IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 569.
#1601 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Can someone remind me about the "chatty frank" issue and what the fix is?

Chatty frank lol.
Reminds me of an uncle I donā€™t really want over for Thanksgiving.

#1602 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Prototype game. Period.

Are serial numbers assigned to prototypes?

#1603 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Are serial numbers assigned to prototypes?

Absolutely.

#1604 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Can someone remind me about the "chatty frank" issue and what the fix is? I'm having a similar issue where drum hits just go crazy until I start a song mode.

Got it solved. The leaf switch just to the left of the FOG insert on the upper playfield was basically closed. Any tiny vibration would set it off. I wasted tons of time investigating the pops and their switches due to the drum sound. Who knew the upper playfield had a switch that also makes a drum sound. I also realized my diverter for the right wire form had come unplugged due to tension from zip ties.

#1605 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Sounds like a bunch of GnRs have been built and sitting around for maybe a year.

iirc, in one of his pre #500 podcasts, which have since been taken down, kaneda mentioned that JJP already had some number of GNRs in boxes at the NJ facility, predating their move to IL. if true, your assessment has merit.

didnt chris from kingpin post his playfield was signed "slash 2019" ?

#1606 3 years ago

Played an le today. Once in song mode I had no desire for score, just to stay in song mode. When given the option to cash out I couldn't bring myself to not continue in song mode. Lots of fun, but my scores suffered accordingly.

Slight amount of pooling on posts but you had to look for it.

#1607 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

iirc, in one of his pre #500 podcasts, which have since been taken down, kaneda mentioned that JJP already had some number of GNRs in boxes at the NJ facility, predating their move to IL. if true, your assessment has merit.

Quoted from greenhornet:

Incorrect. He might have said that but no.

#1608 3 years ago

the GnR Pinball Scoring Card Was Signed 2019 from slash . Just go look at the picture yourself

#1609 3 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

the GnR Pinball Scoring Card Was Signed 2019 from slash . Just go look at the picture yourself

Well okay then.

#1610 3 years ago

LE ordered in Australia. $1500 deposit paid to distributer. $15490 in Australia plus shipping costs (from Melbourne to Hobart) I'll let you know how it goes once I get it. First pinball! Hello Pinside!
Cheers
Voigtstr

#1611 3 years ago
Quoted from voigtstr:

First pinball! Hello Pinside!

Hello Back !

And welcome my friend !

LTG : )

#1612 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

What happens when you are in a song MB and the song ends? During MB you have no chance to collect the song jackpot.

If you are at the end of the song, you will be able to get the song jackpot no matter how many balls are in play.

#1613 3 years ago

Showed up sooner than anticipated. Allllllll the RGB goodness.

#1614 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

9E1891D4-B754-4931-91AA-535F38A29467 (resized).jpeg9E1891D4-B754-4931-91AA-535F38A29467 (resized).jpeg
#1615 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

First SE posted here I think?

#1616 3 years ago

Looks like they arenā€™t taking any chances with slings haha.

F45EFE41-2617-4768-9C14-4A1FC206756E (resized).jpegF45EFE41-2617-4768-9C14-4A1FC206756E (resized).jpeg
#1617 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

[quoted image]

Donā€™t fix the problem.... cover it up! BRILLIANT!

#1618 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Donā€™t fix the problem.... cover it up! BRILLIANT!

Adding these could absolutely resolve the problem. Itā€™s a welcome addition to me.

#1619 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

[quoted image]

What kind of washer is that, is it carbon or a flexible vinyl/silicone/rubber - it appears to have some flex?

Also, not to be picky but I wonder if a clear one would be less noticeable

#1620 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

[quoted image]

..and are the sling the only places the washers are present, I wonder on the new LE's if the upper playfield will have them also

#1621 3 years ago

Did these help Wonka/JJPOTC with cylinder posts?
I remember Spooky sending me a handful when they had a run of issues to put under star posts.

#1622 3 years ago

Ok just finished adding the Sound bar and Polk Audio sub to GnR LE. Simply Wow! Very easy install SB simply splices into the 3.5 jack on the left of head and the wire feeds straight out the top with the provided plastic plug in the top head and add 2 strips of velcro to secure. Sub, just the typical wire through vent and tap to base speaker in cabinet. For me....I'm a bit surprised I think the Sound bar added the best bang for $50. Sound simply pours over you loud and clear. Huge difference when you turn it off. I like the sub allot granted I have never been a thump the house base kind of player but still really sounds great. Overall a worthy upgrade for this title for sure.

IMG_5948 (resized).jpgIMG_5948 (resized).jpgIMG_5960 (resized).jpgIMG_5960 (resized).jpg
#1623 3 years ago

...you and your family will have an amazing weekend huh ...

cheers, enjoy!

#1624 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What kind of washer is that, is it carbon or a flexible vinyl/silicone/rubber - it appears to have some flex?
Also, not to be picky but I wonder if a clear one would be less noticeable

Definitely has some flex , which I see as a good thing. Agree on clear , but not complaining.

#1625 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

..and are the sling the only places the washers are present, I wonder on the new LE's if the upper playfield will have them also

You are correct in your assumption , slings only.

Also, everyone keeps saying the game comes alive during song mode. In the bar I played at the sound was super low, and it was in a SUPER bright room in full daylight.

Playing loud in my dark arcade, hollllllllly shit. I get it now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1626 3 years ago
Quoted from voigtstr:

LE ordered in Australia. $1500 deposit paid to distributer. $15490 in Australia plus shipping costs (from Melbourne to Hobart) I'll let you know how it goes once I get it. First pinball! Hello Pinside!
Cheers
Voigtstr

Also the distributor has said it wont be until December perhaps even January till I get the machine into my garage.

#1627 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You are correct in your assumption , slings only.
Also, everyone keeps saying the game comes alive during song mode. In the bar I played at the sound was super low, and it was in a SUPER bright room in full daylight.
Playing loud in my dark arcade, hollllllllly shit. I get it now.

That's great to hear...Enjoy it, I am avoiding all streaming content and rule discussion stuff. How does the overall playfield clear look to you, is it thinned out like the newer Sterns or still thicker...

#1628 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok just finished adding the Sound bar and Polk Audio sub to GnR LE. Simply Wow! Very easy install SB simply splices into the 3.5 jack on the left of head and the wire feeds straight out the top with the provided plastic plug in the top head and add 2 strips of velcro to secure. Sub, just the typical wire through vent and tap to base speaker in cabinet. For me....I'm a bit surprised I think the Sound bar added the best bang for $50. Sound simply pours over you loud and clear. Huge difference when you turn it off. I like the sub allot granted I have never been a thump the house base kind of player but still really sounds great. Overall a worthy upgrade for this title for sure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Are there any sound settings in JJP pins where you can tweak the speakers, such as equalizer settings, crossover frequencies etc?

#1629 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All I care about YB is that your hyped about the this machine ! I can sleep easy now Iā€™m not one to put a magnifying glass on I just want fun games !! Speaking of Family Guy is Awsome big thumbs up to PL on this one !!! It has the whole package 4 Sho!!!!!The crew is playing FG more than WOZRR n IMDNprem and were awaiting GnR whenever it comes Iā€™m not in tgat crew when itā€™s ready itā€™s ready!!!Peace to all donā€™t be upset get happy that you have monthly opportunities!!!!

#1630 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That's awesome to hear...Enjoy it, I am avoiding all streaming content and rule discussion stuff. How does the overall playfield clear look to you, is it thinned out like the newer Sterns or still thicker...

You are all the wiser having the willpower to not watch streams.

The clear looks like glass compared to my Elvira, my JP pro actually has a fantastic play field, but this one is even smoother. No issues to report.

#1631 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You are all the wiser having the willpower to not watch streams.
The clear looks like glass compared to my Elvira, my JP pro actually has a fantastic play field, but this one is even smoother. No issues to report.

Thanks so much for the feedback!!!

#1632 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Are there any sound settings in JJP pins where you can tweak the speakers, such as equalizer settings, crossover frequencies etc?

I don't have a Guns & Roses to check. In other JJP games, there are audio settings in System Settings.

#1633 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't have a Guns & Roses to check. In other JJP games, there are audio settings in System Settings.

Not that Iā€™m counting, but this might be the 30th time that Lloyd has casually dropped into Pinside conversation that he doesnā€™t have a GNR yet

I hope you are listening JJP - itā€™s a cry for help from our most generous pinsider

#1634 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Awesome! Are there any sound settings in JJP pins where you can tweak the speakers, such as equalizer settings, crossover frequencies etc?

Have to admit while I know there are adjustments in there I'm not a sound technical guy. If its clear and loud I am good lol. The only adjustment I made was to dial down the Polk sub. Sounded like one of those thumping cars driving down the street so I had to dial that back a bit. Full concert experience now though loving it.

#1635 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This might be the title where the after market soundbar takes over to provide the best sound. The CE has shown us the way

Did you try attaching the soundbar via Bluetooth or is delay still an issue?

#1636 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Not that Iā€™m counting, but this might be the 30th time that Lloyd has casually dropped into Pinside conversation that he doesnā€™t have a GNR yet

Sorry about that. I do tech support for JJP. And try to help where I can. Right now with no game and only a partial manual. There are things I can't do or check. And by posting that people know I'm limited right now as far as posting, email, PM's, even stopping in my business.

And hopefully the person I'm trying to help. If they need more help then they have to turn to JJP for help.

#1637 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

This might be the title where the after market soundbar takes over to provide the best sound. The CE has shown us the way
Did you try attaching the soundbar via Bluetooth or is delay still an issue?

Didn't bother even trying. The JJP version is hard wired and the wire is already there to simply plug it in. With the primary speaker only 6 inches below I am certain Any delay would sound horrible so didn't bother.

#1638 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

I hope you are listening JJP - itā€™s a cry for help from our most generous pinsider

If by casually you mean ā€œwith all the subtlety of a speeding trainā€ I agree.

#1639 3 years ago
Quoted from voigtstr:

Also the distributor has said it wont be until December perhaps even January till I get the machine into my garage.

Iā€™ll take December given I was expecting January or later (and I presume as a first day orderer that Iā€™m ahead of you in the queue?)

And as a fellow Aussie, welcome to Pinside

#1640 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry about that. I do tech support for JJP. And try to help where I can. Right now with no game and only a partial manual. There are things I can't do or check. And by posting that people know I'm limited right now as far as posting, email, PM's, even stopping in my business.
And hopefully the person I'm trying to help. If they need more help then they have to turn to JJP for help.

Machine or not, you are still doing a brilliant job!

#1641 3 years ago

If by casually you mean ā€œwith all the subtlety of a speeding trainā€ I agree.

You are most observant.

And get that man a game!

#1642 3 years ago

Sorry. Didn't mean to, and I won't in the future. It's tiring getting calls and other contacts, and there are things I can't take pictures of or check.

Quoted from Chambo:

Machine or not, you are still doing a brilliant job!

Thank you. For now I'll go back to the other JJP game threads and stay out of the G&R threads.

#1643 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

You are most observant.
And get that man a game!

Lloyd and I go way back. We usually donā€™t catch the ball before it clears the fence, but we still go back.

#1644 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Model # please

#1645 3 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Was just the magnetic apron card

#1646 3 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I hope that is true. I was told I was the first direct buyer to purchase one. I called exactly when they opened and ordered direct on the phone. I even told them about how their website wasnā€™t allowing purchasing only showed reserve now but you couldnā€™t click it.

Same here and I called to let them know as well. What timestamp is on your confirmation email? I think mine came in around 1:15 pm ET.

#1647 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you need a 3.5mm splitter or is there an extra dedicated 3.5mm jack in the head for the soundbar?

#1648 3 years ago
Quoted from Aliias:

Did you need a 3.5mm splitter or is there an extra dedicated 3.5mm jack in the head for the soundbar?

Using a splitter, doesnt that change the impedance?
Wouldnt that be potentially harmfull to the soundcard/device on the game?

#1649 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Using a splitter, doesnt that change the impedance?
Wouldnt that be potentially harmfull to the soundcard/device on the game?

I thought the same but somone posted about using a splitter last week so I was curious.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/20#post-5908805

#1650 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have to admit while I know there are adjustments in there I'm not a sound technical guy. If its clear and loud I am good lol. The only adjustment I made was to dial down the Polk sub. Sounded like one of those thumping cars driving down the street so I had to dial that back a bit. Full concert experience now though loving it.

Thank you much

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/33?hl=player-one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.