IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 567.
#17051 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy all u GnfR 'ballers..... are you sitting down?
Got a sweet note this morning from Jen.....

Smails (resized).jpgSmails (resized).jpg
#17052 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy all u GnfR 'ballers..... are you sitting down?

G&R with turkey & mash potatoes & gravy?

Be proactive, do something about the area behind the scoop.

Enjoy.

#17053 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

G&R with turkey & mash potatoes & gravy?
Be proactive, do something about the area behind the scoop.
Enjoy.

Bingo! .. She wants to finalize because it shipping soon!!! That's a good sign for those with a direct order. Mine was placed 12/30/20.

#17054 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Come on Rolls-Royce this was a warm up run. You better put some scores up cuz this weekend I’m gonna put the pedal down boi!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I got 4,000,000 just warming up Chaka
The 6M that you got was warming too?

This weekend Pinside will have the Chaka for breakfast

Chaka for breakfast  (resized).pngChaka for breakfast (resized).pngHey Chaka! (resized).jpegHey Chaka! (resized).jpeg
#17055 2 years ago

I'm just glad to see people talking about the gameplay again and not the stupid post "fixes."

#17056 2 years ago

Ain't no fixin' that shit.

#17057 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'm just glad to see people talking about the gameplay again and not the stupid post "fixes."

Speaking of, how many times can you go “around” the tour loop in a row? Got to four last night and didnt notice a “warp 1, warp 2, wrap 3” kind of call out…not that this is Star Trek but that loop from the upper flipper is a gas…did i miss it staying focused?

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

… I got 4,000,000 just warming up Chaka
The 6M that you got was warming too?
This weekend Pinside will have the Chaka for breakfast [quoted image][quoted image]

Some scores I can keep up with!! How many button presses in between amp, firecracker, lights, horn?

#17058 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fixes shmixes... Thank jsa

Scorbit's online virtual arcade experience seems to have singlehandedly brought competitive and social gameplay to the forefront but from the comfort of your own man cave.

#17059 2 years ago

Speaking of gameplay, does anyone know what the boost from the song specific patches is? I typically ignore those and just go with whatever song is selected. I’m wondering if the specific bonus from those is greater than whatever gets taken away when you pick a song.

#17060 2 years ago

Speaking of, how many times can you go “around” the tour loop in a row? Got to four last last and didnt notice a “warp 1, warp 2, wrap 3” kind of call out…not that this is Star Trek but that loop from the upper flipper is a gas…did i miss it staying focused?

Some scores I can keep up with!! How many button presses in between amp, firecracker, lights, horn?

I got up to 6 the other night...I think the Godzilla loop at expo helped my timing

#17061 2 years ago

What's your best strategy for stacking multiball boosters? I have been trying to start the Crowd, Make Some Noise first which tends to allow the other boosters to stack more easily...

I still wish I had an idea of Song Value without guessing or going to the Status screen...

#17062 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What's your best strategy for stacking multiball boosters? I have been trying to start the Crowd, Make Some Noise first which tends to allow the other boosters to stack more easily...
I still wish I had an idea of Song Value without guessing or going to the Status screen...

Stacking? Whats that!?! I cant seem to start a song before the boosters. Usually, amp, pyro and lights mutiball starts before I qualify a song…

My question ends up…how do I avoid them before the song :/

Or I miss the applause jackpot. Such an easy shot. Yet, it gets missed all the time.

#17063 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

By the way how do you feel now that finally you opened and been playing your GNR?

Took a while to get right but shoots way better than when I played it on location. It’s funny how locations are always way off. Getting the orbits to work correctly was a major part of getting this machine to flow right. Again, haven’t got into that deep but most of what I’ve played it I really like. The song multiballs totally make sense and these modes are different than anything else out there. But I do find the random other multiballs a little ADD and it will be nice to scale those back. I like to have a clear path of objectives I’m shooting for but then all of a sudden I hit some random target and it’s multiball time. I think those random other multiball modes should be much tougher to get activated like a wild 4 way combo - meaning they should be activated intentionally from skill and not by accidentally hitting random targets. The light show it the best of all time, nothing compares. Machine package is amazing, each side of the cabinet is completely different. The LE Sideblades are coming either this week or next, so that will be the icing on this pin. I don’t think anybody will put this much into a pin in the future, so it’s a keeper.

#17064 2 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-square-blue-rubber-pad-with-adhesive-backing.html

Would these work for the sides of the scoop? I’d like to have a set or two for backup since I’m putting an order together for some stuff anyway. 10x

#17065 2 years ago

I don’t think anybody will put this much into a pin in the future, so it’s a keeper.

A statement worth reposting.

#17066 2 years ago

Took a while to get right but shoots way better than when I played it on location. It’s funny how locations are always way off. Getting the orbits to work correctly was a major part of getting this machine to flow right. Again, haven’t got into that deep but most of what I’ve played it I really like. The song multiballs totally make sense and these modes are different than anything else out there. But I do find the random other multiballs a little ADD and it will be nice to scale those back. I like to have a clear path of objectives I’m shooting for but then all of a sudden I hit some random target and it’s multiball time. I think those random other multiball modes should be much tougher to get activated like a wild 4 way combo - meaning they should be activated intentionally from skill and not by accidentally hitting random targets. The light show it the best of all time, nothing compares. Machine package is amazing, each side of the cabinet is completely different. The LE Sideblades are coming either this week or next, so that will be the icing on this pin. I don’t think anybody will put this much into a pin in the future, so it’s a keeper.

Agree on the multiballs. You can make those booster multiballs harder to qualify. I made each of them (except AMP) 1-2 notches harder to start. I found that much better as you need to be more aware and purposely starting them rather than it seemingly being random.

#17067 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy all u GnfR 'ballers..... are you sitting down?

Date ordered serial number disty or direct

Congrats man! Excited for you!!

#17068 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ain't no fixin' that shit.

Exactly why all the "fix" posts were such a waste of time. It is what it is, play it and have fun. Get the playfield offer. Swap it when it's time to sell, or sell the backup with the game. Life is short.

#17069 2 years ago

I understand what you are saying.

You'll never convince me to send them more money to get another fucked playfield or anything else for that matter.

YMMV

#17070 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I understand what you are saying.
You'll never convince me to send them more money to get another fucked playfield or anything else for that matter.
YMMV

Fair point, obviously the hope is the replacements will be better (though certainly not guaranteed.)

At one point the playfields were pretty good - my Wonka CE has held up really well for example. I hope Mirco figures it out.

#17071 2 years ago

Never a problem with my Hobbit either, but i sold it out of disgust for JJP.

#17072 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Never a problem with my Hobbit either, but i sold it out of disgust for JJP.

Hobbit was the last JJP playfield I heard absolutely no issues about. After that is when the problem manifested.

#17073 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-square-blue-rubber-pad-with-adhesive-backing.html
Would these work for the sides of the scoop? I’d like to have a set or two for backup since I’m putting an order together for some stuff anyway. 10x

Looks too thick.

#17074 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Agree on the multiballs. You can make those booster multiballs harder to qualify. I made each of them (except AMP) 1-2 notches harder to start. I found that much better as you need to be more aware and purposely starting them rather than it seemingly being random.

Oh nice. I’ll tweak that then, it’s a little too distracting in the stock difficulty. Hopefully this game has settings profiles so I can switch back and forth to stock settings, etc

#17075 2 years ago

Oh nice. I’ll tweak that then, it’s a little too distracting in the stock difficulty. Hopefully this game has settings profiles so I can switch back and forth to stock settings, etc

A Settings profile to toggle back and forth would be sweet. I haven’t looked to see if that’s an option, but would love it.

#17076 2 years ago

This was a nice surprise thrown in my missing accessories box. Great guys over at JJP! Thank you Eric for the card and Nate for going out of his way to help me out. Customer for life.

88229F22-3B34-44ED-88E7-1DD8C1F2E2A3 (resized).jpeg88229F22-3B34-44ED-88E7-1DD8C1F2E2A3 (resized).jpeg
#17077 2 years ago

Talking about settings profiles - I noticed the difficulty presets don't seem to have any effect on the game - like, they're empty. Is this right?
My son came over to play the other night and the game was spanking him, so I wanted to easily make things easier.

#17078 2 years ago

Stacking? Whats that!?! I cant seem to start a song before the boosters. Usually, amp, pyro and lights mutiball starts before I qualify a song…
My question ends up…how do I avoid them before the song :/
Or I miss the applause jackpot. Such an easy shot. Yet, it gets missed all the time.

Maybe I’m not reading this right or I don’t understand something about the rules, but you “want” to start all four of the multi balls. This will increase your song value. Am I missing something?

#17079 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Maybe I’m not reading this right or I don’t understand something about the rules, but you “want” to start all four of the multi balls. This will increase your song value. Am I missing something?

Lol. Now if I could just start a song before i get multi’s. Think I read that the rules can make it tougher the first time to up help it to a song first.

#17080 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Correct.

Pre-Song: Run the 4 booster MBs, hit as many jackpots as you can. Lock as many balls as you can.
In-Song: Keep things alive by shooting the lit shots+scoop. Lock balls on neck for power chord. Shoot active band members for band frenzy and big jackpot boosts.

#17081 2 years ago

Lol. Now if I could just start a song before i get multi’s. Think I read that the rules can make it tougher the first time to up help it to a song first.

That's not how it works.

The multiballs before the song are amps/pyro/crowd/lights boosters that you want to capitalize on as much as possible to make your song as lucrative as possible.

#17082 2 years ago

Was there a post about what to adjust exactly in regards to the loops being dialed in? I missed the "how to" section

#17083 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Talking about settings profiles - I noticed the difficulty presets don't seem to have any effect on the game - like, they're empty. Is this right?
My son came over to play the other night and the game was spanking him, so I wanted to easily make things easier.

Agree, I believe they have not coded them yet.

#17084 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That's not how it works.
The multiballs before the song are amps/pyro/crowd/lights boosters that you want to capitalize on as much as possible to make your song as lucrative as possible.

Not necessarily true, you don’t have to play them before a song. Yes, if you do well and collect super jackpots it will raise your song value. However, there are other ways to raise your song value without using boosters. Such as, patches, left and right loop, and repeating the upper loop shot, and lastly locking balls.

To an extent, I find song value slightly overrated. Meaning, going into hey song with a 50 to 75 song level really isn’t that bad versus risking Balls prior to a song in efforts to maximize that level. Song level and scoring really start to shine once you get one or two or more encores , and are repeating your band frenzy.

That all said, the perfect storm is doing well in your boosters, getting patches, making loops, locking all six balls; and then capitalizing with band frenzies, power chords, and encores. But if you can do that well in a song, do you are going to get to a max song level after a couple encores anyway without doing all the pre-song multiballs.

Side note: Getting a 3 to 4 booster multiball stack going is exhilarating in itself and worth playing for how fun it is rather than building song level. It’s such a rush to get all 4 at once.

Making boosters slightly harder to qualify does open potential for interesting newer strategies. Such as, saving a near qualified booster multiball for after my first song knowing how much progressively harder a booster mb becomes to start. And, going for JAM lanes/target to qualify members after I’ve played a couple songs.

Now all this is hearsay if you’re playing a tournament setup machine with no ball savers, no extra balls, and very hard setup. Then my strat is use ball 1 and 2 to go for boosters, ball 3 to see how far I can make it in a song. Otherwise, my normal strat is trying to get my 4-5 go to patches, lock balls, and use boosters as needed, but if I happen to chain stacks then it’s all or nothing. Situational pinball at its best!

« Spoiler! Click to reveal. sorry for the long post »

#17085 2 years ago

I'll post here. But it says reply up top. first post.

#17086 2 years ago

Welcome mate, kick your boots off, grab a frostie and wiggle into the lounge.

Tell us your story.

#17087 2 years ago

what happened to the thread for technical/fixing your GNR JJP game? I'm new here, but I posted in it twice regarding my stuck balls and it seems to have disappeared? I've clicked everywhere I think. I'm not finding this platform as intuitive as say PH, for instance. You could make some kind of joke about stuck balls I suppose, but I can't think of one...

#17088 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

what happened to the thread for technical/fixing your GNR JJP game? I'm new here, but I posted in it twice regarding my stuck balls and it seems to have disappeared?

It's still there. Check your forum activity. You've posted in two threads. This one and the tech one.

LTG : )

#17089 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's still there. Check your forum activity. You've posted in two threads. This one and the tech one.

Ok thanks, found it. Had to do some extra clicking. That's not a very busy thread, I posted 5 days ago and am the last post. Can I ask questions about mechanical issues in this forum or is that frowned upon? Would hate to kicked off after I've donated my 5 bucks and all....

#17090 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

Can I ask questions about mechanical issues in this forum

Ask away.

People understand if one forum is more active than others.

Usually if someone posts to use a tech thread, it's because you might get a more helpful response there.

#17091 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

Ok thanks, found it. Had to do some extra clicking. That's not a very busy thread, I posted 5 days ago and am the last post. Can I ask questions about mechanical issues in this forum or is that frowned upon? Would hate to kicked off after I've donated my 5 bucks and all....

I answered in other thread. Had same issue

#17092 2 years ago
Quoted from Boognish:

Owners thread, like this, is a great place to start and not frowned upon at all. It’s hard to get booted off this site unless your nickname starts with K (that’s a deep internal joke). Welcome to the club.

#17093 2 years ago

Or poke sticks at the 48 contiguous.

#17094 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Agree, I believe they have not coded them yet.

Oh that's... annoying.

Another question: any idea how to fix squeaky legs? Also - asking for a friend... can you death save on this game?

#17095 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Oh that's... annoying.
Another question: any idea how to fix squeaky legs? Also - asking for a friend... can you death save on this game?

Depends on where the squeaking is coming from. Are all the legs doing it or just one or two? Do you already have nylon washers on the legs to protect the powdercoat? If not, it could be the bolt rubbing into the powdercoat...
nylon washers-sml (resized).jpgnylon washers-sml (resized).jpg

#17096 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends on where the squeaking is coming from. Are all the legs doing it or just one or two? Do you already have nylon washers on the legs to protect the powdercoat? If not, it could be the bolt rubbing into the powdercoat...
[quoted image]

I think it's 2... Might have to just tighten the bolts I guess?

#17097 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

I think it's 2... Might have to just tighten the bolts I guess?

Better to stick something (nylon, rubber, or steel washer) between the bolt and the leg first because the tighter the bolt is, the more it digs into the powdercoat.

#17098 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Oh that's... annoying.

It's next to impossible to death save on this game. The biggest hurdle is the little wire that runs under the left flipper to prevent a ball from kicking out of the drain back up. Not only that, you'd probably need at least three tilt warnings for rocking it that hard.

#17099 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

can you death save on this game?

If you are Lou Ferrigno maybe in Hulk Form

#17100 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Bingo! .. She wants to finalize because it shipping soon!!! That's a good sign for those with a direct order. Mine was placed 12/30/20.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c9aa7dde4335b7bdb4e8b60b84297b5efce26ddf-1635947781-1800"};
//]]>

Hallelujah! Your order was a couple months before mine, which bodes well for us early 2021 orders. Hope yours gets delivered by T-Day!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/342 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.