IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 567.
#15051 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I had the horizontal servo on my right side spotlight go out. I ordered a replacement emax es 3054 17g 23T servo. However, the metal gear is smaller than the original servo and it doesn’t fit the spotlight base (just spins). Are there different versions of the es 3054?

I bought these from a link someone posted on here. Haven’t had to replace yet.

Hope they are correct

9E696C16-0001-474A-A8FE-33A18F5671CE (resized).jpeg9E696C16-0001-474A-A8FE-33A18F5671CE (resized).jpeg
#15052 2 years ago

After how many games are people noticing chipping and pooling on the playfield? Also what are the major areas to look for?

#15053 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I had the horizontal servo on my right side spotlight go out. I ordered a replacement emax es 3054 17g 23T servo. However, the metal gear is smaller than the original servo and it doesn’t fit the spotlight base (just spins). Are there different versions of the es 3054?

It looks like the one I used was 20g.

I took my dead servo into the hobby shop to match it.

IMG_2969.jpegIMG_2969.jpeg
#15054 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

After how many games are people noticing chipping and pooling on the playfield? Also what are the major areas to look for?

Noticed it around 200 games. Major areas are inlane posts, axel posts, upper playfield post. But I found at least minor pooling on almost any post that a ball can hit. Even the posts connecting the apron to the playfield.

#15055 2 years ago

Is it that worth it to buy with all these new titles coming out? Have not played one yet. I can't imagine people would want the machine if it is pooling and chipping. Sucks

#15056 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is it that worth it to buy with all these new titles coming out? Have not played one yet. I can't imagine people would want the machine if it is pooling and chipping. Sucks

You're on the owners thread, not the JJP bashing playfield issues threads... What do you expect your answer to be (trolls excluded)? Best pin ever and worth the maintenance. Life is short. Have fun.

#15057 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Depends how much you like the pin. If it’s a must-have pin for you, then yeah, it’s worth putting up with a JJP playfield.

If it only tickles your fancy, then steer clear and buy a different pin.

Try one on location first to see if it impresses you.

#15058 2 years ago

Does anyone know how this hex spacer below the guitar lock is attached to the playfield? I loosed the screw above to lift the upper playfield a little and the spacer doesn’t seem to sit right anymore and also spins so the screw can’t tighten.

96E2FEB5-1971-4111-8F54-F0157611BD57 (resized).jpeg96E2FEB5-1971-4111-8F54-F0157611BD57 (resized).jpeg
#15059 2 years ago

In case it happens to anyone else - there is a screw behind the guitar lock coils that can come loose and just needs to be screwed back to the spacer. It was probably obvious to most people but new to me.

BE23EC1F-26CE-49EF-B193-2BFD737D67A4 (resized).jpegBE23EC1F-26CE-49EF-B193-2BFD737D67A4 (resized).jpeg
#15060 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I bought these from a link someone posted on here. Haven’t had to replace yet.
Hope they are correct
[quoted image]

Appears to be the same that I have

E2E22BCE-144D-4216-A883-2DCD13127ACA (resized).jpegE2E22BCE-144D-4216-A883-2DCD13127ACA (resized).jpeg
#15061 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It looks like the one I used was 20g.
I took my dead servo into the hobby shop to match it.[quoted image]

Hi Zaphx. First of all, thanks so much for all your posts here and in the POTC owners thread, they have helped me a bunch!

Looks like I have the same Emax unit. The original servo was HK15148B. These both appear to be the same #’s you listed. Weird thing is that the emax gear is smaller than the HK for my plastic spotlight bracket. I put the emax gear into my bracket and it spins. The original HK unit fits tight and doesn’t spin. I have some Emax servos coming from hobby town as I got the emax servos in the attached pics from eBay. Not sure what’s up. I’m thinking I should go to some local hobby shops and bring the old stuff the match. None of the shops near my house have HK or EMax brands though.

048B8E01-BA91-4606-ACE6-1D8FE948EEDE (resized).jpeg048B8E01-BA91-4606-ACE6-1D8FE948EEDE (resized).jpeg4BA99490-E6D8-4E52-9DFA-5179A3CBDE6F (resized).jpeg4BA99490-E6D8-4E52-9DFA-5179A3CBDE6F (resized).jpeg
#15062 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Hi Zaphx. First of all, thanks so much for all your posts here and in the POTC owners thread, they have helped me a bunch!
Looks like I have the same Emax unit. The original servo was HK15148B. These both appear to be the same #’s you listed. Weird thing is that the emax gear is smaller than the HK for my plastic spotlight bracket. I put the emax gear into my bracket and it spins. The original HK unit fits tight and doesn’t spin. I have some Emax servos coming from hobby town as I got the emax servos in the attached pics from eBay. Not sure what’s up. I’m thinking I should go to some local hobby shops and bring the old stuff the match. None of the shops near my house have HK or EMax brands though. [quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have a caliper? What's the diameter of the h-king gear vs the emax one?

#15063 2 years ago

Got the picks and magnets. Love it. So easy and I like the look and randomness. Wish they had more there were not black but oh well.

20210918_151009~2 (resized).jpg20210918_151009~2 (resized).jpg20210918_151036~2 (resized).jpg20210918_151036~2 (resized).jpg
#15064 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Looks like I have the same Emax unit. The original servo was HK15148B. These both appear to be the same #’s you listed. Weird thing is that the emax gear is smaller than the HK for my plastic spotlight bracket. I put the emax gear into my bracket and it spins. The original HK unit fits tight and doesn’t spin. I have some Emax servos coming from hobby town as I got the emax servos in the attached pics from eBay. Not sure what’s up. I’m thinking I should go to some local hobby shops and bring the old stuff the match. None of the shops near my house have HK or EMax brands though. [quoted image][quoted image]

What if you put some heat shrink on the gear and then try to use it in the bracket? My original corona servos had heat shrink, the replacement white hobby kings did not

#15065 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I just compared a spare set of linkages with both the HK and emax. The emax spins as you said. Did you install them yet to see if it will work? Maybe the screw will hold it tight

#15066 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you have a caliper? What's the diameter of the h-king gear vs the emax one?

I can’t get a consistent reading showing that one is bigger than the other. They appear to be pretty close.

I the only thing I can’t think of is if the bracket is somewhat stripped, but the original HK15148b does fit well, however I do get a tiny tiny bit of play. The Emax straight spins.

774F7FA2-9896-4928-95B2-9BDBBDB01B02 (resized).jpeg774F7FA2-9896-4928-95B2-9BDBBDB01B02 (resized).jpegC5F9A3A3-4271-43F9-AC85-6C5D503FBE04 (resized).jpegC5F9A3A3-4271-43F9-AC85-6C5D503FBE04 (resized).jpeg
#15067 2 years ago

Are you using the screw that came with the servo?

#15068 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I just compared a spare set of linkages with both the HK and emax. The emax spins as you said. Did you install them yet to see if it will work? Maybe the screw will hold it tight

I put the screw in and it doesn’t thread into the Emax, it only threads into the HK. Even with the correct screw, I dont think it will hold it tight, probably would just strip it.

#15069 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I can’t get a consistent reading showing that one is bigger than the other. They appear to be pretty close.
I the only thing I can’t think of is if the bracket is somewhat stripped, but the original HK15148b does fit well, however I do get a tiny tiny bit of play. The Emax straight spins.[quoted image][quoted image]

If the gears are the same diameter, you're down to teeth size and maybe depth of gear. Are the gears the same height?

#15070 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Are you using the screw that came with the servo?

No, that screw is slightly too big to go through the hole in the bracket. I could use a screw driver and self thread it through, but wasn’t too excited to do so. Maybe heatshrink on the gear and thread the emax included screw through the bracket?

E16118F8-CBB6-4614-80C3-ADEFFE25BF5C (resized).jpegE16118F8-CBB6-4614-80C3-ADEFFE25BF5C (resized).jpeg
#15071 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

No, that screw is slightly too big to go through the hole in the bracket. I could use a screw driver and self thread it through, but wasn’t too excited to do so. Maybe heatshrink on the gear and thread the emax included screw through the bracket? [quoted image]

I remember now that I did thread it through the bracket.

#15072 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

What if you put some heat shrink on the gear and then try to use it in the bracket? My original corona servos had heat shrink, the replacement white hobby kings did not

I think that might hold it tight. Just putting a thin tissue on the gear and installing it into the bracket does create a somewhat tight fit.

#15073 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the gears are the same diameter, you're down to teeth size and maybe depth of gear. Are the gears the same height?

Pretty close to the eye, I can’t get my caliper in there. I’m thinking heat shrink the gear and threading the emax screw through the bracket might be the way to go.

7636FC4F-86F9-4317-B820-D5DB3528E396 (resized).jpeg7636FC4F-86F9-4317-B820-D5DB3528E396 (resized).jpeg
#15074 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Pretty close to the eye, I can’t get my caliper in there. I’m thinking heat shrink the gear and threading the emax screw through the bracket might be the way to go. [quoted image]

Please post a pic when you do.

Didn’t realize there were some extra steps to use the emax.

#15075 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

I think that might hold it tight. Just putting a thin tissue on the gear and installing it into the bracket does create a somewhat tight fit.

Could also try some of that white plumbers thread tape

#15076 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Please post a pic when you do.
Didn’t realize there were some extra steps to use the emax.

Yeah I had forgotten that the screw needed to be threaded...but that was all I did. No tape, no heatshrink, no shenanigans other than just forcing the new screw through the old home.

#15077 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah I had forgotten that the screw needed to be threaded...but that was all I did. No tape, no heatshrink, no shenanigans other than just forcing the new screw through the old home.

Sounds good. Thanks.

#15078 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yea we know already .

You'll be pleased to know that after reading your narky response i had a game an hour after a couple of slices of brownie.

Got nearly my grand champ score (and would have beat it if i'd got the scoop) playing My Michele and it took me 10 mins to stop shaking.

#15079 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Could also try some of that white plumbers thread tape

Giving up for now. I threaded the screw through the bracket, but the gear still spins when tight. Tried Plummer’s tape and it didn’t work, still spins. Heat Shrink was too thick and the gear wouldn’t even fit into the bracket.

#15080 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Giving up for now. I threaded the screw through the bracket, but the gear still spins when tight. Tried Plummer’s tape and it didn’t work, still spins. Heat Shrink was too thick and the gear wouldn’t even fit into the bracket.

Is it spinning on the splines of the servo itself the horn? You might have to use the servo horn that came with the new servo as they look to have different tooth spline spacing in the photo.

#15081 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is it spinning on the splines of the servo itself the horn? You might have to use the servo horn that came with the new servo as they look to have different tooth spline spacing in the photo.

The gear would just spin in the bracket, so if the servo was activated it wouldn’t move anything. I put a few (maybe more) wraps of plumbers tape around the gear and got the gear to fit pretty snug in the bracket. Reinstalled everything and the spotlight seems to be working well during songs. Thanks all for the help!

#15082 2 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

The gear would just spin in the bracket, so if the servo was activated it wouldn’t move anything. I put a few (maybe more) wraps of plumbers tape around the gear and got the gear to fit pretty snug in the bracket. Reinstalled everything and the spotlight seems to be working well during songs. Thanks all for the help!

I wonder if the hole on your bracket got stripped a bit when the original servo died?

#15083 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wonder if the hole on your bracket got stripped a bit when the original servo died?

I didn't see that picture until just now, yep those splines in the housing are stripped out. What one can do but it's a bit of work is get the horn that came with the new servo, trim it all the way down just to the neck part with a xacto or dremmel. Then cut the neck off the original housing and CA glue the trimmed neck onto the housing to use with the new servo. It might be a PITA but at least it wouldn't slip during operation. Plumbers Teflon tape will give after a bit and slipping may occur again, if so you might want to try that. Slow and steady wins the race

#15084 2 years ago

I'd contact JJP and open a ticket, whether it's in and out of warranty wouldn't matter to me, I'd buy the part if it was out of warranty.

#15085 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I speculated that, but the old servo gear fits tight in the bracket. Maybe

#15086 2 years ago

Quick question, what cables (eg colours) in the back-box connect to the (new) topper? I'm making my own topper, but want to connect it to the original cables (for some lights).
In the manual (for CE part) they say the (two) blue cables. Would that fit my trick of getting power too....

Schermafbeelding 2021-09-19 om 10.27.14 (resized).pngSchermafbeelding 2021-09-19 om 10.27.14 (resized).png
#15087 2 years ago

For anyone having trouble scoring more than 20,000,000 or so, or anyone who has issues with the ball getting stuck by the pops, I’d check the pitch.

At 6.8 I don’t get nearly as many side drains since the ball is less floaty. I also don’t have issues with the ball getting stuck in the pops anymore.

I had it there when I was hitting highs of 80,000,000 but reverted back about a month ago and hadn’t cracked 30,000,000 since I did that. After going back to 6.8 and a fresh side to side level, I’m consistently hitting 40,000,000+ again.

I can’t stress enough how important boosters and patches are either. Study the patches and what they do and what patch combos do. For example, as other have said, Fender patch makes band frenzy much easier to achieve during a song and you need that active, and send balls to the pops while active, to really build your jackpot.

Try to avoid Rocket Queen until you have the condom patch, try and do Welcome to the Jungle after you have the gun and rose patch.

I also like to get the 4 sponsor patches early on - not only for what they do individually but once you get all 4 you are awarded an extra ball you can try to collect.

There’s little reward in giving it hell trying to play a song for points if your song level is 75 or lower - you’ll work your ass off and barely get a few million.

If I accidentally start a song before I am ready to because I know my song value is not high enough then I will just play the song as long as I can to try to cash out when there is an extra ball award to collect.

#15088 2 years ago

Can i change when an extra ball is played? Ie not at the end of the game.

#15089 2 years ago

Had a servo go out on my left spotlight. Ordered a couple replacements but now it's backwards in test. Should go up now goes down etc.. tried flipping the connector bit no dice. Not schooled on servos. What did I do wrong..

New servos are silent compared to the old ones.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JQL8GZ7/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_66NTDDJZJVX7GHV07TG5

#15090 2 years ago

Gonna be my topper.
Just need buckles for the rim and maybe a bigger skull.
Also gonna be my Halloween costume.
Two birds, one stone.

IMG_20210918_135857625_2 (resized).jpgIMG_20210918_135857625_2 (resized).jpg
#15091 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Had a servo go out on my left spotlight. Ordered a couple replacements but now it's backwards in test. Should go up now goes down etc.. tried flipping the connector bit no dice. Not schooled on servos. What did I do wrong..
New servos are silent compared to the old ones.
amazon.com link »

My first guess would be that it's installed backwards.

#15092 2 years ago

My spotlights move during songs but I think my left one is a bit sloppy.
When I move them by hand manually I can feel gears in the right one but the left moves freely without any gear resistance.
Does that mean the left is goosed?

#15093 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

My spotlights move during songs but I think my left one is a bit sloppy.
When I move them by hand manually I can feel gears in the right one but the left moves freely without any gear resistance.
Does that mean the left is goosed?

If they move correctly in device test I wouldn't worry about it unless they stop.

#15094 2 years ago

^^ok thanks man

#15095 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My first guess would be that it's installed backwards.

I picked up a Doctor Who about 9 years ago for $900 because the Time Expander motor was wired backwards!The previous owner was frustrated because it didn’t play right he said.I miss the good old days

#15096 2 years ago

I’m seeing 50 posts over servo issues. Are these for the spotlights only or other items?

#15097 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I’m seeing 50 posts over servo issues. Are these for the spotlights only or other items?

Only the spotlights have servo's (in total 2 x 2)

#15098 2 years ago

White line appearing across the playfield LCD screen. Can anyone help?

#15099 2 years ago
Quoted from SJBRENT:

White line appearing across the playfield LCD screen. Can anyone help?

Check all the connections. If not, give tech support a call.

#15100 2 years ago

I’m having a switch matrix issue with #47
The left ramp diverter is getting stuck down.
I do to the switch test and sometimes it’s up, I switch it down and it won’t go back up?

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,344 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/302?hl=pinball-nja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.