IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 567.
#1451 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This shit is stirring to make me regret letting go of a great Funhouse for this game

Did you sell to buy GnR?If you did I don’t think pictures of a very shitty BM66 should effect your decision

#1452 3 years ago

But you can do the wifi update too right? Such an awesome feature.

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note
==============================================================================
== Version 01.07 October 20, 2020 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: c19daccf6a672211721cb431b09feabc ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: 506c30f4ac1df95f8c86392b6c47c79f ==
==============================================================================
- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.00, v01.01,
v01.02, v01.03, v01.04, v01.05, or v01.06

#1453 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

It’s the only pin I’ve thought about putting Pin-stadiums on to try and improve the light on the playing surface to trick my brain from seeing the ribbed imperfections

It looks like a plastic privacy screen from the 1950’s

#1454 3 years ago

So anybody have any fresh comments or thoughts about the song modes? I know the songs, light show and rules are a bit different, but especially with regards to the rules, do the modes feel different? Or do they all feel the same in the multiball pandemonium? What are some of the different tasks you have to carry out in the song modes?

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did you sell to buy GnR?If you did I don’t think pictures of a very shitty BM66 should effect your decision

I actually traded the FH and 3K for GnR LE, taxes shipping and all so not a bad deal. I was thinking and hoping that they had gotten the
PF issues solved. Looking at that hole on that GnR makes me think they didnt. People can tell me all day long that that is pinball and its no big deal and dimples happen but I call bullshit. I have 20 something year old games without a dimple or wear spot or ink chipping off. That is just not giving a shit about your product. As far as the BM66, Stern has been putting out shit like that for as long as I can remember. I would buy another PF and get over it.

#1456 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

So anybody have any fresh comments or thoughts about the song modes? I know the songs, light show and rules are a bit different, but especially with regards to the rules, do the modes feel different? Or do they all feel the same in the multiball pandemonium? What are some of the different tasks you have to carry out in the song modes?

Very often I start songs with no balls locked. Not the optimal strategy but that happens. Song modes are alot like JJPOTC chapters to me rules wise. You have shots to make but they are varied too. For example November Rain is a switch frenzy so multiball helps and add a ball helps. Other songs like Better are a collection of x shots, then center scoop to either tap out or add a ball. Then 3 or perhaps 4 shots. Then center scoop. and so on. LOTS and LOTS of risk / reward in this game. Eric and Keith and Joe are thinking man's players to me and that is reflected in the rules. But you cannot just trap up or you risk getting booed off and having Slash say something like "if you were any less talented, I would swear you were a promoter" or maybe even "This is worse than St. Louis" (Ouch!). Cool strategies good mix of rules and shots to clear.

Of course there is the adjustable 3-minute rule to get to album wizard mode but it's Keith so that isn't good enough there is gold and platinum to factor in by pushing your luck during the songs from that particular album. The Chinese Democracy wizard mode rules the Earth but the others are great fun too.

The 2-ball multiballs break up the pace and prevent long slogs to get through things. The more I learn the more I enjoy it.

#1457 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Very often I start songs with no balls locked. Not the optimal strategy but that happens. Song modes are alot like JJPOTC chapters to me rules wise. You have shots to make but they are varied too. For example November Rain is a switch frenzy so multiball helps and add a ball helps. Other songs like Better are a collection of x shots, then center scoop to either tap out or add a ball. Then 3 or perhaps 4 shots. Then center scoop. and so on. LOTS and LOTS of risk / reward in this game. Eric and Keith and Joe are thinking man's players to me and that is reflected in the rules. But you cannot just trap up or you risk getting booed off and having Slash say something like "if you were any less talented, I would swear you were a promoter" or maybe even "This is worse than St. Louis" (Ouch!). Cool strategies good mix of rules and shots to clear.
Of course there is the adjustable 3-minute rule to get to album wizard mode but it's Keith so that isn't good enough there is gold and platinum to factor in by pushing your luck during the songs from that particular album. The Chinese Democracy wizard mode rules the Earth but the others are great fun too.
The 2-ball multiballs break up the pace and prevent long slogs to get through things. The more I learn the more I enjoy it.

This about sums up my thoughts as well. Lol.

#1458 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I actually traded the FH and 3K for GnR LE, taxes shipping and all so not a bad deal.

I know Funhouse is a classic game, but you got a smoking deal!! I'd take that deal all day long man.

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

A bit of good news for those with concerns is this. I've put probably 40 or 50 games on mine now and the playfield looks smooth as glass. Not 1 divet that I can spot. I expect divets by the way, they also dont bother me, part of playing. But I'm telling you, this machine still looks perfect. On my Stern JP I saw divets after a handful of games. So, whatever this new Mirco process is, its working.

What's you 're build date?

#1460 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You wanna see pooling?
Have a ganders of my shit box NIB IMDN
What did Stern do - Jack shit...
Or how about my NIB Ribbed BM66?
Crickets!
Here’s hoping GnR is good to me
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dam, you could ski slalom over that BM66

#1461 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You wanna see pooling?
Have a ganders of my shit box NIB IMDN
What did Stern do - Jack shit...
Or how about my NIB Ribbed BM66?
Crickets!
Here’s hoping GnR is good to me
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn! Ribbed for your (dis) pleasure...Sorry man that sucks..What did the Distro say they could do about it?

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you know if any of the recent updates fixe the power chord jackpot call out?

The callout says super jackpot. It would be awesome if they could get Melissa to say power chord or have a cool riff. I think they added the power chord rule late in development so it probably wasn't recorded in the voice sessions.

#1463 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

What's you 're build date?

All I saw was 10/20. No specific day unless I'm not looking in the right spot.

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I actually traded the FH and 3K for GnR LE, taxes shipping and all so not a bad deal. I was thinking and hoping that they had gotten the
PF issues solved. Looking at that hole on that GnR makes me think they didnt. People can tell me all day long that that is pinball and its no big deal and dimples happen but I call bullshit. I have 20 something year old games without a dimple or wear spot or ink chipping off. That is just not giving a shit about your product. As far as the BM66, Stern has been putting out shit like that for as long as I can remember. I would buy another PF and get over it.

Yelp bird just said his playfield looks fine,it seems to me like the pooling pics could have been from a torched prototype.

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yelp bird just said his playfield looks fine,it seems to me like the pooling pics could have been from a torched prototype.

That's good to hear. If I could just get one before the end of the year?

#1466 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Just played my friends GNR LE at lunch time. NO clear coat post issued or VUK wear issues. ZERO!

6802E315-442C-43B9-BDC1-5FD24213FFDE (resized).jpeg6802E315-442C-43B9-BDC1-5FD24213FFDE (resized).jpegBD6BAEFD-5879-410C-B6DE-3F26F9137008 (resized).jpegBD6BAEFD-5879-410C-B6DE-3F26F9137008 (resized).jpeg
#1467 3 years ago

Damn, that is one good looking game. I hope there is more to do than funhouse.

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Damn, that is one good looking game. I hope there is more to do than funhouse.

I will warn you, the first dozen or so games felt just ok to me. I didnt have the machine dialed in. Just plugged it in and played. Lots of little adjustments needed to be done. Just normal stuff. Once I leveled the game, adjusted flipper strength, played with the volume levels, learned some rules, got a feel for the shots, etc... Its incredible. You'll be happy.

#1469 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I was told my BM66 when I opened the box I noticed it immediately - not uncommon!!

JP LE in the same condition ... 0 shits given by Stern.

#1470 3 years ago

I will warn you, the first dozen or so games felt just ok to me. I didnt have the machine dialed in. Just plugged it in and played. Lots of little adjustments needed to be done. Just normal stuff. Once I leveled the game, adjusted flipper strength, played with the volume levels, learned some rules, got a feel for the shots, etc... Its incredible. You'll be happy.

Well then its a good thing that the tech at Joystix is a good friend and is the one who helped me do the deal and get the FH ready to trade. I will wait for him to help me get it out of the box and let him play the first game because of all his help. he will update the software if needed and make it play perfectly.

#1471 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well then its a good thing that the tech at Joystix is a good friend and is the one who helped me do the deal and get the FH ready to trade. I will wait for him to help me get it out of the box and let him play the first game because of all his help. he will update the software if needed and make it play perfectly.

And then you get to play,right?

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Damn! Ribbed for your (dis) pleasure...Sorry man that sucks..What did the Distro say they could do about it?

I made the vendor aware after I unboxed it.
He asked for photos, said it was not uncommon.
We agreed they would get passed to Stern but that was pretty much it. I just thought well....this is the way it is......having seen other guys getting blanked from Stern on the other playfield thread. I can’t blame the vendor as its not his doing if Stern don’t budge or see fault.
Very disappointing indeed!

#1473 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Quoted from Skyemont:

Just played my friends GNR LE at lunch time. NO clear coat post issued or VUK wear issues. ZERO![quoted image][quoted image]

All good news, hopefully the new machines going forward all have the new clear process and the ones that don't which become damaged already received are made whole by JJP.

#1474 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just played my friends GNR LE at lunch time. NO clear coat post issued or VUK wear issues. ZERO![quoted image][quoted image]

I even like the Color of the flipper bats
Black and red - good attention to detail !

#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I even like the Color of the flipper bats
Black and red - good attention to detail !

I found myself just singing along like I was at a concert. Fun as shit. NO OTHER music pin has done that to me.

#1476 3 years ago

I got to say it would be nice if someone like Keith from JJP could say something to ease concerns of the machines that are coming out now?I realize that can’t necessarily address the past issues but they need a spokesman here occasionally.

#1477 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I found myself just singing along like I was at a concert. Fun as shit. NO OTHER music pin has done that to me.

Yeah, I like Kiss but to have 21 GnR songs is awesome!

#1478 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I got to say it would be nice if someone like Keith from JJP could say something to ease concerns of the machines that are coming out now?I realize that can’t necessarily address the past issues but they need a spokesman here occasionally.

They don't say anything relevant on here....

#1479 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

They don't say anything relevant on here....

Keith has been here from time to time to clarify programming and such ?????

#1480 3 years ago

That LE just looks stunning.
Absolutely stunning.

#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I tend to dance and jump up and down while playing Aerosmith, i have to say.

#1482 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I tend to dance and jump up and down while playing Aerosmith, i have to say.

Like this

D8DFB038-6ABC-4531-AF6D-17DCD2177780 (resized).pngD8DFB038-6ABC-4531-AF6D-17DCD2177780 (resized).png
#1483 3 years ago

Sort of, but more like this....

df27 (resized).jpgdf27 (resized).jpg

#1484 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Micro said they now have more durable playfields, called Spectrum playfields

picard (resized).jpgpicard (resized).jpg

He said spectrum because it was a BALLY SPECTRUM playfield he was demoing on.

He said he's been working on the new formulation/process for about a year, and will be used on PFs going forward.. but he didn't give a date/point when the cutover really happened. Who knows when that process will make it into GNR builds...

#1485 3 years ago

Hence now anything new is to be called The Spectrum......

#1486 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Like this
[quoted image]

whut, where.

#1487 3 years ago

No machine yet, but my ex has a hobby that works to make a topper. Pic attached of preliminary work. Figuring a way to add some lighting to it. What are your thoughts out there?

GNR proto (resized).jpgGNR proto (resized).jpg
#1488 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

No machine yet, but my ex has a hobby that works to make a topper. Pic attached of preliminary work. Figuring a way to add some lighting to it. What are your thoughts out there?
[quoted image]

Holes in the eyes, music notes cut in th record, red led behind eyes, rgb behind notes, and figure out how to make the record spin but not the skull. Boom

#1489 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Dan at pinwoofer is great to work with... I love his speaker and amp set ups!

Wow - what a great compliment! Here's something from our blog that's relevant to the audio discussion over the past day:

Below is the account of what we did here at PinWoofer to our Jersey Jack Pinball (JJP) electronics in an attempt to improve the backbox sound field, and to address some of the constraints inherent in the platform.

First, the JJP backbox consists of a mid-range speaker and dome tweeter on each side. The speaker components themselves are well aligned to what one will find in a high fidelity speaker system having a separate tweeter/mid-range/(woofer) arrangement enclosed in a speaker cabinet. The JJP backbox speaker enclosure is at / near ear-level which differs from most other pinball platforms (honestly, it looks VERY cool). The JJP tweeters point directly at the player. But, here is the critical part - the mid-range backbox speakers point vertically and the sound is reflected off of internal wood panels, angled towards the player position. This is a unique speaker implementation in pinball. So, does it matter? We think it does because the mid-range is reflected towards the listener as opposed to facing the player.

Imagine your home theater system in your viewing room and your listening perspective being from an adjacent room or hallway. Ask yourself how would it sound. The reflections of otherwise clean audio will be altered by walls, floors, ceiling and doorways. Perhaps the result can be described as an "echoing" effect as mid-range sound energy is absorbed as it propagates and reflects towards the listener perspective. This of course is not ideal and this scenario may be a slight exaggeration of the backbox experience of a JJP title compared to a Stern title for example, but you get the point. The reflected mid-range sounds emanating from the backbox change as energy is lost due to the reflection, and the listener receives something that has been altered by the environment, easily described as a loss of mid-range fidelity. So, the conclusion is that the resulting audio from the listeners perspective is not at its full potential. (JJP uses good backbox mid-range speakers and if they were facing the player, they would sound better.) Skilled listeners hear the effects of this placement and readily understand the problem; casual listeners have simply described the sound as "tinny".

JJP has taken the approach of adding a sound bar on top of the CE backbox and while this is a potential means to partially "fix" the platform issues discussed above (that is, making up for reflected mid-range speakers), to do this yourself on a SE/LE, you now have additional wiring from the cabinet and additional power cables cluttering your area. You need a solution to affix the sound bar so it does not vibrate and fall onto the playfield glass. Add an external sub and these problems are compounded (a complex and messy solution). Also, and too important to not mention, are the lack of equalization and tone controls which is something that the PinWoofer GT amplifier provides as part of its rich feature set, but not available today in the menu settings of most / all JJP titles.

In an attempt to address / mitigate the above constraints, we set out to add back in some of the high bass and mid-range to temper the "tinny" character of the platform by making changes to our Expander Board(TM). In large part we feel that we were successful considering the constraints. Feedback has been positive for JJP titles and we are finding that we have something that has improved the backbox field and of course, there is no question the bass emanating from the cabinet sub is dramatically improved with the PinWoofer GT amplifier and speaker upgrade.

The network analyzer curve from our JJP Expander Board shows in part, how we have addressed backbox response through targeted filtering of the signal presented to the pre-amp. Even with observed high-end roll-off there is an abundance of high end treble.

It is unfortunate that you pay $8-12K for a world-class title (and JJP has some great ones) only to find yourself trying to select, add and to juggle external sound bars, subwoofers, audio splitters and cables, only to end up with a lackluster solution. You'll have no means to fine-tune the tone and levels from a central location. You are stuck with the defaults after all of that time, effort and expense. The cost of adding the parts and pieces for external components is comparable to the PinWoofer solution and our solution requires little effort to install and includes tech support. The PinWoofer solution is by far the easiest solution, delivering superior audio with perfect all-internal integration!

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-audio-overview/

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Micro said they now have more durable playfields, called Spectrum playfields

Yep. And funny enough, they will all look like this.

I hope we don’t get bored of this layout being used on every game.

1965BE1D-8DC7-4C4B-B12B-043D0664D0F9 (resized).jpeg1965BE1D-8DC7-4C4B-B12B-043D0664D0F9 (resized).jpeg
#1491 3 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I joined the club today!
Just a heads up - I had a "trough errror" that was a result of 3 plugs pulling free from the motherboard in the head (right side of board) - I found a 2 years old thread about Pirates with the exact issue - and with that info, I plugged them in and all was fine. Here's a link to that old thread if you had that issue - it has to do with how the zip tied the cables and folded the head:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brand-new-jjp-pirates-unpacking-trough-error
Another note- I also had a tilt bob error. I didn't realize they installed it and it was surrounded by foam causing it to lock as tilted. I removed the foam and again, all was well.
The machine is beautiful - and absolutely Jack's best effort yet. Incredible, effort all around.
Now to enjoy the machine!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pinballs.com #1.. Congrats on your game ..

#1492 3 years ago

Ok guys, next little annoying thing that needs attention. This one probably will require a fix from JJP. When you hit the right ramp and go into the drumsticks, if the ball carries enough momentum, it wont roll down between the drumsticks. It actually rolls between the right drumstick and the inside of the cabinet!! Then when it hits the wire form guide at the bottom, it falls off the end of the stick onto the playfield. There is no guide to the right of the drumsticks to prevent this from happening. Eventually, the ball will form a line down the inside of the cabinet. Not to mention its just annoying to not have the ball feed the flipper. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

#1493 3 years ago

Ok guys, next little annoying thing that needs attention. This one probably will require a fix from JJP. When you hit the right ramp and go into the drumsticks, if the ball carries enough momentum, it wont roll down between the drumsticks. It actually rolls between the right drumstick and the inside of the cabinet!! Then when it hits the wire form guide at the bottom, it falls off the end of the stick onto the playfield. There is no guide to the right of the drumsticks to prevent this from happening. Eventually, the ball will form a line down the inside of the cabinet. Not to mention its just annoying to not have the ball feed the flipper. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

I’d put that on new game speed. I haven’t seen that so I’d take a close look at how everything is assembled. I’ve played hundreds of games so far.

Sometimes a super fast clean right ramp shot will hit the side of the cabinet but it will always roll down the sticks properly to the catwalk wire form.

#1494 3 years ago

Never had this happen to date. Might tell us how you leveled game and what adjustments you made in the flippers.

#1495 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never had this happen to date. Might tell us how you leveled game and what adjustments you made in the flippers.

Good point. My flippers are default settings and are plenty powerful. I could see overpowered flippers and a low pitch causing this.

#1496 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never had this happen to date. Might tell us how you leveled game

Check the playfield itself in a couple spots. Be sure the game is level left to right first. Then at least a 6/12 degree pitch.

Make sure the playfield hangers that slip into the lockdown bar receiver are straight. And that the playfield is centered in the cabinet.

You might post a picture too. Others with a game can compare to theirs.

LTG : )

#1497 3 years ago

I have not seen this happen on mine either.

#1498 3 years ago

Playfield is at 7°, definitely level left to right. I did up the flipper power by 3 on each flipper to help alleviate the floaty weak flipper feel. But it wasn't that big of a boost. Let me go place a ball in there and take a pic. Be right back.

#1499 3 years ago
20201022_211835 (resized).jpg20201022_211835 (resized).jpg20201022_211854 (resized).jpg20201022_211854 (resized).jpg20201022_211923 (resized).jpg20201022_211923 (resized).jpg20201022_212205 (resized).jpg20201022_212205 (resized).jpg20201022_212233 (resized).jpg20201022_212233 (resized).jpg
#1500 3 years ago

If anything the playfield needs to go up a hair on the left which will make the situation worse. You can see, top, middle, and bottom of sticks, ball rests easily against the side of the cabinet

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/30?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.