IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 569.
#16551 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anybody else go from 6 balls to 0 balls after a 6-ball powerchord jackpot?

Oh no,
6 like wow, awesome !
Im lucky to get 3
I can see my game getting better.
This is the most relaxing multiball game I have ever played. Sterns are just crazy, full on, but GnR just feels so good. I think once I get my heat problems sorted out I'll be in with a chance of decent scores.
My vision is ordinary at best and GnR is the only pinball that I can play comfortably in the dark. This is not possible on my Sterns , just too hard to see the ball.
GnR is such a great game, I continue to maintain its killing my Sterns

20211006_195511 (resized).jpg20211006_195511 (resized).jpg

#16552 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Red would be nice for the LE & Purple for the CE but nobody is making those colors yet. I just got the clear

https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=629554963. This place has Red Plastic Protectors.

#16553 2 years ago

Those look great. Wonder how much with shipping? How can I translate?

#16554 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh no,
6 like wow, awesome !
Im lucky to get 3
This is the most relaxing multiball game I have ever played. Sterns are just crazy, full on, but GnR just feels so good. I think once I get my heat problems sorted out I'll be in with a chance of decent scores.
My vision is ordinary at best and GnR is the only pinball that I can play comfortably in the dark. This is not possible on my Sterns , just too hard to see the ball.
GnR is such a great game, I still maintain its killing my Sterns
[quoted image]

Awesome collection of music pins. Congrats!

#16555 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Those look great. Wonder how much with shipping? How can I translate?

Screenshot_20211021-220757 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211021-220757 (resized).jpg
#16556 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh no,
6 like wow, awesome !
Im lucky to get 3
GnR is such a great game, I still maintain its killing my Sterns
[quoted image]

Hey RA, thatā€™s a beautiful Pinball collection mate, that brick wall looks amazing by the way!
I love music Pinballs, hopefully RUSH will be next for me so I can send pics daily to Screaminr and Chaka because they love RUSH band just like me

#16557 2 years ago

These also donā€™t appear to overlap

EDA3567A-238C-41C7-A178-AE9939A0D294 (resized).jpegEDA3567A-238C-41C7-A178-AE9939A0D294 (resized).jpeg
#16558 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

hopefully RUSH will be next for me so I can send pics daily to Screaminr and Chaka because they love RUSH

I do like Rush. Heā€™s played in so many good movies

7F7E111B-BFB4-4886-A4ED-7F99C7662ABA.gif7F7E111B-BFB4-4886-A4ED-7F99C7662ABA.gif
#16559 2 years ago
Quoted from killborn:

[quoted image]

Hey thx. I'm in ellensburg, finding more east siders all the time!

#16560 2 years ago

Silly question but how do you start Jukebox mode? I can't find instructions here

#16561 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Silly question but how do you start Jukebox mode? I can't find instructions here

Menu>Settings>System Settings. Scroll down to sound options. Jukebox mode.

#16563 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Menu>Settings>System Settings. Scroll down to sound options. Jukebox mode.

I thought you could turn on JB mode by holding the action & power on? (Or something like that)

#16564 2 years ago

These also donā€™t appear to overlap
[quoted image]

I have Convolux in my 2 pins. For GnR I have the Mix Colur Version installed (see photos); generally yellow and on upper pf the green/red ones. Looks pretty nice these plastics protectors.

One tip: If you looking for other colours or maybe a better shipping from Germany to US, please get in touch with https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
In the online shop there are only clear plastics protectors listed, but you can get all colours you like; itĀ“s the same product as Convolux.
Here are the GnR LE complete setup: https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/fh4VEypRWkOUBj08VgJYrA?catgoryid=23&name=Guns%20N%27%20Roses%20%28Limited%20Edition%29%20%7C%202020%20%7C%20Plastic%20Protectors
IMG_3908 (resized).jpgIMG_3908 (resized).jpgIMG_3909 (resized).jpgIMG_3909 (resized).jpg

Be aware that you need at some places longer posts/srews to install.

#16565 2 years ago

I do like Rush. Heā€™s played in so many good movies [quoted image]

I don't think Rolls is talking about the actor , I think he's talking about the movie

IMG_20211022_215847 (resized).jpgIMG_20211022_215847 (resized).jpg
#16566 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I have Convolux in my 2 pins. For GnR I have the Mix Colur Version installed (see photos); generally yellow and on upper pf the green/red ones. Looks pretty nice these plastics protectors.
One tip: If you looking for other colours or maybe a better shipping from Germany to US, please get in touch with https://www.playfield-protectors.com/
In the online shop there are only clear plastics protectors listed, but you can get all colours you like; itĀ“s the same product as Convolux.
Here are the GnR LE complete setup: https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/fh4VEypRWkOUBj08VgJYrA?catgoryid=23&name=Guns%20N%27%20Roses%20%28Limited%20Edition%29%20%7C%202020%20%7C%20Plastic%20Protectors
[quoted image][quoted image]
Be aware that you need at some places longer posts/srews to install.

Again, while these look nice, they donā€™t provide any protection. Can you show a closeup cuz Iā€™m not seeing any overlap. Here is an example of good overlap. That extra amount takes the hit instead of the original plastic. If the plastic is an exact cutout of the original itā€™s going to share the hit and take damage

5049B4CC-5D37-4389-AD79-EC2B52B2ACF5 (resized).jpeg5049B4CC-5D37-4389-AD79-EC2B52B2ACF5 (resized).jpeg

#16567 2 years ago

Again, while these look nice, they donā€™t provide any protection. Can you show a closeup cuz Iā€™m not seeing any overlap. Here is an example of good overlap. That extra amount takes the hit instead of the original plastic. If the plastic is an exact cutout of the original itā€™s going to share the hit and take damage
[quoted image]

i don't think so, same size of convolux is enouth to mecanicly protect plastics

#16568 2 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

i don't think so, same size of convolux is enouth to mecanicly protect plastics

it is a protection, but okay if you buy overlapping protectors from other suppliers

#16569 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

it is a protection, but okay if you buy overlapping protectors from other suppliers

Can you post a pic showing this? Iā€™d like to see the overlap

#16570 2 years ago

In manual Jukebox Mode, is there a way to stop it without starting a game?

#16571 2 years ago

Update on the group buy for the spotlight upgrade kit.

UPS Tracking shows them delivering to me next week on Monday 10/25!!
I will ship out the following day Tuesday as long as I do receive them Monday!

Original post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/331#post-6559994

Only 2 of 6 slots left! PM me if you are interested.

Added over 3 years ago:

Only 1 spot remaining!!

Added over 2 years ago:

GROUP BUY CLOSED - SLOTS FILLED

#16572 2 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

In manual Jukebox Mode, is there a way to stop it without starting a game?

I believe you just hold the action button for a few seconds to start it, or to stop it.

#16573 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Long night tonight,,,,,, my gnr is bein delivered tomorrow!! Doubt if I'll sleep

Enjoy your day bud - should be Exciting! Happy for ya

#16574 2 years ago

Iā€™m sure itā€™s been ask but what happens when you do a full install of a JJP game on the wrong game ?
Like GNR installed on Dialed in ?

#16575 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Iā€™m sure itā€™s been ask but what happens when you do a full install of a JJP game on the wrong game ?

no idea to be honest and i for one am not gonna test it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16576 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

The logical answer would be a bootup code/machine validation and if fails, it doesnt load, requiring you to re-install the correct image.
Is there a prevention for actually performing GNR on DialedIn ISO install? Like a checksum? maybe, but maybe not since its an .ISO - this I do not know for sure. Only the proper code on the proper machine will actually run, that I am sure of.

#16577 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Unlikely to be even possible, there's a security dongle on the PC. I do not advise trying.

#16578 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

only 12 days to my door, from where I thought on ebay indicated from Argentina, and my keychain arrived yesterday.
Looking forward to a pic of yours hawkmoon77 when you get it installed.
The return Address says: Willemstad, CuraƧao
Willemstad is the capital city of CuraƧao, an island in the southern Caribbean Sea that forms a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Pretty cool.
[quoted image]

Still waiting for mine!

#16579 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

You get a dialed in GnR

#16580 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

You get a dialed in GnR

CFFD8692-D98C-4845-B3AE-DEA5250DAFF8 (resized).jpegCFFD8692-D98C-4845-B3AE-DEA5250DAFF8 (resized).jpeg
#16581 2 years ago

How long did it take you to find that one Chaka?

#16582 2 years ago

Just received my LE after 11 long months and spent the morning setting it up and adding mods Iā€™d been collecting. What an awesome game!!

0DF3F109-F6F5-4408-8CFD-AEB3A6E48FBB (resized).jpeg0DF3F109-F6F5-4408-8CFD-AEB3A6E48FBB (resized).jpegA6AB5345-79B3-4604-A65B-0E301F735EE3 (resized).jpegA6AB5345-79B3-4604-A65B-0E301F735EE3 (resized).jpeg
#16583 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Just received my LE after 11 long months and spent the morning setting it up and adding mods Iā€™d been collecting. What an awesome game!!

I'm drooling. Congrats! Did you order direct or distro?
Order date?

#16584 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm drooling. Congrats! Did you order direct or distro?
Order date?

I ordered from distro 11/20/20. LE #1865, serial 2289.

#16585 2 years ago

Anyone else automatically change the song when Coma appears? I hate the objective of that song. My eye is on the third flipper the whole time trying to hit that coma target and then other balls seem to get in the way. Too frustrating to play that song. Any other songs people avoid? And is Coma one of them?

#16586 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Anyone else automatically change the song when Coma appears? I hate the objective of that song. My eye is on the third flipper the whole time trying to hit that coma target and then other balls seem to get in the way. Too frustrating to play that song. Any other songs people avoid? And is Coma one of them?

I like that song, the coma target comes off a loose right flipper shot at center spinner too. And the light show is excellent.

#16587 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Shooter rod & speaker kit look great!

Welcome!!

#16588 2 years ago

I avoid Civil War, it's too damn hard.

#16589 2 years ago

My favorite GNR song, and yes one of my least favorite song modes in the game.

I usually avoid the three CD songs, because they suck and hurt my ears and heart. Yet the CD album mode is great.

My favorite song in game right now is November Rain, because the ā€œhit anythingā€ structure fits my chimp-flipping style.

#16591 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Shooter rod & speaker kit look great!
Welcome!!

Thanks! I started to install cliffys but only did the shooter eject and drain and at the same time corrected position of autoplunger which was being struck by shooter rod. I have to build some confidence to remove upper playfield for the cliffy scoop and to place some PETGs.

#16592 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I avoid Civil War, it's too damn hard.

When November Rain pops up, I groan. Like the song, but it's LOOOOONG. I think I've only finished it once.

But in general I play what I'm given. Songs I don't really like (or didn't, heh) sometimes have great light shows, especially later in the songs.

#16593 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

How long did it take you to find that one Chaka?

.005 seconds. I have memes in my right & left holsters

#16594 2 years ago

Can you post a pic showing this? Iā€™d like to see the overlap

here are a few examples from above and the side. Don't wonder I have a combined slingshot-outlane stabilizer on it too (clear plastic)

Convo IMG_4123 (resized).jpgConvo IMG_4123 (resized).jpgConvo IMG_4124 (resized).jpgConvo IMG_4124 (resized).jpgConvo IMG_4125 (resized).jpgConvo IMG_4125 (resized).jpgConvo IMG_4126 (resized).jpgConvo IMG_4126 (resized).jpg
#16595 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

I ordered from distro 11/20/20. LE #1865, serial 2289.

Lesson Vespula order from a disto, but you already know

F11660B4-2AA4-40F4-8F8C-8DAF3A6BBE05.gifF11660B4-2AA4-40F4-8F8C-8DAF3A6BBE05.gif
#16596 2 years ago

Lesson Vespula order from a disto, but you already know
[quoted image]

I'm in the same boat as Vespula. Also, lesson learned

Jack said there were about 3K pre-orders already placed by the time I ordered mine, so I'm anxiously watching the serial numbers creep up toward 3,000.

#16597 2 years ago

FYI for those waiting to combine with an order: Pinball Life has airball shields back in stock again...after the first shipment he was out for a bit while USPS played "surprise vacation" with the restock shipment.

#16598 2 years ago

I actually really like the coma mode of alternating shots to the coma target. But itā€™s my least favorite song to listen to so I hardly play it. I would rather play and listen to this I love.

Civil war is tough. But if you get Tshirt + poster patch set, cradle balls on left flipper while nailing loops with the right, it can be very rewarding. Tough as nails to do, but very fun. Not a very good scoring song, but if you can encore into Estranged, that song can bring in a huge jackpot off an encore.

#16599 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

My favorite song in game right now is November Rain, because the ā€œhit anythingā€ structure fits my chimp-flipping style.

This made me chuckle as it described my flipping style perfectly!

Vespula as an FYI I ordered back in October 16 of 2020 from a distributor and just got mine yesterday. Silver lining: the playfield looks immaculate so yours will also look awesome and one less issue to worry about. Hang in thereā€¦

And for anyone on the fence on pinwoofer, I think it is a must have for this pinball! The sound quality it is really night and day plus Dan provides awesome support. I had a few questions while installing it and he was super quick to respond.

#16600 2 years ago

If all goes well tomorrow at the bank, I could very well be the owner of a NIB GNR LE. Fingers crossed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 332 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/332?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.