IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

805 posts in this topic match your search for posts by eskaybee. You are on page 2 of 4.
#6990 3 years ago
Quoted from TJG81296:

I had an unfortunate mishap. Went off the end of the rail. Seems like a stop is missing.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I feel your pain. Mine was slightly different, it was the guide that rolls on the rail. Not sure how this happened, but the screw came out so the guide slipped off the rail. Highly encourage other owners to check their guides and screws. Mine got extremely lodged in the cabinet, took a scratching and quite some effort to get it out. Nothing mirror blades can’t cover up, but sucks nonetheless.

Be sure to check your screws, once I got it back on the rail, I found the culprit lying in the cab.

0D3F3F85-75CE-4D5A-8204-103B19D667C8 (resized).jpeg0D3F3F85-75CE-4D5A-8204-103B19D667C8 (resized).jpegE1752E10-48C1-4EB8-85AC-C7F7E00B7AEA (resized).jpegE1752E10-48C1-4EB8-85AC-C7F7E00B7AEA (resized).jpeg
#7038 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Most of my issue is that i am not a good enough player to look away from the flippers. On the simpler machines (AFM in the examples) i know the only thing i have to look up for is the top inlanes. i can do that, but not really during multi's.
The other shots are muscle memory (ramps and orbits) and queued by the callouts, with an occasional glance at the big orange lights just above the flippers for getting to annihilation. I never look at the backglass while playing and i've never once looked at the small screen on either my Hobbit or GnR.
Even the switching on the out/inlanes on walking Dead gets too complicated for me and i don't bother for the ball save.
I didn't even know there was a target under slash's hat till you told me.
Started destroying my brain at an early age and haven't slowed down a bit. But honestly thanks for the explanations, i'll learn something from it for sure, even if it's only where the multi balls are coming from.

Give it time. Not sure why you keep comparing it to AFM, you have 24 games in your collection, more than half of them are way more complicated than GNR. Like most games, it takes time to learn the shots, rules, and overall concept.

#7060 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

1.17 was pulled back due to bugs. There was one bug where if you got encore it stuck there forever. It literally played the encore animation and music/light show indefinitely and never gave you a New mode or ball.
I did notice that 1.17 vs 1.14 there were more songs, for example, mr brownstone.

I’ve gotten the encore loop bug (once) on 1.14. No new songs, MR Brownstone has always been in the game. Adult mode maybe?

#7141 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

If anyone wonders what a spare disc decal cover looks like. Thanks JJP as was only about 12 bucks for the spare and album I wanted!
[quoted image]

Where did you get it, straight from JJP? I got the freakin spaghetti incident - like why did they include that as one of the disc decals, it’s not even represented in the game. Weird.

#7163 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Future DLC (via ultra-reliable WiFi). Jack has to keep the lights on!

Maybe a $1000 topper + you have to spell
S-P-A-G-H-E-T-T-I I-N-C-I-D-E-N-T to get the mode

#7164 3 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

I’m still on 1.14 and terrified.

Second this. 1.14 has been working great. Gonna wait this one out a bit.

#7232 3 years ago

1.14 > 1.18 WiFi update work yes or no?
Or should I not risk it and just go usb?
Or, should I just wait for 1.19?

These code updates coupled with a non working magnet have kind of taken the sails out of playing the game. Hoping to turn that around this weekend. First update code; second replace magnet coil.

#7242 3 years ago

Guess that answers my question. Waiting for 1.19. Thanks keefer!

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

One time over a beer you will have to tell me how you chase down the bugs. Seems would be much harder than straight forward coding

5E3E1B79-5612-4589-B7CF-B3069499520B.gif5E3E1B79-5612-4589-B7CF-B3069499520B.gif
#7385 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

me too.. fast update!!

Quoted from gmanrulz46:

me too.. fast update!!

Ditto. 1.14 > 1.19 WiFi less than 5 mins

#7390 3 years ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Do the high scores reset?

Mine didn’t.

#7408 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I AM being patient, that was my point. The updates that add a couple lighting effects, but introduce new bugs, seem pointless. I personally like the less-frequent, bigger updates that fix bugs AND add content, and that are pre-tested for major bugs before release. To each their own. Just a discussion as there are dozens of pages of posts of people trying to update the game with no new content in the updates so they keep going in circles chasing the latest bug fix. It's okay to wait out these minor updates.

There’s a lot of bug fixes from 1.08 to 1.19. 1.16,1.17,1.18 seems to be an anomaly of bug gremlins multiplying, but 1.19 seems pretty solid and we get a new way to boost the power chord award. I say go for it.

#7420 3 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

For me, having the game a month now and playing the hell out of it.... Damn this game is hard on flipperrubbers, in a week i changed the stock JJP rubbers as the were about to snap. Titans installed on all flipperbats. Today had to change out my bottom flippers again. Chunks of rubber gone at the tips. But thats the same as complaining about how many times you have to fill your car with gas while driving 600 miles a day. Things wear out after constant use. Gonna order some more titans to have some on hand.
Other than that now i start to get the hang of the rules this game is pulling me in more and more. I love it. Even the frustration of losing a 60 million jackpot will have me walk away in disgust but keeps me coming back to take that hurdle some day. I hope it will come soon.
Back to playing now as i hear Melissa shouting for my attention. Cya all later.

Melissa has some awesome call outs!
Agree on the flipper rubbers. The flippers get more action than I think any other game so makes sense.

#7454 3 years ago

This is literally Me getting ready for a song mode...

1818E8F1-17BB-4F69-8D39-2C935978B40F.gif1818E8F1-17BB-4F69-8D39-2C935978B40F.gif

And then hitting the applause Jackpot and getting an encore...

8164417F-F69C-4D50-B37C-84970680E9A5.gif8164417F-F69C-4D50-B37C-84970680E9A5.gif

#7469 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I can’t seem to connect to my game via scorbit. I’ve got now problems with my Wonka. What am I missing here? Just keeps saying loading session.
[quoted image]

I think scorbit might be a bit buggy. I trued the QR code to load up my game, it shows my scores, but then just sits idle saying something like waiting to start game no matter how many games I start.

#7543 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Joined the hobby 1 year ago with the purchase of a Stern Jurassic Park pro. Have played 5,000+ games throughout quarantine and am now ready to look at a second pin. Really enjoyed learning the JP ruleset and building up my skill to (almost) reach escape nublar. Can't wait to dive into a second pin.
I am currently between GnR (LE) or an Avengers IQ (Premium) and am hoping this group can provide a recommendation. I have flipped an Avengers (CE) on location and really liked the flow, speed and combo potentials. It also seems at first glance like it has a similarly deep ruleset like Jurassic Park. Really hoping my local arcade (Wizard's World) gets their GnR LE soon so I can flip and compare.
GnR is my wife and my all-time favorite band. We love the music and have seen Slash in concert with Velvet Revolver as well as Miles Kennedy multiple times. That will likely put us over the top on the decision. Just curious how those of you who own GnR would compare it to Avengers. I really appreciate your feedback!

If you’re a big GNR fan, then it’s almost a no brainer. AIQ is very appealing, I ponder daily what game I can sell (Not GNR) to get one.

Personally, I feel GNR is one of the best pins ever made, but that doesn’t mean it’s for everyone. I don’t think you could go wrong with either decision to be honest. Getting an AIQ Premium could prove be easier and cheaper than going for GNRLE.

#7582 3 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Hate to top you but...... Had a good game goin then this!
[quoted image]

That gate is notorious for coming off.

#7588 3 years ago

Best mini pf in pinball.

#7597 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its definitely nice, but I'd have to say POTC, and TSPP are pretty fun as well....

Pirates is awesome. But a little too grindy for me.

Quoted from Phbooms:

do you consider the Rescue Castle playfield on WOZ as a mini? If so that is the best in my opinion. I use to love trying to collect that gem or whatever they are called on that game.

Yes! I love the rescue castle pf. So fun and satisfying. It can get grindy like most mini pf’s which is why I still give GNR the crown.

All in all, I think JJP has the best mini pf’s around. (GNR, WOZ, and Pirates). They know how to do mini pf’s.

#7602 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Oh please. Everyone knows the upper playfield on WWFRR is superior lol

What about WWE!

#7607 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If this is true. You have to give it to ACNC for being first and having pretty much the same shots.

Well, I take the whole design into consideration. But yes, ACNC is another great one and such a cool game too!

#7612 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can someone point me to the post where the balls draining from the guitar lock fix is please? i remember it was a rail bend or a little clear bump glued on, but can't remember the details.
My left one is stdtm 90%

Coil settings > guitar locks > play with the speeds. I think I went down one notch on my left lock, but up one notch on the right.

#7669 3 years ago

Awesome GOTY video by JJP. Class! Who else celebrated with a game (or two or thirteen) on GNR!?!

#7674 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Before I reach out to Jersey Jack does anybody know this problem. My diverter to the upper playfield stopped working. After several games of not working I noticed these two screws were loose. I tightened them down which holds the diverter above the ramp. The diverter is still not working. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Take a look at the keyed posts or search diverter in this thread. Here’s one recently that hopefully gets you on the right track.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/150#post-6197319

#7675 3 years ago

Are the spinners supposed to light up? Or is it a reflection that causes the effect? I was listening to Eric’s interview on final round that just released this weekend, awesome interview btw - I’m only 30 mins in so far, and Eric talked about how he got lighted spinners in the game.

#7677 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This. And the fact that they are clear with a sticker.
LTG : )

Got it! Just played a game and noticed it. Never noticed that before haha. Probably cause the game is so fast with lighting effects everywhere, blends in nicely.

#7680 3 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Talking about the diverter that goes from to the upper playfield or back to the lower playfield when you dont have the band members to be able to lock. Been following these post since the beginning and have not seen anyone have this kind of problem

Gotcha. I imagine the coil doesn’t work in test either? Have you checked connections of the coil? Maybe (hopefully) it’s something simple like the wire coming off the lug.

#7681 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Recently when the balls drop off the left side of the guitar head they go straight down the middle... almost every time. The guides all seem to be lined up correctly but the diverter has a very slight loose delay as it drops changing the balls trajectory. Does anyone know of an adjustment that I can make?

Pitch (I’m at 6.8 roughly) and playing with the VUK fire times helped me. Settings > coil settings.

7287EC23-1D70-4096-A18B-9F5794736D9A (resized).jpeg7287EC23-1D70-4096-A18B-9F5794736D9A (resized).jpeg
#7687 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

game should be coming in a few days(le). What is the correct pitch for this game and what are most setting their flippers to? JJP flippers are always weak to me and need to be dialed up. When I played GnR on location I still felt same way.

Recommended is 6.5. I have mine around 6.8 and love it. Karl with IE pinball has his around 7 deg and looks to play amazing on his streams. Both Karl and I readjusted the flippers to be parallel with the inlane guides so returns are smoother. I have my flipper power on the lower flippers +1 over factory. Upper right flipper defaults to a much lower power than the game initially shipped with so I have that around +6 or so of the new default setting.

#7690 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks. I usually prefer steeper than 6.5 with 6.8 being my sweet spot so Ill mess around with it. Will start with +1 on the lowers. Are you saying that recent updates have brought the upper right flipper power down signifacantly so you increased it a bunch?

Yes. You’ll have to play with the power settings when you get yours to find the sweet spot.

#7734 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

This fucking game. Mr Brownstone last night, she said 'shoot the ramps'.
I hit left/right ramp combo 5 times. I never get 5 ramps in a row, never. Just not good enough at pinball to that.
Booed off stage.
Turned the game off in disgust.

I find that very strange. It is hard to get booed off the stage especially if you’re making shots. There might be a setting to turn off the boo meter?

#7751 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thank you. Don't know how i lasted 3 mins on that shitty song.

You can choose what song you play by hitting the action button before the song starts (when the big tank is on the screen and announcer is introducing GNR).

#7756 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Time to change my appetite for spaghetti for something more appetizing... or destructive
My "Appetite For Destruction" arrived today (Amazing, just 8 business days to Canada).
I want to thank Ken H. and Nathan L. from “Jersey Jack”... simply an amazing Customer Service! Thank you.

How easy/hard was it to replace? And/or did you just put it on top of the other decal?

#7783 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Is it me or when you drain during a song that I haven't cashed out on yet, you don't see what the jackpot was and what you lost ? There should be a huge number showing what you lost so you can really get agrivated and call outs calling me a looser or something !

Quoted from fnosm:

This annoys me too. I never know just how upset to get.

LOL exactly and agreed. IMDN power jackpot and loop jackpot are similar. As painful as it might be, I would like to know... what could have been.

#7848 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

...what a coincidence, I... a friend of mine asked me the same question also the same friend was able to choose "Patience" as 2nd song, anyone knows what did I do to achieve "Patience"?.... (I mean my friend?)

Patience is unlocked with one of the patches.

As for the magnet. It’s qualified quite often. Mainly at the beginning of the game when AXL lanes are flashing - loop shots activate it. Also, during most songs when AXL is the qualifying band member for frenzy. If it’s not going off during those times, chances are the thermal switch blew - possibly a hidden common problem unfortunately.

#7872 3 years ago

Think I caught a bug. Appetite and UYI-1 both 3+ mins played but not lit for the album mode. Am I missing something?

EBEDCE1C-F0F6-47AD-936B-2E3372771CB3 (resized).jpegEBEDCE1C-F0F6-47AD-936B-2E3372771CB3 (resized).jpeg
#7882 3 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Put a deposit down for an LE this past Friday and was told December.
This is my family’s second game (currently own a JP pro), first JJP, and first NIB pin. Are there any “must have” accessories/mods/upgrades that we should consider for our LE?
Also, are there any issues with the first-run LEs that have been identified and will be corrected with future production models? I am thinking of the clearcoat issue with the JP playfield that got corrected on our by stern since it was a later model. Just curious.
Thanks

JJP games are solid and packed. Only thing you really need is an external sub and call it a day.

#7889 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Was patience involved? Might be related to that. Also hard to see full state with skill shot running since it dims a lot of lamps.

TLDR: I think the bug is somewhere in Chinese Democracy album time accumulating. Patience has something to do with it as well.

It’s happened twice to me. The first time was about a week ago and Patience absolutely was involved. I had completed everything in the game except Chinese Democracy. I played the song and last 2:56 seconds (doh! Just short to light the album). On my last ball i decided to play patience since it accumulates all albums. I completed and cashed out, but Chinese Democracy album was not lit.

On this most recent occurrence; i had lit and played tear down the wall first, demolition derby second, Tour, slash solo. Then i played better in Chinese democracy and completed the time limit and cashed out - however, the album did not light. I then played It’s so easy on Appetite and failed just shy of the 3 minute mark and decided to play patience to boost it above 3 mins.

However, i just looked back at my screenshot and it shows that Chinese Democracy album only has 52secs, but I did play Better and an encore (cashed out after).

So all in all i think the bug lies somewhere within Chinese Democracy and not accumulating time? Which therein bugged Appetite for Destruction album mode.

#7895 3 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

What is the purpose of album sales in the game?
Thanks

I think it effects bonus score?

#7903 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just got booed off stage twice in the same ball.

Oh chuck you can do better than that

44AB1F53-E9AF-4FD7-BAD3-FA42C38BCE19.gif44AB1F53-E9AF-4FD7-BAD3-FA42C38BCE19.gif
#7923 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I saw in instruction sheet to screw leg seats all the way in .The floor is level where it stands but is this the proper pitch for this game? Seems a bit slow but fun never the less.That was some serious fun last night .

Bubble should be just touching 2nd line.

#7928 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think you need to send me cliff notes on how to play and score well on this machine!

Cliff notes version:
Get multiball, don’t drain.

Not so much cliff notes version (i.e. the Long version):
The biggest thing is learning the objectives in the song modes and understanding how the inserts move. While each song is different from the next, the overall construct of rules are the same. The light show is HUGE so it can be a bit overwhelming at first.

I suggest starting with songs from use your illusion 2. They are the easiest to pick up and understand. ‘You could be mine’ and ‘civil war’ are really easy to pick up and run with but they are also the hardest to score in. I enjoy playing civil war because it’s all about the upper loop shot (+ 1 other shot is always lit to help).

Next learn band frenzy shots and how the inserts work on the revolver for them. If a band member insert on the revolver is flashing color, shoot that members shot to collect. Collected band members will be solid white on the insert revolver. Collect them all for band frenzy and the revolver will be going nuts with rainbow colors. Again, ‘you could be mine’ and ‘civil war’ are the best songs to learn this because the overall light show is easier to understand.

Once you got those concepts down, move onto other songs and start learning song mode objectives insert shots. It becomes easier and easier once you learn something less overwhelming like ‘you could be mine’ or ‘civil war’ as mentioned above.

All in all you have 4 objectives during a song:
1. Make song objective shots, light scoop green, shoot scoop and level up the song mode.
2. Collect band members and get band frenzy going.
3. Lock balls for power chord. Lock them all and get a power chord jackpot + add a ball.
4. Keep your crowd meter alive *cough* chuck *cough*. When a song is near the end you really want your crowd meter maxed so you can get an encore. Crowd meter increases by making any shots, lit shots boost it higher.

Next step, doing well:
The more balls and members you collect prior to starting a song, the more balls you start with and the longer your ball saver. So lock those balls!

Patches:
• Always always always get the fender patch, it helps collect members for band frenzy.
• Patches for scoring well: fender + band members
• Patches Wizard mode progression: sponsor patches, sunglasses (for tour multiball), album patches (mainly use your illusion 2 patch for its album mode - hardest album mode to complete).

Scoring vs. wizard mode:
• If you’re going for score and just want to have an absolute Adrenalin rushed risk/reward game, then never cash out of a song and go for encore/band frenzy.

• if you’re going for wizard mode progression, it’s all about those extra balls. when you have the option to cash out of a song, look at the mini LCD, it’ll tell you if you qualified the album mode. If so, cash out (this will light the extra ball). If it’s not complete, then keep playing the song.

Quick tip 1:
Use that power chord guitar lock to store balls and keep the playfield less cluttered to progress song objectives.

Quick tip 2:
If you’re down to one ball in a song mode near the end of the song, you can ‘cheat’ the applause jackpot by shooting scoop when it’s lit green and wait the full 10 seconds. If applause lights during the 10 seconds, it’ll give it to you.

Lastly: have a beer and rock on! Absolute Adrenalin risk/reward fun game.

#7939 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Good catch .Any thoughts on the pitch for this pin I had all the adjustments screwed all the way in last night like it said in direction sheet .seemed a little slow but reguardless fun .floor is level just wondering what people were doing for pitch .

See my previous post, but bubble touching 2nd line from bottom is a pretty good sweet spot for me.

#8218 3 years ago

I’m still on 1.19. Any reason to go to 1.21? I thought it was just enabling the option to join the beta team?

Also, what is super lock?

EDIT: never mind. Pretty sure that’s the power chord feature. Could be interesting to disable that timer
2EE0245A-C707-4609-AB11-4002A84AEBA4 (resized).jpeg2EE0245A-C707-4609-AB11-4002A84AEBA4 (resized).jpeg

#8228 3 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Does anyone cash out? I always try to play to the end of the song.

Depends. Risk vs reward vs going for the wizard mode.

#8237 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s what I was afraid of.

Give it some time to cook. It’s all about the risk v reward and doing side objectives to build and collect. The game can be played as a music pin (play songs) or traditional pin (boosters, build up, album, slash solo, tour). If you go the journey route you can still put up a big score, it just takes a bit longer. Keefer said scoring balances to album modes and slash solo is coming.

But there’s very many avenues to help build up that massive jackpot if that’s the route you want to go. Or, have some fun and shoot away, go for some power chord features (I’m really tempted to turn off the timer on that setting to see how the game plays - obviously easier, but maybe dial back the ball saver settings to compensate).

#8239 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I got it. Haha. I was hoping I was missing something. That part alone isn’t enough for me unfortunately.
I hope you’re right about the score balancing. The album modes are really disappointing at this time. If those get a major boost, that will help for sure.
Let me ask you this. You need to score 20 million points but can’t collect a single song jackpot. What’s the strat?

No jackpot collect or applause? I’m assuming applause is fair game? But safer route is Probably go the traditional pinball route. 4 booster patches and play those multi balls until tour multiball is lit and play it. You can get some serious jackpots from the boosters.

Let me give that challenge a try as I haven’t really played the booster patch strat yet and want to give it a go. I’ll get back to you...

#8244 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No jackpots in songs what so ever. Go a different route. I’m curious if higher scores are even possible doing something different than maximizing song jackpots or completing songs and getting the applause JP.

In all honesty, getting 20 mil is no easy task in this game. You can get yourself quickly into a song and press your luck to try and get through 2 or 3 songs and collect each applause with encore (good luck!) and you might make 20 million. I think it comes down to patch selection, boosters, and how much you want to push for a larger jackpot score and song level. Personally, I think the best method is go for fender first to make sure you’ll get help with band frenzy. Then get boosters going to help with patch selection, collecting members, and ball locks. There’s 2 routes you can go - get the booster patches and maximize those multiballs and go into your song with a near maxed song level. Or, collect your band member and scoring patches (personally this is my strat as it helps get band frenzy going), plus vater and duff giving scoring boosters. I’ll probably also go for rose and patch and play welcome to the jungle. Or get the condom and go for rocket queen. Those are 2 songs that can get band frenzy’s going. Or I’ll get the airplane patch and go for live and let die for a quick encore and press my luck with don’t cry, November rain, or Double talking Jive. Shit, that’s like 4 or 5 strats to getting to 20 million and I’m not allowed to cash out and play the risk vs reward or play any other modes the game offers? Yea not so deep or is it Hahaha. And the game isn’t done! You should know better Chuck than to judge a game on early code.

Btw; scoring aside, have you played tear down the wall or shall we play a game? The other 2 album modes suck, but talk about pinball technique skill in wall and game album modes. Pretty wild. Can’t wait to see what keefer does about the scoring for those, as that I do agree.

#8251 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is early code? Last I checked from what Keefer said it’s all there and scoring balancing/rules tweaking is all that is to come. That’s pretty baked if you ask me.
I hope you’re right though. I’d love to add this some day if it turns out to be something I have to have.
I was blown away at first, but after the honeymoon wore off, I was left wanting more to go for outside of the song jackpots.

Probably not early code haha. But there’s an entire mode not coded in. And keefer has acknowledged the scoring imbalances.

It’s not a ‘samey’ stern type of game. To me, it’s more of a ‘fun’ rockin game - hey it’s a music pin. I find games like AC/DC and JP more linear, but that’s me. I still think GOT and SW are some of the best strategy style games and You seem to like that more than fun, so this game might not suit your lineup. Not yet at least.

If you want to open the scoring depth up, see if the operator can adjust some settings. Increase power chord timer and reduce ball save timers. I just tried it, and seems pretty cool actually, game is less busy and now gives more meaning to power chord. Reduce some of the ball saver features to add risk since you’re adding another element of scoring with power chord. My best is around 12 mil I believe. Note: if you hit duff on the upper playfield, it’ll give you a power chord multiplier. I’m not sure if it maxes out, but it holds for the entire song - goes back to 1x after the song or encore.

B7D92F8D-A7F3-4C98-9164-5C8D9929F0A8 (resized).jpegB7D92F8D-A7F3-4C98-9164-5C8D9929F0A8 (resized).jpeg
#8270 3 years ago

Been playing and tweaking around with my GNR all weekend and came up with quite a many of adjustments that I thought I’d share with the community. I’m really digging these settings so far, especially the software adjustments.

Pitch: raised from 6.8 to approx to 7.2. Bubble just under the 3rd line (see screenshot). This helps considerably with flipper snag plus the flow and speed is much better too. I believe this right around where Karl D’Angelo is at as well.

Flipper power: to compensate for the steep pitch...
Left flipper: 25
Right flipper: 29
Upper right: 20

Game settings:
Lights multiball qualifying: 3
GNR spellout for mystery: 10
Member max ball save: 10
Max song ball saver: 45
Super lock timeout (power chord): 25 - EDIT: I may bring this down to 20. Default is 15.

So these settings make the game harder in some areas, easier in others. It gives another choice in going for powerchord over other song objectives. It also slows down the chaos of multiball by allowing you to dump balls in the lock longer. However, to compensate for this, I reduced ball saver max time and harder to build it giving you more decisions to make.

Enjoy.
138C38C2-7A4E-41D6-8A03-D4BFE3E299A6 (resized).jpeg138C38C2-7A4E-41D6-8A03-D4BFE3E299A6 (resized).jpeg337334B8-D11C-4393-AE81-6F5E48836733 (resized).jpeg337334B8-D11C-4393-AE81-6F5E48836733 (resized).jpegC3C52D45-741A-4C96-BA4D-AAF3339AC3F3 (resized).jpegC3C52D45-741A-4C96-BA4D-AAF3339AC3F3 (resized).jpegD5D2AFF8-9B3A-4413-AB68-38513036B000 (resized).jpegD5D2AFF8-9B3A-4413-AB68-38513036B000 (resized).jpegD8244ED8-B508-47B9-8694-65BCB515B509 (resized).jpegD8244ED8-B508-47B9-8694-65BCB515B509 (resized).jpeg

#8273 3 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Unless I misunderstood, I saw a video of an interview with the game developers of GNR that the girl's voice on the callouts is actually a band member.

Yea, that’s Melissa. She is awesome! Love her call outs.

#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’ve gotten these a few times. Definitely a cool feature. Another piece that seems undervalued. But I could be doing a poor job of maximizing the value though.

13 mil in about one minute of play isn’t too shabby. Granted, it’s the first time I’ve ever completed the mode in about 50 attempts haha.

B6276D99-19E3-49FC-8DAD-5942FAD54EDE (resized).jpegB6276D99-19E3-49FC-8DAD-5942FAD54EDE (resized).jpeg
#8311 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Congrats! The game looks great. Are those clear washers at the sling posts installed at the factory? If so is JJP putting clear washers down in other areas as well besides the sling posts?
This is more of a general question for all owners but has JJP resolved the chipping issues with the latest builds? It seems like the playfield issues only affected the first batch of games?

I have a November build and the playfield has been holding up great. The clear washers are embedded with the clear, so they are not loose or tacky....well, I guess tacky is a matter of opinion but I don’t mind them LOL.

#8404 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Same here. Had a loose flipper on my CE early on. Tightened it like I have dozens of others over the years and snapped it.
Replaced it with and old one from a flipper rebuild and cranked it down - no further troubles
These newer versions are not the same quality

Add me to the list of overtightening and snapping the bolt. My distributor/JJP took care of me and sent out a couple replacements.

#8408 3 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Apologies in advance if this has been answered already, but my game is auto-launching every ball and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. Happens constantly, if the ball sits in the trough for a few seconds the game is gonna launch it. It used to happen a bit more intermittently but now it's constant. Any thoughts on how to correct this?

If I’m reading this correctly, you’ll have a ball in the shooter lane and if you let it sit idle, it’ll eventually auto plunge itself. May happen in 5 seconds, may do it in 30’seconds. If that’s it, check your wire harness for the skill shot sensors directly under the playfield. See if they are nicked (see my pic). If so, you’ll want to do 2 things. Reseat the harness at both connections. And if it’s nicked, get a replacement sent from your distributor/JJP.

If balls are just continuously auto firing, then it’s probably something else.

5B0D07BD-DCE9-48F4-BF60-4BD24A7B88F6 (resized).jpeg5B0D07BD-DCE9-48F4-BF60-4BD24A7B88F6 (resized).jpeg8A0CE695-C6DA-4F88-8E81-542E2EB00C7B (resized).jpeg8A0CE695-C6DA-4F88-8E81-542E2EB00C7B (resized).jpeg
#8412 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

My LE should be getting delivered this weekend. So pumped. Anyone know what size mini flipper rubber to get for the mini playfield? I can either get 1” or 1.25”
I’m also gonna get a few pawls for the flippers in case mine break like other did.
Anything else I should buy for the game while I’m shopping?

Coil sleeves and probably a few coil stops. Replacement balls. Definitely some extra flipper rubbers.

#8516 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

It's images of GNR playfields with pooling after someone tried to pretend it's never happened on GNR playfields. LMAO. I know someone with a chipped GNR playfield, want me to go over and get some time-stamped taken-today new photo's to make you feel better?
And like I said, he's playing the crap out of it and enjoying it. If you're buying a early run GNR it would be the first thing I'd look for and I wouldn't pay full price for one with it!

The reason he asked is your pics are old, from an early production game when this was a known issue. No one is ignoring it, especially JJP, hence all the measures they took to correct it.

#8532 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

OK I thought the action button started a new game when it was set to free play. I’ll have to take a look.

There’s a setting to enable start game with action button. Unfortunately, if you have that option on AND jukebox; the code doesn’t know how to handle it, so jukebox won’t work.

#8604 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Man I need a fix for the lower pop/bumper stuck ball issue...I didn't realize how common this was. My machine is level and setup correctly front to back and left to right. It happens with regularity and usually during critical times. Getting frustrating. Searching the threads here is what I've seen to alleviate the issue:
1. 3D Printed block that fits on post
2. foam on pop skirt
3. Adjusting pop strength
4. Adjusting pop sensitivity
5. Bending the post after marking the front, removing, bending, and reinserting
I've tried options 3 and 4 with no luck.
Nudging doesn't help as it it sets off the tilt warning the way I prefer it as you really have to push it to get any movement, it just rests in that skirt/post cradle
Any other thoughts or ideas? [quoted image]

Strategically placed piece of drop dead ball foam

CB2169B5-D205-42F1-91E9-DA1BD11DABC2 (resized).jpegCB2169B5-D205-42F1-91E9-DA1BD11DABC2 (resized).jpeg
#8645 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Well, I knew this was coming...157 games in on my LE ...add me to the list of broken Spotlight servo arms . My right one broke stopping up/down movement - probably just a matter of time before the left breaks as well..
Sent a notice to my distro so hoping this gets solved...Those ligths are just so awesome when they are working[quoted image]

Ugh that sucks. For those that have gotten replacements, are these an easy swap out?

#8677 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay, another item on the glitch list...
My right orbit has sucked out of the box, constant hangups and weird flow into the pops...well today I noticed there is a one way gate there but it was stuck open...lifting theplayfield to unjam it, I noticed that the protective clear shielding on my drumsticks is peeling away and the hanging adhesive is binding the gate hinge and locking it in the up position...
Ugh...I know NIB headaches but this is getting ridiculous...Last night, my left flipper coil stop completely flew off and landed in my coinbox, luckily nothing broke but I'm scared to play it now, feels like I'm finding a new issue every day
I know thats nott the case but just feels that was...okay done venting
So I'm, torn, remove the drumsticks myself and put a couple dabs of glue down to hold the lamination in place or contact distro for new drumsticks
[quoted image]

That sucks. Definitely contact your distributor. I believe my distributor sent me a tech bulletin on flipper coil assembly screws about checking to be sure they were tightened on a certain batch of games (or something along those lines).

#8727 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Here's my repair on my sticks for those who want to try self repair versus going the distro JJP route...
I would contact your distro first to make sure you can still be covered for replacement should you screw this up, it's not hard but takes a little patience
So the mylar used is pretty thick, the stuff i used is the sheets i ordered off pinball life. I didn't want to peel off the factory mylar at risk of messing up the Vater graphics..and I felt overall it was a nice look except for the adhesive. I cut about a 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide strip the length between the bracket near the tip bracket and the end of the mylar near the handgrips after the control bracket is removed (more on that below) securing the bottoms of the drumsticks. I attached my strip of mylar lengthwise about 1/4 inch to the side of the seam (basically making a flap extension of what was peeling) and once in place rolled it over the drumstick working slowly to keep the seal tight secured it on the other side...then just press it down using a microfiber towel to seal it completely.
To remove sticks:
1. lift playfield to 2nd or 3rd position
2. unscrew two small screws near the control board and then the 1 small screw near the tip of the sticks - the dumsticks are now free except for the plug
3. there is one plug that connects the control board to the stick assembly, unplug that and remove the plastic ball guard and set aside
4. Next, I removed the control board bracket so that my mylar would also be held in place by it post fix
5. perform mylar application above
6. make sure when screwing and unscrewing you use the correct size phillips head as you don't want to strip the screw. Drumsticks are hard wood and it requires downward and steady pressure to not strip the head of the screw - use the correct tool for the job - you'll have to poke two small holes in the mylar you just installed to reinsert the screws
7. plug back in bracket, reattach sticks lining up holes and plastic shield
8. test sticks in place after lowering playfield
Done!
Here's before and after again for those who don't want to scroll back in this thread
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is awesome. Can we get this post keyed?

#8786 2 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I put the flippers inline with the lane guides, not flopped, and I did it because I wanted to stop the backhand left ramp shot and to give more power to the orbit shots. Overall the shots simply feel better to me this way.

This.
If you can backhand the left ramp you can really exploit the patch rules. Especially when the ramp diverter is up or on the SE where the ramp returns to the slower inlane allowing you to trap it on the left flipper. Rinse + repeat.

#8827 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Thanks guys...Okay, I did some tinkering.
This is in a completely dark room the way I play so your results my vary a little.
My defaults from JJP on the monitor were 100 Brightness and 50 Contrast.
1. I turned the Brightness down to zero at first then came up to 25 as it dimmed too much. 25 is just at the threshold where it started getting washed (again your results may vary depending on your ambient lighting)
2. I adjusted the Contrast to 100
3. I left DCR off - On disables brightness and contrast and the monitor dynamically adjusts the contrast but I don't think it looked better
Next adjustment was the biggest one
4. I Changed the Color Temp to sRGB (default was on 6500k)
I took photos of each Color Temp setting and all but the sRGB have the whites levels blown out
You can see the guitar strings of the first pic I have circled that clearly show the Strings and the detail in the guitars without becoming white washed out and have the best contrast ratios out of all the Color Temp options IMHO
You can also see more detail in the flames etc..it may not appear to be correct as your working on it because the backbox LED's are in your face and the monitor is not in its enclosure while your adjusting the settings.
Give it a try.
Again I play in a dark room, this may not be the best setup for those with bright lit game areas
I think the following pics look much better that the default settings. (The blacks are much more pronounced)
There is still some compression showing and I would really like inkier blacks but that is probably due to monitor limitations and the fact it is 1080p and not 2k/4k..
It's pinball afterall and not a home theater
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great. Thanks for sharing. May have to try it this weekend (if I can remember too lol).

#8889 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone else find that it’s harder to look at the screen on JJP games because it’s so big? It’s like everything is spread out more due to the larger size so it’s harder to see the whole picture with your peripheral. Obviously better for guests watching you play though.

I agree. But once you start learning where the valuable information is; you can take quick glances (i.e. look for the revolver for band frenzy members). Which brings me to my next gripe, sometimes the revolver insert is hard to read on an active member that’s already been collected. Hard to tell if it’s white (collected) or not.

That said, I’ve had the game 6 months (wow 6 months went quick!) and I’m still trying to digest display information. But like others said, the small LCD seems to be where the best information lies.

#9203 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am

Sorry I flew off the handle, you are fine. I'm just saying, I don't think software has shit all to do with this issue. From my research into the RC servo world when sourcing a replacement, it just seems like they are wear items with hit or miss quality.
I think it's unfair to lay speculative blame on the code when we've seen no evidence of the code misbehaving.

I’m not saying it’s code or not code, but from my 15 years in the NIB pinball hobby, I have seen code and drivers fix many many many issues. It’s why I don’t like buying early, I don’t want to be the Guinnea pig, and I don’t believe that going through rules updates is a reward - it’s a curse to my pinball OCD.

So why do I have an early run GNR? Simple, timing. This hobby is all about timing (or deep pockets and endless space - which I have neither). Just before GNR was released, I was in the market for a new pin (or 2). I missed the JJPOTC boat and didn’t want that to happen again after seeing this release and having a hunch it was another JJP masterpiece.

#9225 2 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I don't understand why JJP can't seem to produce games that are in extremely high demand at even a slow rate. It's a snail pace. They have been in the manufacturing business now for 10 years and have developed and shipped 6 fully featured games. They have what, 3,000 machines on backorder? All that product waiting to be sold and most of the distributors I know are getting only a few machines every few weeks? If even that.
I know people that have been in since the first week or two after the machine was announced... and they don't have a game. The original GNR teaser was June 2020, and the official reveal was October 5, 2020. So in Seven (7) months, people that saw a mostly finished product put money down on a game and STILL DON'T HAVE A GAME.
On top of that, JJP has the potential to sell what, a thousand POTC's? And aren't Wonka's and WOZ's in super high demand with no NIB supply? No doubt hundreds of those could be sold too! I couldn't imagine owning a company and sitting there with so much potential to earn capital and expand the brand/product. Am I thinking the wrong way here? The demand is there, people are willing to pay the (Ridiculous?) prices, and people can't get games.
Sorry for the rant, but it comes from the heart. .
Just curious, on JJP games, if I buy a used GNR LE will the warranty transfer to me? Or am I screwed if, for example, the magnet or screen shits out?

Does any (pinball) company warranty second hand owners? I know stern doesn’t.

#9458 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Do any of you Nancy’s actually play the game or just talk about snapped rubbers and mods?!! Someone tell me how to blow this thing up!! Paging Eskaybee

I’ll have to get back to you on this one when I have more time lol. But the short version is get the fender patch and as many band member patches as you can to help with band frenzy. Vater + Duff have scoring boosts associated to their patches. I believe band member patches add additional scoring when hitting their shots during band frenzy (unconfirmed); if so, Melissa’s candy is a valuable patch and so could Vater for ripping the spinner during frenzy.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

In the future it would be easier if these were hex screws I would think .Better bite and fits tight spaces .
[quoted image]

Nice johnson controls background screen. Do you work for JCI or is that your BMS facility?

#9499 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Does increasing attenuation raise or lower volume?

On sterns, lowering attenuation, increases volume.

I dug in deep on it years ago. But if memory serves, attenuation is the amount of resistance. So if you increase the attenuation or resistance, your tightening the tunnel that the sound can pass through. Lower the attenuation, and you’re increasing that size of the tunnel to allow more of.

#9651 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

That is likely the the only moment that GnR appeared darker than the other 3 pins and you managed to capture it in a still! Congrats!

Probably using the pin stadium before/after filter

#9656 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks...that helps...6-7 months estimate.

Depends on the distributor really. It’s not one big line. It’s one line per distributor. So if you’re a day one order with a large distributor you could be in a line of 50 ppl and that distributor gets a bank of 5 games at a time. Or, if you bought with a small distributor you could be in a line of 10 getting 5 games per run. Now if you ordered straight from JJP, chances are you are in one big mofo line.

#9753 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

What increases your ball save time when you're playing a song???

That’s a good question. I believe ‘before’ a song is started boosting band members increases ball save time to the max of 60 secs (default).

But during a song, if you hit the scoop for the next wave of shots, sometimes it gives a ball saver and sometimes it doesn’t. Curious if there’s a rhyme or reason to triggering that ball save.

#9946 2 years ago

What size washer? 7/8’’?

A986941B-8ED5-473E-878D-6F54052AAAC2 (resized).pngA986941B-8ED5-473E-878D-6F54052AAAC2 (resized).png
#10264 2 years ago

My enthusiasm has deflated. I’ve had the game 6+ months and I went for nearly a month or more issue free. I was in the driver seat, loving this pin, still playing more than my others (Ended up selling IMDN the other week). But, then I got hit with the double whammy. Spotlight out (appears to be a servo - arm is in tact). While investigating the servo, I saw my playfield chipped at the GNR inlane post.

I haven’t played GNR in nearly 2 weeks. For some reason JJP still hasn’t sent out my replacement servo nor washers. They’ve been super fast on replacements up until this point - they’ve shipped me Flipper Pawls, coil sleeves, magnet, spring, wire harness, etc... all at a rapid pace (days). Now...nothing. Was hoping to have my game up and running for the 3-day weekend. Took action into my own hands to protect the pf and ordered the washers recommended here from pbl last weekend and Hope they get here today or tomorrow.

My distributor has been great. We discussed even selling the game back, but in the end, I’m going to stick this one out and try to get my game back to 100%. I have a replacement magnet I’m going to tackle this weekend, hopefully add washers and Mylar to chipped post and protect other posts. That just leaves the spotlight.

In any case, sorry for the rant but it is needed to lighten the load. Pinball, in general, relieves stress for me; not causes it (until now). So hopefully I’ll be back in the driver seat again.

#10308 2 years ago

Has anyone played with or tried tweaking their inner spinner ‘S’ shot that goes past the pops and up to the lanes? I’m trying to get it more consistent. There’s an adjustment screw next to the spinner that seems to help, I think pitch and flipper power play a key role as well. The lane guide under the ramp has adjustment screws as well but they seem like a pain to get to so haven’t got to play around with that guide so much.

Just curious if anyone else has OCD like me and has tried any other tweaks or experiments with more successful results.

#10331 2 years ago

For what it’s worth, Barry from JJP emailed me today regarding my claim. He said the washers will help prevent damage and making sure the posts are tight on the playfield will help as well.

#10402 2 years ago

Not sure who’s recommending those PETG washers but I got mine today to fix/repair/maintain my chipped post and there’s no way the PETG washer is a good solution, at least for the GNR inlane post. They are bulky! They will mess with the balls trajectory. This is not a fix IMO.

Luckily, I happened to find my clear silicone (titan?) washers that I had been looking for all week. The clear ones are small and don’t cover up the damage, but like my Deadpool chip, it’ll do the trick. I covered the damage with a small bit of Mylar first, then applied the post with the clear silicone. Before and after pictures below.

I’ll stick with this until JJP sends me the replacement washers which is going on 2+ weeks now and they still haven’t shipped them as of yesterday (ridiculous).

My wife came into the game room to check to see what I was doing. She knows nothing about pinball, except anytime I get a new game she gets an iWatch or iPhone haha. In any case I showed her what was going on with GNR and she saw and her first words were, ‘whoa! That’s bad business’. Right?

In any case as of now I’m ok with my maintenance fix for now and plan to play the snot out of this game and pray to the pinball gods it doesn’t get worse. I’ll keep you guys updated.

Before:
ED937AE8-82C4-4A2E-A835-21FDD3AA363D (resized).jpegED937AE8-82C4-4A2E-A835-21FDD3AA363D (resized).jpeg

After:
84C6D36D-BDF2-4ECD-8DD1-07D971ED1038 (resized).jpeg84C6D36D-BDF2-4ECD-8DD1-07D971ED1038 (resized).jpeg

BD4EC134-4A7C-440E-A870-274E5007C7DB (resized).jpegBD4EC134-4A7C-440E-A870-274E5007C7DB (resized).jpeg
#10436 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay...I can't stop thinking about trying to make this work (Damn OCD)..here's a revision with the aRGB powered externally and the data line being split[quoted image]

Pinball OCD is the worst!
Good luck. I’m just happy I can play my GNR again. It’s been 2 weeks, it’s like I’m a virgin again

#10459 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I thought so initially but posts with rubbers are getting hit too. I'd rather leave the rubbers off and preserve the original gameplay intent.

So you’re a shill and a purist

#10475 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I got the email yesterday that my le is shipping next week. I have until Tuesday to decide if I want to hold off another month or not. Any very recent le owners having any issues still, or what are the most recent le games looking like?

Here’s my 2 cents having just lived this playfield issue. I had my game for 6 months before it chipped. Had my Deadpool for over a year before it chipped. If you have a game that has no issues out of the box or after a couple months, it doesn’t make it immune. It might chip, it might not.

Once I fixed and secured my Deadpool chip, over a year ago, it hasn’t gotten worse nor has it bothered me one bit. Now that I have my GNR post safely secured, if it turns out like my Deadpool and doesn’t get worse, I’ll be happy and won’t bother me one bit. Game on!

Take that for what it’s worth. I’d say go for it but if you’re super anal and don’t want that issue hovering over your head or want to go through the extra measures to maintain it, then I’d say wait or even just pull the plug and get your money back.

#10480 2 years ago

Haven’t been able to play in weeks due to chipped post. But now that it’s fixed. Made some other tweaks (pitch adjustments), playing with a new strat (shirt + poster set to cradle more during songs), game is freaking bad ass. I am back baby!

55B17F62-DF6D-4F64-93EA-CBC77B041E56.gif55B17F62-DF6D-4F64-93EA-CBC77B041E56.gif
#10511 2 years ago

Who sells the Mylar rings?

#10519 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just going to order mylar washers from Pinmonk (since he's the only one who can ship to France), but... how many and which size ? I'm assuming the issue is mostly on "small" posts, and 10 units would be enough ?
Regards

Yea I think 10 small will do the job. I ordered 10 medium too just to have as backup or any other future need.

#10532 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

They work in most areas, specifically for the lane post you do have to modify it...here's what I did to mine
I scored a small notch with cutters, then used a file to sand out a small notch/recess..fit's like a glove, doesn't interfere with the ball at all on a 3/4 washer

Yea but look how thick that washer is. Going to mess with the ball trajectory. In a critical path of the game.

#10540 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Hi, I was hoping someone might have some insight/knowledge about GNR LE code updating via wifi in my particular case. I’m still at 1.14 but want to update to current code. I’ve been out of town for 3 months for work and when I left in early March it was 1.14. During the last 3 months I’ve read about multiple issues updating via wifi to 1.15-1.18 I think? Is it finally safe for me to do a wifi update now with the current latest code(1.21 is it?)? I’ve never had any issues updating via wifi previously. Thx for any info!

I think 1.14 was the good one where you can update via WiFi. Just make sure to keep the coin door open the whole time.

#10542 2 years ago

Now that I’m back to playing, thinking about code. Curious to see what Keefer does for album modes and slash solo. Hopefully some kind of reward, a dangling carrot so to speak, for completing them. I’d like to see the album level be boosted too if you make encore. One other thing I hope he codes in a longer delay on releasing powerchord locks, much like he put a delay on the shooter.

#10551 2 years ago

Anyone know what the band items do that appear to be hidden around the game? I’ve gotten antlers before from inner loop and I just got Duffs strap, I believe from the top lanes.

#10553 2 years ago

A few more rules ideas:

• completing an album should give 5-10 mil on top of what was earned in the mode. Plus, automatically lights next song. So player can choose to jump into another song, build their song ball saver, lock balls, or build the song level.

• Slash solo should be playing for an extra ball.

• Desert Demolition. I’d like to see something that incorporates the albums’ song shots:
Wave-1: double talking jive = spin the record
Wave-2: coma = hit coma target 5 times or one time off a right ramp - upper flipper combo.
Wave-3: don’t cry = 4 album targets + pyro
Wave-4: November rain = 60 switch hits
Final wave: live and let die = both ramps and finish the album on the center spinner with a live and let die power chord call out.

For the display, when you complete a wave, one of the DD racers crash and burns and adds to the completion jackpot.

Just having fun thinking out loud. Game is so good, I can play all day...oh wait I have been

#10576 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

Been playing on location and now have one at home.
Any adjustments that people have generally had to make?
Noticed the ball getting stuck bottom of bumpers/jets but there is a rubber on it. Never had this issue on location. Wondering if anyone had to make adjustments for this.

I did some re-dialing in this weekend and currently loving the setup. Here’s some tips:

• bottom bumper: added a small piece of foam on the bumper skirt to prevent ball hang ups. (Sorry don’t have a pic at the moment).

• Pitch: I’m right above the 2nd line. I’ve tried many different pitch levels. I was at the 3rd line for quite awhile but found my loop/ramp combos were off and the inner spinner though the pops never worked. Where I’m at now seems like a real sweet spot. See pic below.
> hint: for playing with pitches get a couple identical hand towels and fold them different ways to add/subtract pitch levels and stick them under legs. Once you find a pitch your happy with, lock it in and remove the towels.

• inner spinner (through the pops): there’s an adjustable screw at the entrance of the inner spinner right at the JAM target. Loosen, then use your thumb / fingers on the middle of the ball guide to push in or out the guide to adjust the guide to your liking. Tighten the screw then test how consistent it makes it through the pops to the top lanes. Readjust as necessary. Keep in mind that shot is designed to go through the pops up to the lanes about 10% of the time. I’ve done a lot of adjusting and happy to be at around 15-20% success now. I have not played with the 2nd half of this shot - guide rail under the ramp > there is 2 adjustable screws for that guide but they seem to be a pain to get at.

• left loop ball guide exit. I used needle nose to ever so slightly bend the exit rail a hair so that returns would come to the flipper and not top of sling shot. May have to play with this one depending on your pitch so you can still combo the right ramp on the loop return.

• flipper power:
> right flipper +3
> left flipper +2
> up rt flipper I think I’m at 19’or 20. You’ll have to play with your own to your liking and consistency.

• other misc adjustments you probably don’t care about but including anyway:
> increased power chord lock time from 15 secs to 20 secs
> lowered song max ball saver time from 60 to 45 secs
> lowered band member ball saver increase time from 15 secs to 10 secs.
> increased # of letters to light mystery by I think 3 or 4. I think I need to spell out GNR completely.

4B66A750-8E0D-4608-8595-4DECF86AEEFB (resized).jpeg4B66A750-8E0D-4608-8595-4DECF86AEEFB (resized).jpeg
#10610 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is anyone else using post it’s with patches ? I’m doing 2 in each bottom corner until I get them down .This is worse than the ACT test.This pin has so much going on like when you get a patch set for a certain song then you think all is good in life until you have to hit that albums target enough times to get the song on deck .Then if that’s not enough hit the scoop to start the song without hitting another target by accident all the while you better have built up your ball locks and song value .Man I do not understand the “nay sayers “ on this one .Must not have tried to play it right I guess .

You can just press the action button when the song is starting (you get 3 seconds) and then pick whatever song you want. That’s what I do, No need to hit death targets.

#10614 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

less scoring if you pick your song brings down the song value .Not sure on the actual amount though .

I’d be curious to know how much too. It Didn’t seem to hinder my 250 mil GC

#10662 2 years ago

I’m sorry, I just couldn’t resist. This issue is making me hysterical, but it’s real.

DBF264F1-5537-46D3-8C49-E976DF68620E (resized).pngDBF264F1-5537-46D3-8C49-E976DF68620E (resized).png
#10663 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm holding the ball flush to the post.
This is the worst case scenario clearance since there is no rubber on that post
You can see the ball completely misses the washer all the way around[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, I may give the PETG washers another go in this location since JJP doesn’t appear to be sending me their kit. Maybe they’re on low stock now haha.

#10726 2 years ago

Impulse buy. Just bought 2 tickets for my wife and I to GNR for the Los Angeles show! I haven’t seen GNR in nearly 30 years (crazy). I’ll be the guy wearing the GNR JJP pinball shirt haha in case anyone else is going

Slash, if you’re reading, and need some pinball competition backstage, hit me up

7CE8F952-C92F-4E59-AC73-5A2F5799FFAA (resized).jpeg7CE8F952-C92F-4E59-AC73-5A2F5799FFAA (resized).jpeg
#10748 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballgas:

Just curious. Looking darkryder pics of the flippers, this is how they come from the factory, and it's easier to backhand the left ramp, but harder to make the loops. But some say lower the flippers, but then you can't backhand the left ramp. It does change the gameplay and getting patches. Just wondering where people have set their flipper positions.
[quoted image]

I’d rather have flipper flow rather than back handable left ramp. I say lower them parallel to the guides. Plus, being able to back hand left ramp can really exploit the rules as well as make the game easier.

#10805 2 years ago

Let’s talk rules.

Fender: active members spot another member. I’ve always assumed this is related to band frenzy. So if AXL is the active member and you shoot him, it’ll spot AXL + 1 other member. Is that accurate? I may be missing something because sometimes it seems like this is the case and other times it doesn’t. It makes me wonder if you have to have band members’ patch to qualify this type of action.

Vader and Duff skull patches light frank and Duff in band frenzy for the rest of the game. Are there any other patches do that for the other members? I noticed melissas candy, AXL rose, and slashes patch do not. But I have sworn I have had them lit at the beginning of the song before. Anyone know?

#10834 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

standard edition on location at game galaxy...
just one of the many posts that looked like this. It’s really ugly in person. Not sure i need this in my life. Decisions decisions.[quoted image]

When mine chipped I wanted to throw the game in the trash. Nearly did a fire sale on it too. After I let my emotions calm down, I spent about 30 mins on preventative maintenance and repair.

After that, threw up 50 plays in a matter of days and still can’t stop playing the dam game, it’s so freakin fun! I am a GNR fan so that helps, but the game is so fun to shoot. I’m a sucker for ramps with targets and this game has 2! I wish target ramps like the right ramp in GNR was more common, feels so good to hit. Surprised it’s not used more often. And when you do a left loop > inner orbit > left ramp or right loop to right ramp, pinball heaven! The inner spinner shot through the pops to the lanes is slowly becoming one of my favorite shots in pinball (but honestly, it will be hard to beat katana ramp, snikt, and colossus in Deadpool), but it’s getting up there.

I think my only gripe on the game now is the album modes risk/reward or lack thereof, desert demolition, and slash solo. Glad I didn’t let emotion take over and fire sale it over the pf.

#10873 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am so exhausted by all the damn playfield posts on here.
Nobody talking about the game any more, it's all "look at my posts" or "mine seems ok I guess I'm lucky."
Does anyone buy pins to, you know, play them?

It can be exhausting but the truth is, this is an issue JJP needs to deal with. It’s not a rare one off exception. Most people are posting the same issues over and over. The problem is real.

That said; I posted about gameplay the other day. You did not respond that said; I’ve learned that Vater and Duff skull patches do appear to light their insert for band frenzy all the time. So if you get those 2 patches, it’s two less shots to get band frenzy. That’s big. I do not know if there are other patches or ways to light other members similarly, but I think there is a way.

Also, I’ve been testing out Fender more to try and get some of my questions answered. It seems most of the time if I have fender and Axl for example is lit for frenzy, hitting him will spot him and one other member on the frenzy revolver. However, there are times when it doesn’t do this and I cannot figure out why. I think it has to do with which members you qualify a ball lock for, but not sure. I will do more glass on testing this week.

Lastly, I remember Eric or Karl mentioning in a stream that there’s other band member items to be collected in the game. I found Duffs bass strap, you get it for a successful left loop > upper flipper loop combo. I’m not sure what the award gives you, nor do I know how to get others’, but I’m open ears.

There you go zaphX - gameplay/rules discussion

#10886 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

We need a god dammed real code update so we can talk about the game
Desert demolition still not coded
Wizard modes severely under valued
Slash solo severely undervalued
Still unfinished/fully coded songs (per devs comments)
Not to mention features that were promised like being able to select a song and play a 6 ball multiball right off the bat, a great feature for guests/parties

I’d like to see the mini mode (i.e. pick a song and see how far you can get) be coded something like this:

• pick a song
• you get 1 ball + a 30 second ball saver
Edit: maybe handicap option for more balls or longer ball saver. Novice, advanced, expert.
• you then have to build up to add more balls via wave completions and/or power chord
• anytime you get all 9 inlane rollovers, you get a +5 second ball saver on the next wave
• band frenzy rules still apply (no fender patch haha)
• whether your crowd meter is maxed at applause jackpot or not, do not give an encore. One song and it’s over.
• no cashing out allowed. You either make it to applause or you don’t.

#10890 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agreed, but I don't see what there is to be gained by everyone posting picture after picture of their playfield issues. There are several other playfield threads.

So this is my patch set (going from memory here):
- Start on Rose (AXL). When you get him, hit action 9 times.
- Now you're on Fender. When you get that, hit action 3 times.
- Now you're on Gibson (Slash). When you get that, hit action once.
- Now you're on Richard. When you get him you're on...
- Duff.
So now you have Axl, Slash, Richard and Duff all qualified. You just need to get 3 characters to start BAnd Frenzy, which you can get by spamming the active character thanks to the Fender patch. Once Band Fenzy begins, feed Richard as many balls as you can to keep the pops busy.

I don’t think band member patches award frenzy inserts. Only Vader and Duff do. I tried an experiment of getting the Rose (Axl) and Gibson (slash) and their frenzy insert was not lit on the frenzy revolver like they are with Duff and frank are.

Or, maybe when you have the band member patches it auto collects their insert when it lights on frenzy? Which is still weird that Duff and Frank are handled differently.

#10895 2 years ago

In my testing; fender in fact will spot you an extra member when you collect the active member for frenzy. But I could have sworn there’s been times where it doesn’t do it but I could be wrong. In all my testing with fender I did yesterday, it would always spot the active member towards frenzy +1 more. Which is how the patch reads.

Example: slash is lit for band frenzy, hit spinning record, collect slash for frenzy. If you have fender patch, it would collect slash +1 other member. This is why the fender patch is the most valuable patch in the game (IMO).

My confusion is how does the game decipher who the other member is on that +1 collect.

#10897 2 years ago

Also, I saw no benefit to having Axl and Slash patches as they relate to band frenzy. They only spotted them pre-song, which is actually really helpful after you play your first song.

#10898 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Is there a way to get to band frenzy on Patience without the Fender patch? I don't remember seeing the keyboard inserts ever active during that song...

This is what eludes to some of my confusion with fender patch. I noticed this exact thing yesterday and had no way of collecting the keyboard insert despite having the fender patch. But I know I’ve gotten band frenzy during patience before.

#10904 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Love this game but I have no idea how it works after 6 months
I went into a song with 163 level song value and got an applause jackpot for 15 million... then I go into encore with a song value or 13 and I get a 45 million jackpot
I don’t get it!

Pretty sure song value cannot get that low. Your encore song value carries over. So no way it can be lower than the previous song. You may have been looking at something else on the display?

#10910 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Little circle on the left side ?

There’s 2. One is album level and the other song level. It is highly doubtful you had a song level of 10 after an encore and/or around the time you had applause lit. Album level is typically at a very low #. Plus, your song level carries over from song to song whether you got encore or not.

#10912 2 years ago

I did a couple quick tests to help answer some questions we’ve been discussing. Here are ‘just the tips’ *snicker*:

• base song level is 10
• if you choose to stick with the default song you get +15 to your song level
• a songs patch appears to add +30 to your song level
• fender patch: if an active member is lit on the band frenzy revolver and you have not collected that member yet, hitting them will collect that member +1 additional for the patch.
• Vader and Duff patches automatically light Frank and Duff for your entire song on the frenzy revolver. As the patch indicates: spot Frank or spot Duff.
• all other band patches appear to award no benefit toward frenzy.
> Melissa awards her tour item. As iepinball pointed out, member tour items raise song value. So this patch raises song value.
> axl (rose) spots axl for rest of game so no need to requalify on follow up songs
> slash (Gibson) same as axl above.

Just the tip: axl and slash patches are great strategy for those trying to make it to the wizard mode
Just the tip (a little deeper): Fender, Vader, Duff skull appear to be the most powerful patches in game for scoring. Stack a song patch on top of those 3 and you’ll be in business.

Enjoy!

#10913 2 years ago

Oh and if you’re playing to try and get as many encores as you possibly can: go Fender, T-Shirt, Poster. The latter 2 is a set to allow you to cradle longer. It can be tricky though as you don’t want to cradle too much near the end of a song or you risk losing a maxed crowd meter and the encore.

#10919 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Maybe if owners and prospective owners were allowed to discuss their issues/concerns, and continue to work through them without being told to leave and that they’re ruining the thread, they’d be less defensive and adamant, and then move on.
That’s how it worked in the Deadpool thread when people discovered the guide rails were scraping off the art. People there actually thanked others for discovering it, and new owners were greeted with a warm welcome and kind suggestions to fix their guides to prevent damage. It was considered common courtesy, not ruining the thread.
Having read both the DP and GNR threads from start to finish, it seems the more people here try to suppress discussions on play field damage the more it gets discussed. Just a thought - let people work through a very real problem and rather than push back, instead post about the other topics you want to discuss to steer the conversation.

Exactly this. I fixed my DP playfield thanks to that owners thread and haven’t had a care in the world since, play the snot out of my DP, and it’s been well over a year. I’m hoping the same comes to fruition with GNR. I don’t have time to flip flop between multiple threads, I tend to just follow owner threads of the games I own on a daily basis. this is the owners thread; let’s discus, adapt, and overcome so we can enjoy the game enough to discuss its gameplay.

#10947 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

What exactly enables the Encore to happen. I often get them but last night I got through three songs in the same game and never got an Encore. I find when I play well it happens. But not sure exactly what triggers the encore. My meter to the right was maxed too and I thought that’s what triggered it.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have to collect the applause jackpot at the end of the song. It’s on a timer, so if you don’t get it, no encore.

Actually, you only need to finish the song with a maxed out crowd meter. If it’s maxed, and you miss the applause JP, you’ll still get an encore.

#10951 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay thanks. I feel like it’s hard to tell if it’s maxed. If it’s on fire, is that maxed?

Yes. On fire and skull rocking out.

#10990 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m starting to have a plan nightly now to try to understand the scoring more .Tonight’s goal get to Jungle with both the gun and rose patch .What other patches (if time lmao) would you suggest ? I was thinking bra/undies for double scoring do these patches stack like that ?

For scoring: fender! Possibly best patch in game.

Next 2 for scoring: Vader and Duff skull. They are right next to each other (and 5 clicks away from fender) so easy to access.

#10991 2 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Hi fellow GnR owners. Game is amazing but I apparently suuuuuuck at it (I've saw someone missed a jackpot larger than my best score lol). What is the best guide on the rules or video that I could watch? The game seems VERY deep in terms of rules in comparison to some of my other pins but I LOVE it and want to suck at it less.

Play your booster multiballs. Collecting Jackpots in those multiballs increase your song level. But better yet, use the multiballs to help collect patches.

Learn how to light jackpots for all the boosters. A jackpot will typically light up with a bright rainbow looking insert:
• lights multiball: qualify the jackpot after hitting a certain # of ramps. The jackpot will light at the left loop and move clockwise around the pf every few seconds until collected. If it’s not collected after 2 full rotations, it will go away and ramp shots will be needed to relight.
Single, double, triple jackpot can be collected on one of the following shots:
> loops = triple jackpot
> ramps = double jackpot
> scoop = single jackpot

• AMP multiball: qualify the jackpot after hitting X amount of yellow hurry ups. Jackpots will light for following shots:
> under upper flipper = triple jackpot
> upper loop shot = double jackpot
> scoop = single jackpot

• crowd multiball: one shot lights Teal, qualify the jackpot after hitting an X amount of Teal shots. Collect the only jackpot under the upper flipper.

• Pyro multiball: switch frenzy. Jackpot lights after X amount of switch hits. Collect with action button - time it with the bar on display for single, double, triple jackpot.

Locking balls helps boost song level scoring as well.

Learn how to qualify band frenzy during a song. The fender patch helps considerably for collecting band members for band frenzy.

Last tip: don’t drain

#10992 2 years ago

Another helpful tip. Use your right ramp and the JAM lanes to get two inserts lit, then move them to the GNR lane for a patch collect.

#11006 2 years ago

Perhaps some hidden technology with how they made the playfields. Like in 6 months our chipped playfields will be back to normal.

7465EFF4-7174-47BD-9E90-4CCC790A06F3.gif7465EFF4-7174-47BD-9E90-4CCC790A06F3.gif
#11036 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Found this today in the bottom-back of the cabinet. Nothing malfunctioning at this point. I've been in the cab several times doing other things and this screw wasn't there, so pretty sure this isn't just a loose extra.
Any ideas where it might have dropped from?[quoted image]

Check the playfield/cabinet guide rails. While your screw looks to be a different color, it looks to be the same size as mine which fell out and eventually caused the playfield to sink into the cabinet on the right side one day when I was putting the playfield back in. Yea that was a fun day

1DA543C6-B65A-4CE0-881C-51E3E5F66368 (resized).jpeg1DA543C6-B65A-4CE0-881C-51E3E5F66368 (resized).jpeg
#11110 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I have all my leg levelers screwed all the way in per the jjp recommendation. What pitch are you guys all at, or did you stick with factory recommendations of levelers all the way in?

Not sure what pitch I’m at now, but the bubble just above the 2nd line has been great.

#11125 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well I would feel ashamed to charge 400 bucks for something that simple...

Welcome to the world of pinball and modding. Buy a $5 toy on Amazon, put a light and wire in it and charge $150. You could always make a $50 plastic topper and charge $500, or say it’s limited and pull charge $1k sweet job with your lighting btw.

#11199 2 years ago

Agreed. Game absolutely kicked my ass this weekend. But I was working on a new strategy, cash out strategy, where my avg scores went up, but not my peek scores. Trying to get to the wizard mode and such; which I did not get to

#11240 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Wife is out of town, so I am going to have a lot of time to work on machines this weekend. Not much needs to be done to GnR except for adjusting the spinning disc and replacing the action button mech, however, I do want to spend a little more time on the playfield issues. Has anyone concluded the BEST method to mitigate further damage to the playfields? I have plastic washers, steel washers, JJP washers, mylar rings, Cliffy rings, vinyl iron, and pretty much anything else that has been mentioned in this thread. There are tears around the upper posts that I had covered with plastic washers but the damage has expanded. The lower posts had some pooling but seem to be stable for now. Thank you for everyone's input on this thread!

I don’t think anyone has the magic answer which is why the issue continues to fester. If JJP can give us owners a constructive answer it would reduce a lot of the backlash and calm the storm, I’m sure.

That said, from personal experience with both GNR and Deadpool, Mylar has certainly helped prevent further damage. Couple that with a washer for safe keeping and you should be good on areas that have chipping.

For pooled areas, I’m not sure - either PETG washer or double wrap it with Mylar ring + factory washer (or PETG washer).

#11271 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve never noticed this .The pin has been very fast thinking for me lmao .So much going on it’s awsome .

Next time you’re in between balls, check to see if any of the inlanes have an insert lit. If so, press one of the flipper buttons and watch how they cycle lane to lane.

If you have 2 inserts on JAM inlane, for example, and you press left flipper, those 2 inserts will cycle to the GNR inlane. Press again and they’ll move to the JAM inlane.

#11332 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

This pretty much confirms it - JJP is just silently implementing mitigation measures to minimize the damage to the crap Mirco fields. Whether or not they're using the info they read here on Pinside (oh, you KNOW they're reading Pinside all the time, right?) or they are figuring this stuff out on their own, I guess we'll never know. Because they haven't said a peep about anything.
But know this: any of you who are sharing your fixes for things and those fixes get used on the production line, you are essentially "working" for JJP without getting paid. They are basically using Pinside as a crowd-sourced supply of brains and info on the cheap.
That's nice.

Honestly, what do you want JJP to do or say? It seems like they are working their hardest to get this resolved. Did stern put out a release or any notice about their playfields chipping, ghosting, bow’d, etc…? The only company that I know that came out publicly about it was Spooky.

If JJP did nothing, I’d be pissed. But they are obviously not based on new games. I got a package from JJP the other day (requested by me to my distributor), I haven’t opened it yet - weekend project. But I suspect it’s their washer kit + my replacement spotlight. I think the service guys at JJP, Barry and Steve, have been doing excellent work through all these hiccups and road bumps.

I was so angry when my post chipped, mainly cause I was sucked in by all the non owner haters with pitch forks around here. But know what happened a couple weeks of not playing GNR and when the smoke settled in my mind? I took 10 minutes out of my day to repair the post, played it, and realized I own one of the best games ever made. Now get on that code Keefer!

#11344 2 years ago

Hey Zaphx is no longer here. Someone’s gotta take the kool-aid and spike it some

#11428 2 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
I got the call from JJP that my machine is very close to shipping. I am really torn about going ahead with the purchase. I have been super excited about the game, and the one-of-a-kind gameplay experience it offers. And it combines our families passion for live music with pinball. But it is heartbreaking to see all of the playfield issues and other quality issues with the game. Any word on what these new post kits are that JJP is shipping out? I have hopes that can help keep the playfield issues at bay. So ultimately, the tough question is, is the game really worth it given all of the challenges to keep the game going? Are there a lot of GNR owners that are happy with the game? I know I see some here on the forum, but they seem to be drowned out by so many folks having problems with the game.
Thanks,
MacJedi

I say go for it! The game and experience are worth it. If you do get a chipped post (I did), you will get angry. But if you maintain it, the anger will slowly disperse and you will be able to enjoy the game again. It is one of the best in my opinion.

#11429 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have a new magnet coil on the way as well. Turns out there is a fuse under the coil wrapper that blows. I guess it is not easily replaceable because they just mailed me an entire new coil.
Maybe they have addressed this issue with coding so it won't happen again. But I have no idea if they have or not.

My magnet blew about 4 mos back (1.06 code?). JJP sent a replacement that I let sit for months. With the game at 1.22, I decided to put the new coil in a couple weeks ago. It was fairly easy, but does require soldering. So far so good with the new magnet - fingers crossed. So sweet to hit that extra ball shot through the pops with the magnet.

#11496 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks. I'm sure you are correct.
Went back and looked at my email from Jersey Jack and they did call it a fuse. Oh well. Either way it failed. lol.

You can bypass the switch if you want. I got a new coul from JJP and replaced it. So far so good on the latest code.

#11521 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

People seem to feel more code is coming but I’m not sure why they feel that way. I’ve not seen any statement either way from JJP…not that JJP ever says much on this topic.

Boy, If they deem this complete, then I’d be concerned.

• Demolition Derby isn’t coded.
• scoring balances
• slash and album modes need more incentives.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that Keefer was working on these things. But it could be just another falsified rumor.

That said; I’ve got a new strategy that has significantly increased my average scores (not peek scores). I’ll go in more depth later, but it’s basically cashing out of songs once you light the extra ball, and getting right back into a song with the help of patches and jam target. Minimal use of boosters. Surprisingly, on my 6th song last night, I had my jackpot up to 115 mil, it would have been my highest score with this new strat; with approx 15-20 secs left in the song, I double drained! Lol.

#11613 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

I guess I better pop open an energy drink before I start playing again then!

66D6D1DB-0BD4-4298-B742-2F2CAB6E29A1.gif66D6D1DB-0BD4-4298-B742-2F2CAB6E29A1.gif
#11619 2 years ago

I guess I better pop open an energy drink before I start playing again then!

I feel 6 balls is a little much on this layout. I decreased my max song ball saver and increased the powerchord timer to help with it. I’ll dig in this weekend to see if there’s more settings to help the clutter, but overall Once you learn how to camp balls in the powerchord lock, it’s not so bad.

#11625 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve thought of increasing the song ball save time just to let balls drain as they take a little time to come back in play .Just to try to get more time with 1-2 balls before the chaos begins.Any thoughts on this theory?

Doesn’t sound good in theory to me. But does get me thinking. I wonder if KEEFER can use his brainpower to create some kind of rule:
• reduce ball saver time drastically
• songs start with one ball
• lockdown bar button is then used to add your additional ‘locked’ balls into play. So if you have 4 locked balls at the beginning of a song, then you get to use the action button at anytime to add a ball into play. The more balls you have in play, the higher your song level. out lane switch temporary disables the action button.

I don’t know. Food for thought. A little late in the game to change those rules though probably.

#11628 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That’s very interesting I like it .Either way I love this pin it’s so exiting .It’s just if you do what’s correct and lock the 6 it’s so hard to hit anything your aiming for .I find myself just starring at the flippers until I get down to 3 balls .

Agreed. One strategy I’ve been going with lately is not necessarily going for boosters and just get into a song quickly as possible. I can usually build one ball up to 4 fairly quickly. Then if I drain to 1 ball, cash out, and rush to get back into a song. It’s been working well and finding some good results with score as well. Plus, it lets me go for other patches I normally don’t go for, like horn hands or poster/tshirt combo to trap up safely.

#11669 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Is there a magnet in this game? If so where and what is it's purpose?

Top lanes. Used to grab ball when AXL is lit for frenzy or collecting out of song. And also for a cool extra ball effect.

#11672 2 years ago

Just the Tip:
For those of you who don’t like Desert demolition or thirst for carnage and/or aren’t a fan of the high risk / low reward, go into settings and set those modes to easy.

#11675 2 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I have a few questions on my CE GNR that maybe someone can answer.
1. My spotlights were not moving in all 4 directions especially the right spotlight when facing the machine. JJP sent me new ones and I finally got around to replacing them this morning. The spotlights move in all 4 directions but the right spotlight does not have as big of a range of motion as the left spotlight. It is better than the old one, but still does not move in as big of a range of motion as the left one. Is this normal?
2. I noticed that when I first started playing the game the right diverter would work so the ball would feed to the right upper flipper instead of the inlane. I haven't seen that happen in a while so I did a the diverter test. It worked in test mode but it did make a loud humming noise to divert down and it also said cooling (see picture) after going up on the machine. Is this normal? If so, in what mode does the diverter go down so I can actually test in the machine while playing to see if it works.
3. I found these screws just sitting in the cabinet. They are about a cm long. Any ideas where they go?[quoted image][quoted image]

1. Make sure you’re on 1.22 code. They did limit their movement with that code. You may still have a problem though so sorry if this isn’t much help.

2. There’s an insert under right ramp (backstage?) that lights when the diverter is going to activate. Civil war is a perfect song to play to test it as its always lit.

3. Sorry can’t help ya.

#11795 2 years ago
Quoted from HeyZeusss666:

I posted pics of the fans installed on my ce a couple weeks ago in the CE thread lol.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-game-6-collector-s-edition-/page/67#post-6329142

My average scores have increased quite a bit. I just set my new GC at 229 mill!! My name is heyzeusss666 if you want to follow me on scorbit.

Nice score! I need to start using scorbit again. Haven’t used it in 6+ months. But sounds like they’ve done quite a few updates so might be worth trying again.

#11803 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Looks like my level is installed upside down. I will try and turn it around tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Maybe you’re supposed to just jack up the front legs super high.

#11864 2 years ago
Quoted from Billekletser:

Thanks swampy! I will do that. 1,21 atm... but maybe i should wait a little longer or is there much difference?

Make sure you leave the coin door open during the update. I know that was an issue in the past.

#11898 2 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Anyone know how to get extra balls? I’ve noticed mystery award and also patch set Gibson, vater, amp and Marshall. Must be more though.

Complete all 9 inlanes during a song, you’ll get the option to light extra ball IF you cash out.

#11941 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Anyone have 1.22 live update fail with “update failed to verify” the image?
[quoted image]

Haven’t seen that yet. But did you leave the coin door open during update? If not, try that.

#12183 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders36:

70M Rocket Quenn JP last night.
Had all the black patches, fender etc. Rocket patch and had band frenzy x2 or 3. Rest of game was a bust though only got to 89 M.
So many different ways to attack with patches. Still confused why sometimes it will give me credit for 2 lights to complete the patch from upper playfield and others just one light.

I believe it’s a bug / opto switch issue. I think the ball sometimes triggers the switch double. I put a small piece of drop dead ball foam down there to help the ball get out of that spot quicker and no longer get double GNR lane triggers.

All in all, a design issue as I’ve seen it in many GNR streams, but could easily be corrected with code.

#12190 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’d like to hear from a few people on the first 3-4 patches they go for when they start the game. Do you always focus on these same patches?
Prior to getting these patches, do you prioritize locking balls or letting them fall back down to light the gnr inserts?
I’m focusing first and foremost on fender, vater and duff skull before I start locking balls

Fender seems to be the best and always the first one I go for, typically. Vader and Duff seem like the next best as they spot 2 members for frenzy, Duff and Richard (left ramp + inside spinner). But I’ll throw a wrinkle into this. I’ve been skipping Vader early on (until I’m ready for my 4th sponsor patch to light extra ball), reason being, not having Richard (the inner spinner) auto spotted for frenzy gives a better chance at using that shot with fender to light one of the harder to get band members, mainly AXL.

…and so the onion peels even further.

#12416 2 years ago

Has anyone experienced what seems to be sporadic auto plunge to start the next players ball even with the setting on never? The action button and flipper plunge settings are off as well. Running v 1.22

Yes. Happens every once in awhile. Check your sensor harness under the playfield. See if it’s perfectly nicked like the pic below. You may need a new harness - I’m on my 3rd and suspect it gets nicked when lifting the pf or putting it back.

D7B77DEF-E646-419A-A632-1CDA5707A874 (resized).jpegD7B77DEF-E646-419A-A632-1CDA5707A874 (resized).jpeg
#12429 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks for the heads up. Will check that area out on my game before I even play it, may put some electrical tape on that side or something.

It’s quite bizarre, so curious what other owners find. For me, once I noticed the nick in the harness the first time, I figured it came like that from factory. JJP sent me a new one, I replaced it, all was good. Then a couple months later I got a random auto ball launch, and then another, and was like wtf? Sure enough, the new harness had the same exact nick in it, but much more minor. JJP sent me out another new one which I haven’t replaced yet, but may do that this weekend since I got another auto plunge the other night.

#12430 2 years ago

Anyone know what the ‘fog’ insert represents on the mini pf?

#12434 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You need to remove gate and add 2 washers to slightly lower it and the issue will be gone. Several have posted this fix in the thread.

I second this.

#12472 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Giving GnR a cleaning and discovered this threaded post. Am I missing something?
[quoted image]

Mines the same.

#12531 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Played 1 game, absolutely amazing, wife was happy to beat me lol.
Have 1 issue. The tight lock release is not going up on its own. Throughout a game I noticed it very slowly starting to come up. Once down again the process would repeat. In the test coil menu I can triggering the right coil release did nothing, just a slight noise. Activating the left lock release coil repeatedly caused the right one to slowly go up.
Any suggestions? Thank you.
[quoted image]

Take a look underneath. This happened to mine but had two issues; the bolt holding the lock was loose and the coil sleeve was worn to a hilt. Doubt your sleeve will be bad though with it so new so check the bolt.

#12538 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anyone know what activated the not in this lifetime divertor after the ball leaves the drumsticks?
I’ve only seen it come down twice.

Look at the big yellow insert under the right ramp, labeled ‘Detour’. When it’s lit, the diverter will go off.

Civil war is notorious for using the diverter. But once you start recognizing that detour insert, you’ll notice it’s used quite a bit.

#12581 2 years ago
Quoted from Bing_Party:

Thank god you posted this. I am about to get my LE as it comes in 2 weeks. At least I know they are addressing the issue with the posts. But I am still scared to death.

While it does suck, try not to let it bother you too badly. It could be worse, it could be a stern with chipped ball guides. Why JJP is under the heat ray so much more than stern baffles me. I’d rather have a chipped post that can be fixed and concealed with a Mylar ring + washer than a chipped ball guide that will be an eye sore for life. Welp, that’s pinside tunnel vision.

As for the game, it’s unlike any other game. Completely amazing. So roll the dice with a samey stern and their playfield issues or go all in with something completely different that is filled with Adrenalin. That said, and all BS aside, GNR does take quite a bit to dial in and get playing right. But when you find the sweet spot, holy hell what an experience in sound, gameplay, shots, combos, code, and rules. All that’s really missing is a complete ruleset, faith in Keefer and team to bring it home!

#12614 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:"It's so easy" they said... Yes, perhaps, if you just want 1,000,000 point scores. I want 25,000,000+++ jackpots and song levels at 100+. So I just try to max out booster multi balls and go for scoring based patches while trying to lock all 6 balls and then start the song.
Ball 1... Got some patches, some boosters, locked a few balls, start song is lit!!! I'm not ready yet, need more boosters / patches / balls locked. Crap, there it goes down the drain. Ball 2, start song still lit, but I might as well lock a few more balls, go for more patches, and more boosters. Down the drain again. Ball 3 - okay, I think I have my song level up high enough, time to lock this last ball and start the song! Down the drain! Best I could do last night was around 30,000,000 with a 25,000,000 applause jackpot on Chinese Democracy. Far cry from my 55,000,000 Paradise City applause jackpot and 82,000,000+ score.
Love this game.
Speaking of song levels, I actually had it say MAX one time. Does anyone happen to know how high it goes over 100 till you get it to say MAX? I've had 136 recently, I think I saw over 160 song level at one point.

Dude this game is freaking fantastic. For the longest time I tried putting all my eggs in one basket just trying to max song level and ball locks before going into song. Lately, I’ve been trying to get into songs quicker, lighting the extra ball, then cashing out. And in some cases, sometimes Saving boosters like lights, crowd, pyro for down the road as those 3 progressively get harder and harder to start. But, sometimes that doesn’t always work and I find myself changing up strategy on the fly more and more.

1000+ plays in and had to share the agony of defeat in a game I had last weekend. I was crushing the game, cashing out at the right times, while making encore at times as well. Going into my last ball, I had everything lit for the wizard mode except tear down the wall. I was pushing 100+ mil and riding high. Started you could be mine and barely survived the 3 minutes to qualify the final album mode. Cashed out and Started ‘tear down the wall’ - my favorite of the 4 album modes. I had the UYI2 patch to make the mode easier. I got all the shots destroyed except one. Cradled with ball in left flipper, all I needed was a hit on the slash record to light the final shot with action button, finish the mode, and start the wizard mode. Potentially 2 shots away from starting it. And………I hit the slash record, with it spinning the ball went way out of control, I had 0 tilt warning from a slap save on the previous ball, with the ball entering the center drain I went for a slap save and pulled it off, and then TILT! 150+ mil final score, HS#1. Had to share to relive the moment. Wizard mode is in my grasp.

#12616 2 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Found some more bad spots on my GNR SE very disappointing first and last JJP game for me.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sucks for sure. Mylar ring + JJP black washer and you’ll be back in biz.

#12637 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I adjusted the lower flippers downward and it makes the left ramp much easier to hit.
The inner loop via the upper right flipper is still hard to hit. It is probably just me but is there an adjustment of some kind I could do to make the inner loop easier to hit?

Try playing with your power settings for that upper flipper. It originally came defaulted at 2 20 (I think). One of the code updates changed the default down to about 12. I have mine at 19 currently, but may lower it a tick or two more.

Pitch can also play a factor so you may want to play with that. I’ve tried all sorts of pitch levels; I currently have the bubble just over the 2nd line - haven’t measured the actual pitch with my level recently though but I suspect it’s around 7deg.

#12658 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"36ebbcd1517a2410d982c41329612bdf181a069f-1626925677-1800"};
//]]>

… 1st time since February that I came back from a COMA … looks amazing that light at the end of the bed, and I wasn’t expecting that lol!
Not the best record but a record is a record
[quoted image]

I love coma multiball. Especially when you string together multiple super jackpots and the guitar licks get more and more intense. Would love to see it added as some kind of mini mode you could play vs others.

EDIT: like a 90 second, unlimited ball save. Highest score wins.

#12664 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Do the GNR letters for patches time out? What I mean by that is that for example I will collect the G and then it will disappear shortly after and I will have to collect it again before collecting the N.
I would think once you collect the G it would stay collected and let you collect the next letter (N).

Hitting flipper buttons toggles the letter from lane to lane (AMP - GNR - JAM).

#12669 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Does partial progress within Coma get carried over ball to ball as it is in WoZ's "There's no place like home" left outlane resurrection mode?

Good question. There is a setting to carry over progress of lighting COMA from ball to ball. But I don’t think it carries over actual mode progress, I could be wrong (wouldn’t be the first time lol). The mode is also not as elaborate or difficult as WOZ TNPLH, so progression carry over really isn’t needed.

That said, if you complete COMA and happen to qualify it again, it does become progressively more difficult to complete.

#12704 2 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

you guys are way more informed about the rules than me. I'm jealous. I have no idea after 300-400 plays what to do in multiball or song modes. I just try to survive.
Is it as simple as hitting lit shots like on Wonka? I feel like wonka is more obvious than this game for multiball objectives. maybe I'm wrong
I feel like the lit shots are moving and shifting during the modes/multiballs. admittedly, I'm super new at this game, but love the hell out of it.
Hog

Give it time. The first part is learning the construct of the song modes (i.e. the basic objectives) which are:
1. Song: Hitting lit ‘song’ shots to progress the song value and light the scoop ‘green’ to make it to the next level of the song.

2. Band Frenzy: Understanding the revolver inserts in front of the flippers. If a band member is flashing, and you hit their corresponding shot (i.e. slash’s hat his flashing, hit the slash record), it will award that band member and lock them in solid white. Do that for all band members and you’ll get band frenzy which is a timed switch frenzy. Note: bottom right corner of main display shows the revolver and which member is active and which member will be next.

3. Power chord: plant balls in the guitar lock. Lock all active balls and get a power chord jackpot + add a ball. Be careful of the lock release

4. Extra Ball: getting all 9 in lanes lit (JAM, GNR, AMP) will give you the option to light extra ball, IF you cash out of the song.

After you learn those rules. The next part is learning each songs rules. I’m 1000+ plays in so have a good grasp on most of all the songs rules. I recommend starting with the use your Illusion II songs. You could be mine and civil war are two of the hardest songs to play, but they are the easiest to learn the objectives because their shots don’t move around so much.

Maybe I’ll do a breakdown for dummies so to speak for each song. But not now, I’m at work

#12712 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Thanks SKB! Great info - much appreciated!

No sweat. Game is bad ass. I had a lot of mixed feelings at first, and besides a lot of up front tweaking and adjusting the pitch every other week to test the shots and combos, it’s really taken off in the Adrenalin/fun factor for me.

Looking forward to seeing how you like it down the road.

#12742 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

So my game is continuing to auto launch balls despite my efforts to correct the issue. I’ve replaced both trough boards at this point, adjusted the target at the end of the skill shot area but not sure what else to try. I noticed that every time it launches it scores the skill shot so I’m guessing it must be some sort of sensor issue? I’m still a little green to these types of fixes but if anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate hearing em!

Try this. With the game off. Reseat the connector harness for the skill shot sensors located directly under them under playfield.

#12799 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Ooooh... Yeah, can't help with that. No patch, no song. This has me curious though, how hard is it to unlock patches on a pro? There's the left inlane, but on the LE/CE you can also drain the upper playfield(which I do to cut some time). Is there another option besides the inlane on the pro?

Just the ramp to the inlane. I imagine it would be very exploitable to get patches on the SE. Anytime my upper pf diverter is up, left+right ramp combos can grab a few quick patches. And if your game is setup to backhand the left ramp, you can do it all day since it’s a slow safe feed back to the flipper (for the most part). On the LE, taking the lane award drain shot puts the ball out of control, so much more dangerous to exploit.

#12809 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It’s definitely easier that’s for sure since you can lock balls and light the gnr lane with one shot

I’d say it’s easier in that aspect. Might be harder, more intense keeping 4-6 balls going. I’d be annoyed if I didn’t have somewhere to plant balls (i.e guitar lock) while in song modes.

#12831 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

It was mentioned before, but the guitar lock is a blessing for helping with Multiball management for sure. At least it gives a little bit of a break to the somewhat insanity that can be happening when you have all 6 going around the playfield.

There is a setting to increase the power chord lock timer. Default is 15 seconds (refreshes anytime a new ball is added). I increased mine to 20 seconds - to compensate, I lowered my max ball save from 60 secs to 45 secs.

One thing I don’t like about the powerchord is even though lock releases don’t send the balls down the middle; when you release 3,4,5 balls etc… so quickly, they collide and I’ll usually end up with 2 or 3 balls in play after getting a 6 ball powerchord jackpot. Is what it is but that’s my justification for increasing the timer 5 seconds haha

#12851 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Hopefully JJP is using the money they collected for this round to pay for a new Playfield manufacturer

If I’m being selfish (and yes I am), this is a blessing in disguise. It gets the band wagoners to jump off and go elsewhere leaving the real players stick around and enjoy one of the most epic games ever

#12907 2 years ago
Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

Hello all!
I've had our G&R CE (#098) since February and probably logged about 3,000 games. Absolutely love the game and we play it every single day at least once since we received it. Lately my game has been doing something, well actually for a while now, that I can't determine if it is part of normal play or if I need to adjust my diverter. So when playing with a single ball often times the ball will pop around the playfield towards the top, and roll off to the left in the lane under the ramp diverter that moves up and down. I've noticed that several times the ball will get stopped by the diverter touching the top of the ball and held in place. The game will wait a few seconds, a few lights blink and then the ball is released. I think it's normal because the game doesn't do the typical firing of switches as if it was looking for a lost ball. It seems like this trapping of the ball is intentional, but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to adjust the bottom of the diverter up 1/8" to miss the ball. Every single time without fail if I am distracted when the diverter finally releases the ball it will go down the right side out lane and I lose the ball. If I'm anticipating the ball drop I can nudge the game and all is well. I just wanted to see if this is all part of normal gameplay and programming. Honestly we've played so much I can't recall if the game did this from day one. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Doesn’t sound normal to me. When the ball exits the upper pf there, it should roll and exit that loop entrance freely without the diverter interfering. I think PanzerFreak just posted a similar issue, so may need to tweak the diverter height?

Now the ball going straight to the outlane has happened on mine. I believe others spoke about it too and think the lane guide can be easily adjusted for it and/or you can try playing with your pitch level.

#12954 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Is there a preferred vendor to get the washers to repair the posts? Thanks.

I got Mylar washers from Pinmonk through Pinside store. They seem really good, and pinmonk is awesome. Support his products with confidence.

As for washers, I believe pinball life has a GNR kit. Some say JJP won’t send kits out to owners but they did for me, maybe it’s cause I had a chipped post?

#12982 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Are there any long time experience with that ? Seems that there is still no official fix for that, or am I wrong?

So I’m on my 2nd magnet coil. It went out about a month ago, or so I thought. The day after it went out, I went on vacation. When I got back from vacation it was working again! So either I was cracked out when I thought it was out, or the new coils have an auto reset built into the thermal switch. Either case my new coil has been working solid for a few months now.

#13072 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

“Applause Jackpot is lit!!!”
As I have 3 locked and 3 bouncing around in the pops pushing that jackpot over 80k during band frenzy and... time out.

Brutal!

#13095 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

what keeps balls on or releases balls off the gibson head? the code is tough to figure out.

During a song: if you lock a ball, there’s a timer in top left corner of display. If it gets to 0 it releases all balls, locking subsequent balls before timer runs out will reset it. Get all balls in play in the guitar for a powerchord jackpot.

During standard play: lock a ball, it’ll stay there and put a new one in shooter. If you’re in a booster multiball, it’ll lock a ball towards your total locks, and then release it back into the booster multiball play.

#13121 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Not only does it resets the timer it also multiplies the jackpot for powerchord when you collect it by locking all the balls.

I thought it just added the multiplier; didn’t know it reset timer, good to know!

#13133 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Ok y'all give it to me straight.
Did we decide plastic washer or mylar washer or some other washers were best to put on? I think I might have a bubble starting and need to stop that ish now!
Links are appreciated.
Thanks.

JJP will send you their washer kit if you have a chipped post. Otherwise, buy the same exact washer kit from pinball life. Sorry no link at the moment.

#13161 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Jack thinks the playfield issues are from people damaging them .
The bullshit starts at 22:30
https://www.podbean.com/ea/dir-p6mbh-f7d2079

Quick disclaimer: I haven’t heard the whole interview. But my 2 cents:

I was ok with my chipped playfield as I was able to protect it and cover it with a washer (mad at first, yes, but good overall). I am ok with buying a replacement pf at cost ($500-$800 2x playfields + shipping) for peace of mind - although how much is it going to cost if I ever need a swap? Certainly not doing it myself, not on a JJP game. I have had good overall customer experience with JJP - they have addressed every issue I’ve had in a very timely manner. I am overall satisfied with GNR and JJP. But….for jack to elude to the fault of playfield issues on ME, as if it’s my fault for the playfield chipping because I played the game?!? Now that ticks me off a bit. I did nothing to my game to modify, I did not add 3rd party washers, posts, or any protection. It chipped on its own merit after about 600 plays in home use environment. I am the only one who plays the game. All in all, whatever…love the game and the team at JJP, but I would have felt much better about the whole thing without hearing that comment from Jack.

Anyway, back to GNR. I’m not in the beta program - has there been any real updates lately or just beta? I think I’m on 1.22. Don’t recall seeing a real update hit in months. Hopefully they’re trying to squash a lot of bugs at the same time of adding a lot of polish and balance.

#13207 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

How is the LCD screen removed? I’m trying to install the Tibetan Breeze cooling fans and need to get to the power board behind it and don’t want to force anything.

I think you pull where it says to pull and it swings open.

#13209 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

Does it take some force because it isn’t necessarily easy?

Not at my game now and only did it once. But Yea I remember it did.

#13243 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

My left spotlight seems to be stuck in the down position. When running the device spotlight test it never moves up, it will move left and right. Seems like it started with Beta 15, but that could be coincidence. Is it suppose to always be pointed down on the upper playfield?
[quoted image]

One of mine stopped moving one direction (right I think). Contact your distributor and JJP. They will send you a new full assembled one; you will have to send the broken one back within 30 days as an RMA or you’ll have to pay $100~

#13261 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Anybody up for some gameplay discussion?
I have had the game for enough time to form some impressions and make some software tweaks.
I found I could keep rolling and rolling as extra balls seemed plentiful. At one point I had 5-6 balls in reserve. I basically turned extra balls off on my game. Getting the opportunity to earn an EB through the lanes, AND by cashing out the song just seems bonkers for home use. There should be some balancing there.
I also turned down the max ball save time on songs to 30 seconds (from the default 60). That was a big improvement IMO. It makes it harder to just punt balls and go for a 6 ball power chord JP as well. Less absolute chaos in multiball, and more time spent making shots and trying to get that add-a-ball in the scoop.
Speaking of add-a-ball, I set the limit there to be 5 arbitrarily. That is the change I am least certain of so far.
And something I have mixed feelings on are the patches. I don't mind the complexity they bring. I can just see them grinding any sort of competitive game to a halt. I am not sure what the best call is there, e.g. just give them out randomly, in some sort of order or ?
A personal quirk is I spend so much time collecting patches via the left ramp that almost every time I start a song it is from one of the two albums on that ramp (and more often than not Chinese Democracy).
What does the game do well as-is? The "pre-song" and "song" split of the game is interesting. Feels like you are getting set up for a show, then you have to perform. I like pushing my luck for a mega song JP, and love to hate the feeling of draining towards the end of a song because I was too greedy.
I look forward to wacthing the software keeps progressing, there is already a lot of ability to tweak the difficulties down to different song mode settings. The Desert Demolition mode seems fun so far in its Beta stage, balancing using your boost and making a shot to take out another driver (band member).
Anyways, that is enough typing for now, does anybody want to talk about gameplay vs. just mods and playfield issues?

Patches: make sure you can’t backhand the left ramp and patch collecting becomes much harder. if you can get a booster mb going then lock 6 balls, you can exploit patches. But that’s rare. Sometimes I can get a bunch, sometimes I die trying.

Extra Balls: it progressively gets harder to light the eb through songs.you sacrifice jackpot and song level build to cash out and light eb. All in all the EBs can be excessive, but The way album modes and slash solo is programmed, you need those extra balls to progress.

I decreased my max ball song save to 45 secs. I do wish there was a more creative way to program the ball saver. Like mike it a short ball saver but ways to trigger it throughout the song, i.e. every 2nd or3rd level boost.

I think this game gets a bad wrap on flow and shot satisfaction. Perhaps it comes down to setup, but I find both ramps (especially hitting targets off the ramps) and the loops extremely satisfying. But, my favorite shot lately is the center spinner > through the pops > up the whizzly do to the top lanes > and then collecting the extra ball.

Thirst for carnage needs some more creativity built into it.

Desert demolition is complete waste as is.

Wall and Chinese democracy modes are perfect.

Slash solo needs a dangling carrot for completing or much bigger payoffs. It should only be allowed once per game too.

#13263 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Great comments! Any ideas on making the left ramp less backhandable? I admit I keep trapping on the left flipper, making the ramp, rinse repeat...
I love the center spinner shot as well, mine dumps into the pops most of the time though (which is helpful to collect Frank (drums). So not sure if your games are set up differently there?

Droop the flippers a tad so they’re parallel with the inlane guides.

For the center spinner, I loosened the JAM target, and moved it a hair to the left and retightened. Then, there’s an adjustable screw right at the entrance of the guide rail, loosen > put pressure on the center of the guide to slightly bend the exit more straight > retighten. Lastly, I’ve noticed that setting the pitch with the bubble just over the 2nd line helps a lot. In fact, you might want to start with pitch.

EDIT: all In all through the pops to the top lanes is fairly rare but those adjustments help.

#13315 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Oh wait. think I misunderstood. So I didn’t get the applause jackpot and it went to encore…shut down flippers and i had to relaunch. I assume I am missing out by not getting the applause jackpot?

Applause jackpot collects the song jackpot value. So if you miss that, you’re out of luck.

Encore is based on the skull rock meter on the right of display. If it’s maxed and rocking out with flames you’ll get to go into an encore song whether you collect applause or not.

It’s risk/reward. I played 3 songs in a row once from encore but didn’t collect a single applause jackpot so my score was very very low. Yes, you can cash out early as it’s the safe bet, but you lose out on points.

All in all the game is situational; the reward for continuing to go for encore’s is points. The reward for cashing out early can be extra balls, progression towards wizard mode, play some more of the side objectives, or rebuild your song level more adequately.

#13372 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow, the rubbers JJP are using on GNR are shit. 2 snapped in under 60 plays.

I wonder if they get bad batches or something? You’re not the first person to stare this. Personally, I’m 9 mos and 1100 plays in and besides flippers, I’ve only had one snap - the one on the far left below the exit of the left loop guide, and that was just recently. *knocks on wood*

#13403 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Ok.... About 2 weeks in owning this game in my basement. Pretty steady play but not on location style and we take care of our games.
I'm fairly concerned about the ability of this thing to hold up over time.
I've already addressed the spinning record once and a week later have to do it again. Ball stalled on it tonight again. So needs readjusted. Again.
It started auto launching again. After checking all connections and recalibrating. It was good for a few days.... Lastnight it was after about an hour or so. Tonight it was after a game or so.
I've had the pleasure of having an iron maiden premuum next to it for the last 5 days. This machine is SOLID. Every part of it is SOLID. It feels like a brick house compared to g'n'r. Every part of it is solid.
How do we feel about the actual build quality of gnr in this community? I'm not talking playfield stuff (different discussion). I mean how it FEELS.... How is it going to hold up....
A little disconcerting having to open it up and adjust stuff every week....

Hang in there. Some games take more tweaking and dialing in than others. I’m surprised you’ve had good luck with IMDN PREM, that game is notorious for issues with the switch mechs. Deadpool was an ongoing ordeal of tweaking for me. Many games can be and GNR has been no exception, I spent the first couple of months tweaking and dialing in shots with it.

#13489 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I received my replacement solenoid for the Axl magnet from JJP. Does anyone know if the problem with this blowing has been fixed or is it a waste to install the new one?

You should be good to go. I posted a few weeks back that I thought my new one blew, but to my surprise it was working the next week (when I powered up again). So either it never failed and I mis-diagnosed, or the new ones have an auto reset based on temperature. In either case, it’s still running like a champ.

EDIT: and as zaphX suggested and he helped me, I used my old coil to bypass the thermal switch, so I have that ready to go if needed.

#13515 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

FWIW I turned my max ball saver on the songs down to 30 seconds, and set the "add a ball to 5". There is a lot of room to play around and see what you like.
Good discussion to have given the JJP Pinball Podcast with Joe Katz today dove into the pros and cons of game settings. I think the defaults a on GNR are great for location play, but if you have it in your house it seems more than reasonable to tweak it to your skill level!

Got a link to the podcast? Any talk about code, balance, and nuggets?

#13561 2 years ago

Speaking of settings, I’m trying this and enjoying it. Definitely for more above average players but:

• +5 sec band member increase to ball save
• 25 sec Max song ball save
• 25 (max) power chord timer - which is called super lock in settings.
> EDIT: changed this power chord timer to 22 secs. Fiddle to your liking.

Now if only we can convince keefer or Joe to give us waypoints that trigger a ball saver, like 5 song waves trigger 15 sec ball saver or something. I think some songs have this. Oh, and we need a longer ball save on the power chord jackpot.

#13569 2 years ago
Quoted from stefallica:

Hi JJP owners,
I just received my Guns LE, I need an info that will make me keep or sell the game !
I love the game as much as I hate the multiple multiball!
How can the designers let that one slip?
It ruins the whole experience, instead of appreciating the masterful theme and layout…I’m always wathing 2 inches above the flippers for too many balls!!!!
Am I the only one complaining ? Are they gonna correct the code?
Or Might as well sell it?
Thx
Stef

See my comments a few posts above yours. In short, adjust the settings. Default settings are intended for location players.

#13574 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My opinion (which is admittedly unpopular):
Do not stress about this. Play your game and enjoy it as it comes from the factory.
If something chips, cover it and keep enjoying your game.
Take advantage of the playfield offer if you'd like to have iron-clad peace of mind.
It is a toy designed to bring game-playing enjoyment.

I am so much in agreement with zaphX here. Play it, and play its heart out. Just keep an eye out for your posts. If it chips, cover with a Mylar ring and JJP washer and move on.

#13578 2 years ago

But I’m enjoying looking at large box in my living room as I contemplate opening or selling it.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"fd8c7d346000d6d323a3999443f8294ba6f0dccd-1629071063-1800"};
//]]>

You gotta open that puppy up and play it. I mean, if not, then why did you buy it in the first place?

#13652 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Bro that's a great idea! Definitely should put that in the next code update.
Speaking of .... I'm ready for demolition album mode to actually do something. It looks like it's gonna be fun... Any idea on an update date?

Having had my GNR for 9 mos now. I’d have to say the code updates are coming along, just working on that final stamp of approval…

E2C2DBD9-C889-4B1B-ACC0-956637686114.gifE2C2DBD9-C889-4B1B-ACC0-956637686114.gif
#13660 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Just spoke with JJP on the phone. I had to put a hole in my record decal (to tighten the screw) so I need a new one. He recommended to put some loctite on that screw for the final fix. I'll see how long it lasts if it needs it, but i'll definitely loctite it before I apply the next decal.
Couple things I think should be shared.
They are completely out of Appetite stickers. (which is the one I wanted to request) Everyone bought them up, they don't have any left, and aren't getting them any time soon. He said they do have all the other ones left though.
Decals are NOT free (usually). A single one is $5.99 and a sheet of all of them is $30.
Most everything on the machine is a 90 day warranty, while some other things are a full year. My machine was never registered so I got to do that and use the warranty if needed. It's a 10/2020 build though so not much time left on that.
You learn something every day! He was great to work with and helped me out really well.

Thanks for the info, Where do you buy the other decals?

1 week later
#13943 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Am I crazy or is this game really important to set up the flippers for? I’ve always just set flips in line with the lane on my games and could get the feel for shots pretty quickly. On GNR, every little shift I make seems to change my shotmaking dramatically and I haven’t found the sweet spot… yet.

It took me quite a lot a bit to get GNR dialed in. I played with the flipper alignments as well as different pitches a lot.

I’ve found the sweet spots seem to be with the flippers near parallel with the guide lanes and top of the pitch bubble between 2nd and 3rd lines. Back handed shots are much harder and pretty much non existent on my setup but that’s how I like it as it forces me to play and not exploit the rules, locks, lane letters with backhandable shots.

#13954 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Way to make me feel bad about wanting to exploit the rules! Let’s consider it my handicap… don’t worry, even backhanding my way to a patch or two and locking balls, I still find plenty of creative ways to drain all day long.
A little more pitch might help me with my inner loop, which likes to fling any weak shot straight to the outlane. I mean nothing but net 50% of the time.
Every game is still so much fun. Thanks for the suggestions people!

Oops sorry didn’t mean that as a knock on you. The game was designed to be back hand-able, and it feels good to back hand left ramp up to the upper flipper and snap it into a lock shot. Don’t let my OCD ruin your fun

If it makes you feel better, I blew a 130 million applause jackpot the other day. I wanted to cry - But I blame my wife as she was rushing me to get the kids ready for bath lol.

#14022 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I noticed some power drop and did a rebuild at 3200 plays. PinMonk's fans help a lot too.

What’s involved with a rebuild? Is it just coil sleeves and stops? Or is it the coil as well? Anything else?

EDIT: I’m finally noticing flipper fatigue on my right flipper with 1.23 code, never noticed it before. So may be time to order pinmonks fan kit. Or it’s time for a rebuild. I’m at 1200 plays.

#14024 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I doubt you'd need a full rebuild at 1200.
Sleeves is what I do for interim refreshes. I don't even do the stops until it's time for a rebuild (plunger mushroomed, stop badly concave.)
A rebuild kit is new plungers/linkages, stops, sleeves and springs.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-rebuild-kit-williamsbally-081993-101998-spooky-2014-present-jjp-2012-present.html

Cool thanks!
I only noticed it for the first time last night after a few games on 1.23. I forgot to check the power settings to see if something changed their with the new update. All in all, I’ll check the settings and look under the hood and probably order the flipper fans soon as well.

#14082 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Initial Feedback on the desert demolition mode w new code? I haven’t upgraded yet.

I think it’s pretty cool. Better than thirst for carnage for sure. Has some good creative elements going for it.

#14198 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Awesome. Great news. Enjoy the game!

Wow amazing support pinmonk! This proves my theory. Pinmonk is not human and never sleeps.

#14276 2 years ago
Quoted from greeneye:

So how many hours have each GnR owner put in switching out washers and/or posts? I did another 2 hours last night after seeing some minor pooling. Even on posts I previously did. It’s almost completely the long hex posts but I’m noticing some minor pooling near the thicker posts now too. I skipped those for now. I changed out the washer on the bottom of the left ramp and it was completely bent in half.

Approximately 20 minutes, and I’m someone who has a chipped post. My take on it isn’t very popular; but it’s play the hell out of the machine and enjoy it. If a post chips, apply a Mylar ring and black washer and move on. I’m 9 months and 1200+ plays in. I’m not going to spend a half day putting washers in on a game that can potentially move the pooling out further because of it.

#14300 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

The speed Didn’t bother me - just noticed it was a little bit slower to what I’m used to playing at home. I like variety in what I own and this game is badass and would be a great addition to my lineup.

Increasing the pitch and dropping the flippers a tad will help with that. But yea, overall it’s not lightning speed like a stern; but there’s A LOT of action and very little stop n go. Skill shot is actually cool and while the exit design is pretty poor, it’s much better once you tweak it so it consistently drops to the right flipper.

My biggest gripe on the game right now (which is fairly minor) is being rewarded a powerchord jackpot usually results in draining one or three balls because they all collide and go to the outlanes or sdtm. I’d like it if they could put in a powerchord jackpot ball saver then just release all the balls at once. Either that, Or stagger them better.

#14304 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Any tips on tweaking the skill shot exit? Mine used to always go to right flipper, now it will often hit the top of the right sling and go to the left flipper. I’ve tried a few adjustments but nothing has worked yet

Not at my machine to provide a picture, but I added a small piece of drop dead ball foam on the exit rail to slow down the ball. Prior to that, I tried a slight bend downward on the ball exit guide and that worked for awhile but still got occasional sdtm. The ball foam has 99.9% fixed it for me and I’ve been running that way for a few months now. I’ll get a pic when I can (when I remember ).

#14311 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When Eskaybee talks, pinball_keefer listens.
Or maybe not. We'll see.

Hah we can only hope. Nothing like being awarded an add a ball only to sacrifice 3 or 4 balls in the process

I have a bunch of wishlist items if keefer wants; like why isn’t there a sound effect for the lock switch gate? I imagine the switch is used for coding logic, but there could be some cool choreography sound effect associated with it as the ball finds its way into the lock.

#14365 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Tonight, I’ll revisit my setup and try some things, thanks PinMonk and holminone and Vespula , you’ve refilled my courage (also sleep helped). Forgive the pitiful entry, I’d lost my positivity for a spell. It’s my first JJP and NIB, and contrary to what I’d read, I had no idea of just how much tweaking and retweaking it was going to take to get this bad boy playing great. And I’ve tuned four carbs on a four cylinder engine before, so I’m no stranger to incremental improvements! Probably I’m getting too old and full of righteous expectation.
I cannot wait for you to get your machine, Vespula. I’ve been watching your patient impatience here for many moons and I’m gonna feel like I just got a new game too when yours arrives!

From my experience; Stern Pros typically need the least tweaking out of the box. GNR has needed the most, but Deadpool is a close 2nd. JP and TWD (premiums) needed quite a bit too, but not nearly as much as the other 2.

GNR can be an ass kicker at times, then other times I have a 20-30 minute game. Learning the shots, bounces, when to nudge, and personality of the game will help.

That all said; the game has been kicking my ass lately and I’m contemplating making a few tweaks again as well.

#14366 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Yea totally agree, with nearly 300 pages it’s very hard to find posts about how scoring works or how to boost scoring in general.

I posted a couple months ago about it but saved it in my back pocket for times like this

• Default song = +15 points to song level
• Song patch = +30 points to song level

Song level & patches:

• base song level is 10
• if you choose to stick with the default song you get +15 to your song level
• a songs patch appears to add +30 to your song level
• fender patch: this is the single most important patch in the game before starting a song. if an active member is lit on the band frenzy revolver and you have not collected that member yet, hitting them will collect that member +1 additional for the patch.
• Vader and Duff patches automatically light Frank (drums - green top right side of revolver) and Duff (Bass - yellow left side of revolver) for your entire song on the frenzy revolver. As the patch indicates: spot Frank or spot Duff.
• all other band patches appear to award no benefit toward frenzy.
> Melissa awards her tour item. As Troz pointed out, member tour items raise song value. So this patch raises song value. Band member items like Melissa’s candy can also be collected via the 3 loop shots. Not sure how many are needed to get an item, and these are special game items (not patches) that boost song level.
> axl (rose) spots axl for rest of game so no need to requalify on follow up songs
> slash (Gibson) same as axl above.
Just the tip: axl and slash patches are great strategy for those trying to make it to the wizard mode
Just the tip (a little deeper): Fender, Vader, Duff skull appear to be the most powerful patches in game for scoring. Stack a song patch on top of those 3, and even drumsticks and melissas candy, and you’ll be in business.

Band Frenzy (how it works):
• the revolver inserts in front of the flippers represent band members. One active band member will be flashing during the song; it’s icon will also appear on the bottom right portion of the display. Shoot the active band member and it’ll lock their insert solid. Their spot on the revolver animation in bottom right corner of display will also be solid. Collect all band members (revolver completely filled) to start band frenzy. The inserts can sometimes be hard to tell if it’s flashing for it being active or not, so looking at the bottom right corner of display helps.
• additionally, when one of the keyboardist are active, shooting them will award both keyboardist. You can potentially collect 3 band members with one shot if you have the fender patch > keyboardist active, shoot piano key rollover > collect both keyboardist + 1 extra for the patch.

#14368 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

You, Ralph, foo and all the others keep those scoring and game play tips coming for of us just getting our games. I’m a couple dozen games in and still wondering what the heck is going on. I got the basics but the nuances are off the chart. This game is truly on a different level.

You got it! And here’s another, one I’ve been using a lot lately. After fender patch, grab the poster and T-Shirt patches. That set of 2 decreases the rock meter slower allowing you to trap up more during songs and even get the encore easier. I usually go for those before Duff and Vader.

Also, I value Duff patch higher than Vader as Vader (drums) can be collected for frenzy with right ramp or pops so it’s easier to collect if you happen to not get the patch. Both patches are right next to each other so it’s easy to toggle back and forth before collecting.

#14483 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I *believe* it's designed to cut power to the coil if it gets too hot, then the switch resets when the temp is below a certain threshold, restoring power to the coil automagically. However, the thermal switch seems to be dying. My *guess* is the high usage of the magnet is making the coil always very hot, triggering the switch too frequently and killing it.
Or JJP went to the lowest bidder and that's not the best idea in China.
Bypassing the wrapped-in thermal switch is a bad idea if the coil is getting so hot (seen an Addams family playfield yellowed, browned or burned from with overheated "The Power" coils?). Active cooling will likely completely solve the issue, but I want to gather baseline temperature data on the stock magnet coil under heavy use first.

To chime in a bit on this; I’m on my 2nd coil from JJP and it’s been running like a champ *knock on wood*. I think pinmonk is correct, that the design is to have an auto reset, i.e. gets too hot > trips and won’t work until it cools down. I’ve experienced this with the new coil. But previous coils, like my first, totally blew the switch.

All in all; if you have a failed magnet, I’d recommend getting a replacement from JJP and run with that. Despite popular belief, it was a painless experience and got my new magnet fairly quickly. Could be different now with all the supply issues, but that’s my 2 cents.

#14499 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Since we keep talking about the magnet above the Axl lanes, what exactly causes that to grab the ball? it seems like maybe once at the start of the game and once after a song mine will grab it, but that's about it. Is there something that's supposed to get it to stop there?

• pre-song to collect letters and qualify AXL
• during a song when AXL is the active member and has not been collected yet for the frenzy revolver.
• usually (not always) when lanes are lit for song shots.

#14539 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

It’s a LOT! I had to focus on just hitting the outer loop shots many many times before reaching Tour Multiball and putting up the high score for that mode. You’ll see the small city LEDs light across the lower playfield from blue to red as you get closer. It’s a fun mode, way better than that Desert Demolition joke of a mode. Have fun!

Inner loop shots count as well. And there’s tour patch.

#14592 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m sure this has been brought up frequently and is well known, but why is Knocken on Heavens Door not a selection option? Is it being held back for some reason or is it not available due to IP restrictions or something since it was a cover (but Live and Let Die is available)? Thanks!

I am sure it has to do with song rights. From my understanding, Paul McCartney owns live and let die. Slash Seems to have a good relationship with him So was able to get the song in the game. I don’t know who owns knocking on heavens door. But it seems getting that song in the game wasn’t an option unfortunately.

#14807 2 years ago

A couple Rule ideas (in case Keefer is bored and awake )

• if you beat an album mode, and start another one right after (without draining); all scores will be doubled during the second album mode. If you beat that and start a third (without draining), it’ll be worth triple scoring. If you beat that and start the 4th and final album mode (without draining) it’ll be worth quintuple scoring.

• Tour multiball: scoring increases based on # of balls in play.

1 week later
#15148 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

how long you playing that game, like hour and a half?

I’m trying to get back into using scorbit, and sucking ass at getting a good score recorded at that. But, Karl’s near billion point game was 2+ hours
C985AB4B-01DF-4D02-9127-4DF015DFB388 (resized).jpegC985AB4B-01DF-4D02-9127-4DF015DFB388 (resized).jpeg

#15179 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I need to figure scorbit out. I guess. Will probably have no reason to now. Hahaha would be cool to see game times tho.
Is it easy? Worth doing.

I wouldn’t call it easy. Definitely not intuitive. kermit24 setup something on a browser where we could track each others progress and scores in live time. But that feature isn’t available in the app. All in all, worth it? Really just another place to keep high scores and progress which is sort of cool. But you have to remember to have it active, going, and lock it in after a game. The stern connect looks way more innovative and fun if I’m honest.

#15245 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Scorbit just released Achievements with JJP, Starting with Wonka, GnR will be coming soon.
Video:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/6#post-6513731

Bad ass.

#15407 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Supposedly the song value is 15 points higher if you stick with the selected song. I haven't see proof of this though as you don't see your song value until it starts

Quoted from Riffbear:

I did read somewhere (could be in the deep dive rule tutorial) that choosing a new song will lessen your score and its best to play out the song that is already selected for you.

The way I confirmed the +15 points for song level on this was glass off, use Jam lanes/target to light song and did not lock any balls. Default song = song level 25. Picking a song = song level 10. Hence, +15. I also did the same test with taking a song patch which added +30, but I didn’t test every song patch and don’t remember which patch I tested with (Live and Let Die?).

Maybe I’ll do more testing to reconfirm these settings with the newer code in the near future.

#15485 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

Apologies if this has already been covered extensively, but is there a reliable way to stop plunges (and auto launches) from going straight down the middle? I lose far too many balls because they get auto launched, hit tip tip of the sling shot, and then bounce straight down the middle, out of reach of either flipper.

Strategically placed piece of drop dead ball foam or other type of material on the metal ball guide. It slows the ball down just enough to drop to the right flipper rather than SDTM or the top of right slingshot. Highly recommend.

419F9675-FBFD-4BE6-8759-8AB46041C6D9 (resized).jpeg419F9675-FBFD-4BE6-8759-8AB46041C6D9 (resized).jpeg
#15681 2 years ago

Ok, so I’m 1 step closer to having time to unbox and bullet proof this GNR.
Here is a list of items I have. Let me know if I left anything out:
1. Cliffys - Check
2. BallBaron Carbon Balls - Check
3. Titan Rubbers - Check
4. Williams large posts - (1-7/8" Tall Metal Post With #10-32 Threaded Base) - check
5. 3/4 & 7/8 Clear PETG washers - check
6. Pinball Life GNR post & washer kit - check
7. Pinmonk Tibetan Breeze & Airball drain stopper - ordered
8. 0.625 Nylon Fender Washers for leg bolts - Ordered
9. Topper - Check
10. LE sideblades - ordered
11. ???
Do these items exist?
1. Plastic Protectors? (Seems like Pinbits is no longer)
2. Also sounds like the Servos for the spot lights are an issue. I’ll probably just unplug these unless there’s a sure fire fix that last more than 100 plays
Anything I left out besides some hard alcohol and 12 hours of my time to get these in place?[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Good luck! This would be my suggested list:
1. Unbox
2. Plug it in
3. Play it

#15703 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

What is the upper play field target used for and when? What’s it’s purpose

Pre-Song:
• Hit it x amount of times to start lights multiball.
• used when the roving lights super jackpot is lit.

During Song:
• used for certain song shots
• counts towards collecting Duff when he’s lit
• used as a left ramp shot if the ramp is lit.

The scoop is used to:
• advance Duff pre-song
• increase power chord jackpot base value pre-song
• increase the power chord multiplier during a song
• Collect song shots when lit
• collect Duff when he’s lit
• reset the power chord timer during a song

#15766 2 years ago

I see JJP picked up Mark Seiden from https://twitch.tv/thearrrrrcade . Dude is a genius. Congrats Mark![quoted image]

Is he the one that was designing Metroid home brew?

#15772 2 years ago

That’s awesome. Good pickup for JJP. Looks like they’re going to be making a push to the next level with (4) designers on the roster. Hope supply and manufacturing can support it.

#15859 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone just adding a subwoofer to this game? Just curious what you guys are using .
thx

Factory speakers sound like ass. I added External sub and tweaked some of the sound levels. Works great.

#15939 2 years ago

GNR is steadily moving into a top 5, maybe even top 3 favorite pin of all time for me. Moments, Adrenalin, risk, agony, reward, and of course…the encore.

Just to share some of those moments I experienced tonight. Had double right loops then smack into the right ramp target for a lights double jackpot. Then a left loop > upper right flipper inner loop > whip around and let it bypass down to the bottom right flipper and smack into the left ramp straight into a ball lock. And anytime I get the ball to whiz through the center spinner and through the pops up the whizzy-do into the top lanes, especially during a band frenzy; so sweet.

I just can’t stop smiling, game is so good, felt compelled to post. I Feel bad for anyone refusing to experience the genius GNR offers when they think it’s just a glorified light show. Oh well, sucks to be them haha.

#15940 2 years ago

Oh and on a side note, and a bit of criticism with an offered up idea. Does anyone actually play slash solo? I find myself timing it out more and more. Hope keefer is reading cause here’s a simple rule addition to help the mode:

- when slash solo is going, allow the rest of the game to stack on it. Everything except starting a song. i.e. allow patches to be collected, members to be collected, booster multiballs to be played, etc… and if you stack a booster multiball with slash, have it continue playing the slash solo rather than the booster music. Also, let your total slash solo score add to your album levels (maybe with a capped amount. Lastly, only allow one slash solo per game.

#15947 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Can’t wait to have this feeling…soon

Woot! Let me know when it comes in and Hit me up if you want any tips or help setting it up and getting it dialed in. It took a lot of adjusting with trial and error for me to get it playing how I like it….fast, mean, with lots of flowing combos. But 2 basic adjustments: realign the flippers to be parallel with the ball guide, and a 6.8-7 deg pitch - top of bubble just touching 2nd line.

#15952 2 years ago
Quoted from etr104:

I know this has probably come up time and time again and I'm sure the answer probably changes as people learn more strategy. But what patches do you guys prioritize getting at the start of a game? What are the best patches and patch combos to work towards as you get started?
I'm a novice player (at best). My best score is about 5.1 million, so I need all the help I can get!

Top 3 patches for me in order are:
1. Fender
2. Duff skull
3. Vader

After that, it comes down to preference.

EDIT - Just the tip: after collecting Fender > 5 button hits brings you to Duff. Collect that then go back one (left flipper + button) to get Vader.

Option 1: T-Shirt + Poster patches are a set that slows the crowd meter down. Helps with not getting boo’d off stage, reaching encore’s on songs, but more importantly allows you to play more controlled and trap up.

Option 2: more scoring patches. These would be song specific patches to boost score level, drumsticks for super jets, melissas candy tour item. NOTE: The gun and rose patches are set to increase welcome to the jungle and paradise city.

Option 3: get the (2) remainder sponsor patches. Fender and Vader (listed above) are the first two. Get all 4 to light extra ball. Plus, getting Gibson qualifies slash for songs rest of the game so easier to relight songs.

Option 4: get the album patches. The set increases album scoring modes. But more importantly, it could make some easier, especially use your illusion II - it’s a must have patch to break down the wall.

Option 5: horns, lights, amp firecracker. Admittedly, I don’t typically go for these. But the set allows you to play booster multiballs as many times as you want before going into a song. The theory with this set would be getting it early on and just continue playing booster multiballs until you get a ton more patches. A lot of work, which could be painful if you game over before starting a song, but could have huge pay offs. In the end, my opinion is a little too much effort for the risk/reward involved. But definitely something fun to try time to time.

Option 6: have fun and sample all sorts of nifty strategies. Like bra and panties (that’s always fun) lol.

#15957 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Gun says "increase all patches scoring" doesn't it? I always go Vader, duff (bc they are in order) then super jets usually and gun. Fender also.

Duff could technically be first in order if you’re left brained and holding the left flipper toggling through patches

Gun increases all scoring, yes. But if you get the gun and rose, it gives you a set which the set increases scoring for both welcome to the jungle and paradise city. If I’m in the mood for one of those songs (which is often), I’ll go fender > gun > rose > Duff > Vader.

Another reason I put Duff before Vader is in case I start a song before collecting both, collecting Duff is harder than Izzy when it’s lit for frenzy.

#15962 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I thought I knew how frenzy worked but the more I play the less I think I know.
Also.... Does the Vader and Duff patches spot them or just increase their scoring?

It spots them on the revolver during all songs for remainder of game. Even when band frenzy ends, they will be spotted again.

#15967 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So does fender spot a member before or during a song?

Fender makes it so when an active member (one not collected) is lit on the revolver for band frenzy; that making their shot will not only spot that member on the frenzy revolver, but spot one additional member. So you basically spot 2 members in one shot. Spotting all 7 members starts frenzy.

Best way to learn about band frenzy is keeping an eye on the revolver inserts or revolver in bottom right Corner of the the display, and recognize which members are spotted and which are not. And when a member not spotted is active (insert pulsing), watch how the revolver spots work when you hit that members’ shot. Hopefully that makes sense. It’s pretty simple and I’m a little tired so may be making it sounding more confusing than it is

There is a way to spot 3 members in one shot. I’ve hinted, and even said how to do this in previous posts. But I’ll leave it as a mystery a later time now

#16103 2 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Thanks for the report. It was very helpful. This is fixed in version 1.25, available now.
--Ted

Ted; know if slash solo is going to be reworked or polished? Might I suggest making it stackable with everything else in the game (except song start). Patches, boosters, etc…all stackable while slash solo runs. Final slash solo score could also be a good way to incorporate an album level boost.

#16154 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I love the modes and think most of them are really fun and neat to play.... however I usually drain quickly and they definitely need to be worth more.

There’s a simple way to fix this without spending up too many resources, I would think:

1. Album modes: Increase album value as you play more album modes. Example: first album mode worth 1x, second album mode 2x, third album mode 3x, final album mode 4x.

2. Slash Solo: make it stackable with the rest of the game (except songs). Think of how cool would it be to play pyro and lights multiball with a slash solo going. Additionally, the better you do in slash solo adds to your album levels.

#16232 2 years ago

167 mil song jackpot just went kapoot! Should have cashed out lol

#16241 2 years ago

I gotta say, I’m starting to get real impressed with the scorbit app. The achievements are really cool and the app is definitely showing signs of positive improvements.

If anyone wants to add me in scorbit:
Steve_SKB

#16274 2 years ago

A few scorbit wishlist items - and these may already exist and I haven’t figured them out, but:

• notification if a follower starts playing a game (that I own/play)
• when you log in, show list of active followers currently in a game
• during a song, show the song jackpot level whether you’re observing someone playing or/and your own.

#16288 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

A few scorbit wishlist items - and these may already exist and I haven’t figured them out, but:
• notification if a follower starts playing a game (that I own/play)
• when you log in, show list of active followers currently in a game
• during a song, show the song jackpot level whether you’re observing someone playing or/and your own.

Yay this is what I’m talking about. Now who’s Blu on here?

9FED10A0-1909-4AE7-9A92-66B9B7A2CF4E (resized).jpeg9FED10A0-1909-4AE7-9A92-66B9B7A2CF4E (resized).jpeg
#16291 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I feel like Blu will be singing the Blues pretty soon.

Lol. I suck under pressure, But will give it a shot later tonight. Anyone know if scorbit notifies the challengee whether they beat or not beat the score?

#16300 2 years ago

Funny side story. My GNR pinball shirt is one of my favorite shirts to wear. Not just cause it’s GNR or pinball, but because of the fit - well designed shirt. I get a lot of compliments when out in public, ‘nice shirt’, they typically don’t realize it’s a pinball shirt. But the ones that do ask why the pinball reference; when I tell them that slash co-designed a modern GNR pinball machine, they’re face expression is always a complete ‘wtf?pinball?slash?’ Look lol.

…then they google search it and are like, “it’s $10,000!?!?” Lol. Weird hobby we love.

#16302 2 years ago

It’s $10k is a good price, let them know it’s $11k now

Haha yup. And their jaw drops further, followed by a “…for a pinball machine?”

#16306 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For some reason I didn't realize Encores were chain-able. I did This I Love to Chinese Democracy Encore to Better Encore before I lost the ball. I really don't like Chinese Democracy the song, but the light show is pretty great later in the song. Can you chain Encores forever, or is there a limit?
Also, the very first time I played, I got Encore, and during the Encore animation before the next song there was a steadily building shaking of the shaker motor like the crowd was stomping or something. Haven't experienced it in Encore since. How do I get back there?! It was very cool.

Not sure about the shaker effect, I’ll have to look for it next time I’m there. But encore is unlimited if you can keep the meter full. By the third one, the song jackpot really builds fast and high. That’s where I blew my 160 million jackpot last night.

EDIT: T-shirt and poster patch set can really help chaining encores.

#16310 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

That’d be me. Headed out for vacation, but give me something to shoot for when I get back.

I thought scorbit challenges were a one game thing, if so I failed. If not, this how I’m looking on game 3

Last ball incoming

95CB06C9-F7DB-418D-BE9D-21938FC44E60 (resized).jpeg95CB06C9-F7DB-418D-BE9D-21938FC44E60 (resized).jpeg
#16311 2 years ago

PinMonk
You can see my timeline. I chained 3 encores. I had a chance to cash out at the end of don’t cry on my 3rd song and light extra ball. That would have been a smart play as I wouldn’t risk not draining or missing the applause but decided to go for a 4th song as that 4th song could easily had been a 200mil opportunity. Love this game lol.

CDE68FBE-3437-4041-AD47-AC25F7BA5CBE (resized).pngCDE68FBE-3437-4041-AD47-AC25F7BA5CBE (resized).pngCF3913BA-222B-4EF4-BA16-689CA822474E (resized).pngCF3913BA-222B-4EF4-BA16-689CA822474E (resized).png
#16313 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the Y axis? Score? It'd be nice if Scorbit tagged the value when there is a big jump.

Agreed. Show scores and show the applause/song jackpot value collected.

#16360 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Hey Eskaybee it looks like you didn’t accept the challenge? You should have a gold medal on your score for beating My score?
Is that right jsa?

You’re right. I clicked on the notification and nothing. Clicked all around and couldn’t find anything. Finally found the challenges section where I can accept.

#16390 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Hey Eskaybee it looks like you didn’t accept the challenge? You should have a gold medal on your score for beating My score?
Is that right jsa?

So if I’m learning this right; I have 5 days from accepting your challenge to beat it. I had a chance last night with welcome to the jungle going, 10 secs left in song, huge jackpot, one ball left, and….drain! Doh! Lol. So I’m guessing I have 4 days left, but I hardly play during the week so not looking like I’ll beat it. But I’m gonna try just so I can better understand scorbit.

#16397 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

You have 6 days to beat it, and I think unlimited tries during that time. Based on jsa response to my post it sounds like there was a defect, and it should have given you the option to accept the challenge when Eskaybee clicked it. When you beat the challenge you get a gold medal on your score, and can send it back to the challenger or pick someone else or multiple people.
You can send a challenge by clicking your score after a game and then hitting the challenge icon, and selecting who you want to send it to.
I’ve found it to be a great way have some competitive pinball when there aren’t too many tournaments going on.

Cool info. Yea, it’ll be fun once we get it down. It’ll be like pinball tennis, serving scores back & forth til someone can’t beat the other. Rinse+Repeat. Harmless fun, I dig it.

#16445 2 years ago

Code requests (hope Keefer and Ted are reading):

• when you get a powerchord jackpot, It would be cool(er?) if the balls just did an unlock dump - spit them all out at the same time. I love it when it does this on a game over sequence after locking 4 or 5 balls.
> At least a setting to dump them after collecting a powerchord jackpot would be very welcomed.

• When song jackpot increases, there’s a cool animation in the bottom left corner of the display. Unfortunately, this animation completely blocks the current song value. Any way that can be moved to not block the song jackpot value?

#16476 2 years ago

Yeah the skill shot seemed strange. You get a skill shot reward no matter what you hit. But if you get the lit dot you get super skill shot. I think if you don’t hit the skill shot you should get nothing. And if you hit it then you should just get skill shot. Then maybe a specific ramp for a super skill shot. Rewarding for anything is like a participation trophy

There’s more to the skill shot. On default settings it takes two ‘points’ to light crowd multiball which gets progressively harder. So a skill shots awards one point, while a super skill shot awards two points. So it’s super skill shot on ball one will light crowd multiball. I have mine set to three points to light the first crowd multiball as it makes it a little more interesting And skill shots a little more critical.

#16481 2 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Is anyone still enjoying the SE gameplay the most? I’m considering buying an SE, mostly because it’s cheaper, but I also think there’s a chance I might like that it’s faster better.

Personally, now that I understand the game. I would stray away from the SE. That mini playfield and powerchord lock is so cool and so critical. I still think it’s one of the best mini playfields in pinball with how it’s used > it’s not grindy, ball doesn’t stay up long, you can one shot ball locks from bottom flipper, rules for it are fantastic, etc…

The game can get chaotic. You hear ppl complain about multiballs on this game. One of the main reasons it feels so overwhelming is that the game punishes you for trapping balls. So you gotta find a work around and the best place is planting balls in the powerchord lock. Strategically; getting T-shirt/poster patch set let’s you slow the game down, and let’s you play it more traditionally with a trap style controlled multiball for a bit. But you still will want to plant balls somewhere, otherwise they’re right in your face way too often.

My 2 cents.

#16533 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Long night tonight,,,,,, my gnr is bein delivered tomorrow!! Doubt if I'll sleep

You must sleep! Cause tomorrow you will not, I guarantee it.

#16544 2 years ago

Anybody else go from 6 balls to 0 balls after a 6-ball powerchord jackpot?

#16598 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

Anyone else automatically change the song when Coma appears? I hate the objective of that song. My eye is on the third flipper the whole time trying to hit that coma target and then other balls seem to get in the way. Too frustrating to play that song. Any other songs people avoid? And is Coma one of them?

I actually really like the coma mode of alternating shots to the coma target. But it’s my least favorite song to listen to so I hardly play it. I would rather play and listen to this I love.

Civil war is tough. But if you get Tshirt + poster patch set, cradle balls on left flipper while nailing loops with the right, it can be very rewarding. Tough as nails to do, but very fun. Not a very good scoring song, but if you can encore into Estranged, that song can bring in a huge jackpot off an encore.

#16639 2 years ago

RE: scorbit
I’m running scorbit on iPhone and the challenges do seem buggy / off. You accept and it just sits idle in challenges even if you beat one, no notification. Hopefully future updates address it. Ken said in the latest JJP podcast there were some big things coming for scorbit.

#16723 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

adding an extra ball chance which could be collected if you score an minimum amount and finish the mode would give more incentive to play the mode i think.

I still like my idea of making it stackable with the rest of the game. So you can play the objectives if you want, or/and continue progressing through the game.

#16870 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm probably late, very late, to this realization. And a vast majority of you may respond, who cares, but... Its a puzzle, So if you like puzzles...
The default high scores in the flyers all seem to be dates. Specifically, which was pretty obvious, I figured out the big P3 score of 1,231,988 is Eric's birthday January 23rd 1988, for example... Has anybody figured out the other ones. Who's the default Grand champion? May 15th 1972
P1 October 12th 1975
P2 November 12th 1977
P4 March 25th 1981
[quoted image]

That is super cool! P1 is almost me (October 28 1975) LOL!

#16872 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Happy belated birthday!

Thanks! My birthday gift to myself last year was GNR! Which coincidentally, I received just a couple weeks after my birthday so it was a super birthday really. And, granted the flood of orders this game got, it was a real birthday wish in hindsight. No new pins this year for my B-day, but the weird thing is, I am not that compelled to get any new pins (OK maybe one used one that I'm trying to get funds for), but GNR has been that good, and has kept me that entertained that I don't feel the need to get any of the other new ones that are out.

#16873 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Aaaaand I just sent a few of you a challenge! It won’t be a challenge for you of course, but I finally broke 30 million and saw the VS button in Scorbit for the first time, so I had to! I mean, I cashed out a 25 million point November Rain jackpot with sweaty palms. No scoop shot has ever meant so much to me.

I got your challenge! I hope scorbit gets an update to make challenges more intuitive / interactive. Like a notification when you beat someone's challenge and can send it back to them? And a second notification if you dont beat the challenge. Maybe that exists, but can't seem to find it. Also, how long is a challenge active after you accept it? So confusing. Looking forward to more Scorbit updates. It's gotten much better over the last year, just need more lol - PS you guys rock that are coding/supporting the scorbit and achievements stuff.

#16876 2 years ago

I’m sure glad I missed this scorbit challenge

E2122AEC-1302-468E-BAFB-6745AA6FC4F9 (resized).jpegE2122AEC-1302-468E-BAFB-6745AA6FC4F9 (resized).jpeg
#16999 2 years ago

Walk off the Earth performing Don’t Cry. This band is so cool if you haven’t heard of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

805 posts in this topic match your search for posts by eskaybee. You are on page 2 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/2?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.