IMG_2435.gif
IMG_0331.gif
IMG_2432.gif
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5616 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 562.
#16201 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Sorry to ask but this Scorbit thing, is it display on the machine when you unlock an achievement like Stern or is it phone based only? If it doesn't come up on the machine then im not going to bother with it.

#16202 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

My bad... 16 days... 9/26 order and October 12 arrival. Based on your 10/4 ship date from your screenshot I guess October 20th or 21st for you.
My delivered date hasn't updated but that doesn't surprise me with this international mail.
I did get a notification on my USPS informed delivery with tracking a couple days before arrived.
The seller might be able to give you the actual tracking number. [quoted image][quoted image]

Lots of posts and photos for a $9.99 keychain....

#16203 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I don't understand this post.....

Do you think it's a dumb mod or a worth it mod?

Do you think because it's cheap we shouldn't post about it? Or there are a lot of posts without actually seeing it installed?

Really confused, but the tone of it comes across as suck-ish.

#16204 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'm sorry to have bothered or detracted from your experience on pinside, sir. I hadn't realized my level of participation on this forum was subject to your approval and judgement. Thanks for clearing this up. Please educate me on what is proper or not proper as discussion content, minimum dollar value of mods to be discussed, and the user post frequency you wish to see , and I will do my best to accommodate in the future.

p.s. I move that ALL the Scorbit discussion be banned to the Official Scorbit thread, playfield comments, to the playfield thread, and any questions being asked require proof of searching prior to posting. All in favor? Or should we just ask the frog?

#16205 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm sorry to have bothered or detracted from your experience on pinside, sir. I hadn't realized my level of participation on this forum was subject to your approval and judgement. Thanks for clearing this up. Please educate me on what is proper or not proper as discussion content, minimum dollar value of mods to be discussed, and the user post frequency you wish to see , and I will do my best to accommodate in the future.
p.s. I move that ALL the Scorbit discussion be banned to the Official Scorbit thread, playfield comments, to the playfield thread, and any questions being asked require proof of searching prior to posting. All in favor? Or should we just ask the frog?

Wow. The whole conversation seemed to be better suited for a direct message with just two people discussing tracking on a keychain. You don't agree?

#16206 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Wow. The whole conversation seemed to be better suited for a direct message with just two people discussing tracking on a keychain. You don't agree?

I agree that you think you're king frog. But honestly, that's about it. Here comes the down vote from you... Wait, wait for it, ah...there it is.

#16207 2 years ago

Are the newer pins off the line still having servo issues? Should I get the emax coming?

#16208 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Are the newer pins off the line still having servo issues? Should I get the emax coming?

For what it's worth, my game was a first run LE and I've never had any servo issues with it. I know many people have, but it may not necessarily be related to production date. Maybe, maybe not.

#16209 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I agree that you think you're king frog. But honestly, that's about it. Here comes the down vote from you... Wait, wait for it, ah...there it is.

I'll admit, I read the exchange too quickly and thought Vespula's GNR machine finally shipped, not the keychain

#16210 2 years ago

Hey GNR fans.

Could someone share the Bluetooth headphone model they have successfully got working with GNR and anything special you needed to do?

#16211 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine was made in July and just had a servo failure.
Left spotlight goes left right but not up down.

Based on other owners experience I Stocked extra emax Servos and the pinball universe brackets as figured breakage will happen sooner than later.

#16212 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Hey GNR fans.
Could someone share the Bluetooth headphone model they have successfully got working with GNR and anything special you needed to do?

my Jabra 75 with BT (Business headphone) works very well. My apple pro not.

#16213 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

only 12 days to my door, from where I thought on ebay indicated from Argentina, and my keychain arrived yesterday.
Looking forward to a pic of yours hawkmoon77 when you get it installed.
The return Address says: Willemstad, Curaçao
Willemstad is the capital city of Curaçao, an island in the southern Caribbean Sea that forms a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Pretty cool.
[quoted image]

That’s a very nice Mod Vespula. I’m one of those who likes to have Mods and toys in my games. For instance I love the detail of the revolver in the Data East G’N R … I thought someone was going to build a revolver Mod for this game

#16214 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

my Jabra 75 with BT (Business headphone) works very well. My apple pro not.

I've tried a bunch of other brand BT dongles (including ones that support BT5 in Linux) and still no joy. It may be related to the way the Bluetooth is implemented in GnR. Reading online on people trying to hook airpods to Ubuntu linux installs, if the controller tries BR/EDR (BT4.0) first, it may have a problem connecting with LE (BT5.0). The way around that, according to the online linux forums is to set "ControllerMode = dual" which forces it to try both. Alternatively, it can specifically set it to BT4 or BT5 protocols discretely (if supported by the dongle).

I *believe* the very inexpensive dongle GnR ships with only does BT4, but it would be nice if pinball_keefer would put a case in the code for a Bluetooth Dongle that supports 5.0 so it can connect to airpods (if someone buys and installs a BT5 compatible dongle). OR maybe just have an option on the Bluetooth menu to set it to bluetooth 4 (BR/EDR) or bluetooth 5 (LE) mode manually when you're going to connect. Seems like the code addition would be pretty straightforward. If it's not and there are other considerations, please humiliate me publicly, Keith. You can get in on that action too, @hogbog.

I have a selection of dongles now that support Bluetooth 5 and the airpods to test this if pinball_keefer wants to try it.

Let's get jjGnR working with airpods!

#16215 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Hey GNR fans.

These worked for me. Probably not a lot of people's preference because they are open back and don't have noise cancelling, but they sound amazing and have paired every time without hang ups.

GRADO GW100 v2 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones - Open Back and On Ear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QJ43JY4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_80DP4EZ9W8N9R6MGN5GR

#16216 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Mine was made in July and just had a servo failure.
Left spotlight goes left right but not up down.
Based on other owners experience I Stocked extra emax Servos and the pinball universe brackets as figured breakage will happen sooner than later.

What's the best place to get? I've found on ebay

#16217 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I found them at a local hobby shop called HobbyTown.

#16218 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Mine are finally almost here from Alibaba, but it's been a 6 week wait.

#16219 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I found them at a local hobby shop called HobbyTown.

Hey Derek - I know you have posted about this one before, but if my right spotlight is only going left / right, would it be a bad servo?

#16220 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Hey Derek - I know you have posted about this one before, but if my right spotlight is only going left / right, would it be a bad servo?

Most likely. Each spot has 2 servos, one for each axis.

It sounds like your right spot lost the Y axis servo.

#16221 2 years ago

I'm kind of surprised on the average game times on the audits. It took awhile but upgraded to the 1.23 code a little over 3 weeks ago. (long story).

Anyway it shows almost 7 minutes, and compares to Hobbit at 5 and a half minutes and other JJP games about 4 minutes.

I have a ball save maybe 8 seconds and EB based on scoring. The highest eb scoring setting is 500,000 , if I could I would make that higher.

I'm not complaing but am surprised. Cheers

#16222 2 years ago

Does that spring go on the bottom of the scoop?

3188C354-BA8C-42B9-B228-5579E0329F33 (resized).jpeg3188C354-BA8C-42B9-B228-5579E0329F33 (resized).jpeg

#16223 2 years ago

Any issues with new code before I update?

#16224 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I got mine from Aliexpress. Works like a charm

#16225 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Any issues with new code before I update?

It seems like ball save during the song is much shorter, can someone confirm? I've played a few games post update, and during Paradise City the ball save didn't activate, and during Civil War the ball save seemed much shorter, on both songs I had several balls locked going into the song, which previous to the update seemed to extend the ball save.

#16226 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

It seems like ball save during the song is much shorter, can someone confirm? I've played a few games post update, and during Paradise City the ball save didn't activate, and during Civil War the ball save seemed much shorter, on both songs I had several balls locked going into the song, which previous to the update seemed to extend the ball save.

Did the Dolly "on the road again" callout get deprecated or removed? I don't think I've heard it since 1.25.

#16227 2 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I'm kind of surprised on the average game times on the audits. It took awhile but upgraded to the 1.23 code a little over 3 weeks ago. (long story).
Anyway it shows almost 7 minutes, and compares to Hobbit at 5 and a half minutes and other JJP games about 4 minutes.
I have a ball save maybe 8 seconds and EB based on scoring. The highest eb scoring setting is 500,000 , if I could I would make that higher.
I'm not complaing but am surprised. Cheers

Why not just return it to default settings to bring the game time to closer to the other games. It is a long playing game even on default.

#16228 2 years ago

Look what I got
#2236 ordered 10 weeks ago.

Bud NIB (resized).jpgBud NIB (resized).jpg
#16229 2 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Look what I got
#2236 ordered 10 weeks ago.[quoted image]

Congrats! Not too long to wait either.

#16230 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why not just return it to default settings to bring the game time to closer to the other games. It is a long playing game even on default.

I actually lowered mine to the minimum times and made max add a ball to 3.... the mb were way to long from factory imo

#16231 2 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Look what I got
#2236 ordered 10 weeks ago.[quoted image]

Nicely timed through your distributor.
Congrats!! Let the show begin!

#16232 2 years ago

167 mil song jackpot just went kapoot! Should have cashed out lol

#16233 2 years ago

Prime time Friday night over here!

Bonus points if you can spot what’s ironic with this pic.

004D4151-1994-4CC9-83F2-5B1153BC1BB6.jpeg004D4151-1994-4CC9-83F2-5B1153BC1BB6.jpeg
#16234 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Prime time Friday night over here!

Bonus points if you can spot what’s ironic with this pic.

Blackened whisky is made by Metallica, not GNR. You should get a Metallica pin next.

#16235 2 years ago

I have a little glass rattle that’s coming from the lower right side. It’s almost a buzzing sound. If I put pressure against it then it stops so I’m pretty sure that’s the source of the problem. Any ideas how to resolve? I turned the shaker down but it didn’t seem to help.

#16236 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Hey GNR fans.

I use an over ear pair from Cowin and they work great. Literally just go through the process. Sometimes twice to get it to connect but 9/10 only once.

#16237 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ugh man. Damn. It's the best and worst thing in this game all at the same time!

#16238 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mine are finally almost here from Alibaba, but it's been a 6 week wait.

please let us know how these are once use. Was going to get those first time you recommended but then someone ( perhaps it was zaphX ) mentioned the whole 17g vs 20g difference about them

#16239 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I got mine from Aliexpress. Works like a charm

Could you share a link for which ones you got. Mine are still all good but I like to be prepared

#16240 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did the Dolly "on the road again" callout get deprecated or removed? I don't think I've heard it since 1.25.

It’s still in the code. Just seen it tonight on 1.25.

#16241 2 years ago

I gotta say, I’m starting to get real impressed with the scorbit app. The achievements are really cool and the app is definitely showing signs of positive improvements.

If anyone wants to add me in scorbit:
Steve_SKB

#16242 2 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

It’s still in the code. Just seen it tonight on 1.25.

Yeah, I finally caught it again tonight. Seems to be much less frequently used.

#16243 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Steve_SKB

its_a_trap.gifits_a_trap.gif
#16244 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I gotta say, I’m starting to get real impressed with the scorbit app. The achievements are really cool and the app is definitely showing signs of positive improvements.
Steve_SKB

I sent you an add. I own the game and live pretty close to you. Cool seeing another local pinballer

#16245 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Happy day...just got my new spotlights
JJP and my distro were super fast took less than a week
[quoted image]

My right hand spoltlight stopped working in the x axis.. Ran the spot light test regime and on the 3rd pass the right hand spotlight start smoking...
I'm guessing it is probably safer to unplug the power to this thing so I can keep playing?

Have emailed my Australian distributor to see what their process is. Have only had the machine for a month.

#16246 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Haha, gold !
I have a feeling that SKB gonna slay us all

#16247 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That hurts. My largest evaporating jackpot is 204 million.

#16248 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Could you share a link for which ones you got. Mine are still all good but I like to be prepared

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vcm9cY
There you go

#16249 2 years ago

Anybody start receiving the le art blades yet? Got my topper, but no blades

#16250 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Most likely. Each spot has 2 servos, one for each axis.
It sounds like your right spot lost the Y axis servo.

Ok . How do you change these servos?
Bottom left doesn’t seem accessible. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Disregard. Once you unscrew the top servi the bottom one is accessible ….

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 49.99
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 28,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 562.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/325?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.