A97CF123-50FA-487F-A3E6-942DBFAE22C5.gif
IMG20220521175556 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220522_003549 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220521_000935 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 10.47.17 AM (resized).jpg
50B649A2-A45C-487A-8708-A48084A259A6 (resized).jpeg
23667179-56A3-4154-9BF5-F4DD8A29318E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

69 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 21,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 434.
#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

GNR Standard LIVE NOW + Giveaways from JJP!!!
Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

Is this available on youtube?

#1653 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok just finished adding the Sound bar and Polk Audio sub to GnR LE. Simply Wow! Very easy install SB simply splices into the 3.5 jack on the left of head and the wire feeds straight out the top with the provided plastic plug in the top head and add 2 strips of velcro to secure. Sub, just the typical wire through vent and tap to base speaker in cabinet. For me....I'm a bit surprised I think the Sound bar added the best bang for $50. Sound simply pours over you loud and clear. Huge difference when you turn it off. I like the sub allot granted I have never been a thump the house base kind of player but still really sounds great. Overall a worthy upgrade for this title for sure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi thanks for this, that’s great.
When you say splice, I’m UK this usually infers join....are you joining a cable or simply connecting the 3.5mm Jack? Can you elaborate please as I thought this would be a simple connection.

Also for the connection using the sub - I have been using these for Sterns which is much cleaner and thought it would be better for JJP?
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit
Although since GnR is so new I’d check compatibility with them. Ive also used their pinMix for hooking up multiple pins to a single sub works great.

#1654 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hi thanks for this, that’s great.
When you say splice, I’m UK this usually infers join....are you joining a cable or simply connecting the 3.5mm Jack? Can you elaborate please as I thought this would be a simple connection.
Also for the connection using the sub - I have been using these for Sterns which is much cleaner and thought it would be better for JJP?
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/all-other-systems-subwoofer-kits/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit
Although since GnR is so new I’d check compatibility with them. Ive also used their pinMix for hooking up multiple pins to a single sub works great.

By splice I think they mean using the splitter they linked to join the soundbar and cabinet speakers to the 3.5mm jack on the motherboard in the headbox.

amazon.com link »

You could also use one of these:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Behringer-HA400-BEHRINGER-MICROAMP/dp/B000KIPT30

#1655 1 year ago
Quoted from Aliias:

By splice I think they mean using the splitter they linked to join the soundbar and cabinet speakers to the 3.5mm jack on the motherboard in the headbox.
amazon.com link »

Ah ok, so remove the existing cable from the motherboard Jack that feeds the speakers, insert the splitter then add the cable for the existing cabinet speaker + the sound bar to the splitter?

#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Ah ok, so remove the existing cable from the motherboard Jack that feeds the speakers, insert the splitter then add the cable for the existing cabinet speaker + the sound bar to the splitter?

Yep that's it, this will reduce your maximum volume as you are splitting the amplification from the motherboard into 2 parts. So you can use a 3.5mm amp like the one I linked to fix that if you need to. Interested to see how JJP is wiring the CE soundbars, be it through a splitter or its own amp.

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from Aliias:

Yep that's it, this will reduce your maximum volume as you are splitting the amplification from the motherboard into 2 parts. So you can use a 3.5mm amp like the one I linked to fix that if you need to. Interested to see how JJP is wiring the CE soundbars, be it through a splitter or its own amp.

Understood - cool, many thanks indeed sir

#1658 1 year ago

Played it last week and noticed that they put small metal washers under the small metal posts putside the sling area. I think that is different from POTC.

#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I’ll take December given I was expecting January or later (and I presume as a first day orderer that I’m ahead of you in the queue?)
And as a fellow Aussie, welcome to Pinside

thanks man!

#1660 1 year ago

Im sure this is more general pinball troubleshooting, because It happens across all manufacturers, but has anyone dealt with flipper hop on JJP games? Any tips on how to fix, etc? Sure its easy, just never had the issue fortunately.

Basically any time the ball rolls down to the left flipper it hops badly.

#1661 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Im sure this is more general pinball troubleshooting, because It happens across all manufacturers, but has anyone dealt with flipper hop on JJP games? Any tips on how to fix, etc? Sure its easy, just never had the issue fortunately.

Align the flipper rubber perfectly with the end of the return lane guide.

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from Aliias:

YInterested to see how JJP is wiring the CE soundbars, be it through a splitter or its own amp.

It is a direct molex type connection. I believe it is there on the LE models also, just not used.

Edit: maybe not. The molex was for power it looks like.

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 8.43.38 AM (resized).png
#1663 1 year ago
Quoted from Aliias:

amazon.com link »

I believe this has 1/4" jacks. You would need a bunch of 1/4" to 1/8" adapters to use this.

#1664 1 year ago

Thoughts?

B0A1755B-E2E8-4EE1-AE62-F2132BF4F80D (resized).jpeg
#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Where’s this from.......let me guess, not another perfectly plausible JJP prototype

#1666 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Where’s this from.......let me guess, not another perfectly plausible JJP prototype

Dunno was posted on fb. I'm enquiring though.

#1667 1 year ago
Quoted from Aliias:

Interested to see how JJP is wiring the CE soundbars, be it through a splitter or its own amp.

I'm sure I read or heard Eric say there is an extra amplifier on the CE .
If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me .

#1668 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

2 week old machine yesterday

#1669 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I was wondering how you would have got a machine so quick .
Obviously an early one and hopefully not one with the new super duper spectrum clear coat .

#1670 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Obviously an early one and hopefully not one with the new super duper spectrum clear coat .

I haven't quite pulled the trigger yet. I'm 99.9.% there.....

#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Me too , hopefully I can go on play it on Friday

#1672 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

iirc, in one of his pre #500 podcasts, which have since been taken down, kaneda mentioned that JJP already had some number of GNRs in boxes at the NJ facility, predating their move to IL. if true, your assessment has merit.
didnt chris from kingpin post his playfield was signed "slash 2019" ?

No, there were never any games built in NJ (that I'm aware of). Also, my signed instruction card is dated 2019. I don't have a playfield.

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

No, there were never any games built in NJ (that I'm aware of). Also, my signed instruction card is dated 2019. I don't have a playfield.

Chris knows if no one wants to accept my facts.

#1674 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry about that. I do tech support for JJP. And try to help where I can. Right now with no game and only a partial manual. There are things I can't do or check. And by posting that people know I'm limited right now as far as posting, email, PM's, even stopping in my business.
And hopefully the person I'm trying to help. If they need more help then they have to turn to JJP for help.
LTG : )

Respect!!! Thanks for the helping hand for everyone here.

#1675 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

I already have pulled the trigger, and a bunch of us in the UK have also.
CE , LE buyers so you can see our concern.
Especially when some of us including myself have been burned before and thought this was history.

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Can you post a link to the FB discussion?

#1677 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Quoted from Shmilder:

Quoted from Shmilder:

Then why bring it to owner thread if you have no idea?
If it’s not your game stir the pot elsewhere.

#1678 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Then why bring this to the owner thread?

Whether it's his game or not , it concerns everyone who is considering buying one .
It's not stirring the pot , it's sharing information .

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Whether it's his game or not it concerns everyone who is considering buying one .
It's not stirring the pot it's sharing information .

We have 50 GNR threads on Pinside to speculate and share if you are considering the game.
This is an owner thread

#1680 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Thoughts?
[quoted image]

That looks really bad. Of course all the damage pics start circulating after I purchased an SE. I had some pooling with POTC but nothing came if it. This is just awful and if that was my game, I’d be pissed.

#1681 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

My thoughts are why bring it to owner thread if you have no idea?

I appreciate any news, good or bad. Pretty sure all owners would like to know if playfields are chipping.

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

We have 50 GNR threads on Pinside to speculate
This is an owner thread

The chipping isn't speculation , it looks real to me .
Hopefully it's not one of the ones with the new clear coat formula but there's no point putting your head in the sand about it .

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Align the flipper rubber perfectly with the end of the return lane guide.

Easy fix , smooth now, thanks.

#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The chipping isn't speculation , it looks real to me .
Hopefully it's not one of the ones with the new clear coat formula but there's no point putting your head in the sand about it .

It’s quite simple.
A prototype photo vs production game from an owner is a big deal.
Let’s get the facts and not spam this thread

#1685 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Whether it's his game or not , it concerns everyone who is considering buying one .
It's not stirring the pot , it's sharing information .

Thank you. Exactly, trying to find out as much as I can before I spend. Not sure what the problem is?

#1686 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

It’s quite simple.

This is from an owners production game. 2 weeks old yesterday.

#1687 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

It’s quite simple.

Shmilder said he saw it on Facebook .
How do you know if it's a prototype or a production game , if you have the facts please let us know .

#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

On other games, I’ve loosened the ball guides and used a metal ruler/straight edge to get both flipper and guide aligned to remedy ball hop.

#1689 1 year ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

This is from an owners production game. 2 weeks old yesterday.

Thanks and appreciate the clarity on who posted the pf photo. Prototype images were going around as well. Just want facts like everyone else.

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The new Mirco clear is not called “spectrum clear coat.” He was demoing it on a playfield for a game called “Spectrum.”
Pass it on.

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The new Mirco clear is not called “spectrum clear coat.” He was demoing it on a playfield for a game called “Spectrum.”
Pass it on.

Lol , I know but it's only name we've got to call them now , since micro hasn't given us one .

#1692 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Using a splitter, doesnt that change the impedance?
Wouldnt that be potentially harmfull to the soundcard/device on the game?

No. Line outputs like that are already high impedance... this isn’t the amplified speaker outputs

#1693 1 year ago

I was messing around with the 3.5mm jack on my machine and unplugged it from the board not realizing there were Three 3.5mm ports. Now I'm not sure where to plug it back in. Can someone verify for me? Pink, blue, or green port? I dont want to hurt anything. Thanks!

#1694 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

I was messing around with the 3.5mm jack on my machine and unplugged it from the board not realizing there were Three 3.5mm ports. Now I'm not sure where to plug it back in. Can someone verify for me? Pink, blue, or green port? I dont want to hurt anything. Thanks!

Green like a PC

#1695 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks!

#1696 1 year ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Lol..... top tip, photography

#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

For now I'll go back to the other JJP game threads and stay out of the G&R threads.

thats a joke right?! totally disagree with this. Even without a game on hand I think his comments and help are welcome in any thread. Dont leave us LTG !

#1698 1 year ago

Is the back stage a magnet?

#1699 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Is the back stage a magnet?

I don’t believe so. Appears to be screwed down. Unless you mean something else ?

DDE37C01-8BF1-4ADA-864F-CCD4427F9074 (resized).jpeg
#1700 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I don’t believe so. Appears to be screwed down. Unless you mean something else ?
[quoted image]

I mean the shot behind the bumpers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Lighting - Interactive
Cheap Drainz Shop
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 60.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 21,696 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 434.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!