IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 567.
#1551 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Mate , we were meant to be locked down for 6 weeks , it's been over 3 months now .
But we had one new case today and 0 deaths we're almost beaten this .
It's been hard on everyone especially businesses but with us being sorted out the whole country can open backup .

Until the next case, or the next. “We have the power, you just do as you are told”.

#1552 3 years ago

Just bought the LE! I don’t know much about pinball but I love me some Guns. I’m glad this forum exists because I’ll have a million noob questions for you guys I’m sure. The man cave juts got a massive upgrade!

#1553 3 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

Just bought the LE! I don’t know much about pinball but I love me some Guns. I’m glad this forum exists because I’ll have a million noob questions for you guys I’m sure. The man cave juts got a massive upgrade!

Congrats! A new game is exciting.

One caveat: do not accept delivery until you inspect the playfield on the game before the delivery driver leaves. Refuse delivery if you see defects.

#1554 3 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Congrats! A new game is exciting.
One caveat: do not accept delivery until you inspect the playfield on the game before the delivery driver leaves. Refuse delivery if you see defects.

How does that even work? I've never heard of anyone unpacking the game and inspecting the play field while the driver sits there and waits?

#1555 3 years ago

No way can you do that. Once you take the box, it’s yours.

#1556 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Did Paul give you an indication of when he'll get his first batch to send out?

As he told me I had missed out , I didn't bother to ask but I did hear from someone else that they should be here mid November .

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How does that even work? I've never heard of anyone unpacking the game and inspecting the play field while the driver sits there and waits?

I do it all of the time. I wont sign the paper until I open up the box to inspect. I usually get the same FEDEX driver and he is always interested in what the game looks like. Even if two years pass, he remembers us. I just have everything ready, slice open the box, look it over, make sure the glass is intact and the playfield isn't jacked out of shape in some way, then sign. I don't fully unpackage it and pull off the glass though.

Last time (unfortunate for us), he saved our delivery for last. He was asking all kinds of questions about owning pinball and wanted to find a Donkey Kong arcade. Cool driver.

#1558 3 years ago

RE: song jackpot. Heres an idea:
What if when you finish the song and encore starts, your song jackpot turns into a hurry up that you have to collect at the scoop. Example: you have a 20 million song jp > encore starts > song jackpot starts counting down quick til you collect.

#1559 3 years ago

It already does. It’s just not a hurry up. It’s takes a ton of work to build up a massive one. I’d rather it stay full value.

#1560 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Until the next case, or the next. “We have the power, you just do as you are told”.

Many states over here have had 0 cases for months .
In Victoria where I am we've had over 20,000 cases , down to one new case today .
You can control this if you want .

#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I do it all of the time. I wont sign the paper until I open up the box to inspect. I usually get the same FEDEX driver and he is always interested in what the game looks like. Even if two years pass, he remembers us. I just have everything ready, slice open the box, look it over, make sure the glass is intact and the playfield isn't jacked out of shape in some way, then sign. I don't fully unpackage it and pull off the glass though.

I can see opening the top and looking down the sides to see if theres anything obvious. So if u cut open the box and theres a problem what do u do? Tape it up and send it back with no repercussions? Has this happened to u in the past?

#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It already does. It’s just not a hurry up. It’s takes a ton of work to build up a massive one. I’d rather it stay full value.

Instead of a hurry-up where the value goes down as the time expires, you could have one that raises the value on a 10 second timer. The closer you hit the scoop to "0" the higher the jackpot value. If you miss, you lose everything...

#1563 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yeah, well we've also never heard of manufacturers sending out defective products and expecting buyers to just accept them either.

If you're buying from a distributor, tell them you are not accepting delivery unless the game is defect free.

If you're buying the game direct from JJP and you're dealing with a 3rd party shipper like a moving company, tell them when they contact you to set up the delivery that you will be inspecting the item for defects when it's dropped off. If they refuse to allow you to inspect the game while they wait, then refuse the delivery, ask for a refund on the game, and purchase from a distributor.

Or, take the risk and get a defective game and try to get restitution later through the warranty process. Good luck with that, however.

#1564 3 years ago

I’ve seen that scoop be worth over 25 million before. So you want that value to keep going up after you reach the end of the song? Seems excessive. Haha

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I can see opening the top and looking down the sides to see if theres anything obvious. So if u cut open the box and theres a problem what do u do? Tape it up and send it back with no repercussions? Has this happened to u in the past?

I would if it was something major, yes. I only had one issue. There was a hole in the box, I opened up the box and found the side artwork had a scratch in it. I immediately called my distributor and sent photos to him and he said to keep it and he would get me a new decal, which he did. In that particular case, it's a fixable thing that is way less costly just in shipping charges to handle it this way. I probably wouldn't have sent it back (JJPOTC LE), but there was no way to dispute my claim that it did happen during shipping. I'm not sure if JJP or the distributor recouped the cost of the decal from FEDEX or not.

#1566 3 years ago

Yeah, well we've also never heard of manufacturers sending out defective products and expecting buyers to just accept them either.
If you're buying from a distributor, tell them you are not accepting delivery unless the game is defect free.
If you're buying the game direct from JJP and you're dealing with a 3rd party shipper like a moving company, tell them when they contact you to set up the delivery that you will be inspecting the item for defects when it's dropped off. If they refuse to allow you to inspect the game while they wait, then refuse the delivery, ask for a refund on the game, and purchase from a distributor.
Or, take the risk and get a defective game and try to get restitution later through the warranty process. Good luck with that, however.

I hear what your saying, and agree thats the only recourse. I've purchased many NIB games and this has never really been an option so I'm just wondering if other people actually follow this procedure. I like it if its really an option...

#1567 3 years ago

There have been a few pictures put up of a machine with pooling at helicon brewery , hopefully this is an exception .
https://images.pinside.com/4/fa/4fa77cda8db4f92009f42a6f9c67d2b2a1622aea/resized/large/4fa77cda8db4f92009f42a6f9c67d2b2a1622aea.jpg

#1568 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah sorry not buying a game to see if I like it. Location is fine if they take care of their games. Luckily most do around here.

I know your avatar is the wacky Chevy Chase and I think that's probably his Fletch character,but the way he's holding his finger makes it look like he's getting ready to do a prostate exam?Yikes

#1569 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I would if it was something major, yes. I only had one issue. There was a hole in the box, I opened up the box and found the side artwork had a scratch in it. I immediately called my distributor and sent photos to him and he said to keep it and he would get me a new decal, which he did. In that particular case, it's a fixable thing that is way less costly just in shipping charges to handle it this way. I probably wouldn't have sent it back (JJPOTC LE), but there was no way to dispute my claim that it did happen during shipping. I'm not sure if JJP or the distributor recouped the cost of the decal from FEDEX or not.

Thats a primary example of why I would send back the game, and have them install new decals and send the game back. We all know that the decal cost is far less than the shipping, but its their issue and not mine.

#1570 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats a primary example of why I would send back the game, and have them install new decals and send the game back. We all know that the decal cost is far less than the shipping, but its their issue and not mine.

I have a nephew-in-law that makes those kinds of decals for commercial vehicles and installs them. He was going to come up from Florida with his tools and install it for me but covid got in the way of those plans. Next year.

#1571 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have a nephew-in-law that makes those kinds of decals for commercial vehicles and installs them. He was going to come up from Florida with his tools and install it for me but covid got in the way of those plans. Next year.

Lucky u what I do know is that its a pain in the butt on older games. Maybe these decals are easier to remove/replace because their new? Personally if it were me I'd send it back, because I know I'll never do it.

#1572 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear what your saying, and agree thats the only recourse. I've purchased many NIB games and this has never really been an option so I'm just wondering if other people actually follow this procedure. I like it if its really an option...

Nope.
In UK ....
You certainly cannot expect the courier to hang around whilst you open box! No way!
If you have actually paid for a white glove delivery then you pay extra for the vendor and they will unbox and setup for you but that service is generally reserved for real noobs who don’t know one end of a pin from another.

Anyway, back to courier.....
Even if you have them hang around whilst you unbox, you would feel rushed then potentially sign paperwork and later find damage.....no way, you have then sold yourself down the river.
That’s why in UK you draft up paperwork and get the wording to say “Signed for unopen - Unchecked” also indicate any external damage on the box and get the courier to sign for that also on same paperwork.
Photograph any external package damage and immediately send this to your distributor or vendor along with signed paperwork. You can then unbox at your leisure and thoroughly check over without rushing!
Any discrepancies can then be followed up and dealt with accordingly.
You are covered under consumer law.

#1573 3 years ago

Jersey Jack Pinball’s Guns N Roses Standard Edition Launch Party Stream LIVE TONIGHT! Be there to WIN a bunch of PRIZES, courtesy of JJP!!!

- GNR Signed Upper Playfield
- GNR LE Promotional Translite
- GNR 24x36 Slash Poster
- (5) JJP Mask & Sanitizer Kits

Thanks again to Jersey Jack Pinball, Ken Cromwell, and the Flip N Out Stream Team (Steve Bedi, Bill Webb, & @courtney Bowman)

Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

FBA1483A-942B-459E-A364-0535D54BCAC7 (resized).jpegFBA1483A-942B-459E-A364-0535D54BCAC7 (resized).jpeg
#1574 3 years ago

Can we get the date codes of the games that are pooling/chipping!? - Playfields are date stamped right..

Mirco said a handful of Playfields affected.. so if we can see the production dates on the games - if they are near each other then we have a batch to AVOID at all costs!

#1575 3 years ago

Will the signed upper playfield come with pooling?

#1576 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Last time (unfortunate for us), he saved our delivery for last. He was asking all kinds of questions about owning pinball and wanted to find a Donkey Kong arcade. Cool driver.

How do you inspect the playfield by simply slicing open the box?? The machine is folded up with no legs on it. You have to unpack, attach legs, and raise the head at bare minimum.

#1577 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

How do you inspect the playfield by simply slicing open the box?? The machine is folded up with no legs on it. You have to unpack, attach legs, and raise the head at bare minimum.

More so has there been a Single picture of a game unboxed that had pooling or chipping? Don't think so. That doesn't happen until a few dozen or more games are played and the posts are smacked on. Then any issues show up. Looking at a new in box playfield will yield no value or result.

#1578 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

There have been a few pictures put up of a machine with pooling at helicon brewery , hopefully this is an exception .
https://images.pinside.com/4/fa/4fa77cda8db4f92009f42a6f9c67d2b2a1622aea/resized/large/4fa77cda8db4f92009f42a6f9c67d2b2a1622aea.jpg

I guarantee it is not an exception. JJP has not fixed the issue. How naive are some of you people?

#1579 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

More so has there been a Single picture of a game unboxed that had pooling or chipping? Don't think so. That doesn't happen until a few dozen or more games are played and the posts are smacked on. Then any issues show up. Looking at a new in box playfield will yield no value or result.

It may be too early to tell with GnR, but I distinctly remember a distributor telling me that aged inventory with Wonka had problems right out of the box.

#1580 3 years ago

It may be too early to tell with GnR, but I distinctly remember a distributor telling me that aged inventory with Wonka had problems right out of the box.

Ugh I hate reading these stories. Especially when I am out 10g’s with nothing in hand yet. It’s getting close to Halloween but don’t scare me.

#1581 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Ugh I hate reading these stories. Especially when I am out 10g’s with nothing in hand yet. It’s getting close to Halloween but don’t scare me.

But that's the past, and not likely to happen again. JJP is currently building to order, and demand for GnR is high. I don't think we'll see aged inventory in that title for some time to come. So it's not really an issue at the moment. They still have the ability to stop the line and get ahead of it. At least I THINK they do.

#1582 3 years ago

I spoke with Mirco this morning and he said there are a handful of playfields that didn't pass the quality control. He didn't say why this happened, but all others are reportedly fine with the new process to secure the ink and clear better. He demonstrated this in his recent video at Expo on a Spectrum reproduction playfield (Bally, 1982). I specifically asked about the CEs going into production and was told they are fine, and that all LEs have the same new process as well. Time will tell how they hold up. Melissa at CT told me that her two LEs that have been played extensively are fine. I'll probably wait just to make sure, but this information is encouraging.

#1583 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

he said there are a handful of playfields that didn't pass quality control.

Pardon?

#1584 3 years ago

That's a southern expression MEANING - "What do you mean" ?

Didn't know you guys in CA used that one, lol.

#1585 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

That's a southern expression MEANING - "What do you mean" ?
Didn't know you guys in CA used that one, lol.

We don’t. He’s in San Francisco

#1586 3 years ago

That’s all he said.

#1587 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

We don’t. He’s in San Francisco

I forget that the Bay Area Looks down on California, lol.

#1588 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

That’s all he said.

I can't help but wonder what his statement meant to you when you heard it?

#1589 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Did Paul give you an indication of when he'll get his first batch to send out?

This. When are the LE's hitting the country? I was in on day one and haven't had any confirmation except the receipt for my down payment.

#1590 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I can't help but wonder what his statement mean to you when you heard it?

I'd be speculating, as I didn't think it appropriate to press on the details. He has some new process for the playfields. Is it a different type of ink, or UV lighting to make the clear cure? I don't know and he wouldn't tell me anyhow. I've had a JJPOTCLE playfield with this issue and received a replacement, which went to the new owner. I don't want to do that again. But I've owned a couple of other games with Mirco playfields that are fine. He mentioned that he would post something on this soon.

#1591 3 years ago
Quoted from dts:

all LEs have the same new process as well

This is not a true statement if they were building GnR in July 2019.

#1592 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Doesn’t make much sense. All of the dates I have seen are Sept/October 2020. Maybe a prototype they put on location? Where was the photo taken?

But yeah who knows when the playfields were made for the first batch. Could have been long ago.

#1593 3 years ago

OK- so we know Helicon has a game that is pooling.. can we get a picture of the date stamp?

The other playfield pictures.. where are they coming from?...

#1594 3 years ago

Sounds like a bunch of GnRs have been built and sitting around for maybe a year. Factory relocation + then covid struck...... Guy at Micro then figured out a better design process, builds the new Spectrum playfields. These don’t get used on 1st batch of GnR as too costly to strip down the pins for JJP so they role the dice and let them loose on unsuspecting early adopters!
Only feasible explanation.

#1595 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

That was a PROTOTYPE game. No story here. All games and playfields are from 2020. Eric didn't design and build this in the last month!

#1596 3 years ago

Can someone remind me about the "chatty frank" issue and what the fix is? I'm having a similar issue where drum hits just go crazy until I start a song mode.

#1597 3 years ago

Can someone remind me about the "chatty frank" issue and what the fix is? I'm having a similar issue where drum hits just go crazy until I start a song mode.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/20#post-5909113

#1598 3 years ago

I think it is post 987 on page 20

#1599 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Sounds like a bunch of GnRs have been built and sitting around for maybe a year. Factory relocation + then covid struck...... Guy at Micro then figured out a better design process, builds the new Spectrum playfields. These don’t get used on 1st batch of GnR as too costly to strip down the pins for JJP so they role the dice and let them loose on unsuspecting early adopters!
Only feasible explanation.

In the words of the immortal Leonard Nimoy... it is NOT the only feasible explanation.
Prototype game. Period.

#1600 3 years ago

GNR Standard LIVE NOW + Giveaways from JJP!!!

Twitch.tv/flipnoutpinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/32?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.