IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 566.
#15951 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I always start with Fender (must have before 1st song), then T-Shirt & Poster, Vader, Duff, Marshall & Gibson (xtra Ball), Melissa, Gun

I start with Fender on ball 1, followed by the other vendor patches if possible before the 1st song.

#15952 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I know this has probably come up time and time again and I'm sure the answer probably changes as people learn more strategy. But what patches do you guys prioritize getting at the start of a game? What are the best patches and patch combos to work towards as you get started?
I'm a novice player (at best). My best score is about 5.1 million, so I need all the help I can get!

Top 3 patches for me in order are:
1. Fender
2. Duff skull
3. Vader

After that, it comes down to preference.

EDIT - Just the tip: after collecting Fender > 5 button hits brings you to Duff. Collect that then go back one (left flipper + button) to get Vader.

Option 1: T-Shirt + Poster patches are a set that slows the crowd meter down. Helps with not getting boo’d off stage, reaching encore’s on songs, but more importantly allows you to play more controlled and trap up.

Option 2: more scoring patches. These would be song specific patches to boost score level, drumsticks for super jets, melissas candy tour item. NOTE: The gun and rose patches are set to increase welcome to the jungle and paradise city.

Option 3: get the (2) remainder sponsor patches. Fender and Vader (listed above) are the first two. Get all 4 to light extra ball. Plus, getting Gibson qualifies slash for songs rest of the game so easier to relight songs.

Option 4: get the album patches. The set increases album scoring modes. But more importantly, it could make some easier, especially use your illusion II - it’s a must have patch to break down the wall.

Option 5: horns, lights, amp firecracker. Admittedly, I don’t typically go for these. But the set allows you to play booster multiballs as many times as you want before going into a song. The theory with this set would be getting it early on and just continue playing booster multiballs until you get a ton more patches. A lot of work, which could be painful if you game over before starting a song, but could have huge pay offs. In the end, my opinion is a little too much effort for the risk/reward involved. But definitely something fun to try time to time.

Option 6: have fun and sample all sorts of nifty strategies. Like bra and panties (that’s always fun) lol.

#15953 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Top 3 patches for me in order are:
1. Fender
2. Duff skull
3. Vader
After that, it comes down to preference.
EDIT - Just the tip: after collecting Fender > 5 button hits brings you to Duff. Collect that then go back one (left flipper + button) to get Vader.
Option 1: T-Shirt + Poster patches are a set that slows the crowd meter down. Helps with not getting boo’d off stage, reaching encore’s on songs, but more importantly allows you to play more controlled and trap up.
Option 2: more scoring patches. These would be song specific patches to boost score level, drumsticks for super jets, melissas candy tour item. NOTE: The gun and rose patches are set to increase welcome to the jungle and paradise city.
Option 3: get the (2) remainder sponsor patches. Fender and Vader (listed above) are the first two. Get all 4 to light extra ball. Plus, getting Gibson qualifies slash for songs rest of the game so easier to relight songs.
Option 4: get the album patches. The set increases album scoring modes. But more importantly, it could make some easier, especially use your illusion II - it’s a must have patch to break down the wall.
Option 5: horns, lights, amp firecracker. Admittedly, I don’t typically go for these. But the set allows you to play booster multiballs as many times as you want before going into a song. The theory with this set would be getting it early on and just continue playing booster multiballs until you get a ton more patches. A lot of work, which could be painful if you game over before starting a song, but could have huge pay offs. In the end, my opinion is a little too much effort for the risk/reward involved. But definitely something fun to try time to time.
Option 6: have fun and sample all sorts of nifty strategies. Like bra and panties (that’s always fun) lol.

Gun says "increase all patches scoring" doesn't it? I always go Vader, duff (bc they are in order) then super jets usually and gun. Fender also.

#15954 2 years ago

But it depends on if I want to go for a specific song or if slush solo gets lit. It's is an album mode gets lit and I want to go for that album patch. Like you said the wall is much easier with the patch.

#15955 2 years ago

Sounds like a code update will be dropping for GNR tomorrow that adds and or enhances ScoreBit support. The Facebook post below is from this afternoon after JJP posted a video about achievements with ScoreBit. Hopefully the code update adds some new gameplay related items as well.

Screenshot_20211011-170517_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211011-170517_Chrome (resized).jpg

#15956 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like a code update will be dropping for GNR tomorrow that adds and or enhances ScoreBit support. The Facebook post below is from this afternoon after JJP posted a video about achievements with ScoreBit. Hopefully the code update adds some new gameplay related items as well.
[quoted image]

yup. I can confirm since this is my facebook post.

#15957 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Gun says "increase all patches scoring" doesn't it? I always go Vader, duff (bc they are in order) then super jets usually and gun. Fender also.

Duff could technically be first in order if you’re left brained and holding the left flipper toggling through patches

Gun increases all scoring, yes. But if you get the gun and rose, it gives you a set which the set increases scoring for both welcome to the jungle and paradise city. If I’m in the mood for one of those songs (which is often), I’ll go fender > gun > rose > Duff > Vader.

Another reason I put Duff before Vader is in case I start a song before collecting both, collecting Duff is harder than Izzy when it’s lit for frenzy.

#15958 2 years ago

I have 2 GNR LE’s in stock and ready to ship. PM if interested. (Official JJP distributor based out of Michigan)

#15959 2 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

I have 2 GNR LE’s in stock and ready to ship. PM if interested.

First $11,000 gets one!

#15960 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Duff could technically be first in order if you’re left brained and holding the left flipper toggling through patches
Gun increases all scoring, yes. But if you get the gun and rose, it gives you a set which the set increases scoring for both welcome to the jungle and paradise city. If I’m in the mood for one of those songs (which is often), I’ll go fender > gun > rose > Duff > Vader.
Another reason I put Duff before Vader is in case I start a song before collecting both, collecting Duff is harder than Izzy when it’s lit for frenzy.

I thought I knew how frenzy worked but the more I play the less I think I know.

Also.... Does the Vader and Duff patches spot them or just increase their scoring?

#15961 2 years ago

Ah yes! Getting gun and Rose makes sense. And I do like playing those songs very frequently

#15962 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I thought I knew how frenzy worked but the more I play the less I think I know.
Also.... Does the Vader and Duff patches spot them or just increase their scoring?

It spots them on the revolver during all songs for remainder of game. Even when band frenzy ends, they will be spotted again.

#15963 2 years ago

I have 2 GNR LE’s in stock and ready to ship. PM if interested. (Official JJP distributor based out of Michigan)

What do you think about that @vespula? Still think that production has not caught up? Ask you distro how long it will take to get one if you order today.

#15964 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:What do you think about that Vespula? Still think that production has not caught up? Ask you distro how long it will take to get one if you order today.

Just means the distributor is good at their job and ordered more than they needed months ago mate.

#15965 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It spots them on the revolver during all songs for remainder of game. Even when band frenzy ends, they will be spotted again.

So does fender spot a member before or during a song?

#15966 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Hmmm, maybe I should unbox it now

#15967 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So does fender spot a member before or during a song?

Fender makes it so when an active member (one not collected) is lit on the revolver for band frenzy; that making their shot will not only spot that member on the frenzy revolver, but spot one additional member. So you basically spot 2 members in one shot. Spotting all 7 members starts frenzy.

Best way to learn about band frenzy is keeping an eye on the revolver inserts or revolver in bottom right Corner of the the display, and recognize which members are spotted and which are not. And when a member not spotted is active (insert pulsing), watch how the revolver spots work when you hit that members’ shot. Hopefully that makes sense. It’s pretty simple and I’m a little tired so may be making it sounding more confusing than it is

There is a way to spot 3 members in one shot. I’ve hinted, and even said how to do this in previous posts. But I’ll leave it as a mystery a later time now

#15968 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

….Chaka… the time has come brother ….

Chaka!!!!…. Chaka please brother! (resized).jpegChaka!!!!…. Chaka please brother! (resized).jpeg
#15969 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I had the same exact screw fall onto my Wonka playfield. It was out of the diverter solenoid left of the gobstopper, it is on the bottom of the solenoid where you can see it. The diverter allows the ball to go into the left return lane or diverts it to drop into the upper left flipper. Hopes this help, My G&R shows up next week

You've done well, its from the right ramp diverter. Thanks to DougAUS11 and pinballaddicted as well.

#15970 2 years ago

The GnR patch says : lite special, but where is it to collect once pach collected?

#15971 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That I did know, But they've been pretty organized and releasing numbers that are within a few hundred of each other. To see a license plate that's 1,000 below the current plates being shipped raised my curiosity.. like maybe they found a misplaced box somewhere...These are the things that keep me up at night

maybe your game was a refurbished returned game. best look closely upon opening it. examine everything, and playtest the hell out of it. I hope it goes well; if it has already happened and I'm late to the party, then congrats!

#15972 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

….Chaka… the time has come brother ….
[quoted image]

I have to admit, once I found out LE owners can whoop CE owners on the same Scorbit board i knew it was time

#15973 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

That drop flap was my favorite simple engineering feat ever… until one time four balls came flying out and crashed everywhere. What has happened (I believe) is that when the balls have been stopped by the flap in the past, they eventually bent the flap a little so it no longer swings freely. So it got stuck open and the balls were free to explore. Luckily nothing was destroyed and now I know to manually move the flap before I lift the PF. It sticks in place and works fine like that. I just have to remember to move it back open before putting the glass back in.
So keep an eye on those, make sure they’re still swinging freely before you lift the PF with abandon!

I still cant trust the ball stopper flappy doodle that JJP installed on wonka and GNR. the games are too precious to risk a steel ball crushing something when the PF is lifted. better safe than sorry. honestly, it is scary to even prop the pf up for maintenance at all; I have a strange nightmare that it will come crashing down, wrecking the bottom side hardware. does anyone else fear the same disaster, despite the odds being slim to none that it will ever happen?

I guess I'm a worrier...

Hog

#15974 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

First $11,000 gets one!

Don't forget SHIPPING! GNR is a heavy game. no less than $375-500

maybe Godzilla has free shipping, but no chance for JJP games, unfortunately, forever

#15975 2 years ago

have you been hoarding a GNR LE new in box? why? are you considering flipping it? just curious

#15976 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

Don't forget SHIPPING! GNR is a heavy game. no less than $375-500
maybe Godzilla has free shipping, but no chance for JJP games, unfortunately, forever

Huh? Mine didn't have additional shipping tacked on. I don't think I've ever paid additional for shipping for a JJP NIB game.

#15977 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Huh? Mine didn't have additional shipping tacked on. I don't think I've ever paid additional for shipping for a JJP NIB game.

Jen Guarneri emailed me and said they NEVER provide free shipping. so maybe a distro threw it in to boost sales. the cheapest I've got on shippinng was $250 for wonka from the Pinball Company (Nick Parks reluctantly accepted my offer at that rate). all other distros quoted me more than $350 to ship wonka. if you got free shipping on GNR, you SCORED BIG TIME! more money in your pocket, especially after the price increase caused all our games to appreciate by $1500 overnight. LOL

#15978 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

You've done well, its from the right ramp diverter. Thanks to DougAUS11 and pinballaddicted as well.

Pic for reference All…

6629BB96-40EA-4974-AE9C-5310F6321C6A (resized).jpeg6629BB96-40EA-4974-AE9C-5310F6321C6A (resized).jpeg
#15979 2 years ago

Jen Guarneri emailed me and said they NEVER provide free shipping. so maybe a distro threw it in to boost sales. the cheapest I've got on shippinng was $250 for wonka from the Pinball Company (Nick Parks reluctantly accepted my offer at that rate). all other distros quoted me more than $350 to ship wonka. if you got free shipping on GNR, you SCORED BIG TIME! more money in your pocket, especially after the price increase caused all our games to appreciate by $1500 overnight. LOL

Try automated (pinballs.com). But there are a bunch of dists that include JJP shipping AFAIK.

I've never ordered from JJP direct and always use distributors, so I don't know JJP's policy, but you can get better deals than what you've been doing.

#15980 2 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

The GnR patch says : lite special, but where is it to collect once pach collected?

According to Eric Meunier its the right outlane. Not specified on the playfield.

#15981 2 years ago

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

What do you think about that Vespula? Still think that production has not caught up? Ask you distro how long it will take to get one if you order today.

Did abelelectronics tell you what their JJP order date was for those 2? See if you can get that missing info.

#15982 2 years ago

Quoted from PinMonk:

Try automated (pinballs.com). But there are a bunch of dists that include JJP shipping AFAIK.
I've never ordered from JJP direct and always use distributors, so I don't know JJP's policy, but you can get better deals than what you've been doing.

I am direct and SO extra...

extra cost for shipping,
extra margin for JJP,
extra wait for game.

Be extra, go direct!

#15983 2 years ago

I have to admit, once I found out LE owners can whoop CE owners on the same Scorbit board i knew it was time

The LE owners have the advantage , we're not blinded by all that glitter

#15984 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

you leave our glitter alone!
glitter.gifglitter.gif

#15985 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You got all the sweet hookups! GNR was my first NIB game—I called seven distributors and landed on Mike at Automated because he reduced the price by the credit card fee he would have paid since I wired the money direct…. but nobody I talked to gave me free shipping!

#15986 2 years ago

Quoted from screaminr:

Quoted from bemmett:

you leave our glitter alone!
[quoted image]

Hahahahaha lol

#15987 2 years ago

Can someone post a picture of their upper pf vuk where ball exits?

I’m still having an issue where ball will get hung up on screw and rubber snubbers.

Works fine in test though, will kick ball up and down bass ramp.

#15988 2 years ago

In the new update, the Big Game Start Effect is fucking awesome lol!!!

#15989 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Cool! Will have to download it soon, new change log is up on the JJP site.

At this point are there any modes that are missing or modes that are incomplete?

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#15990 2 years ago

This feels like sarcasm.
Hoping to see someone post a Youtube ..

#15991 2 years ago

have you been hoarding a GNR LE new in box? why? are you considering flipping it? just curious

The “Chaka Process"… has been only for the small fraction, and short wait, of only the short period of the sum of no more than 4 extremely long months ... so far, from what we can see

#15992 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This feels like sarcasm.
Hoping to see someone post a Youtube ..

Nope I actually like it, I'll post a video of the intro one sec.

HD is still processing:

#15993 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

You got all the sweet hookups! GNR was my first NIB game—I called seven distributors and landed on Mike at Automated because he reduced the price by the credit card fee he would have paid since I wired the money direct…. but nobody I talked to gave me free shipping!

Maybe that's how I came out even. I also wire payment. Dunno.

#15994 2 years ago

HD is still processing:

My game is on the way so please excuse this question, but what is the big game that this is from? A wizard mode? Thx, looks great!!!

#15995 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My game is on the way so please excuse this question, but what is the big game that this is from? A wizard mode? Thx, looks great!!!

Nope, that's now the intro once you hit the start button they introduce the band now which is awesome and looking back it's something that was missing that fits in perfect.

#15996 2 years ago

HD is still processing:

You are right. No sarcasm.
Very creative and love it... looks just like the concert is about to start!

Thanks for the video. (love the new cockatiel call outs too )

#15997 2 years ago

I would love to see knocking on heavens door added in future update, GNR’s version rocks!

#15998 2 years ago

Wow just did update and the new start game sequence is amazing

#15999 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I would love to see knocking on heavens door added in future update, GNR’s version rocks!

I imagine getting the rights to use it may be an issue since GNR didn't write it. I'm actually surprised they were able to get Live And Let Die into the game for the same reason, I think Slash was able to pull some strings with Paul McCartney.

#16000 2 years ago

WOW!!! The new start intro effects are awesome!!! Can’t wait to get my LE (hopefully it happens this week). Thanks DeathHimself for the video

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 11,000.00
8,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 566.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/320 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.