image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 568.
#15801 2 years ago

LE #1546 Just Delivered! Now waiting until tonight when a few friends can help me get it to the basement.

Thanks to all who have posted, can’t wait to dive into this. I have the following mods:
Air Ball
Tibetan Breeze
PinWoofer (very pumped for this)
Robot Eye

Q:
Can I use Ninja Chrome Balls? Or is there a better option?

For those tracking:
I purchased Jan 2021 through a distributor. Been patiently waiting as many others…

This was technically my first pinball purchase (new or used) but also got AIQ Premium during the wait. First JJP and still consider myself a newbie. This will be my first setup.
Cheers!

#15802 2 years ago
Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

LE #1546 Just Delivered! Now waiting until tonight when a few friends can help me get it to the basement.
Thanks to all who have posted, can’t wait to dive into this. I have the following mods:
Air Ball
Tibetan Breeze
PinWoofer (very pumped for this)
Robot Eye
Q:
Can I use Ninja Chrome Balls? Or is there a better option?
For those tracking:
I purchased Jan 2021 through a distributor. Been patiently waiting as many others…
This was technically my first pinball purchase (new or used) but also got AIQ Premium during the wait. First JJP and still consider myself a newbie. This will be my first setup.
Cheers!

I have dropped ninjas into a few GNR's and had no issues. Only one magnet in this game so should be fine. Monitor for any evidence of magnetism and switch them out if required. Enjoy!!!

#15803 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

So, I'm having a bit of an issue using Scorebit. When I scan the QR code it keeps me as Player One instead of putting in my display name (Batey). My pal's Wonka will substitute the Player # with the scorebit display name.
Can any owners confirm if this is the same with their GnR? Thanks!

In settings for the app you can change it to auto claim the slot with your name and auto save high scores.

#15804 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Has anyone ever successfully paired Apple Air Pod Pros? The game sees mine, but never actually connects.

I have, but it took me a couple of attempts each time.

#15805 2 years ago

LE #1546 Just Delivered!

You mean #2546?

1546 would have been delivered months ago.

#15806 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That packaging is a few dollars, tops, in quantity. So what it adds in customer perception of value is worth way more than dropping the price of a $500 item $2.

Okay then. The hell with this over priced plastic!!!!

#15807 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You mean #2546?
1546 would have been delivered months ago.

Not a typo … I was very surprised as well as I’ve been watching the numbers. It is 1546 tho. I’m now worried it may be the older play field.

#15808 2 years ago

In addition to worrying about getting the dang thing in basement, and then setting up by myself…

#15809 2 years ago

Not a typo … I was very surprised as well as I’ve been watching the numbers. It is 1546 tho. I’m now worried it may be the older play field.

The number on the serial number sticker (inside left of the cabinet, on the back of the backbox, and on the delivery box) is the "real" number for the machine. The LE numbers on the plate have little relationship to assembly order. What's your serial number?

For example, my LE plate says 2587, but my serial number ends in 2061. Built the end of Sept. 2061 is the "real" number for build order.

#15810 2 years ago

You'll know. It will have the plastic black washer treatment. Don't worry about it You're going to love it! Maybe somebody found a license plate that was overlooked got wedged between some magazines in the bathroom or something.
You got this, you know what to do! To quote pinmonk..

#15811 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The number on the serial number sticker is the "real" number for the machine. The LE numbers on the plate have little relationship to assembly order. What's your serial number?
For example, my LE plate says 2587, but my serial number ends in 2061. Built the end of Sept. 2061 is the "real" number for build order.

I read your post three times and I'm still lost. How does 2061 correlate to the end of September?

#15812 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You'll know. It will have the plastic black washer treatment. Don't worry about it You're going to love it! Maybe somebody found a license plate that was overlooked got wedged between some magazines in the bathroom or something.
You got this, you know what to do! To quote pinmonk..

Thanks guys (both of you!) a bit of just freak out moment where I start to worry about everything. I appreciate all you’ve done on the board and the vote of confidence!

I don’t know serial number yet, haven’t opened. Once I get it down and set I’ll report back haha. But on that note, where do I find serial number?

#15813 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I read your post three times and I'm still lost. How does 2061 correlate to the end of September?

After heavy meditation in the Tibetan hills, I think what you're saying is you're born on date is 9/21 And the serial number ends in 2061 which doesn't indicate anything other than a build number in that month of the Born on date.
Man I make things so difficult sometimes! Thanks PinMonk

#15814 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

After heavy meditation in the Tibetan hills, I think what you're saying is you're born on date is 9/21 And the serial number ends in 2061 which doesn't indicate anything other than a build number in that month of the Born on date.
Man I make things so difficult sometimes! Thanks PinMonk

the LE numbers are not in the same sequence as the production/serial numbers.
They have a box where they pick out the LE plates.

#15815 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

That I did know, But they've been pretty organized and releasing numbers that are within a few hundred of each other. To see a license plate that's 1,000 below the current plates being shipped raised my curiosity.. like maybe they found a misplaced box somewhere...These are the things that keep me up at night

#15816 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That I did know, But they've been pretty organized and releasing numbers that are within a few hundred of each other. To see a license plate that's 1,000 below the current plates being shipped raised my curiosity.. like maybe they found a misplaced box somewhere...These are the things that keep me up at night

this is indeed strange, but can be an old found plate, a return, an irreparable transport damage...

#15817 2 years ago

There really needs to be a way to opt out of a song. As getting mystery spotted additional band members and auto starting song is very frustrating when not ready. Same as mystery start song. Maybe it's as simple as hitting the action button when the song starts and having an option along with song selection to cancel start song.

#15818 2 years ago

I don’t know serial number yet, haven’t opened. Once I get it down and set I’ll report back haha. But on that note, where do I find serial number?

Game number 188, serial 052….
You can find this on the outside box too…

5639D753-ACEA-46EF-9B00-33349ADD63E0 (resized).jpeg5639D753-ACEA-46EF-9B00-33349ADD63E0 (resized).jpeg

#15819 2 years ago

So been doing some initial testing on the magnet coil and I don't have any results, but a weird initial discovery is that the temp is steadily increasing when the magnet isn't even in use (as a magnet). All I can guess is they're feeding it low level current as a magnet sense function to detect the balls? But it doesn't seem like that should be enough current to move the needle on temp anywhere near as fast as I'm seeing. Still more testing to do, but that's the initial report.

#15820 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Not sure if this helps with anything but mine has a born on date of 9/21 and my Serial is 2441

#15821 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Not sure if this helps with anything but mine has a born on date of 9/21 and my Serial is 2441

Serial number on your machine or serial number on your LE plate?

#15822 2 years ago

It's a machine. It was built, not born.

#15823 2 years ago

I dont care if it's built or born. I just recieved a message from distributor that mine will ship tomorrow or Monday. First jjp, cant wait!!!

#15824 2 years ago

As per PinMonk recommendation, I put some red bolt protectors on.

20211007_120252 (resized).jpg20211007_120252 (resized).jpg
#15825 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I dont care if it's built or born. I just recieved a message from distributor that mine will ship tomorrow or Monday. First jjp, cant wait!!!

Hell yeah! Excited for you. Played it the past couple weekends and it definitely is a fun game. The immersion is awesome - Great playfield, Big screen, big sound, and incredible lighting. Seriously the whole package looks beautiful. I think you’ll love it. Plays a tad softer than my sterns if that makes any sense. Next in line for me to buy soon.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15826 2 years ago

Approaching 700 plays on my LE now.

Just replaced the factory balls which were getting a few spots on them. You can see the spots where the yellow micro fiber cloth reflects onto the balls.

Did a fresh wax job and tightened the record, the posts and etc all still look great and the fresh wax made it nice and wicked fast again.

Also added nylon washers day one out of the box, but went with black, and also put them on the leg levelers.

9872620B-9627-4DC9-9354-0EA1864DB798 (resized).jpeg9872620B-9627-4DC9-9354-0EA1864DB798 (resized).jpegE214A356-A01A-48F5-9EC6-D1F8056EA593 (resized).jpegE214A356-A01A-48F5-9EC6-D1F8056EA593 (resized).jpeg
8C1FD557-94EB-474E-B64D-75247FF3CAAE (resized).jpeg8C1FD557-94EB-474E-B64D-75247FF3CAAE (resized).jpeg

#15827 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

As per PinMonk recommendation, I put some red bolt protectors on.[quoted image]

I did too and have the same Dayne Henry print framed

#15828 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Looks good and it will keep the powdercoating from getting chewed up. I'll have natural white and also black ones in the pinmonk store shortly, and then colors. I didn't realize most people weren't doing this, and it really helps.

#15829 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Cool, imma doin red too.. glad to see it.. black looks good too, I went back and forth before deciding stealth red.
Also I ordered a set of these cabinet protectors shown below in red.. I probably should have asked the forum first in case I wasted 15 bucks. Anyone used these?
Screenshot_20211007-204055_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211007-204055_Chrome (resized).jpg

#15830 2 years ago

Does GNR already have the metal stock protectors?

#15831 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

There really needs to be a way to opt out of a song. As getting mystery spotted additional band members and auto starting song is very frustrating when not ready. Same as mystery start song. Maybe it's as simple as hitting the action button when the song starts and having an option along with song selection to cancel start song.

Don’t hit the scoop. Hit the scoop early pay the price. That’s why you have FreePlay

#15832 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Cool, imma doin red too.. glad to see it.. black looks good too, I went back and forth before deciding stealth red.
Also I ordered a set of these cabinet protectors shown below in red.. I probably should have asked the forum first in case I wasted 15 bucks. Anyone used these?
[quoted image]

Not necessary on JJP machines. They have the metal standoffs already installed on the cabinet corners.

#15833 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not necessary on JJP machines. They have the metal standoffs already installed on the cabinet corners.

Rats. I knew I should have looked before I jumped. .
It was a PBL Charity donation. Yeah, that was it.
Anyone want them?

#15834 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

[quoted image]

With the risk of causing wrinkles in the cabinet decal I would be hesitant to add these. I think my legs have felt protectors that came with the game. I could be wrong

#15835 2 years ago

Another continuity error for pinball_keefer on GnR current build. On the leaderboards, etc "Double Talkin’ Jive" is correct, but on the screen after a game if it shows up there in the black text with the yellow keyline, the apostrophe is missing, so it's "Talkin" instead of "Talkin'"

#15836 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

With the risk of causing wrinkles in the cabinet decal I would be hesitant to add these. I think my legs have felt protectors that came with the game. I could be wrong

That's a good point. I recall this felt question now... From the following post... Gotta love the search function!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/248#post-6387976

#15837 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They also come with felt so I don't think those cabinet protectors are necessary on JJP games.

#15838 2 years ago

My left spotlight has stopped moving on the X-axis. I haven't attempted much disassembly much because as far as I know, the X-axis movement is directly connected to the servo with no linkage arm to get broken. When I do the spotlight test, the light will slightly attempt to turn left/right and even shake a little bit. So I thought maybe the motor was just bad.

However when I take a closer look, I can see the cogs of the gear for the servo. Is this normal? Looking at this picture would you say the bracket has come loose from the servo? I Can see the screw holding it together appears to be intact. Does this look like everything is sitting correctly or does it need to be disassembled and tightened up?

20211008_012710 (resized).jpg20211008_012710 (resized).jpg
#15839 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

They Kurts ones?
put my black ones on yesterday. Was surprised they fit, but fit they did.
Wasn't so bad, i'd been putting it off for more than 6 months.

Yep , thanks for letting me know about these .
I like how he includes the tape , not sure about the funky Flipper rubbers though

IMG20211008175317 (resized).jpgIMG20211008175317 (resized).jpg
#15840 2 years ago

Is there a trick to adjusting the spotlight aim?

My left spotlight aims slightly low and ive tried loosening the screw to center and retighten and it seems to go right back to aiming low.

#15841 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

My left spotlight has stopped moving on the X-axis. I haven't attempted much disassembly much because as far as I know, the X-axis movement is directly connected to the servo with no linkage arm to get broken. When I do the spotlight test, the light will slightly attempt to turn left/right and even shake a little bit. So I thought maybe the motor was just bad.
However when I take a closer look, I can see the cogs of the gear for the servo. Is this normal? Looking at this picture would you say the bracket has come loose from the servo? I Can see the screw holding it together appears to be intact. Does this look like everything is sitting correctly or does it need to be disassembled and tightened up? [quoted image]

Replace the servo.

#15842 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My left spotlight aims slightly low and ive tried loosening the screw to center and retighten and it seems to go right back to aiming low.

You need to make sure the servo is centered when you screw it in, and try not to cause rotation while screwing it in.

I will admit that it's a fiddly process that requires a few tries to get it dialed in just right.

#15843 2 years ago

Finally in the club! September build

32851177-4B47-42B6-A38D-2AE0D6EC5156 (resized).jpeg32851177-4B47-42B6-A38D-2AE0D6EC5156 (resized).jpeg
#15844 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You need to make sure the servo is centered when you screw it in, and try not to cause rotation while screwing it in.
I will admit that it's a fiddly process that requires a few tries to get it dialed in just right.

Ok I’ll give it another try.

I’m assuming you want to do this with game powered off?

#15845 2 years ago

The GNR art fits in quite well with my Halloween decorations.

7435CA86-2635-42C5-959F-3087A8C83D90.jpeg7435CA86-2635-42C5-959F-3087A8C83D90.jpeg
#15846 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Ok I’ll give it another try.
I’m assuming you want to do this with game powered off?

Well, I did it by going into device test for spotlights and selecting the opposite_ spot which puts your active spot servos at X/Y center.

I've since learned a potentially easier way is boot the game to attract mode (both spot servos are now centered) and power off.

#15847 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, I did it by going into device test for spotlights and selecting the opposite_ spot which puts your active spot servos at X/Y center.
I've since learned a potentially easier way is boot the game to attract mode (both spot servos are now centered) and power off.

Thanks

#15848 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Replace the servo.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I don't think it looks difficult to do.

My machine is only 2 weeks old. I also will need one other part. One of the plastic lenses from the lighting truss above the stage has fallen off. One of the little plastic tabs that holds it on is broken so I'll need to get one of these as well.

For these types of parts should I be contacting JJP directly (through their support form)? Or should I be going through my distro? (Player1 in Canada)

#15849 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Ultimately the granularity of these things is pretty coarse, between the servo positioning, and the "teeth" on the servo drive and the plastic it fits into. And then just to make things goofier, the left and right spotlights are mounted 180 degrees spun around from each other. So if you're trying to get the left and right spots pointing in *precisely* the same vertical direction, you're probably going to end up frustrated.

#15850 2 years ago

Ok so as I stated earlier, my Apple Air Pod Pros won't connect by bluetooth. Annoying, but no big deal. I just tried plugging in headphones and they will not work either. I tried 2 different plug-in headphones and neither will output sound. The games speakers shut off when I plug them in and the volume button says I'm controlling the headphone volume, but no sound comes through my headphones.

Anyone else experience this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,400 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,386 posts in this topic. You are on page 317 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/317?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.