IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

372 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mattyk. You are on page 2 of 2.
#17732 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

While we're on the subject of the washers, this is interesting. While swapping out the clear washers that came with the pin on the slings, I noticed they are not flat on the bottom. Instead, they have a raised ring in the center and outer edge. Wonder if this was by design? I can't see any advantage and I would think they might make indentations (although I didn't see any).
As an FYI, I've been putting a clear PETG washer on pretty much every post on the pin (although the black ones really do look fine) and in only one case was there any pooling, and that post was not tightened down from the factory, so it was leaning slightly and digging in to the pf from the rubber pulling.[quoted image]

Ballsy move swapping those washers on the slings. It’s surprisingly the only posts that have had zero issues

#17903 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is it normal that I have to short the power between the 3rd and 4th pins on the backbox connector to get my machine to turn on? It needed that right out of the box and I'm doing that at least once a month because my machine doesn't fire up

Are you shutting the game off with the cab switch or by another means like a power strip?

#17981 2 years ago
Quoted from sushko:

I got the Emax servos and the gears are different sizes. Are you guys just doing the make it work method. As in just force fitting it. Including picture for reference.
[quoted image]

Plumbers tape around the servo gear

#17989 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don’t understand this.
I just screwed it in using the screw that came with the new servo.
I don’t understand the problem.

Some people this has not worked. The issue people are having is that the gear is slipping in the linkage. I’ve suggested plumbers tape and it’s worked for everyone that’s tried it. You must have got lucky

#17998 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's weird. If anything the gears on the EMAX ones I installed were on the snug side.

Gotcha. That must be the same for what Zaphx was referring to. I thought the posters issue was with the gear being too small. My mistake

#18034 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With more play time now, there is DEFINITELY something that can happen to TAKE AWAY progress on G-N-R lighting progression. I had one last night where I had G-N lit and just had to get R, the ball went over the amp inlane next to GNR and suddenly I had ZERO lit GNR on the patch I was going for. I couldn't believe it. I stopped the ball and cycled through to verify none lit at all, and there weren't. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature and I don't understand the rules enough yet, but do not like.

If the GN lights moved over to the amp lane and the ball rolled over the amp switch to complete the AMP lights, then you would lose those lights. Not sure if I explained that clearly but the lights move from one inlane to another with each flipper hit

#18109 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the Slash Solo as well as some of the other modes as Tear Down the Wall, Desert Race, even Tour Multi-ball seem to be a way to prevent a player from completing more songs and therefore a lower score. Today, I started by holding on the ball during Slash Solo and letting the timer run out. So far, a better score.

At this point I can’t think of a more frustrating thing than when I see Slash Solo start flashing. This mode must be made to stack with normal gameplay. It should also just start when ready. No need to hit scoop to activate it. We have to hit the scoop enough during normal gameplay

#18203 2 years ago

I felt this game wasn’t as sturdy as my Sterns. I took off the felt under the legs and it feels much more stable. Just figured I’d throw that out there in case anyone felt the same. Hopefully I don’t get any decal wrinkles. I doubt I will. I just realized I used the word felt multiple times here

#18213 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I say leave the felt - it's there to prevent damage to the radcals/side art.
If it feels wobbly (or squeaks when nudged) tighten a bit more.

Nah. Much better without the felt. It actually responds much better now with nudging. The decals should be the same quality as sterns so they should be fine. I’m done tip toeing around the game trying not to break it

#18234 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I honestly can’t tell if this rule set is so genius that it’ll keep revealing new layers of complexity or if it’s really kind of a hodgepodge of good ideas that players learn to manipulate with good shooting. If that makes sense.
Maybe those two things aren’t even mutually exclusive. It’s like the game doesn’t want you to rip the whole thing—you decide to go down this path or that one, and it’s basically impossible to do it all (album modes, concert playing) in one game. That sort of bothers me but I don’t think it’s a bad thing. It’s just different. I wonder if they tried to make the pin a journey with those two paths tied together and it was just too much. You know, you collect song time when you’re playing to get to the album modes, and obviously you could blow up song scores while going down that avenue. Slash solo comes up as an eventuality from just playing. Same with tour multiball, essentially. Conceptually, everything is in line to play the songs for score while doing album modes to reach NSFTD, but is any human really good enough to do it all?

I think there are a of couple major code updates needed to tie everything together. I think they can do it. Hopefully it won’t take two years…

#18330 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Thanks mate, I wasn't sure of what gauge washers to use. i used the smallest one I had and straight to the tip of the left flipper every time, I love you

The ball should be directed to the middle of the flipper. Your hood is likely off. Use a nut driver and loosen the 2 screws behind the hood and turn it to the left. Tighten back up and you should be good. No need to remove upper playfield. It’s easier with a nut driver than a screwdriver

#18342 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've done that 3 times in 350 plays and it keeps loosening up and shifting back. Funny how some games have no issues here, a friends game has not been touched and works perfect. Whoever came up with the washer idea deserves all the credit, seems to be the correct solution. With a small telescoping magnet to hold the washer in place, it's really less than 5 minutes to do.

I’ve had to retighten a few times as well. I think I used a tiny bit of blue thread lock and all has been well.

#18365 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yeah but I was mainly talking about the adult video setting.
There's a setting for global adult content yes/no...
Then under that there is 3 detail settings where you can customize the adult content, and one of them is songs, another one is call outs and then the third one is video. So you could turn on the 5 songs without turning on the call outs or the video.
I got the call outs is just language, but it was the video setting that I was most curious about....

I think there is video of axle giving the middle finger and some women grinding on a pole.

#18421 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got me absolutely fucked how anyone with half a brain would downvote someone for an honest opinion shared.

I downvoted him. It’s an owners thread not a product review. Owning it and stating your opinion is one thing. Trolling an owners group is another

#18485 2 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

What's a good score? I'm done playing at the end of 1 day owning the game and the best I could do was 4.5 million.

I’m mediocre at best. I have more scores under 5 mill than over. I am happy when I get over 12 mill

#18599 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm not to humble to admit I just figured out the upper playfield drain won't award G N R letter unless you select the GnR lane before it drains.. am I wrong?
Slowly learning.

A gnr letter will be awarded if the ball drains from upper pf. It doesn’t matter if any gnr lights are currently lit in the lane or not.

2 weeks later
#19041 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:Unless you have a problem , I don't know why people are changing them .
My mate came over and said your flippers don't look even , I said that's how it came . I backhand & forehand both ramps on standard power settings .

It drives me crazy when flippers are not even. If it came like that someone didn’t do their job at JJP

#19044 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Probably same guy that applies the coin door sticker.

Lol you made me go check mine!!

#19063 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, i must be from anywhere on earth except North America.
I don't know what prog is either.
Happy in my little aussie space, don't worry on my account.
You guys probably don't know Dave Warner, Ian Drury or The Sports. maybe you know the Angels, but prob's not the Radiators.
Sad goes both ways.

Americans don’t know who rush is either

#19078 2 years ago

The stock protector sucks. The wings will start lifting and disrupting ball flow. Plus the front is not protected and there is documented damage in this area. Not sure where the sudden worry is coming from regarding people having issues with the cliffy. I think only one guy had his break but he probably has 4,000 games played. Bottom line is cliffy makes a quality product and is an upgrade over stock every time on every game. Just need to make sure it is installed correctly

#19079 2 years ago

Not mine but here is an example of someone else’s damage. This would need to be filled and smoothed prior to installing a cliffy so the cliffy doesn’t dent into the chip over time and cause the ball to not roll smoothly over

F7AE7AAE-E4C8-43B3-BA11-11A1A973AB0E (resized).jpegF7AE7AAE-E4C8-43B3-BA11-11A1A973AB0E (resized).jpeg
#19111 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Hi everyone,
I’m hoping to receive the LE I ordered last April sometime soon and am trying to familiarize myself with the rules. Is there a listing of the different song objectives somewhere? I have tried watching all of the available tutorial videos out there but haven’t been able to piece this together yet. Played a few times on location, and it seemed like the songs I played asked for me to hit flashing yellow/red shots. I am colorblind, and so the shots were not very obvious with the surrounding amazing lightshow. Would love a listing of shots per song to target (e.g. “inner loop”, “left orbit”, “right ramp” for song X) but have not come across this. Curious if anyone has put something like this together.
Thanks in advance!

All the songs are basically the same. Hit whatever is flashing. There are two songs, November Rain and Out to Get Me that are frenzy’s where you can hit any switch. There are some call outs telling you what to hit

#19118 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Actually the songs are quite different from each other and each one makes you attack the playfield and combos differently. The only similarity between songs is band frenzy and power chord, even then those are situational pinball strategies.

Songs are basically all the same though. Yes one or two are based more on hitting the stand ups first and other shots second (Civil War), a couple are frenzy’s (November Rain) but basically it’s just hit one of the three or four flashing shots. It’s all multiball so even the slight nuances of each song get blended together as a result.

Maybe I am missing something. What is an example of how you would attack the playfield for (insert song)?

#19123 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just a few examples which isn’t 100% accurate.
My Michelle: 2 roving targets move clockwise to the tempo of the song.
Paradise City: pops light shots. Make a shot and it’s not valid again until you light it with pops.
MR brownstone: main shots lit, make 2 or 3 then center spinner lights.
Coma: 5? Main shots lit, make one shot the. All out except the coma shot
Out ta get me: left side of playfield is lit. As song progresses the shots move to the right playfield.
Sweet child o mine: I believe this one alternates from loops to ramps
You could be mine: only one shot is lit, once you progress to the next wave, the one shot moves.
Civil war: inner loop always lit + one other shot
Estranged: targets for the most part + Ramps alternate from time to time.
Welcome to the jungle: this seems has the most variety in what shots are lit depending how far along you make it in the waves.
It’s so easy: frenzy + shots
November rain: switch frenzy
I’m sure I’m missing some details. Not the type to write it all down but with 1500+ plays and a year of ownership, as soon as a song starts my memory kicks in on The shots pattern for a particular song.

Holy shit you either stayed up late studying or you found the cliffs notes

#19130 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I think his point was "hit the flashing lights". With the exception of November Rain and Out Ta Get Me, which are all switches.
All songs play different. Some move targets, some rotate targets, some are static and always the same. Some songs eliminy targets as you hit them.
Welcome to the Jungle is one of the easiest. As is Rain and Out Ta Get Me.
Good luck. Best way to learn it is to play it. And playing it is fun so you'll be grand champ in no time!
Enjoy!

Yeah that was pretty much my point. If the songs were all played in single ball the strategy would be much more pronounced. I actually think the game would be better if some songs limited you on how many balls can be in play, but that’s not how the game is set up.

Being that it’s so multi ball heavy there is always multiple shots lit to go for and the differences in light progression between songs isn’t something that stands out or really matters all that much, at least on most songs. It’s very rare to get boo’d off stage. You can usually stumble your way through the songs. The tougher songs are when you have to focus more on the stand ups. High scores come down to hitting jackpots in booster multi balls to raise song value, patch selection (fender is a must) and getting to band frenzy.

I’ve found that while in songs I am focusing on (1) aiming for active band members to get band frenzy and (2) aiming for left ramp/upper pf to get a power chord and add a ball (while cleaning up playfield). The rest of the shots to progress through the song fall into play. My scoring average has improved since doing this. Now I have to get my song values up

#19171 2 years ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

This little guy is awesome! I've been a bit challenged to keep mine from falling over (trying different tapes), but it fits perfectly back there

You can try some museum putty

#19183 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't like museum putty in pins. The ambient heat that builds up can make them into a creeping blob that can move and drip over edges, and then cleanup becomes a sticky mess. Use 3M extreme tape and be done with it.

That’s good to know thanks

#19234 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Arite imma gonna say how I feel about this game and keep in mind I have 8. If you count KISS 79. I love the art o. Gnr I love the lights I love it all. But trying to get high scores feels like a chore. I have to get certain patches and need to trigger the 4 multiballs and do well on those or else my getting into a song is worthless. I do not enjoy that. My opinion. I have more fun playing Led Zep. Fun. So....maybe some code changes would help but I have 6 other pinball machnes that are more fun. It feels too much like work.

I would think to yourself what your average score is and add 10 million. That is what your goal should be. Then adjust from there as your average scores get better. You can’t step up and think you will get 50 million. I have a lot more games under 5 million than over. When in a low scoring song make it your goal to cash out with the extra ball light lit. I usually choose an easier song when I know my song value is low. And always start with the Fender Patch

Just my 2 cents. GNR is a different kind of beast.

#19245 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Definitely not the right outlane, or the left. I've got a feeling there just isn't a shot for it? It works well because it's basically like a ball save - or an extra ball if you're under ball save.

I don’t think the special is coded yet. There is a patch that should light special and it never does. I’m pretty sure it’s the insert in the right outlane. Never lights

#19277 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Is that center spinner pick patch something you have to earn before it appears in the patch selections? How does it appear?
What I'm talking about is the JJP GnR bats logo, definitely not a pinball machine so it can't be the pinball patch. Plus there was no way I collected all patches... . But the patch I'm telling about also not there anymore because I checked. I didn't realize there were multiple patches that were hidden.
This was the patch
[quoted image]

This patch only appears after you collect a certain number of patches. It is supposed to light special. It doesn’t work. Special is not coded in

#19285 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

What triggers that Axl magnet to activate?

When Axl is not yet collected as far as I know

#19288 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Wait, so I might have a bum magnet then. I thought it was just coded to never really activate with the last update, but I can’t remember the last time mine caught a ball at all. So if Axl isn’t collected, and I shoot it through the loop, it should be on?

If it works in the test that means it’s working properly. I know that if you collect the Rose Patch (I think that is the one for Axl being spotted the rest of game) the magnet will never activate unless Axl is needed for band frenzy. Makes extra balls extra hard to collect

#19412 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePhysicsGuy:

Greetings All - Joining the GnR club in a few hours... question: Does a list exist yet of "Things to check on/watch out for" on a new GnR?
Examples:
-The upper magnet tends to overheat and trip the thermal fuse (contacting coil)
-The flippers typically could use some cooling
-Most (or all?) of the posts could use plastic washers as pooling --> chipping has been seen
-The spotlights are common failure points (sagging) (where is the failure point? pivots?)
-I've heard the center screw on the record sometimes loosens and becomes uneven....and its under a sticker
-The guitar lock screws can come out
Anyone got a list like this?
Also, what is this I hear about a $500 backup playfield/insurance?
Forgive me if I missed this in the threads - I did check before posting. ^_^ Thanks y'all.

I think the newer games have many issues sorted out. You need pinmonk’s flipper cooling fans. That is a must. The $500 is for a new unpopulated playfield once the run of games is over. It’s not insurance. To me it’s expensive wall art unless you can swap a playfield. Not many are confident enough to do this

#19436 2 years ago

I don’t typically fist pump when I play pinball, but I’ve noticed when I do it’s always on Guns N’ Roses

#19443 2 years ago

All the games I’ve ever owned were pretty much progression based. It’s nice to have a game that scoring is the number one priority. And what’s best is the shitty games are over quick. It sucks playing for 15-20 minutes and accomplish nothing

#19474 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

They should change the way ball locks work too. The booster multiballs can reduce your max number of possible ball locks.

What do you mean by this? I never thought this was the case. When in a booster multiball the locks are virtual as the guitar releases them as they are shot up there. At least that’s what I thought?

#19479 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

You'll notice it will start the song before you fully load the lock if you locked some booster multiballs us there, even if it released them. It seems to count them against your max lock total.

Ok gotcha I think I misunderstood your original comment.

#19480 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

On this vein, dont the 6 lights on the guitar light/sensors indicate how many virtual locks you do have when the balls are released so you can keep track?

I think you are right. I always look at the revolver by the flippers to keep track of locked balls. I’ll have to pay attention to the guitar next time

#19483 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You're a funny person. Are you fairly new to playing/collecting? I'm not. I'm 60 and started playing in my teens and started collecting @ 40. I'm glad you are enjoying yourself...it's very clear that you love the game. I've had love/hate relationships with games, and GNR is definitely in this category for me. Sorry, but I think the scoring sucks. Love the concept of a song jackpot, just think that it's better implemented on AC/DC. 10-15 minutes games and no points just make no sense to me, but I realize someone in your position will rationalize the scoring as deep/brilliant in some way. I'm glad you love your game!

I LOVE the AC/DC song jackpot (though I rarely crank it up and cash it in on a regular basis). Even without cashing it in, I find I can get respectable scores and not feel like WTF? With GNR, a majority of my "good" games result in very low scores. Just weird.
No doubt that GNR is unique and offers a new/fresh experience. My hope is that I end up liking it as a game, not just an experience.

You may want to shift your focus on maxing out booster multi balls instead of playing songs. If you can get them maxed out, coupled with the fender, duff skull and Vater patches, your scores will be much higher on average. Try that for a while and see if it helps. If you are bricking a lot of left ramp shots you may need to tweak your flipper angles. I lowered mine a bit and it helped greatly

#19570 2 years ago

Delete

#19746 2 years ago

So all of a sudden all switches in the J201-4 Drive 4 column stopped working. I reseated the blue cable on both ends of it but still not working. Any suggestions?567DC44A-3FBC-4CCA-9B13-A6EFE48BCBFB (resized).jpeg567DC44A-3FBC-4CCA-9B13-A6EFE48BCBFB (resized).jpeg567DC44A-3FBC-4CCA-9B13-A6EFE48BCBFB (resized).jpeg567DC44A-3FBC-4CCA-9B13-A6EFE48BCBFB (resized).jpeg

50418509-418C-48A3-9CEA-85EF93D8EAEA (resized).jpeg50418509-418C-48A3-9CEA-85EF93D8EAEA (resized).jpegD08E6FC5-FAE5-4154-A6F7-248D141D11F8 (resized).jpegD08E6FC5-FAE5-4154-A6F7-248D141D11F8 (resized).jpeg
#19748 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

So all of a sudden all switches in the J201-4 Drive 4 column stopped working. I reseated the blue cable on both ends of it but still not working. Any suggestions?[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Found it. Wire broke off the solder on one of the left ramp targets

#19798 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

This anything to worry about? (flipper looks and works fine)[quoted image]

You need to lift playfield and adjust that leaf switch. It should close when the flipper is engaged. It works best when it closes right when the flipper is fully engaged at its peak. They make leaf adjustment tools for these types of switches

#19919 2 years ago

Would it make sense to use a hole punch and take out the area of the decal covering the screw? Or would that look hideous?

#20020 2 years ago

I feel like the encores could be made into something bigger. I think they should start with a ball save or an add a ball from where you finished the previous song. Also if you hit applause jackpot and qualify to light extra ball the ledges ball should be lit. Otherwise I might just cash out before the applause jackpot

#20037 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Yeah. Lately I’ve been opening the door and kicking it up two or three notches when a song comes on and that is just silly.

Doesn’t the song volume increase automatically? Maybe this only happens if you have a certain song value and/or take the song it gives you? Maybe I’m losing my mind

1 week later
#20340 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think if you get the AXL rose patch it won't grab, maybe because you no longer would need the AXL lanes at that point?

This is correct. The magnet only grabs when you need Axl

#20350 2 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

They are just trolling us now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds like they should be testing those skill shot optos a bit more. The fact they have the balls to make a post like this is mind boggling given the number of issues these games have out of the box.

#20351 2 years ago

Installed my new shooter rod from ModFather. Looks great. This is the medium size. If I had it to do over I would have gotten the small, which is still larger than the stock.

16BA59D8-F398-4BB7-9701-1F26F4BA14BA (resized).jpeg16BA59D8-F398-4BB7-9701-1F26F4BA14BA (resized).jpeg53E84D7B-615E-40A2-9602-27F63314FBB3 (resized).jpeg53E84D7B-615E-40A2-9602-27F63314FBB3 (resized).jpeg
#20353 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

LE is shipping in the next week or so, and think I've got everything I need on order. Am I missing anything important from a proactive maintenance and spare part standpoint?
Here's what I have so far:
- Titan silicone rings, 1/4" larger than stock in most cases
- PinMonk fans
- PinMonk air ball shield
- Ball Baron carbon steel balls
- Emax ES3054 servos
- PETG washers
- Cliffy's
- Nylon washers for the leg bolts
I have a few cosmetic upgrades like art blades plus PinWoofer incoming, but mostly I want to get the machine up and running as quickly as possible with spare parts on hand for common problems like the servos.

Maybe just some extra flipper rubbers. They tend to wear out fast. I’d also grab a few extra coil stops and a dozen coil sleeves on your next order

#20426 2 years ago
Quoted from blkspiderman:

Quick Question: Our upper right flipper is weak when hitting a shot, connections underneath are all good, Any advise? Anyone else having that issue? Thx!

Clean the coil sleeve, make sure coil stops are tight, check EOS gap

#20518 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsNJeeps:

Fuck yeah! Slash in Portland about 10’ from us. [quoted image][quoted image]

Slash is amazing to watch. I saw him with Velvet Revolver. One of the best shows ever. They played a little STP and GNR

#20628 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:So I put washers on one side of the scoop VUK, but some of the ejects are going dangerously close to the tip of the left flipper.
Is it supposed to hit closer to the middle?
Also, what's the recommended pitch for this game? 6.5?

Use a nut driver and loosen the screws behind the scoop. Turn it left and tighten it up good. I’m at 6.8 pitch and am happy. Get a digital level.

Klein Tools 935DAG Digital Electronic Level and Angle Gauge, Measures 0 - 90 and 0 - 180 Degree Ranges, Measures and Sets Angles https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZWW3BW5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_743NMYTX8V8JXVPP571T

2 weeks later
#20802 2 years ago

I notice sometimes my Axl magnet doesn’t grab the ball and hold it as it passes through the orbit 100% of the time. Doesn’t matter if I’m playing game 1 or game 30.

Could it be that the balls are losing its magnetism? Not sure if that’s the right word. Magnet is always working to some degree.

#20825 2 years ago

If I were buying a used GNR I would expect to see PETG washers under posts. Any signs of pooling is gonna knock the price of your LE down to $8,500.

#20877 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:I strongly disagree. Those protectors keep the legs from chewing into your cabinet. If the game squeaks when nudged, tighten the nuts a little more.

Felt not needed. The legs do not come in to contact with decals because there are metal spacers already installed. There have been zero instances of people saying decals are getting ruined because of the legs. Isn’t your motto not to worry about damage and just play the game?

#20899 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Question for LE owners.
When your game boots up and is in attract mode, where are the spotlights pointing?
Is it consistent each time?
My left one is pointing down. My right one is pointing up.
I am running 1.25 code
BTW, during diagnostics tests, they dont follow the prompts. I am attributing this to the fact that they are NOT centered at the beginning of the test.[quoted image]

When you start a game do the spotlights move to center?

#20909 2 years ago
Quoted from lemmings418:

Here is the latest info on the journey to fix the spotlights.
- All servo connections verified to be seated properly.
- No servo arms broken.
- No part of the arms are catching so I did not cut anything as per earlier issues.
What I found interesting was this:
When EVERY test on the left spotlight is done, I hear a noise coming from the right spotlight. Like a high pitched whine.
When I test the right spotlight, ONLY the following tests make the noise:
- top left to top right
- top right to bottom right
- top left to center
Servo now suspect?
Working with JJP tech support. But with work, each iteration is 24 hours.

Get a servo tester kit. You can just unplug the servos from the game at the connector and use the tester to see if the servo is working

Barnabas Robotics Servo Motor Tester Kit | 180 Degree 9g Servo Motor + RC Servo Tester Controller + 6V Battery Holder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08K7SVXRZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JZWAER3ZEB9BW39MAGP4

#20922 2 years ago

Not sure why the cliffy is raising up as long as the playfield is not damaged. Maybe the “tab” where it clicks in on the front of the cliffy got misaligned?

The original protector had some double sided adhesive strip. I used what was leftover when I installed my cliffy. Maybe pull the cliffy if it’s in good shape and not bent and apply a 3m strip

#20954 2 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Haven't rolled ball one down playfield on new LE and noticed mylar coming off of drum sticks. Has anyone tried removing and coating sticks with a polyurethane?

I bought a sheet of Mylar and re-wrapped the drumsticks. It’s a pretty simple job. Just remove them and wrap.

#20979 2 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Just joined the club with LE #3639
Love the game so far but need to fix one issue. The left ramp entry micro switch part # 18-003003-00 had the metal tab break off it so it doesn't register.
What is the easiest way to order these? Do you need to get it through JJP?
Thanks!
Walt

Did the switch arm break or can you bend it back and reattach?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#21114 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are you calling the rose patch the Axl patch?
Also if you spot Axl I think this also stops the magnet same as if you get the rose patch, just not the whole game like rose.

This is correct

3 weeks later
#21425 1 year ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:Does anyone know exactly what activates the AXL magnet? How do you know when it is active?
Thanks

Active when Axl isn’t collected

#21452 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Ball from scoop was center draining… added 1 washer to each of the two left screws. Hits the tip of the left flipper.
Should i add another washer to each screw to get it to shoot more left?
I have tried multiple power adjustments to that coil… doesnt help.

Make sure the hood is pointing as far to the left it can go

#21514 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Yeah, I’ll have to check the level again on it. I went a 6.5 pitch on it, sound right? The ball hasn’t looked off in general while playing, but I’ll check. It’s interesting yours goes to the right flipper, because I have to save it with the left! In fact, the only time I don’t have to save it is when there’s enough momentum for it to hit further into the left flipper and I let it dead bounce to, and immediately flip with the right!

Does the ball hit the top of the right sling before going sdtm? I’ve got my pitch around 6.8 and after checking side to side level my plunge almost always goes directly to the right flipper

#21519 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:Well, it wasn’t bad, but there was a small adjustment. I still have to fight it because sometimes I can now barely tap it with the right flipper when it is up. Still, it regularly clears it all together, but I have a better shot at slap saving it. It’s most frustrating when a multi ball gets going (which is a lot) because a lot of them just drain through. Could the metal guide be bent on the right side where it comes out?

I bet if you increase pitch it will fix this. Try turning each rear leg leveler a little at a time and see if the ball starts dropping on the right flipper.

#21558 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

What flipper alignment do people have on their machines? This is how mine came. They seem a bit high to me but maybe they are meant to be??
[quoted image]

I dropped mine a bit. To the point where the right flipper points to the skeletons top knuckle. It will be more difficult to backhand the ramp but I hit the left ramp a lot easier.

3 weeks later
#21795 1 year ago

Did you try reseating the connector in the backbox? It’s the vga looking one next to the main monitor hdmi

1 week later
#21957 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Idea... instead of removing the head, simply remove it from the (2) head folding brackets. Then carefully rotate the head 90 degrees and take it thru doorway. I'm suggesting this be a 2 person project. Then reinstall the head back onto the brackets.
Kerry

I tried this once with a system 11. It was the scariest moments of my life. I ended up just unplugging connectors and removed the head. Not sure if it can be done on a JJP. But Christ that head was heavy and it was awkward. I also had to go down one step while going through doorway. I guess if I could slide it through on furniture pads it would have been easier.

2 weeks later
#22162 1 year ago

There’s also bugs when making changes to some of the settings. Can’t remember which ones but I played with some and it caused unrelated consequences.

I’d also like him to “calm down” the spotlights during the encore into. They go crazy and I cringe everyone it happens as I’m sure it adds stress to the fragile servos

#22164 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Those servos aren't that fragile, once upgraded. I haven't had a failure since doing it, TBH.
Remember these things are remote control servos, used for steering cars, planes, drones and so on.
They get a lot more "abuse" in those environments than moving around in the pin.

They are quite fragile. I’ve replaced many times including an Emax

#22174 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:Fair point for sure. Also the moving contact points, arms/hinges all come lubricated from factory and during swap they become unlubricated. Super Lube up!

Yeah I’ve added additional grease to the linkage to make them operate smoother. Since the last code update issues with servos haven’t been as widespread as they corrected some issues.

1 week later
#22276 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Just wondering how everyone's left orbit feeds. On my machine the ball was hitting the top of the left sling so I adjusted the rail and now the ball goes sdtm unless I hold up the left flipper than I can catch it just barely. I cannot get the machine adjusted to where I don't have to flip when coming down the left orbit (frustrating). Wondering how other machine fed and if anyone had any tips for me.

I find the left and right ball guides need adjusting somewhat often to keep the ball from nicking the top of the slings.

I can’t get it so the ball comes around and consistently hits the tip of a flipper though. It would go SDTM unless you flipped.

I use some needle nose pliers to adjust the ends of the guides to my liking.

2 weeks later
#22454 1 year ago

Stern just released code updates for almost every game the past 5 years. Where are you JJP?

1 week later
#22534 1 year ago

Keefer just said this on the beta thread

“ Afaik beta and release gnr are the same at this time, though that is likely to change very soon.”

Sounds like a code update coming…at some point anyway

#22591 1 year ago

You’re really missing half the game without the upper playfield

1 month later
#22879 1 year ago

Stern running circles around JJP when it comes to code updates

2 weeks later
#22985 1 year ago

Rumor that a code update coming next week. Hoping for something big

#23033 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Should there be a code update, I have a suggestion that I think may be well received. I'm sharing here to see what others think. The code change would be relatively simple and boost the risk/reward elements and allow the player to decide how multiball heavy they want their songs:
1. During a song, when the lit green center scoop shot is successfully made, rather than adding a multiball right away, the player would have 5 seconds to press and hold the action button
2a. Choosing to press-hold the action button would give a 5-10 second ball save, and BOOST the song level by and extra +10 (or +10%), or another suitable amount BUT not add a multiball.
2b. Choosing to not press-hold the button within 5 seconds would have the game add another ball for to the multiball.
Note, when there is one ball left, it would be similar, but quick pressing (but not holding) would collect the jackpot.
This allows the player to risk boosting the value of the jackpot with a higher song level OR play it safe and add more balls to play. What do others think?
Please thumb up if you like it, thumb down if you don't.

I actually really like this. A lot

#23034 1 year ago

I would love a code update to introduce another mode when you hit all standup 1x or 2x. As it is now I can care less what album sales go up by.

Sucked that we are at 1.2x or whatever it is and wanting more depth. Or maybe it’s just me. The game is very good but has so much potential

#23045 1 year ago
Quoted from andrewket:

JJP just reached out to see if I still want a replacement/spare CE playfield and I’m torn. I put myself on the waitlist over a year ago. Maybe two?
Main Playfield = $499.00 each
Upper Playfield = $119.00 each
Total = $618.00 each set plus shipping
They have the main playfield in stock. Upper by the end of the year.
My playfield has been holding up reasonably well. I would not do a PF swap in its current state. Way too much effort. But I’m toying with the idea of storing the spare as insurance. I’ve never sold a pin with a spare PF before. Will buyers find value in that? I have no plans to sell it anytime soon. I’m curious what the collective wisdom of the forum thinks…

The value of this game is WAY down. If there isn’t a big time code update the LE is at best a $9,000 game used. I doubt anyone will pay you an extra $600 because you have an extra playfield. That is because 99% of people are not going to swap playfields. I think you are throwing good money after bad, for lack of a better term

2 weeks later
#23341 1 year ago

I’d like to see fog coded in so that if you hit it during the song it adds 10 to the song value. Maybe limit it to 1-3 times allowed per song. That way you have another shot to strategize for in the upper playfield rather than just trying to lock balls

#23414 1 year ago

SE blows. LE is the better game. We all know that. Let’s move on. Now where is the F’n code update!!!

#23451 1 year ago

I’d use a magnet to get those shavings

1 month later
#23787 1 year ago
Quoted from HornerSyndrome:

if you hit a clean left loop shot and then hold the right upper flipper does your ball consistently hit the coma target? Mine used to do this and now it hits just below it. I tried adjusting the flipper alignment but if I raise it up enough to hit the target then the ball hits the flipper tip even at rest and deflects it SDTM. I did move my machine and re-level it but seems like that slight a change wouldn’t effect the ball path that much on a fast shot but I’m not sure. Any ideas as I like the easiest hit on the coma target with the clean left loop shot? Thanks!

When the ball comes around the orbit, without raising upper flipper, does it hit the right slingshot or land on lower right flipper?

If it hits your slingshot try bending that ball guide exit near the upper flipper. This is just a thought, not sure if it will correct your issue.

Another idea is check your pitch. Maybe you are too steep

#23810 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

To rub salt into the wounds I have to pay for a part that was flawed to begin with and then spend another day changing it out.
How do I know that it won't happen again ?
Pretty piss poor form from JJP if you ask me.

It’s deja vu with the original light boards on WOZ. They make you pay $1k for the 2.0 light boards and you have to spend a weekend installing them. These playfields should be sent to the customers for free. It’s JJPs job to recoup the loss from Mirco

3 weeks later
#23976 1 year ago

I agree on the LE. The SE is missing half the game.

#24002 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

It's missing one flipper and one vuk.
Half the game? C'mon man.
The diverter to the U.P. is problematic and breaks. The sensors on the U.P. fail. And on the guitar neck as well.
The non playables, like the spotlights might as well not even be on the game. Not one game has had them working all the time.
My SE is missing a mini flipper and a vuk. Oh and missing that weird lock mech in the middle that has failing sensors. Definitely not half the game.
At least be honest about it

Missing half the game in that there is much more strategy. Lock a ball in the guitar, go for lights multi ball or let it drop down the hole for a gnr letter. Or even flip it into the upkicker for a chance at either the gnr or amp inlane. During a song you can lock balls for power chords, which lets out an add a ball when you succeed.

The rest of the game is start a booster multi ball or collect patches and then start a song and hit the flashing lights. So there really is a lot of strategy missing in just the upper playfield. It’s not a deep game to begin with. Yeah it’s got a ton of songs but it’s rinse and repeat.

Leading to the must have code update…

2 weeks later
#24191 1 year ago

Biggest issue with the game in my opinion: I can have what feel is a pretty good game and my score is under 10 million. Ten minutes later I can have the same game and score 50 million.

Sometimes it all depends on whether you stack the booster multi balls to have a better chance at hitting jackpots/raising song values.

I don’t have an answer but I think they need to rework how to increase song levels. And slash solo needs to be redone of course.

If the next code update is a stinker I bet the flood gates will open wider to how many of these hit the used market. I kinda think they boxed themselves in with the code and it’s gonna be hard to change things much. We’ll see

1 week later
#24276 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I have a collection of only 6 games, to include GnR LE, and it still gets very little play. Usually this is how it goes when I have friends over:
Friend: What game do you want to play?
Me: You're the guest, you pick.
Friend: Let's play Cirqus Voltaire.
Me: Sounds good.
A few hours go by and we've played every game multiple times, but GnR went untouched.
Friend: I'm getting ready to leave. Let's at least play one game on GnR.
Me: Let's do it.
Friend: This is a beautiful game, but it isn't much fun.
I have several different groups of friends that come to the house to play pinball, and this is pretty much what happens with all of them.
I am waiting for a good code update on this game, but I'm afraid it will never come. The layout is great, but the rules choke the fun right out of the game.

Sounds similar. I have a couple of friends that like to come over to play pinball for a few hours. I have 4 pins. None of them care to play GNR. It’s just too unbalanced and the rules are boring. The game needs a few modes to kick in during gameplay other than fucking slash solo. They all agree it’s the sexiest game they’ve seen but they all have more fun playing Baywatch, which is a criminally underrated game BTW

1 week later
#24428 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaygee77:

Are there any downsides to the beta, from a mechanical/maintenance standpoint? I could envision a worst-case scenario where a setting is changed that increases coil power, shorting out the coil and creating extra maintenance work that I'm not readily equipped to perform.
In y'all's experience, is that a "thing"?

I personally stay away from beta. It hasn’t been thoroughly tested for bugs. At one point JJP sent out an official code update that screwed up the Wi-Fi and people had a hard time updating for a while. Crap like that is what I want to avoid.

#24431 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Slash Solo appears to be different to me. After locking a ball in the guitar neck it then switched to shooting spinners instead of the record. I then drained out and didn't get to see what else changed.

This is great news. I think SS needs to be worth something more than just points, as another poster mentioned. Who cares about 700,000 points when you can earn a hell of a lot more by playing a song?

When it comes to booster multi balls, I think it would be nicer to let the player know the correlation between jackpots and an increase to song value. So often I start and stack these and eventually I drain. Show goes on and i hope for the best when you start a song. Add something to the display and/or add a callout. For example, at 5 jackpots the next song value grows by +20, at 10 jackpots it grows by +30. Or something to this affect.

And let us know what the song level would be if we start a song. That itself would add so much to strategy and open the game up a little more.

These are a mesh of many people’s ideas. There are so many other good ones. Fingers crossed

#24487 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Does anyone know what triggers the divertor on the right ramp by the speaker stack?

I think it’s triggered by “on the road” and when the inner loop or coma shot is needed during a song or mode

#24501 1 year ago

Need the magnet to grab that extra ball!!

#24528 1 year ago

What I really like about GNR is that you are not constantly listening to songs during normal play. You get jam music and then songs start when decide to start them.

With FF, the songs are always playing whether it’s normal play or during a mode. My opinion, FF has a ton of B level hits. Like Nickleback. You hear them on the radio all the time. For a casual FF fan like I consider myself (I’d never buy an album but will listen to the song sometimes on radio) the constant music will become grating despite what looks like a fun layout.

I wish there was jam music during normal play and save the songs for modes and wizards.

Back to GNR…bring on a code update!!

1 week later
#24733 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Let us know how the precision flippers work. That's the one thing I hate about JJP games, mushy flippers. Adding pinmonk fans and turning up the flipper power has helped immensely, but I'm open to trying some precision flippers if others say they make a difference.

The precision flippers on GNR feel just like my flippers on GZ. It’s a big help. Plus it’s easier to hit shots because by design, they are meant to increase accuracy by decreasing inconsistencies in the original design.

I held off for a while getting the precision flippers because I was afraid the timing would be different than on my stock games. I like them so much I am in the process of upgrading all my games.

#24735 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

I think I need an invite to check them out.

Anytime!! But I warn you, once you try them you will be spending a fortune upgrading all the games at WMPC!

#24797 1 year ago
Quoted from ConstantDrain:

Yeah it’s gone. Played bout 3 games. I always try to get that patch first. Not there. I held a flipper button down. Scrolled thru to jacket not there. Odd.
It was there yesterday.
On my game the fender patch is after the underwater patch.

One time I played with the settings I think for awarding an extra ball for obtaining X number of patches (or gnr lane completions, can’t remember what it was called) and saw that a few patches disappeared. Fender was one of them. I changed the setting back and they came back. Definitely a bug

Not sure if this pertains to you

#24832 1 year ago

Slash solo idea. Add both spinners to the record shot as a way to qualify guitar lock phase. Lock balls 1-3 and be awarded ”light extra ball.” Lock balls 3-6 and be awarded a second “light extra ball.” Maybe massage points earned as well.

Boom. Simple. Now slash solo is worth playing without trying to code into stacking or other intricacy

#24913 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I was listening to Kaneda's Saturday morning TPF walk through and he talked to Neil McRae who mentioned that a kit might be coming out to improve the flippers on past JJP games including GNR. I hope that's true!

There already is a kit. It’s called Precision Flippers

#24916 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I knew that was coming
I still want to know what the secret sauce ingredients in tgf is that makes them feel different/better.

It’s funny. I never had an issue with JJPs flippers. I thought turning up the power a bit was enough. I think it’s actually easier to do flipper tricks such as live and and drop catches on JJP games versus sterns

#24949 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

There is no packing material…….[quoted image][quoted image]

Give it a push. It will go in

1 month later
#25414 11 months ago
Quoted from altan:

I don't understand all the code complaining. While not perfect answers, there are some obvious choices:
1. Make small changes to the game settings, reduce multi ball, you can make it however you like! SOLUTION.
2. Grab the beta. It's got bug fixes, some adjusted light shows, EQ and other stuff. SOLUTION
3. Do #1 and #2, enjoy the game. Maybe some more aggressive change will come, be happy with what you have. SOLUTION.
4. Move on and sell. The game isn't for you w/its current functionality. SOLUTION.
Clearly the above is somewhat tongue-in-cheek ... everyone is free to speak their mind.

The game has flaws. That’s obviously why it’s the most polarizing game in recent history. No denying that scoring is very unbalanced and slash solo is the worst mode in all of pinball. There are plenty of excellent code suggestions that will make this game better. Keefer and JJP are lazy with the code updates. Period. GNR is their flagship pin. You would think they would cater to those that bought the game and try to turn the negative tide against it.

No other modern game has seen this substantial drop in value. Yes you can manipulate the code to your liking. Same as any other pin. We shouldn’t have to change the rules through the settings to make the game better. We pay $10k plus for JJP to do that. Keefer, wake up please

#25420 11 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thunderbirds would like to object to this attempted coup on its reign.
Also, if things don't turn around, Bond will be nipping at GnR's heels soon, too.
It's not unprecedented at all. Just uncommon in the recent era of pinflation. Pins losing value after launch used to be normal.

I was looking at it from a pure dollar standpoint. GNR is down a solid $3,000 compared to the NIB price. Looks like they will be had in the $7,500 range pretty soon.

I had to look up the details on Thunderbirds. Doesn’t sound like they made too many. Manufacturer was Homepin (china)?

Hard to see Bond dropping $3,000 to $3,900 on a pro model.

1 month later
#25599 10 months ago
Quoted from Barr993:

I have a July '21 LE that I bought about a year ago. The shooter spring is too strong and anything but the tiniest launch passes the skill shots. The spring is green and I'm assuming someone changed it from stock.
Anyone one know the correct color/strength?

Go to Marcos and buy the multipack for $6. It has all the colors and you can choose the one you like. You can dial in a weak spring by slightly stretching it to make it stronger

#25616 10 months ago

Playfields all appear to be fine now. Those that had issues seem to have cured

1 week later
#25731 9 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That’s awesome! I love seeing people enjoy this game. Your tips and strategies early on really helped me.
I ended up netting around 88,000,000 last night. Still chasing 100,000,000+, it’s been awhile.
I might go again tonight. Still trying to get the hang of setting up the stream software better. I like how some of these guys frame out the video feeds nice and have the chat embedded in there too.

Out of curiosity, do you keep your flippers aligned so that you can backhand the left ramp?

#25733 9 months ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I think the most important shot to be able to make on that game is a backhand up the left ramp. I can also backhand the left orbit sometimes (out of midair).
The flipper alignment on my game is completely stock, with the stock rubbers. Pitch is at about 7.5 if that makes any difference.

I had lowered my flipper angles and can no longer backhand the ramp. I found it much easier to hit the orbits and left ramp with my right flipper. I think I’ll revert back to the original alignment to see if my score improves

#25827 9 months ago

Lower halo precision flippers here with the metal bushings. I kept the clamps stock and have had no issues. I also have the halos on GZ. It’s a noticeable upgrade to accuracy

#25892 9 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Just got an LE, and dialing it in. Only weirdness I can tell is that sometimes an auto-plunge often falls under the blue bumper back into the shooter lane. Looking down on the bumper, it seems like it might be too angled, as opposed to vertical, and therefore sometimes slipping through. Pic below. Anyone have a 'standard' view of this? Should I try to just physically bend the bumper down to be more vertical?
[quoted image]

Can you add some washers to lower the flap with the blue bumper?

1 month later
#26036 8 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW RELEASE - READY TO SHIP
The Guns N Roses Pinball 'Skeletons' Collectible Banner by Jersey Jack Pinball
Officially Licensed!
- 72” tall by 30” wide
- Double Stitched Hemming
- Corner Grommets
- Premium Material
- Artwork by Dayne Henry Jr.
$149.99 plus shipping
FLIPNOUTPINBALL.COM
[email protected][quoted image]

JJP should spend their time finalizing the code update instead of wasting time on posters that are simply an image from the playfield

2 weeks later
#26149 7 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Since JJP has no intention on updating the code or supporting this pin, they should do us loyal owners a favor and cut off production now short of 5000. 5K was really never what I would consider limited. I think others see it the same otherwise it would be sold out. DE GNR was only 3K. Does that make it SLE?
Wonka and POTC held value as soon as they cut production. I think it’s time JJP caps this one and focuses on the next title

I don’t know why JJP would continue making these. Distributors are stocked full and can’t get rid of them and they are now selling in the used market $7,500 - $8,000

2 weeks later
#26301 7 months ago

Slash solo remains as the worst mode in pinball history

#26313 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That makes me wonder.What does Slash think when he’s playing his solo on GnR?If he didn’t like it couldn’t he speed dial Eric Menuir and tell him to make it awesomeness?

Slash probably sold his game due to lack of code updates. Joking. But I guarantee he either loses his ball in slash solo or times it out

#26317 7 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think if my name was on the game I would want that to be king of modes!Do you own GnR?

Me? I’m a first run OG . I’ve fixed more spotlights than we have fingers and toes.

I’ve seen it all:

Playfield pooling, washers, PETG washers, ironing the damn playfield to fix pooling, owners fault! (That was priceless), larger posts, flipper angles (is backhanding the left ramp to collect patches cheating?), blue nubber replacement, terrible scoring imbalance, SDTM from guitar lock, Mylar peeling on drumsticks, magnet coil thermal switch failures, constant tweaking of orbits and scoop, weird communications error pop ups on screen... I think that covers almost all of the hot button issues over the years. Oh yeah, there was a time when their code update broke Wi-Fi and freaked people out. Good times.

I was really hoping this last code update would have fixed what everyone complained about code wise. Unfortunately naming it 2.0 means to me they have put this code to bed.

Oh well. Great light show and a blast for guests to play

3 weeks later
#26572 6 months ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

But apart from the different art and the glitter…

Could you tell me what you tweaked and how you went about it? I’ve had a couple of attempts but not really made much difference. Ball still hits sling most of the time.

For my orbits I loosened the nuts underneath and pushed the ball rails in toward the center of playfield. But what helps the most is removing the plastics and take needle nose pliers and give them a little bend inward to get the ball to clear the slings. Getting the orbits dialed in is a must

#26573 6 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

My Spotlight servos did die, but I don’t know how to fix those yet or what to buy…

The servos suck. I’ve replaced them about 10 times. When the spotlights go crazy during Encore I bet does a number on them.

You need to take the plate off on the back of the playfield. Meaning behind it. Take the glass off and move the playfield into service position so you can get back there. There are 6 screws holding the plate. Use a magnetic 1/4 nut driver. Then it’s just removing the spotlight wire connector and unscrewing the spotlight assembly.

Look at the brand and model servo and purchase a bunch of them for backups.

Purchase a servo testing kit.

https://a.co/d/cKyLzCI

Use the tester on the new servo to “center” it, which puts it in the neutral position ready for install.

Then just swap it in. Before screwing it back in and putting the plate back on, try to make sure it’s in the right position relative to the other spotlight.

It’s not a hard job at all, just a pain in the ass. Hopefully you don’t need to replace them too often

2 weeks later
#26734 5 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Just picked up an LE, what triggers the left ramp to upper PF? I’m not sure if the divertor is working correctly Thanks

Once you collect a band member, the diverter goes down for you to lock a ball on upper playfield

3 weeks later
#26909 4 months ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I bought a NIB LE and so far, I’m loving it! But I have noticed a couple quirky things with my machine, the most annoying is this one: I’ve noticed a handful of times during gameplay, that when there’s a ball in the shooter lane, I’ll get random “phantom” points and I’ll hear sound effects like there’s a ball in play, but there isn’t! Anyone else having this issue ? I’m going to make a video of it and post it the next time I play and this starts to happen. Thanks.

Try taking the glass off and pound on the playfield. Maybe a vibration is triggering an overly sensitive switch

#26913 4 months ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yes I’m on 2.0. But when you say pound on playfield, do you mean like tap it with my knuckle or something like that?

Use the palm of your hand

4 weeks later
#27159 3 months ago

Guys, there is no new code coming. This is it. You will attack this game the same way for the rest of its days. You will continue to skip the album modes and time out slash solo. You will have purchased more spotlight servos than you ever thought possible. One day you will decide to manually change the settings, like many of you have, to try and make the game “better.” Before you sell it, you will take the glass off to experience the wizard mode, which you will realize is an incoherent mess.

The day you sell it for $7,500 will be a good day and you will have no regrets. You will stalk this thread forever, hoping you were wrong to part ways because a shiny code update finally arrived, but it never will.

- The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come

1 month later
#27684 60 days ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Not sure why we dont just install a reset button to make our lives easier, which is all the jumper is doing.

I agree. The whole jumper thing is ridiculous. Battery dies and you need to jump the board? So dumb.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
372 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mattyk. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/2?tu=mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.