IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 568.
#16501 2 years ago

My first attempt at BT connection today and found Bluetooth of JBL headphones effortless

Super impressed \m/

20211021_183653 (resized).jpg20211021_183653 (resized).jpg
#16502 2 years ago

Anyone have a solution for left ramp diverter firing erratically ?

#16503 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

My first attempt at BT connection today and found Bluetooth of JBL headphones effortless
Super impressed \m/[quoted image]

How is the sound quality? I found it to be very poor like FM Radio

#16504 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

How is the sound quality? I found it to be very poor like FM Radio

Thanks for asking Chaka
Surprisingly very good
Im a bit of an audio nut and found the quality to be acceptable. I would not say high end, but certainly very good . If I could rate out of 10 I'd give it a solid 7
The JBLs are only low spec. I will try with my flagship Sony's tomorrow and provide feedback.

#16505 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Anyone have a solution for left ramp diverter firing erratically ?

I think you will find that is intentional. It helps reduce the heat on the diverter coil.

#16506 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

I think you will find that is intentional. It helps reduce the heat on the diverter coil.

Oh man, thanks for the answer, but wow that's not what I wanted to hear. Constant banging is driving me nuts. Really puts me off my game

#16507 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh man, thanks for the answer, but wow that's not what I wanted to hear. Constant banging is driving me nuts. Really puts me off my game

(Complete noob here - first pinball ever so forgive me ahead of time if this sounds dumb) Good to hear it is “normal”. Yesterday on my initial plays I kept hearing these random mechanical bangs (specially one that happens after you end your game that sounded like something getting unlocked / metal on metal single bang). I did check the whole playfield to see if the diverted was chewing on the playfield or if anything else with a coil was chewing up the playfield or damaging something but didn’t find anything so I’m assuming it is normal. You should have seen my face the first time I heard that bang!

#16508 2 years ago
Quoted from Mar3nBu:

(Complete noob here - first pinball ever so forgive me ahead of time if this sounds dumb) Good to hear it is “normal”. Yesterday on my initial plays I kept hearing these random mechanical bangs (specially one that happens after you end your game that sounded like something getting unlocked / metal on metal single bang). I did check the whole playfield to see if the diverted was chewing on the playfield or if anything else with a coil was chewing up the playfield or damaging something but didn’t find anything so I’m assuming it is normal. You should have seen my face the first time I heard that bang!

The diverter will go up and down depending on your game progress. It will also react to try to control the temperature of the coil that controls it.

The bang at the end of your game was likely a 'match', where the last digit of your score matches the random number displayed. This awards a replay. Not useful in a free play environment.

#16509 2 years ago

Just a quick note, that I haven't been able to find the Germany based company Pinball Universe GUNS N ROSES PINBALL SPOTLIGHT UPGRADE KIT as they have not been available in the states that I can find, so being out of patience , and little to start with anyway, I went to the trouble (PITA) to order from PU in Germany and added in 6 extra kits to my order to spread out the high shipping costs for others who may also want this kit.

What I discovered was if you ever tried to order from PU in Germany to USA, you will find they dont even do it. USA isnt on the list.... and plus you add the Euro conversion rate and then high shipping costs through proxy will increase again as you have to go through a proxy service to get from PU to USA ... but if you want this kit, PM/DM me. If I am an idiot and there are other methods of getting this elsewhere then feel free to tell me that.

The kits are en route to me from Germany now and once they land (tracking shows 10/25!!) then I will ship them out to the lucky 6 people who got them . Hoping I am not breaking any forum rules here.

$105 flat price for the kit covers the kit below and all the S&H costs to get them from PU in Germany through me and to your door in the USA. Friends and family Paypal preferred, please.

Send me a private message if you want one. Six total will be available and your Paypal payment claim a slot. They are going fast!
You can check current slot availability in the edit section at the bottom of this post!

Quoted from fooflighter:

A little pricey but definitely more robust and stronger than the JJP ones. While I was at it, converted all my servos to EMAX ES 3054's.

https://pu-parts.com/jjp-guns-n-roses-spotlight-pu-upgrade-kit

This Upgrade Kit developed by Pinball Universe fits the Guns N' Roses models Limited Edition (LE) und Collectors Edition (CE) by Jersey Jack Pinball (JJP). It replaces the original spotlight brackets and mechanics with more solid, 3D-printed parts increasing the durability of the device.

This Kit includes the following parts:

2 x Support angle for the servo motor
2 x Spotlight arms
2 x Spotlight bracket (left and Right are different)
4 x Heat shrink tube 5 mm
5 x Cable ties
1 x Rubber band
2021-10-21_9-35-34 (resized).jpg2021-10-21_9-35-34 (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

Updated qty remaining.. only 2 of 6 left!

Added over 3 years ago:

Only 1 spot remaining!!

Added over 2 years ago:

Group buy closed

#16510 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Lower your flippers a tad and you will be nailing that ramp instead of clunking it off the targets

Does this mean

1) flipper power
2) flipper angle (lower towards drain)
3) flipper bushing height

Thanks.

#16511 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Does this mean
1) flipper power
Thanks.

Try lowering the power as that is the easiest to do and see if it solves for the issue.

#16512 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks for asking Chaka
Surprisingly very good
Im a bit of an audio nut and found the quality to be acceptable. I would not say high end, but certainly very good . If I could rate out of 10 I'd give it a solid 7
The JBLs are only low spec. I will try with my flagship Sony's tomorrow and provide feedback.

What about the bluetooth delay? I found it to be around 1/2 a second. For pinball that is simply unacceptable. Let me know if you are able to reconnect just as easily as you paired. That's also been an issue. I've found bluetooth to be very bad, but maybe they improved it.

#16513 2 years ago

dnm (resized).jpgdnm (resized).jpg

INNER LOOP TO RIGHT OUTLANE DRAIN PREVENTION

With about 75% of the inner loop rail drains immediately to the right outlane, regardless of speed or start of the ball location; whether it's the upper playfield slow roll, or a shot that didn't quite make it around the inner loop and comes sailing back around the rail - draining (regardless of all nudging) was becomming frustrating.

I've played with the post position and while moving it closer to the rail provided some temporary relief, it would seem to settle back into a drain pattern.

This little fix seems to have done the trick without modification of the guide rail position and only takes minutes.

Required:

I used a tapered slim transluscent post rubber, you could probably use a thicker straight one (although good luck getting it on the post and it would probably be too bulky for what we're trying to accomplish), but I used the slim taper because: A. It's what I had available lying around B. Thin enough to retain the post groove to retain the shape of the indent to allow positioning of the ring back on the post in the correct position.

This is just a millimeter fix in terms of the amount the ring jutting out into the rail path but it seems to make all the difference in the world without having to bend rails or move the geometry off factory settings.

Steps:

1. Remove the screw with a small narrow driver to get in between the clear left ramp edge and the left return ramp.

2. Place a small drop (and i mean small) of dish soap on the sleeve and work it over the bare post.

3. Wash to remove any soap residue and dry thoroughly before install (a can of compressed air and a little time will do the trick here)

4. Place original ring over post and post rubber

5. Screw back into playfield using your fingers as guides and make sure the post is as closely aligned to the rail as possible and as much of the rubber jutting out into the rail path as possible while keeping the post straight as you screw it back in

6. Admire your awesome work and say goodbye to cheap ball drains for good.

20211021_104257 (resized).jpg20211021_104257 (resized).jpg20211021_105614 (resized).jpg20211021_105614 (resized).jpg

#16514 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Inner loop rail to right outlane insta-drain prevention
This little fix seems to have done the trick without modification of the guide rail position and only takes minutes.

Brilliant, as usual, another key post for you.

#16515 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Brilliant, as usual, another key post for you.

Thanks, hope it works for those with issues. So far so good on mine

#16516 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Does this mean
1) flipper power
Thanks.

Sorry I should have been more clear. Lower the angle a bit (#2). I was bricking a lot of shots, especially during multi ball. After adjusting the angles I am hitting the left ramp much more often and also the orbits. Scores have definitely gone up and games are lasting longer.

Trade off is it will be more difficult to backhand the left ramp for easy patch collection but I accept the trade off. Game is more fun now

#16517 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Sorry I should have been more clear. Lower the angle a bit (#2). I was bricking a lot of shots, especially during multi ball. After adjusting the angles I am hitting the left ramp much more often and also the orbits. Scores have definitely gone up and games are lasting longer.
Trade off is it will be more difficult to backhand the left ramp for easy patch collection but I accept the trade off. Game is more fun now

What about raise the left and lower the right ? I was going to try this tonight just for the hell of it .What’s your thoughts ?

#16518 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

What about raise the left and lower the right ? I was going to try this tonight just for the hell of it .What’s your thoughts ?

I can’t stand to look at flippers that are uneven. But it’s entirely up to you and how you want to enjoy the game. I’ve been able to collect patches more often now because I can hit the ramp with my right flipper.

I am not typically known to play slow and in control. I just go ham on it. Probably why I don’t come close to scores that some people here put up

#16519 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

If I am an idiot and there are other methods of getting this elsewhere then feel free to tell me that.

I got the kit a few weeks ago from Mezel Mods, though it does appear they're currently out of stock.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-pinball/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-spotlight-upgrade-kit

#16520 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I got the kit a few weeks ago from Mezel Mods, though it does appear they're currently out of stock.
https://mezelmods.com/collections/guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-pinball/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-spotlight-upgrade-kit

Correct, and I got tired of waiting, which is why I took matters into my own hands! After all the costs of shipping, this group buy is only ~$20 more per person.
UPS tracking from Germany shows delivery on 10/25 !! Fassssst!

#16521 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

I just added you too!
I'm Tim if anyone wants to add me

Added both of you guys. I’m Galooch if you want to add me.

Can someone chime in again on how Scorbit challenges work?

#16522 2 years ago

Have an inner loop switch 74 entry stuck open and can't find any location reference in manual. could anyone assist and point to the right direction ? Cheers

#16523 2 years ago

Have you guys left your tilt sensitivity to factory normal? I feel like mines a touch sensitive. Like when I’m just jamming in a song and maybe the shaker is shaking I get some extraneous warnings that really cause me to finger tap the machine…

#16524 2 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Have an inner loop switch 74 entry stuck open and can't find any location reference in manual. could anyone assist and point to the right direction

Please go into Tests - Switches - Single Switch. Scroll down to #74, it will be highlighted on the display.

LTG : )

#16525 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go into Tests - Switches - Single Switch. Scroll down to #74, it will be highlighted on the display.

Seems to be an opto location would that be correct ??

FA5A27BE-3F48-4B39-8675-B309D4B2D2BA (resized).jpegFA5A27BE-3F48-4B39-8675-B309D4B2D2BA (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16526 2 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

If that is what is lit for #74, yes.

#16527 2 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed, is #74 an opto on the display with other optos ?

#16528 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed, is #74 an opto on the display with other optos ?

Showing red bad switch but other optos display ok

D5146373-D7B3-42A9-A148-81A8FC60FBD9 (resized).jpegD5146373-D7B3-42A9-A148-81A8FC60FBD9 (resized).jpeg
#16529 2 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Showing red bad switch but other optos display ok

So it is an opto. And isn't working or hasn't been triggered.

Time to investigate is it fell out of it's holder or something else wrong.

#16530 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

So it is an opto. And isn't working or hasn't been triggered.
Time to investigate is it fell out of it's holder or something else wrong.

Removed, cleaned and reset connector associated with opto and success
Ver much appreciate the reply’s and help on this…. Great support
Cheers

02919D21-6130-4C73-8BF2-CE397CDC9630 (resized).jpeg02919D21-6130-4C73-8BF2-CE397CDC9630 (resized).jpeg099E9620-0273-464D-8232-5C72B340EB24 (resized).jpeg099E9620-0273-464D-8232-5C72B340EB24 (resized).jpeg
#16531 2 years ago

Long night tonight,,,,,, my gnr is bein delivered tomorrow!! Doubt if I'll sleep

#16532 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Long night tonight,,,,,, my gnr is bein delivered tomorrow!! Doubt if I'll sleep

Adult Christmas Eve !

#16533 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You must sleep! Cause tomorrow you will not, I guarantee it.

#16534 2 years ago

Pinwoofer, art blades, Mr tantrum flipper toppers already here , still cant find any plastic protectors I like. Any thing out there besides blue or clear?

#16535 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

You must sleep! Cause tomorrow you will not, I guarantee it.

Right.. in addition to collecting stuff like you, I'm also saving vacation days for the big event!

Exciting! Congrats!!

#16536 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pinwoofer, art blades, Mr tantrum flipper toppers already here , still cant find any plastic protectors I like. Any thing out there besides blue or clear?

Red would be nice for the LE & Purple for the CE but nobody is making those colors yet. I just got the clear

#16537 2 years ago

Red would be nice for the LE & Purple for the CE but nobody is making those colors yet. I just got the clear

You said they were too small tho?

#16538 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

You said they were too small tho?

The original full set was. They make a 4 piece that is correct with overlap. Clear for LE looks sold out but the restock often. They have blue

https://mezelmods.com/collections/guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-pinball/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-plastic-protector-set-jjp?variant=32805546360929

#16539 2 years ago

The original full set was. They make a 4 piece that is correct with overlap. Clear for LE looks sold out but the restock often. They have blue
https://mezelmods.com/collections/guns-n-roses-jersey-jack-pinball/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-plastic-protector-set-jjp?variant=32805546360929

Saw those but idk. The blue doesn't seem to jell in my opinion. Maybe I need to see a better pic of them. Anyone?

#16540 2 years ago

Get the clear when it’s back in stock.

#16541 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Added both of you guys. I’m Galooch if you want to add me.
Can someone chime in again on how Scorbit challenges work?

Bumping this… I finally had some time to play tonight and got a pretty good score (well, for me… 19 mil), and I excitedly went through Scorbit trying to figure out how to send a challenge to someone. But I am not smart enough. That or Scorbit thinks trying to challenge with 19m is too pathetic to allow.

#16542 2 years ago

There’s a dedicated Scorbit channel. Jay pops in here once in a while but is active there. He has all the answers

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread

#16543 2 years ago

In other news, in case you want an interesting read, here’s an article discussing Shaq’s involvement in Chinese Democracy. And if it weren’t whacky enough

https://www.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2018-11-28-shaq-jammed-with-guns-n-roses-during-chinese-democracy-sessions/

#16544 2 years ago

Anybody else go from 6 balls to 0 balls after a 6-ball powerchord jackpot?

#16545 2 years ago

I haven’t. But then again I’ve played on a couple test games Better you then me?

#16546 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Bumping this… I finally had some time to play tonight and got a pretty good score (well, for me… 19 mil), and I excitedly went through Scorbit trying to figure out how to send a challenge to someone. But I am not smart enough. That or Scorbit thinks trying to challenge with 19m is too pathetic to allow.

I got a notification that you set a high score somewhere. Congrats!

#16547 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What about the bluetooth delay? I found it to be around 1/2 a second. For pinball that is simply unacceptable. Let me know if you are able to reconnect just as easily as you paired. That's also been an issue. I've found bluetooth to be very bad, but maybe they improved it.

I just connected the Sony X3 and again was super easy. Yes there is delay. I played a couple of songs in Jukebox then a full game. Audio quality was decent and acceptable. Certainly nothing amazing but decent nonetheless.

20211022_124838 (resized).jpg20211022_124838 (resized).jpg
#16548 2 years ago

Tibetan breeze and airball shield ready to install this weekend, thanks Vic.

20211022_122556 (resized).jpg20211022_122556 (resized).jpg
#16549 2 years ago

I connected a pair of Bose Quietcomforts and the sound on everything else has been crystal clear. On this pin it was FM quality. Very strange. No biggie though, as I mentioned I have the cable and can just plug directly into the pin stereo Jack

#16550 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Tibetan breeze and airball shield ready to install this weekend, thanks Vic.
[quoted image]

Large score bump incoming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/331?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.