IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 568.
#16901 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Good to know .
Let's Get Ready To Rumble !

I eat cavemen for breakfast , you're gonna wish it was the Stone Age
Now I just need my game to rock up

Youā€™re gonna get chewed up like a Vegemite Sandwich Mate!

CC72EBFA-C5D2-42D4-B514-D9E5F7C5C69D.gifCC72EBFA-C5D2-42D4-B514-D9E5F7C5C69D.gif
#16902 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Youā€™re gonna get chewed up like a Vegemite Sandwich Mate!
[quoted image]

I could go one of those .

#16903 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This moment from the JJP expo stream cracked me up. Keith's look while Steve is doing his Black Knight voice is priceless.
[quoted image]

That watch looks like Steve lifted it from Capt. Nemo's quarters on the Nautilus.

#16904 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Hahahaha. That's great! Sweaty palms!
I missed a 42m jackpot ok Rain earlier tonight. Ugh.

how do you do it? i can't break 20 million, and never even sniffed a 10mil point song jackpot. what \am i doing wrong and/oor missing here?

maybe i'm just that bad at pinball, LOL. if that's the case, then I graciously accept the reality and temper my expectations based on this fact. no wizard modes for me I guess

#16905 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I could jump into the trash talk bandwagon but Iā€™m going to embarrass myself when I can barely make it to 2M

On another note, has anyone noticed while playing ā€œItā€™s so easyā€ that the last line of text on the playfield screen is partially covered by the playfield back border? Only noticed this happening on this song. Wondering if it is just my screen being misaligned or maybe something that needs to be worked on by JJP.

#16906 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

What are our thoughts, the consensus, on full playfield protectors?
Are they helping with the pooling and chipping issues? Does a playfield protector make things better?
Or will the pooling still happen?

never put a prophelactic on your game. It's too much work and effort, and takes away from the fun

#16907 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Iā€™m sure glad I missed this scorbit challenge [quoted image]

how in God's green earth did he reach 259 million points? I mean come ON! I'm about to start a thread here on who among us believes that Karl is not a human, but an alien sent to our planet to ensure that we humans are inferior in every way. no way that score is achieved by a bona fide human. no way

#16908 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Hopefully theyā€™ll add the Friends/Followers tab with high scores for a specific pin. I just want to see Rolls-Royce highest GNR score below mine, where it belongs

ā€¦ hahahahaha
I was MIA the whole day and the 1st thing that I read is this one Chakaā€¦ ā˜ļø

ā€¦ I also got today the nut in Home Depot for the long post, so Iā€™ll be connected in about 20 minutes and you will see whoā€™s the Boss here boi

#16909 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

ā€¦ and after Chaka, Screamā€¦

1215F695-5116-4B93-A98D-680BD6AE565F (resized).jpeg1215F695-5116-4B93-A98D-680BD6AE565F (resized).jpeg

#16910 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Following you guys and will be ready to rumble for a Vegemite sanga when I get home from work next week
Game is so good and some friendly rivalry will make it even better.
Im Ando RPA if anyone wants to add.

#16911 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Following you guys and will be ready to rumble for a Vegemite sanga when I get home from work next week

I just added you mate

#16912 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

how do you do it? i can't break 20 million, and never even sniffed a 10mil point song jackpot. what \am i doing wrong and/oor missing here?
maybe i'm just that bad at pinball, LOL. if that's the case, then I graciously accept the reality and temper my expectations based on this fact. no wizard modes for me I guess

Pay more attention to the badges. Lock more balls (6 if possible) before starting the song. Ideally you want a few badges and 6 balls to head into the song.

#16913 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

how in God's green earth did he reach 259 million points? I mean come ON! I'm about to start a thread here on who among us believes that Karl is not a human, but an alien sent to our planet to ensure that we humans are inferior in every way. no way that score is achieved by a bona fide human. no way

Iā€™m just now starting to get scores in the 20-30 million range. For me, yes itā€™s about the patches, but I seem to get more of those and better song values when I successfully stack the pre-song multiballs. And always lock all 6 to start a song if you can.

And for goodnessā€™ sake, cash out when youā€™re nervous!! I watched too much Karl and came into this thing with a real jagoff cowboy ā€œlay it on the lineā€ mentality. Karl is a bad influence and someone should start a media blitz, a series of PSAs letting people know about the Dangers of DeAngelo. Thatā€™s the title of the after school special.

#16914 2 years ago

Also, we should rank songs from easiest to hardest. November Rain is my biggest jackpot, so I know thatā€™s the easiest. How I love when my stage screen says Hit Everything!

Then this evening I played Welcome to the Jungle, and had one ball left with three shots to finish the mode. Hit a ramp. Hit an orbit. Hit the inner loop? Crap! Drained after three bricks.

#16915 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Also, we should rank songs from easiest to hardest. November Rain is my biggest jackpot, so I know thatā€™s the easiest. How I love when my stage screen says Hit Everything!

I chained a bunch of encores on Chinese Democracy songs and had an amazing score. Once.

While I'm talking about the songs - Civil War bugs me because the light show seems very literal, at one point even having solid red and solid blue hotrails opposite each other. The song isn't literally about OUR civil war, but war in general. All human war is civil war is the viewpoint. It'd make a lot more sense to line up participant flag colors for specific wars scrolling on opposing hot rails throughout the song to represent various conflicts worldwide. You could even have the lights wash across the playfield from one side to the other to "take out" lights on each side. By representing wars worldwide over the last century or so, it'd be a lot better fit for the song. IMO.

And the only dog of a song for pinball play is Patience. Went to the trouble of unlocking it, then pretty quickly realized it SUCKED for pinball. Much rather have Knockin' on Heaven's Door.

#16916 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Great to see , should be fun .
I'm realising it's going to be tricky to remember who everyone is , when people have different names and avatars , but we'll get there .
Good to have someone in the same time zone

#16917 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

ā€¦ and after Chaka, Screamā€¦
[quoted image]

IMG_20211030_181053 (resized).jpgIMG_20211030_181053 (resized).jpg
#16918 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Best tonightā€¦ just warming

869A7439-AF58-4D5D-84B3-8A6ED04528F3 (resized).jpeg869A7439-AF58-4D5D-84B3-8A6ED04528F3 (resized).jpeg

#16919 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Best tonightā€¦ just warming
[quoted image]

Well once we take off 40% for a 5 ball game , looks like we could battle it out for E division championship

#16920 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well once we take off 40% for a 5 ball game , looks like we could battle it out for E division championship

927BAE3D-9655-49AD-B6E9-636FFB925264.gif927BAE3D-9655-49AD-B6E9-636FFB925264.gif
#16921 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Hey hey hey
Its 3 balls only

Haha

#16922 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hey hey hey
Its 3 balls only

Haha

For competition sure .
If someone wants to play 5 ball games , I have no problem with that . It's just fun to stir a bit

#16923 2 years ago

LMAO

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#16924 2 years ago

I don't mind saying that I'll have to wait for someone to explain this one to me.

Edit. It's early. I GOT IT! LOL

#16925 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I don't mind paying that I'll have to wait for someone to explain this one to me.

Front Slash, back slash

#16926 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I don't mind saying that I'll have to wait for someone to explain this one to me.

If you are referring to my post above, forward slash - back slash.

#16927 2 years ago

Joining the club today - picking up my GNR LE in an hour from GAP. Gonna be a great day!

#16928 2 years ago

Thanks guys! I'm proud to say I got it on my own before seeing your posts. Took way too long and robbed me of the enjoyment that was experienced by DeathHimself

#16929 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Joining the club today - picking up my GNR LE in an hour from GAP. Gonna be a great day!

Congrats!! You're gonna love it. Out ta get me, with 6 balls locked is just incredible

#16930 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Did you let your Halloween go ?

#16931 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Did you let your Halloween go ?

Decided not to just yet - it Will be arriving next week and Iā€™m going to give it a shot. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have no problem selling it if it isnā€™t for me. Theme is 100% up my alley but I have some concerns on gameplay, which is more important (IMO).

#16932 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Decided not to just yet - it Will be arriving next week and Iā€™m going to give it a shot. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have no problem selling it if it isnā€™t for me. Theme is 100% up my alley but I have some concerns on gameplay, which is more important (IMO).

Best of luck what ever you decide . There have been a few mixed reviews about it .
It sounds like they've been limited by the assets they can get .

#16933 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

... Grabbing my popcorn. Love these kind of posts.. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

#16934 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Yeah it wonā€™t let me accept the challenge either unfortunately. I wonder if there is a bug in the last update and if it is tied to sending challenges to multiple people.
When they work, you have 6 days to beat the score, and a gold medal appears on the score if/after it is beat.
I actually like the challenges more than the achievements, so I hope it gets sorted soon.
You can see that I was challenged to beat a 5m score, and bested it with a 20m score and got the gold medal. Then the score I challenged back was not beat in time (no medal)
[quoted image]

Blu I am actually in Midlothian va as well

#16935 2 years ago

Nothing like unboxing your brand new game and seeing that they forgot to pack the leg levelers and utility tool. Great CS so far as they are helping me out on a Saturday - Headed up to JJ to pick up the accessories now.

#16936 2 years ago

ā€¦ two days in a row, I just woke up and found this ā€¦ Iā€™ll be damned man

D8295D49-F894-452D-8F1D-3D01A8BDA198 (resized).jpegD8295D49-F894-452D-8F1D-3D01A8BDA198 (resized).jpegFADA382E-A344-4A7F-A990-0D6ABC1D8388 (resized).pngFADA382E-A344-4A7F-A990-0D6ABC1D8388 (resized).png

ā€¦Iā€™ll have to pass this one SilkySox, that interview will take me 6 days to read

#16937 2 years ago

I went with a key chain and painted it chrome. I think it's a nice fit.

20211030_105923 (resized).jpg20211030_105923 (resized).jpg
#16938 2 years ago

So I took the ramp off and adjusted it.

Now this comes up. It's not really effecting anything. But I think I out it back together correctly. It's the same as the left ramp.

Is this accurate or do I need to fix it and how?

Thanks everyone.

20211030_133604 (resized).jpg20211030_133604 (resized).jpg20211030_133614 (resized).jpg20211030_133614 (resized).jpg
#16939 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

do I need to fix it and how?

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - roll a ball though, does it register on the screen ? No, adjust it. Or the black plastic cap on the switch might be holding the switch arm down the gate triggers. Remove it, if that doesn't do it, the arm needs to be bent near where the gate lifts it so it triggers.

LTG : )

#16940 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - roll a ball though, does it register on the screen ? No, adjust it. Or the black plastic cap on the switch might be holding the switch arm down the gate triggers. Remove it, if that doesn't do it, the arm needs to be bent near where the gate lifts it so it triggers.

Thanks for the quick response. Bent it up a little, moved the black hood up s bit as well. Send to be registering and working. There is no error now.

#16941 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I went with a key chain and painted it chrome. I think it's a nice fit.
[quoted image]

I really like that! Where do you get it? Link?

#16942 2 years ago

Nate at JJ is a great guy! Helped out a ton and went above and beyond.

BBB6F30A-8D49-4290-8C39-7AE107F7D0A6 (resized).jpegBBB6F30A-8D49-4290-8C39-7AE107F7D0A6 (resized).jpeg
#16943 2 years ago

Does anyone have the art of pinball bullet shooter rod. I just got mine and it has a lot of wiggle or play in it. The stock one didn't have any. It sucks because when trying to hit the skill shot it's sloppy.... is there another sleeve I can get for this shooter rod?

IMG_0270 (resized).jpgIMG_0270 (resized).jpg
#16944 2 years ago

What did the supplier say?

#16945 2 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

is there another sleeve I can get for this shooter rod?

Is there one in there ?

https://www.pinballlife.com/ball-shooter-sleeve.html

LTG: )

#16946 2 years ago

I emailed Dave at Little Shop of Games and never heard back over a week ago....

#16947 2 years ago

How long did it take for them to take your money?

#16948 2 years ago

My bottom right flipper is all of a sudden not going all the way back to resting position after giving it a clean the other day. I can push it back with the glass off, but the problem returns after first flip. I haven't had a chance to open up the plqyfield yet, but I suspect it's a loose spring. Anything I should know?

#16949 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Anything I should know?

Loose coil stop. Or broken spring.

#16950 2 years ago
Quoted from wolfievtec:

Does anyone have the art of pinball bullet shooter rod. I just got mine and it has a lot of wiggle or play in it. The stock one didn't have any. It sucks because when trying to hit the skill shot it's sloppy.... is there another sleeve I can get for this shooter rod?
[quoted image]

Use the sleeve from the original shooter. You have to use everything from the original shooter except I did get a spring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/339?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.