IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 569.
#17001 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Walk off the Earth performing Donā€™t Cry. This band is so cool if you havenā€™t heard of them.

If we're going that route, I'll take Steve 'n' Seagulls cover of Paradise City.

#17002 2 years ago

And also November Rain:

These covers are probably dirt cheap to get. Might be fun to have them hidden around the game as easter eggs.

#17003 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah the JJP topper instructions are horrible. They are wrong in several places and the pics included are low res and dark, basically trash. Iā€™m tempted to put a proper one online here and have it as a key post. That blue wire is tights on all machines and needs to be pulled up. The instructions show it conveniently located close to the top where it connects to the topper. Total BS, itā€™s nowhere close. I see the over the metal box wiring John Floyd did and it should be running up to the top. Also nowhere it tells you where to place the LED strip

Don't be tempted, do it. I'm on the fence on the topper, so any input helps. Also, is pinmonk working on an enhancement? Thought I read that,,,

#17004 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Don't be tempted, do it. I'm on the fence on the topper, so any input helps. Also, is pinmonk working on an enhancement? Thought I read that,,,

Yes. I'm working on an enhancement for the marquee header. It will not involve servos or concert-like rigging or cost $2000, though.

#17005 2 years ago

Behind the scoop on the left beside the spinner. Not the happiest moment.

F9253699-E4BD-44D9-8364-56534705EC0B (resized).jpegF9253699-E4BD-44D9-8364-56534705EC0B (resized).jpeg
#17006 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. I'm working on an enhancement for the marquee header. It will not involve servos or concert-like rigging or cost $2000, though.

When will you announce it, or what itā€™ll be

#17007 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

When will you announce it, or what itā€™ll be

Hopefully have a video of one soon. I intended to finish the wiring of the prototype this weekend (I initially only did half as a proof of concept), but I've been hung up getting these kits for the Special Launch Edition Tibetan Breeze kits done. Hopefully I can get the wiring done this week and it works as I expect when I put the whole thing together. Initial test on the half I did was promising...

But even once I show it, it will probably be months before I have something to ship because I believe I'll be making circuit boards for this as the hand wiring is not really durable for general public installation and that circuit board process takes more time, even for small ones.

#17008 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Behind the scoop on the left beside the spinner. Not the happiest moment. [quoted image]

Get some clear nail polish on that, stat.

#17009 2 years ago

Wife was ready for her first game, 2 hours later she said best game ever and no one else can play her game except me. LOL.

This games a winner!

#17010 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Wife was ready for her first game, 2 hours later she said best game ever and no one else can play her game except me. LOL.
This games a winner!

same here John, as I mentioned before, my wife played 5 hours straight when we got our game.
She just play our Guns ā€˜N Roses now, and when she invites her girlfriends they just play GNR
Thatā€™s a funny thing to be honest ā€¦ the same loyalty for this Pinball with many wives

#17011 2 years ago

I know a four year old girl who says GnR is her favourite. Which is pretty cool because Mario Brothers comes in second.

#17012 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get some clear nail polish on that, stat.

Thoughts about two part epoxy (adding pigment)?

#17013 2 years ago

Thoughts about two part epoxy (adding pigment)?

Seems like overkill for that. You're just trying to stop it from getting worse and nail polish is easy to work with and transparent. Epoxy seems like way to much for such a simple demand.

#17014 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems like overkill for that. You're just trying to stop it from getting worse and nail polish is easy to work with and transparent. Epoxy seems like way to much for such a simple demand.

Worried about the strength of the fix over time. While on the playfield list 1) want the fix to last 2) dont want a problem with clean up on a failed attempt 3) nobody has gotten a playfield yet (off the list) thats has postedā€¦

Got a TNA and AIQ with problems too. Just gonna do the batch at once.

#17015 2 years ago

Something I did right after coming home from the Expo and playing the GnR's on display:

Crawled under my machine and lowered the pitch of the back legs and got the center of the playfield centered on 6.5, (then recalibrated the bubble level for my OCD to just touch the 2nd line, LOL)

I played the AXL Freeplay area CE and the Slash CE as well as a couple LE's for comparison at the JJP booth at the Expo and they both shot slightly smoother and crisper than mine

I had my playfield at about 6.5 near the flippers...now with the angle at 6.5 near the center of the playfield...the flipper angle area goes down to 6.3 but the game shoots like butter ...Wow, completely different game with just a subtle change...areas I was getting a little rattle and clunk are gone...

Even took all of my tweaked coil settings to default.

I always live by the rule of thinking horses and not zebras when solving an issue and this was no difference.

#17016 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Something I did right after coming home from the Expo and playing the GnR's on display:
Crawled under my machine and lowered the pitch of the back legs and got the center of the playfield centered on 6.5, (then recalibrated the bubble level for my OCD to just touch the 2nd line, LOL)

Interesting! Do you not find it a bit floaty?

#17017 2 years ago

Yeah mine is right at 6.5 leveled and orbits working perfect. Now I just need to get time to play it

#17018 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Is there a rubber ring chart available, cant seem to find it in the manual. Looking for sling size , but full chart would be great

itĀ“s on page #151 (May21 manual), but many pinheads check/add the Titan Database list: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5755
Different from the standard (page #151), I installed the 2" rings for item #5 and 2 1/4" for the slingshots (item #6), because otherwise it is very tight

#17019 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

This. But also if you moved the flipper bat. shaft up or down while cleaning it, Iā€™ve found binding flippers on this game when the linkages have some new pressure on them. I know theyā€™re the same parts as my other pins but for some reason they seem to be more sensitive on this game for me. See if lifting (pushing up from the bottom) or lowering the clamp and shaft together makes things seem more free swinging. If so, might want to loosen the nut and raise the shaft in the clamp ever so slightly.
Thatā€™s been my issue every time one of these doesnā€™t want to return ā€œhomeā€ thus far.

Loose coil stop the culprit. Only one screw installed from the looks of it, or one of them came loose in transit. Thanks for your help!

#17020 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"75d157dddd4bee3c55eb4d9e970e3d74277c20ab-1635767650-1800"};
//]]>

same here John, as I mentioned before, my wife played 5 hours straight when we got our game.
She just play our Guns ā€˜N Roses now, and when she invites her girlfriends they just play GNR
Thatā€™s a funny thing to be honest ā€¦ the same loyalty for this Pinball with many wives

I may do a wet check next time. This pin just may deliver more than expected. LOL

#17021 2 years ago

Behind the scoop on the left beside the spinner. Not the happiest moment. [quoted image]

Yeh, thatā€™s an overlooked ā€œdangerā€ spot there behind the scoop. Having stripped my game bare before playing a game, that was literally the only spot that showed very slight pooling - without a game! Evened it out, Mylar, silicone and itā€™s perfect now. But with the beating that scoop cops, itā€™s little wonder itā€™s pooling and starting to separate there.

Unfortunately The ball guide is harder to protect. PinMonk ā€˜s idea is likely the go.

#17022 2 years ago

I've asked before but still don't know the answer... Where is special? (once you've earned the patch?) I have it set to award an extra ball on my machine.

#17023 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

itĀ“s on page #151 (May21 manual), but many pinheads check/add the Titan Database list: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5755
Different from the standard (page #151), I installed the 2" rings for item #5 and 2 1/4" for the slingshots (item #6), because otherwise it is very tight

Thanks!!

#17024 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

I've asked before but still don't know the answer... Where is special? (once you've earned the patch?) I have it set to award an extra ball on my machine.

Right outlane from what i remember. It doesn't have a text label, but it's like a bird or something.
If you want to really get an extra ball, you'd have to drain there during multiball.

#17025 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahaha Iā€™m glad I was able to read it Scream

I wasn't even making sense by the end of it last night .
The shifty part of my brain convinced me I was saving almost $1000 but when I woke up today and reality kicked in , I worked out it was closer to $400
There should be an app on your phone which will see when you've had too many beers and stop you from posting crap and buying stuff

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#17026 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Interesting! Do you not find it a bit floaty?

No actually the game plays I think now even better as the balls don't rocket back down towards the drain.. and it gives me time to get the better balance of the game going versus everything piling up on all the flippers... multiple things at once timing a shot to go up until the power chord while you're waiting for the ball to go around the orbit and hit with the right flipper to do another orbit or possibly backup that left ramp... constantly planning combos in the little bit of extra time now is much appreciated versus everything rocketing back towards me like a Stern set up... Different feel yes but I think for this game it makes it better

#17027 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Different feel yes but I think for this game it makes it better

Iā€™ll give it a go! Did you raise front legs at all to achieve 6.3 at the flippers? My current angle seems pretty uniform from mid to bottom.

#17028 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Iā€™ll give it a go! Did you raise front legs at all to achieve 6.3 at the flippers? My current angle seems pretty uniform from mid to bottom.

No front legs are all the way down to the adjuster nuts, back are about 4 -5 threads showing - YMMV on the back legs depending on your position in your room/level area...I'm using a digital torpedo level to give me tenths readout as well

#17029 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Picked up some new wall art at Expo for my pinball roomā€¦
[quoted image]

Awesome!

Reminded me I have some GnR related wall art that I was lucky enough to to get for my mancave, but have decided it doesnā€™t fit the vibe and left it unhanged. This was designed by the artist and Slash - the original went to Slash but this is a rare AP print with COA etc. Would rather it go to a pinhead. If interested PM me.

9D0CE028-131A-4B51-8880-5C07DB7C2125 (resized).jpeg9D0CE028-131A-4B51-8880-5C07DB7C2125 (resized).jpeg
#17030 2 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

Awesome!
Reminded me I have some GnR related wall art that I was lucky enough to to get for my mancave, but have decided it doesnā€™t fit the vibe and left it unhanged. This was designed by the artist and Slash - the original went to Slash but this is a rare AP print with COA etc. Would rather it go to a pinhead. If interested PM me.[quoted image]

Disney princesses! My 5 year old would love this.
Well, it may be inappropriate lol.

#17031 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Unfortunately The ball guide is harder to protect. PinMonk ā€˜s idea is likely the go.

Thought was to plug the hole temporarily (silicone), epoxy a fix & pull the silicone plug.
The nail polish sounds like a monthly fix. With cleanup. Last thing i want to doā€¦is fix this more than once a year.

#17032 2 years ago

Thought was to plug the hole temporarily (silicone), epoxy a fix & pull the silicone plug.
The nail polish sounds like a monthly fix. With cleanup. Last thing i want to doā€¦is fix this more than once a year.

Clear nail polish is a time-tested fix. I've personally used it since the 1990s and literally never had to do it more than once in non-ball wear areas. Granted, we're in the Mirco era of crappy playfields, so there's always new discoveries, but where you're pointing out I don't think it's more than a one and done. You're just trying to arrest the damage so it doesn't spread.

#17033 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I got my stadium topper from PinGraffix this week and I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY how cool this topper is. It looks fantastic in personā€¦ It has exceeded my expectations. I was concerned that it was going to be too much light all the time and it is perfect, it connects to the light board under the playfield and it syncs up to the lights perfectly on the playfield. It is really well made and it took me only about 10-15 minutes to install. If your on the fence about this topper I totally recommend itā€¦ beats a lit piece of acrylic on the topā€¦ HOME RUN. My basement has low ceilings and it fit fantastically best thing I added to my Guns N Roses machine!

[quoted image]

Man love the tour poster art. Where did you get it come?

#17034 2 years ago

Iā€™ve used clear Polyurethane on some pins as it has a flex to it and lasts. Just make sure itā€™s out of gameplay as the ball will track on it

#17035 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

How did they have these connected? Through the headphone port???

The external speakers were connected with a Y-splitter at the audio connection to the topper amplifier. For the show I just used a single 1/8" cable to the external speakers. This matched one of the inputs to the external speakers. So the external speakers were just mono. With a slightly different Y-splitter and a second 1/8" cable the external speakers could be setup for stereo.

#17036 2 years ago
Quoted from jackbot:

The external speakers were connected with a Y-splitter at the audio connection to the topper amplifier. For the show I just used a single 1/8" cable to the external speakers. This matched one of the inputs to the external speakers. So the external speakers were just mono. With a slightly different Y-splitter and a second 1/8" cable the external speakers could be setup for stereo.

Interesting. Hard to believe they donā€™t have an RCA out on the main audio board like pinsound has. That surprises me.

#17037 2 years ago

Excuse the quality, but convince me. Is there a better callout in pinball?

#17038 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I went with a key chain and painted it chrome. I think it's a nice fit.
[quoted image]

I ordered one of these as well. How did you attach it? Any pics?

#17039 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Excuse the quality, but convince me. Is there a better callout in pinball?

Iā€™m not denying your assertion, but doesnā€™t Melissa tell me to quit pounding my pud and play on occasion? Maybe I just like it when ladies are rude to me.

#17040 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Iā€™m not denying your assertion, but doesnā€™t Melissa tell me to quit pounding my pud and play on occasion? Maybe I just like it when ladies are rude to me.

Ya that's good too. I'm still in honeymoon phase

#17041 2 years ago

Honeymoon phase will last forever on this one.
Truly is incredible !

#17042 2 years ago

Come on Rolls-Royce this was a warm up run. You better put some scores up cuz this weekend Iā€™m gonna put the pedal down boi!

2AC28646-C9A1-4B58-B2BC-9591F8464E3E (resized).jpeg2AC28646-C9A1-4B58-B2BC-9591F8464E3E (resized).jpegF8AF02BA-B1BD-46CC-A49F-7716EF812F20 (resized).jpegF8AF02BA-B1BD-46CC-A49F-7716EF812F20 (resized).jpeg
#17043 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Now that I have it setup correctly, Iā€™m happy with the JJP topper. It looks pretty nice now that the whole thing lights up. Yes it is basic, but also nice that it is only $200. Instructions could be better, but I had no issues wiring it up. The pic with the wire across the steel plate wasnā€™t from me. I simply took the light blue wire out of the guide clamp and fed it up the left side nice and neat. Looking forward to pinmonks mod for it as this topper could use a little added wow factor. But so far so good for only $200.
Now I just need to adjust the song scoop somehow - Iā€™m getting a lot of SDTM releases. Best score so far is 6.6m - loving this game!!!

#17044 2 years ago

John-Floyd look at my post #16779 for SDTM cure

#17045 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Now I just need to adjust the song scoop somehow - Iā€™m getting a lot of SDTM releases. Best score so far is 6.6m - loving this game!!!

Adding one thick washer (or two thinner ones stacked) under each screw on the left side of the scoop underneath the playfield takes care of this problem completely by angling the eject angle itself slightly to the left. Works great.

And talking score, tonight I lost a 40 million encore jackpot from You Could Be Mine into an encore of Estranged. Literally almost at the end and blew it.

#17046 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Man love the tour poster art. Where did you get it come?

I got the posters on ETSY

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GudrunBergShop?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1030362576

TOUR (resized).jpegTOUR (resized).jpeg
#17047 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Come on Rolls-Royce this was a warm up run. You better put some scores up cuz this weekend Iā€™m gonna put the pedal down boi!
[quoted image][quoted image]

By the way how do you feel now that finally you opened and been playing your GNR?

#17048 2 years ago

Thanks for posting! We should make this a key post simple can find it. These are great!

#17049 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Adding one thick washer (or two thinner ones stacked) under each screw on the left side of the scoop underneath the playfield takes care of this problem completely by angling the eject angle itself slightly to the left. Works great.
And talking score, tonight I lost a 40 million encore jackpot from You Could Be Mine into an encore of Estranged. Literally almost at the end and blew it.

This is the best / easiest fix. Ejects hit the left flipper every time.

#17050 2 years ago

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy all u GnfR 'ballers..... are you sitting down?
Got a sweet note this morning from Jen.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 341 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/341?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.