Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 560.
#15101 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

I’m having a switch matrix issue with #47
The left ramp diverter is getting stuck down.
I do to the switch test and sometimes it’s up, I switch it down and it won’t go back up?
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Found this
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/55#post-6177412

#15103 2 years ago

So to this point I thought I maybe avoided the flipper issue, I chalked it up to not usually playing super long gate times, but tonight I played for an hour or so and my right flipper started acting funky. It was twitching a bit and overall not as responsive, is this the typical sign for over heating or perhaps something else?!

#15104 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

So to this point I thought I maybe avoided the flipper issue, I chalked it up to not usually playing super long gate times, but tonight I played for an hour or so and my right flipper started acting funky. It was twitching a bit and overall not as responsive, is this the typical sign for over heating or perhaps something else?!

If it works fine cold, may be related to heat (the right flipper coil is the biggest heat problem on GnR, so that makes this suspect for this being heat related), however, there's three other things I can think of that might do this:

1. I'd check the actual switch gap on the flipper button (if the leaves have bent too far away, the connection may be intermittent when you press the flipper button)
2. Check the EOS switch on the flipper
3. Check the coil stop to make sure the post in the middle isn't loose when you take it off

If those all check out, you may have a Tibetan Breeze in your future.

#15105 2 years ago

What is the connection type plug for the hot rails? 3 pin molex? Cheers

#15106 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

What is the connection type plug for the hot rails? 3 pin molex? Cheers

Looks like a "mate n lock" type, mate.
Following post shows using t connectors to splice in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/222#post-6330367

#15107 2 years ago

I have a deposit on an LE now with my local distributor... very psyched to get my game home in the next few weeks!

Anyone know of a source for the JJP flyer for GnR LE? I frame a flyer for every new game I add to my gameroom, and it's usually easy to find them on ebay. No such luck with this one!

#15108 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Anyone know of a source for the JJP flyer for GnR LE? I frame a flyer for every new game I add to my gameroom, and it's usually easy to find them on ebay. No such luck with this one!

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=6765

Looks like front & back

#15109 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have a deposit on an LE now with my local distributor... very psyched to get my game home in the next few weeks!

NEXT FEW WEEKS? sheeeeeeeeeeeet man. Everyone seems to be getting them super fast from distributors...wtf.
Show some direct luv JJP! Who is your distro?

btw, if you prefer PDF each one is the downloads section of the game on JJP website:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GnR_Flyer_LE.pdf

#15110 2 years ago

What do you suppose would happen if a distributor ordered 15 LE's back in November on spec?

Perhaps they'd get them now, and perhaps they'd have a couple that aren't presold and are available for immediate delivery?

Not everything is a conspiracy.

#15111 2 years ago

Thanks for the pointers to download the flyer image. I guess I could go to a Kinko's or somewhere and print it on their better quality printers, but every time I try to do one of those at home on my < $75 HP inkjet, it never looks as good as the factory flyers. Usually I have no problem finding these at the distributors or worst case on Ebay for $8 or 10, but this one seems to be harder to find than other games I've owned.

#15112 2 years ago

I bet if you hit up JJP they might send you one

#15113 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

What do you suppose would happen if a distributor ordered 15 LE's back in November on spec?
Perhaps they'd get them now, and perhaps they'd have a couple that aren't presold and are available for immediate delivery?
Not everything is a conspiracy.

Yeah, it's not a conspiracy. Or if it is, it's a bad one, because why would JJP conspire to prioritize distributor orders that make less margin per unit than direct orders?

Distro stock is obviously becoming available. Could be distros that ordered extra units on top of their customer pre-orders, or units freed up when customers cancelled their pre-orders, or a combination of the two. Either way, we're beginning to see "off the shelf" NIB supply hit the market.

#15114 2 years ago

Err, so I bought a pinwoofer kit from an owner who decided he didn’t want it, and I remember people having issues replacing the backglass after installing the new tweeters. And that’s me now. The instructions mention orienting the “bottom marker hole” downwards, but mine do not have these. Am I just supposed to keep rotating and reinstalling until the back glass fits again?

#15115 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Err, so I bought a pinwoofer kit from an owner who decided he didn’t want it, and I remember people having issues replacing the backglass after installing the new tweeters. And that’s me now. The instructions mention orienting the “bottom marker hole” downwards, but mine do not have these. Am I just supposed to keep rotating and reinstalling until the back glass fits again?

Mount the tweeters so that their terminals are oriented
side to side, and not top to bottom. Do this
by orienting the “Bottom Marker Hole” to the bottom of
the speaker panel. Otherwise, the tweeter assembly
may occupy too much of the backglass slot and
prevent your backglas from being re-installed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/225#post-6336542

PinWoofer to rescue, but maybe a pic of your tweeter.

Screenshot_20210920-204217_Office Mobile (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210920-204217_Office Mobile (resized).jpg
#15116 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Quoted from Vespula:

PinWoofer to rescue, but maybe a pic of your tweeter.

I replied to deejaypee who sent me a PM an hour ago - it will be easier to work with me on this one directly.

#15117 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

I replied to djpletcher who sent me a PM an hour ago - it will be easier to work with me on this one directly.

We're breaking this loose. Please note that this was a narrow scope issue that was corrected in March and affected only a small number of customers, all of whom were contacted and offered a remedy. All tweets since then have fit perfectly.

#15118 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

We're breaking this loose. Please note that this was a narrow scope issue that was corrected in March and affected only a small number of customers, all of whom were contacted and offered a remedy. All tweets since then have fit perfectly.

I recalled this sounded vaguely but hauntingly familiar being a very rare edge case that was posted a while back. Couldn't find the post though. Happy endings are good.

#15119 2 years ago

I have a small issue where the left ramp diverter is too low in the down position, and is clipping balls on the inner orbit or when the ball drop from the upper pf. Is there an adjustment or a fix for this? Cheers

#15120 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks Vespula and @pinwoofer, all will be well. Dan’s gonna let me swap them out for the right bracket. Just my luck to end up with a set from a super exclusive run that you can’t even get your hands on. It’s probably worth more than my house!

Thanks for the help Dan!

#15121 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I have a small issue where the left ramp diverter is too low in the down position, and is clipping balls on the inner orbit or when the ball drop from the upper pf. Is there an adjustment or a fix for this? Cheers

I asked the exact question a couple weeks ago. Super simple. Loosen the nuts that are located right under the ramp slightly then slide it up and re tighten. I think you pull the playfield out to the first position for easier access.

#15122 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I asked the exact question a couple weeks ago. Super simple. Loosen the nuts that are located right under the ramp slightly then slide it up and re tighten. I think you pull the playfield out to the first position for easier access.

Awesome thank you. Do you mean the 2 nuts on the diverter?

#15123 2 years ago

I saw a few post back a question regarding how to safely clean the glass. The easiest answer is get a glass specific microfiber cloth and a spay bottle filled with water. If you have a clean microfiber cloth and water you absolutely can’t hurt the glass. The cloth does the cleaning and not the liquid solution. It will leave 0 streaks if you wipe until the glass is dry and don’t get the cloth soaking wet. If someone played your game after eating greasy food you can always add some isopropyl rubbing alcohol into the water even as low air 25% concentration to help cut the greasy residue if needed. I have never needed anything beyond water for my games.

Then make sure you maintain your cloth correctly by washing them in cold water with detergent that has no fabric softeners in it. A Free and Clear version of detergent. Then dry them on low or let air dry. Fabric softeners will clog the cloth and heat will melt the polyamide fibers and prevent it from catching the dirt and holding it in the cloth. This approach is effective on any glass or screen surface.

Next time you order pinball parts buy a few glass cloths. I have both of the towels below and they work exceptionally well with just water.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=59&search=Glass

https://theragcompany.com/collections/glass-cleaning-towels/products/diamond-weave-glass-window-towel?variant=37726063427767

#15124 2 years ago

Anyone else had issues with balls launching off the main ramp. Sometimes it will hit the bass guitar base plastic ( I think, it happens fast) and roll back down the ramp. Other times it will launch of the diverter at 90 degree angles and hit the right side of the machine. Hitting the base guitar has me worried about damage. It does hit with force! Looking for any solutions

#15125 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

NEXT FEW WEEKS? sheeeeeeeeeeeet man. Everyone seems to be getting them super fast from distributors...wtf.
Show some direct luv JJP! Who is your distro?
btw,

I finally rang my distributor to ask him if he knew when my game was coming , for the first time since I ordered in November .
He said it was on a ship
And now for the long trip down under , at least another 5 or 6 week wait

IMG_20210921_220758 (resized).jpgIMG_20210921_220758 (resized).jpg
#15126 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I recalled this sounded vaguely but hauntingly familiar being a very rare edge case that was posted a while back. Couldn't find the post though. Happy endings are good.

The bracket change was enough to give margin to those few that had the issue.

We also had a couple reports where the guy was unable to remove their backglass in the first place. Meaning, the glass from the factory is not removable using the key alone, and those guys needed to remove the speaker panel to access the backbox.

Quoted from deejaypee:

Thanks for the help Dan!

My pleasure!

#15127 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Loosen the two nuts and pull the diverter up as far as it can go. If it is catching balls underneath it, it's most likely digging into the playfield where the nuts meet the wood on the drop. Place a small piece of something self sticking like the smooth side of velco or foam and place it on the pf there as well just as a precaution. In addition the coil stop seem to have a shallow stop on it as well, maybe look to see if a W/B stop is a little taller which would also stop it from coming all the way down.

** Let me also add although not ideal but works if you cannot find a coil stop with a taller stop you can get a small thin rubber o-ring, take the coil stop off and place the small rubber o ring on top of the stop. Make sure it's within the diameter to fit in the teflon tube and then reassemble and pull the diverter all the way down and note that it stops just above the pf and below the ramp where it passes through. **

In addition you can also reduce the coil strength from 32 default to half that like 16. There is no reason it needs to drop with so much force.

#15128 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Let me also add although not ideal but works if you cannot find a coil stop with a taller stop you can get a small thin rubber o-ring, take the coil stop off and place the small rubber o ring on top of the stop. Make sure it's within the diameter to fit in the teflon tube and then reassemble and pull the diverter all the way down and note that it stops just above the pf and below the ramp where it passes through

you can also adjust the coil stop up or down from under the playfield

#15129 2 years ago

Hi, I have a question related to the 4 multi balls which you have to do first (to get a good score) before starting the song.
I get that, BUT how do I now when I can/should start the song. Sometimes I have almost nothing after finishing a song due to not playing the 4 multi balls bad (or even not playing them all). I can see if I did or did not do a multi ball, but not how much I scored....or can I?

#15130 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I finally rang my distributor to ask him if he knew when my game was coming , for the first time since I ordered in November .
He said it was on a ship
[quoted image]

In a world and time where things seem to move so fast!

#15131 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

He said it was on a ship
[quoted image]

Mine is on a plane to NZ

#15132 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Mine is on a plane to NZ

so cool... I cant imagine what that added to the total cost!

#15133 2 years ago

Just got my Le a few hours ago, Aug production. Going to set it up after work....Are you guys screwing the front casters all the way in and pitching the bubble with the rear leg casters? Just wondering the best setup.... thx

#15134 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

so cool... I cant imagine what that added to the total cost!

To help i have pricing for my Multimorphic from Chicago into Brisbane. $2,800 by air. $1600 by sea as LCL. So about half as much again via air.

#15135 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

To help i have pricing for my Multimorphic from Chicago into Brisbane. $2,800 by air. $1600 by sea as LCL. So about half as much again via air.

$2800 AUD or USD?

#15136 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$2800 AUD or USD?

That's in my currency through my freight broker.

#15137 2 years ago

Lost vertical axis on left spotlight.
Sorry if asked a squillion times...

What's the best quality fully compatible servos?
Cheers

#15138 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Lost vertical axis on left spotlight.
Sorry if asked a squillion times...
What's the best quality fully compatible servos?
Cheers

Apparently , EMAX ES 3054

#15139 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's in my currency through my freight broker.

So like $2k USD for air service. That's bad, but not as bad as I would think it would be to send a 400+ pound pin 16 hours away by air, especially when coast to coast US shipping is around $600 now.

#15140 2 years ago

Yes, includes transport from Chicago to LA and there is another large box in that quote with a drop in playfield module.

It's tempting to go air, specially as i intend to claim the whole thing on tax.

#15141 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes, includes transport from Chicago to LA and there is another large box in that quote with a drop in playfield module.

I thought multimorphic was in Texas

#15142 2 years ago

Sorry yes. The inland freight from TX is $US350. Must ship out of Chicago as it's says inbound from Chicago to Brisbane.

#15143 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

How are you working the "tax" angle?

#15144 2 years ago

Previous GC was 57 mil. Wanted 200mil bad! Sooo close!

Woohoo!

20210921_175309 (resized).jpg20210921_175309 (resized).jpg20210921_175313 (resized).jpg20210921_175313 (resized).jpg20210921_175315 (resized).jpg20210921_175315 (resized).jpg20210921_175317 (resized).jpg20210921_175317 (resized).jpg

#15145 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

How are you working the "tax" angle?

Plan on starting an arcade one day. Machines are stock for said arcade and with the current instant write off, fully claimable as is the shipping and maintenance costs.

If you were an 'operator' with a single machine on site, that would work too i'm told.

#15146 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Wanted 200mil bad! Sooo close!

IMG_20210922_084618 (resized).jpgIMG_20210922_084618 (resized).jpg
#15147 2 years ago

how long you playing that game, like hour and a half?

#15148 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

how long you playing that game, like hour and a half?

I’m trying to get back into using scorbit, and sucking ass at getting a good score recorded at that. But, Karl’s near billion point game was 2+ hours
C985AB4B-01DF-4D02-9127-4DF015DFB388 (resized).jpegC985AB4B-01DF-4D02-9127-4DF015DFB388 (resized).jpeg

#15149 2 years ago

Totally off topic but we just had a massive earthquake , everything's fine but we never have earthquake's . Such a weird feeling

#15150 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Totally off topic but we just had a massive earthquake , everything's fine but we never have earthquake's . Such a weird feeling

Oh man. Hope all is ok.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Easton, MA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mahtomedi, MN
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/303 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.