IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 567.
#16701 2 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Could someone help me out with some pictures? I need pics of the left in-lanes where the guitar ramp and catwalk ramp connect. Also, under the playfield where the upper playfield wires come through I have 4 plugs not hooked up. Not sure if this is correct. I have a plug with 2 Pink Wires that is coming out from the upper playfield. Then I have a plug with 3 Yellow wires one of those having a brown stripe. A plug with 2 wires, both off white with one having a purple stripe. And One plug with 2 yellow wires one having a black stripe. All these plugs are under the playfield where the upper playfields wires poke through... I Need Help!!

Hey, here’s how mine looks like. I am pretty new at this and have not removed my upper playfield yet so not sure how much it will help. I think 3 of the plugs you mention are not connected to anything. But the only one with 2 pink wires I see is connected to another set of 2 pink wires.

E9DF9BA9-B785-491B-B257-C4731273F119 (resized).jpegE9DF9BA9-B785-491B-B257-C4731273F119 (resized).jpegB644E900-C7A3-4D77-AC62-E43C0EFCE517 (resized).jpegB644E900-C7A3-4D77-AC62-E43C0EFCE517 (resized).jpegACB755B6-5A96-4BD2-957A-BC260C5C5145 (resized).jpegACB755B6-5A96-4BD2-957A-BC260C5C5145 (resized).jpeg637D8481-C6A8-4CC3-8B1C-0A49A6FD3112 (resized).jpeg637D8481-C6A8-4CC3-8B1C-0A49A6FD3112 (resized).jpeg71648EB5-51CB-4667-B072-0114EBD9DC17 (resized).jpeg71648EB5-51CB-4667-B072-0114EBD9DC17 (resized).jpeg0461F3D7-A2D3-4364-8979-2FFFD9D19D5A (resized).jpeg0461F3D7-A2D3-4364-8979-2FFFD9D19D5A (resized).jpeg
#16702 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Hey, here’s how mine looks like. I am pretty new at this and have not removed my upper playfield yet so not sure how much it will help. I think 3 of the plugs you mention are not connected to anything. But the only one with 2 pink wires I see is connected to another set of 2 pink wires.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You are a Life Saver!!!! All those pictures Definitely helped!! Thank You for taking the time out to do this for me!!

#16703 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Bumping this… I finally had some time to play tonight and got a pretty good score (well, for me… 19 mil), and I excitedly went through Scorbit trying to figure out how to send a challenge to someone. But I am not smart enough. That or Scorbit thinks trying to challenge with 19m is too pathetic to allow.

There are two kinds of challenge features on Scorbit, regular Challenges and Challenge Matches, though right now only one (Challenges) is available in production. Challenge Match is premeditated, Challenges happen after a game is complete. Here's how it works:

- You play at great game.
- After the game you Save to Leaderboard. NOTE: If you have auto-save turned on, you skip this step, so you can't challenge!
- You are presented with a sharing and challenges screen. You can tag anyone you want to beat your score.
- You click Send Challenge.
- Anyone you challenged gets a notification to beat your score.
- If your challenge is accepted (which you do by clicking the "ACCEPT" button underneath the challenge, either in the Challenge menu, your user profile, or the score itself in the Community feed and Details), then the person who accepted the challenge can respond in turn with their game.

If you accept multiple challenges for the same machine, you will play them out first challenge accepted, first one played.

Quoted from RA77:

Awesome score daveyvandy
I seen your challenge on Scorbit the other day, but I was unable to get it to accept
I am running Scorbit on Android and it has been a little hit and miss. Its like it loses communication with the pin mid game

That's interesting, I'd love to know more! If you don't mind, email [email protected] with your Android version, the phone type, and when you see the connection dropping. What happens if you re-navigate to the game, does it pick up where it left off? (It should.)

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thanks man, I'm also running Scorbit on Android and I have had some problems here and there. I was worried I wouldn't be able to save the score to the leaderboard lol. It seems like if you don't press things in just the right order at the right time then you can lose some good scores.

Generally, the way it should work is, when you're done with a game, you can save it or throw it away. If you didn't have your app on and never claimed it, you can't go back and claim it after a certain period has passed or new games started, because otherwise we'd have folks hanging out in arcades accidentally claiming other people's scores.

If you want, you can set up auto-claim (for taking player slots) and auto-save (for automatically saving), but to claim a slot, your phone must be open and navigated to the game. Some people like to save every score, others like to save only their best.

We are adding a couple features soon that I think will help in these situations: One is called "hog mode," which doesn't require your phone be unlocked/open to auto-claim. However, if you walk away from a game for more than a couple minutes, you have to re-press the hog button to keep auto-claiming. Another feature you may like is the ability to go back to scores you claimed but didn't save and save them later, giving you the ability to share them at that time.

#16704 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Album modes and wizard mode aren’t a priority for me since scoring isn’t worth it at the moment while code is being balanced and polished in comparison to what you can get on song jackpots. I’ll do tour multiball also, and the one that frustrates me the most is Slash solo… if it was big points and chance for an extra ball or if I didn’t lose my ball on it every time except once that I can think of maybe I’d change my mind. Poor Slash…. His thing is cool just not worth enough for the risk yet.

Could

Not

Agree

More

I have gotten into the habit of just letting it time out and cradling the ball.

They should update the code so you can skip it like an album mode.

#16705 2 years ago

Just wondering for you pinwoofer gt users out there… when I use the gain knob to prevent the auto-mute function from working (and making the lower level sound moments cut in and out), I get an unacceptable amount of hiss static from the mids and tweeters. It was driving me nuts, so now the game volume is always much higher than usual—then i can keep the gain knob low and it seems to let me play at reasonable levels without the hiss or the auto-mute happening most of the time. It just feels weird to be playing “quiet” games at volumes in the 20s.

It’s not really a problem, just feels weird. Is that how you guys deal with it? I don’t think there’s a way to disable auto-mute; I know the function is meant to help out older games more than the newer ones. I have yet to play a “quiet” game with this setup and I’m not sure I’ll be able to without the auto mute happening. I usually use headphones in quieter house times anyway, but I was thinking about guests who might want to play but keep it fairly quiet. Then again, if overstimulation is a problem for them, they probably shouldn’t be playing GNR anyway!

#16706 2 years ago

Anybody here tweak the outer orbit guide rails in order to get a clean loop flipper to flipper? Right now my left to right orbit works perfect with a good shot. If I hit a right to left orbit it nicks the left sling instead of hitting the flipper. I had to do this with IJ before wondering if anybody has done this and any tips.

#16707 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Could
Not
Agree
More

Same here, album modes and slash solo not worth the risk. I stay out of album modes as much as I can. Focus on multiballs, locking balls and getting band members. Then play the song. That is where the magic is. Once a while tour multiball is fun and sometimes the Wargames mode is fun but not worth the risk or points. You need to get 2 or 3 songs going for serious points.

#16708 2 years ago

PinMonk your airball shield came today .
It's a quality piece of work , with detailed instructions , well done .
Were you making a ham sandwich before you packed it , for some reason Doug really wanted to eat the box

IMG_20211025_201937 (resized).jpgIMG_20211025_201937 (resized).jpg
#16709 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Anybody here tweak the outer orbit guide rails in order to get a clean loop flipper to flipper? Right now my left to right orbit works perfect with a good shot. If I hit a right to left orbit it nicks the left sling instead of hitting the flipper. I had to do this with IJ before wondering if anybody has done this and any tips.

Mine is the same way but only if the ball comes around the orbit with some speed.

It isn’t bad enough for me to get the hammer out…. yet - but I am interested in the solution as well.

#16710 2 years ago

Sometimes I have to adjust the ball guides on both orbits. For the left side, remove the wire ramp and left most plastic. You may need to remove the screws for the spinner. Loosen the first two nuts from Underneath that hold the guide. Push the guide in towards middle of playfield and then tighten the nuts. I’ve had to use some needle nose pliers to bend the guide in a bit as well. It’s a pain in the ass

#16711 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Just wondering for you pinwoofer gt users out there… when I use the gain knob to prevent the auto-mute function from working (and making the lower level sound moments cut in and out), I get an unacceptable amount of hiss static from the mids and tweeters. It was driving me nuts, so now the game volume is always much higher than usual—then i can keep the gain knob low and it seems to let me play at reasonable levels without the hiss or the auto-mute happening most of the time. It just feels weird to be playing “quiet” games at volumes in the 20s.
It’s not really a problem, just feels weird. Is that how you guys deal with it? I don’t think there’s a way to disable auto-mute; I know the function is meant to help out older games more than the newer ones. I have yet to play a “quiet” game with this setup and I’m not sure I’ll be able to without the auto mute happening. I usually use headphones in quieter house times anyway, but I was thinking about guests who might want to play but keep it fairly quiet. Then again, if overstimulation is a problem for them, they probably shouldn’t be playing GNR anyway!

Hey deejaypee - please read through the new owner migration guide at the link below. Everything you need to know should be there. You can also contact me if you need help - I'm certain this is a matter of making some simple adjustments:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-migration-to-new-owner/

There are also recommended settings below - once you set the gain to 2-3 o'clock you'll want to leave it there permanently:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-amplifier-settings/

#16712 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey djpletcher - please read through the new owner migration guide at the link below. Everything you need to know should be there. You can also contact me if you need help - I'm certain this is a matter of making some simple adjustments:
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-migration-to-new-owner/
There are also recommended settings below - once you set the gain to 2-3 o'clock you'll want to leave it there permanently:
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-pinball-guns-n-roses-amplifier-settings/

Dan, you work too hard! I just thought I’d see if the community has a little feedback, to see if people dealt with things in different ways, but I should have known you’d catch it first! Who else goes out of their way to provide customer service to customers who are actively not bugging you?!

I’ve read those and watched a couple of videos but I’m a little sensitive to gain fuzz I think. The dern thing sounds fabulous and I am only here splitting hairs, I couldn’t be happier with @Pinwoofer!

Even the lady of the house, who adamantly was opposed to a mod we couldn’t see, has admitted she could never go back to the old sound and jams out approximately 14 times harder since we installed pinwoofer

#16713 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Could
Not
Agree
More

adding an extra ball chance which could be collected if you score an minimum amount and finish the mode would give more incentive to play the mode i think.

#16714 2 years ago

Yesterday while I was getting kicked to the ground by my machine I was wondering if there was a “practice” mode in the machine where it just spits balls and you can practice your shots… No points, no modes, just single ball play to practice shots. pinball_keefer not sure if this is something that there are more people interested on or if it is something you guys where contemplating but thought of asking….

#16715 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

I was wondering if there was a “practice” mode

Ya know….that is an interesting idea! Maybe the game gives instructions/ direction on what to hit then let’s you keep trying until you get it…..like the Practice mode in Madden football or other games.

Never seen this with pinball but since these are primarily home games I can see this as a real selling point if JJP or Stern incorporated modes like this!

#16716 2 years ago

Nothing stopping you from pressing the button and practicing skills. I do it regularly (not that it makes me better). All you have to do is ignore the points.

There's no need for a special 'mode'.

#16717 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Sometimes I have to adjust the ball guides on both orbits. For the left side, remove the wire ramp and left most plastic. You may need to remove the screws for the spinner. Loosen the first two nuts from Underneath that hold the guide. Push the guide in towards middle of playfield and then tighten the nuts. I’ve had to use some needle nose pliers to bend the guide in a bit as well. It’s a pain in the ass

Yeah it was the same when I did Indy. In the long run it pays off because you can flip multiple orbits in a row. I wasn’t sure if the left sling needed to also be adjusted but I can probably just get away with adjusting the left side of this outer orbit guide. When I get it working I’ll report back what I did

#16718 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Mine is the same way but only if the ball comes around the orbit with some speed.
It isn’t bad enough for me to get the hammer out…. yet - but I am interested in the solution as well.

So your left to right orbit (clockwise) clears the right sling, but right to left (counter clockwise) hits the left sling - correct?

#16719 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

PinMonk your airball shield came today .
It's a quality piece of work , with detailed instructions , well done .
Were you making a ham sandwich before you packed it , for some reason Doug really wanted to eat the box
[quoted image]

Sometimes lunch is nearby when I'm packing but I can't imagine any trace of it surviving the trip to you.

Glad you're happy with the part. It's already saved my bacon a number of times. One of the times the ball had enough speed and spin on it that it kind of levitated against the shield before dropping, which looked crazy.

#16720 2 years ago

** Group Buy Closed **

This is my final Update post on the group buy going on for the Spotlight upgrade kit.
I also noticed Mezel Mods just upped their price to $85+shipping too ... but they still dont have them yet either.

This group buy was $105 including shipping to USA addresses only.
ALL kits are already purchased and spoken for.

The UPS Tracking from Germany shows the package cleared US customs and delivering to me tomorrow 10/26!
My plan is to ship them out USPS to the lucky pinsiders on 10/28 Thursday.

Original post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/331#post-6559994

Added over 2 years ago:

All items shipped out today (10/26 Tuesday) same day as received!

#16721 2 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Same here, album modes and slash solo not worth the risk. I stay out of album modes as much as I can. Focus on multiballs, locking balls and getting band members. Then play the song. That is where the magic is. Once a while tour multiball is fun and sometimes the Wargames mode is fun but not worth the risk or points. You need to get 2 or 3 songs going for serious points.

i don't mind the album modes. they seem more substantial and are much more fun. Slash Solo to me just gets in the way. but there are times I will just skip album modes as well.

#16722 2 years ago

Vespula Did you mount the guitar keychain yet? Mine arrived yesterday. Wondering what you did and how.

Thanks

#16723 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

adding an extra ball chance which could be collected if you score an minimum amount and finish the mode would give more incentive to play the mode i think.

I still like my idea of making it stackable with the rest of the game. So you can play the objectives if you want, or/and continue progressing through the game.

#16724 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Vespula Did you mount the guitar keychain yet? Mine arrived yesterday. Wondering what you did and how.
Thanks

Nope, hawkmoon77 started this idea, and his original post with some pics is here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/307#post-6519410

He fabricated a Metal bracket and bent it to shape and used double sided tape to adhere the guitar.

#16725 2 years ago

Farmer style!! # 1776 showed today, bicentennial number is pretty cool. Sept build , no issues at all. What a great game!!

20211025_091303 (resized).jpg20211025_091303 (resized).jpg20211025_091315 (resized).jpg20211025_091315 (resized).jpg20211025_091316 (resized).jpg20211025_091316 (resized).jpg20211025_091325 (resized).jpg20211025_091325 (resized).jpg20211025_102508 (resized).jpg20211025_102508 (resized).jpg
#16726 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Farmer style!! # 1776 showed today, bicentennial number is pretty cool. Sept build , no issues at all. What a great game!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats and awesome game room design! What's your serial number if you don't mind me asking?

#16727 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Congrats and awesome game room design! What's your serial number if you don't mind me asking?

I'm in Ellensburg

20211025_125914 (resized).jpg20211025_125914 (resized).jpg
#16728 2 years ago

Only complaint is audio sux, but pinwoofers will be here tmrw or Wednesday so I'll manage

#16729 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Only complaint is audio sux, but pinwoofers will be here tmrw or Wednesday so I'll manage

Yeah, Pinwoofer will be a great upgrade! Looks like JJP is still in the low/mid-2,000 LEs produced. Pretty good progress so far, especially considering supply and labor shortages.

#16730 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

ONLY ONE (1) LEFT!
First PM + $105 gets it.
This is my final Update post on the group buy going on for the Spotlight upgrade kit.
I also noticed Mezel Mods just upped their price to $85+shipping too ... but they still dont have them yet either.
This group buy = $105 including shipping to USA addresses only.
5 of the 6 kits are already purchased and spoken for.
The UPS Tracking from Germany shows the package cleared US customs and delivering to me tomorrow 10/26!
My plan is to ship them out USPS to the lucky pinsiders on 10/28 Thursday.
So, who wants the last one? on your marks, get set......PM!
Original post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/331#post-6559994

PM sent

#16731 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Congrats! No feeling like new pin day.

Please let us know what you think of the game.

#16732 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Congratulations first JJP?

#16733 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Congratulations first JJP?

Yes, first theme I've wanted from them. Other titles are fine, but limited space here so I have to be choosy. .

#16734 2 years ago

I registered game, how do I get on a list for a replacement playfield? Hoping I'll never need one but just to be safe,,,,

#16735 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I registered game, how do I get on a list for a replacement playfield? Hoping I'll never need one but just to be safe,,,,

Email or call Barry at JJP

#16736 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Email or call Barry at JJP

Thank you!

#16737 2 years ago

Ok, rest of plastics arrive today, going in. Good position to wax as well

05EF1F51-E912-47B6-90B5-CEA40237201A (resized).jpeg05EF1F51-E912-47B6-90B5-CEA40237201A (resized).jpeg
#16738 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay so to summarize here's what I did to remove the upper play field to put on the cliffy on the scoop:
For pictures I just referenced Vitty's post which was on page 150 of this thread I believe.
1. Removed bass guitar wire frame... Just two nuts and two washers holding in place... Entire assembly goes straight up 90 degrees to the play field and then pulls out of the holes in the upper play field.
2. Remove two nuts holding axl in place. Removed axl
3. Lift playfield. Locate molex connector and rj 45 to upper playfield unplug.
4. The next part requires some patience there's a yellow and green wire that runs up to a control board also ties into a black and red wire... In order to have enough slack to lift the playfield you'll need to trace this wire from the upper play field to the connection point and unplug it take your time you'll find it. Also will require cutting zip ties to give yourself some slack Make sure to take plenty of pictures. Again I didn't remove the upper playfield entirely I simply provided enough slack to the cables that were there that once the playfield is lowered I was able to lift it up and put a microfiber towel underneath to protect the upper playfield from the main.
5. Remove the two screws holding the scoop protector in place.
6. Lower playfield.
7. Remove the left spotlight wiring so that you're not putting any undo stress on the light when you lift the playfield.
8. Remove four screws in the upper play field a long magnet really helps here.
9. Carefully lift up on the upper play field and have a thick microfiber towel at the ready to be able to slide underneath to protect the lower surface from the upper If you feel resistance stop make sure that you have clearance on the wires below You shouldn't have to move it that much we're only trying to get it out of the way so that we can get to the scoop assembly.
10. Next unscrew the two nuts holding the metal guitar shelf guide and remove
11. Unscrew the nut holding the plastic in place which also doubles as a one-way ballgate, You should be able to lift the plastic off now.
12. Using a hex driver, loosen the two posts, one has a ring bumper on it, The other has a larger ring that spans to a post.
13. Unscrew the two screws that are holding the vuk ball guide... You should now be able to remove the two brackets that hold the blue rubber bumpers
14. Remove the inner scoop protector... I did this by pushing down on the front and pulling up on the back work slowly so is to not damage the scoop hole.
15. There will be some adhesive left over on the playfield from the previous mantis protector I left mine in place as it still had enough stickiness to function to hold down the cliffy
16. Here's where we may differ My cliffy's once installed needed to be ground down a little bit with the Dremel because I had them interfering with the two ball locks and metal was scraping... You may be okay but this is definitely a place you want to make sure you have clearance before you screw everything back together.
17. Insert the new cliffy by putting the front end in first, The clip should spring to the playfield and the sides need to be slightly pinched and it should just pop right in
18. Insert the back wall inner cliffy protector again trial fit to make sure you have clearance
19. Now just reassemble everything in reverse order starting with the vuk ball guide to lock the cliff in place followed by the two rubber bumper brackets and then the posts
20. Once you've reassembled the top playfield lift it up again and resecure all the wires that you loosened and cut zip ties for.
21. Make sure none of your wires are crossing the vuk, and also make sure you have slack on your left spotlight so that it can move freely.
That's it... It sounds a lot worse than it actually is Just be sure to take your time take lots of pictures label stuff if you're not sure don't rush This is definitely not something you're going to knock out in a 30 minutes..It took me about three hours talking my time.
Couple of notes that I did as extras:
I put a couple drops of blue loctite on the two scoop ball guide screws
Couple posts back I showed were the wires crossed in front of the metal frame housing for the left spotlight here's where I put some mylar to protect the wires from frame over time over time again maybe overkill but I'd rather have a little overkill protection than have to send away for a new assembly due to cut wires
For the dremel cuts on the cliffy, I used a sharpie to mark the areas that needed to be cut, used a simple sanding wheel at high speed ..go very slowly.. as you only want to remove what metal is interfering and no more
Also while I had to play field off I took the opportunity to replace whatever PL slings and rings that they had assembled with Titan clears
Hope this helps

Hey fooflighter - so we remove the original inner protector and outer protector and replace them with the 2 piece Cliffy and we don’t use the originals at all right?

E6DAE4F0-6C59-4CB8-AC78-601E89D7927E (resized).jpegE6DAE4F0-6C59-4CB8-AC78-601E89D7927E (resized).jpeg
#16739 2 years ago

Hey fooflighter - so we remove the original inner protector and outer protector and replace them with the 2 piece Cliffy and we don’t use the originals at all right?
[quoted image]

That is what I did.

#16740 2 years ago

Thx, just wanted to make sure

#16741 2 years ago

[quoted image]

That is correct, I think you could probably work in the original but it would be a tight fit and may not sit flush due to the slightly restricted opening may cause the Cliffy to lift, from squeezing the clamp edges

#16742 2 years ago

One more question from the new guy , im at 6.8 ° at the flippers, what's optimal? And are you measuring at flips or mid field? Thx

#16743 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

One more question from the new guy , im at 6.8 ° at the flippers, what's optimal? And are you measuring at flips or mid field? Thx

Top of the bubble at the second line from the bottom.

#16744 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Congrats HF ,I’m glad you got yours bud !!!

#16745 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

At the flippers

#16746 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I've bent the rail on the left orbit. Used needle nose pliers. Comes right down to the left flipper unless it goes up the orbitess than halfway.

The right or it has never needed adjusted.

#16747 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

At the flippers

It is different midfield vs at the flippers.

7° up beside the scoop and record is what I like it at.

#16748 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

Yesterday while I was getting kicked to the ground by my machine I was wondering if there was a “practice” mode in the machine where it just spits balls and you can practice your shots… No points, no modes, just single ball play to practice shots. pinball_keefer not sure if this is something that there are more people interested on or if it is something you guys where contemplating but thought of asking….

I had completely forgot about this; During the week of GNR's launch it was stated that a Single Song Game-Play was planned. The player would select a song and launch first ball while the machine ran ball-saver until the song ended, then game-over.

#16749 2 years ago

So your left to right orbit (clockwise) clears the right sling, but right to left (counter clockwise) hits the left sling - correct?

Yep. I’ll be digging into this this weekend.

#16750 2 years ago

Ok, so I haven’t really heard any issues of PF post issues after July builds when JJP started putting in the black washers. But inspecting the posts there’s a couple things I noticed. First off in other areas (IE under the apron) there are marks where they used metal washers (I replaced those metal ones with petg). This mark isn’t so much from the metal though, this is from an uncured clear coat (see pic 1). The bolts were not even that tight, just snug. Lucky for me I left my pin in the box since July until a couple weeks ago giving it an extra 4 months. This may or may not pay off, but I see Kruzman chiming in on another thread stating the same proper cure timeframe should be 4 months. Either way, inspecting the posts in the typical trouble areas I can just see the stock ones just feel flimsy. I’ve attached a pic in comparison of current JJP ones vs the thicker posts I bought. While I think the black washers will help, I think in the long run these posts are not gonna fare well. So I decided to take the Pepsi challenge on my PF. And if something goes wrong we’ll new PFs are available next year. I decided to put 1 of the thicker ones in the most trouble area (at least the most reported) which is the upper left pop bumper one. Im going to inspect all of them often and see if one outperforms the others. Hopefully all work out, but then again maybe there can only be 1. Will find outB6FE0A36-E2E4-4576-BE90-205BAEFC5BF0 (resized).jpegB6FE0A36-E2E4-4576-BE90-205BAEFC5BF0 (resized).jpegD2840100-C084-4BC4-A700-C8A0F83D2A3D (resized).jpegD2840100-C084-4BC4-A700-C8A0F83D2A3D (resized).jpeg
A4B9DAFB-872E-4EED-B858-6D1C6092C22D (resized).jpegA4B9DAFB-872E-4EED-B858-6D1C6092C22D (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/335 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.