image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 568.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well, you guys did take responsibility for Justin Bieber, so i spose that's fair enough.

Maybe so but what about Nickelback

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

whats another $20 on a $9500 game?

$9520
Sorry , I couldn't help myself

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Notice the pooling on the left post on the upper playfield in picture above ā€

Sure looks like pooling you me. I hope JJP gets ahead of this problem.

0CB019C3-52F7-47A7-8448-A045096CD4CD (resized).jpeg0CB019C3-52F7-47A7-8448-A045096CD4CD (resized).jpeg
#1404 3 years ago

Interesting catch. I'm not an owner, so I didn't know about this issue being discussed. Here's a closer look from the original higher-resolution image. I could've provided an even better look but I'd goofed and inadvertently shot it at lower resolution than I'd meant to (which limits the maximum size print I can make now). Anyway, here ya go, analyze away:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1405 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Interesting catch. I'm not an owner, so I didn't know about this issue being discussed. Here's a closer look from the original higher-resolution image. I could've provided an even better look but I'd goofed and inadvertently shot it at lower resolution than I'd meant to (which limits the maximum size print I can make now). Anyway, here ya go, analyze away:[quoted image]

100% pooling. Iā€™ve seen it on wonka in person. Thanks for the close up. Perhaps this is whatā€™s causing the delay of delivery dates announcement.
This seems to be the second example of pooling on JJP GnR.

#1406 3 years ago

You wanna see pooling?
Have a ganders of my shit box NIB IMDN
What did Stern do - Jack shit...

Or how about my NIB Ribbed BM66?
Crickets!

Hereā€™s hoping GnR is good to me
039012E8-78D1-4CED-BD77-2E5AE0B7CB94 (resized).jpeg039012E8-78D1-4CED-BD77-2E5AE0B7CB94 (resized).jpeg214C4FCE-6C24-4871-B93E-0D00A2F04790 (resized).jpeg214C4FCE-6C24-4871-B93E-0D00A2F04790 (resized).jpeg256E6630-1D6C-4EAA-BD21-1F69A13D6C29 (resized).jpeg256E6630-1D6C-4EAA-BD21-1F69A13D6C29 (resized).jpeg5483435E-5F96-4962-85FC-CF3E0B4EE104 (resized).jpeg5483435E-5F96-4962-85FC-CF3E0B4EE104 (resized).jpeg6C030C64-8727-419F-8BFC-C4778B5ACB6A (resized).jpeg6C030C64-8727-419F-8BFC-C4778B5ACB6A (resized).jpeg9227B647-F3E8-42D5-AFA8-DC8CDB30DEF6 (resized).jpeg9227B647-F3E8-42D5-AFA8-DC8CDB30DEF6 (resized).jpegF3BDAB41-EE4D-4395-89AD-7E087EE251F9 (resized).jpegF3BDAB41-EE4D-4395-89AD-7E087EE251F9 (resized).jpeg

A46CF2F1-50B6-4AA9-B63B-A6A97AC1B3F6 (resized).jpegA46CF2F1-50B6-4AA9-B63B-A6A97AC1B3F6 (resized).jpegC302A7F9-188E-412A-824A-97D7C200D685 (resized).jpegC302A7F9-188E-412A-824A-97D7C200D685 (resized).jpeg51DDA23A-599A-4C50-B1AB-A36B7667399E (resized).jpeg51DDA23A-599A-4C50-B1AB-A36B7667399E (resized).jpeg2BBA5E3D-186F-48EC-B79C-919E65F62628 (resized).jpeg2BBA5E3D-186F-48EC-B79C-919E65F62628 (resized).jpeg
#1407 3 years ago

This shit is stirring to make me regret letting go of a great Funhouse for this game

#1408 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

But I'm really worried about the Avengers i ordered at the same time. So many production issues has me second guessing whether to cancel it or not.

Stern has a reputation of reliability .
I have heard about some issues on their newest games .
Elvira - back door shot
Stranger things - demogorgon and magnet lock ball
Jurassic Park - moving T-Rex
Ninja Turtles - diverters and a van lock .
I haven't heard about Avengers because that title doesn't interest me .
I'm not saying these issues are widespread , it's just what I've read .
Some people have said that they are disappointed with the lack of interactive toys on GNR .
To me I can't see much that can go wrong besides coils , switches , optos and the new ball sensors .
As someone who likes reliability , I am very happy with that .

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You wanna see pooling?
Crickets!
Hereā€™s hoping GnR is good to me [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

See, now THATS an issue! This nitpicky magnifying glass tiny pool on one post crap drives me nuts. If you look long and hard enough, you'll find something wrong somewhere. People should not sweat the smallest tiny imperfections and actually PLAY the damn game. The BM66 pics above ARE something to be pissed about. And I personally would drive to Sterns headquarters with that machine in tow and demand satisfaction. On the other hand, one or 2 posts with a slight bit of pooling that no one will ever notice unless they're intentionally looking for pooling? I dont care. Perfection would be nice, but it cant happen. Not 100%. It just cant.

#1410 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You wanna see pooling?
Crickets!
Hereā€™s hoping GnR is good to me [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that really what your Batman look liked ?
How could Stern not address that issue .

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

See, now THATS an issue! This nitpicky magnifying glass tiny pool on one post crap drives me nuts. If you look long and hard enough, you'll find something wrong somewhere. People should not sweat the smallest tiny imperfections and actually PLAY the damn game. The BM66 pics above ARE something to be pissed about. And I personally would drive to Sterns headquarters with that machine in tow and demand satisfaction.

I was told my BM66 when I opened the box I noticed it immediately - not uncommon!!
The IMDN - every single post is pooled.
I have written to Stern on both occasions with no response.
Hell, I even asked for a replacement playfield - unpopulated and I would cover the cost!

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Is that really what your Batman look liked ?
How could Stern not address that issue .

I was told not uncommon by Distro who I sent photos to, then believe sent onto Stern....

#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I was told not uncommon by Distro who I sent photos to, then sent to Stern apparently....

I feel awful for you man. That's terrible. I'm not kidding when I say I'd show up at Stern headquarters with that machine. Unfortunately that's not an option for you.

#1414 3 years ago

I feel awful for you man. That's terrible. I'm not kidding when I say I'd show up at Stern headquarters with that machine. Unfortunately that's not an option for you.

Maybe someone can invent a teleporter ... lol

#1415 3 years ago

See, now THATS an issue! This nitpicky magnifying glass tiny pool on one post crap drives me nuts. If you look long and hard enough, you'll find something wrong somewhere. People should not sweat the smallest tiny imperfections and actually PLAY the damn game. The BM66 pics above ARE something to be pissed about. And I personally would drive to Sterns headquarters with that machine in tow and demand satisfaction. On the other hand, one or 2 posts with a slight bit of pooling that no one will ever notice unless they're intentionally looking for pooling? I dont care. Perfection would be nice, but it cant happen. Not 100%. It just cant.

If the pooling didnā€™t eventually break off like it did on POTC and Wonka I wouldnā€™t give a shit either. But here is a ugly reminder of what that will eventually look like. Tell me this is ok?

14DE110A-9F74-4D5E-89B7-68312F0946C9 (resized).jpeg14DE110A-9F74-4D5E-89B7-68312F0946C9 (resized).jpeg
#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I was told not uncommon by Distro who I sent photos to, then sent to Stern apparently....

That Batman is bullshit .
Do you have a consumer affairs over there , a government authority , where you can complain about a product .

#1417 3 years ago

A bit of good news for those with concerns is this. I've put probably 40 or 50 games on mine now and the playfield looks smooth as glass. Not 1 divet that I can spot. I expect divets by the way, they also dont bother me, part of playing. But I'm telling you, this machine still looks perfect. On my Stern JP I saw divets after a handful of games. So, whatever this new Mirco process is, its working.

#1418 3 years ago

A bit of good news for those with concerns is this. I've put probably 40 or 50 games on mine now and the playfield looks smooth as glass. Not 1 divet that I can spot. I expect divets by the way, they also dont bother me, part of playing. But I'm telling you, this machine still looks perfect. On my Stern JP I saw divets after a handful of games. So, whatever this new Mirco process is, its working.

You will get dimples. All machines do.

#1419 3 years ago

Report back after a couple hundred games played.
Dimples are to be expected, peeling art not so much.

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Do you have a consumer affairs over there , a government authority , where you can complain about a product .

Yes but itā€™s a tough call when the Manufacturer and the Distro / vendor believe it falls within the tolerances of acceptance QC levels. The ā€œnew normalā€ as generally regarded.

#1421 3 years ago

Yes, I fully expect to get dimples, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Just saying, so far, there are none and I'm impressed.

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If the pooling didnā€™t eventually break off like it did on POTC and Wonka I wouldnā€™t give a shit either. But here is a ugly reminder of what that will eventually look like. Tell me this is ok?[quoted image]

Nah, I'd be upset with that also, but, if all else fails, slap a washer under the post and keep flipping.

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If the pooling didnā€™t eventually break off like it did on POTC and Wonka I wouldnā€™t give a shit either. But here is a ugly reminder of what that will eventually look like. Tell me this is ok?[quoted image]

I wonder what they've changed .
I brought a demo WOZrr with over 2000 plays on it and a nib Hobbit with now over 600 plays, , besides minor dimpling the playfields are perfect .

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Interesting catch. I'm not an owner, so I didn't know about this issue being discussed. Here's a closer look from the original higher-resolution image. I could've provided an even better look but I'd goofed and inadvertently shot it at lower resolution than I'd meant to (which limits the maximum size print I can make now). Anyway, here ya go, analyze away:[quoted image]

Good grief, I can't believe this is still occurring. Micro said they now have more durable playfields, called Spectrum playfields, but it's possible that the GNR playfields going into early games were made before the new process was implemented. We've already seen GNR playfields stamped with build dates of 2019 so who knows if those were made with the more durable build process.

At $9500 for an LE I'll wait 6 months for these issues to be worked out, early buyer headaches like this are not worth it at today's crazy NIB prices in my opinion.

Update: Sorry meant to post this in the general game thread.

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wonder what they've changed .
I brought a demo WOZrr with over 2000 plays on it and a nib Hobbit with now over 600 plays, , besides minor dimpling the playfields are perfect .

No way to know, there was some testing done on a couple of the replacement PFā€™s that were sent out for POTC owners and didnā€™t seem to suffer any ill effect but here we are witnessing the same exact shit within 10 days of the game coming out.

Mirco claimed they had a new clear coat or process, maybe itā€™s an issue with assembly at JJP? Too soon before fully cured(hard to believe), over torqued posts perhaps?

I hope this remains a relatively isolated issue!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You wanna see pooling?
Crickets!

and you still keep buying NIB?
I would of been out after what ever you bought first IMDN/BM66

#1427 3 years ago

How do you actually collect the power chord jackpot? I've had it set up a couple times now, and cant seem to collect?

#1428 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

and you still keep buying NIB?
I would of been out after what ever you bought first IMDN/BM66

IMDN 1st - would you believe ....I didnā€™t notice it ....lol - ACDC Luci NIB was fine then when BM66 turned up i started inspecting my pins finely...and noticed the pooling on Maiden.
Any purchases NIB after that have been earlier built NIB - Kiss LE, MET Prem, then I picked up a Tron LE used.
Now Iā€™ll have my 1st JJP but as far as newer Sterns Iā€™m done!

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe so but what about Nickelback

BOTH excellent entertainers/groups.

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Quoted from Sako-TRG:

You wanna see pooling?
Crickets!

The Better Business Bureau lists these complaints on their site and what the Company said/did about it. I would actually file and online report and be prepared to send you correspondence in with it. That playfield isn't acceptable.

#1431 3 years ago

How do you actually collect the power chord jackpot? I've had it set up a couple times now, and cant seem to collect?

I think Iā€™ve collected it by making the ball lock shot.... or did I hit the stand up target or maybe I hit the button on the lock down bar...

Dang Iā€™m not sure either now!

#1432 3 years ago

Relock balls together

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

The Better Business Bureau lists these complaints on their site and what the Company said/did about it. I would actually file and online report and be prepared to send you correspondence in with it. That playfield isn't acceptable.

BBB is a scam
Companies pay to be members and get negative reviews settled in their favor

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

BOTH excellent entertainers/groups.

Pay no attention to me , if you like them go for it

#1436 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Relock balls together

I had all the balls locked in the guitar neck but the one currently in play and that activated the jackpot. So you're saying put final ball in play up into the guitar to collect?

#1437 3 years ago

I had all the balls locked in the guitar neck but the one currently in play and that activated the jackpot. So you're saying put final ball in play up into the guitar to collect?

Not 100 pct sure now - I'll ask Eric or Keith or Joe to be sure

#1438 3 years ago

Not 100 pct sure now - I'll ask Eric or Keith or Joe to be sure

it is achieved by placing all balls that you have in play back up into the guitar lock while a song is playing. The more total balls = more points. after x seconds have passed while you are still trying to relock the last one or ones, it will time out and dump the balls out forcing the process to begin again

-- Joe K

#1439 3 years ago

Wow that BM66 would drive me bonkers. I'd go haywire on Stern.

#1440 3 years ago

Iā€™ve gotten it once. As far as I could tell, when you lock balls and get down to 1 ball a hurry up timer begins (not sure if itā€™s displayed). You have until that timer expires to get the final ball locked, do it and get a big payoff with a cool effect (coincidentally an improper wrong call out too unfortunately).

#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

Wow that BM66 would drive me bonkers. I'd go haywire on Stern.

Itā€™s the only pin Iā€™ve thought about putting Pin-stadiums on to try and improve the light on the playing surface to trick my brain from seeing the ribbed imperfections

#1442 3 years ago

It would be worth it to me to buy another pf

#1443 3 years ago

it is achieved by placing all balls that you have in play back up into the guitar lock while a song is playing. The more total balls = more points. after x seconds have passed while you are still trying to relock the last one or ones, it will time out and dump the balls out forcing the process to begin again
-- Joe K

Thank you!!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Iā€™ve gotten it once. As far as I could tell, when you lock balls and get down to 1 ball a hurry up timer begins (not sure if itā€™s displayed). You have until that timer expires to get the final ball locked, do it and get a big payoff with a cool effect (coincidentally an improper wrong call out too unfortunately).

And you!

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

BBB is a scam
Companies pay to be members and get negative reviews settled in their favor

It gets results, period.

#1445 3 years ago

When you shoot your first ball into the guitar neck during a song, a timer starts on the screen. You then need to lock the rest of balls in play (from 2 to 6) in the guitar neck before the timer expires to get the power chord jackpot. The more balls locked, the higher the value.

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

When you shoot your first ball into the guitar neck during a song, a timer starts on the screen. You then need to lock the rest of balls in play (from 2 to 6) in the guitar neck before the timer expires to get the power chord jackpot. The more balls locked, the higher the value.

How long do you get by default? Does locking a ball add time?

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

How long do you get by default? Does locking a ball add time?

15 seconds and the clock resets every time you add a ball. The other day I managed to lock all 6 and the power chord jackpot was 2.5 million. It was pretty awesome.

#1448 3 years ago

External subs will not work for me.

DDDF4605-FD6A-4E27-B934-67FD9871242E (resized).pngDDDF4605-FD6A-4E27-B934-67FD9871242E (resized).png
#1449 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Do you know if any of the recent updates fixe the power chord jackpot call out?

#1450 3 years ago

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

==============================================================================
== Version 01.07 October 20, 2020 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: c19daccf6a672211721cb431b09feabc ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: 506c30f4ac1df95f8c86392b6c47c79f ==

- note: this is available in a "full" install release and
in a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over v01.00, v01.01,
v01.02, v01.03, v01.04, v01.05, or v01.06

=== Game Code
+ added first release of the operator manual
* made the end song choice wait for the mystery award to finish
* updated Better leff during the last guitar solo to flash the notes
blue/red to indicate shooting the slash spinner
* added an adjustment for the number of left ramps needed to lock a ball in
the standard edition
* corrected an issue that didn't properly restart tour multiball if an
add-a-ball was earned during grace period
* various other bug fixes and improvements

=== Core Code
* fixed logging of fatal & non-fatal errors
* fixed issue that would cause exec lockup if dynamic movie not loaded
* fixed ball search not updating ball count correctly causing chase ball not
to occur

== Version 01.06 October 16, 2020 ==
== ISO MD5 Checksum: 273c34384fa898afa1fdeaaf54c7c057 ==
== DELTA MD5 Checksum: c1b47d0035fde7ca98b8a5ba04207549 ==
====

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 11,000.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/29?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.