IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 569.
#15601 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Oh and I gotta say that Dan the man PinWoofer sent me the tweeter replacements for the pinwoofer system, and everyone is right, it makes the game a lot better. I ended up deviating quite a bit from the suggested settings (maybe because I have an external sub hooked up too), and DAYUM it sounds really really really good. Iā€™ve only played a few games on it so far, but it feels like an all-new machine and I am happy/impressed!
Thanks for helping push me over the edge. Especially punkin !

Warms my heart - have fun with it buddy!

#15602 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

This game is epic. To think I was actually on the fence at one time.
Best. Decision. Ever.

if I could get paid every time somebody posts that says that...

Quoted from bbulkley:

Finally moved it to the rec room. [quoted image]

Aww man, Getaway! I love that pin!!
Nice collection!

#15603 2 years ago
Quoted from ESPN:

Not sure how the right ramp diverter got loose but I'm having a hard putting this thing back. It stays down. The magnet coil work but it's not staying in its back tracks.
[quoted image]

Missing spring

#15604 2 years ago
Quoted from ESPN:

it's not staying in its back tracks.

Red arrow push down so the metal plate locks on the tabs. Blue line is where the spring goes.

LTG : )

fc3aef68bf48f4201f7cc03c5dbc678f97a1fe75 (resized).jpgfc3aef68bf48f4201f7cc03c5dbc678f97a1fe75 (resized).jpg
#15605 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

if I could get paid every time somebody posts that says that...

Aww man, Getaway! I love that pin!!
Nice collection!

Yeah, itā€™s been an interesting last 10-11 months in this hobby. My friend (whose GnR I played last weekend) was really frustrated with GnR and at times regretted buying itā€¦.so although I had played 8-10 games a while back and enjoyed it I was admittedly worried I ordered it. I also read about all the issues reported here (he had some issues with a few things). He finally, after 6 months, got it running smoothly and I simply could not extricate myself from it last weekend - I got hooked. Heā€™s now happy with it and enjoying itā€¦.probably not as much as me.

This thing is just striking a chord (groan) with me. Itā€™s entirely possible though that I am simply easily pleased - as I mentioned in my first impressions post, Iā€™ve enjoyed all my NIB pins. This GnR though seems to just sit a notch above them based on first impressions.

Still playing right nowā€¦.I kinda stink, I think Iā€™m getting worse.

#15606 2 years ago

Just picked my LE up today and unboxing it tomorrow, canā€™t freaking wait

2AF4B11C-AEE1-4430-9A76-8AD7FB41AEB8 (resized).jpeg2AF4B11C-AEE1-4430-9A76-8AD7FB41AEB8 (resized).jpeg
#15607 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Red arrow push down so the metal plate locks on the tabs. Blue line is where the spring goes.

Different mechanism but you can see how the springs go on both relays.

DSC00585 (resized).JPGDSC00585 (resized).JPG
#15608 2 years ago

I have begun to tear mine down for washers.

3E696235-6316-4020-A0BC-E105A7BC3D8C (resized).jpeg3E696235-6316-4020-A0BC-E105A7BC3D8C (resized).jpeg
#15609 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Haha you are overthinking it! Pics of screwdriver in each side and the zoom on scoop showing washer under left screw. Scoop comes right out. 100 fix on SDTMs.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Bravo, thank you for the detailed pictures. I am taking receipt of my GnR LE next week and this issue was stuck in the back of my head the past year while waiting!

#15610 2 years ago

A couple maybe bugs for @pinball_keefer, running the current software:

1. High score default table
If you change the high score from 10 characters to 3, the default high scores of staff are essentially wrong because rather than having 2 name tables for default high scores, there's apparently only the one 10 character one. So in 10 character mode, "ERIC" is one of the defaults. Once that's changed to 3 character, it becomes "ERI". Seems like there should be two internal default name tables, one that's names >3 characters and the 3 letter initials version for the shorter setting.

2. Ball search when trying to start a new game.
Finished a game. Had a ball loaded on the left side of the guitar. Ball search could not find it. It would drop the RIGHT side, but never the left. The barrier works fine in all other circumstances, just not in ball search. Seems to be an oversight.

#15611 2 years ago

Dang!
Look at all the LEs landing.... Exciting!

Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Just picked my LE up today and unboxing it tomorrow, canā€™t freaking wait
[quoted image]

Are you direct order or through a distributor?
What was your order date?

Quoted from JLebowski:

Bravo, thank you for the detailed pictures. I am taking receipt of my GnR LE next week and this issue was stuck in the back of my head the past year while waiting!

I know your order date was October 2020, but wonder the day... Going to be close to exactly 1 year delivery for you!

#15612 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Thank you, now to find that spring.

#15613 2 years ago
Quoted from ESPN:

Thank you, now to find that spring.

Most likely in front of cab where coin box is

#15614 2 years ago

Since itā€™s gonna be a while til I get the replacement parts suggested for this post to be shipped over to my side, how bad would it be if I played without it there altogether in the meantime? Itā€™s come off twice alreadyā€¦
Could damage to the left bottom post of ā€œbackstageā€ take the hits and suffer even with the washer and carbon rings in place?

17C407B2-C31D-4090-9B71-E214871C69B5 (resized).jpeg17C407B2-C31D-4090-9B71-E214871C69B5 (resized).jpeg
#15615 2 years ago

Yeah itā€™s just a bad design. Should have just extended that inlane to that post. Seems silly to have a post 1/4 inch away from another post

#15616 2 years ago

I have my topper resting directly on the LED strip. You can adjust the topper to sit a little bit above it if you wish as there is some adjustment room in the acrylic.

#15617 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Since itā€™s gonna be a while til I get the replacement parts suggested for this post to be shipped over to my side, how bad would it be if I played without it there altogether in the meantime? Itā€™s come off twice alreadyā€¦
Could damage to the left bottom post of ā€œbackstageā€ take the hits and suffer even with the washer and carbon rings in place?
[quoted image]

I would suggest to protect the backstage plastic with a PETG washer

fg (resized).jpgfg (resized).jpg
#15618 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A couple maybe bugs for pinball_keefer, running the current software:
1. High score default table
If you change the high score from 10 characters to 3, the default high scores of staff are essentially wrong because rather than having 2 name tables for default high scores, there's apparently only the one 10 character one. So in 10 character mode, "ERIC" is one of the defaults. Once that's changed to 3 character, it becomes "ERI". Seems like there should be two internal default name tables, one that's names >3 characters and the 3 letter initials version for the shorter setting.
2. Ball search when trying to start a new game.
Finished a game. Had a ball loaded on the left side of the guitar. Ball search could not find it. It would drop the RIGHT side, but never the left. The barrier works fine in all other circumstances, just not in ball search. Seems to be an oversight.

Start a JJP GnR Bugs/Wishlist thread please Vic ?
Great to see pinball_keefer is engaged and dedicated.

#15619 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:Start a JJP GnR Bugs/Wishlist thread please Vic ?
Great to see pinball_keefer is engaged and dedicated.

Keith has a thread for code stuff .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program

#15620 2 years ago

how do we obtain a spare Playfield for GNR at cost from JJP? anyone go through this yet?

#15621 2 years ago

Here are a few photos of the topper. It took me a few tries to get it right (Okā€¦my wife figured it out!) but here you can see what I hope are the correct placements of all the parts. I hope this helps. The photos with the instructions were really small and some just didnā€™t help. I cable tied/secured the power cable once I got it in the back box. The sticky strip for the LEDs was crap. I ended up using double sided Gorilla Glue tape to secure it to the bottom of the bracket.

Note/update: I received this comment (below) that my light strip is incorrect. ā€œ This is wrong.
You should have put the led strip at the back of the bracket en then mount the topper on top of the led stripā€¦
So the light shines directly in from underneath the acrylic.ā€

2A2F6251-A589-4ABC-9E36-A2B4D83A0D66 (resized).jpeg2A2F6251-A589-4ABC-9E36-A2B4D83A0D66 (resized).jpeg7386DDA8-E641-4CD8-871A-FAFB53231698 (resized).jpeg7386DDA8-E641-4CD8-871A-FAFB53231698 (resized).jpegC86A80F1-ADBA-494E-A15A-0191AAB23156 (resized).jpegC86A80F1-ADBA-494E-A15A-0191AAB23156 (resized).jpeg

#15622 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

You can also throw 2 or 3 washers under the right ramp back left post to tilt it towards the drum sticks. When I originally shifted the ramp like you I could still hang a ball up testing manually and the washers eliminated that.

What kind of washings are you using here? PETG, or regular metal ones?

#15623 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Dang!
Look at all the LEs landing.... Exciting!

What was your order date?

I know your order date was October 2020, but wonder the day... Going to be close to exactly 1 year delivery for you!

I actually just ordered it last week with Vanessa at Operation Pinball whom I highly recommend!! I was going to go for it last year but didnā€™t want my money tied up forever and just picked up some other titles in the meantime. These just happened to come in last week and I jumped on it!

#15624 2 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Here are a few photos of the topper. It took me a few tries to get it right (Okā€¦my wife figured it out!) but here you can see what I hope are the correct placements of all the parts. I hope this helps. The photos with the instructions were really small and some just didnā€™t help. I cable tied/secured the power cable once I got it in the back box. The sticky strip for the LEDs was crap. I ended up using double sided Gorilla Glue tape to secure it to the bottom of the bracket.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is wrong.
You should have put the led strip at the back of the bracket en then mount the topper on top of the led stripā€¦

So the light shines directly in from underneath the acrylic.

#15625 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

how do we obtain a spare Playfield for GNR at cost from JJP? anyone go through this yet?

You can email Barry to get on the ā€œinterestedā€ list. Thatā€™s it so far.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15626 2 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Note/update: I received this comment (below) that my light strip is incorrect. ā€œ This is wrong.
So the light shines directly in from underneath the acrylic.ā€
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any chance you could tell me how tall the topper is once installed? Iā€™m wanting one but Iā€™m not sure it would fit in my low ceiling basement

Quoted from Vespula:

Gorgeous!
Cool room!
What LE# did you get?

Ordered from a distributor.

#15627 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I would suggest to protect the backstage plastic with a PETG washer[quoted image]

Theyā€™re all thereā€¦ gave it a FULL treatment a week or two ago. Just this one post that wonā€™t hold.

#15628 2 years ago

Going over the menu, and into coil settings, large text asks to not change setting unless thereā€™s a problem. I donā€™t recall ever touching these ones, and yet ā€œleft ramp diverter fire timeā€ is set to 240 on my game. The default ā€œgreenā€ number is actually 100.
Same goes for right ramp diverter fire time.
What should it actually be? Thanks

C1721C41-240B-49DF-A753-8F396395DB29 (resized).jpegC1721C41-240B-49DF-A753-8F396395DB29 (resized).jpeg

#15629 2 years ago

Going over the menu, and into coil settings, large text asks to not change setting unless thereā€™s a problem. I donā€™t recall ever touching these ones, and yet ā€œleft ramp diverter fire timeā€ is set to 240 on my game. The default ā€œgreenā€ number is actually 100.
[quoted image]

#15630 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Any chance you could tell me how tall the topper is once installed? Iā€™m wanting one but Iā€™m not sure it would fit in my low ceiling basement

Topper is 8" tall at its highest point, so add 1/2" for the bracket floor and the LED strip under it, and it's 8.5" or less on top of the height of your backbox.

#15631 2 years ago

I was playing a game yesterday and noticed my left ramp diverter wasnā€™t working. I went into test coils and all the coils on J107 arenā€™t working. I reseated the J107 connector, but still nothing. Any ideas on what I should try next?

#15632 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I was playing a game yesterday and noticed my left ramp diverter wasnā€™t working. I went into test coils and all the coils on J107 arenā€™t working. I reseated the J107 connector, but still nothing. Any ideas on what I should try next?

Do you have the Upper PF flipper, and left pop bumper? If you've lost those AND the diverter, check fuse F707, probably the fuse.

If you've only lost the diverter check to make sure both wires are attached to the coil still. If they are, then it sounds like transistor Q338 or Q337 may have blown. Check with a multimeter.

#15633 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have the Upper PF flipper, and left pop bumper? If you've lost those AND the diverter, check fuse F707, probably the fuse.
If you've only lost the diverter check to make sure both wires are attached to the coil still. If they are, then it sounds like transistor Q338 or Q337 may have blown. Check with a multimeter.

Nope I lost both the flipper and the pop bumper, I will check the fuse.

#15634 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Nope I lost both the flipper and the pop bumper, I will check the fuse.

Easy fix then.

#15635 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

I actually just ordered it last week with Vanessa at Operation Pinball whom I highly recommend!! I was going to go for it last year but didnā€™t want my money tied up forever and just picked up some other titles in the meantime. These just happened to come in last week and I jumped on it!

Then you likely just squeaked in before the new $11k price.

#15636 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyHomeBrew:

What kind of washings are you using here? PETG, or regular metal ones?

I used metal.

#15637 2 years ago

[quoted image]

When it's indicating 'green' it's the factory default. If you adjust it, numbers are not green anymore (but grey)

#15638 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

When it's indicating 'green' it's the factory default. If you adjust it, numbers are not green anymore (but grey)

I know, thatā€™s why I am asking what should actually be the setting for these two diverter, as I donā€™t recall changing them from default, and yet they are on a totally different setting, not even close when considering itā€™s a ten increment increase

#15639 2 years ago

Thanks mate,
Yeah I was aware of that one and it sure is a great idea. Again huge thanks to Keefer for pro active code development, Very cool.
I asked Vic for a code , bug , wish list thread as he did such an amazing job with the Iron Maiden thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features
I think that the beta code thread is best remained focused on just that.
A new thread that is well structured encapsulating bugs, features and wish list would be great. There are many pinsiders with great ideas such as PinMonk and Eskaybee with some great improvement ideas.

#15640 2 years ago

I donā€™t understand: I have a good ball going in Double Talkin Jive, song playing for a few minutes, power chord going, 3 balls on the play field, Jackpot at 11 mil and rising fast, then flippers go dead all 3 balls drain. Is that supposed to happen? Never had a chance to cash in the jackpot.

#15641 2 years ago

Did you hear a funny boooo noise?

#15642 2 years ago

Donā€™t think so but I booed myself.

#15643 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I donā€™t understand: I have a good ball going in Double Talkin Jive, song playing for a few minutes, power chord going, 3 balls on the play field, Jackpot at 11 mil and rising fast, then flippers go dead all 3 balls drain. Is that supposed to happen? Never had a chance to cash in the jackpot.

It happens quick .Thatā€™s where you either jump around like you just won the super bowl or fall to the ground crying like you lost it :)Unless your KDE where your just like ā€œcooā€.

#15644 2 years ago

KED my bad

#15645 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Iā€™m a noob on this pin (have had it 2 days) but Iā€™m guessing that you reached the end of the song and needed to hit the Applause jackpot (center scoop). Default is 15 sec. If you donā€™t hit it within that time, the song mode officially ends, balls drain and you do not get the jackpot.

Happened to me last night - 16M jackpot. Brutal.

I checked and song length of that tune is 3:23. My best guess as to what happened.

#15646 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

hawkmoon77 told me he "cut a piece of sheet metal and bent it. The guitar is attached with double-sided foam tape."

I'll post a picture tomorrow if it will help.

#15647 2 years ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Iā€™m a noob on this pin (have had it 2 days) but Iā€™m guessing that you reached the end of the song and needed to hit the Applause jackpot (center scoop). Default is 15 sec. If you donā€™t hit it within that time, the song mode officially ends, balls drain and you do not get the jackpot.
Happened to me last night - 16M jackpot. Brutal.
I checked and song length of that tune is 3:23. My best guess as to what happened.

Thank you thank you. That must be it. Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ve got a ball trough issue. Itā€™s happened to me a few times. Learning the game is a bit complex and Iā€™m not sure what the heck is going on, so you never really know whatā€™s supposed to happen or not. I will say this, itā€™s one of the most unique pins and Iā€™m loving it.

#15648 2 years ago

Anyone else having these "minor" issues?

A lot of times the multiballs don't act correctly. I'll lose a ball and a few seconds of flipping later the pyro jackpot will come up on the screen. Anyone else?

I'll be in a song multiball and the ball save just doesn't act right. I'll drain a few balls at the same time (bc of course why not) and it won't give them all back (yes the ball save is on) or I'll hit the scoop while it's green and it won't give me the add-a-ball while I drain balls at the same time.

Another one is... I'll hit 2 balls directly after the other through a song target but only one will count. The left ramp is the best example. I can understand it with a spinner but the others are switches.

It's almost like it can't keep up with what's happening.

#15649 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Anyone else having these "minor" issues?
A lot of times the multiballs don't act correctly. I'll lose a ball and a few seconds of flipping later the pyro jackpot will come up on the screen. Anyone else?

Go into switch test. Bang on the playfield a bit, do you see anything firing that shouldn't be?

I'd look at the gap on the pyro target and the sling next to it.

#15650 2 years ago

I have no clue what I'm doing, but I ordered mylar rings.

Do we heat/iron them on? Just put them on under the washers? What's the standard/best way these should be installed?

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/313 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.