IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 569.
#16951 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Loose coil stop. Or broken spring.
LTG : )

This. But also if you moved the flipper bat. shaft up or down while cleaning it, I’ve found binding flippers on this game when the linkages have some new pressure on them. I know they’re the same parts as my other pins but for some reason they seem to be more sensitive on this game for me. See if lifting (pushing up from the bottom) or lowering the clamp and shaft together makes things seem more free swinging. If so, might want to loosen the nut and raise the shaft in the clamp ever so slightly.

That’s been my issue every time one of these doesn’t want to return “home” thus far.

#16952 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Congrats!! You're gonna love it. Out ta get me, with 6 balls locked is just incredible

Out ta get me and Rocket queen are incredible ! The light show and pumping audio is insane ! Chills down the spine mental. The coders that are doing the light show should get a bonus. Of course none of it would be possible without Erics amazing design accommodating all those lights so well.
JJP GnR is not a game
Its an Experience !

#16953 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

My bottom right flipper is all of a sudden not going all the way back to resting position after giving it a clean the other day. I can push it back with the glass off, but the problem returns after first flip. I haven't had a chance to open up the plqyfield yet, but I suspect it's a loose spring. Anything I should know?

Coil stop, mine fell into cab at 100 plays,

#16954 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Out ta get me and Rocket queen are incredible ! The light show and pumping audio is insane ! Chills down the spine mental. The coders that are doing the light show should get a bonus. Of course none of it would be possible without Erics amazing design accommodating all those lights so well.
JJP GnR is not a game
Its an Experience !

Yeah, much like the KISS pin, the GnR pin is making me like songs I didn't really like before. Rocket Queen is one of them. Standout light show tightly integrated to the music. Really great stuff.

#16956 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I really like that! Where do you get it? Link?

$0.80 with $1.85 shipping. The only downer is shipping time china post is usually like 4-8 weeks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001233464989.html

They have a pewter version (not pictured below, but on that page), so it wouldn't even need to be painted.

gnr-keychains-sml (resized).jpggnr-keychains-sml (resized).jpg

And I have to post this one. Chinese product listings on Aliexpress have English hilarity all over the place, like this keychain for the "Hip Hop Rock" band JUDAS PRIEST.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815811297.html

#16957 2 years ago

On the right loop, I'm getting about 80% straight to out lane. Other than a good nudge, has anyone come up with a good fix? Thx,,,

#16958 2 years ago

I ordered this one, it has a bottle opener which is useful in my case

9747AA25-AD42-4452-8D95-5014F53CAF14 (resized).jpeg9747AA25-AD42-4452-8D95-5014F53CAF14 (resized).jpeg
#16959 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$0.80 with $1.85 shipping. The only downer is shipping time china post is usually like 4-8 weeks.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001233464989.html
They have a pewter version (not pictured below, but on that page), so it wouldn't even need to be painted.
[quoted image]
And I have to post this one. Chinese product listings on Aliexpress have English hilarity all over the place, like this keychain for the "Hip Hop Rock" band JUDAS PRIEST.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815811297.html

I got totally ripped off , it said it was $0.01 and when I got to check out it was $0.02

IMG_20211031_225438 (resized).jpgIMG_20211031_225438 (resized).jpg
#16960 2 years ago

Speaking of keychains I got this one

E554D43E-AFF2-4CAB-83AB-9046B1A743CA (resized).pngE554D43E-AFF2-4CAB-83AB-9046B1A743CA (resized).png
#16961 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Speaking of keychains I got this one
[quoted image]

I got that one the other week , cost almost $40 to get here from England

#16962 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I got that one the other week , cost almost $40 to get here from England

Ouch! It’s pricey shipping down there. But it looks nice!

#16963 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Ouch! It’s pricey shipping down there. But it looks nice!

Shipping was about half the price .
That oldies website has got some cool stuff .

#16964 2 years ago

I got my stadium topper from PinGraffix this week and I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY how cool this topper is. It looks fantastic in person… It has exceeded my expectations. I was concerned that it was going to be too much light all the time and it is perfect, it connects to the light board under the playfield and it syncs up to the lights perfectly on the playfield. It is really well made and it took me only about 10-15 minutes to install. If your on the fence about this topper I totally recommend it… beats a lit piece of acrylic on the top… HOME RUN. My basement has low ceilings and it fit fantastically best thing I added to my Guns N Roses machine!

IMG_5106 (resized).jpgIMG_5106 (resized).jpg

#16965 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I got my stadium topper from PinGraffix this week and I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY how cool this topper is. It looks fantastic in person… It has exceeded my expectations. I was concerned that it was going to be too much light all the time and it is perfect, it connects to the light board under the playfield and it syncs up to the lights perfectly on the playfield. It is really well made and it took me only about 10-15 minutes to install. If your on the fence about this topper I totally recommend it… beats a lit piece of acrylic on the top… HOME RUN. My basement has low ceilings and it fit fantastically best thing I added to my Guns N Roses machine.. this has to be seen in person really adds to the experience.

[quoted image]

Your videos aren't working .
I'm hoping to see it in person soon .
Great to see you're really happy with it .

Man , that is a tight fit under your ceiling .

#16966 2 years ago

Quick tech question. Both of my upper right flippers are stuck in the "pressed" position. Shutting off the game makes them drop, so I'm guessing electrical issue. Both flippers aren't on the same fuse path, so I'm trying to determine what would cause both of them to have this happen. Coils tests are fine. Thoughts?

#16967 2 years ago

Picked up some new wall art at Expo for my pinball room…

F99EA0AB-1FF7-4C77-96AD-5084A935CE36 (resized).jpegF99EA0AB-1FF7-4C77-96AD-5084A935CE36 (resized).jpeg
#16968 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Quick tech question. Both of my upper right flippers are stuck in the "pressed" position. Shutting off the game makes them drop, so I'm guessing electrical issue. Both flippers aren't on the same fuse path, so I'm trying to determine what would cause both of them to have this happen. Coils tests are fine. Thoughts?

This sounds like a transistor has blown and allowing current right through and locking them up. Do they flip up immediately after powering up again? Keep the door closed or pull out the high power bypass switch.

#16969 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Your videos aren't working .
I'm hoping to see it in person soon .
Great to see you're really happy with it .
Man , that is a tight fit under your ceiling .

Thanks for letting me know got hit with copyright issue.. took sound out. Works now.

#16970 2 years ago

The GNR CE (with speaker on the sides) setup at expo was amazing!

I have GNR with a subwoofer and it’s sounds great but this sounded amazing! Planning to move my machine into a corner and do the same, eventually.

E3BCFBE7-542A-4A22-924D-CB139DD4AC7C (resized).pngE3BCFBE7-542A-4A22-924D-CB139DD4AC7C (resized).png
#16971 2 years ago

so nice you got one.. Wish i could to replace the one that is falling apart in my game as i play it.
My name is Rich Too . Send it to me. Ha
Bottom left Quality Emblem . Bahhhh lmao

Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Picked up some new wall art at Expo for my pinball room…
[quoted image]

#16972 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

This sounds like a transistor has blown and allowing current right through and locking them up. Do they flip up immediately after powering up again? Keep the door closed or pull out the high power bypass switch.

They did not flip back up on this reboot. Now it's telling me that #D12 switch is stuck closed. As soon as I closed the coin door, they flipped back up again.
Does anyone have a pic of what the right-side leaf switch should look like when it's working correctly? That seems to be the issue, but I'm not sure how it needs to be adjusted.

#16973 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

so nice you got one.. Wish i could to replace the one that is falling apart in my game as i play it.
My name is Rich Too . Send it to me. Ha
Bottom left Quality Emblem . Bahhhh lmao

I don’t think you’d want this one…
It’s a seconds/reject playfield.

Did you get on the JJP list for a new play field at a discounted price?

If not get in touch with Barry at JJP.

#16974 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I got my stadium topper from PinGraffix this week and I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY how cool this topper is. It looks fantastic in person… It has exceeded my expectations. I was concerned that it was going to be too much light all the time and it is perfect, it connects to the light board under the playfield and it syncs up to the lights perfectly on the playfield. It is really well made and it took me only about 10-15 minutes to install. If your on the fence about this topper I totally recommend it… beats a lit piece of acrylic on the top… HOME RUN. My basement has low ceilings and it fit fantastically best thing I added to my Guns N Roses machine!

[quoted image]

If you go to their site and order them today with promo code: Spice34, you are getting between $300-$340 off depending which version you choose.

#16975 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

They did not flip back up on this reboot. Now it's telling me that #D12 switch is stuck closed. As soon as I closed the coin door, they flipped back up again.
Does anyone have a pic of what the right-side leaf switch should look like when it's working correctly? That seems to be the issue, but I'm not sure how it needs to be adjusted.

Ahh ok, it's just the right side as I read quickly and though it was right and left. Yep check the flipper button leaf just inside the cab, slide a piece of paper in there when they are locked up and see if they drop. Keep the high power switch pulled out so the coils are powered.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16976 2 years ago

Ahh ok, it's just the right side as I read quickly and though it was right and left. Yep check the flipper button leaf just inside the cab, slide a piece of paper in there when they are locked up and see if they drop. Keep the high power switch pulled out so the coils are powered.

Thanks a ton for the help! Needed to gap the far left leaf a bit more. That was the issue! Back to flipping!

#16977 2 years ago

If you go to their site and order them today with promo code: Spice34, you are getting between $300-$340 off depending which version you choose.

This always happens when I'm up late and drunk , I ordered because of the savings code , free shipping and the exchange rate , saved almost a 1000 bucks .
But I will probably wake up in the morning and think what the fuck have I done

#16978 2 years ago

Is there a rubber ring chart available, cant seem to find it in the manual. Looking for sling size , but full chart would be great

#16979 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This always happens when I'm up late and drunk , I ordered because of the savings code , free shipping and the exchange rate , saved almost a 1000 bucks .
But I will probably wake up in the morning and think what the fuck have I done

I tried to edit this post so many times but Pinside wouldn't let me .
I'm not saying pinside is bad , I just want to say what I think .

#16980 2 years ago

The GNR CE (with speaker on the sides) setup at expo was amazing!
I have GNR with a subwoofer and it’s sounds great but this sounded amazing! Planning to move my machine into a corner and do the same, eventually.
[quoted image]

How did they have these connected? Through the headphone port???

#16981 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

[quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#16982 2 years ago

Have any of you guys ever had issues with the Hexagon Lens Covers that go on the hex lights? Specifically the 4th light (if you are counting left to right).?

Basically about 2 weeks ago, I found the hexagon lens cover on the Axl lanes of the playfield with one of the little tabs that snap it into place broken off. I contacted JJP through the support form and they shipped me out a replacement relatively quickly. When trying to re-attach the new lens cover, the little tab snapped off instantly. The problem is that the big RJ45 connector is director behind the clip that breaks, so there's no clearance to get it on. I could try unplugging the RJ45 connector and would probably be able to snap the cover into place, but then would there be clearance to even get the plug back in with the little tab there?

Have any of you had issues with these covers falling off, breaking, etc? If so, what did you do to overcome it?

#16983 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I tried to edit this post so many times but Pinside wouldn't let me .
I'm not saying pinside is bad , I just want to say what I think .

Hahahaha I’m glad I was able to read it Scream

#16984 2 years ago

That pingraffx topper is super cool, but still at ~2K Canadian after taxes and exchange I just could not do it.

#16985 2 years ago

I'm finally getting around to installing the JJP topper on my SE. The LED connector is a 2 pin. Instructions refer to 3 pin. I assume that's not a huge deal, but my question is where is the connector inside the game I should be using? Anyone have a picture or recall what it looks like/where it is?

Here is a picture....there was an LED strip running across the metal casing behind the monitor. Is that a stock LED strip or did the previous owner install that aftermarket perhaps and that is the plug I should be using for the topper?

Thanks!

20211031_152012 (resized).jpg20211031_152012 (resized).jpg
#16986 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

How did they have these connected? Through the headphone port???

They had an amplifier sitting behind it and from what I understand that was connected to the board inside with some type of y connector that went from headphone type plug to two rca type cables. (I think)

I will be getting better instructions on this hopefully and will try to post it on this thread.

#16987 2 years ago

@deejaypee and @joerg one of these days they’ll get scorebit fixed, but challenge beat and sent back your way.

I really think getting the band members tokens, or whatever they are combined with the patch that makes band frenzy easier is the best avenue to points, plus the standard 4 multi balls of course.

D6A961EE-5207-4DA6-B293-67B55DD824B4 (resized).pngD6A961EE-5207-4DA6-B293-67B55DD824B4 (resized).png
#16988 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I'm finally getting around to installing the JJP topper on my SE. The LED connector is a 2 pin. Instructions refer to 3 pin. I assume that's not a huge deal, but my question is where is the connector inside the game I should be using? Anyone have a picture or recall what it looks like/where it is?

I'm assuming it's the baby blue wired plug in the bottom left of the backbox. Here is a picture for reference. Hold my drink, I'm going to power it on and see what happens, lol.

20211031_162403 (resized).jpg20211031_162403 (resized).jpg
#16989 2 years ago

They had an amplifier sitting behind it and from what I understand that was connected to the board inside with some type of y connector that went from headphone type plug to two rca type cables. (I think)
I will be getting better instructions on this hopefully and will try to post it on this thread.

Cool. I did the external amp thing for a bit bit the output of the headphone port was super low. My pretty beefy Nakamichi amp had to be at about 1:00…. Looking forward to see what you discover!

#16990 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

@deejaypee and @joerg one of these days they’ll get scorebit fixed, but challenge beat and sent back your way.
I really think getting the band members tokens, or whatever they are combined with the patch that makes band frenzy easier is the best avenue to points, plus the standard 4 multi balls of course.[quoted image]

lets play the game, looking forward your back to back challenge

Joerg

#16991 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I'm assuming it's the baby blue wired plug in the bottom left of the backbox. Here is a picture for reference. Hold my drink, I'm going to power it on and see what happens, lol.

For anyone else dense like me in the future trying to install the JJP "Once in a Lifetime" topper...I'll confirm this did work. The baby blue wired plug is the one (see my picture in post above). Wifi update to 1.25 also worked well...with coin door open. Coin door closed it failed. For some reason. Sweet.

#16992 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

For anyone else dense like me in the future trying to install the JJP "Once in a Lifetime" topper...I'll confirm this did work. The baby blue wired plug is the one (see my picture in post above). Wifi update to 1.25 also worked well...with coin door open. Coin door closed it failed. For some reason. Sweet.

Thanks for posting.

I’ve been sitting on mine for a few weeks and need to get that thing installed.

#16993 2 years ago

Completely blown away by this game. Nothing to add that hasn’t already be said. Added a 12” Klipsch Sub and it rocks. Fuckin’ amazing!

E4928806-281D-471F-8645-97DF8980EA82 (resized).jpegE4928806-281D-471F-8645-97DF8980EA82 (resized).jpeg
#16994 2 years ago

Thanks for posting.
I’ve been sitting on mine for a few weeks and need to get that thing installed.

It’s a nice little touch - considering the price, it seems worth it overall. Simple install really - remember this to save you 5 minutes - the 4 screws that attach the plexiglass topper to the bracket come in from the front, not the back. You’ll see once you open it up and look at it. I went through the back at first but that wont hold the topper up.

#16995 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Completely blown away by this game. Nothing to add that hasn’t already be said. Added a 12” Klipsch Sub and it rocks. Fuckin’ amazing!
[quoted image]

You need to center the plastic part over the top of the LED strip (plastic inside the metal channel the LED strip is in) so the whole thing lights up. Yours looks like it's behind the strip.

#16996 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

I really think getting the band members tokens, or whatever they are combined with the patch that makes band frenzy easier is the best avenue to points, plus the standard 4 multi balls of course.[quoted image]

Thanks for the tips! I do not think I will be besting that score in the very near future. But dang I’m gonna try!

#16997 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Thanks for the tips! I do not think I will be besting that score in the very near future. But dang I’m gonna try!

You will best it… that is the beauty of this game. Greed for the applause jackpot will make it so.

I got 2 million on the game before this one. There is always the next game

#16998 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You need to center the plastic part over the top of the LED strip (plastic inside the metal channel the LED strip is in) so the whole thing lights up. Yours looks like it's behind the strip.

Ok cool - I’ll make an adjustment. Thanks!

#16999 2 years ago

Walk off the Earth performing Don’t Cry. This band is so cool if you haven’t heard of them.

#17000 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah the JJP topper instructions are horrible. They are wrong in several places and the pics included are low res and dark, basically trash. I’m tempted to put a proper one online here and have it as a key post. That blue wire is tights on all machines and needs to be pulled up. The instructions show it conveniently located close to the top where it connects to the topper. Total BS, it’s nowhere close. I see the over the metal box wiring John Floyd did and it should be running up to the top. Also nowhere it tells you where to place the LED strip

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/340 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.