IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 569.
#15401 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Youā€™re like my enthusiastic stepbrother, Vesp. And Iā€™m not sure what it means, Val Kilmer said it in a western of some descript in the 90ā€™s, but Iā€™m your Huckleberry!

That's the name of Val's memoir.

But what did ā€œI'm your huckleberry mean?ā€ In the Old West being a huckleberry meant you were game, up for anything. It also meant that you were the one to bring trouble to your opponent. According to Urbandictionary.com ā€œI'm your huckleberryā€ is the rough equivalent of saying ā€œI'm the man you're looking for.ā€

#15402 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Youā€™re like my enthusiastic stepbrother, Vesp. And Iā€™m not sure what it means, Val Kilmer said it in a western of some descript in the 90ā€™s, but Iā€™m your Huckleberry!

I like this one.

"Obviously, the phrase ā€œIā€™m your huckleberryā€ wasnā€™t meant as a friendly greeting. If your friends greet you this way, you might want to consider getting new friends.

Holliday says ā€œIā€™m your huckleberryā€ again when he meets Ringo in the clearing. He shoots Ringo dead after saying it, using a pistol."

https://texashillcountry.com/truth-meaning-doc-holliday-huckleberry/

#15403 2 years ago

When starting a song, is there any advantage / disadvantage to just accepting and playing the song that they give you rather than pressing the action button to pick a song of your own choice? I know obviously some songs are easier and some are more difficult, but with all other things equal, is it best to just play the song that the game gives you?

#15404 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

When starting a song, is there any advantage / disadvantage to just accepting and playing the song that they give you rather than pressing the action button to pick a song of your own choice? I know obviously some songs are easier and some are more difficult, but with all other things equal, is it best to just play the song that the game gives you?

Supposedly the song value is 15 points higher if you stick with the selected song. I haven't see proof of this though as you don't see your song value until it starts

#15405 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I did read somewhere (could be in the deep dive rule tutorial) that choosing a new song will lessen your score and its best to play out the song that is already selected for you.

#15406 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yes, a work of art for sure.. you'll have to flash a couple G's if you want to drop the top.

Yeah, but the more i see of it the more my bank account starts to cry since it knows whats coming.

#15407 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Supposedly the song value is 15 points higher if you stick with the selected song. I haven't see proof of this though as you don't see your song value until it starts

Quoted from Riffbear:

I did read somewhere (could be in the deep dive rule tutorial) that choosing a new song will lessen your score and its best to play out the song that is already selected for you.

The way I confirmed the +15 points for song level on this was glass off, use Jam lanes/target to light song and did not lock any balls. Default song = song level 25. Picking a song = song level 10. Hence, +15. I also did the same test with taking a song patch which added +30, but I didnā€™t test every song patch and donā€™t remember which patch I tested with (Live and Let Die?).

Maybe Iā€™ll do more testing to reconfirm these settings with the newer code in the near future.

#15408 2 years ago

One shooter rod to rule them all

E0D08AAF-73F0-4896-808F-B39768F0EA5E (resized).jpegE0D08AAF-73F0-4896-808F-B39768F0EA5E (resized).jpeg
#15409 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:Some spiffy miniatures and a custom bracket and it is much improved.

Looks good there - what did you use for a bracket and how did you attach it?

#15410 2 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

This exact thing happens when my wife picks the song on the car radio.

#15411 2 years ago

You can choose songs without using the action button and being penalized by hitting the stand up targets after qualifying for a song. To choose a song hit the target that represents the album that you want the song from and that will light the insert. The song will be displayed on the upper display. To change the song hit the same target again until you get the one you want any start the song by hitting the scoop as normal. The only real default songs are the first ones in the album that you are in and start the song without hitting a target more than once. This is why you hear the songs change when the song is lit. You are hitting the targets changing the songs, I think lol

#15412 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Speakers definitely need to be upgraded on this game. Any suggestions on speakers?

I finally ordered a Pinwoofer kit last night .
I messaged Dan last night and he got back to me almost instantly . He answered all my questions and made the ordering process so easy .
I can't say what the kit sounds like but the customer service has been exceptional .

#15413 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I messaged Dan last night and he got back to me almost instantly . He answered all my questions and made the ordering process so easy .
I can't say what the kit sounds like but the customer service has been exceptional .

You won't be sorry. Great bit of kit from an exceptional guy.

Don'tTellThemFuckersIMadeAnotherPositivePostPunkin

#15414 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's the name of Val's memoir.
But what did ā€œI'm your huckleberry mean?ā€ In the Old West being a huckleberry meant you were game, up for anything. It also meant that you were the one to bring trouble to your opponent. According to Urbandictionary.com ā€œI'm your huckleberryā€ is the rough equivalent of saying ā€œI'm the man you're looking for.ā€

Wasn't it " I'll be your huckle bearer" that was said to Ringo?

Huckle meaning the carrying handle on the coffin , and Bearer well meaning one of the men who will carry him.

#15415 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You won't be sorry. Great bit of kit from an exceptional guy.
Don'tTellThemFuckersIMadeAnotherPositivePostPunkin

Now theyā€™ll just say youā€™re a shill, these people are impossible to please. Actually, your being part of the chorus on the pinwoofer upgrade helped push me over the edge. You and everyone else on this shill of a thread.

Dan is amazing. I bought my kit secondhand (had never been installed) and the original owner didnā€™t get the memo that he was one of the very few who got a kit with tweeter brackets that didnā€™t fit with the back glass. Dan looked up the serial and is presently sending me fitting tweeters, didnā€™t care that I was a secondary buyer. Iā€™ll get to finally hear it properly by Thursday! Dan is amazing.

#15416 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Wasn't it " I'll be your huckle bearer" that was said to Ringo?
Huckle meaning the carrying handle on the coffin , and Bearer well meaning one of the men who will carry him.

He said ā€œIā€™ll be your Huckleberryā€ as in a cartoon about a blue hobo hound. Thatā€™s why Doc gets TB and sweats a lot like a dog (even tho dogs donā€™t sweat)

0AD6EF9C-7E85-48D3-9AF4-BFE2C6AF8E54.gif0AD6EF9C-7E85-48D3-9AF4-BFE2C6AF8E54.gif

#15417 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Now theyā€™ll just say youā€™re a shill, these people are impossible to please. Actually, your being part of the chorus on the pinwoofer upgrade helped push me over the edge. You and everyone else on this shill of a thread.
Dan is amazing. I bought my kit secondhand (had never been installed) and the original owner didnā€™t get the memo that he was one of the very few who got a kit with tweeter brackets that didnā€™t fit with the back glass. Dan looked up the serial and is presently sending me fitting tweeters, didnā€™t care that I was a secondary buyer. Iā€™ll get to finally hear it properly by Thursday! Dan is amazing.

They wouldn't be wrong, i have been shilling for Pinwoofer as i believe in the product and the service. I truly believe that the product improves games to at LEAST the value of the cost and that new owners will be totally happy with the kit.

pinstadium, on the other hand, has almost equally as good service, but the product is not in the same order.

#15418 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

He said ā€œIā€™ll be your Huckleberryā€ as in a cartoon about a blue hobo hound. Thatā€™s why Doc gets TB and sweats a lot like a dog (even tho dogs donā€™t sweat)
[quoted image]

If you check the link i posted, it goes into both the hypothesis (not the cartoon though)

#15419 2 years ago

Maybe because Doc is a sly dog?

24FCAD14-19BB-421C-B9B5-C9799869455C.gif24FCAD14-19BB-421C-B9B5-C9799869455C.gif
#15420 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

They wouldn't be wrong, i have been shilling for Pinwoofer as i believe in the product and the service. I truly believe that the product improves games to at LEAST the value of the cost and that new owners will be totally happy with the kit.
pinstadium, on the other hand, has almost equally as good service, but the product is not in the same order.

I think the concert edition pinstadiums may hold their value and be well worth it for this game. The integration is supposed to be seamless and amazing.

I'm anxiously awaiting mine.

I want the pinwoofer kit so bad, but I can't get it now and I hardly ever listen to / play it at high volumes. I would love to get it someday tho.

#15421 2 years ago

I don't need more lights in my GnR.

I did in my Deadpool when i got it, but sling spots and trough lights would have sufficed.

#15422 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't need more lights in my GnR.
I did in my Deadpool when i got it, but sling spots and trough lights would have sufficed.

There are a lot of lights.

But pinstadiums are down facing. So they will illuminate the playfield. Plus I have an SE so my hot rails are white only. The CE's are integrated to the GI so they will mimic the light shows.

That couple with the down facing instead of player facing lighting, to me, makes this definitely worth it. I've always been a sucker for lights tho. Not just pinball. Show cars, Christmas, Halloween, etc etc.

I am also a bit of an (old) audiophile so the pinwoofer stuff is pulling at me constantly.

#15423 2 years ago

Meanwhile the rest of us when we visit your house

DE285739-4BCC-4C05-90F7-A1A0BF11D412.gifDE285739-4BCC-4C05-90F7-A1A0BF11D412.gif
#15424 2 years ago

Well, 94 games in the books now on my game. I think I've solved a couple issues but not all.

First of all, playfield looks great so far, no hint of pooling or any other problems yet, so that's good.

I found the autolaunch to be weak, and occasionally taking two tries to launch a ball out. I was able to raise this by just one increment in the coil settings and now it seems perfect.

I found that I was getting a lot of weak flips right into the out lanes and that the left ramp was real hard to get to. I raised the flipper power by one increment in the coil settings and now the game plays much better.

As of right now though, my biggest issue is the center scoop! After about 70 or so games, my center scoop was firing balls SDTM. As suggested in the thread, I slightly loosened the 2 screws holding the center scoop in, then twisted it as far to the left as I could (there was a bit of play so I was able to turn it enough. Re-tightened and it was fantastic. However put 24 more games in the book and the scoop is once again firing the balls SDTM. I know one person in here suggested tilting up the scoop with a washer or two underneath but I don't quite have the dexterity to do that without removing the upper playfield (which I think is beyond my novice abilities, at least for now, maybe I'll build up more confidence).

So basically, I was able to correct the problem, only for the problem to be back within 24 games. Why is the scoop working it's way over like that? Would you suggest lowering the power of the scoop so that it doesn't work it's way out of alignment? I don't know, but I can't be removing my glass after every 25 games, there has to be a more long lasting fix.

Has anybody ever contact JJP Support about this issue? What have they said?

#15425 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Well, 94 games in the books now on my game. I think I've solved a couple issues but not all.
First of all, playfield looks great so far, no hint of pooling or any other problems yet, so that's good.
I found the autolaunch to be weak, and occasionally taking two tries to launch a ball out. I was able to raise this by just one increment in the coil settings and now it seems perfect.
I found that I was getting a lot of weak flips right into the out lanes and that the left ramp was real hard to get to. I raised the flipper power by one increment in the coil settings and now the game plays much better.
As of right now though, my biggest issue is the center scoop! After about 70 or so games, my center scoop was firing balls SDTM. As suggested in the thread, I slightly loosened the 2 screws holding the center scoop in, then twisted it as far to the left as I could (there was a bit of play so I was able to turn it enough. Re-tightened and it was fantastic. However put 24 more games in the book and the scoop is once again firing the balls SDTM. I know one person in here suggested tilting up the scoop with a washer or two underneath but I don't quite have the dexterity to do that without removing the upper playfield (which I think is beyond my novice abilities, at least for now, maybe I'll build up more confidence).
So basically, I was able to correct the problem, only for the problem to be back within 24 games. Why is the scoop working it's way over like that? Would you suggest lowering the power of the scoop so that it doesn't work it's way out of alignment? I don't know, but I can't be removing my glass after every 25 games, there has to be a more long lasting fix.

Add two washers to each screw on the left side of the scoop as youā€™re looking at it with the playfield up. Fixed mine this way - center of the left flipper every time now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15426 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Add two washers to each screw on the left side of the scoop as youā€™re looking at it with the playfield up. Fixed mine this way - center of the left flipper every time now.

Wait, I think Iā€™ve been stupid. Someone said something about being able to loosen/shift the scoop without removing the upper pf before, and I couldnā€™t find a way to get a driver in there, but I was only looking from the top of the playfield. I figured I just couldnā€™t find the right tool. Are you saying it can be loosened from underneath? Itā€™s been a long time since I did all that (while I was installing cliffys) but I didnā€™t catch that that might be possible. Or am I reading wrong because itā€™s past my bedtime perhaps?

#15427 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Make sure game is 100% level from l to r!

#15428 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Iā€™m having a hard time followingā€¦
Add the washers on the underside of the playfield?
Can you provide a pic?

#15429 2 years ago

I recommend PinMonk "Guns Nā€™ Roses Airball Drain Barrier" 100%!
The shipment to Canada was very fast, carefully packed and in a very solid box. This is a must buy in my opinion, so I thank you for making this Vireland.

(I got it a few days ago but I was waiting for some rubbers to do full maintenance ā€¦)

1103D8C8-11FF-4AD3-8387-EC2868D2321B (resized).jpeg1103D8C8-11FF-4AD3-8387-EC2868D2321B (resized).jpeg364BA82E-D0E0-4579-91BA-71FCEEB5FB97 (resized).jpeg364BA82E-D0E0-4579-91BA-71FCEEB5FB97 (resized).jpeg
#15430 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

The shipment to Canada was very fast, carefully packed and in a very solid box. This is a must buy in my opinion, so I thank you for making this Vireland.
(I got it a few days ago but I was waiting for some rubbers to do full maintenance
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"294af181abc718c63ada4f291a4ee05b617c74b6-1632809095-1800"};
//]]>

ā€¦)[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that on the market page or a DM to PinMonk

#15431 2 years ago

https://pinmonk.com/products/guns-n-roses-airball-drain-barrier ā€¦. It is worth it Chaka

Guaranteed that it will save you a few:-"Sh**!" and :-"Ohh F**k man!!"

#15432 2 years ago

I say that regardless

#15433 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Appreciate the reply. So these washers go under the playfield? I lifted mine up just now and took a picture of the bottom of the scoop. So in this picture, it's the screw in the upper left and lower left of this view that need additional washers? Also note that there appears to be a screw missing from the upper right. What size screw/washer should be here, the center scoop assembly does not appear to be in the manual for some reason.

under_scoop (resized).jpgunder_scoop (resized).jpg
#15434 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

(I got it a few days ago but I was waiting for some rubbers to do full maintenance ā€¦)[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the recommendation!

It'a available on pinmonk.com:
https://pinmonk.com/products/guns-n-roses-airball-drain-barrier

And here on pinside in the pinmonk store:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/05363-jjp-gnr-airball-drain-barrier

Also good to note that pinballlife.com is carrying both the GnR airball shield and the GnR tibetan breeze kits now, too. They just added the TB kits for GnR, so it may be a few more days before they show up there. Ministryofpinball.com will also have both soon for European pinheads.

#15435 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Appreciate the reply. So these washers go under the playfield? I lifted mine up just now and took a picture of the bottom of the scoop. So in this picture, it's the screw in the upper left and lower left of this view that need additional washers? Also note that there appears to be a screw missing from the upper right. What size screw/washer should be here, the center scoop assembly does not appear to be in the manual for some reason.[quoted image]

So the washers need to push the left side down so they need to be in between the scoop and the playfield. Its a little tricky to get them in there but doable. Not sure on the size of the screw. Its probably sitting in the bottom of your cabinet somewhere.

#15436 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Iā€™m having a hard time followingā€¦
Add the washers on the underside of the playfield?
Can you provide a pic?

I literally just left on a business trip last night so no pics. But, yes - washers on the underside of the PF.

Remove the 4 screws that hold the scoop to the underside of the PF and add two washers to each screw to both screws on the left hand side (between the playfield and the mech) so that the scoop is ever so slightly canted to the left and it will move the eject farther up on the left flipper.

#15437 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Appreciate the reply. So these washers go under the playfield? So in this picture, it's the screw in the upper left and lower left of this view that need additional washers?

Yes.

The washers get placed on the left screws between the playfield and the mech.

#15438 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Are you saying it can be loosened from underneath?

Yes.

I tried shifting mine at first with no real change. The washer trick worked for me.

#15439 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Wait, I think Iā€™ve been stupid. Someone said something about being able to loosen/shift the scoop without removing the upper pf before, and I couldnā€™t find a way to get a driver in there, but I was only looking from the top of the playfield. I figured I just couldnā€™t find the right tool. Are you saying it can be loosened from underneath? Itā€™s been a long time since I did all that (while I was installing cliffys) but I didnā€™t catch that that might be possible. Or am I reading wrong because itā€™s past my bedtime perhaps?

You can most certainly adjust the scoop direction without taking off the upper playfield. I did this recently after I installed a cliffy and had the scoop facing down the middle. You just need the right form factor of a screwdriver or a quarter inch driver to get through the metallic guitar part. Careful not to strip the screw because it won't be at a perfectly perpendicular angle.

PXL_20210928_131101482 (resized).jpgPXL_20210928_131101482 (resized).jpgPXL_20210928_131121433 (resized).jpgPXL_20210928_131121433 (resized).jpg
#15440 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I literally just left on a business trip last night so no pics. But, yes - washers on the underside of the PF.
Remove the 4 screws that hold the scoop to the underside of the PF and add two washers to each screw to both screws on the left hand side (between the playfield and the mech) so that the scoop is ever so slightly canted to the left and it will move the eject farther up on the left flipper.

Thanks for the reply... It makes sense now.

#15441 2 years ago

I took the scoop screws out, added blue locktite, held it hard left as I was tightening and it's been 100% for hundreds of games now.

Used a long "magnetic!" skinny screwdriver and didn't remove anything on the playfield.

#15442 2 years ago

Since day one, My lockdown bar sits well in position yet the lock latch underneath, has some obstruction that wonā€™t allow it to move back into locked position (pushed all the way to the right). This way, it interferes with the coin mech from the inside.
Whatā€™s the solution? Iā€™ve tried playing with the 2 screws on the bar but didnā€™t notice it did much.

#15443 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Since day one, My lockdown bar sits well in position yet the lock latch underneath, has some obstruction that wonā€™t allow it to move back into locked position (pushed all the way to the right). This way, it interferes with the coin mech from the inside.
Whatā€™s the solution? Iā€™ve tried playing with the 2 screws on the bar but didnā€™t notice it did much.

I needed to tweak the little tabs that hang down a little bit and that solved my lock bar issues.

#15444 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Howā€™s goin bud .I have too many hours to count working on this pin itā€™s a part time job.Anyway if you want it fixed for good take it out,screw to a piece of wood,put painters tape on hood and twist with pliers down and to the left otherwise it will keep coming loose .

30AC0D16-C17B-4D2F-98DB-F4E7CB8E3154 (resized).jpeg30AC0D16-C17B-4D2F-98DB-F4E7CB8E3154 (resized).jpegB2DA7C35-10CC-4232-9E5B-B5C83AAC1FA9 (resized).jpegB2DA7C35-10CC-4232-9E5B-B5C83AAC1FA9 (resized).jpegB61F4417-534A-447F-98E2-07DDCFBEDF1D (resized).jpegB61F4417-534A-447F-98E2-07DDCFBEDF1D (resized).jpegE6B14309-DF16-452A-BBDB-EBE573667447 (resized).jpegE6B14309-DF16-452A-BBDB-EBE573667447 (resized).jpeg
#15445 2 years ago

Sorr that was supposed to be a side PM oops

#15446 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I needed to tweak the little tabs that hang down a little bit and that solved my lock bar issues.

Do you recall what way you bent the tabs? Mine is a pita as well to get in the locked position.
Thanks!

#15447 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Same here, expecting it next week!

#15448 2 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Do you recall what way you bent the tabs? Mine is a pita as well to get in the locked position.
Thanks!

I donā€™t man, I just fiddled with them until they worked right. They bend very easily so be a little careful but it wasnā€™t hard at all.

#15449 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I donā€™t man, I just fiddled with them until they worked right. They bend very easily so be a little careful but it wasnā€™t hard at all.

Thanks... I'm on it

#15450 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:https://pinmonk.com/products/guns-n-roses-airball-drain-barrier ā€¦. It is worth it Chaka
Guaranteed that it will save you a few:-"Sh**!" and :-"Ohh F**k man!!"

You talked me into it .
I was going to make one at work , but it's always fun to get something in the mail

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 309 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/309?hl=famdockevin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.