IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,352 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 568.
#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Will your playfield move to the right? Check if it is centered in the box or to one side.

#1502 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if the drumsticks are not level

#1503 3 years ago

I don't have a game to check. Maybe someone else can help.

The drumstick should maybe be a little closer to the cabinet side.

Please put a tape measure next to yours and post distance here, so others can check.

LTG : )

#1504 3 years ago

Here’s a pic of the spacing on mine

476F3448-F131-4332-A255-816BA2FE564B (resized).jpeg476F3448-F131-4332-A255-816BA2FE564B (resized).jpeg
#1505 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Here’s a pic of the spacing on mine

Yours looks a little closer to the cabinet wall.

I wonder if the screws can be loosened and the two drumstick assembly moved to the right ?

CoolCatPinball check the screws carefully. If locknuts below them, it would be a bigger job to move them to the right.

I don't have a game to check for you. Sorry.

#1506 3 years ago

I played my friends LE today and not once was there a issue with the drum sticks. Ball rolled perfectly down them. Every single time.

#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I played my friends LE today and not once was there a issue with the drum sticks. Ball rolled perfectly down them. Every single time.

u mean aside from all the wear and tear

#1508 3 years ago

Just had my best game so far (26m+ jackpot on Paradise City; doesn't quite make up for my epic "lost" jackpot from last week, but: takes the sting away a bit). Anyway, riding that high thought I'd take a minute and document the primary bonus from the different patches.

Would love to add to this with known combos as more owners get their hands on games and start experimenting. Send me pm's if you discover any and I'll edit this post accordingly:

(in no particular order):
-Guitar Pick: Slash Solo qualifying + 2 spins per spinner hit
-GN'R Lies AlbuM: Unlock Patience
-Sunglasses: Advance tour cities
-Marshall (sponsor): Easier to light stage completion shot in Slash solo
-Appetite for Destruction album: Power hit meter starts half full in Thirst for Carnage
-Lights: Increased combo time
-Use Your Illusion II album: Cannon can wrap around in Tear Down the Wall
-Bandana: Increase J.A.M. hurry up timer
-Horn Hand: +2 shots lit for Make Some Noise
-Airplane: Live and Let Die scoring increase
-Frank's Drumsticks: Super jets
-Lighter: Album sales scoring increased
-Melissa's Candy: Spot Melissa's tour item
-Semi Truck: You Could Be Mine scoring increase
-Chinese Democracy Album: +1 shot streak break protection in Shall We Play A Game?
-Firecracker: Easier action button jackpot hotspot in Ignite the Flames
-Rose: Axl Rose spotted rest of game
-Axl's Mic Fuzzy: Better scoring increase
-Slash's Top Hat: Slash Solo qualifying scoring increase
-Gun: Increase all patches scoring
-Bra: Increase skill shot scoring
-Amp: Increase hurry up time for Turn It Up
-Use Your Illusion I album: increased scoring for Desert Demolition
-IV Bag: Time increase for Coma mode
-Train: Nightrain scoring increase
-Underwear: Advance Coma qualifying
-Fender (sponsor): Active band member shots made spot another member
-T-shirt: Additional bonus item the rest of the game
-EKG: Ball saver time increase for Coma multiball
-Condom: Rocket Queen scoring increase
-Gibson (sponsor): Slash spotted rest of the game
-Poster: Time increase for On the Road modes
-Vater (sponsor): Frank spot and increase scoring in songs rest of the game
-Duff Skull: Duff spot and increase scoring in songs rest of the game

GNR Jackpot (resized).jpgGNR Jackpot (resized).jpg
#1509 3 years ago

SUCCESS!! While checking the screws that secure the brackets to the playfield, I pulled and felt/heard a pop noise. Not a bad one. It seems the upper bracket that holds the drumsticks was bound up under a plastic which was pulling the sticks away from the cabinet wall. Once I freed the bracket, the ball now cannot rest against the wall. Hard to see, but heres a pic.

Screenshot_20201022-214504_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201022-214504_Gallery (resized).jpg
#1510 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

u mean aside from all the wear and tear

I know u are kidding because there was ZERO wear. Not at the post nor VUK.

#1511 3 years ago

SUCCESS!! While checking the screws that secure the brackets to the playfield, I pulled and felt/heard a pop noise. Not a bad one. It seems the upper bracket that holds the drumsticks was bound up under a plastic which was pulling the sticks away from the cabinet wall. Once I freed the bracket, the ball now cannot rest against the wall. Hard to see, but heres a pic.

Excellent.

I just checked. And the three screws could be loosened or removed. According to page 103 in the manual. No nuts below. Not necessary now.

drums (resized).jpgdrums (resized).jpg
#1512 3 years ago

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone!

#1513 3 years ago

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone!

Glad you can now enjoy your game. And huge thank you for posting what you found to fix it !

#1514 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. And funny enough, they will all look like this.
I hope we don’t get bored of this layout being used on every game. [quoted image]

Didnt know Spectrum had no outlanes. Can you lose the ball in another way other than the centre drain? Such a trippy game - whoever designed it was definitely on acid.

#1515 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Didnt know Spectrum had no outlanes. Can you lose the ball in another way other than the centre drain? Such a trippy game - whoever designed it was definitely on acid.

Center drain only. That plunges the ball too. Also the slings are just static plastic. Very weird.

#1516 3 years ago

Ok, another rules question. When in song mode any you're building your jackpot but you finish your song and get an encode song, what happens to the jackpot you had built up? I've not noticed. Does it keep building? Auto collect?

#1517 3 years ago

Ok, another rules question. When in song mode any you're building your jackpot but you finish your song and get an encode song, what happens to the jackpot you had built up? I've not noticed. Does it keep building? Auto collect?

You have a short period of time to collect at the saucer. If you don’t collect it, I believe you miss out on the points and do not get encore. But maybe I’m wrong and you just miss out on the points.

When you get encore the flippers die and the cool encore animations start, then the next song on that album starts right away.

#1518 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have a short period of time to collect at the saucer. If you don’t collect it, I believe you miss out on the points and do not get encore. But maybe I’m wrong and you just miss out on the points.
When you get encore the flippers die and the cool encore animations start, then the next song on that album starts right away.

I know the flippers die pretty much immediately when the song ends, and the game goes into the encore animations. So, yeah, what happens to my jackpot? I'm totally unaware how that works. Sure would be nice if it kept building, but I don't think it does.

#1519 3 years ago

No way it keeps building. You have a short time to hit the scoop at the end to collect. Sounds like encore only requires you to make it through the song, and doesn’t require the jackpot collect.

Your boosters carry over though, so that’s the most important thing.

#1520 3 years ago

The one we played on location last weekend did this everytime on that shot

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

#1521 3 years ago

Playfield is at 7°, definitely level left to right. I did up the flipper power by 3 on each flipper to help alleviate the floaty weak flipper feel. But it wasn't that big of a boost. Let me go place a ball in there and take a pic. Be right back.

Up by 3?? I have mine over 7 and only went up 1... lower your flippers. Problem will solve itself.

Edit: I see you sticks had a bracket issue.

#1522 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Well you don’t come up with stuff like that after a cup of coffee

#1523 3 years ago

Has anybody already installed mirror blades? Or is it light overkill?

#1524 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No way it keeps building. You have a short time to hit the scoop at the end to collect. Sounds like encore only requires you to make it through the song, and doesn’t require the jackpot collect.
Your boosters carry over though, so that’s the most important thing.

This is correct. If you don't hit the scoop before the end of the song you will lose the jackpot. If your rockit meter is maxed out you will get encore and the song level carries over to the next song.

#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is correct. If you don't hit the scoop before the end of the song you will lose the jackpot. If your rockit meter is maxed out you will get encore and the song level carries over to the next song.

Well, that kind of sucks. That's incentive to not finish the song if you have a high enough jackpot built up. It should auto collect as a bonus for finishing.

#1526 3 years ago

What happens when you are in a song MB and the song ends? During MB you have no chance to collect the song jackpot.

#1527 3 years ago

Well, that kind of sucks. That's incentive to not finish the song if you have a high enough jackpot built up. It should auto collect as a bonus for finishing.

Completely agree with this statement. It seems there is no incentive to make it to the end of a song. Though if you scored the jackpot automatically at the end of a song then I would assume all the short songs would get played first

#1528 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

What happens when you are in a song MB and the song ends? During MB you have no chance to collect the song jackpot.

Exactly, that's what we're discussing now. Auto collect at end of song would be a great code change. Or even better, carry the bonus over to the encore song and keep building.

#1529 3 years ago

I spoke to the OZ distributor today .
He's about 15 minutes up the road and has a demo I can play . The only problem is , we are still in Lock down but hopefully that will change after Sunday .
If it all looks good I will pull the trigger .
I've missed out on the first batch but the next lot should come around January- February .
That might be for the best , as it will give me time to sell a pin and maybe they will sort out any issues it might have .

#1530 3 years ago

You have the album score level incentive to play the song as long as possible and cash out. People are focused on the 3 minute rule but additional 3 minute increments lead to higher album scoring.

#1531 3 years ago

Found this interesting from another thread. Appears some early models were produced in Jersey almost 1.5 years ago. Perhaps these were the ones with the PF issues?

JJP GnR (resized).jpgJJP GnR (resized).jpg
#1532 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

The PinWoofer solution is by far the easiest solution, delivering superior audio with perfect all-internal integration!

Love the PinWoofer product in my other machines! I'll need to install it in my CE ... whenever it lands

#1533 3 years ago

I played the GnR yesterday for a longer time. I had the impression that the flipper fingers are quite weak even being one or two points higher than factory. We raised the power until close to max., which increased the power a bit, but far away from the more direct feel of Stern flipper fingers. Getting up the left ramp is just ok, but sometimes a real pain due to missing power, at least after some gameplay.

Is that just my impression or do you recognize the same issue?

#1534 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Found this interesting from another thread. Appears some early models were produced in Jersey almost 1.5 years ago. Perhaps these were the ones with the PF issues?
[quoted image]

WTF?? Really? Sure that's not photoshopped?

#1535 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I played the GnR yesterday for a longer time. I had the impression that the flipper fingers are quite weak even being one or two points higher than factory. We raised the power until close to max., which increased the power a bit, but far away from the more direct feel of Stern flipper fingers. Getting up the left ramp is just ok, but sometimes a real pain due to missing power, at least after some gameplay.

Sounds to me like something is wrong. I turned my flippers up 3 points, and they're plenty strong to make all the shots no problem.

#1536 3 years ago

Possible a proto or do they not label prototypes?

#1537 3 years ago

The jackpot gets so big it should never be a gimmie. The saucer shot is a gimmie enough.

Adds to the stress and reward.

#1538 3 years ago

Not sure .. posted in another thread on Pinside. Found it interesting. Not sure if prototypes/samples have SN assigned?

#1539 3 years ago

Believe that's a prototype g @r..

#1540 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Have played on location twice, flippers definitely feel sluggish compared to Stern games.

#1541 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

He's about 15 minutes up the road and has a demo I can play . The only problem is , we are still in Lock down but hopefully that will change after Sunday .
I've missed out on the first batch but the next lot should come around January- February .
That might be for the best , as it will give me time to sell a pin and maybe they will sort out any issues it might have .

You ever wonder why something that was supposed to last a couple of weeks has lasted almost the entire year?

#1542 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You ever wonder why something that was supposed to last a couple of weeks has lasted almost the entire year?

Mate , we were meant to be locked down for 6 weeks , it's been over 3 months now .
But we had one new case today and 0 deaths we're almost beaten this .
It's been hard on everyone especially businesses but with us being sorted out the whole country can open backup .

#1543 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Have played on location twice, flippers definitely feel sluggish compared to Stern games.

Location is a terrible place to judge the refinement of a game. Just say’n

#1544 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Did Paul give you an indication of when he'll get his first batch to send out?

#1545 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Unfortunately it's the only option sometimes.

#1546 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yeah sorry not buying a game to see if I like it. Location is fine if they take care of their games. Luckily most do around here.

#1547 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah sorry not buying a game to see if I like it. Location is fine if they take care of their games. Luckily most do around here.

I didn’t say you can’t experience a game on location. But you can’t judge refinement on a location game.

#1548 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

There are a handful of Stern games at the same location, presumably with more plays - they feel snappy and quick enough in comparison.

#1549 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

There are a handful of Stern games at the same location, presumably with more plays - they feel snappy and quick in comparison.

#1550 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

There are a handful of Stern games at the same location, presumably with more plays - they feel snappy and quick enough in comparison.

If you can see settings and can be sure mechs are all operating 100%, that’s one thing. But there’s too many factors that can make one game feel different than another. Especially when it comes to power.

Maintenance matters, but so does setup

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,352 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/31?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.