IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 562.
#16751 2 years ago

Also dropped a couple small washers to recess this light back. It really hits right in the eyes in the stock position. Now it hides right behind the black light guard 8F9A8769-2751-457C-B3F2-0E3811D903DC (resized).jpeg8F9A8769-2751-457C-B3F2-0E3811D903DC (resized).jpeg

64D669BE-255A-4CAF-9A35-B78E38CB39F5 (resized).jpeg64D669BE-255A-4CAF-9A35-B78E38CB39F5 (resized).jpeg

#16752 2 years ago

thechakapakuni I notice in picture 2 above (post 16750) you show examples of both types of post installed and both have washers under them. Is a washer still required under the heavier longer WMS style post (on the left in the photo)?

#16753 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

thechakapakuni I notice in picture 2 above (post 16750) you show examples of both types of post installed and both have washers under them. Is a washer still required under the heavier longer WMS still post (on the left in the photo)?

I went ahead and put it on. It probably isn’t needed because my PF has had extra time to cure. If I had a new PF I might leave it in as I’m seeing metal washer dig into to the uncured clear coat (see my apron pic). Maybe after a bit I’ll see about removing it. Definitely gonna be checking on a regular basis. Sucks this needs to be done at all but here we are

#16754 2 years ago

A question regarding the cliffys scoop, I installed mine but it didn't "clip" under the playfield properly no matter what I did. It was too tight and wouldn't go under properly. Has anyone else experienced this. Now as I play the game it seems that the balls hitting it are flattening out the bend/ folds in the metal (straightening it) causing the bottom of the cliff to protrude further into the hole. Hope this makes sense and can get some help.

#16755 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

A question regarding the cliffys scoop, I installed mine but it didn't "clip" under the playfield properly no matter what I did. It was too tight and wouldn't go under properly. Has anyone else experienced this. Now as I play the game it seems that the balls hitting it are flattening out the bend/ folds in the metal (straightening it) causing the bottom of the cliff to protrude further into the hole. Hope this makes sense and can get some help.

Its a very very tight fit, and meant to be that way. My one was a challenge to install, but you have to be patientwithit. Most important for the lower clip to male home. Don't forget to remove the old jjp scoop bit.

20210927_151952 (resized).jpg20210927_151952 (resized).jpg
#16756 2 years ago

So it seems there are a lot of pooling issues at the lower left outlane post. Does anyone have a CE edition that does not have any pooling in that location and can snap a few close up pictures? Also, if you put a rubber on the post, will this prevent the ball from causing damage since it will give some cushion and distance instead of a direct hit to the post?

#16757 2 years ago

Not sure this will be to most people’s liking but I could not resist myself. New decoration for shooter lane. Surprisingly it does not block barely any view of skill shot inserts from player’s position. We’ll see how long it stays there.

BD4B916D-3082-437C-90A1-D872AC5025C4 (resized).jpegBD4B916D-3082-437C-90A1-D872AC5025C4 (resized).jpeg8BC18FA7-0143-4560-B8C8-1670FA7AC494 (resized).jpeg8BC18FA7-0143-4560-B8C8-1670FA7AC494 (resized).jpegFF139A58-C153-4764-99D6-7D0254F60E8F (resized).jpegFF139A58-C153-4764-99D6-7D0254F60E8F (resized).jpegB707F8DE-9DF6-4A9F-9D0D-F2BC42F298E3 (resized).pngB707F8DE-9DF6-4A9F-9D0D-F2BC42F298E3 (resized).png
#16758 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Not sure this will be to most people’s liking but I could not resist myself. New decoration for shooter lane. Surprisingly it does not block barely any view of skill shot inserts from player’s position. We’ll see how long it stays there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think it looks great.

#16759 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Ok, so everything out of box was an awesome experience for me, this game is really amazing in every way so far.
Just noticed a weird issue yesterday however. Switches 99,102 and 107 are firing constantly as soon as game booted. I checked all the connectors at the 3 locations and they looked good but unplugged and replugged them in to be sure and still an issue. Checked usb connector on the board underneath towards back left. Unplugging power stops it, replugging it in they started up again after a few seconds. Traced the usb from that board to the backbox connector which looks seated properly.
Turned game off and on and went away. Any ideas? Hoping I don’t have a flakey board.
Video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dcmv1u2v83gsn3p/IMG_0009.MOV?dl=0[quoted image]

Soooooooooooooooo……. I had a very similar issue with my game as soon as I unboxed it. Took a few days to figure out. JJP tech support thought it was a loose connector, which I check all and reported back that it wasn’t. Next we determined it was the board under the playfield that has the keyboard proximity switches (even though my issue was all the proximity switches going crazy on their own). JJP tech support thought it was a ground issue.

Turns out my issue a missing solder point on the back of the board for the Ethernet port!

305D9B86-D9F7-4EA4-97E9-C93D40A2C1B7 (resized).jpeg305D9B86-D9F7-4EA4-97E9-C93D40A2C1B7 (resized).jpeg3AC25B25-148E-402D-8951-793F0BE97765 (resized).jpeg3AC25B25-148E-402D-8951-793F0BE97765 (resized).jpeg4F1AC87B-162C-45C5-BC66-41D4A180BA33 (resized).jpeg4F1AC87B-162C-45C5-BC66-41D4A180BA33 (resized).jpeg
#16760 2 years ago

Tilt graffix blades, pinwoofer tonight

20211026_122854 (resized).jpg20211026_122854 (resized).jpg20211026_122859 (resized).jpg20211026_122859 (resized).jpg20211026_122908 (resized).jpg20211026_122908 (resized).jpg20211026_122913 (resized).jpg20211026_122913 (resized).jpg20211026_123026 (resized).jpg20211026_123026 (resized).jpg
#16761 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I really like that man! He looks good there! I've been thinking of how to do something like that and I think you did a great job!

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Tilt graffix blades, pinwoofer tonight
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

been wondering how these would look. I really like them on your machine. Now I'm considering getting them and once the Pinstadium CE's (finally) get here I think these might look really good! Thanks for posting pics of them!

What are your thoughts on the pinwoofer?

#16762 2 years ago

Just an update on improving the JJP official topper marquee with animated lighting. Getting closer and should have something to show before long. Initial tests are really promising.

#16763 2 years ago

Nice! Getting close to installing this so will wait to see what you got

#16764 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just an update on improving the JJP official topper marquee with animated lighting. Getting closer and should have something to show before long. Initial tests are really promising.

MUST you force me to buy everything you make.

#16765 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

MUST you force me to buy everything you make.

Isn't that a lemming's raison d'etre?

#16766 2 years ago

Yes. To blindly go where everyone has gone before.

While I have you here, any updates on the need for active cooling on the diverter or the magnet?

#16767 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I really like that man! He looks good there! I've been thinking of how to do something like that and I think you did a great job!

been wondering how these would look. I really like them on your machine. Now I'm considering getting them and once the Pinstadium CE's (finally) get here I think these might look really good! Thanks for posting pics of them!

I've put them in 4 previously owned pins and just think it's the best mod you can do. And to be honest, the stock gnr audio is weak at best. GNR is pinwoofers #1 seller, so I can't even imagine how good this will sound. I know in Zepp, it picked up previously unheard sound effects, cant wait to hear it tonight!!

#16768 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Yes. To blindly go where everyone has gone before.
While I have you here, any updates on the need for active cooling on the diverter or the magnet?

Was waiting for parts on the diverter one (requires a different mount) to test out that just came in today, but other than checking those, I think the kit's almost done. Makes a big difference in temps.

Magnet cooling setup I *think* is done, but I want to give it some more time playtesting (I just need to make time to play and remind myself that it's also work). The hottest it's gotten with cooling is 128F. Most of the time cooled it's around 95-100F. I still think there's some kind of bug in the magnet code because it will (seemingly randomly) start heating up when nothing's happening and the ball's in the trough. I've seen it happen on many occasions.

#16769 2 years ago

Added to the line up today!

Opposite of Chuku plug and play!

34E5323D-9607-430A-A8B5-0C278D05E23B (resized).jpeg34E5323D-9607-430A-A8B5-0C278D05E23B (resized).jpeg
#16770 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Turns out my issue a missing solder point on the back of the board for the Ethernet port!

Wow. Amazing you found that. Did you solder it or did you have them send a replacement?

#16771 2 years ago

Any news on the official jjp pin blades with protectors? Anyone receive them yet? Were supposed b shipping in September I thought

#16772 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Pinwoofer on gnr is the best that I've put on any machine yet. There's so much bass lost in the stock setup. I can't believe still how great it sounds. Best mod you can make in my opinion .

#16773 2 years ago

Transformed my Deadpool too.

#16774 2 years ago

Can you get the artblades installed without lifting out the whole playfield?
What's the best method?

#16775 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What's the best method?

Wife!!! Best help. Pull field as tight as you can to one side, wrap the blade around field so you can move it. We've gotten pretty good at it
Also, wipe down walls with alcohol first

#16776 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Add two washers to each screw on the left side of the scoop as you’re looking at it with the playfield up. Fixed mine this way - center of the left flipper every time now.

Ok not completely understanding this? Anybody got a pic. Each screw on the left side of the scoop? There is a scoop with 2 screws. If your facing it from the flippers it’s 1 left screw, one right screw. 2 washers on the left side screw under the scoop (tilting the scoop to the right?) or 2 washers on both left & right screws (lifting the scoop)

#16777 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Wife!!! Best help. Pull field as tight as you can to one side, wrap the blade around field so you can move it. We've gotten pretty good at it Also, wipe down walls with alcohol first

Awesome!

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pinwoofer on gnr is the best that I've put on any machine yet. There's so much bass lost in the stock setup. I can't believe still how great it sounds. Best mod you can make in my opinion .

Oh yea - wait for that backbox to sink in.

Quoted from punkin:

Transformed my Deadpool too.

Bless you punkin - wishing we had some new drop bear photos!

#16778 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What's the best method?

Yes.

Wet method is the best method. Extremely forgiving. It's the only way I use now. I've probably done more than a dozen now with the playfield still installed and no assistance. 100% success. Not so, the dry method.

Here's a video that shows a wet method art blade install Pinball Supernova did a while ago. Note that the bottle you see is soapy water and not windex:

#16779 2 years ago

Ok, for SDTM, I just loosened the screws and shifted the scoop hood to the left and tightened back up. Shoots to the left flipper now every time. Ok, this puppy is pretty much ready. What a PITA to get 100%

B4762D56-BA20-4173-BA0A-CE0C38BF2D27 (resized).jpegB4762D56-BA20-4173-BA0A-CE0C38BF2D27 (resized).jpeg
#16780 2 years ago

This outer orbit is fun as hell once you get the guide rail perfect. I just flipped 4 in a row super fast

#16781 2 years ago

I must have a bit of a unicorn as I have had zero

Quoted from thechakapakuni:

This outer orbit is fun as hell once you get the guide rail perfect. I just flipped 4 in a row super fast

Do all games require guide rail adjustment? Mine seems fine, but then again maybe I just havent noticed.

#16782 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Do all games require guide rail adjustment? Mine seems fine, but then again maybe I just havent noticed.

Not all. Mine works perfectly.

#16783 2 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Wow. Amazing you found that. Did you solder it or did you have them send a replacement?

Thankfully I have a good friend who can do fine solder work so he fixed it in 5 mins. JJP had offered to send me a new board, or have me send mine in to be fixed, but this was the fastest solution.

#16784 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Any news on the official jjp pin blades with protectors? Anyone receive them yet? Were supposed b shipping in September I thought

Assuming your talking about the art blades? They were obviously quite delayed, I was told by joeraptor2003 a couple weeks ago they were finishing up the last batch of them and we should start seeing them appear around the beginning of November.

#16785 2 years ago

Did anyone order the pinstadium CE's from the last run?

And has anyone received them?

I ordered back in August when they were announced. He has backed up the shipping twice now, each time by a month. Last week he said it would be the end of October still.

Just wondering if anyone has received anything yet....

2 month delay (with no compensation) is not cool.

#16786 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Soooooooooooooooo……. I had a very similar issue with my game as soon as I unboxed it. Took a few days to figure out. JJP tech support thought it was a loose connector, which I check all and reported back that it wasn’t. Next we determined it was the board under the playfield that has the keyboard proximity switches (even though my issue was all the proximity switches going crazy on their own). JJP tech support thought it was a ground issue.
Turns out my issue a missing solder point on the back of the board for the Ethernet port![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing this

#16787 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

If you can shoot an outer orbit clockwise and counter clockwise without the ball hitting the slings then you are good to go. A clean shot in either direction should come back to the flipper. Both mine needs some tweaking. Now they’re perfect

#16788 2 years ago

If you can shoot an outer orbit clockwise and counter clockwise without the ball hitting the slings then you are good to go. A clean shot in either direction should come back to the flipper. Both mine needs some tweaking. Now they’re perfect

Mine were like this as well. It's smooth as better on clean shots and fast as any machine going around those big orbits. Great fun hitting them consecutively.

I am finding what I thought I might. As time goes on this game needs tweaking and attention A LOT. It's an HUO game, I've had it since July. I find I'm needing to tighten, tweak, and adjust things REPEATEDLY and far more often than my previous games (stern star trek and get away).

It's totally worth it bc it's so damn fun.

Sidenote I seem to have misplaced the mylar rings I ordered and one of my posts is looking pretty bad. Gonna have to reorder I think. That's one maintenance issue that I can't delay. It look like the clear/mylar/top layer is starting to bubble off. I've already put the PETG washers on it.

#16789 2 years ago

Dammit. I need to achieve this somehow. Mine still clips the sling coming out of the left side and I’ve tried loosening that nut with a screwdriver wedge, as well as pliers. Hmph.

#16790 2 years ago

Mine don’t hit the slings, but counter clockwise orbit is close to down the middle. I can always save it, it hits around 3/4 of the left flipper, but it’s an ugly chaos right after and I should surely try to reign that in a bit. Shooting multiple orbits does sound fun.

#16791 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Mine don’t hit the slings, but counter clockwise orbit is close to down the middle. I can always save it, it hits around 3/4 of the left flipper, but it’s an ugly chaos right after and I should surely try to reign that in a bit. Shooting multiple orbits does sound fun.

If there's anything I've learned after owning my first pin, it's that dialing in orbit guides is a PITA. I'll gladly install washers under every post if necessary, but adjusting guides by a hair one way or another to hit a sweet spot on a flipper drives me crazy.

700+ plays in and I'm still trying to get my DP's left orbit guide aligned correctly.

#16792 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Dammit. I need to achieve this somehow. Mine still clips the sling coming out of the left side and I’ve tried loosening that nut with a screwdriver wedge, as well as pliers. Hmph.

Here’s what I did. The left is a little stingy because you have those lights stopping you from moving the guide rail back. Loosen the front screw, the lights and the guide rail screw above this (you might need to remove the Fender Bass Wireform). Then arc/bow it in the middle of the guide (not just the exit) it as much as you can to the lights and tight the lights up first, then tighten the upper then lower. Try manually rolling a ball right to left and it should clear the sling when it’s correct

#16793 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Yours is easy. You just need to loosen the first screw on the right and move the guide rail back. I think I could reach it with a long skinny screwdriver but you might need to remove stuff.

Also to note. Be 100% your table is level first before adjusting anything. That alone will affect it

#16794 2 years ago

PinMonk im getting ready to install your kit and I’m not sure I’m reading this correct. Am I going behind the monitor meaning it needs to be removed in order to reach the power connector?9F911242-9C85-418D-AF55-9D4306CB330F (resized).jpeg9F911242-9C85-418D-AF55-9D4306CB330F (resized).jpeg

79E346E3-B893-4DDC-B87C-26892E16FB7F (resized).jpeg79E346E3-B893-4DDC-B87C-26892E16FB7F (resized).jpeg
#16795 2 years ago

PinMonk im getting ready to install your kit and I’m not sure I’m reading this correct. Am I going behind the monitor meaning it needs to be removed in order to reach the power connector?[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yes, just pull it at the corners. It's held on with magnets and swivels out.

#16796 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, just pull it at the corners. It's held on with magnets and swivels out.

Ah ok. I was getting to take out the screws, was hoping something less intrusive. Thanks for the info

#16797 2 years ago

PinMonk im getting ready to install your kit and I’m not sure I’m reading this correct. Am I going behind the monitor meaning it needs to be removed in order to reach the power connector?[quoted image]
[quoted image]

… I did not know that you had this beauty in your collection brother, I love the KISS classic Chaka …

BAECB420-FEE4-451C-8BF1-B05C7F7F0581 (resized).jpegBAECB420-FEE4-451C-8BF1-B05C7F7F0581 (resized).jpeg
#16798 2 years ago

[quoted image]

This is great feedback. I'll add a "pull monitor away from magnetic dock on the right and swing the monitor out to reveal the power driver board." before the other instructions.

#16799 2 years ago

All good. I’m a RTFM guy the first round so I didn’t see that step. Should be good to go here shortly

#16800 2 years ago

Is invisaglass standard on the LE’s?

I saved a sheet for my machine but my LE has invisaglass on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairmount, IN
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
7,500 (OBO)
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hazard, KY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,084 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/336?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.