IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 567.
#14951 2 years ago

That looks too much like an erector set, no theme integration and not enough design to make me think it's even a stage scaffolding... But I can convince myself that's what it is I suppose.... I like the spot lights - That looks cool but all I can think about when I look at it is four more servos to maintain...

#14952 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That looks cool but all I can think about when I look at it is four more servos to maintain...

You read my mind

#14953 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You read my mind

You did , until you changed your statement .
The guy who made these programmed GNR and it's fully integrated and also has backbox lighting as well .

#14954 2 years ago

Any videos around of it in action? You're selling it but it's your static picture with a big metal frame to hold 4 little spotlights that makes it look blah. Don't get me wrong, It's still cool, but I'm just not reaching for the "buy it now" button based on what I've seen this far.

P.s. I added to my statement. The comment about the servos stays the same which is the part of my post you quoted.

#14955 2 years ago

I saw someone with guitar picks on the apron ao I ended up doing the same thing. 10 bucks worth of guitar picks from Amazon and a magnet sheet with adhesive on one side and wallah!

20210915_102125 (resized).jpg20210915_102125 (resized).jpg
#14956 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I saw someone with guitar picks on the apron ao I ended up doing the same thing. 10 bucks worth of guitar picks from Amazon and a magnet sheet with adhesive on one side and wallah!
[quoted image]

Dude I love this!

where did you get the magnetic adhesive?

#14957 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Dude I love this!
where did you get the magnetic adhesive?

Amazon also

Flexible Adhesive Magnetic Sheets... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01E7V00W0

#14958 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Any videos around of it in action? You're selling it but it's your static picture with a big metal frame to hold 4 little spotlights that makes it look blah. Don't get me wrong, It's still cool, but I'm just not reaching for the "buy it now" button based on what I've seen this far.
P.s. I added to my statement. The comment about the servos stays the same which is the part of my post you quoted.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/jjp-guns-n-roses-stadium-topper

#14959 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah it should have had that theatre marquee as a 3D backlit mini-marquee with actual 3d grids and a bunch of letters that snapped onto it so you can change the message on the theatre marquee to whatever you want. And actual chase lights around the marquee. Would have cost MAYBE $50 in quantity to do and upped the cool substantially.

Iā€™m thinking some sort of mod that attaches to it with like scrolling text like an LED sign. There are plenty of thin options out there.

#14960 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Iā€™m thinking some sort of mod that attaches to it with like scrolling text like an LED sign. There are plenty of thin options out there.

I don't think it will look as authentic as an actual mini-marquee with chase lights around it, and a custom LCD that side would be prohibitively expensive.

#14961 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You have great ideas , and maybe should do some toppers.

The ideas are the easy part. Execution takes the time. I'm still backed up with customizing Tibetan Breeze cooling kits for the other JJP machines, so no time for this one.

#14962 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You have great ideas , and maybe should do some toppers .
Jjp topper is ok and it's at reasonable price , the English Guys topper of was alright but didn't hit the mark , Lior doesn't give a fuck about pinsiders and potential customers , so I'm not going to worry about him , I think I will go for the rock topper .[quoted image][quoted image]

WOW you are very wrong.....
check the update on my thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-guns-n-roses-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/12#post-6499174

#14963 2 years ago

Thatā€™s phenomenal. It pretty convincingly makes the whole machine look like a rock stage. Alas, Iā€™m one of those punks who budgeted for this pinball machine and that is beyond my means. Eh, I play alone most of the time and I bet itā€™s hard to enjoy when your eyes are glued to the flippers anyway.

#14966 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:Thatā€™s phenomenal. It pretty convincingly makes the whole machine look like a rock stage. Alas, Iā€™m one of those punks who budgeted for this pinball machine and that is beyond my means. Eh, I play alone most of the time and I bet itā€™s hard to enjoy when your eyes are glued to the flippers anyway.

very diplomatic, I'm impressed.

#14967 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Amazon also
Flexible Adhesive Magnetic Sheets... amazon.com link Ā»

thanks bro!

hope you don't mind if i copy you! Because I just ordered mine.

#14968 2 years ago

does anyone know real quick how the stage lights on the SE are powered? Like the connector and such.

thanks!

EDIT: found it. disregard

#14969 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

thanks bro!
hope you don't mind if i copy you! Because I just ordered mine.

Haha go for it, I copied it to begin with.

#14970 2 years ago

Hi I need some advise for a misfiring Skill shot sensor on my JJP GnR LE.

The problem: The sensor is randomly misfiring. This causes the game to think that there is a ball in the skillshot area and so it auto-launches the ball. That again makes it impossible to do skillshots or to just talk a minute without playing.

I already did the obvious: Powercycle, checked the connections, replugged the connectors.

I does not happen every time as constant as in the video, but if you wait just 5 mins in front of the game, the ball will autolaunch...

Please ignore my german comments in this video:

#14971 2 years ago

This is my first NIB machine and hoping for some advice. do i need to do anything to help protect the playfield like clearcoat it? or will that already be done to the machine when i get it? and is there other protective measures i should take? ive already got some cliffys ready for when it arrives
Thanks

#14972 2 years ago
Quoted from Sir_Keensworth:

This is my first NIB machine and hoping for some advice. do i need to do anything to help protect the playfield like clearcoat it? or will that already be done to the machine when i get it? and is there other protective measures i should take? ive already got some cliffys ready for when it arrives
Thanks

Go to topic index ( key posts ) at top of page and look at post 11300 by foofighter .
Apparently the factory has tried to make some Improvements .
Basically if you see some pooling , heat it up , flatten it and put some Mylar over it . Some people recommend petg washers .

#14973 2 years ago
Quoted from Junglecat:

Hi I need some advise for a misfiring Skill shot sensor on my JJP GnR LE.
The problem: The sensor is randomly misfiring. This causes the game to think that there is a ball in the skillshot area and so it auto-launches the ball. That again makes it impossible to do skillshots or to just talk a minute without playing.
I already did the obvious: Powercycle, checked the connections, replugged the connectors.
I does not happen every time as constant as in the video, but if you wait just 5 mins in front of the game, the ball will autolaunch...
Please ignore my german comments in this video:

This was happening to me again lastnight. It happens sporadically.

You have done all of the usual things. Check connections. Reseat connections. The next thing to do is recalibrate the sensors. You can do this in the systems menu under tests > sensors. Then hit the start button twice and it recalibrates them.

I had to do it multiple times lastnight. As of now mine only does it after extended playing.

You may also have a faulty sensor board, which is only warrantied for like 90 days and is around $400.

Good luck.

#14974 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

This was happening to me again lastnight. It happens sporadically.
You have done all of the usual things. Check connections. Reseat connections. The next thing to do is recalibrate the sensors. You can do this in the systems menu under tests > sensors. Then hit the start button twice and it recalibrates them.
I had to do it multiple times lastnight. As of now mine only does it after extended playing.
You may also have a faulty sensor board, which is only warrantied for like 90 days and is around $400.
Good luck.

Also worth checking the undersides of the lamp inserts in that lane for "manufacturing crud" - usually seen as a difference in sheen on the plastic. Or just clean them really well regardless with a Q-tip and Windex. Should only need to be done once ever.

Part of checking the connections is looking for bad crimps on the switch matrix wires at the connector to the lamp board. We've seen pictures on here a couple of times of really botched crimps.

#14975 2 years ago

I'm not sure ammonia products are recommended.

#14976 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm not sure ammonia products are recommended.

...on Invisiglass. On the bottom of the inserts, it's fine. But you can use whatever decent cleaning product you want. If you have non-ammonia glass cleaner around for your InvisiGlass, use that.

#14977 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

...on Invisiglass. On the bottom of the inserts, it's fine. But you can use whatever decent cleaning product you want. If you have non-ammonia glass cleaner around for your InvisiGlass, use that.

I use very diluted window cleaner. And not like making things wet. It's just to wipe things down. And then I wipe them down with a dry rag.

I will look into cleaning the underside. That would involve removing that board I'd presume.

#14978 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I use very diluted window cleaner. And not like making things wet. It's just to wipe things down. And then I wipe them down with a dry rag.
I will look into cleaning the underside. That would involve removing that board I'd presume.

Yes, it's like 3 or 4 screws. Good time to pull it out where you can better look at the crimps on the connectors and look for damage on the harness too. Dirt on the top side isn't much of an issue with the sensors, but there seems to be some gunk on the underside from the factory sometimes that's more problematic. Once it's been cleaned off, no more problems.

#14979 2 years ago

Mine is coming next Tues, I understand some fixes or band aids have been done on later runs, Any protection that is a must? Looking forward to finally getting my Le

#14980 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You have great ideas , and maybe should do some toppers .
Jjp topper is ok and it's at reasonable price , the English Guys topper of was alright but didn't hit the mark , I think I will go for the rock topper .[quoted image]

I like the *idea* of this topper, but wish the execution looked more like concert stage lighting rigging. It just needs some more detail, more concert flavor.

rigging (resized).jpgrigging (resized).jpg
#14981 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Topper showed up today. Gameplay soon to see if it does anything fun!
[quoted image]

Did you ever get around to a gameplay video of this? Curious if itā€™s static and/or if it flashes/etc or does nothing

#14982 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Did you ever get around to a gameplay video of this? Curious if itā€™s static and/or if it flashes/etc or does nothing

For you, it does nothing because you would just put the unopened topper box on top of your unopened GNR pin.

#14983 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

For you, it does nothing because you would just put the unopened topper box on top of your unopened GNR pin.

Youā€™re just assuming Iā€™m not using the box. Maybe the Topper will make a nice accessory to my new outfit?

4A794F42-BF1E-4D54-B65A-37EBDF0DF5DE.gif4A794F42-BF1E-4D54-B65A-37EBDF0DF5DE.gif
#14984 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I still have my unopened GnR LE for 6 weeks now as well! Iā€™ve got the topper , new servos, and banner. Still on the fence on opening it. Just donā€™t seem to have the time to bulletproof it if I open it. Maybe Iā€™ll just hide it in my pinroom under playfields and misc parts and my kids can sell it when I kick the bucket. Could be an unboxing video 20 years from now.

#14985 2 years ago

thechakapakuni For the record, I love your name. My house knows it!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14986 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

thechakapakuni For the record, I love your name. My house knows it!
[quoted image]

Now thatā€™s a collection right there

#14987 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I still have my unopened GnR LE for 6 weeks now as well! Iā€™ve got the topper , new servos, and banner. Still on the fence on opening it. Just donā€™t seem to have the time to bulletproof it if I open it. Maybe Iā€™ll just hide it in my pinroom under playfields and misc parts and my kids can sell it when I kick the bucket. Could be an unboxing video 20 years from now.

Yeah Iā€™m in the same boat. Iā€™m just curious about this topper. Itā€™s cheap enough to probably just get it but itā€™s strange I canā€™t find a single video of it in action anywhere

#14988 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah Iā€™m in the same boat. Iā€™m just curious about this topper. Itā€™s cheap enough to probably just get it but itā€™s strange I canā€™t find a single video of it in action anywhere

It doesnā€™t do anything but light up.

#14989 2 years ago

I honestly bought it to complete a package trade or sale. I donā€™t care for toppers, or most mods, so itā€™s functionality and package. Itā€™s what people seem to want if/when I unload it either NIB or HUOā€¦.

#14990 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

It doesnā€™t do anything but light up.

Bogus. You would think it would at least flicker or flash with certain modes. Hmmm. The original DE Topper (which is cheap plastic) ended up being worth a boat load. Iā€™m just not a topper kind of cave kid. So maybe Iā€™ll pass

#14991 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I honestly bought it to complete a package trade or sale. I donā€™t care for toppers, or most mods, so itā€™s functionality and package. Itā€™s what people seem to want if/when I unload it NIB or HUOā€¦.

Thatā€™s a good point. Hmm, now I need to think about it

#14992 2 years ago

I was thinking the topper could be modified to have one of those scrolling LED signs, like youā€™d see at a bar with scores. Doing something small scale though to fit. So Much tech out there now it should be doable, although not my field.

#14993 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I was thinking the topper could be modified to have one of those scrolling LED signs, like youā€™d see at a bar with scores. Doing something small scale though to fit. So Much tech out there now it should be doable, although not my field.

Love it.
Hmm now why didn't someone else think of that.
Cough cough PinMonk cough

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah it should have had that theatre marquee as a 3D backlit mini-marquee with actual 3d grids and a bunch of letters that snapped onto it so you can change the message on the theatre marquee to whatever you want. And actual chase lights around the marquee. Would have cost MAYBE $50 in quantity to do and upped the cool substantially.

#14994 2 years ago

What ā€œsupportā€ for the topper had to be added to the code if itā€™s simply on/off with the machine power?

1AA9A0D2-9B3A-44C4-AC9D-4A572324C6B4 (resized).jpeg1AA9A0D2-9B3A-44C4-AC9D-4A572324C6B4 (resized).jpeg

#14995 2 years ago

Right? Code must turn it on or off (or something)

#14996 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

What ā€œsupportā€ for the topper had to be added to the code if itā€™s simply on/off with the machine power?
[quoted image]

Yeah, good find... I love a good mystery.

#14997 2 years ago

I've never related to folks who talk about games that are 'bolted to the floor'. No game for me has ever held my attention for more than a few months or weeks. But owning this GnR LE, I'm starting to understand that sentiment a little bit. I still wouldn't say 'bolted to the floor' but certainly 'glued to the floor in such a way as to make it somewhat onerous to have to unglue it and move it from whence it sits'.

#14998 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I've never related to folks who talk about games that are 'bolted to the floor'.

Thatā€™s been the case with almost all my games and I regret the few that I did let go. But GNR suddenly makes those games sit a lot more idle. Theyā€™re all still bolted!

#14999 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Thatā€™s been the case with almost all my games and I regret the few that I did let go. But GNR suddenly makes those games sit a lot more idle. Theyā€™re all still bolted!

Interesting - almost all of your collection are games Iā€™ve never owned. After GnR and LOTR, which would you say are your top 3 favorites?

#15000 2 years ago

Looking for help from the group here. maybe PinMonk will be able to help?

I need to find the power for the pops and that connector. I also need it to be a Hirose but the only one I can find is this one in the picture and it looks to have a bunch of wires labeled directly to/from the boards.

1. Where are these wires to/from in this connector?
2. Where is the power for the pop bumpers?
3. are there any other Hirose type connectors for RGB lights?

This is ONLY for the SE model.

Thanks everyone.

20210916_194144 (resized).jpg20210916_194144 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,327 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/300?hl=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.