IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,348 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 567.
#16151 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Just want to add that an option to see the special new intro every set number of games would be cool too. Example, I'm having a party Saturday and people will be playing it non stop all night. It would be cool for people who don't play the very first game to get to see it.

That's why there should be an option to see it every game and if you don't want to see it , press the action button or both flippers to skip it .

#16152 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's why there should be an option to see it every game and if you don't want to see it , press the action button or both flippers to skip it .

Maybe action button twice or something. Both flippers would kill it for all the newb monkey flippers.

#16153 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Any must have mods? These owner threads are just too long to catch up on quickly.

A very nice mod is this here by Sven, fair price and a great upgrade incl. the drums on the bumper
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-jjp-guns-n-roses-le-ce-ultimate-stage-upgrade-kit

#16154 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I love the modes and think most of them are really fun and neat to play.... however I usually drain quickly and they definitely need to be worth more.

Thereā€™s a simple way to fix this without spending up too many resources, I would think:

1. Album modes: Increase album value as you play more album modes. Example: first album mode worth 1x, second album mode 2x, third album mode 3x, final album mode 4x.

2. Slash Solo: make it stackable with the rest of the game (except songs). Think of how cool would it be to play pyro and lights multiball with a slash solo going. Additionally, the better you do in slash solo adds to your album levels.

#16155 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Take it to the Wonka thread

Lol!
Does the Wonka have flipper fade, magnet heat problems and alleged sensor heat problems too?

#16156 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thanks for the link Jay, but this doesn't really help. This is mostly achievement discovery "after the fact". The achievements available for each game need to be clear so that player knows what to be going for. If there are some wizard mode or unpublished "secret" achievements that is fine so there are no spoilers, but for the most part if the player is able to see the list the their progress the feature will be way more meaningful to them.
How many total achievements are available for GNR? What is my progress towards that end? This type of information should be easily accessible.

I now understand your question, sorry!

While we will never reveal all achievements, because that spoils a ton of the fun as you say, there are two ways you will be able to see what the designers have decided should be exposed to you before you achieve them:

1) If you visit the Profile > Stats > Machine > Achievements, you will see achievements that you've achieved plus any additional achievements that are part of the same "achievement group" that you have not achieved. For example, if there is an achievement to hit multiball 10 times, and you've hit multiball 10 times, you may see the achievements for 50, 100, or 1000 times by viewing that achievement and paging through the others in the GROUP box. This isn't a complete list, and it does require that you've at least hit the lowest level number of the achievement.

2) A feature we are finishing that you will see soon is called the Browse tab. This is the pinball machine in the lower left corner of the app. This is not ready yet, but when you tap that tab, you will get to choose any machine and see various things about it, including achievements (locked or unlocked). You'll find that some won't be seen or some will be in an obscured state (like mystery), but it will not require that you specifically have hit all those achievements.

Also, some achievements associated with the game are not specific to something that happens in the game! Therefore, it's not exactly right to show you those in the context of the machine all the time, and may be invisible to you until you achieve them or someone you follow achieves them.

I hope that makes sense!

#16157 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Both flippers would kill it for all the newb monkey flippers.

You put your money in , and you watch the opening sequence , if it was during Game , I would agree with you the people would be pressing the flippers and would skip it .

#16158 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How about just start The new intro every time You press start And have it cancel it out if you plunge the ball.. that way if you want to wait for it and watch it you can but if you plunge the ball it stops and you just play? Would that work?

#16159 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Lol!
Does the Wonka have flipper fade, magnet heat problems and alleged sensor heat problems too?

As I read your post I just heard the Candyman
Apparently all games have flipper fade , but the games I've had , flipper fade hasn't been an issue .

#16160 2 years ago

I've had a pretty wicked rattle from day 1 every time the shaker goes off. Sounds like the glass, but I can't figure out exactly where it's coming from. I've been ignoring it, but it's getting real old. Has anyone else encountered this and figured out a way to fix it yet?

#16161 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

How about just start The new intro every time You press start And have it cancel it out if you plunge the ball.. that way if you want to wait for it and watch it you can but if you plunge the ball it stops and you just play? Would that work?

I wouldn't involve the start button , once you've started a game and you want to skip any video moments , just press the action or both flippers , plenty of games do that .

#16162 2 years ago

I have a WiFi issue with my Netgear AC2400 wireless router and code updates. I can connect to 5ghz or 2.4gz, Scorbit setup and works, it sees but cannot download updates. I connected it to my cellular share and it does download them, go back to my WiFi and put it in the DMZ even (no protections) and it still behaves the same. My main WiFi security is WPA2-PSK [AES] so I tried a guest network with WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] and both behave the same.
I also changed to an old router and it did the same, could my ISP be blocking this? (Cox cable isp)

Any ideas?

#16163 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Lol!

Definitely has fade. Unfortunately some of the flipper plate clearances are VERY tight (hobbit and jjPotC, too), so I've been working on a solution for them that isn't ready yet.

#16164 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I have a WiFi issue with my Netgear AC2400 wireless router and code updates. I can connect to 5ghz or 2.4gz, Scorbit setup and works, it sees but cannot download updates. I connected it to my cellular share and it does download them, go back to my WiFi and put it in the DMZ even (no protections) and it still behaves the same. My main WiFi security is WPA2-PSK [AES] so I tried a guest network with WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] and both behave the same.
I also changed to an old router and it did the same, could my ISP be blocking this? (Cox cable isp)
Any ideas?

Has to be something in the pin settings I wld think?

#16165 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I've had a pretty wicked rattle from day 1 every time the shaker goes off. Sounds like the glass, but I can't figure out exactly where it's coming from. I've been ignoring it, but it's getting real old. Has anyone else encountered this and figured out a way to fix it yet?

I'd start with some anti-rattle tape on the glass and see if that doesn't fix it.

#16166 2 years ago

I noticed it when I played the demo model , my pinwoofer came with " rattle tape " , stick it to the top side of the glass .

IMG20211015024414 (resized).jpgIMG20211015024414 (resized).jpg
#16167 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd start with some anti-rattle tape on the glass and see if that doesn't fix it.

Quoted from screaminr:

I noticed it when I played the demo model , my pinwoofer came with " rattle tape " , stick it to the top side of the glass .
[quoted image]

Just ordered a pinwoofer kit, so, I'll give the tape a shot. Thanks!

#16168 2 years ago

Make sure you ask for the tape in your order , ( I think it's extra ) Dan is more than happy to help .

#16169 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Has to be something in the pin settings I wld think?

Can't be as connecting to cellular portable wireless works on a different ISP.

#16170 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Make sure you ask for the tape in your order , ( I think it's extra ) Dan is more than happy to help .

Hey screaminr !

We currently supply two 43" strips of tape with each kit which is normally enough. No need to ask when you order. However, we are supply constrained so we don't offer it separately. Tekman used to be the go-to guy for tape so you might check with him.

Hey CoolCatPinball ! You'll get tape. Also, there may be some shaker motor adjustments you can make to calm things down. Counterweight placement, etc., but you'll need to take it apart and assess it yourself (knowing that you are mechanically inclined) or else ask someone who knows more about it than I.

Please report back if you learn something!

#16171 2 years ago

Sorry to ask but this Scorbit thing, is it display on the machine when you unlock an achievement like Stern or is it phone based only? If it doesn't come up on the machine then im not going to bother with it.

#16172 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Sorry to ask but this Scorbit thing, is it display on the machine when you unlock an achievement like Stern or is it phone based only? If it doesn't come up on the machine then im not going to bother with it.

For JJP, It pops up on the screen and make an audio cue. Stern ones are also in the instant info screens.

Another cool thing that Stern does is they show the achievements earned for that ball after it drains. This is a great feature because often you will hear the audio, but not be able to look at the screen to see what you did during play.

#16173 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Can't be as connecting to cellular portable wireless works on a different ISP.

Have you tried connecting the pin via ethernet cable directly to your router?

#16174 2 years ago

Man I forgot had bad the agony of defeat can be on this game. Had max song value at a 30M+ song jackpot drain. Such a great buildup so frustrating!!!!

#16175 2 years ago

Looking for advice please on upgrading the speakers/audio system in a GnR LE. Is it best just to order a kit from Pinwoofer? Or have you gone DIY?

#16176 2 years ago

Pinwoofer all the way.

#16177 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

For JJP, It pops up on the screen and make an audio cue. Stern ones are also in the instant info screens.
Another cool thing that Stern does is they show the achievements earned for that ball after it drains. This is a great feature because often you will hear the audio, but not be able to look at the screen to see what you did during play.

The way Stern does it is much better. I keep hearing the achievement noise but canā€™t look up to see what I got. Pretty annoying.

#16178 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The way Stern does it is much better. I keep hearing the achievement noise but canā€™t look up to see what I got. Pretty annoying.

Precisely why adding the 3rd monitor is so valuable!

7904B235-8F5A-4EAF-B754-D8493BE4C323 (resized).jpeg7904B235-8F5A-4EAF-B754-D8493BE4C323 (resized).jpeg
#16179 2 years ago

You mean why the second monitor should have been put closer in the first place.

#16180 2 years ago

Err, I feel like someone has had an issue where part of one of their hot rails stops lighting. I didnā€™t notice it before yesterday and then figured a reboot would fix it, but my right rail seems to have completely stopped lighting from the ball launch gate down. Left rail and above the gate are good. Did someone hex me?

#16181 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Err, I feel like someone has had an issue where part of one of their hot rails stops lighting. I didnā€™t notice it before yesterday and then figured a reboot would fix it, but my right rail seems to have completely stopped lighting from the ball launch gate down. Left rail and above the gate are good. Did someone hex me?

This happened to me. I opened a case and JJP sent me new LED strip. No issues since.

#16182 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah I get the same.
I don't understand why a clear or release trapped balls would be necessary if a full set of balls is detected in the trough ?

Im guessing it does it iin case the previous player got pissed off and turned the game off before any possible locked balls released on game end, but yeah it should also register in the trough.

#16183 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Precisely why adding the 3rd monitor is so valuable!
[quoted image]

you got the flipper toppers i helped design! sweeeet!

#16184 2 years ago

Is there a setting to turn off some of the high score entries?

Its a pain when daily high score name entry comes up at the end of the game and your score is dogshit. Its annoying and I'm typically not a fan of celebrating mediocrity.

#16185 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

only 12 days to my door, from where I thought on ebay indicated from Argentina, and my keychain arrived yesterday.
Looking forward to a pic of yours hawkmoon77 when you get it installed.
The return Address says: Willemstad, CuraƧao
Willemstad is the capital city of CuraƧao, an island in the southern Caribbean Sea that forms a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
Pretty cool.
[quoted image]

anxiously waiting on mine....

#16186 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Is there a setting to turn off some of the high score entries?
Its a pain when daily high score name entry comes up at the end of the game and your score is dogshit. Its annoying and I'm typically not a fan of celebrating mediocrity.

Yes, you can turn this off in JJP games in settings.

#16187 2 years ago

Yeah first thing I do on a JJP is disable dailies.

#16188 2 years ago

Interesting observation. I too had the initial reaction probably two weeks in. However. Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that the game has settled into its space in the rattle converges to a state of equilibrium where it simply jives with the essence of the game. I think you just go with it my man. When you are effing deep pounding balls and keep the volume at 25 and youā€™re all good. The energy will flow through your veins! This is honestly the greatest gift to mankind from a home experience perspective. I genuinely feel bad for people who donā€™t get this. This game honestly is far and away the greatest pinball game ever created.

#16189 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah first thing I do on a JJP is disable dailies.

The default should be off IMO. No one I know likes them. I can see how they could be useful for a location, though.

#16190 2 years ago

I actually like the daily high scores for 2 reasons
#1 My 6 year old daughter gets her photo taken everyday as she'll never score an actual high score (not yet anyway)
#2 My friends can see who gets the best score when they come over as they also aren't good enough to score an actual score. I have 21 machines and nobody has their initials on them besides me so GNR is a hit that way

#16191 2 years ago

Ordered 9/30

Expected before 11/15

Vespula yours came in 12 days?

Screenshot_20211014-224123_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211014-224123_eBay (resized).jpg
#16192 2 years ago

I wasnā€™t crazy about this pin the first few times I played it but decided to give it a chance in the home environment and picked up an LE this week. I completely changed my mind and am loving it. I think the lighting and noise level of where I previously played really took a lot away from the pin. This is the one game my wife is also having a blast playing, which is a big plus.

#16193 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I wasnā€™t crazy about this pin the first few times I played it

Anything's gonna be a comedown when you're used to being in the driver's seat of the Monday Night Rehabilitation.

#16194 2 years ago

Reposting this for some of the newcomers - it explains the pre-song multiballs and goals, patches, and in-song goals/band frenzy.

#16195 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Reposting this for some of the newcomers - it explains the pre-song multiballs and goals, patches, and in-song goals/band frenzy.

Hey I'm one of those newcomers!! Well, if the shipper will pick it up and ship it. Been sitting at jjp for 2 days now waiting

#16196 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A fine primer, but Iā€™ve watched it already. Surely youā€™ve evolved and are ready to drop new and improved knowledge on those of us who understand what we SHOULD be doing but are brutalized nightly and sleep with our tails betwixt our legs. Unless youā€™re holding it back so you can sit atop my scorebit boards with a smirk. Eh, youā€™ve earned it. Hail ZaphX, Iā€™ll climb my way up to your feet one of these years

#16197 2 years ago

rattle from day 1 every time the shaker goes off. Sounds like the glass, but I can't figure out exactly where it's coming from

Shaker seemed a bit much on medium so I changed it to low and my rattle went away and the effect seems more like a normal shaker

#16198 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Im guessing it does it iin case the previous player got pissed off and turned the game off before any possible locked balls released on game end, but yeah it should also register in the trough.

I'm guessing it's done just to make sure there is nothing up there when they do that little sensor calibration thing on powerup.

#16199 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If you mean their summary report achievement list, I'll be adding that in the future for our games. For now you can always look at the app in between balls to see what you got.

#16200 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Ordered 9/30
Expected before 11/15
Vespula yours came in 12 days?
[quoted image]

My bad... 16 days... 9/26 order and October 12 arrival. Based on your 10/4 ship date from your screenshot I guess October 20th or 21st for you.
My delivered date hasn't updated but that doesn't surprise me with this international mail.
I did get a notification on my USPS informed delivery with tracking a couple days before arrived.
The seller might be able to give you the actual tracking number.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,348 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/324?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.