20211203_202426 (resized).jpg
IMG20211204012951 (resized).jpg
IMG20211204012944 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-03 093514 (resized).png
IMG20211203232438 (resized).jpg
IMG20211203232429 (resized).jpg
20210909_165144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

56 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 365.
#16601 43 days ago

Waited all day, ups delivery scheduled between 9am and 5pm. At 6pm I called. It's sitting 30 miles from me, arrived there at 7:39 am and they didn't load or bother to notify me. I'll try to just pick up Monday myself, guess the anticipation has to last a few more days

#16602 43 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Waited all day, ups delivery scheduled between 9am and 5pm. At 6pm I called. It's sitting 30 miles from me, arrived there at 7:39 am and they didn't load or bother to notify me. I'll try to just pick up Monday myself, guess the anticipation has to last a few more days
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e3a345a7b3f70b0b1c6ddf72fc90a7ddf93b41a2-1634955888-1800"};
//]]>

Bro that sucks, but especially sucks hard on a Friday! The whole wknd wasted.

Man I am sorry. Can you go get it tomorrow?

#16603 43 days ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

This made me chuckle as it described my flipping style perfectly!
Vespula as an FYI I ordered back in October 16 of 2020 from a distributor and just got mine yesterday. Silver lining: the playfield looks immaculate so yours will also look awesome and one less issue to worry about. Hang in there…
And for anyone on the fence on pinwoofer, I think it is a must have for this pinball! The sound quality it is really night and day plus Dan provides awesome support. I had a few questions while installing it and he was super quick to respond.

I think I ordered a week before you did in October last year direct from JJP, and I got mine in late June this year. the direct orders are a mixed bag. Congrats on the perfect game; Mine has PF pooling and missing art in the shooter lane, unfortunately. It hasnt affected my love for this game though; it is a MASTERPIECE, to be sure! ROCK ON!!

#16604 43 days ago

has anyone else experienced their flipper coil brackets coming loose; the allen head screws? my left flipper just dropped both screws, causing the left flipper to freeze in the up position. i was surprised to find both allen head screws in the coin box. someone at the factory forgot to cinch them tightly under the PF. also, an apron screw was loose on my game from the factory. I didn't experience this until i played about six hundred games, so maybe it's basic hardware loosening issues to be expected anyways...

#16605 43 days ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Bro that sucks, but especially sucks hard on a Friday! The whole wknd wasted.
Man I am sorry. Can you go get it tomorrow?

I called. Depo not open. And it's gonna rain all weekend, perfect excuse to play all day. I've been happier,

#16606 43 days ago

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear they dropped the ball. At least You’ll have it soon.

#16607 43 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear they dropped the ball. At least You’ll have it soon.

You'll get yours b4 me haha

#16609 43 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I called. Depo not open. And it's gonna rain all weekend, perfect excuse to play all day. I've been happier,

#16610 43 days ago

These also don’t appear to overlap
Is not overlapping A good thing or bad? I’m not sure what that is

#16611 43 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

If the plastic is an exact cutout of the original it’s going to share the hit and take damage

Now I understand the overlap...

#16612 43 days ago

I'm considering joining the club, but haven't had much time on the game.

I have a few questions...

1) Is this a long player like Hobbit, WOZ, etc?

2) Is it MB heavy like Hobbit

3) What is the rule structure like? Is it traditional Keith with loads of modes?

Thanks

#16613 43 days ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Anyone else automatically change the song when Coma appears? I hate the objective of that song. My eye is on the third flipper the whole time trying to hit that coma target and then other balls seem to get in the way. Too frustrating to play that song. Any other songs people avoid? And is Coma one of them?

it's not that bad and the light show is very good. A little tip to hit the coma target. shoot the left spinner lane and keep the right flipper up. the ball will almost always hit the coma target when it goes all the way around via the right flipper.

#16614 43 days ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

it's not that bad and the light show is very good. A little tip to hit the coma target. shoot the left spinner lane and keep the right flipper up. the ball will almost always hit the coma target when it goes all the way around via the right flipper.

Yep. Maybe that shot's a tip of the hat to The Shadow?

#16615 43 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm considering joining the club, but haven't had much time on the game.
I have a few questions...
1) Is this a long player like Hobbit, WOZ, etc?
2) Is it MB heavy like Hobbit
3) What is the rule structure like? Is it traditional Keith with loads of modes?
Thanks

1) yes
2) yes
3) Nope, it's unique and awesome.

#16616 43 days ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Now I understand the overlap...

I have 2 pins with Convolux and totally 5000 games. No broken plastics. Overlapping is not needed. These protectors are installed in thousand pins and do their job.

#16617 43 days ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I have 2 pins with Convolux and totally 5000 games. No broken plastics. Overlapping is not needed. These protectors are installed in thousand pins and do their job.

Overlap is mostly pointless. Whats the chances that the ball hits square on or from the top down? If anything its coming from the bottom up.

#16618 43 days ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

If all goes well tomorrow at the bank, I could very well be the owner of a NIB GNR LE. Fingers crossed.

Screenshot_20211023-065030_Chrome (resized).jpg
#16619 43 days ago

Tibetan breeze installed, very cool
Thanks Pinmonk

20211023_115735 (resized).jpg20211023_123926 (resized).jpg20211023_123956 (resized).jpg20211023_124003 (resized).jpg20211023_124012 (resized).jpg
#16620 43 days ago

Joined two JJP clubs this week including GnR

FA4C8661-5957-418E-BDF2-22E5CB8F83D5 (resized).jpeg
#16621 43 days ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

.....put my Pinwoofer GT in on Friday. Yowser - if you like your pinball music loud and awesome sounding, you need this. Love it - such a good match with GnR.

Quoted from Mar3nBu:

…And for anyone on the fence on pinwoofer, I think it is a must have for this pinball! The sound quality it is really night and day plus Dan provides awesome support. I had a few questions while installing it and he was super quick to respond.

Since we were mentioned, that's great feedback guys - enjoy!

Here is the JJP kit for anyone that's interested - it's a game changer for GNR:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-super-kit/

PWL (resized).png
#16622 43 days ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Since we were mentioned, that's great feedback guys - enjoy!
Here is the JJP kit for anyone that's interested - it's a game changer for GNR:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-super-kit/
[quoted image]

Not that it's needed at this point, but I wanted to be sure to share my positive feedback for Dan and his customer service skills as well! Dude spent over an hour with me on the phone yesterday helping troubleshoot an issue I was having, and he was able to help get things back up and running 100%. He's passionate about his profession and products, and he goes above and beyond from a customer service standpoint. Buy with confidence!

#16623 43 days ago

I got the keychain. I don't think I am going to use it. It is yellow. But it is also a flat cutout of wood with a photo-sticker of a guitar on it. It does have a decent quality sticker. But the original guitar I got is a work of art in comparison. It's actually a miniature hollow-body guitar, with strings and pickups and a bridge and tuners with amazing 3D detail, and the lacquer finish is spectacular. (It even came with a guitar case). The keychain is a great upgrade in my opinion to the ugly bracket. And it is yellow. But the other guitar is beautiful (and the neck fits a better).

In looking at the pictures of both, I'll say this. The photo of the red guitar does not do it justice. The photos of the yellow guitar look much better than the actual guitar.

The quality of the red guitar is such that I might consider sanding off the finish and staining the wood yellow. If I can order another one, I might try that. If not, I'll just hang this photo near the machine until I get used to it https://i2-prod.belfastlive.co.uk/incoming/article16422078.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_Belsonic-Slash-10_Lewis.jpg

20210904_135205 (resized).jpg20211023_115418 (resized).jpg20211023_115449 (resized).jpg

#16624 43 days ago

Sorry you're disappointed. Good feedback.
Hopefully we'll get some pictures of this installed in the future to give it a comparison.

#16625 43 days ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Joined two JJP clubs this week including GnR
[quoted image]

Niiiice. What’s the other one, Wonka?

#16626 43 days ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Sorry you're disappointed. Good feedback.
Hopefully we'll get some pictures of this installed in the future to give it a comparison.

It was well worth the effort to try. I'll post a side-by-side when I have a chance. The problem is really that the sticker photographs REALLY well. But in person, it doesn't compare to what is basically a miniature real guitar.

#16627 43 days ago

Having scoop problems. Switch registers using a wire to bridge but not when the button is pressed. Replacement the only option?

#16628 43 days ago

For pinwoofer should I get the KO or GT? The higher cost is not an issue. Just wondering if there is a sound difference when using it for this game.

#16629 43 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

For pinwoofer should I get the KO or GT? The higher cost is not an issue. Just wondering if there is a sound difference when using it for this game.

Greetings Mattyk - great question!

Both the GT and the KO have the same final amplifier stage (power) and the same tone / level controls so your decision comes down to features and price.

The feature matrix comparing the two amps is shown below. The GT includes a pre-amp which has a gain control, auto-muting and a studio level line out. The GT pre-amp features are vital for older machines (i.e. vital for WPCx/Data East/Sega/Whitestar) but less necessary for newer titles (i.e. less necessary for Spike and JJP).

One might choose the GT over the KO because they want the immediate studio level line output to run externals such as a sub or satellite / stage monitors (there are some fanatical guys out there).

If you choose the KO you can always add externals with any of the array of aftermarket offerings out there, or we can set you up later on with whatever gadgets you need for this.

For most, the KO is a perfect match to meet their goals.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

GT vs KO Back Panel (resized).jpgscaled-pinwoofer-amplifier-feature-matrix (resized).jpg
#16630 43 days ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Niiiice. What’s the other one, Wonka?

Yep. Pretty different games…

#16631 43 days ago

I’m in the Club.September made Zero issues out of the box.I have now 148 games playd.What a game.The best music pin to date.Playfield amazing.

image (resized).jpg
#16632 43 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Having scoop problems. Switch registers using a wire to bridge but not when the button is pressed. Replacement the only option?

If you can't bend the switch blade (might take multiple bends to get the angle just right) to get enough leverage on the button that it presses, then yeah, a new switch is your best option.

#16633 43 days ago

I chickened out and cashed out.. twice. But hey at least I made it to #5 on Scorbit.

PXL_20211023_172049978 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211023-133322 (resized).png
#16634 43 days ago

Awesome score daveyvandy
I seen your challenge on Scorbit the other day, but I was unable to get it to accept
I am running Scorbit on Android and it has been a little hit and miss. Its like it loses communication with the pin mid game

#16635 43 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I chickened out and cashed out.. twice. But hey at least I made it to #5 on Scorbit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Karl's score is more than the next 5 high scores combined. K-razy.

#16636 43 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Awesome score daveyvandy
I seen your challenge on Scorbit the other day, but I was unable to get it to accept
I am running Scorbit on Android and it has been a little hit and miss. Its like it loses communication with the pin mid game

Thanks man, I'm also running Scorbit on Android and I have had some problems here and there. I was worried I wouldn't be able to save the score to the leaderboard lol. It seems like if you don't press things in just the right order at the right time then you can lose some good scores.

I was kind of surprised that I got such a high score, considering my song level was pretty low (70) and I manually picked Estranged. I've been trying to focus on collecting hidden band member items through the tour and changing my strategy a bit overall. It's easy to get stuck in the rut of doing the same thing over and over again, but this game has a wide variety of strategies to try out!

#16637 43 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Karl's score is more than the next 5 high scores combined. K-razy.

Yeah he is crazy good, and he's got the streams to prove it. I wasn't even close to getting to the final wizard mode and I know he's been there before. I can see why they call it Not In This Lifetime.

#16638 43 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I chickened out and cashed out.. twice. But hey at least I made it to #5 on Scorbit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome jackpot score.

It makes me feel really shitty while at the same time hopeful.

#16639 43 days ago

RE: scorbit
I’m running scorbit on iPhone and the challenges do seem buggy / off. You accept and it just sits idle in challenges even if you beat one, no notification. Hopefully future updates address it. Ken said in the latest JJP podcast there were some big things coming for scorbit.

#16640 43 days ago

I tried to add an ICT A6 -usd4 DBV to my GNr standard but it won’t fit. The top of the unit hits this metal piece that’s part of the lock down bar. Any suggestions as to a dbv that will fit?

119A560B-5032-40CD-94CB-CF113B0AFCEE (resized).jpeg
#16641 43 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

Any suggestions as to a dbv that will fit?

MEI ( Mars ) 12 volt DC with 300 count cartridge.

LTG : )

#16642 43 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

Any suggestions as to a dbv that will fit?

This is what I use with a 300 bill capacity. If you can't get it with one, get one of the 300 cartridge ones off of Ebay.

https://www.betsonparts.com/amusement-redemption/mei-ae-2654-u5e-12-volt-bill-validator.html

#16643 43 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

MEI ( Mars ) 12 volt DC with 300 count cartridge.

Thanks Lloyd. Will I need any additional cables? Or should it come with the dbv?

#16644 43 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you can't get it with one, get one of the 300 cartridge ones off of Ebay.

ebay.com link: itm Ebay usually has some to choose from.

Quoted from Coz:

Will I need any additional cables? Or should it come with the dbv?

The one from Betson comes with the cable. Plug and play.

#16645 43 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

I tried to add an ICT A6 -usd4 DBV to my GNr standard but it won’t fit. The top of the unit hits this metal piece that’s part of the lock down bar. Any suggestions as to a dbv that will fit?
[quoted image]

Just threw one in to make sure I wasn't talking out of my butt, but the MARS AE2654 12v unit I mentioned earlier fits jjGnR fine with the 300 bill cartridge.
mars_ae2654.jpg

If you have time and can watch and wait, you can pick them up on Ebay for about $200. The last one I got was $227 shipped one before that was $168.50. Otherwise $350ish is the new unit going rate.

EDIT: There was a smoking deal for one at $155 shipped in August. ebay.com link: itm

#16646 43 days ago

If I were to go this route and use a 110v dbv….where would I connect the 2 yellow wires? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I’ve only had stern pins out on location

B9F3F63B-DC37-42D0-BFD0-84861B4C5183 (resized).png
#16647 43 days ago

So my left flipper issue was definitely a soldering problem. I just touched the wires and one popped off. I don't know where to put it though. I've checked my other games and they aren't the same. There are two black wires connected to the left upper, and a yellow/black connected to the right lower. Where does the yellow/orange connect? I'd assume it connects to the same as the black, but just want to be sure.

20211023_170005 (resized).jpg

#16648 43 days ago

a new problem sometimes appears since yesterday.
The balls are not released in Guitar Lock. The optos flash (announcement shortly before release), but the pins do not go down.
When I turn off the pin and turn it on again it is normal again until after a few games the pbolem appears again.
When I test the guitar lock (optos and coils) it also works.
What could it be?

#16649 43 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pinwoofer, art blades, Mr tantrum flipper toppers already here , still cant find any plastic protectors I like. Any thing out there besides blue or clear?

Pi

Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thanks man, I'm also running Scorbit on Android and I have had some problems here and there. I was worried I wouldn't be able to save the score to the leaderboard lol. It seems like if you don't press things in just the right order at the right time then you can lose some good scores.
I was kind of surprised that I got such a high score, considering my song level was pretty low (70) and I manually picked Estranged. I've been trying to focus on collecting hidden band member items through the tour and changing my strategy a bit overall. It's easy to get stuck in the rut of doing the same thing over and over again, but this game has a wide variety of strategies to try out!

Great info. Can you explain a bit more what you mean by collecting hidden bandmember items through the tour? Do you mean the patches or something I’m just completely oblivious to?

I might’ve triggered something last night because my jackpot and I forget which song ballooned from 2,000,000 to 15m pretty quickly and I don’t know what I did. The best part is I hit the center scoop when it was green towards the end of the song and while the ball was still in the scoop applause jackpot lit and I received it. Very satisfying!

#16650 43 days ago
Quoted from Coz:

If I were to go this route and use a 110v dbv….where would I connect the 2 yellow wires? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I’ve only had stern pins out on location
[quoted image]

That's a crappy kludge I do not recommend, but you'd plug that into the service outlet. Only downside to doing it that way is the DBA would always be powered on, whether the machine was or not.

There are 18,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 333 of 365.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside