IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

883 posts in this topic match your search for posts by screaminr. You are on page 2 of 4.
#11357 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Maybe someone with a CE can post some photos of their side blades? Thanks.

IMG_20210618_233437 (resized).jpgIMG_20210618_233437 (resized).jpgIMG_20210618_235342 (resized).jpgIMG_20210618_235342 (resized).jpg
#11364 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I also think you could tap into this system to drive any outside LEDs you want to mimic the internal lighting sequences as well. Just a theory but for now but I think it would work.

If they make mod for outside cabinet lighting , I would be interested in that , but I can't see how any more playfield lighting is needed , but if you can convince me , well....

#11408 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I have when I bought black mirror plates and coloured plastic protectors installed at the same time. Looks very cool.
[quoted image]

I love mirror blades , they just open up games so much .

#11412 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Can't find the video.. is it me?

Ha , Not you , just a picture

#11425 2 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
I got the call from JJP that my machine is very close to shipping. I am really torn about going ahead with the purchase. I have been super excited about the game, and the one-of-a-kind gameplay experience it offers. And it combines our families passion for live music with pinball. But it is heartbreaking to see all of the playfield issues and other quality issues with the game. Any word on what these new post kits are that JJP is shipping out? I have hopes that can help keep the playfield issues at bay. So ultimately, the tough question is, is the game really worth it given all of the challenges to keep the game going? Are there a lot of GNR owners that are happy with the game? I know I see some here on the forum, but they seem to be drowned out by so many folks having problems with the game.
Thanks,
MacJedi

Just my opinion .
There are obviously people with Playfield issues and other problems with this game .
BUT with the amount of games that have gone out , I think a majority of people do not have these issues .
That does not excuse jjp on how they are responding to people with these issues .
You can take some simple steps to help protect your Playfield from potential issues .
Mechanically , I don't think GNR has any more issues than any other pin , especially considering it lacks any complicated mechanical mech's .
I bailed on a Potc ce and lost a $1,500 deposit because of the mechanical issues , lack of assets and the code not being what I hoped for .
I'm nervous about Playfield issues like everyone else but with some preventative steps , I think it's well worth it .
GNR is definitely one of the best pins I have played .

#11551 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:Someone else recently found that the other end of the USB cable for this board, the end plugged in to the PC cage in the head, was only plugged in about halfway. Check that end. If the board isn't recognized at all (based on the error message you reported) it's likely to be a USB cable problem, which usually means one end or the other isn't plugged in properly.

Quoted from frobozz:

And you still get the "Check PFD board" message on startup? And in sensor calibration test they all appear red? So now see if anything on that board works. The hotrails (you can see in attract mode if they are working)? The spotlights (they have their own device test, do they move?) The two little status LEDs on that board, do they both blink at a fairly fast rate? (If you pull the USB cable while everything is powered up, you can see the slow default blink rate that they both should have... does plugging the USB cable back in make them both blink faster like they should?)
Next try pulling the "ethernet cable" type connections from the boards with the sensor, one by one while in sensor test. The shooter lane board and keyboard board are both easy, but for the upper playfield board you're going to have to follow the cables down and unplug them at the PFD board - just unplug both since it will be impossible to tell in place which one goes to the sensors. Unplug one, wait a moment, check screen, then on to the next. Do the remaining sensors come alive on the test screen at some point, i.e. is a bad board somehow stomping on all the sensors? If you unplug them all with no change, try plugging them back in one by one slowly in a different order, in case it was the last one you unplugged that was bad.

The way you try to identify a problem , and the cause , and go through it step by step , is the best I've seen .
You explain yourself so well , even a simpleton like me is able to understand

#11576 2 years ago

I was really looking forward to this topper .
The jjp one is very simple and is a great price but I was hoping for something a bit more dynamic .
I thought this would be the one , mid-range and would cover all the bases , but to me it just looks very flat , the art looks good , the sculpt looks good , I like the lights , but it just doesn't look like a stage and the lights should be red , yellow and green like the GNR colors . At around 1500 aud dilvered , it's expensive for what it is .
Liors topper will probably be great , but at almost rumoured 3,000 aud , I'm not sure I can justify that .
I think I might go down the track of making my own topper , there are quite a few neon Guns N Roses signs and you can get some articulating spotlights which will cost you way less .

IMG_20210623_222853 (resized).jpgIMG_20210623_222853 (resized).jpgIMG_20210623_222920 (resized).jpgIMG_20210623_222920 (resized).jpg
#11601 2 years ago
Quoted from Zanado:

You clearly havenā€™t meet many Australians

You funny bastard , I'll let you have that as you won the world Cup in test cricket

#11670 2 years ago

I got a Guns N Roses neon today .
It's way too big for a topper , but still looks pretty cool .
Anyone in Melbourne , I would highly recommend checking out man cave madness , they have heaps of cool stuff and easily over 50 pins .

IMG20210626185710 (resized).jpgIMG20210626185710 (resized).jpgIMG20210627021331 (resized).jpgIMG20210627021331 (resized).jpgIMG20210627021411 (resized).jpgIMG20210627021411 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_023059 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_023059 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_023201 (resized).jpgIMG_20210627_023201 (resized).jpg
#11691 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Thought you guys might like this solution as an alternative to having voice activated outlets for the additional light bars mod for your LE:

Wow that's really cool and really appreciate the video you made . Now if you made a video with all the parts needed and the step by step installation process that would be awesome
( for a know nothing's like me )

#11693 2 years ago

You legend , I am a bit jealous of the CE owners because I said to myself I had to play it , before I brought it and I think the art package looks unreal .
But if you can make the exterior hot rails work on the LE , that is just awesome .

#11727 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If any fellow Canadians are interested in ordering from the place that makes these neon signs, PM me. Maybe we can get a deal on the shipping. Last time I checked, the GnR neon was 260Euro but the shipping was 240Euro extra. They also have Kiss and Led Zeppelin signs as well. Thanks.
https://neonfactory.com/decoration-neon/entertainment-en/ent-8384-guns-n-roses-neon/
https://neonfactory.com/decoration-neon/entertainment-en/ent-8370-2-guns-n-roses-neon-guitar/

You can't believe everything you read .
This is the company that distributed my sign
https://www.neonetics.com/
They have distributors all over the place .
And no , they're not made in the Netherlands and mine came in the double box with foam , at no extra charge .

Quoted from allsportdvd:

I don't see the GNR one in that Mancave Madness store?

Google Guns N Roses neon sign / shopping and the eBay site should come up .

IMG_20210628_213108 (resized).jpgIMG_20210628_213108 (resized).jpgIMG20210628205607 (resized).jpgIMG20210628205607 (resized).jpgIMG20210628205618 (resized).jpgIMG20210628205618 (resized).jpgIMG_20210628_215331 (resized).jpgIMG_20210628_215331 (resized).jpg
#11757 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, I contacted Neonetics in the US and they told me they don't make a GnR sign. Was hoping to find one in North America.

Wow , you really can't believe everything you read .
No wonder I couldn't find it on their website .
There is no manufacturer on the back of the sign .
This was the paperwork in the box .

IMG20210629192607 (resized).jpgIMG20210629192607 (resized).jpg
#11789 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If any fellow Canadians are interested in ordering from the place that makes these neon signs, PM me. Maybe we can get a deal on the shipping. Last time I checked, the GnR neon was 260Euro but the shipping was 240Euro extra. They also have Kiss and Led Zeppelin signs as well. Thanks.
https://neonfactory.com/decoration-neon/entertainment-en/ent-8384-guns-n-roses-neon/
https://neonfactory.com/decoration-neon/entertainment-en/ent-8370-2-guns-n-roses-neon-guitar/

I spoke to the guy today who I got the sign off .
They are the ones from the Netherlands , he told me he also had the guitar ones in stock , I never saw them as they weren't on display .
They have nothing to do with neonitcs .
As far as he knows , you can't get them in North America .
Also , they aren't going to make the guitar ones anymore . If you want one , now is the time to get it , but it won't be cheap and you might have to get a transformer .
He also told me , he has ordered 2 GNR's , so jjp if you want to send me a topper as commission , I would be happy with that

IMG_20210630_214046 (resized).jpgIMG_20210630_214046 (resized).jpg
#11806 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

As promised, let me know what you think!

Someone make this a key Post

Great job , thanks for doing it .

#11886 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Does the official JJP topper do anything, price looks good.
Even if it just illuminates, I guess thatā€™s good enough.

It just stays on , constant white , but maybe there could be a possibility of them programming it to flash .

#11893 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Second, the side speakers should be black coordinate with the top.. Silver doesn't do it for me with this pin. It's too much and washes out the singer sculpture
Nothing is silver on the pin and overallit's too washed out looking. The silver scaffolding accent in silver looks good. If that was the only silver, then it would make Axl pop.
Final comment, the back drop lighting in the pic looks a little weak and concentrated to the bottom. Maybe the photos.. but I'd like to see it more even instead of just at the bottom and illuminate the entire art up to the top, not too bright to wash out Axl, but more even. I feel like I can see the bulbs/ LED behind the art
Great job overall.

I'm with vespula .
I think the side speakers looked washed out , especially with the colour of the wall behind them . If you had them black or red or a chrome surround they would pop a lot more , and the Axle sculpt needs a LED at his base to light him up , because he just blends into the background as well .
Overall I really appreciate the hard work you put into it and with just a couple little tweaks , it could put it over the top .
Now instead of the RGB lights on the sides , if you had two LCD screens , that would be sick .

IMG_20210704_013545 (resized).jpgIMG_20210704_013545 (resized).jpg

#11894 2 years ago

I don't need a complicated topper , I just want a simple topper , but I want it with moving spotlights , just like the Led Zeppelin topper .
If someone makes that , take my money now .
Pay no attention to the Shooter Rod , which is the worst I have ever seen .

#11896 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The led zep topper is quite good, yes.

I just want to see lights moving around on my ceiling .

#11982 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:Success! An LCD on the apron is incredible! I see so much more information now without having to look way up at the back corner - how many shots remaining for band members, shots remaining for song mb objectives, number of switch hits left during ignite the flames, etc, etc.
I have a few details to work out still - the oem PF LCD does NOT work with an HDMI splitter (at least not the splitters Iā€™ve tried), so I havenā€™t been able to run them both at the same time. The aftermarket LCD works fine with the splitter though - I have another LCD coming that I plan to swap out with the oem LCD in order to run both.
The current LCDs Iā€™m working with are TN panels - it would be nice to find cheap IPS panels that would offer better viewing angles. The TN panel is fine on the apron, but not sure how it will be on the PF.
A couple of pics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks sick , great job .

#11984 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I searched this thread ab an hidden egg of the GnR, but didnĀ“t find anything, or I missed it.
See a tour video:
During Attract mode hit the the buttons as followed in a row:
2 x right
7 x left
1 x right
14 x left
1 x right
18 x left
2 x right
have fun
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Key post mods .
If you were going to find out about something like that , I thought this would be the place where you would see it first , I suppose not .

#12026 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

So I have been experimenting in parallel with damonator. I got my replacement 7in lcd today, but still had issues getting both to boot up when the machine is power up. I can get 1 to work, and trick it by plugging in second monitor after boot, but so far no luck with both hooked up when powering on. I assume it's a hdcp issue, and will continue trying things. [quoted image]

Great photo , after almost 8 months of waiting it's nice to have a reminder of how good the playfield looks .

#12081 2 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Oh how nice, the sharpest tool in the shed has arrived! Unfortunately I wasn't detailed enough for the ones with a 4th grade education. "Disty, most orders, longest line theory" WHAT THE ACTUAL FU%K is That?
I am not referencing any one particular distributor. I would suggest going back and reading all 241 pages of this thread and you might have a better understanding of what I am getting at. If you have read it. Read it again and again till you can retain the information! For while a lot of discussion was which distributors get stock first. Who should I order from and so on. Being a NEWBE on here you wouldn't understand.
No one really knows who gets what from JJP or when JJP ship out orders to distributors. Ask any distributor. They will tell you how in the dark they were and still are on when order were shipped and how many units per shipment. Why do you think so many are still bitching and complaining about when they placed their order and still waiting. Oh wait, guess you missed that discussion too. Doesn't mater the size or volume of the dealer. I went with my local dealer which is one of the largest distributors. Just because a distributor is a large high volume dealer doesn't have any bearing on who gets what when. My point in my post was people in this thread months ago were receiving orders they placed many weeks after mine."DIFFERENT DISTRIBUTORS" OMG can't leave that critical bit of info out. Sharp tool will loose it again! These other orders just had a distributor that were receiving orders quicker and most likely didn't have as long of a waiting list to work through as my distributor did. My original delivery time was around Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then January then the distributor said spring. Sure you don't have to dig to far to find MANY others that were contently updated with delays from the distributor. The distributor had very little information from JJP for the delays and when next shipments were coming. Again, read back into this thread read about guys pissing and moaning about distributors not having any updates or info. Lots of guys turned to this thread in hopes to figure out production dates, production runs and time lines. Lots of speculation comments, but JJP kept things pretty quiet which infuriated many at times. So back to your "THEORY" point. No theory. All pretty damn accurate on how my order went as well as hundreds of others that can vouch for a similar experience. Lack of information the distributor passed on to me which was very little most of the time cause JJP wouldn't talk much about any specifics or details. This situation effected ALL distributors big and small. Next time I will be more specific for the educationally challenged. I could bring in COVID, but that would just overload what few normal functioning brain cells are left. Yes Covid did play a big roll in delays and production runs. Not therory. Its FACT.

You're the newbie around here mate , and your not gonna make any friends talking to people like that .

#12156 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I still don't get why JJP just can't send us an update kit made for this ?

That would mean they acknowledge there is a problem .

#12159 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

True.
Unless they change Playfield suppliers and state that they have, Iā€™m out on any more JJP.

The rumour is they are changing vendors and if Vid says it , I believe him more than most .

Screenshot_2021-07-10-20-26-51-74 (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-07-10-20-26-51-74 (resized).png
#12176 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

You mean the song LEVEL?
Pretty sure it's in status report, but I get what you're saying.

How's the video mode coming along Keith ?

#12234 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I was thinking it would be so cool if there was a way for them to add a new mode. I would call it ā€œcrowd surfing.ā€
It starts by ripping the left spinner x number of times and then the mode starts (like disco mode in DP). A lit shots starts at the left spinner, and once you hit it the next shot to the right is lit. You keep progressing over to the far right shot under the flipper to toss the ā€œsurferā€ over the guardrail and collect a bazillion points.
Lol that would mix it up and add a new dimension to the game. And have it be available to start anytime except song modes. I can dream I guess

Sounds fun .
I was thinking it would be cool if you could play The Wizard mode like in JP .
I haven't watched Carl d'angelos YouTube video on it , but I heard it's really good and you use opposite flippers and other stuff .
It sucks to have such a great mode and a lot of people will never see it .
I can't see the harm in being able to enable it in settings .
The more ways you can mix up gameplay and have different options , the better .

#12259 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Official JJP Guns Nā€™ Roses Inner Art Blades have been announced and can be purchased at flipnoutpinball.com!
Shipping August-Fall
$129 plus shipping
The artwork for these accessory blades are inspired by the Limited Edition package featuring actual concert posters from the ā€˜Not In This Lifetimeā€™ tour. Each set of blades will ship with a set of inner art blade protectors which can be easily added or removed, preventing any friction/damage from the raising and lowering of the playfield.
[quoted image]

They do look really good but I'll probably still go with mirror blades .

#12352 2 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

Our shooter is the same size as the stock one. We had this issue with the stock shooter from jjp on a few gnr games that we sold. We are waiting for respond from jjp about that. My own game came without sleeve. please check if you have the sleeve.

G'day Lor , just wondering how high the topper is , I have low ceilings .

#12353 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Not from Detroit nor complaining but Iā€™m baffled how this one wasnā€™t used anywhere unless Iā€™m missing it ?
[quoted image]

I might have to get a Melbourne one for the game room

IMG_20210714_222357 (resized).jpgIMG_20210714_222357 (resized).jpg
#12357 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I received my protector set and plan to install them soon, but the actuating rod carbon fiber protector is missing.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep , I asked for a full set , and that carbon fibre piece was not included .
I raised this , on this thread and had no response , so you know.....

#12407 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks great, but I wish they'd do those supports with polycarbonate. The black drives me nuts, and clear polycarbonate would blend a lot better on almost any wall.

The clear might reflect too much light ?

#12465 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It could be frosted if that's a problem, or the backside of the tubes could have a black coating sprayed on. Either would be less visually annoying than the black cage that seems to be the standard.

I thought the same thing when I got my GNR sign , but if you really wanted , you could easily cut off most of the black cage .
My Pegasus sign has a plastic LED tube which is almost unbreakable , no need for protectors at all .

IMG20210717191553 (resized).jpgIMG20210717191553 (resized).jpg
#12466 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:Itā€™s quite bizarre, so curious what other owners find. For me, once I noticed the nick in the harness the first time, I figured it came like that from factory. JJP sent me a new one, I replaced it, all was good. Then a couple months later I got a random auto ball launch, and then another, and was like wtf? Sure enough, the new harness had the same exact nick in it, but much more minor. JJP sent me out another new one which I havenā€™t replaced yet, but may do that this weekend since I got another auto plunge the other night.

I'd find out what's causing the nics , before you put on a third harness .

#12475 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

ā€¦you use the start button to boost your car. Etc, it was 1/10 before(nothing to do) and now probably a 3/10 IMO.
Shall We Play a Game for me is 10/10, Thirst for Carnage and Tear Down the Wall are very good but Desert Demolition needs more improvement and I know thereā€™s lots of potential for that one.

Rolls , do you mean the action button ?

#12482 2 years ago
Quoted from Bfults:

Ordered from Distro 2 Days after launch. I got it in yesterday. Weird thing is the Born on date is next Wednesday! There is a little hanky panky going on! Going over all know issues now.
[quoted image]

Thats the year , not the day of the month .

#12483 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

ā€¦ indeed Scream ā€¦. Thanks Mate

No worries , I just thought it would be weird to bend down and hit the start button
I wish I had my game , so I could know and learn all the rules

#12511 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Original post and pictures are back now

Not on my thread , do you want to put up a picture .

#12592 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni: Iā€™ve never seen any pin with this much NIB Fukery going on. ā€œHey, hereā€™s your new car you spent all your money on, but you better plastic wrap it before you drive it off the lot or all the paint will fall off.ā€ Complete trash

I guess you weren't around for POTC , makes GNR's issues look like a walk in the park .

#12645 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Take it however you want it but blatant false statements ruin your credibility and make me less likely to value your opinion.

Don't worry about Neil , he's a big Led Zeppelin fanboy .
It's funny how he talks about jjp quality with chipping playfields but never brings up Led Zeppelin playfields being warped like bananas , you can't mylar against that

#12659 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is true try going over to Led Zeppelin owners thread and make one negative comment.He was enraged that I said the artwork sucked compared to GnR.Can you imagine my nerve to say such a thing.The whole bunch went apeshit on me.Somebody my me aware that an owners thread was not the right place for my comments.I listened and learned.Some Stern fans need to practice what they preach!

Ha Ha I'm sure that would have been hilarious .
They would have loved your constructive criticism
I'm going to have to go over there and have a look

#12759 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I've got two Led Zeppelins - neither are warped. My AIQ was warped - Stern sent me a fully_ populated playfield replacement. Whats that? I can't hear you.
Regards,
Neil.

Hands up , my bad , I thought your Led Zeppelin was warped , but as you say , it was your Avengers , which just means Stern has put out two games with shit warped playfields .
Do you hear me

#12760 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the lights sheer off (a known problem for months and still happening) and then a big chunk of playfield comes off.

It's the first I've heard of lights sheering off , are you talking about servos not working ?
Also , I'd like to see a picture of a "chunk " of Playfield that has come off .

#12763 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ask and ye shall receive!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I did see those , and they are very disappointiing .
From what I've seen , I do think they are the exception and not the rule .

#12819 2 years ago

Lior has got his pop bumper mods .
Not for me but I'm still waiting to see what his topper looks like .

IMG_20210727_233728 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233728 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233625 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233625 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233646 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233646 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233708 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233708 (resized).jpg
#12884 2 years ago

This should lighten things up a bit

IMG_20210729_210144 (resized).jpgIMG_20210729_210144 (resized).jpg
#12887 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can you provide a link? If this is real this is another nail in the coffin for JJP. The bad publicity is killing them.

I don't see this as a nail in the coffin , just someone reaching for the heavens .
No harm in asking

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-eliza/collectables/guns-n-roses-collectors-edition-pinball-machine/1278712875

#12889 2 years ago

He lives down the road from me , maybe I should check it out

1 week later
#13103 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I donā€™t know how the rest of you get away with all these mods after taking five digits out of your bank accounts.

After selling my Hobbit for a thousand bucks more than what I paid for it , I can pretty much get away with anything , but I'm not going to tell her how much a topper is ( or at least take a zero off it)
Also , I don't say anything when she " invests " our money in flowers , candles and books

#13105 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

What are peoples thoughts on swapping the post out with a WPC post from opposite the upper right flipper.. I see it gets a lot of hits and is chipping/pooling on some games.
Canā€™t replace it with a longer post an nut, as it is directly above a circuit board and only has T nut to hold it.
[quoted image]

I'm not sure about swapping the posts , but what I am sure about , is we're beating you in the Olympics

IMG_20210805_220849 (resized).jpgIMG_20210805_220849 (resized).jpg
#13111 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

If I gave a toss..

Lol , apologies for going off topic , our goal is always to beat the mother country .
At least you guys are flogging the Krauts

#13143 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

These are the best ones [quoted image][quoted image]

I think so as well . I ordered a set .
They look classy and not too over the top .

#13150 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Thank Christ JJP got this game out the door before ā€œABSUŠÆDā€ ended up in it.

Who's , absurd

#13152 2 years ago

Jack thinks the playfield issues are from people damaging them .
The bullshit starts at 22:30
https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-p6mbh-f7d2079

#13158 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Anyone who thinks Aus are ahead of GB in the Olympic medal table
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"1193bd376b3bf871bdbdd91d18c686acec4edaa6-1628265918-1800"};
//]]>

Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

You were saying? LOL
[quoted image]

Dammit ,
It was too good to last

#13202 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71: Jury still out on the rules and gameplay for me. Probably because it is so different. But the more I learn, the more I like.

I haven't got my game yet , so I don't know , but could it do with a "tournament mode" which is less multi ball heavy .

#13280 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I just added a whole drumset to the pops, integrating the existing two parts. Looks fantastic. Is made with metal and the surfaces are mirrored. Put everything on a transparent plexiglass and fixed it with the screws from the bumper plastics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great find .
I couldn't decide , but I ended up going with a red set .
The detail on them is full on .
And they're so cheap , ( compared to what's "officially" available ) it doesnt matter if you decide you don't like them .
Did you just super glue them to the plexi .
IMG_20210809_222228 (resized).jpgIMG_20210809_222228 (resized).jpgIMG_20210809_222145 (resized).jpgIMG_20210809_222145 (resized).jpgIMG_20210809_222206 (resized).jpgIMG_20210809_222206 (resized).jpg
Edit , I saw you say , you basically use fishing line , I'll try super glue

#13329 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Well, here are some pics of my powder coating, game is not totally back together yet, just put all the cliffys on, I did the habit trails too because the factory chrome looked like absolute garbage.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have a look at this post

#13360 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

se version doesnt come nearly as good as the Le & Ce versions, so yes im saying the machines needs more fucking lights.

I forgot it has about 150 less LEDs

But to put that in perspective , standard GNR has 200+ RGBs , Ninja Turtles pro has 17 RGBs .

#13363 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

I get what youā€™re saying. But i like lights

I'm all for people doing what they like to their games , if you like them go for them .

#13369 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Iā€™m new to the 3D printing world. How do you order this?

Jjp should be putting these on , or something similar at the factory .
The two times I have played this , I got balls stuck there .
How was this not picked up during play testing .

#13410 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a7fb0fa163879ef68873331eacb3b4e509d04cdb-1628762851-1800"};
//]]>

-- ā€¦ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ lol and indeed Ecw

Your the king of emojis Rolls

#13411 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Not my idea, but just documenting how I added this drum set to my machine.
Product links:
Red Drum Set Music Instrument Miniature Replica on Stand, Size 5 x 5 x 4 in. amazon.com link Ā»
Polycarbonate Clear Plastic Sheet 12" X 18" X 0.0625" (1/16") Exact, Shatter Resistant, Easier to Cut, Bend, Mold than Plexiglass. VEX Robot, Hobby, DIY, Industrial, Craft. Plexiglas Glass Replacement amazon.com link Ā»
Multipurpose Double Sided Mounting Tape - Washable Traceless Clear Adhesive Tape - Household & Industrial Gel Tapeļ¼ˆ9.85FTļ¼‰ amazon.com link Ā»
Here's the product as it comes:
[quoted image]
The bottom can be easily removed to expose nuts.
[quoted image]
Take them all out with a 5/32" socket to remove all of the drum parts topside.
Cut plexiglass to size to fit into the recess. You'll be drilling holes through it using the wood base as a template.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Start attaching parts, referencing original photo for placement.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Place on pop bumpers using double stacked alien tape to avoid screw thread interference with the pop bumper plastics.
[quoted image]
I oriented the set towards the player, but you could orient it other ways based on your preference.

Great job , good to know no need for super glue .
As atg said , smart move using the board as a template .

#13604 2 years ago

Sounds like I should be glad I held off on ordering .

#13607 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

My first NIB is in at my reputable distributor. Questionā€¦. How were your games delivered to you all, in the box and unboxed and assembled in your home or unboxed and assembled remotely at the distributor location? Iā€™m a bit nervous because my guy is assembling remotely then putting it on a truckā€¦. Suggestions?

It probably gives your distributor time to set it up at his Leisure and check it all over . If he transports it correctly it shouldn't be an issue .
But nothing beats opening that box in your game room , getting that new pinball smell and pulling the protective plastic off and opening all the little packages yourself .

#13609 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Or tell the guy you want the original box or youā€™d prefer he assemble it at your house. Why arenā€™t you assembling it, hereā€™s a video

I'm getting my guy , to deliver it , set it up , put the cliffy's on and do all the mods . He's " bulletproofed "5 CE's and a few LE's .
I think it's worth it for the peace of mind and I don't want to pull off upperplayfields and other stuff , every time I do things like that I always have left over pieces

#13628 2 years ago

So the GT is still the way to go .

#13636 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Hey screaminr !
Well...not necessarily. I would put it this way. For GNR, if you plan to add externals such as a powered sub or stage / AV monitors, the GT facilititates these capabilities. But, many of the features of the GT are overkill for this title and there is a premium to get these features. Most guys don't go the external route and have been craving simplicity and the lower price point served by the KO.
We still offer the GT so if you want to go that route, we'll take great care of you!
Hope that helps.
Thanks,
Dan

Thanks Dan
I'm into overkill and will be adding a subwoofer and I want it loud enough to piss off some annoying Neighbours

#13654 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahaha ā€¦ to all of us!
Iā€™m sure that if the game takes a picture in that moment, everyone will look like this ""

Can't wait to find out what you guys are talking about

#13727 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The THUMP and POP on boot up I dislike greatly. I wish JJP would get rid of it.
Its appears to be an audio pop, can't it be muted somehow ?
Is it really that difficult ?

I like the Crackle Pop on startup , it let's me know it's alive

#13728 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

Oh shoot. Thats sick. I had no
Idea. At first i thought something was just wrong with the speaker that thing is loud

It is sick , and it's a pity some companies don't include them anymore . Always good to see someone jump , who's not expecting it .

#13732 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

fully agree. I had a nice experience this weekend when i went to Berlin and visited the Berlin Flipperhalle. They had a Ghostbusters there and the librairian scream triggered a few times. Not the same as a knocker going off but it got the job done. Had not seen it live yet so was pleaseantly surprised on some of the heads turning when it activated. That game has really grown on me.

My mate had GB and the first time I heard it , made me jump .
I also really liked Midnight Madness . I didn't know about it and I was playing and the flippers went dead and I thought what's going on here and then the bell began to Toll and it said Midnight Madness , it was so cool .
I don't know why more pins don't have more cool stuff coded. .

#13761 2 years ago

This just popped up on my YouTube .
Old news but I haven't seen it before .

#13917 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:2 1/4 inch Titans on the slings works absolutely perfectly. No difference at all in terms of feel and slightly less stress on the rubber. Fitted these to 5 LE's so far and all are holding up very well.

Swampy , what's the pinball situation like in Dubai .

#13919 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Slowly growing I think. We have sold more GNR LE than I expected to which is a great indicator. Quite a few expats still here too which helps.
I am trying to get more games out on locations here to increase awareness. When I first got here 6 years ago, not a single machine could be found anywhere. Nowadays it's a little different with some arcades putting them in. I just have to explain the whole 'keep them clean and maintained' thing quite often due to a lack of awareness. Good signs though.

Thanks , good to hear .

#13982 2 years ago

I got a new email , and was hoping it was Gnr shipping but it's just a moderation notice from pinside

#13989 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

and whatā€™s wrong with the default protector on the center scoop? Seems like a solid design.

Which one would you want

IMG_20210826_171225 (resized).jpgIMG_20210826_171225 (resized).jpgIMG_20210826_171249 (resized).jpgIMG_20210826_171249 (resized).jpg
#13999 2 years ago

The mini drum set I ordered arrived today , not sure if I will use any or all of it , but the detail on it is full on.
One of those Impulse buys after you've had a few drinks . But it is fun when stuff arrives in the mail

IMG_20210826_224747 (resized).jpgIMG_20210826_224747 (resized).jpg
#14000 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So... What BAD is going to come from this if anything? And, do I just use the ironing method, get some mylar circles and "solve" it that way?
Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

From what I've heard , I would heat it up and flatten it , and even a hair dryer can work , apparently .
I've read conflicting stories about the Mylar circles .

#14077 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Im going through old posts and Im looking for the post about the iron everyone is using to stop the pooling posts, No luck! What flat iron should we buy?? THANKS!

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/permatex-pro-style-vinyl-and-leather-repair-kit-81781/7740002-P

#14085 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I know some of the posts that need washers and cliffy carbon fibre but does anyone have a diagram of all posts that need it? I saw a post here but itā€™s not key posted and I have pooling around some posts straight out of the box

I think this is it .

IMG_20210828_010620 (resized).jpgIMG_20210828_010620 (resized).jpg
#14086 2 years ago

All the way from Texas , the flipper toppers came today , thanks Mr_Tantrum .
They look great and I'll get the fourth little one when that's available .

IMG20210827180238 (resized).jpgIMG20210827180238 (resized).jpgIMG20210827180452 (resized).jpgIMG20210827180452 (resized).jpg
#14135 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

$16,850 and that's how they ship it?
They are giving us the finger.

Those ones are $15490

#14160 2 years ago

This is exciting , good luck

#14172 2 years ago

There is more than one HDMI out , can you plug it into another monitor ?

#14176 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You mean unplug the hdmi from this screen and find another to plug it into?

Go with what Pin Monk says , but it could be worth a try , at last resort .

#14185 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

We have success!
Thanks so much all and particularly PinMonk
I think now I should be ordering a set of fans from you, you deserve my order
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"5a34849772f23f595e1bfd8277d361d4313545f8-1630145361-1800"};
//]]>

Now to setup wifi etc
[quoted image]

Yay well done

IMG_20210828_200959 (resized).jpgIMG_20210828_200959 (resized).jpg
#14186 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Awesome. Great news. Enjoy the game!

Hats off to you PIN Monk , you did a great job .

#14188 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Absolutely brilliant I canā€™t thank you enough

Lol , I know that's meant for PinMonk

#14201 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That was masterful Vic! Pinside is nothing without guys like you, lol.

It really was pinside at it's best

#14271 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It seems the photo is taken and you never see it again?

As far as I know , it will pop up after a few cycles in attract mode .

IMG_20210830_200351 (resized).jpgIMG_20210830_200351 (resized).jpg
#14411 2 years ago

Anyone know where this shooter Rod comes from ?

IMG_20210901_232909 (resized).jpgIMG_20210901_232909 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#14697 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Here is what im up against

You got instructions to install your cliffy's ?
Any chance you could post a picture of them please .

#14746 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I thought ALL playfields were already made.

I don't think they would have made all the 5562 playfields at once .

#14748 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Now where did you come up with that crazy high number??? JJP never publishes actual numbers and if you cut it down by 4,000 to maybe 1562, youā€™d still be way too high. JJP is a tiny boutique company and does not sell that many of anything. Lol

Piss off Jimmy , spread your troll shit in the other threads .

#14751 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

What happened JJP Shill Screamnir? Did I hit a truth nerve troll buddy? Lol Donā€™t like being called out I guess?

I'll debate you any day of the week , in any of the other threads , this thread isn't for tools like you .

#14752 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:So sorry to see this terrible crap on your nice PF. The interesting thing about almost every poor quality issue with JJP, even in addition to the many play fields problems, is mech, electrical, lights, CPU issues, etc. If these machines were cars, weā€™d call them lemons. I know there are on occasions some JJP machines with very few plays, so they have very few issues, but every location Iā€™ve seen a JJP machine, its almost always out of service. Cannot figure out where the myth JJP makes quality products comes from? Hope youā€™re able to arrest those issues so they donā€™t become larger. Good luck!

At least come up with something new , you just cut and paste posts now

#14754 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Youā€™d lose that debate easily my good troll buddy. No contest. Donā€™t think youā€™d be up to it at all, lol.

Mate , I can fart better than you debate

#14853 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What difference does magnet size make? The Pyramid magnet is significantly larger than the Goldwood.

IMG_20210912_205457 (resized).jpgIMG_20210912_205457 (resized).jpg
#14858 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nothing against Pinwoofer or Dan, just noticed my sub appeared to be better than the stock one in the LEā€™s and itā€™s a different sub than in the instructions for the upgrade. I donā€™t know a lot about speakers so thought Iā€™d ask the question of people that do.
It seems the 2 speakers are pretty much the same spec - so in that case I may as well just leave the stock one in and I can use the Pinwoofer one elsewhere. Not complaining.
Or I might swap them after a bit and see if I can tell the difference.
As for the CE upgrade, I was assured by others and Dan that the overall kit would still be an solid upgrade on the CE. Was keen to try it out. If itā€™s no different (which I doubt) Iā€™ll just throw it in Wonka.
The kit itself seems solid and really professional.
One day Iā€™ll try an external sub.

Pinwoofer isny going to supply an inferior product than what's already in there .
It's his business to get the best possible sound in this machine , and for a music pin you want the best possible sound .
So install the kit and enjoy .

#14950 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah it should have had that theatre marquee as a 3D backlit mini-marquee with actual 3d grids and a bunch of letters that snapped onto it so you can change the message on the theatre marquee to whatever you want. And actual chase lights around the marquee. Would have cost MAYBE $50 in quantity to do and upped the cool substantially.

You have great ideas , and maybe should do some toppers .
Jjp topper is ok and it's at reasonable price , the English Guys topper of was alright but didn't hit the mark , I think I will go for the rock topper .

IMG_20210915_224553 (resized).jpgIMG_20210915_224553 (resized).jpg
#14952 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That looks cool but all I can think about when I look at it is four more servos to maintain...

You read my mind

#14953 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You read my mind

You did , until you changed your statement .
The guy who made these programmed GNR and it's fully integrated and also has backbox lighting as well .

#14972 2 years ago
Quoted from Sir_Keensworth:

This is my first NIB machine and hoping for some advice. do i need to do anything to help protect the playfield like clearcoat it? or will that already be done to the machine when i get it? and is there other protective measures i should take? ive already got some cliffys ready for when it arrives
Thanks

Go to topic index ( key posts ) at top of page and look at post 11300 by foofighter .
Apparently the factory has tried to make some Improvements .
Basically if you see some pooling , heat it up , flatten it and put some Mylar over it . Some people recommend petg washers .

#15125 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

NEXT FEW WEEKS? sheeeeeeeeeeeet man. Everyone seems to be getting them super fast from distributors...wtf.
Show some direct luv JJP! Who is your distro?
btw,

I finally rang my distributor to ask him if he knew when my game was coming , for the first time since I ordered in November .
He said it was on a ship
And now for the long trip down under , at least another 5 or 6 week wait

IMG_20210921_220758 (resized).jpgIMG_20210921_220758 (resized).jpg
#15138 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Lost vertical axis on left spotlight.
Sorry if asked a squillion times...
What's the best quality fully compatible servos?
Cheers

Apparently , EMAX ES 3054

#15146 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Wanted 200mil bad! Sooo close!

IMG_20210922_084618 (resized).jpgIMG_20210922_084618 (resized).jpg
#15149 2 years ago

Totally off topic but we just had a massive earthquake , everything's fine but we never have earthquake's . Such a weird feeling

#15151 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Oh man. Hope all is ok.

All good here , apparently 6 on the Richter scale .

#15184 2 years ago
Quoted from Zanado:

Thatā€™s just life for us across the ditch, but not something I recall happening in Aussie before. Glad it wasnā€™t too large, but that had to be frightening for many people. Just not the construction workers it seems.

Small Potatoes compared to you guys .
We were all ready to watch the riots today but after the earthquake everyone's attention was diverted

#15187 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Gotto say this thread is one of the most helpful on pinside. Every owner really goes that extra mile to help each other with issues. Good to see the issues are mostly minor fixes too.

Couldn't agree more .
Great bunch of guys here .
Over almost a year I've seen almost every problem get resolved with the help of everyone .
Reassuring to know there is such a great community here to help if needed .

#15189 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

This is very insightful and thank you a BUNCH for seeing this and commenting. It's always really cool to see the "official guys" come in and talk. Very cool and we do appreciate it.
This was a lot of info and I'm going to have to go back and read it multiple times! hahaha I'll definitely set it up and mess around with it.
You mentioned you can see what modes they stacked. Just an example. I hit my GC by a LOT yesterday at 199Mil. I would love to go back and see HOW I did it as far as multiballs, boosters, and stacking. You're saying that Scorbit would show these things?
I also love the idea of Hog Mode. I have one game, and Hog Mode sounds like a great idea for HUO guys like myself where we can just connect and forget. A
Also, being able to follow others, get notifications, etc etc. This is much more than I thought it was.
Thanks again!

Wouldn't it be sick , if they got to the point where you and your mate could login and connect " live " and then using the camera in the game you can see each other in the bottom corner of the screen and play each other live .

Edit , you would need a microphone .
Would that be possible with the current hardware .

#15345 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks . That was u2 edge.. I found this one
ebay.com link: Keychain Guitar Gibson Les Paul Tobacco Slash Guns N Roses Brand New Sealed

That looks good , a lot better than the bracket .

#15354 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The one I posted is the November burst finish and

I grabbed the burnt finished one you posted .
It looks a bit more subtle and should blend in better but if it looks crap $13 is no big deal .

#15357 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Will be interesting to see shipping time since coming from Argentina.

Lol , I didn't even look to see where it was coming from and trust me I'm getting very good at waiting these days

#15370 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

What no Tasmania date!

Tazzie always gets forgotten about , hopefully it pays off when China invades us

#15412 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Speakers definitely need to be upgraded on this game. Any suggestions on speakers?

I finally ordered a Pinwoofer kit last night .
I messaged Dan last night and he got back to me almost instantly . He answered all my questions and made the ordering process so easy .
I can't say what the kit sounds like but the customer service has been exceptional .

#15450 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:https://pinmonk.com/products/guns-n-roses-airball-drain-barrier ā€¦. It is worth it Chaka
Guaranteed that it will save you a few:-"Sh**!" and :-"Ohh F**k man!!"

You talked me into it .
I was going to make one at work , but it's always fun to get something in the mail

#15529 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Also, the two drunk girls in front of us ended up passing out about an hour in.

#15619 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:Start a JJP GnR Bugs/Wishlist thread please Vic ?
Great to see pinball_keefer is engaged and dedicated.

Keith has a thread for code stuff .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program

#15715 2 years ago

This just in. Shout out to Dan PinWoofer for the speedy and effortless transaction. Ordered last week Saturday and itā€™s already here. Looking forward to installing these ASAP
[quoted image]

It's raining Pinwoofers
Also want to thank Dan as well for such an easy process and shipping it out so quickly .
I like how if you get the mounting bracket you can choose what colour you want it , nobody would think twice if it just came in black , it's the little things that count .

IMG20211004171615 (resized).jpgIMG20211004171615 (resized).jpg

#15720 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Where can I get Svenā€™s stage speakers & drums mod...and what is the cost?

Check out this link .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-jjp-guns-n-roses-le-ce-ultimate-stage-upgrade-kit

#15724 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The latest builds are using an updated washer and post combination that seems to have stopped any playfield issues.

I know it's been spoken about to death , but I can't see how any washer combination doesn't just push the pooling further out .
( if you have the ink not sticking issue )
And you hear about people with the clear coat and Mylar all lifting up and if you have to remove that Mylar , just sounds like a big chunk of art will go missing .
I think I will just cross my fingers everything is ok but if I do get some chipping , I'll just touch it up and put some clear nail polish varnish over the top , it's sad it's come to this
I wish that was the only " issue " we had to talk about , does the game have too many multiballs or not .

#15727 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Exactly.... I got red too.

No one will ever know , and no one will ever see it , ( or care ) but I love how Dan went to the effort of making it happen

#15748 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

And lastly what toy guy cleaning the monitor screen with ? Mine has finger prints all over it from the line building the game

You can also get a screen cleaner from most AV shops .

IMG20211005112206 (resized).jpgIMG20211005112206 (resized).jpg
#15793 2 years ago

Ordered separately but today mirror blades and blade protectors came , it's like they're meant to be together

IMG20211007230958 (resized).jpgIMG20211007230958 (resized).jpg
#15798 2 years ago
Quoted from nice_shoes:

LE #1633 delivered this week down under. June build date, has the factory washers on the posts. Very first NIB JJP, absolutely amazing!!
Next job.. having all the playfield protection fitted

Nice one , you got in before the strikes at the ports , hopefully I can avoid them as well .
There's nothing like the smell of a new jjp game .

#15839 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

They Kurts ones?
put my black ones on yesterday. Was surprised they fit, but fit they did.
Wasn't so bad, i'd been putting it off for more than 6 months.

Yep , thanks for letting me know about these .
I like how he includes the tape , not sure about the funky Flipper rubbers though

IMG20211008175317 (resized).jpgIMG20211008175317 (resized).jpg
#15945 2 years ago

Stupid question , are the coin mechs set up and ready to go .
I remember , I was told I had to pay extra to get the coin mechs to work on my Hobbit .

#15983 2 years ago

I have to admit, once I found out LE owners can whoop CE owners on the same Scorbit board i knew it was time

The LE owners have the advantage , we're not blinded by all that glitter

#16088 2 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

If it happened at every game start, it would get old fast. Plus, it delays ball serve by about 11 seconds.
--Ted

Can you make it an option in settings to have it at the start of every game , so people on location can get the full experience .

#16093 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That is why it is programmed after attract mode runs it will run the routine again on Start game.

If someone finishes a game and you walk up and put your money in , you don't get to see it .

#16097 2 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Point taken. I'm mulling over a tweak or two.
--Ted

I haven't seen it yet , I'm waiting till I get my game but it sounds excellent .
Great to see you guys in the thread by the way .

#16149 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hey, PinMonk
Alright everybody
Gather around, the PinMonk is here
Now what kind of mod d'ya want?
Sweet Tibetan Breeze fans, airball drain barriers, Nylon washers?
Anything you want!
You've come to the right man, because the PinMonk can!
Who can take a GNR (who can take a GNR )
Sprinkle it with air (sprinkle it with air)
Cover it with coolness from a mod here and there?
The PinMonk can (the Pinmonk can)
Oh, the PinMonk can (the Pinmonk can)
The PinMonk can 'cause he mixes it with air
And makes the temps feel good (makes the temps feel good)

Take it to the Wonka thread

#16151 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Just want to add that an option to see the special new intro every set number of games would be cool too. Example, I'm having a party Saturday and people will be playing it non stop all night. It would be cool for people who don't play the very first game to get to see it.

That's why there should be an option to see it every game and if you don't want to see it , press the action button or both flippers to skip it .

#16157 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Both flippers would kill it for all the newb monkey flippers.

You put your money in , and you watch the opening sequence , if it was during Game , I would agree with you the people would be pressing the flippers and would skip it .

#16159 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Lol!
Does the Wonka have flipper fade, magnet heat problems and alleged sensor heat problems too?

As I read your post I just heard the Candyman
Apparently all games have flipper fade , but the games I've had , flipper fade hasn't been an issue .

#16161 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

How about just start The new intro every time You press start And have it cancel it out if you plunge the ball.. that way if you want to wait for it and watch it you can but if you plunge the ball it stops and you just play? Would that work?

I wouldn't involve the start button , once you've started a game and you want to skip any video moments , just press the action or both flippers , plenty of games do that .

#16166 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I've had a pretty wicked rattle from day 1 every time the shaker goes off. Sounds like the glass, but I can't figure out exactly where it's coming from. I've been ignoring it, but it's getting real old. Has anyone else encountered this and figured out a way to fix it yet?

I noticed it when I played the demo model , my pinwoofer came with " rattle tape " , stick it to the top side of the glass .

IMG20211015024414 (resized).jpgIMG20211015024414 (resized).jpg
#16168 2 years ago

Just ordered a pinwoofer kit, so, I'll give the tape a shot. Thanks!

Make sure you ask for the tape in your order , ( I think it's extra ) Dan is more than happy to help .

#16201 2 years ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Sorry to ask but this Scorbit thing, is it display on the machine when you unlock an achievement like Stern or is it phone based only? If it doesn't come up on the machine then im not going to bother with it.

#16270 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveBen:

JJP said they would send me a washer kit, but after waiting a long time, I contacted them again and they told me they would not be sending me anything.

They won't even send you a washer kit and probably wonder why there's a backlash against them on pinside . Pathetic

This comment is directed at upper management who make these pitiful cost cutting measures .
Like really , how much does a hand full of washers cost .

#16329 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:After 8 months Iā€™m just in your same level Allsport ā€¦ I started Scorbit just tonight and my 1st score was 1,083,649 while waiting for Chaka and eventually Screaminr

Ha Ha , you officially have a stalker Rolls

IMG_20211017_203420 (resized).jpgIMG_20211017_203420 (resized).jpg
#16331 2 years ago

Ha! Give me a minute man, itā€™s 4am and Iā€™ve finally quit setup for the night. Wanted to work out the kinks before i move it downstairs to its permanent home.
First and foremost, this pin came out the box flawless (for NIB standards). Well packed, no damage, no scratches, etc. switch #35 and the left gate needed so massaging and worked fine after. Only real flaw was getting Chinese Democracy as the disc decal - why me? 1.25 light show is beyond amazing. Everyone came upstairs and was like WTF is going on. Anyway, thereā€™s a lot positive, but because we are spoiled children, we want to have the cake and eat it too, with toys on top. So hereā€™s some issues I found and some requests Iā€™d like to see.
1. Shaker motor. Option to turn it off. Especially when in headphones mode. Lots of peeps here work all week and the only time to play is midnight with a house full of sleeping people. While the pops and flipper sounds will never be quiet, theyā€™re not bad at all on this pin. My neighbors felt the shaker motor thought. So people able to go into quiet headphone mode with Shaker off would be much appreciated, esp for the future pinball babyā€™s sleeping
2. Bluetooth is bad, sounds like below FM quality. I have some Bose Quietcomfort 35s and they work with the direct 1/8 plug-in fine (with the IPhone cable - the Samsung doesnā€™t work). I also noticed I could hear the built in mic on the Bluetooth connection so something is very off there.
3. The boot loader screen showing all these errors. My pin boots fine but the load sequence made my head spin with all the messages. Are these actual errors or just boot code that needs to be cleaned up. Not sure we need to see this unless troubleshooting
4. The snap crackle pops during boot. Least of the concerns but curious what this is. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen a P3 do this, so not sure what audio events are happening during the boot. Again, no biggie just small things I noticed.
5. Band qualifying icons on PF. Im guessing im just not seeing these, but the main 7 icons right in front of you are supposed to have matching objective icons across the PF. I see Duff (upper left PF) and Izzy (left center shot) - these are clear and make sense. Slash doesnā€™t appear to have one, but thatā€™s the spinner I figured out (maybe should have had the hat icon on the hat?). Frankā€™s drum icon is in between the pops, but qualifying him is the right ramp / drum sticks. Hmmm. And the 2x keyboard icons nowhere to be found, I just hit random items and qualify Melissa. Is there a reason for 2 keyboard icons? Same with Axl, no mic icon - is Axl the 3 letters?. Hopefully Iā€™m not seeing this right but seems off.
Ok, now Iā€™m gonna get greedy. But figured this would be a bonus.
#6. (Bonus greedy ask) In jukebox, how about the original MTV videos for some of the songs (November Rain, Welcome to the Jungle, Patience, Estranged, You Could Be Mine, etc). Again super greedy to ask for this but if youā€™re listening Hogbog , Slash/Axl/GNR owns these videos right? Well if you donā€™t ask, then itā€™s no. So nothing to lose asking right?
Awesome pin though, all the recent pins still canā€™t touch it including Godzilla. And I see you Rolls-Royce - the good news for you is my paddle says you donā€™t need a heater this winter[quoted image]

Great to see you bit the bullet and opened it up .
Don't worry about the snap , crackle , pop on startup , that's just JJP's way to let you know your game alive

#16378 2 years ago

Heads up on if youā€™re buying mezel mod plastic protectors. Iā€™ve only bought Pinbits prior and had zero problems, but these seems strange. Pinbits always had a slight underhang to take the hit from ball shots. These seem to perfectly align with the current plastics and Iā€™m not sure how that would protect the original. Anybody use these before? Pic 1 is both and the 2nd is the protector under the original - nothing underlapping meaning both plastics will take the hit
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Would a clear petg washer stick out enough ?
I still think they should use a flexible plastic , like they use in Tupperware .
The ball could hit it all day long and wouldn't chip or break .

#16423 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

4M is probably in the top 30 of my best recordsā€¦. Thatā€™s why I miss it
took me 2 years in Batman66 to achieve 1 Billion, and 3 years in Attack From Mars Remake to score 12 Billionā€¦.. but in Gā€™NR Iā€™ll be there youā€¦ you Chaka!

Impressive , what are your best scores with the glass on

#16471 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

and it was with the whole 5 balls game so I restarted my Pinballā€¦. And Chaka and Screaminr are thinking that Iā€™m not going to beat them next week in Scorbit because of thatā€¦. They will see whoā€™s the best soon
(And this is not a sarcasm ā€¦ ā€¦ )

you're the best Rolls you crack me up .
Even with your five balls a game , can't wait to show you who's the boss

#16565 2 years ago

I do like Rush. Heā€™s played in so many good movies [quoted image]

I don't think Rolls is talking about the actor , I think he's talking about the movie

IMG_20211022_215847 (resized).jpgIMG_20211022_215847 (resized).jpg
#16672 2 years ago

#16708 2 years ago

PinMonk your airball shield came today .
It's a quality piece of work , with detailed instructions , well done .
Were you making a ham sandwich before you packed it , for some reason Doug really wanted to eat the box

IMG_20211025_201937 (resized).jpgIMG_20211025_201937 (resized).jpg
#16818 2 years ago

Itā€™s on the top of the PF from what I remember. Let me check and Iā€™ll post a pic

I just got a notification , you're kicking ass in the Land of the Lost arcade .

IMG_20211028_220600 (resized).jpgIMG_20211028_220600 (resized).jpg
#16877 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looking forward to more Scorbit updates. It's gotten much better over the last year, just need more lol - PS you guys rock that are coding/supporting the scorbit and achievements stuff.

It would be great if you could send messages to people you are following and to people who follow you .

#16900 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Iā€™m DADX on Scorbit.

Good to know .
Let's Get Ready To Rumble !

Yeah I want to remind you and Rolls-Royce youā€™re getting owned by a caveman within Scorbit. Come on jsa add the S-talkin

I eat cavemen for breakfast , you're gonna wish it was the Stone Age

Now I just need my game to rock up

#16902 2 years ago

Youā€™re gonna get chewed up like a Vegemite Sandwich Mate!
[quoted image]

I could go one of those .

#16916 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Following you guys and will be ready to rumble for a Vegemite sanga when I get home from work next week
Game is so good and some friendly rivalry will make it even better.
Im Ando RPA if anyone wants to add.

Great to see , should be fun .
I'm realising it's going to be tricky to remember who everyone is , when people have different names and avatars , but we'll get there .
Good to have someone in the same time zone

#16917 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

ā€¦ and after Chaka, Screamā€¦
[quoted image]

IMG_20211030_181053 (resized).jpgIMG_20211030_181053 (resized).jpg
#16919 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Best tonightā€¦ just warming
[quoted image]

Well once we take off 40% for a 5 ball game , looks like we could battle it out for E division championship

#16922 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hey hey hey
Its 3 balls only

Haha

For competition sure .
If someone wants to play 5 ball games , I have no problem with that . It's just fun to stir a bit

#16930 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Joining the club today - picking up my GNR LE in an hour from GAP. Gonna be a great day!

Did you let your Halloween go ?

#16932 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Decided not to just yet - it Will be arriving next week and Iā€™m going to give it a shot. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have no problem selling it if it isnā€™t for me. Theme is 100% up my alley but I have some concerns on gameplay, which is more important (IMO).

Best of luck what ever you decide . There have been a few mixed reviews about it .
It sounds like they've been limited by the assets they can get .

#16959 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$0.80 with $1.85 shipping. The only downer is shipping time china post is usually like 4-8 weeks.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001233464989.html
They have a pewter version (not pictured below, but on that page), so it wouldn't even need to be painted.
[quoted image]
And I have to post this one. Chinese product listings on Aliexpress have English hilarity all over the place, like this keychain for the "Hip Hop Rock" band JUDAS PRIEST.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32815811297.html

I got totally ripped off , it said it was $0.01 and when I got to check out it was $0.02

IMG_20211031_225438 (resized).jpgIMG_20211031_225438 (resized).jpg
#16961 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Speaking of keychains I got this one
[quoted image]

I got that one the other week , cost almost $40 to get here from England

#16963 2 years ago
Quoted from RoadQueen:

Ouch! Itā€™s pricey shipping down there. But it looks nice!

Shipping was about half the price .
That oldies website has got some cool stuff .

#16965 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I got my stadium topper from PinGraffix this week and I am absolutely BLOWN AWAY how cool this topper is. It looks fantastic in personā€¦ It has exceeded my expectations. I was concerned that it was going to be too much light all the time and it is perfect, it connects to the light board under the playfield and it syncs up to the lights perfectly on the playfield. It is really well made and it took me only about 10-15 minutes to install. If your on the fence about this topper I totally recommend itā€¦ beats a lit piece of acrylic on the topā€¦ HOME RUN. My basement has low ceilings and it fit fantastically best thing I added to my Guns N Roses machine.. this has to be seen in person really adds to the experience.

[quoted image]

Your videos aren't working .
I'm hoping to see it in person soon .
Great to see you're really happy with it .

Man , that is a tight fit under your ceiling .

#16977 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If you go to their site and order them today with promo code: Spice34, you are getting between $300-$340 off depending which version you choose.

This always happens when I'm up late and drunk , I ordered because of the savings code , free shipping and the exchange rate , saved almost a 1000 bucks .
But I will probably wake up in the morning and think what the fuck have I done

#16979 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This always happens when I'm up late and drunk , I ordered because of the savings code , free shipping and the exchange rate , saved almost a 1000 bucks .
But I will probably wake up in the morning and think what the fuck have I done

I tried to edit this post so many times but Pinside wouldn't let me .
I'm not saying pinside is bad , I just want to say what I think .

#17025 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahaha Iā€™m glad I was able to read it Scream

I wasn't even making sense by the end of it last night .
The shifty part of my brain convinced me I was saving almost $1000 but when I woke up today and reality kicked in , I worked out it was closer to $400
There should be an app on your phone which will see when you've had too many beers and stop you from posting crap and buying stuff

#17131 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

not needed if you enoble your GnR with SvenĀ“s Ultimate Stage Kit and the included speaker.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-jjp-guns-n-roses-le-ce-ultimate-stage-upgrade-kit

It would be good if you could pick and choose which pieces you wanted from the kit .

#17166 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

ā€¦ youā€™re going down sucka!" ā€¦ and then you Screaminr

Once I get my game , this is going to be you Rolls

IMG_20211105_195407 (resized).jpgIMG_20211105_195407 (resized).jpg

#17168 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I woke up to Scorebit notifications and thought ā€˜oh good, Chaka and Royce are going at it!!ā€™
And now Iā€™m sat here, reevaluating my entire life.

I'm assuming your silky sox , if so good to see

#17171 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

So is there an easy way to see what patches achieved ? When holding flipper and scrolling patch screen will only show for a moment.
Kinda be nice if flipper hold pause/achievement menu would not auto progress so an ol fart like me can read wtf is going on before it jumps to next page, lol.

Keith really improved the info page on the Hobbit after a long time , hopefully he'll get around to doing this on GNR .

#17180 2 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

I know it was discussed before, My shooter rod tension is really weak, any advice on someone who dialed it in?

You can try stretching it out , otherwise get a stronger spring .

#17185 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is a post from dr.light /JJP on a discussion on the another thread. I didn't know this info and I want my GnR to be playable for many decades... So thought it was very valuable & wanted to just post the info here for everyone in case you may have had the similar concerns and/or didn't know.
Here's a link to the start of it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-is-jjp-still-making-games-with-faulty-playfields/page/48#post-6587362

How do you post a post from one thread to another .

#17234 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Hahahahaha lol Screamā€¦ that was painful(still is) but the laughter wins

That was a bit mean
I thought id better get in some trash talking now , in case I can't later on

#17237 2 years ago

At last

IMG_20211107_001503 (resized).jpgIMG_20211107_001503 (resized).jpg
#17242 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Aha! Nice! November Rain for sure!
I got my notice 2 days ago mine is doing from JJP so We may get ours around the same time!

Thanks mate
I'll be sure to let you know the serial number and date ordered

#17309 2 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Got the same email, canā€™t waitā€¦

Great to hear , looks like yours will have a few more k's to go .

#17310 2 years ago

The little guitar showed up , I didn't realise " some assembly required "

IMG20211105175957 (resized).jpgIMG20211105175957 (resized).jpg
#17333 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Universe is trying to speak to you.
thisisnotadollshouse......

#17365 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Actually goes to Welcome to the jungle and Paradise Cityā€¦ (Or at least used to be in color when collected like the train for Night Train, or condom for Rocket Queen) but thereā€™s no more revolver for me in the list of songs after collected.
I did the experiment just tonight and played with 3 balls instead of 5ā€¦ and because of that I yelled the strongest f-f-f-f-UUUCK!!! In my entire life, so I returned back to 5 balls ā€¦ (that score was 240,000 for the whole game so it was the last time doing that experiment ā€¦ Period )

I've got a feeling we're going to be in the same division Rolls , competition will be tight

#17420 2 years ago

ā€¦and boom
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work Chukka

#17426 2 years ago

Iā€™m guessing spraying it with soap & water/glass cleaner keeps it sticky longer?

IMG_20211110_222006 (resized).jpgIMG_20211110_222006 (resized).jpg
#17473 2 years ago

Says 17g when you order but theyā€™re actually 20 once you get them magic
[quoted image]

I hope so , I took down to the link to where I got mine , didn't want to give anyone incorrect information .
I was on a EMAX website , put in the model number and there was no 20g option , weird .

#17476 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

RE Emax servos:
As long as the specs and voltages are correct it wonā€™t make a difference if theyā€™re 17 grams or 20 grams. These servos are labeled this way for model airplane builders worried about how heavy the parts are. This pinball machine is never gonna fly.

I was hoping that was the case , thanks for the confirmation .

#17514 2 years ago

You need one of these Chaka , I know how you love posting pictures of Jack's face and now you could get to sit on it

IMG_20211112_195052 (resized).jpgIMG_20211112_195052 (resized).jpg
#17515 2 years ago

Paid the balance of my game today , and saw it for the first time in a year .
The game looks better than I remember it .
The searchlight effect at the beginning of the game is so cool .
He had a newer game there with the Playfield fixes and it looked perfect .
Finally got to see the rock topper today (but not turned on) it looked a lot better than I thought it did in the pictures .
With only 200 being made and they work on Stern games , I think they will sell out .
It's getting really close now , can't wait .

IMG20211112125814 (resized).jpgIMG20211112125814 (resized).jpg
#17573 2 years ago

Are the Spotlight brackets just breaking on the old models , my distributor showed me how they've upgraded the new ones with a better design .

#17575 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I have a very recent build and the arms on the bracket on the left that the servo mounts to were still very flimsy and broke within a month (or they were broken from the factory, and I didn't find out until a servo quit and I took it apart).

That's no good , so ideally you should try to reinforce them from new ?

#17577 2 years ago

Once I get mine , I'll be able to see what's going on . If it breaks i'll see if I can make what's needed out of aluminium at work .

#17578 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Okay so who lives in the USA, has the time, has skills with and owns a 3D printer and is willing to do this to make some money And help the community? These are worth a hundred bucks a kit.
These are needed item in the states and apparently they're only available in Germany. Based on the fact they're freely available on thingy universe, this seems like something someone here in the USA might be interested in doing? But I don't know anything about 3D printing or how involved this really is.

Try here .
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby

#17701 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Just had the email a few days ago, apparently arriving last week of November, getting excited now! Been reading this thread for months, stocked up on mods and fixes.

Great to hear you'll be in the club .
It's been a while for a lot of us down under , it looks as though they're finally catching up now .
Also excellent to see a few GNR's going to the Apple Isle .

#17702 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:It's finally delivered!
Serial 2421
License plate 2406
Born 11/21
Firmware 1.23
Record spinner album Sticker AFD
now I'm working on figuring out how to do stuff.... Lol. I wish Yoda was here.
It's so simple and easy when you're just on the forum.It's a lot more confusing in real life. Lol

Date ordered / distro or direct
Nice set up .
Hell of a first pin.

#17722 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I was surprised, more like shocked, how tiny the black plastic washers really are. To me they're barely noticeable..I've only seen pictures on this forum which make them look huge!
Someday when I am ready to do I'll probably replace them with the clears that I have in my bulletproofing kit but right now I just want to play it and have some higher priority and more daunting items to install like the pinwoofer and pinmonks fans.. That's my first pinball machine so I'm building confidence as I go..
And if the ball drops in the fog hole (?) In upper play field, does it always pop up to the bass ramp every time or does something else need to happen?
Oh and for hawkmoon77 here's a couple pics [quoted image][quoted image]

I thought the same thing , originally I was like I don't want those black washers , but when I saw them , it looked as though they were meant to be there .

#17759 2 years ago

https://emaxmodel.com/products/emax-es3054-17g-3-5kg-0-13sec-23t-metal-gear-digital-servo-for-rc-airplane-es3154-upgrade
Emax servos came today .
Might as well go to the maker , and they are by far the cheapest I can find .
And like someone else said 17 G's and 20 G's are the same .

IMG20211120225101 (resized).jpgIMG20211120225101 (resized).jpg
#17760 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You fucking people.
Box counters.
Apologists.

#17768 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I am skeptical that the Emax are that much better.
With me, an Emax has said goodbye after 2 weeks.
I have now installed in the mix, Emax for right / left, the cheap HK for up / down. Will report.

I can't say if they're good or not , just that some people said they wouldn't work .

#17820 2 years ago

GNR 2258 is in the house
The game is magnificent .
The game works 100% out of the box .
It came with a European power cord and I couldn't find the remote control
Can't recommend Paul enough at Pinball sales Australia . He made everything so easy and you know you can buy with confidence .
The Playfield has the new fixes and looks perfect .
Still have to add cliffy's , mirror blades , pin woofer , ect .
The wife loves it and has the second highest score
I have no idea what I'm doing and that left ramp is harder to hit than it looks .
Rolls-Royce , Chaka and others , I need a little bit more practice before I start issuing challenges
And Fish Tales finally has a friend again .
BTW what patch do you need for patience
Almost a year to the day , well worth the wait

IMG_20211123_215814 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_215814 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_215132 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_215132 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_215902 (resized).jpgIMG_20211123_215902 (resized).jpg
#17841 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

This one mate, go for it! Amazing song while playing
[quoted image]

Thanks Rolls you're the best .
I've been enjoying November Rain I really like the light show .
I'm no singer but this game needs a karaoke mode , so you can belt out a few songs after a couple of beers .

#17844 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

You should make it up to mine for xmas lunch. I've been roped into karaoke again. Just don't sing anything out of Frozen or you'll make a little girl cry.
[quoted image]

Lol , the way I sing , I'll make everyone cry

#17848 2 years ago

Congrats old son, I pick ours up this Friday, canā€™t wait. Enjoyā€¦

Thanks Freddy .
I'm sure you'll love it , the game is so much fun .
Just have to work out what all the patches do.

#17850 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congrats mate! I do not want to get too excited but I think our game was on the same ship. Hopefully we will have ours soon as well.

Yep , I saw yours there , looking good

#17852 2 years ago

Did they say when was it getting picked up?

Not sure about that , hopefully it's not too bumpy on a long ride .

#17880 2 years ago

Have you bolted these on the game yet? Are they a direct bolt on replacement? One of my servos finally failed and I want direct easy replacement. Thanks!!

Not yet ( touch wood )
Only had the game a couple of days and thankfully they're still working .
My distributor said they're easy to do , hopefully I don't find out if they are or not

IMG_20211124_203221 (resized).jpgIMG_20211124_203221 (resized).jpg
#17896 2 years ago
Quoted from Baba_Booey:

Did JJP finally change manufacturer of there playfields I just rec my game today 11/25/21 and it looks like the Mirco logo is gone and replaced with this
[quoted image]

No that's Mirco , just so you know you've got a quality Playfield

Welcome to the club .

#17899 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is it normal that I have to short the power between the 3rd and 4th pins on the backbox connector to get my machine to turn on? It needed that right out of the box and I'm doing that at least once a month because my machine doesn't fire up

Call Paul

#17963 2 years ago

I picked up 2251 from the distributor yesterday. Got it home out of the box went to connect the power and noodles at JJP have put an American power cord in the money box. Fuck, I said. Thank goodness I have Houdini which has the same plug. So managed to kick her up and all I can say is FFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRKKKKKKK. What a machine..Now I really know what you guys have been talking about. Magic game. And a huge shout out to ANTRAC Transport for getting it hereā€¦.

Nice one Freddy
Mine had a European cord in it , luckily I was at Paul's , so he had spare Aussie ones .
I played mine for about 5 hours straight last night , it played great , no problem hitting any of the shots . I'm getting a lot better at the shots but my score wasn't improving , a lot to learn about the code .
The only thing that did happened was the ball would occasionally get stuck from the ramp diverter but after a few seconds it would lift and release the ball .

#17964 2 years ago

Also a shout out to Mr_Tantrum
I love these Flipper toppers , when they catch the light the green looks like it glows , one of the best things I've brought for the game yet so simple .

IMG20211127233654 (resized).jpgIMG20211127233654 (resized).jpgIMG20211127234125 (resized).jpgIMG20211127234125 (resized).jpg
#17966 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

10 days in on mine and this sums it up for me too... Great game play, no worries, it's so much fun I almost don't care... Almost.
So far, I had my lower right sling rubber snap in the middle of estranged multiball . That ended my game tapping balls in the rubber. Noticed the lower right sling was almost torn through... Less than 50 plays.
Switched out Titans and did flippers at the same time.
Yesterday, noticed the trigger wire for the upper playfield ramp was out of it's hole and lying in the ramp. Easy fix of course.
Since I had the ball saver on my pop bumper post, no stick balls, until yesterday.. and it happened 3 times a ball softly rolled at just the right speed and angle into it's parking spot against the saver and bumper. While I looked in amazement at it the first time, the ball rescue popped it off and then I easily nudged the other two off... I've got the short end of the ball saver closest to the bumper. I think that's the right orientation. But this experience got me thinking wondering if it should have been the long end of the ball saver toward the bumper. However that seems like it would actually touch the pot bumper and that might not be correct.
Oh one more question Don't know if anybody's experienced this, but when I installed the pinwoofer tweeters. Something changed in the panel where the license plate sits. Because when I tightened the torx t20 screws holding it on, The left side translite wouldn't go back up in the slot anymore. I had to loosen that screw so that it would fit up into the slot. I did not have this problem with the right screw. I was curious if anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if the depth of the tweeter is less than the stock tweeter. Or maybe I have something else going on.

How tricky was installing the Pinwoofer

#17969 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:Hey man, where did you get that apron GnR emblem?

I brought a belt buckle off eBay , ground down the back of it , and put super strong , super-slim magnets behind it .
I felt the middle of the apron looked a bit empty .
I got a couple because I wasn't sure which color would be best , so I put the other one on the coin door .

IMG20211128001908 (resized).jpgIMG20211128001908 (resized).jpgIMG20211128001921 (resized).jpgIMG20211128001921 (resized).jpgIMG20211128002833 (resized).jpgIMG20211128002833 (resized).jpg
#17971 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Well done you, looks fab

They're a lot better than the shitty keyrings I've brought . Except one which matches my record and it's the real deal , I just have to make a bracket for it , this other one was $0.02 so it's hard to complain about that

IMG_20211128_004820 (resized).jpgIMG_20211128_004820 (resized).jpgIMG20211128004953 (resized).jpgIMG20211128004953 (resized).jpg

IMG_20211128_010213 (resized).jpgIMG_20211128_010213 (resized).jpg
#17973 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

We have a forum member in UK who makes nice little plaques to fill the coin door slot.
He does them for a good selection of pins.

Looks good .
Was he on the Pinball chinwag while ago ?
I want to organise something similar for the lockdown bar .

#17975 2 years ago

While I'm playing now , the ball just got stuck after plunge , I had a look and the nut from the top of the right sling made it's way up to the exit area of the plunge , weird .

IMG20211128012827 (resized).jpgIMG20211128012827 (resized).jpgIMG20211128012820 (resized).jpgIMG20211128012820 (resized).jpg
#17976 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

You have to center the servos themselves before bolting them into the assemblies. Hook up a new servo (before installing it into the assembly) and turn the power on the the game - the servo will now be centered. Turn the power off again and do all the mechanical stuff to install the servo into the assembly, making sure the assembly is on center in the axis you're installing the servo for.

Are you the thirst for carnage champ ?
I thought the name look familiar .

IMG20211128022940 (resized).jpgIMG20211128022940 (resized).jpg
#17977 2 years ago

The longer I play , the more it Auto plunges , it will now say SKILL SHOT and then plunge.

#17979 2 years ago

The thing is , it didn't happen for a while last night and tonight after a few hours it started to happen again .
In frobozz I trust

#18025 2 years ago

The top of it looks a bit dark , shouldn't it be lit up

#18042 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Janky mounting aside, that's a great price. Do that.

You have a reputation for making quality , well engineered products . ID rather pay more to you , than some janky thing off some guy on Facebook

#18044 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it falls into the "good enough" category.

I think GNR deserves better than falls into "good enough " category but I'm waiting on my rock topper and was hoping to stick the jjp topper on top but there will be alot of sad people out there

#18120 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

It arrived today, so good, yet to dial in.
Occasionally getting balls stuck under left return ramp

Congrats Kong .
Are you talking about the balls being stuck under the diverter on the left ramp .
I'm having the same issue .
If so , I'm assuming you loosen what ever bolt and raise it a bit , and then tighten back up .

#18184 2 years ago

OK I've finally got my game to connect to scorbit .
I would play a game but the score would not "submit"
So , I finally played a 4 player game and my score did count .
Ra77 and lowball , I've accepted your changles .
But you will flog me .
My best is 3.5 million , I get fog , pyro , tour and other multi balls before I start , and then I play the song , get apluase and encore with 5 balls locked and I still get such a shit score .
I played coma for the first time tonight .
I'm glad it's not like there's no place like home on woz .
I will eventually figure this game out it's a keeper .

#18197 2 years ago

My little TV has gone blank , any ideas what I should check .

IMG20211203232429 (resized).jpgIMG20211203232429 (resized).jpgIMG20211203232438 (resized).jpgIMG20211203232438 (resized).jpg
#18200 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I had a similar issue. Check to see the ribbon cable behind back wall of playfield is squarely seated.
See this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/292#post-6479416

Thanks heaps RTS.
We're back up and running
I was afraid I would have to take that back cover off , I had tried pushing in every other cable .
It was scary having the Playfield overhanging the front and resting on a stool and I also had to put a piece of wood under the service rails so it wouldn't fall back into the cabinet .
I'm so glad I got cabinet protectors .

IMG20211204012944 (resized).jpgIMG20211204012944 (resized).jpgIMG20211204012951 (resized).jpgIMG20211204012951 (resized).jpg

#18216 2 years ago

I've been playing for a few hours tonight and I'm getting to know the game a lot better .
I've achieved a lot of scorbit achievements , but they mean nothing .
I don't feel like I've achieved anything .
Only a couple times I've noticed some writing on the top right hand corner of the screen , but when I look at my phone I see all these achievements .
If you could look at the list of achievements for your game , and pick one to go for , and then go for it , and get it , and then the game says " well done you've got it " , that would be so much better .
And all of a sudden your game has so many more modes , if you accidentally get an achievement while playing the game , it's not like it's a mode .
I know the guys at scorbit are always working on the code , so I'm sure they will come up with something more engaging .

Screenshot_2021-12-05-02-44-35-98 (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-12-05-02-44-35-98 (resized).png

#18217 2 years ago

I do like how if you're connected to scorebit , it says your username on the screen .

IMG20211205033235 (resized).jpgIMG20211205033235 (resized).jpg
#18224 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Indeed. Achievements at the end of a game may be better suited to display in the post-game screen on the app vs. the game, since it's hard to keep track outside the app in a meaningful way.
I think there are two immediate areas we're working on that may help. The first is post-game results that have a bit more use and can be revisited later.
The second is the machine tab view which will let you browse all the achievements and see what they require when they are game-specific.

I'm enjoying it , but I think things could be made a bit clearer .
For example , your machine is connected , it says it's waiting to start game , you start the game , you see your score going up but when you finish , your score doesn't count .
It doesn't tell you that you need to use the qr code in the top left corner of the screen in the app , and the top right of the screen on the game .

#18225 2 years ago

What album do you have to do to start , shall we play a game .

#18231 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

You actually don't need to use the QR code. Just tap the player number. Did the tool tip not function showing you when you first used the app?

I don't recall it saying to use any player number , maybe I missed it .
I would have assumed it was on this screen .

IMG_20211205_201924 (resized).jpgIMG_20211205_201924 (resized).jpg
#18238 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Should have my GnR LE coming at some point this month or maybe in January. In speaking with Jordan @ Next Level Pinball, he was saying that the new machines seem to be in pretty good shape with the earlier-run issues now resolved with washers and better posts. Is that the consensus or is there still work to do on a new machine before starting to rack up plays...
Thanks in advance!

Good question .
Australian distributor says he hasn't had any issues with the later build games , take that for what it's worth .
I didn't do anything , so far so good , Touchwood
I'm just keeping an eye on it like , vespula says .

#18241 2 years ago

Great feedback. How many games have you put on your machine so far? We still have not played ours as we have a bit too much going on. We always fit Cliffys and whatever other protection is needed before we plunge a ball.

About 60 , I have a little bit of Mylar lifting , which went over the top of a washer , I have to lift the washer and tuck it under .
I also have to put the cliffy's on .
Make sure the two screws on the shaft of the diverter are really tight and it's at its highest position , mine took a few hits to the Playfield but you can't see it so it's no big deal .
I asked Paul about the posts and washers , he said the last ones have been good and to save my money .

#18293 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I've had my LE for a couple months now. I was delighted that out of the box the scoop NEVER went SDTM. Now, however, after a few hundred plays, I find it going SDTM close to 50% of the time, which has amped up the frustration level. It would appear that a single washer under the mount on the left side is the recommended solution for this problem? I am just going to do that rather than to try and loosen up the top screws and move it to the left and retighten...

This started to happen to me last night , I had to put a tissue around the Tilt , so I could move the pin to try to save it .
I will try the washer method before I start going at the scoop with some pliers .
Foofighter knows his stuff , so if the washers don't work , I will try it his way .

IMG_20211208_225341 (resized).jpgIMG_20211208_225341 (resized).jpg
#18294 2 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

I did the belt buckle too.
Great accent piece IMHO. ($16 total)[quoted image]

Awesome , the picture doesn't do it justice

#18295 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey, sorry, it's definitely needing work to be more intuitive!
Step 1: Tap the big S logo on the bottom
Step 2: Tap the name of your venue (or the game if the list of machine is already there)
Step 3: Tap the name of the machine
The "Waiting to Start" is like attract mode. Once you hit the start button on the game, you should see the screen automatically change to player slots (i.e. Player 1, Player 2, etc.).
If you tap the word "Player 1," it changes to "You." Other people with the app see your name there. The game of course also!
Let me know if that makes sense.

Really appreciate the response , I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know .

#18308 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

Maybe you should go back to the JJP Guns N Roses thread.

He's already here

#18313 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Screamin's got the excuse that it's 7am for not getting the joke. Pinmonk not so much.

What am I missing
It's the end of the week for me and by now I'm not usually at my sharpest

#18317 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:Now the joke is definitely on me. Let me go back to the right thread. Sorry for the confusion.

Ha Ha

#18320 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just did this and works great, best 5 minute fix yet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I just did mine .
Problem sorted . Definitely the way to go about doing it.

#18321 2 years ago

While I had the glass off , I installed my Appetite for Destruction keyring .
I like how it matches my record .
Turned out great , really happy with the result .

IMG20211209194427 (resized).jpgIMG20211209194427 (resized).jpgScreenshot_2021-12-09-21-14-13-07 (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-12-09-21-14-13-07 (resized).pngIMG20211209213008 (resized).jpgIMG20211209213008 (resized).jpgIMG_20211209_213116 (resized).jpgIMG_20211209_213116 (resized).jpg
#18324 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

My pop bumper hang up fix has already broken, need a better fix for this
[quoted image]

I got lucky .
I don't get stuck balls there , I saw one once and it was during multiball but just got knocked out .

#18327 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

I am going to try a fat rubber over the post

You could even try cutting an eraser to shape . You just need something bendy and not hard that will crack .
I am slowly figuring out what to.do .
Even though I'm not getting big scores YET , I'm still enjoying it so much .

#18329 2 years ago

Is there a patch for the centre loop band member .
Took me a week or more to realised the little TV tells you what all the patches do

#18331 2 years ago

One thing that is really giving me the shits is , after about half an hour of play , the game will say " skill shot " and auto plunge , even turning it off and on didn't fix it , you have to re calibrate the sensors , manually .
I will have to see how long that lasts .
I recall Keith saying they had issues with the sensors with different lighting , for the record it's dark now and I haven't adjusted the lights

#18332 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Hey, sorry, it's definitely needing work to be more intuitive!
Step 1: Tap the big S logo on the bottom
Step 2: Tap the name of your venue (or the game if the list of machine is already there)
Step 3: Tap the name of the machine
The "Waiting to Start" is like attract mode. Once you hit the start button on the game, you should see the screen automatically change to player slots (i.e. Player 1, Player 2, etc.).
If you tap the word "Player 1," it changes to "You." Other people with the app see your name there. The game of course also!
Let me know if that makes sense.

That doesn't work for my game .
I don't know if it makes any difference , but I use my phone as a hotspot .
If I'm connected to scorebit , it will show my score but it will not let me put it up .
To get properly connected , I have to take a picture of the qr-code through the app .
Once I have done that , it will say the spot is claimed and I will be good to go .

IMG20211210004141 (resized).jpgIMG20211210004141 (resized).jpgIMG20211210004328 (resized).jpgIMG20211210004328 (resized).jpg
#18350 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

When you say this doesn't work for your game... what do you mean? What happens when you hit the S icon?
You should see your venue, then your game, then the Waiting to Start. Does that happen? What happens when you press Player 1?

Pressing the scorebit icon does everything you say .
Pressing player one does nothing . I'm using Android .

#18385 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Does anybody know actually what comes up if you turn on adult content, adult videos?
I switched it on and played a few games and few different songs and yeah I see some skeletons going at it but that's it...

I forget what song , but the other night I saw boobs in the crowd .

#18386 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:I forget what song , but the other night I saw boobs in the crowd .

Now I think about it , it was a hot night and I had my top off

#18387 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Can you please check your Account Menu > Settings > App Version, and let me know the version and build? Also what version of Android are you running?
One thing to try: Try a light, quick tap on the Player 1 button. If you tap too long, it thinks it's a long press which de-selects it.

Ok I got it sorted , I was pressing the top player one , instead of the bottom player one , now it says " you " and the spot is claimed .

IMG_20211211_225625 (resized).jpgIMG_20211211_225625 (resized).jpgIMG_20211211_225647 (resized).jpgIMG_20211211_225647 (resized).jpg
Edit - if I do the QR code , I don't have to press player one for every game .

#18388 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I just did mine .
Problem sorted . Definitely the way to go about doing it.

While I've been playing the game , I did notice the hood on the scoop did wobble .
I took the glass off and it was unbelievably loose , I tightened it back up with a Phillips head and it's all great now , the ball is hitting Just a Smidge above the middle of the left flipper .
In conclusion , the washers help , but your scoop is probably loose to begin with .

#18465 2 years ago

>You had Beatles issues?

Quoted from Skyemont:

Wow. Never knew. Stern threatened customers as well. Dang!

Despite what you read on pinside , JJP isn't the only manufacturer that can have poor customer service and Playfield issues .

#18493 2 years ago

From the pictures I've seen , it's meant to light up and looks really cool when it is .

IMG_20211215_214547 (resized).jpgIMG_20211215_214547 (resized).jpgIMG_20211215_214612 (resized).jpgIMG_20211215_214612 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

883 posts in this topic match your search for posts by screaminr. You are on page 2 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/2?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.