Screenshot_20240314-145241 (resized).png
IMG_2284.gif
giphy.gif
Key-Visual-825x466 (resized).jpg
tom_segura (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_221935371 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240313_222206086~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 560.
#15001 2 years ago

I watched a video to show how to remove the upper pf a while back, but can't find it now. I think it is Eric doing it. Does anyone have that link? Or know the steps for removing it? Thank you.

#15002 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I watched a video to show how to remove the upper pf a while back, but can't find it now. I think it is Eric doing it. Does anyone have that link? Or know the steps for removing it? Thank you.

Dunno about the video, but there's a post in the topic index with step by step pictures Vitty posted. Click on topic index at the top of the page, the click on keypost sort, then go down to TECH:PLAYFIELD to the one about removing the upper playfield.

#15003 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Looking for help from the group here. maybe PinMonk will be able to help?
I need to find the power for the pops and that connector. I also need it to be a Hirose but the only one I can find is this one in the picture and it looks to have a bunch of wires labeled directly to/from the boards.
1. Where are these wires to/from in this connector?
2. Where is the power for the pop bumpers?
3. are there any other Hirose type connectors for RGB lights?
This is ONLY for the SE model.
Thanks everyone.[quoted image]

Don't have my GnR yet and this is too specific a question without one. Someone else will have to help out if they can.

#15004 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

After GnR and LOTR, which would you say are your top 3 favorites?

They’re all favorites for many reasons - some sentimental, some nostalgic, some not very common, some museum quality. There’s only 2 I’d really consider letting go out of what I have right now but I have no need or desire to. Still working on adding more.

Gofers, Champion Pub and TFTC are up there towards my top 5 favorites of what I currently own.

GNR destroyed me as usual tonight. Best I could do was around 40,000,000.

#15005 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

They’re all favorites for many reasons - some sentimental, some nostalgic, some not very common, some museum quality. There’s only 2 I’d really consider letting go out of what I have right now but I have no need or desire to. Still working on adding more.
Gofers, Champion Pub and TFTC are up there towards my top 5 favorites of what I currently own.
GNR destroyed me as usual tonight. Best I could do was around 40,000,000.

You bastard. I got my GC score tonight… at 28 million. I finished wondering how I’ll ever score so much again.

Scoring jealousy aside, I’m glad you have room for so many favorites. My physical limit is four machines, and I’m there, and I honestly couldn’t pick which one I’d be okay jettisoning to get another. Love them all.

#15006 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

What “support” for the topper had to be added to the code if it’s simply on/off with the machine power?
[quoted image]

Maybe pinball_keefer knows what the code does with the topper?

#15007 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Maybe pinball_keefer knows what the code does with the topper?

You have to say his name 3x for him to appear

#15008 2 years ago

You’re just assuming I’m not using the box. Maybe the Topper will make a nice accessory to my new outfit?
[quoted image]

Hahahahaha lol! I miss those images from you Chaka

#15009 2 years ago

Great night in Chicago!Took my oldest kid to his first concert. Was great to hear Duff on vocals for “I wanna be your dog”.Had to leave early as it was a school night.I could swear I heard them playing “the Seeker” as we were driving by when we left the parking garage and I’m assuming they ended with Paradise City as it wasn’t played earlier.Fantastic show ,couldn’t pick a better one for his first .

547870EA-18B7-4BB9-98D7-FD05DA6F0DF6 (resized).jpeg547870EA-18B7-4BB9-98D7-FD05DA6F0DF6 (resized).jpegBCAE47F3-8F12-41EB-97F8-1BC616F31113 (resized).pngBCAE47F3-8F12-41EB-97F8-1BC616F31113 (resized).pngC30B8085-671C-4BA8-A2A3-E680E0BF6B55 (resized).jpegC30B8085-671C-4BA8-A2A3-E680E0BF6B55 (resized).jpeg
#15010 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I could swear I heard them playing “the Seeker” as we were driving by when we left the parking garage and I’m assuming they ended with Paradise City as it wasn’t played earlier.Fantastic show ,couldn’t pick a better one for his first .

They did play The Seeker, with Slash on a Flying V guitar! You also missed Knockin' on Heaven's Door and of course they ended with Paradise City. You apparently also missed the complete gridlock for miles around the loop with the impromptu Mexico parade. I got home around 1:30.

#15011 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

It's really easy. PF has four screws. Remove them (remove AXEL first). Remove the left podium-light too. Put your full playfield to the backbox/upper position so you can look under the playfield. Then, detach all cables connected to the plunger-thing of de small playfield. They all disconnect easy, except for one (the black I thought) which is a bit complex because you have to remove some more tie-wraps and you can only disconnect it a bit further away from the small PF.

#15012 2 years ago

For those who hooked up the topper - does it need a software update? I cant get mine to light up. I plugged it into the only matching connector that I could find that was on the left hand side of the backbox.

Thoughts?

Thanks

#15013 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

For those who hooked up the topper - does it need a software update? I cant get mine to light up. I plugged it into the only matching connector that I could find that was on the left hand side of the backbox.
Thoughts?
Thanks

Yup. There’s a post up above about the code update is required. When you get it working, let us know if it does anything besides light up

#15014 2 years ago

Yup. There’s a post up above about the code update is required. When you get it working, let us know if it does anything besides light up

OK - thanks

I guess it is time for me to figure out how to update the code.

#15015 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thoughts?
Thanks

Yea u need to upgrade to the latest code...the topper doesn't do anything except light up (from what Ive noticed)

#15016 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

They did play The Seeker, with Slash on a Flying V guitar! You also missed Knockin' on Heaven's Door and of course they ended with Paradise City. You apparently also missed the complete gridlock for miles around the loop with the impromptu Mexico parade. I got home around 1:30.

lmao .Yes he’s an 8th grader we left at the start of night train i believe .I payed a arm n leg to park in garage right next to the park so i could get him to bed early .Was home in Crown Point by 11:20

#15017 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yea u need to upgrade to the latest code...the topper doesn't do anything except light up (from what Ive noticed)

Yes - I was able to update the code. I think I was on a pretty old version. I will need to check out the Jersey Jack site to make sure I keep up the code updates. I keep reading on here how there hasn't been a code update in a long time so I thought they weren't happening.

On a side note, what does connecting the game to bluetooth do?

#15018 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Yes - I was able to update the code. I think I was on a pretty old version. I will need to check out the Jersey Jack site to make sure I keep up the code updates. I keep reading on here how there hasn't been a code update in a long time so I thought they weren't happening.
On a side note, what does connecting the game to bluetooth do?

Headphones

#15019 2 years ago

It only lights up, Could of been so much more but it does look good....

IMG_0744 (resized).jpegIMG_0744 (resized).jpegIMG_0745 (resized).jpegIMG_0745 (resized).jpeg
#15020 2 years ago

Has anyone done a bumper mod for a SE that would include the hi hats? This is needed!!

#15021 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

It only lights up, Could of been so much more but it does look good....[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good and integrates well, doesn't break the bank, like it definitely.
If it stays on all the time, Maybe pinball_keefer integrated some wizard mode code or plans special functionality that kills the light off or flashes it, etc.

#15022 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

Has anyone done a bumper mod for a SE that would include the hi hats? This is needed!!

I understand form a very well known modder that the pop bumper mod on the le deigned by Eric and out of respect for him they will not make a mod like it for the se

#15023 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

It only lights up, Could of been so much more but it does look good....[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok. So the code must have just activated the power on for it. Thanks for posting. I do think this topper could be modified to do something.

#15024 2 years ago

I just joined the club - I emailed my local distro and they just happened to have two LEs ready to ship in a week. I said why not and today I wired the money. Exited to see if it stays (like POTC and Hobbit) or goes (like DI)!

#15025 2 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I just joined the club - I emailed my local distro and they just happened to have two LEs ready to ship in a week. I said why not and today I wired the money. Exited to see if it stays (like POTC and Hobbit) or goes (like DI)!

Wtf. Let's put these disty pins with no orders on hold at JJP and blow through the back log of direct orders for a while, um-kay?

#15026 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I understand form a very well known modder that the pop bumper mod on the le deigned by Eric and out of respect for him they will not make a mod like it for the se

Might be something I'll have to take up myself...

#15027 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

It only lights up, Could of been so much more but it does look good....

I agree. I've been holding out for Lior's upcoming topper, but decided against spending that much money.

Sooo ... I ordered the JJP topper a week ago, got it yesterday and installed it. Nothing fancy, but the white lit marquee adds a nice effect!

I am pleased.
GnR topper (resized).jpgGnR topper (resized).jpg

#15028 2 years ago

With regards to the topper, the LED strip is a 3 pin connector, while the similar led strip in the head is a 2 pin connector. Both are white led strip. So I assume the toppers 3rd pin could allow it to flash or do something vs the one in the head that is always on.

#15029 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Yeah, I decided it sucks as-is and am going back on my "no time to make this" and looking into making an actual marquee with removable/changeable letters that lights up with chase lights to go in front of the bottom part of the JJP topper and make it a proper 3D topper that does something. Might be prohibitively expensive since the letters would need to be injection molded to have the movie theatre marquee letter translucence and/or the letters might be too small. We'll see.

#15030 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Wtf. Let's put these disty pins with no orders on hold at JJP and blow through the back log of direct orders for a while, um-kay?

No kidding. Really wish I went through a distro instead of direct. Lesson learned for next time.

#15031 2 years ago

Next time? Why would you put yourself through this playfield issue again?

There'll be no next time for me and JJP.

#15032 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Heh, well, if they make another pin that blows my mind, then I'm willing to tolerate a JJP playfield. But it needs to be GNR or POTC good. Anything less and I'm fine buying from other great pinball manufacturers.

#15033 2 years ago

I understand. Don't agree, but understand.

#15034 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I’m also done with all the PF issues at JJP, till they are verifiably fixed, with proof of at least a thousand plays and minimum of a year in service. Plus an actual warranty backing up JJPs claim the issues are fixed. It’s getting old that we the customers are being accused of causing the many JJP poor quality PF issues.

0B158B24-B6CC-47F9-96CB-3EE413210F1E (resized).jpeg0B158B24-B6CC-47F9-96CB-3EE413210F1E (resized).jpeg
#15035 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

No kidding. Really wish I went through a distro instead of direct. Lesson learned for next time.

It just seemed logical to me to eliminate the middle man and get it faster, but JJP gets more profit and their customers wait longer. The process seems flawed... Should be fulfilling orders by order date regardless of where order was placed. Or weight it better between direct and distro allotments.

#15036 2 years ago

I got mine faster direct with JJP than it would have been from my local distributor who insisted their allotment would probably come first. I saw people who ordered from them a few days before me didn’t get theirs till at least 2-4 weeks after me. Some distributors may vary but this is what I experienced.

#15037 2 years ago

Didn't mean to start a fight, everyone - just excited for my new pin. This is my 4th JJP and my distro is a great guy. When I wanted DI and he didn't have one, he found one at another distro rather than having me wait.

Anyway, nothing is actually here yet, so we'll see!

#15038 2 years ago

Joined the concert this week!! Ordered Monday got it today … lucky I know! Setting up tonight - loving this packed playfield!

356FE0AA-C8BA-4245-8F95-6FC0C2FAE919 (resized).jpeg356FE0AA-C8BA-4245-8F95-6FC0C2FAE919 (resized).jpeg
#15039 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yea we know already .

#15040 2 years ago

No fight, no worries. Appreciate the info and I am happy for you and do hope you get it fast! Direct is still shipping October orders, so a lot of people who ordered last year are trying to patiently wait

#15041 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

I’m also done with all the PF issues at JJP, till they are verifiably fixed, with proof of at least a thousand plays and minimum of a year in service. Plus an actual warranty backing up JJPs claim the issues are fixed. It’s getting old that we the customers are being accused of causing the many JJP poor quality PF issues.
[quoted image]

Is that a picture of you Jimwet I kind of visualize you like that.Oh hey somebody said something negative about Godzilla’s artwork better get back to work.

#15042 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is that a picture of you Jimwet I kind of visualize you like that.Oh hey somebody said something negative about Godzilla’s artwork better get back to work.

Are you on JJP's payroll?? Broken record.

#15043 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yea we know already .

Now you know again.

#15044 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Joined the concert this week!! Ordered Monday got it today … lucky I know! Setting up tonight - loving this packed playfield!
[quoted image]

Ouch and Congrats !

#15045 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Are you on JJP's payroll?? Broken record.

This is a JJP GnR thread so when trolls like Jimwet come in just to take pot shots at people who like GnR I will speak up.Go to Godzilla thread and read his responses to everyone who says anything slightly negative about Stern pins.I wish I was on JJP’s payroll I could use the extra income with inflation being what it is right now

#15046 2 years ago

I've got an issue with both spotlights again on my LE. None of the servos appear to be working. I have replaced both already and received the newer ones with white servos. On one, the linkage arm is clearly broken but that servo doesn't move at all anyways. This is under test mode. On the original set I was at least able to see some movement on one of them. I doublechecked wiring and the connections are solid. Could it be the 1.23 code? They were working prior to upgrading the code then stopped not long after.

#15047 2 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

I have a couple extra gnr LE’s coming off the line next week. If anyone has a interest PM me for availability.

@abelelectronics
Garry is one of the best dealers for jjp won’t be disappointed highly recommended.

#15048 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

No fight, no worries. Appreciate the info and I am happy for you and do hope you get it fast! Direct is still shipping October orders, so a lot of people who ordered last year are trying to patiently wait

If it makes you feel any better, now that I have GNR, I don’t have that excited feeling of anticipation any longer. You’re like a kid in the middle of December, waiting for Christmas. I’m like an old man, obsessed with how I can’t get past the second world in super mario brothers. Pity those of us who got luckier? I sure would like something to look forward to? I’m trying man sorry

#15049 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

If it makes you feel any better, now that I have GNR, I don’t have that excited feeling of anticipation any longer. You’re like a kid in the middle of December, waiting for Christmas. I’m like an old man, obsessed with how I can’t get past the second world in super mario brothers. Pity those of us who got luckier? I sure would like something to look forward to? I’m trying man sorry

Wisdom.
Appreciate the journey and where you're at.
Thx DJ

#15050 2 years ago

I had the horizontal servo on my right side spotlight go out. I ordered a replacement emax es 3054 17g 23T servo. However, the metal gear is smaller than the original servo and it doesn’t fit the spotlight base (just spins). Are there different versions of the es 3054?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aurora, OH
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
There are 27,994 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 560.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.