IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 568.
#16101 2 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Thanks for the report. It was very helpful. This is fixed in version 1.25, available now.
--Ted

I was wondering why mine was showing 1.25. Thanks for the quick fix!

#16102 2 years ago

Poor Ted. First they talkin down my light show now they can’t get enough. I’m thinking of a Mike Jones song “Back Then” rn. Oh Pinside

#16103 2 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Thanks for the report. It was very helpful. This is fixed in version 1.25, available now.
--Ted

Ted; know if slash solo is going to be reworked or polished? Might I suggest making it stackable with everything else in the game (except song start). Patches, boosters, etc…all stackable while slash solo runs. Final slash solo score could also be a good way to incorporate an album level boost.

#16104 2 years ago

What level should the bubble be at?

E26090C4-D14B-46AB-9119-95F2F8A471A4 (resized).jpegE26090C4-D14B-46AB-9119-95F2F8A471A4 (resized).jpeg
#16105 2 years ago

I’m getting balls stuck on the gate after the shooter lane a lot. Is it due to improper pitch?

C7FF4587-96CF-4CF4-997B-DBC32FF1B0E9 (resized).jpegC7FF4587-96CF-4CF4-997B-DBC32FF1B0E9 (resized).jpeg
#16106 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

What level should the bubble be at?

Those aren't that accurate. I use an inclinometer myself.

These articles might help :

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/iphone/index.html

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/iphone2/index.html

LTG : )

#16107 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I’m getting balls stuck on the gate after the shooter lane a lot.

Is the gate itself trapping it ? Not falling down fast enough or getting out of the way on a soft shot ? A tiny drop of oil on the axle on each side where they sit in the frame might help.

#16108 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is the gate itself trapping it ? Not falling down fast enough or getting out of the way on a soft shot ? A tiny drop of oil on the axle on each side where they sit in the frame might help.

Ok I’ll try that, thanks man!

#16109 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

I’m getting balls stuck on the gate after the shooter lane a lot. Is it due to improper pitch?
[quoted image]

May need to raise the gate a bit too. Could of been over tightened or bent during assembly

#16110 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ted; know if slash solo is going to be reworked or polished? Might I suggest making it stackable with everything else in the game (except song start). Patches, boosters, etc…all stackable while slash solo runs. Final slash solo score could also be a good way to incorporate an album level boost.

Without wanting to be negative, Slash solo is the most underwhelming mode for me so far.

I find all other modes to be amazing

So many cool modes

Now if I could just play better

20211010_111304 (resized).jpg20211010_111304 (resized).jpg20211010_111313 (resized).jpg20211010_111313 (resized).jpg
#16111 2 years ago

Where is the list of achievements?

#16112 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:I imagine getting the rights to use it may be an issue since GNR didn't write it. I'm actually surprised they were able to get Live And Let Die into the game for the same reason, I think Slash was able to pull some strings with Paul McCartney.

That’s exactly what happened.
You tube Flipnout GnR first intro video

#16113 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Without wanting to be negative, Slash solo is the most underwhelming mode for me so far.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"66b82c8e4c0285508e06acf7af1a12fb92a64dea-1634168764-1800"};
//]]>

So many cool modes
[quoted image][quoted image]

All modes need tweaking. I find myself always skipping them. They need to score better.

#16114 2 years ago

Duplicate

#16115 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Maybe a flipper code to run it after the fact?

I'd prefer something simple like: Hold the action button while pressing start.

(I haven't received my game yet, so I don't know if this does something like Jukebox mode)

#16116 2 years ago

If you've been playing a while, make sure you do this...it will improve your flipper response and shot accuracy almost immediately if loose.

With so many flips going on, be sure to check your flipper bolt at the plunger, pawl and link connection. This can get loose after a while and start to make your shots sloppy..you may even hear some tinny sounds as the flipper returns to its resting position.

You will need a small wrench for the nut above the linkage and an allen wrench for the bolt below...couple of tight turns and done.

Screenshot 2021-10-13 202147 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-10-13 202147 (resized).jpg
#16117 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

So many cool modes

Could be worse lol, I've played over 100 games on mine and yet to reach Tour Multiball or Slash Solo.
I must suck really bad

#16118 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Then one of them dropped back onto the playfield and SDTM. Which is when the sound turned off, flippers stopped responding but everything else carried on as if I was playing the song. The other ball remained in its lock position and there was no ball search.

This happened to me one time exactly how you described and it was right after a code update so I thought it was a glitch - but there actually was a ball stuck up by the pop bumpers under the drumstick ramp. Can’t say that’s for sure what happened to you but it’s worth an extra good look over.

#16119 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Quoted from RA77:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"ea3054f2d576aba06b70d7073094e66d7dd2444e-1634178851-1800"};
//]]>

So many cool modes

Slash solo is something we should be able to skip like the other modes. Plus it's the least of all modes. I've actually just held the ball and let it time out before.

Could it be updated to skip it like the album modes?

Also, what's different in 1.25? I just did 1.24 yesterday.

#16120 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Slash solo is something we should be able to skip like the other modes. Plus it's the least of all modes. I've actually just held the ball and let it time out before.

1.25 fixes a bug that causes the game to crash when using Scorbit

#16121 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

1.25 fixes a bug that causes the game to crash when using Scorbit

Yikes. I better get on that one!

#16122 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Yikes. I better get on that one!

Only takes about 30 seconds to update. Love WIFI updating!

#16123 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

U can skip modes?

#16124 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U can skip modes?

Yessir! If you hold the action button while an album mode is available. After about 3 second it will disable the album mode and you can go about playing.

I think this is what a lot of ppl do. The album modes don't score nearly enough to be worth it. I normally lose a ball during them, and don't get badly the amount of points as a song would get me usually.

Id be willing to bet a scoring update will be in the (near) future to even it out.

#16125 2 years ago

So I got my mylar rings.

I have (at least) 2 posts that are showing pooling again.

Should I iron them down and then put the mylar rings on? Does it matter? Will these help with that/ the pooling?

I know, I need to get the bw posts and bigger t nuts....

#16126 2 years ago

WiFi update is awesome for sure..

#16127 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just curious after the game boots up and comes to life anyone get a loud solenoid sound? almost like a knocker or an electric solenoid being fired. Its only on start ups and happens once, It everyone time and i cannot isolate where it's coming from.
I asked tech support and they have no idea

Not but I have multiple loud thud sounds through my speakers and sub. Terrible noise!.

#16128 2 years ago

First JJP eh? Hobbit is worse. There's a guy on the Hobbit owners thread made a board to delay the amp from starting until boot, stops it if it annoys you. i just turn it on and walk away.

#16130 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

First JJP eh? Hobbit is worse. There's a guy on the Hobbit owners thread made a board to delay the amp from starting until boot, stops it if it annoys you. i just turn it on and walk away.

Link? Can't find it.

Edit : t h ink this is the one https://pinballmods.co/jersey-jack-pinball-mods/jjp-startup-pop-eliminator-device

#16131 2 years ago

Jeez, don't think he wanted that much for them when he developed them. Not sure if it's the same guy mate sorry. I thought it was a dumb idea as it doesn't bother me. I have Williams that go off like gunshots when you turn them on.

If you search key posts in the Hobbit owners forum it should pop up.

#16132 2 years ago

That game start intro is sick! Love it.

Super cool on the CE where the back box and bottom lights join in on the fun too. Wow!

JJP may have the worst customer service and management in the entire pinball industry, but at least their software team knows how to do their job. Nice work.

#16133 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Yessir! If you hold the action button while an album mode is available. After about 3 second it will disable the album mode and you can go about playing.
I think this is what a lot of ppl do. The album modes don't score nearly enough to be worth it. I normally lose a ball during them, and don't get badly the amount of points as a song would get me usually.
Id be willing to bet a scoring update will be in the (near) future to even it out.

I love the modes and think most of them are really fun and neat to play.... however I usually drain quickly and they definitely need to be worth more.

#16134 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just curious after the game boots up and comes to life anyone get a loud solenoid sound? almost like a knocker or an electric solenoid being fired. Its only on start ups and happens once, It everyone time and i cannot isolate where it's coming from.
I asked tech support and they have no idea

The up posts on the guitar neck reset on start up to release any trapped balls that may be there. That would be the coil firing off that you hear.

#16135 2 years ago

If my game has been sitting powered on for a couple of hours the sensor light/switches on the ball launch skill shot start playing up. I have to go in and manually calibrate them in the menu - bit of a PIA. Anyone else?

#16136 2 years ago

I want to add a spotlight to axl similar to what someone on here did previously. However instead of always illuminated I wanted to tap into the gi, so it changes colours with the game play. Someone with more expirperience can probably point me in the right direction of a suitable led/light. Looks like it has 4 or 5 wires connected. Thanks

#16137 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If my game has been sitting powered on for a couple of hours the sensor light/switches on the ball launch skill shot start playing up. I have to go in and manually calibrate them in the menu - bit of a PIA. Anyone else?

Yeah, still weird things here and there.

I'm still feeling like the magnet temp problems are at least in part related to some buggy code. I had a game tonight where the game was over and done, I was entering the high score and the magnet temp kept rising (I was watching it in real time) with no balls on the playfield when it shouldn't have even had "magnet sense" power (if that is what they're doing). Rose 5 degrees after the game was done and over WITH a fan cooling it. Probably would have been double or triple that without the fan. Something weird is going on with the magnet I think is related to code issues. I've seen the same behavior with the ball in the shooter lane waiting to launch, but this is the first time I've observed it when the game was OVER. Hopefully this gives pinball_keefer some ideas on where to look for buggy code related to the magnet...

This was on 1.25, BTW. But it's been the same behavior on 1.23, 1.24, and now 1.25, so probably been there for a while.

#16138 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The “Chaka Process"… has been only for the small fraction, and short wait, of only the short period of the sum of no more than 4 extremely long months ... so far, from what we can see

so, you opened it? are u gonna keep it? I think its a keeper!!!

so much game for the money; especially if you're one of the lucky ones who ordered at the $9500 price point! I am one of the lucky ones!!! totally stoked!

#16139 2 years ago

Not yet. Most likely tomorrow or the weekend. I need several hours to bulletproof it then I’m gonna connect Scorbit and whoop Rolls-Royce - it might be the only reason I’m unboxing it

#16140 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

This happened to me one time exactly how you described and it was right after a code update so I thought it was a glitch - but there actually was a ball stuck up by the pop bumpers under the drumstick ramp. Can’t say that’s for sure what happened to you but it’s worth an extra good look over.

Nope they’re all aligned in the trough. No ball searching, game starts, but no ball comes out. I’ll try making a new video today when I’m home

#16141 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yep, same here
Gunners sensors don't like the heat.
Also my game play gets sluggish after about 40 minutes, mainly flippers lose what little snappiness they have. Fade
Also a new ball will auto launch when it should wait for me to get a beer. Never happens in first 30 minutes, perhaps the game is trying to tell me something, lol.That sucks.
Anyway when my game is cool its very happy. When it gets hot it gets the shits
Spring here now and my ambient room temperature is only about 20 degrees c or 68f
I hope as PinMonk has mentioned that code can correct some of the heat craziness.
So yeah my game is awesome but getting hot appears to be a problem. Luckily I only play for up to an hour at a time. First 30min great, second 30min not so great.
Pinmonk fans are on the way and I guess this will help.
Edit, I forgot to add, my left catwalk diverter coil fires more at random after the game heats up. Guessing its all sensor related ?

#16142 2 years ago

Officially joined the club yesterday with LE #1613. Build date of 9/21.

Bought from Jason at Classic Game Rooms here in Atlanta, picked up in person, always a great experience!

Didn't get to play it much, but a couple of early observations:
1) The wifi code update is great! Very simple to connect to my wifi, and then I found the 1.25 update waiting. Took maybe 30 seconds to download and install.
2) I put the leg levelers all the way down on all 4 legs. Seems to play a little floaty this way, so I will accurately level it later today and maybe raise the back legs up a bit.
3) The sounds is not good at all for a music pin! Very tinny. This is straight out of the box and maybe it can be tweaked. I will be adding an external subwoofer but I think this game may be in need of the Pinwoofer solution.
4) I did raise the playfield to look for fallen parts. Didn't find any.
5) Looks like this game has all the factory washers in place, just as others have reported. I did buy the PBL kit and have it on hand if needed.
6) I seem to be getting balls stuck by the right pop bumper. It's possible that it is not working at all, or if it is, it's not very sensitive. More testing of that will be done today when I have more time.

All in all I am very pleased with this game, which makes a nice contrast to the Iron Maiden sitting next to it.

#16143 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The up posts on the guitar neck reset on start up to release any trapped balls that may be there. That would be the coil firing off that you hear.

Yeah I get the same.
I don't understand why a clear or release trapped balls would be necessary if a full set of balls is detected in the trough ?

#16144 2 years ago

Any must have mods? These owner threads are just too long to catch up on quickly.

#16145 2 years ago

Thanks for the link Jay, but this doesn't really help. This is mostly achievement discovery "after the fact". The achievements available for each game need to be clear so that player knows what to be going for. If there are some wizard mode or unpublished "secret" achievements that is fine so there are no spoilers, but for the most part if the player is able to see the list the their progress the feature will be way more meaningful to them.

How many total achievements are available for GNR? What is my progress towards that end? This type of information should be easily accessible.

#16146 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I’d say give them another play if you haven’t recently. I’m not sure if or when the scoring was updated, but my high score on desert demo is ~6 million, thirst for carnage is ~4.5 million, tear down is ~4 million.

The only one I really suck at or don’t know how to play is shall we play a game as my high score on that one is ~300k.

#16147 2 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Any must have mods? These owner threads are just too long to catch up on quickly.

Everyones definition of "must have" is different. I have the Lior shooter skull and action button surround and I think they are fantastic. For me the only "must" is PinWoofer. Unfortunately the sound system in the game is terrible. An external sub helps but it doesn't really improve the bad mid and high sound quality.

#16148 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yep, same here
Gunners sensors don't like the heat.
Also my game play gets sluggish after about 40 minutes, mainly flippers lose what little snappiness they have. Fade
Also a new ball will auto launch when it should wait for me to get a beer. Never happens in first 30 minutes, perhaps the game is trying to tell me something, lol.That sucks.
Anyway when my game is cool its very happy. When it gets hot it gets the shits
Spring here now and my ambient room temperature is only about 20 degrees c or 68f
I hope as PinMonk has mentioned that code can correct some of the heat craziness.
So yeah my game is awesome but getting hot appears to be a problem. Luckily I only play for up to an hour at a time. First 30min great, second 30min not so great.
Pinmonk fans are on the way and I guess this will help.
Edit, I forgot to add, my left catwalk diverter coil fires more at random after the game heats up. Guessing its all sensor related ?

Hey, PinMonk
Alright everybody
Gather around, the PinMonk is here
Now what kind of mod d'ya want?
Sweet Tibetan Breeze fans, airball drain barriers, Nylon washers?
Anything you want!
You've come to the right man, because the PinMonk can!

Who can take a GNR (who can take a GNR )
Sprinkle it with air (sprinkle it with air)
Cover it with coolness from a mod here and there?

The PinMonk can (the Pinmonk can)
Oh, the PinMonk can (the Pinmonk can)
The PinMonk can 'cause he mixes it with air
And makes the temps feel good (makes the temps feel good)

#16149 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hey, PinMonk
Alright everybody
Gather around, the PinMonk is here
Now what kind of mod d'ya want?
Sweet Tibetan Breeze fans, airball drain barriers, Nylon washers?
Anything you want!
You've come to the right man, because the PinMonk can!
Who can take a GNR (who can take a GNR )
Sprinkle it with air (sprinkle it with air)
Cover it with coolness from a mod here and there?
The PinMonk can (the Pinmonk can)
Oh, the PinMonk can (the Pinmonk can)
The PinMonk can 'cause he mixes it with air
And makes the temps feel good (makes the temps feel good)

Take it to the Wonka thread

#16150 2 years ago

Just want to add that an option to see the special new intro every set number of games would be cool too. Example, I'm having a party Saturday and people will be playing it non stop all night. It would be cool for people who don't play the very first game to get to see it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/323 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.