IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 569.
#15751 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

And the drum head?

Blink-182

#15752 2 years ago

Ok been searching and searching... who knows how many b/w posts needed to buy? Using this has been discussed plenty of times before but seems there isn't a searchable answer to how many to

12? 17?

This is the one I'm referring to
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base.html

Thanks

#15753 2 years ago

Has anyone ever successfully paired Apple Air Pod Pros? The game sees mine, but never actually connects.

#15754 2 years ago

Ah. Travis is legit!

#15755 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Has anyone ever successfully paired Apple Air Pod Pros? The game sees mine, but never actually connects.

I was 0 for about 20 trying. Apple and JJP don’t seem to like each other :/

#15756 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ok been searching and searching... who knows how many b/w posts needed to buy? Using this has been discussed plenty of times before but seems there isn't a searchable answer to how many to
12? 17?
This is the one I'm referring to
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base.html
Thanks

I did all I could find and it was 11 - including upper PF and 1 under the PF. However i used Bumper Posts on the leading AXL posts "same base" and the longer T-nuts where possible "with lock nuts"... Looks and feels/fits way better then the factory crap... Should send them a bill for Parts n Labour ....

BW Post (resized).jpgBW Post (resized).jpgBumper Post (resized).jpgBumper Post (resized).jpg
#15757 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I think it was decided that a newer/better bluetooth dongle was the plan.

Quoted from deejaypee:

Did you actually try other bluetooth dongles, or just tried to connect 20 times? I found the Bluetooth dongle JJP uses for literally 80 cents in quantity from China, so it's likely bottom-of-the-barrel quality. I'm assuming a better dongle might yield results? Dunno. But I'm going to try some.

It's also weird that they're using a branded TPLink dongle for the wifi but a no-name DIFFERENT dongle for the bluetooth. Seems like a combo wifi/bluetooth version might have been better. But that's my "looking in from the outside" first impression...

#15758 2 years ago

pinball_keefer A little more info on the high score name truncation bug. Having reset the high scores while it was set to 3 character already DID load an alternate table of 3 character high scores, so they're in there. The bug has something to do with using 10 character, then changing to 3 character and it doesn't update any remaining default high scores with their 3 character default versions, it just truncates the 10 character ones to 3 characters.

#15759 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Ok , so now my spinning disk record looks like a real record. I stuck small Phillip's screwdriver into center of decal and got the wobble gone. Now has a perfect hole in center just like a real vinyl record

is the screw on top of the record slotted, cross or hexagon socket?

#15760 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

is the screw on top of the record slotted, cross or hexagon socket?

Phillips

#15761 2 years ago
Quoted from Dazz_Au:

I did all I could find and it was 11 - including upper PF and 1 under the PF. However i used Bumper Posts on the leading AXL posts "same base" and the longer T-nuts where possible "with lock nuts"... Looks and feels/fits way better then the factory crap... Should send them a bill for Parts n Labour ....[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you using those post sleeves and leaving them on? If so why? Curious as to if this may be a good way to mitigate the pooling around certain posts.

Sounds like imma need to get me some b/w posts and longer t nuts.

#15762 2 years ago
Quoted from Dazz_Au:

I did all I could find and it was 11 - including upper PF and 1 under the PF. However i used Bumper Posts on the leading AXL posts "same base" and the longer T-nuts where possible "with lock nuts"... Looks and feels/fits way better then the factory crap... Should send them a bill for Parts n Labour ....[quoted image][quoted image]

Perfect. Thanks!

Quoted from Jakers:

Quoted from deejaypee:

I can only speak to my experience with my BT headphones on location, but I spent 20 minutes fiddling with it. Couldnt even see my headphones when they were in pairing mode... picked up other devices but couldnt see my headphones.
I kept toggling back and forth through DISCOVER to see my headphones and it wouldnt, I restarted BT on the pin, no difference. Finally, I just ended up doing it over and over and over on the pin, until one time it finally popped up as discovered by the pin, and then I was able to select it and pair.

Bottom line it was very flaky and I just kept going back in and out and re-scanning / with some restarting of BT on the PIN until it finally picked it up in the discovery screen on the pin and I could select... good luck.

#15763 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it was decided that a newer/better bluetooth dongle was the plan.

Did you actually try other bluetooth dongles, or just tried to connect 20 times? I found the Bluetooth dongle JJP uses for literally 80 cents in quantity from China, so it's likely bottom-of-the-barrel quality. I'm assuming a better dongle might yield results? Dunno. But I'm going to try some.
It's also weird that they're using a branded TPLink dongle for the wifi but a no-name DIFFERENT dongle for the bluetooth. Seems like a combo wifi/bluetooth version might have been better. But that's my "looking in from the outside" first impression...

Nope, didn’t try other dongles, reckon I could order a nice one and give it a go. I happened to have a decent set of wired ones that I used. I also have a pair of Phillips BT headphones that paired just fine, but maybe there’s something to a better dongle having broader support.

#15764 2 years ago

Last night I had a new welcome to he jungle high score. It somehow did not add register it. Anyone else have this problem ever? It’s one of only two without my name on it lol total bummer.

#15765 2 years ago

I see JJP picked up Mark Seiden from https://twitch.tv/thearrrrrcade . Dude is a genius. Congrats Mark!

3CDFCAA0-0DD0-4C71-8679-5DFCCB4AE00C (resized).jpeg3CDFCAA0-0DD0-4C71-8679-5DFCCB4AE00C (resized).jpeg
#15766 2 years ago

I see JJP picked up Mark Seiden from https://twitch.tv/thearrrrrcade . Dude is a genius. Congrats Mark![quoted image]

Is he the one that was designing Metroid home brew?

#15767 2 years ago

I see JJP picked up Mark Seiden from https://twitch.tv/thearrrrrcade . Dude is a genius. Congrats Mark![quoted image]

Someone's brown-nosing in that lineup.

Or maybe he just needed a black shirt for the pic that day...

#15768 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is he the one that was designing Metroid?

Yes.

#15769 2 years ago

Yeah he codes and designs. Double threat. His Twitch integrations were pretty cool.

#15770 2 years ago

Another minor bug (spelling error) in jjGnR's current build for @pinball_keefer. On the summary screen immediately after a game where it tells you what you achieved with large black text with a thick yellow keyline, the song "Out Ta Get Me" is misspelled "Out to Get Me." It seems to be correct everywhere else I've seen (including the song high score list in the attract mode) with "Ta" and not "To" but that one summary screen has it wrong.

#15771 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Are you using those post sleeves and leaving them on? If so why? Curious as to if this may be a good way to mitigate the pooling around certain posts.
Sounds like imma need to get me some b/w posts and longer t nuts.

I used the 02-4036-2 Bumper Post with bigger T-Nut n Locknut just in this location, the rest were the 02-4660. Those 2 post take hard hits and Bumper Posts are common on many Stern and B/W machines in direct hit areas - might be overkill but doesn't hinder the play.

#15772 2 years ago

That’s awesome. Good pickup for JJP. Looks like they’re going to be making a push to the next level with (4) designers on the roster. Hope supply and manufacturing can support it.

#15773 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Some
Mini and regular size
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fan of GnR. Not quite as much. Seen them a couple times but seeing you post makes me want a Pearl Jam pin even worse. Seen PJ 20+ times.

Sick guitar!! Congratulations on getting your dream pin.

#15774 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Fan of GnR. Not quite as much. Seen them a couple times but seeing you post makes me want a Pearl Jam pin even worse. Seen PJ 20+ times.
Sick guitar!! Congratulations on getting your dream pin.

Me too, but unfortunately will never happen

#15775 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Just picked my LE up today and unboxing it tomorrow, can’t freaking wait
[quoted image]

WTF man? Hello? It's been 4 days...Have you been playing for 2 days straight? We're all waiting for the update!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15776 2 years ago

Just confirmed I’m picking up my LE on Friday! Can’t wait!

#15777 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Just confirmed I’m picking up my LE on Friday! Can’t wait!

Congrats! Gonna be a great weekend.
So basic info I am wondering: order date, and ordered from distro or direct?

#15778 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats! Gonna be a great weekend.
So basic info I am wondering: order date, and ordered from distro or direct?

Ordered at the beginning of the year through a distro, but specifically asked to wait until fall for a game. At the time of the order, playfield issues seemed plentiful, so I was giving a time buffer to see if they would get corrected (or at least be much less scarce). I couldn’t wait any longer as I really love the game, my absolute dream theme for a music game. I’m told the game just came off the line just under three weeks ago.

#15779 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Ordered at the beginning of the year through a distro, but specifically asked to wait until fall for a game. At the time of the order, playfield issues seemed plentiful, so I was giving a time buffer to see if they would get corrected (or at least be much less scarce). I couldn’t wait any longer as I really love the game, my absolute dream theme for a music game. I’m told the game just came off the line just under three weeks ago.

I think that was smart.
"I really love the game, my absolute dream theme for a music game" is a high compliment from a serious enthusiast/collector such as yourself!
Congrats again!

#15780 2 years ago

Hi GnR owners!

I'm not one (currently), and I am not "up to speed" on the best way to protect the playfield from chips at some specific posts, etc, and what parts/hardware are needed to implement. I do service calls for people sometimes and someone reached out to me asking if I could assist with setup, adjustments, and whatever else the game may need. Owner is a "newbie" and after some discussion, I agreed to help him out. I am familiar with Bally/Williams, and ok with newer Sterns, but this will be the first time working on a JJP game. Any pointers, tips, etc for this manufacturer and title. Thanks in advance!

#15781 2 years ago
Quoted from Blenderhead:

Hi GnR owners!
I'm not one (currently), and I am not "up to speed" on the best way to protect the playfield from chips at some specific posts, etc, and what parts/hardware are needed to implement. I do service calls for people sometimes and someone reached out to me asking if I could assist with setup, adjustments, and whatever else the game may need. Owner is a "newbie" and after some discussion, I agreed to help him out. I am familiar with Bally/Williams, and ok with newer Sterns, but this will be the first time working on a JJP game. Any pointers, tips, etc for this manufacturer and title. Thanks in advance!

Click on TOPIC INDEX at the top of any page in this thread. Click on "Keypost summary" to sort the posts by subject, then extend the list and look in the "TECH" section for any items that may address specific issues your customer is experiencing... the NIB Bulletproofing post is specific to preventative steps you could take as well as repair for any pooling, and then mitigation.... if you dont find your answers there, just post and ask!

#15782 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Click on TOPIC INDEX at the top of any page in this thread. Click on "Keypost summary" to sort the posts by subject, then extend the list and look in the "TECH" section for any items that may address specific issues your customer is experiencing... the NIB Bulletproofing post is specific to preventative steps you could take as well as repair for any pooling, and then mitigation.... if you dont find your answers there, just post and ask!

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the index till now, much appreciated.

#15783 2 years ago

Sold

IMG_6615 (resized).jpgIMG_6615 (resized).jpgIMG_6614 (resized).jpgIMG_6614 (resized).jpgIMG_6616 (resized).jpgIMG_6616 (resized).jpgIMG_6617 (resized).jpgIMG_6617 (resized).jpg
#15784 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sold
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He should get rid of the fancy packaging and sell it for less money. Who cares about the packaging. It's not like you are going to take it off the game to put it back in the packaging. His stuff is awesome for sure.

#15785 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

He should get rid of the fancy packaging and sell it for less money. Who cares about the packaging. It's not like you are going to take it off the game to put it back in the packaging. His stuff is awesome for sure.

That packaging is a few dollars, tops, in quantity. So what it adds in customer perception of value is worth way more than dropping the price of a $500 item $2.

#15786 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sold

Looks great!

#15787 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Sold

1st SE that I see with the roses and the skull, also those decals are indeed a perfect touch. Looks beautiful man. Congrats!

#15788 2 years ago

I (don't really) hate to say this but ...

This game is kind of making me into a snob. Other games are becoming less and less interesting, desirable, and fun.

This game is so deep and so fun and so exciting, yet can be so simple and genuine that it's just pretty freaking complete.

I can play this game solo for hours. I can have fun with my buddies. I can play with my kids (10 and 7) and enjoy the hell out of it. My brother who is not I to pinball AT ALL will come over and say "hey bro, want me to kick your ass?". Then we go play and he does some times. And its fun as hell.

I go to arcades and venues often and I gotta tell you... Not many games are holding up like this.

Stranger things is one of my faves and now it's just eh. Hot wheels, alien, Jurassic park, TNA, on and on. One that is holding up is AIQ. But I think G'N'R has made me like that MORE now.

Damnit..... This is weird.

#15789 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I (don't really) hate to say this but ...
This game is kind of making me into a snob. Other games are becoming less and less interesting, desirable, and fun.
This game is so deep and so fun and so exciting, yet can be so simple and genuine that it's just pretty freaking complete.
I can play this game solo for hours. I can have fun with my buddies. I can play with my kids (10 and 7) and enjoy the hell out of it. My brother who is not I to pinball AT ALL will come over and say "hey bro, want me to kick your ass?". Then we go play and he does some times. And its fun as hell.
I go to arcades and venues often and I gotta tell you... Not many games are holding up like this.
Stranger things is one of my faves and now it's just eh. Hot wheels, alien, Jurassic park, TNA, on and on. One that is holding up is AIQ. But I think G'N'R has made me like that MORE now.
Damnit..... This is weird.

Thats silly. Yeah it’s fun. But it doesnt make me enjoy my other games any less. At All.

#15790 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Thats silly. Yeah it’s fun. But it doesnt make me enjoy my other games any less. At All.

i only own this one game. I think maybe if I owned them it would be different because they would be my "babies". hahahaha

but, when i go to my buddies arcades or venues the other games just don't keep my attention as much as they did. I mean yeah they are fun. Iron Maiden is really great! AIQ is too! And I enjoy playing other games all the time.

But there's something that keeps drawing me back to GNR and thinking it's better. LOL

Yeah I know it sounds silly. I really do. I also think the game has made me a better player more so than other games ever had.

#15791 2 years ago

Is it possible to install Cliffy scoop protector without taking off the upper playfield?

I saw someone post how they added a washer without removing the upper playfield and looks like I can get a screwdriver to both screws on the scoop hood without taking anything else apart. Thoughts?

#15792 2 years ago

Almost one year later I'm in the club. What a great game! I feel like I'm going to a grimy Disney World when you hit the start button.cant wait to dig in and I'm really digging the "push your luck" aspect.

PXL_20211006_192850607 (resized).jpgPXL_20211006_192850607 (resized).jpg
#15793 2 years ago

Ordered separately but today mirror blades and blade protectors came , it's like they're meant to be together

IMG20211007230958 (resized).jpgIMG20211007230958 (resized).jpg
#15794 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

WTF man? Hello? It's been 4 days...Have you been playing for 2 days straight? We're all waiting for the update!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a5ccc8607f268ff986921bf5823b392eb84a826b-1633609829-1800"};
//]]>

Haha! Yes!! Can’t turn it off!! I’m doing a video for YouTube which I’ll upload later today. I have to say it’s one of, if not thee most unique pinball experiences I’ve ever had/owned. I won’t say it’s better than every other game but it’s certainly the most dazzling and unique.

The one thing that I’ve had a little bit of a hard time with are the modes/rules. I’m sure over time I’ll figure it all out and be more comfortable with them but for now it’s not obvious what you have to do and even when you DO know, the game doesn’t put enough emphasis on what those things are? I’ll go extreme, in Jurassic Park there is no question that the orange lights are the people you’re saving and the blue lights are the virus shots etc. This game is somewhat vague about what you’re shooting and the arrows are pretty small which doesn’t help. Even when you hit intended targets the game doesn’t acknowledge the hits quite like other games so sometimes you hit them but you’re not really sure if you did? When you hit shots on AIQ, the game lets you know!! There are so many lights and so many things going on, things like hurry up shots do not jump out at you, you have to really search for them! Also, like my Wonka, I wish the slings were stronger. The other thing is there is a slight disconnect from the flippers. When I play a Stern or Bally/Williams game, you are connected to the flippers and you can somehow feel the ball all the way through the buttons, JJP games have a disconnected feeling that’s hard to explain. You get used to it but it feels like driving a Cadillac that luxurious and comfy vs a BMW where you can feel the road through the wheel.

So other than that it’s just as incredible as everyone has said, everything I thought it would be and just down right amazing all the way around. I’m looking forward to learning more about it and getting further into the code. There really isn’t any other game on Earth that looks as impressive as this thing, it IS a masterpiece IMO. When we got our Wonka LE I thought it was the most visually stimulating game, until THIS!! The sound? Wow!! This game must be played turned WAY up!!! The CE owners must really be having a good time with that topper/sound bar. This game is definitely a candidate for an external sub.

This is all just my opinion and I’m sure others will have opposing things to say but my two cents on this game deposited

I can’t imagine ever parting with it and it’s a keeper for sure. Like I said, I’ll post my unboxing video later today

#15795 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Haha! Yes!! Can’t turn it off!! I’m doing a video for YouTube which I’ll upload later today. I have to say it’s one of, if not thee most unique pinball experiences I’ve ever had. I won’t say it’s better than every other game but it’s certainly the most dazzling and unique.
The one thing that I’ve had a little bit of a hard time with are the modes/rules. I’m sure over time I’ll figure it all out and be more comfortable with them but for now it’s not obvious what you have to do and even when you DO know, the game doesn’t put enough emphasis on what those things are? I’ll go extreme, in Jurassic Park there is no question that the orange lights are the people you’re saving and the blue lights are the virus shots etc. This game is somewhat vague about what you’re shooting and the arrows are pretty small. Even when you hit intended targets the game doesn’t acknowledge the hits quite like other games so sometimes you hit them but you’re not really sure if you did? When you hit shots on AIQ, the game lets you know!! Like my Wonka, I wish the slings were stronger. The other thing is there is a slight disconnect from the flippers. When I play a Stern or Bally/Williams game, you are connected to the flippers and you can somehow feel the ball all the way through the buttons, JJP games have a disconnected feeling that’s hard to explain. You get used to it but it feels like driving a Cadillac that luxurious and comfy vs a BMW where you can feel the road through the wheel.
So other than that it’s just as incredible as everyone has said, everything I thought it would be and just down right amazing all the way around. I’m looking forward to learning more about it and getting further into the code. There really isn’t any other game on Earth that looks as impressive as this thing, it IS a masterpiece IMO. When we got our Wonka LE I thought it was the most visually stimulating game, until THIS!! The sound? Wow!! This game must be played turned WAY up!!! The CE owners must really be having a good time with that topper/sound bar. This game is definitely a candidate for an external sub.
I can’t imagine ever parting with it and it’s a keep for sure. Like I said, I’ll post my unboxing video later today

#15796 2 years ago

LE #1633 delivered this week down under. June build date, has the factory washers on the posts. Very first NIB JJP, absolutely amazing!!
Next job.. having all the playfield protection fitted

#15797 2 years ago
Quoted from nice_shoes:

Nooooooooooooooo!

#15798 2 years ago
Quoted from nice_shoes:

LE #1633 delivered this week down under. June build date, has the factory washers on the posts. Very first NIB JJP, absolutely amazing!!

Nice one , you got in before the strikes at the ports , hopefully I can avoid them as well .
There's nothing like the smell of a new jjp game .

#15799 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Ordered separately but today mirror blades and blade protectors came , it's like they're meant to be together
[quoted image]

They Kurts ones?

put my black ones on yesterday. Was surprised they fit, but fit they did.

Wasn't so bad, i'd been putting it off for more than 6 months.

#15800 2 years ago

So, I'm having a bit of an issue using Scorebit. When I scan the QR code it keeps me as Player One instead of putting in my display name (Batey). My pal's Wonka will substitute the Player # with the scorebit display name.

Can any owners confirm if this is the same with their GnR? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 316 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/316?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.