IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 568.
#15451 2 years ago

Fellas, after 7 months it turns out that my machine is no longer undefeated, I got my game February 19/21(PF made Nov,23/20).
About 1.5-2 months ago I went over 2,000 games, and yesterday while doing maintenance (Wax, a new MOD and 1st time in my life a blown rubber) I found a few details in my playfield after all this time playing and my wife abusing of my Pinball.

I really donā€™t want to dwell about it (happened to me too and period!) but I just had to share it here

... (I thought my playfield was made out of Adamantium or was built with that polyalloy like a T-1000 ... or was possessed who knows lol )

Anyway, bolted to my place.

439E709A-C9A4-492B-A87E-4778B51F8EC7 (resized).jpeg439E709A-C9A4-492B-A87E-4778B51F8EC7 (resized).jpeg48655A29-B2E1-4BB9-B502-FE14FBB53EB6 (resized).jpeg48655A29-B2E1-4BB9-B502-FE14FBB53EB6 (resized).jpegA20E5A13-A0F9-4D2D-AFC7-07895A8AA891 (resized).jpegA20E5A13-A0F9-4D2D-AFC7-07895A8AA891 (resized).jpegD1AA5A39-5EA1-4E04-9E4F-805D351CFEA6 (resized).jpegD1AA5A39-5EA1-4E04-9E4F-805D351CFEA6 (resized).jpegD9CC7DBA-B31F-412C-A582-4AA7B4FA4B98 (resized).pngD9CC7DBA-B31F-412C-A582-4AA7B4FA4B98 (resized).png
#15452 2 years ago

If you are an SE owner and know what a PINOUT is please send me a msg.

And, do we know if there is a manual available online? a PDF or anything?

Thanks y'all.

#15453 2 years ago

Some great tips from you all!!! Game plays a lot nicer now!

Changing the flippers (left a bit higher, right a bit lower) -> backhand to upper play field now 9 out of 10
+
Tweaking the left orbit -> the ball goes straight to your flipper instead of slingshot...great flow!! (the metal where the ball leaves the orbit needs some bending/tweaking)

#15454 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You talked me into it .
I was going to make one at work , but it's always fun to get something in the mail

mine's onroute as well. I am sure it will make my original idea look like a piece of S#!~. Pinmonk is crazy about fine tuning to the best possible result. My original idea was i want that ball not passing this point and it worked. Now it will look like it came from the factory like this.

#15455 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

If you are an SE owner and know what a PINOUT is please send me a msg.
And, do we know if there is a manual available online? a PDF or anything?
Thanks y'all.

Manual is downloadable from JJP website and also in the service menu viewable onscreen under the utilities menu.

#15456 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas, after 7 months it turns out that my machine is no longer undefeated, I got my game February 19/21(PF made Nov,23/20).
About 1.5-2 months ago I went over 2,000 games, and yesterday while doing maintenance (Wax, a new MOD and 1st time in my life a blown rubber) I found a few details in my playfield after all this time playing and my wife abusing of my Pinball.
I really donā€™t want to dwell about it (happened to me too and period!) but I just had to share it here
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"49727457520e8e214279022a4a1c0c8afaf97e1e-1632853784-1800"};
//]]>

... (I thought my playfield was made out of Adamantium or was built with that polyalloy like a T-1000 ... or was possessed who knows lol )
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing you lasted this long with November playfield and metal washers torqued to God knows what ..

Good news is Looks repairable with some heat and replacing the metal with the PETG clear washers.

#15457 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Sucks, but you know what to do.

You KNOW what do to.

eric-the-actor2 (resized).jpgeric-the-actor2 (resized).jpg
#15458 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a5e6732282e9e8493af4a5f2984fba78e7e3883d-1632854442-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I waited all this time to bulletproof. Did so last weekend and since then the only issue Iā€™m having is this same post by the backstage that just wonā€™t hold. Has twice flown out after adding the petg washer like every other post. Everything else is just fine. Think this post is too slim for the hole made for it.

5643642B-6DE6-476B-A91A-6BD3F0EFDAA0 (resized).jpeg5643642B-6DE6-476B-A91A-6BD3F0EFDAA0 (resized).jpeg

#15459 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Shark fin. Undo hinge bolts, turn head 90 degrees and with a pal or 2 walk it through the door without having to unplug a wire.

This is what I did. Worked like a charm!

#15460 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

I waited all this time to bulletproof. Did so last weekend and since then the only issue Iā€™m having is this same post by the backstage that just wonā€™t hold. Has twice flown out after adding the petg washer like every other post. Everything else is just fine. Think this post is too slim for the hole made for it.
[quoted image]

Buy the William Bally Post and screw it down into that T-nut down there, then back that T-nut with a nylon nut onto the posts threads. The post will not come out again and remain nice and tight. The W/B post have a slightly larger diameter to eat up all the room in those drilled holes as well.

B9AB73C0-7338-42BE-B863-C5007C8DDCEB (resized).jpegB9AB73C0-7338-42BE-B863-C5007C8DDCEB (resized).jpeg
#15461 2 years ago

Apologies if this has already been covered extensively, but is there a reliable way to stop plunges (and auto launches) from going straight down the middle? I lose far too many balls because they get auto launched, hit tip tip of the sling shot, and then bounce straight down the middle, out of reach of either flipper.

#15462 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I think you don't want both the JJP black washer AND the clear PETG. Pick one, preferably the clear.

#15463 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sucks, but you know what to do.
You KNOW what do to.[quoted image]

Indeed Vireland, Iā€™m grateful with this thread

#15464 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Apologies if this has already been covered extensively, but is there a reliable way to stop plunges (and auto launches) from going straight down the middle? I lose far too many balls because they get auto launched, hit tip tip of the sling shot, and then bounce straight down the middle, out of reach of either flipper.

Give it a nudge when it hits the top of the sling.

#15465 2 years ago

Where can I find a replacement for the blue nubs,I remember someone used a toilet part to replace a torn nub?

#15466 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think you don't want both the JJP black washer AND the clear PETG. Pick one, preferably the clear.

Itā€™s a cliffy carbon ring, then washer above that. Did so to EVERYTHING. Probably 30 posts since thatā€™s what I ordered and theyā€™re all gone.

#15467 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Where can I find a replacement for the blue nubs,I remember someone used a toilet part to replace a torn nub?

I ordered from JJP. Part 25-100007-00.

#15468 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Buy the William Bally Post and screw it down into that T-nut down there, then back that T-nut with a nylon nut onto the posts threads. The post will not come out again and remain nice and tight. The W/B post have a slightly larger diameter to eat up all the room in those drilled holes as well.[quoted image]

Since that will take forever to ship to my side these days, Iā€™ll see if in the meantime I can find one off my wpc games. Hope thereā€™s a fitting one in an earth shaker. I have a whole playfield taken apart. Iā€™m goin to order a couple anyway, can you tell me which one is best? There are so many post options on Marcos. Thanks !

#15469 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me the name of the connector for the backbox led strip? Looking to mod but utilise the og connector. Cheers

#15470 2 years ago

Since day one, My lockdown bar sits well in position yet the lock latch underneath, has some obstruction that wonā€™t allow it to move back into locked position (pushed all the way to the right). This way, it interferes with the coin mech from the inside.
Whatā€™s the solution? Iā€™ve tried playing with the 2 screws on the bar but didnā€™t notice it did much.

Quoted from dug:

Do you recall what way you bent the tabs? Mine is a pita as well to get in the locked position.
Thanks!

I am glad to know that this issue isn't isolated to me. Can you guys kindly post your solution with the lockdown bar if you resolve it?

#15471 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I am glad to know that this issue isn't isolated to me. Can you guys kindly post your solution with the lockdown bar if you resolve it?

Easiest way to self-diagnose is to install the lock bar with glass off and playfield up; that way you can look inside and see whatā€™s not lining up.

For me, itā€™s the sliding portion of the receiver on the left-hand side; I have to push it up slightly while pushing the lockbar down.

#15472 2 years ago

I waited all this time to bulletproof. Think this post is too slim for the hole made for it.
[quoted image]

Yes, I recommend following the "PoPs" (pioneers of protection) procedure , Doug and Mark, Thanks guys for worthy solution to the 3 oversized holes.
Install some kickass tnuts and longer posts with lock nut, Cliffy carbon and PETG to minimise post movement at these high impact zones.
I maintained factory washers against Fooflighters (thanks Damo for your incredible dedication and providing such awesome detailed advice.)
to be able to pull up on the PETG tight, this allows the outer edges of the PETGs to not dig into the clear.
In saying this I am fortunate to have playfield with rock hard clear.
I found the BW posts would not fit at these 3 locations without being drilled or forced, so I passed on that.

Its such a great feeling to finally be able to enjoy playing this incredible game.

20210925_110546 (resized).jpg20210925_110546 (resized).jpg20210927_150950 (resized).jpg20210927_150950 (resized).jpg20210925_111131 (resized).jpg20210925_111131 (resized).jpg20210927_152305 (resized).jpg20210927_152305 (resized).jpg20210925_110524 (resized).jpg20210925_110524 (resized).jpg20210925_111457 (resized).jpg20210925_111457 (resized).jpg20210927_151916 (resized).jpg20210927_151916 (resized).jpg20210927_151952 (resized).jpg20210927_151952 (resized).jpg

#15473 2 years ago

Does the flat side of the washer go down or up when installing?

#15474 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Does the flat side of the washer go down or up when installing?

Flat side should be down on top of the PETG
In saying that, looking at my pix, I may have 1 or 2 arse about. That might be a good thing ? Thinking about it if the " high side " centre of curved washer is forcing down centre of PETG, this allows outer edges of PETG lift ever so slightly and not to dig into clear.

#15475 2 years ago

I was upset early on but Iā€™ve done a 180 since .I think zaphX had said something like ā€œwhy worry over something you canā€™t control ,play the shit out of it and back yourself up with the new PF next year ā€œ.Something like that anyway .Iā€™ve just done the basic areas best I could ,tweaked what I had to tweak ,and have been enjoying the shit out of playing it again .Iā€™m so glad I didnā€™t sell it .I like pins that break from the norm and this game is on its own .Now for some fans and side art since itā€™s staying home where it belongs .By the way ,howā€™s the Scorbit ? Iā€™ll read up on it but was wondering how people are liking it .Thank You to zaphX ,yelobird ,and Mike at GAP for being very helpful when I was losing my shit .Rock on pinheads !

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15476 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Amazing you lasted this long with November playfield and metal washers torqued to God knows what ..
Good news is Looks repairable with some heat and replacing the metal with the PETG clear washers.

ā€¦ thatā€™s true Vespula, it was a long time ā€¦.and 5 balls all games since day one ā€¦

#15478 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

Can anyone tell me the name of the connector for the backbox led strip? Looking to mod but utilise the og connector. Cheers

Moles 0.093ā€ 2-circuit (Below is what I used from Amazon; certainly these are cheaper through Mouser or your local joint)

https://www.amazon.com/Molex-Connector-Matched-2-Circuits-Hanging/dp/B074G5PQHL

3546FA3A-2165-44F5-80F3-A8C2BF62927F (resized).jpeg3546FA3A-2165-44F5-80F3-A8C2BF62927F (resized).jpeg

#15479 2 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Got it. It takes a while but it ended up being the brass screws needed adjustment. Got to play around with it till you find the sweet spot. I found it easier to remove the glass and lift the playfield up so you can look inside

#15480 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I literally just left on a business trip last night so no pics. But, yes - washers on the underside of the PF.
Remove the 4 screws that hold the scoop to the underside of the PF and add two washers to each screw to both screws on the left hand side (between the playfield and the mech) so that the scoop is ever so slightly canted to the left and it will move the eject farther up on the left flipper.

Worked like a champ. Hits the the left flipper every time!

#15481 2 years ago

Have had clear washers on for a couple months I guess.

This is happening at about 4 or 5 of the 25ish I put on.

Left sling, middle under left ramp, pyro post, bottom pop bumper post are the ones that come to mind.

This time I hair dryer and flattened them and all it did was look like it started peeling. I tried to get it to push back down and it did but it still doesn't look the same. So some of my washers just pushed the pooling out further. High traffic areas. Curiously none of the ones in the Axl lanes did it tho.

This photo was pretty typical of the ones that needed attn.

20210928_205051 (resized).jpg20210928_205051 (resized).jpg
#15482 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Left sling, middle under left ramp, pyro post, bottom pop bumper post are the ones that come to mind.
This time I hair dryer and flattened them and all it did was look like it started peeling. I tried to get it to push back down and it did but it still doesn't look the same. So some of my washers just pushed the pooling out further. High traffic areas. Curiously none of the ones in the Axl lanes did it tho.
[quoted image]

Get the longer T-nuts so they come up closer to the top of the playfield so there's more support and less room for the post to move when hit.

#15483 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Moles 0.093ā€ 2-circuit (Below is what I used from Amazon; certainly these are cheaper through Mouser or your local joint)
amazon.com link Ā»
[quoted image]

Awesome thanks!

#15484 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get the longer T-nuts so they come up closer to the top of the playfield so there's more support and less room for the post to move when hit.

None of the posts were in t nuts. No, one was. Yes one on the left. The rest were just a thru bolt and a lock nut on the bottom.

#15485 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Strategically placed piece of drop dead ball foam or other type of material on the metal ball guide. It slows the ball down just enough to drop to the right flipper rather than SDTM or the top of right slingshot. Highly recommend.

419F9675-FBFD-4BE6-8759-8AB46041C6D9 (resized).jpeg419F9675-FBFD-4BE6-8759-8AB46041C6D9 (resized).jpeg
#15486 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

[quoted image]

Iirc you were advised a while back by fooflighter to remove the metal washers and go petg only and you opted to leave them? If so, I believe this would be the expected result.

#15487 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

None of the posts were in t nuts. No, one was. Yes one on the left. The rest were just a thru bolt and a lock nut on the bottom.

I was just going off the one in your picture. T-nut is too short.

#15488 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Little shop of games also sells them. I just got a set.

#15489 2 years ago

New decal

16328951324984483916350427591264 (resized).jpg16328951324984483916350427591264 (resized).jpg
#15490 2 years ago

There seems to be so many different ways about "bulletproofing" these post problems. From what I've read in this thread, I feel the longer t-nut and longer post with a nylon lock-nut underneath, along with a washer up top is the best prevention method (in my opinion). Does pinball life sell these and can someone link me to the correct ones to purchase? I'm FINALLY receiving my LE this weekend that I ordered back on October 8 last year. I want to be prepared to change the posts out as soon as possible and install my cliffies that have been sitting in my toolbox for almost a year now.

I can't wait to play this game. I've only played one game on an SE so I'm really looking forward to my first time on my very own LE.

#15491 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

There seems to be so many different ways about "bulletproofing" these post problems. From what I've read in this thread, I feel the longer t-nut and longer post with a nylon lock-nut underneath, along with a washer up top is the best prevention method (in my opinion). Does pinball life sell these and can someone link me to the correct ones to purchase? I'm FINALLY receiving my LE this weekend that I ordered back on October 8 last year. I want to be prepared to change the posts out as soon as possible and install my cliffies that have been sitting in my toolbox for almost a year now.
I can't wait to play this game. I've only played one game on an SE so I'm really looking forward to my first time on my very own LE.

Check your clear. There is so much product on these affected games. My July build clear is super thin and no issues. Not sure all this is necessary. But if it gives you peace of mind go for it.

#15492 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Congrats! October 8? you ordered direct?

The links are contained at the key posts at the top of the page just expand them, you can reference the bulletproofing thread fooflighter and also the post and tnut thread by @cooked71.

#15493 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Everyone does their own little tidbits to bullet proof the game, but it's all basically the same concept.

I ordered the Clear PETG washers and some of the Williams Bally Posts all from PBL.

Washers: I ordered (35) 3/4" and (10) 7/8" washers

https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base.html

I replaced every posts where there is heavy ball action with these W/B posts, all the posts that was replaced were thinner then the W/B had the hex base on them with black washers installed underneath.

In addition I used the removed black washers on all other posts in the game where there is very minimal ball action, so in the end every post in the game has a washer under them. Just remember when you tighten them, tighten them to a snug and a fraction more "Don't Gorilla tighten it"

While you have everything apart, be sure to install the Cliffy scoop protectors, stock one is okay but over time wear will occur in front of the scoop.

Take your time and the game will give you enjoyment for a very long time.

#15494 2 years ago

Thanks for recapping that DeathHimself . Very helpful.
Did you order any of the taller Tnuts?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=4410-01118-00

2021-09-29_10-01-20 (resized).jpg2021-09-29_10-01-20 (resized).jpg
#15495 2 years ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Hi Mark,
Also found these with six prong and again just shy of pf depth, base seems slightly wider than macro tee nuts and found the six prong holds better.
Been using six prong in my carpentry/joinery trade for years for better stability on table legs.
Cheers

Parts Express #10-32 Deluxe 6-Prong T-Nuts 50 Pcs.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002ZPEU4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_6K6DV97CTPBQ3E99WZY1

Six blades, ... $10 bucks for 50
2021-09-29_10-07-55 (resized).jpg2021-09-29_10-07-55 (resized).jpg

#15496 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks for recapping that DeathHimself . Very helpful.
Did you order any of the taller Tnuts?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=4410-01118-00[quoted image]

No I did not, if you look at the W/B posts that I used the shank is wider and longer that goes deeper into the hole, if I ordered the larger T nuts I'm not a 100% certain they would have fit with their longer neck. So either the t nut or post may have not seated all the way in, so I left the stock ones just to be sure.

#15497 2 years ago

The only thing I did was the washer and LED light strip mod. I have it tide into the game so the LEDs match. 62 for the right side and 42 for the left side. It makes it really glow. I am really enjoying the game.

20210928_104429 (resized).jpg20210928_104429 (resized).jpg20210928_104432 (resized).jpg20210928_104432 (resized).jpg20210928_104500 (resized).jpg20210928_104500 (resized).jpg
#15498 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Iirc you were advised a while back by fooflighter to remove the metal washers and go petg only and you opted to leave them? If so, I believe this would be the expected result.

Only one of them had a washer on it. 2 of them were actual posts with rubbers on them. One of them did not have a washer on it from as I didn't put it back on.

However, there are some still with the washer on them and this has not happened. In fact, there are no signs of it even beginning to happen.

So I did an experiment so to speak. I mixed it up to see about the results. The results are that it doesn't matter. Maybe I over tightened? Maybe it's the t-nuts. I don't know. But I do know that with, or without, a metal washer, this is still happening. Post, pole, through bolt, T-nut, metal washer or not... it still happens and it's fairly random.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I was just going off the one in your picture. T-nut is too short.

haha yeah I saw that THAT one is the one! That's a great eye man! I appreciate it. I'll be looking into the longer t-nuts. Thanks homie!

#15499 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

No I did not, if you look at the W/B posts that I used the shank is wider and longer that goes deeper into the hole, if I ordered the larger T nuts I'm not a 100% certain they would have fit with their longer neck. So either the t nut or post may have not seated all the way in, so I left the stock ones just to be sure.

Correct - if you were to use a BW post and longer tnut it wonā€™t screw in.

On the 3 high impact problem posts where the longer tnuts are needed, the holes are bigger than even the BW posts- thereā€™s no way you can fill the hole as it was drilled to accommodate a tnut. These are the only posts on the Playfield drilled like this.

The other benefit of the longer tnut is the substantially bigger base underneath.

But if the bw posts are doing their job on those 3 then thatā€™s another easy option.

Iā€™ve used bw posts on all other through hole (non tnut) posts and theyā€™re great. Though some of the newer builds say the new holes are smaller for these posts as the bw ones donā€™t fit and probably arenā€™t needed.

#15500 2 years ago

I apologize if this was already covered but has anyone else seen the Limited Edition new price tag at 11,000?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/310 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.