image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 568.
#16851 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Aaaaand I just sent a few of you a challenge! It won’t be a challenge for you of course, but I finally broke 30 million and saw the VS button in Scorbit for the first time, so I had to! I mean, I cashed out a 25 million point November Rain jackpot with sweaty palms. No scoop shot has ever meant so much to me.

Hahahaha. That's great! Sweaty palms!

I missed a 42m jackpot ok Rain earlier tonight. Ugh.

#16852 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Aaaaand I just sent a few of you a challenge! It won’t be a challenge for you of course, but I finally broke 30 million and saw the VS button in Scorbit for the first time, so I had to! I mean, I cashed out a 25 million point November Rain jackpot with sweaty palms. No scoop shot has ever meant so much to me.

Does the challenge have to be on an LE / Same model? I own the SE variety.

#16853 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Lol… well, for what is worth, I drained a 40 something million jackpot with November rain trying to hit the last jackpot… it was my perfect game till this.. so much cruelty with this machine. Got your challenge.. hopefully at some point I can get back to some reasonable score!

#16854 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Does the challenge have to be on an LE / Same model? I own the SE variety.

I don’t know actually. I am pretty sure I sent it to you. Collins, yes? This is my first time obviously, and I don’t see in the app where I can find out to whom I sent the challenges. I was still sweating when I sent them. Also there was some residual trembling going down

#16855 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Lol… well, for what is worth, I drained a 40 something million jackpot with November rain trying to hit the last jackpot… it was my perfect game till this.. so much cruelty with this machine. Got your challenge.. hopefully at some point I can get back to some reasonable score!

I’m not worried about you, you’ll get it back. But man, I lost a 22 mil jackpot once and it was Calgon time. That’s the kind of minor leagues I play in on this confounded game.

#16856 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I don’t know actually. I am pretty sure I sent it to you. Collins, yes? This is my first time obviously, and I don’t see in the app where I can find out to whom I sent the challenges. I was still sweating when I sent them. Also there was some residual trembling going down

Yep that's me! I definitely got it. I'll try it and see if it works.

Residual trembling hahahaha

#16857 2 years ago

What are our thoughts, the consensus, on full playfield protectors?

Are they helping with the pooling and chipping issues? Does a playfield protector make things better?

Or will the pooling still happen?

#16858 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Are they helping with the pooling and chipping issues? Does a playfield protector make things better?

Going from memory on this thread, Europeans love them and install them on a lot of their games, some people hate them because it raises the play surface slightly and ruins the intended design, and apparently putting them down on a not-fully-cured playfield can lead to unsightly “wet” spots since the clear can’t aspirate. I’m sure I’m forgetting things.

#16859 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Raw dog that shit and don’t worry about it.

#16860 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Baaaahahahaha. I haven't done that since college!

Probably money I could put towards pinwoofer someday.

#16861 2 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

I put my eBay $10 Slash guitar on the ramp.
Never enough guitar in my view.[quoted image]

isn’t the tip of that guitar neck obstructing the drumstick rail?

#16862 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Lmao

#16863 2 years ago

Don't waste your money on playfield protectors.

#16864 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

17g or 20g version?
Picture?

20g version mentionned on the package

#16865 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I had some fitted to new JJP games from factory. I took them off after a few months. Maybe just maybe for a routed machine but otherwise not worth the trouble. Doesn't apply to GNR but they're terrible when fitted to a PF with roll overs (WOZ, Hobbit, POTC)

#16866 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I got mine earlier this week and have been wondering where I'm going to put it.
How did you mount it there? I like this location. I am considering different spots.
Also, I'm a little underwhelmed with the product itself. Wanted more 3 dimensional in it. But it will do for what it is. A little nervous the neck might break if a ball hits it.

I just used a little piece of double sided carpet tape, seems secure.
No balls have hit it yet, it also seems pretty stout.
I wanted to get something guitar near the spinner since that is the Slash qualifier.
Bud

#16867 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Fixed, the spinner opto was bad. JJP expedited a new opto to me...
Ken Holland rocks.

Agreed. Ken Holland is gold.

#16868 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Challenge accepted. Lets see what i can do.

#16869 2 years ago

I'm probably late, very late, to this realization. And a vast majority of you may respond, who cares, but... Its a puzzle, So if you like puzzles...

The scores in the flyers all seem to be dates. Specifically, which was pretty obvious, I figured out the big P3 score of 1,231,988 is Eric's birthday January 23rd 1988, for example... Has anybody figured out the other ones.
Who's the Grand champion? May 15th 1972
P1 October 12th 1975
P2 November 12th 1977
P4 March 25th 1981

Screenshot_20211029-081238_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211029-081238_Chrome (resized).jpg

#16870 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm probably late, very late, to this realization. And a vast majority of you may respond, who cares, but... Its a puzzle, So if you like puzzles...
The default high scores in the flyers all seem to be dates. Specifically, which was pretty obvious, I figured out the big P3 score of 1,231,988 is Eric's birthday January 23rd 1988, for example... Has anybody figured out the other ones. Who's the default Grand champion? May 15th 1972
P1 October 12th 1975
P2 November 12th 1977
P4 March 25th 1981
[quoted image]

That is super cool! P1 is almost me (October 28 1975) LOL!

#16871 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That is super cool! P1 is almost me (October 28 1975) LOL!

Happy belated birthday!

#16872 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Happy belated birthday!

Thanks! My birthday gift to myself last year was GNR! Which coincidentally, I received just a couple weeks after my birthday so it was a super birthday really. And, granted the flood of orders this game got, it was a real birthday wish in hindsight. No new pins this year for my B-day, but the weird thing is, I am not that compelled to get any new pins (OK maybe one used one that I'm trying to get funds for), but GNR has been that good, and has kept me that entertained that I don't feel the need to get any of the other new ones that are out.

#16873 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I got your challenge! I hope scorbit gets an update to make challenges more intuitive / interactive. Like a notification when you beat someone's challenge and can send it back to them? And a second notification if you dont beat the challenge. Maybe that exists, but can't seem to find it. Also, how long is a challenge active after you accept it? So confusing. Looking forward to more Scorbit updates. It's gotten much better over the last year, just need more lol - PS you guys rock that are coding/supporting the scorbit and achievements stuff.

#16874 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got your challenge! I hope scorbit gets an update to make challenges more intuitive / interactive. Like a notification when you beat someone's challenge and can send it back to them? And a second notification if you dont beat the challenge. Maybe that exists, but can't seem to find it. Also, how long is a challenge active after you accept it? So confusing. Looking forward to more Scorbit updates. It's gotten much better over the last year, just need more lol - PS you guys rock that are coding/supporting the scorbit and achievements stuff.

I saw I was tagged for that too. but it doesn't show up in challenges or anywhere else so not sure how it works.

#16875 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yeah it won’t let me accept the challenge either unfortunately. I wonder if there is a bug in the last update and if it is tied to sending challenges to multiple people.

When they work, you have 6 days to beat the score, and a gold medal appears on the score if/after it is beat.

I actually like the challenges more than the achievements, so I hope it gets sorted soon.

You can see that I was challenged to beat a 5m score, and bested it with a 20m score and got the gold medal. Then the score I challenged back was not beat in time (no medal)

B3401504-5D0D-4A59-93D5-66DB4145EFF7 (resized).pngB3401504-5D0D-4A59-93D5-66DB4145EFF7 (resized).png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16876 2 years ago

I’m sure glad I missed this scorbit challenge

E2122AEC-1302-468E-BAFB-6745AA6FC4F9 (resized).jpegE2122AEC-1302-468E-BAFB-6745AA6FC4F9 (resized).jpeg
#16877 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looking forward to more Scorbit updates. It's gotten much better over the last year, just need more lol - PS you guys rock that are coding/supporting the scorbit and achievements stuff.

It would be great if you could send messages to people you are following and to people who follow you .

#16878 2 years ago

My game turns on, all lights and switches work, ready for play but ball won’t come out. no bumpers, no scoop, vuk, trough. I’d say anything with a coil won’t work. No ball search at any stage.
my pinwoofer too. together with all of the above turned off and no signs of a blue light. All happened at the same time…

What should I look for in the back box? I’m guessing/hoping it’s a fuse? Game isn’t alerting of any problem.
Thanks!

#16879 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

My game turns on, all lights and switches work, ready for play but ball won’t come out. no bumpers, no scoop, vuk, trough. I’d say anything with a coil won’t work. No ball search at any stage.
my pinwoofer too. together with all of the above turned off and no signs of a blue light. All happened at the same time…
What should I look for in the back box? I’m guessing/hoping it’s a fuse? Game isn’t alerting of any problem.
Thanks!

in my experience when all of something doesn't work it's a fuse. check the fuses and continuity.

#16880 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Yeah it won’t let me accept the challenge either unfortunately. I wonder if there is a bug in the last update and if it is tied to sending challenges to multiple people.
When they work, you have 6 days to beat the score, and a gold medal appears on the score if/after it is beat.
I actually like the challenges more than the achievements, so I hope it gets sorted soon.
You can see that I was challenged to beat a 5m score, and bested it with a 20m score and got the gold medal. Then the score I challenged back was not beat in time (no medal)
[quoted image]

Blu Fredericksburg here! You ever come up this way I've got a couple really cool places to play pins as well as IFPA tournaments (or not IFPA) that are with a bunch of great people. I don't get down to Richmond as much as I used to but I want to. Have you been to Scott Hudson's place? Super cool.

Glad to see fellow GNR owners so close. I seem to be on the bottom with a lowly SE though. bahahaha

#16881 2 years ago

All the scorbit stuff is being discussed very actively on the Scorbit Official thread here...
Lots of VERY lengthy discussions and dialogues from jsa. Some of your topics / questions are likely covered.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/9#post-6574566

#16882 2 years ago

Hopefully they’ll add the Friends/Followers tab with high scores for a specific pin. I just want to see Rolls-Royce highest GNR score below mine, where it belongs

#16883 2 years ago

I’m DADX on Scorbit. High scores slowly approaching 12m so I’m getting better.

I will say this….I would pay money if there was a callout when jackpots reach certain thresholds…1 million, 5 million etc. I don’t need Slash to call it out or anything, I’d be perfectly content if Chaka did the call outs

#16884 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m DADX on Scorbit. High scores slowly approaching 12m so I’m getting better.
I will say this….I would pay money if there was a callout when jackpots reach certain thresholds…1 million, 5 million etc. I don’t need Slash to call it out or anything, I’d be perfectly content if Chaka did the call outs

I, too, would REALLY LIKE to have jackpot thresholds called out for when it's too hectic to glance up. 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, etc. Maybe pinball_keefer can put it on his suggestions list for a future update.

#16885 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I, too, would REALLY LIKE to have jackpot thresholds called out for when it's too hectic to glance up. 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, etc. Maybe pinball_keefer can put it on his suggestions list for a future update.

I can’t tell you how many balls I’ve drained because I looked up at the screen only to see the damn skull burping at me. It could literally be just as impactful if not more of an update as letting us skip slash solo

#16886 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It would be great if you could send messages to people you are following and to people who follow you .

A thumbs up option would be cool as well, for players to acknowledge a good or bad score , haha

#16887 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I can’t tell you how many balls I’ve drained because I looked up at the screen only to see the damn skull burping at me

Risk vs Reward

Quoted from Mattyk:

I’d be perfectly content if Chaka did the call outs

+1 for Chaka call outs

#16888 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I can’t tell you how many balls I’ve drained because I looked up at the screen only to see the damn skull burping at me. It could literally be just as impactful if not more of an update as letting us skip slash solo

Or, even better, pinball_keefer could set up GnR with optional Apple homepod or Alexa integration.

"Alexa, what's the jackpot?"

#16889 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Risk vs Reward

Risk versus reward yada yada yada

#16890 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’d be perfectly content if Chaka did the call outs

80A038AF-C5A4-4FB1-8BA4-65EF66A20D5F (resized).jpeg80A038AF-C5A4-4FB1-8BA4-65EF66A20D5F (resized).jpeg
#16891 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Just started having this problem pretty much every game. Tonight at one point I had 3 balls stuck while the applause jackpot burnt out.
The gap between the ramp and drum sticks is too big. And the gate is too small. This is a really poor design to be honest. Like, it's really bad actually. There is no reason to not make a more accurate and better fitting ramp as well as a gate that is long enough and actually fits the spot.
I'm going to try a couple things tomorrow at some point. 1. Lengthen the gate so it gets to the vertical.part of the ramp and diverts the ball down the sticks.
2. Get the ramp closer as well as higher so it directs the ball down the sticks.
Not sure how this passed q.c. it's a super poorly made ramp design. Imagine the lines on a car. You don't want that much gap AND you want it to be even/straight. This is hideous and inexcusable. Hahaha.
I'll update after I mess with it.

I made a couple of small adjustments and I no longer have ball hang ups or rejects back through the gate.
I placed a small piece of rubber to fill the gap between plastic ramp and the drumstick.also bent the gate slightly back towards the ramp entry.
I love the innovation and theme integration of the drum stick ramp but the design execution is objectively shit. The plastic ramp should have continued over the sticks to a clean 180 turn around then drop onto the sticks (similar to the right ramp set up on stranger things. Just my observation.

#16892 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I made a couple of small adjustments and I no longer have ball hang ups or rejects back through the gate.
I placed a small piece of rubber to fill the gap between plastic ramp amd the drumstick.alao bent the gate slightly back towards the ramp entry.
I love the innovation and theme integration of the drum stick ramp but the design execution is objectively shit. The plastic ramp should have continued over the sticks to a clean 180 turn around then drop onto the sticks (similar to the right ramp set up on stranger things. Just my observation.

I agree with your assessment.

I tweaked it by loosening the top screw and bottom right screw. Angling it such as to dump onto the sticks and get it closer. Then tightening the screws. Seems to have worked well so far.

#16893 2 years ago

Installed cliffys at the scoop and drain hole.

Sooooo, my stock scoop protector was SCREWED ON from underneath! The only post I saw was just to push it down and pull up the back. Yeah right. I ended up mutilating the thing. Then looked and saw 2 screws.

Much easier once I removed the screws. Hahaha.

The out hole protector needs loosening of the ball trough. 2 screws at the end, then stick a flat head in there to pry it just enough and slide the cliffy in.

Curiosly neither of these have any or good instructions on cliffys site that I could find. The drain hole had one for a different game. The scoop doesn't have one at all.

#16894 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Quoted from PinMonk:

All.

Of.

This.

That damn skull. Ugh. Get OUT of the way!

Announcements would be great!

And again... Skip slash solo option. Please.

#16895 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

All.
Of.
This.

If Slash solo was fleshed out and had much higher scoring and maybe multiple endpoints (get high!, get drunk!, make out!, piss yourself, OD! - it's a grownup choose your own adventure all happening in the solo!) so there's some variety, it could be cool. As it is, it feels like a code stub.

#16896 2 years ago

#16897 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah I want to remind you and Rolls-Royce you’re getting owned by a caveman within Scorbit. Come on jsa add the S-talkin

#16898 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

All.
Of.
This.

As soon as I see slash solo lit I simply submit to the fact that I now must lock 6 balls to get the next song going. I know its required for no sympathy for the devil wm but it either needs to be lucrative scorewise or a skip option. In fact all the mini wizards to need a real boost up in scoring opportunities. They are simply not worth the time of day to complete.

#16899 2 years ago

This moment from the JJP expo stream cracked me up. Keith's look while Steve is doing his Black Knight voice is priceless.

Steve_ritchie_and_keith_johnson_2021_10_29 (resized).jpgSteve_ritchie_and_keith_johnson_2021_10_29 (resized).jpg
#16900 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m DADX on Scorbit.

Good to know .
Let's Get Ready To Rumble !

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah I want to remind you and Rolls-Royce you’re getting owned by a caveman within Scorbit. Come on jsa add the S-talkin

I eat cavemen for breakfast , you're gonna wish it was the Stone Age

Now I just need my game to rock up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 11,000.00
8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/338?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.