IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 569.
#14902 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

So what does the topper do? (If anything)

Lights up. Looks like just an edge lit-acrylic topper like the ones included with ECLE and jjPOTC.

#14903 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have mine at 7 and I can backhand the left ramp easily. To me anything under 6.8 on a jjp pin is floaty....at 7 the games play fast and very well imo.

So on EVERY game I've had and "measured" the top of the playfield is always, without exception, steeper than the bottom betweent he flippers. It's normally about .2° difference.

On GNR around the scoop is at 6.9-7°. the flippers are 6.8°.

Anyone else notice this?

#14904 2 years ago

Found this in the shooter lane tonight. Any guesses?

20210913_181519 (resized).jpg20210913_181519 (resized).jpg
#14905 2 years ago

A spring.

What's the prize?

#14906 2 years ago

Spring. Goes on something like this Dialed In relay.

LTG : )

dicoil (resized).jpgdicoil (resized).jpg
#14907 2 years ago

Perfect thanks ltg. Knew it was a spring just no clue where from. Hunting now

#14908 2 years ago

After 6 weeks finally got some time today to work on it .Got done what was needed to play .Felt nice to play some GnR again .Looks like I’ll finish it off Saturday night and put this in the rear view .

29ACF536-5F59-4342-9892-6A863405900C (resized).jpeg29ACF536-5F59-4342-9892-6A863405900C (resized).jpeg
#14909 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

most likely the ramp diverter. something w a latch locking mechanism to it.

#14910 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

most likely the ramp diverter. something w a latch locking mechanism to it.

Yup that was it! Also a 3 handed job if anyone runs into that. That was a pita

#14911 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

After 6 weeks finally got some time today to work on it .Got done what was needed to play .Felt nice to play some GnR again .Looks like I’ll finish it off Saturday night and put this in the rear view .
[quoted image]

Sven's stage mod kit looks great too!

#14912 2 years ago

Sending 2, 3 and more balls to the upper playfield into the super lock all in succession or at virtually the same time is one of the most rewarding feelings of satisfaction and bliss I’ve ever had with pinball.

#14913 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So on EVERY game I've had and "measured" the top of the playfield is always, without exception, steeper than the bottom betweent he flippers. It's normally about .2° difference.
On GNR around the scoop is at 6.9-7°. the flippers are 6.8°.
Anyone else notice this?

I always measure right above the flippers and put it at 7.0... but yes it goes higher as u go up the playfield

#14914 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Sending 2, 3 and more balls to the upper playfield into the super lock all in succession or at virtually the same time is one of the most rewarding feelings of satisfaction and bliss I’ve ever had with pinball.

Sure is I sent 3 together today.....was a great feeling

#14915 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Probably for the shooter lane diverter.

LTG : )

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg
#14916 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sure is I sent 3 together today.....was a great feeling

imagine the feeling when you finally lock all six balls and erase Keefer from the powerchord leaderboard. That felt so good.

#14917 2 years ago

I have been waiting to purchase a GNR LE. But I wanted to hear an official statement from Jack about the status of the playfields and how he has or plans to fix them. Has he announced anything on the issue?

#14918 2 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

Has he announced anything on the issue?

You can’t make this sh*t up…….in the last and only statement he made on the topic he said it was the owners fault.

#14919 2 years ago
Quoted from galaxian:

I have been waiting to purchase a GNR LE. But I wanted to hear an official statement from Jack about the status of the playfields and how he has or plans to fix them. Has he announced anything on the issue?

Upvote if you lol'd after reading this.

#14920 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

the feeling when you finally lock all six balls and erase Keefer from the powerchord leaderboard.

YES! I have a new challenge I'm working on now... After the 6 ball power chord jackpot is awarded, I'm trying to send all 6 right back up there again ASAP. No dice yet, about the best I've managed to do so far is another 4 or so within a minute or two. That upper playfield is so well done.

#14921 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

That shot to the upper pf is the absolute most dynamic shot in the game. Plus it's fun to multitask the different shots with the upper pf flipper if it's not a clean lock from below.

The SE is missing the best design element of the game. It's a massive sacrifice, that really makes sense if you're an operator.

The games are not at all the same.

#14922 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Plus it's fun to multitask the different shots with the upper pf flipper if it's not a clean lock from below.

Totally agree. I like how you can send some up there to the lock cleanly, without needing the upper flipper. But if not, you can manipulate that upper flipper in a way to get control of the ball, or cradle it, then send it to the lock. I also like how you can "loop" the ball in the upper playfield more and more after you've gotten that booster multiball activated up there since it takes more hits each time.

There's a lot of strategy you can employ with that upper playfield whether you're trying to get the lock filled, grab extra patches, and so on.

#14923 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"9596619c4e699beaf3a88458ac34407dc555e8ad-1631632041-1800"};
//]]>

Sven's stage mod kit looks great too!

Yeah it sure does ,and at a modest price .Sven did a great job.If you have this coming keep the amp for the bass VUK up about 1/4 -3/8 up from bottoming out .First ball got stuck had to move it up no biggie at all .

#14924 2 years ago

Ordered a GNRLE Yesterday!!!
Shipped Yesterday!!!
Projected delivery next Monday 9/20!!!

Can’t wait !!!!

#14925 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Ordered a GNRLE Yesterday!!!
Shipped Yesterday!!!
Projected delivery next Monday 9/20!!!
Can’t wait !!!!

Wow, did your distributor have an extra one lying around or something?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14927 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Wow, did your distributor have an extra one lying around or something?

He got a shipment in - still has some - in stock and ready to ship … pinballs.com

#14928 2 years ago

So can anyone explain how the amp multiball works? I see how you hit jam and can cycle through with the flippers, but then how does it actually start? Is it going through the amp section when two lights are lit ?

#14929 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

So can anyone explain how the amp multiball works? I see how you hit jam and can cycle through with the flippers, but then how does it actually start? Is it going through the amp section when two lights are lit ?

Yes, you go through the amp lane to light all 3 letters. If you see the ball heading there and you have 2 lights on another lane, use the flipper buttons to move them there.

Once it's started, yellow shots are the amp jackpots.

#14930 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, you go through the amp lane to light all 3 letters. If you see the ball heading there and you have 2 lights on another lane, use the flipper buttons to move them there.
Once it's started, yellow shots are the amp jackpots.

Thanks

#14931 2 years ago

Can anyone advise what they use to clean the playfield?

Also, how do dark spots form on the pinballs. Should they be cleaned as well?

Thanks

#14932 2 years ago
Quoted from Trojanlaw:

Can anyone advise what they use to clean the playfield?
Also, how do dark spots form on the pinballs. Should they be cleaned as well?
Thanks

I use Novus 1 applied to a microfiber. Every 500 plays or so I'll wax with P21S carnauba wax.

I clean the balls with alcohol and replace them every 1000 games or so. If those dark spots don't wipe off, it's rust/pitting and they should be replaced.

#14933 2 years ago

Sorry if it’s been asked and answered here or on another JJP thread, but what do you guys think is the best cleaner for the invisiglass? I thought I read somewhere that ammonia based cleaners can be bad for it.

#14934 2 years ago

Metho and water 50/50

#14935 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Metho and water 50/50

Not sure what metho is but I use Isopropryl Alcohol and Distilled Water 50/50.
It is honestly the best glass cleaner I've ever used and I use it on my car and computer screens too.

#14937 2 years ago

Sprayaway available at Walmart and prolly your local grocery store

#14938 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not sure what metho is but I use Isopropryl Alcohol and Distilled Water 50/50.
It is honestly the best glass cleaner I've ever used and I use it on my car and computer screens too.

Methylated spirits, same, same but different.

#14939 2 years ago

I have a couple extra gnr LE’s coming off the line next week. If anyone has a interest PM me for availability.

#14940 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That shot to the upper pf is the absolute most dynamic shot in the game. Plus it's fun to multitask the different shots with the upper pf flipper if it's not a clean lock from below.
The SE is missing the best design element of the game. It's a massive sacrifice, that really makes sense if you're an operator.
The games are not at all the same.

They are not the same. This is true. I like the SE much more.

I own it and play it much more. When I play an LE it feels disjointed and just not as good. That upper playfield is not any fun to me. Not annoying than fun honestly. But, I also don't play it nearly as much as the SE.

#14941 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Sorry if it’s been asked and answered here or on another JJP thread, but what do you guys think is the best cleaner for the invisiglass? I thought I read somewhere that ammonia based cleaners can be bad for it.

Use non-ammonium cleaners only

#14942 2 years ago

i like the Upper playfield allot / it isn't that easy either as i have yet to get to 5 or 6 powerballs yet

Quoted from Ecw0930:They are not the same. This is true. I like the SE much more.
I own it and play it much more. When I play an LE it feels disjointed and just not as good. That upper playfield is not any fun to me. Not annoying than fun honestly. But, I also don't play it nearly as much as the SE.

#14943 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

i like the Upper playfield allot / it isn't that easy either as i have yet to get to 5 or 6 powerballs yet

I do not consider myself to be great, or even above average, at pinball. To me, the SE suits my skillet and 90% of my friends that play. And my kids.

The LE, while amazing, is harder. Much harder. And more complicated. And that upper of ruins the flow. On the se you can go ramp to ramp. Not so on the le.

Just me here. I have a friend who has all the GC's everywhere, he owns the LE and put like 160m on it first 3 days. He loves it. I think he would find the SE boring. Hahaha

#14944 2 years ago

So what does the topper do? (If anything)

All it does is light up (typical JJP topper)....on a positive note it looks good and fits the theme

#14945 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

If you adjust your flippers to be even with the inlanes, backhanding the upper PF is not possible. IMO this makes that upper PF much more challenging. Improves the game IMO.

From the factory I could easily backhand the upper PF - the flippers were high from memory?

#14946 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lights up. Looks like just an edge lit-acrylic topper like the ones included with ECLE and jjPOTC.

Wow, that’s it? I guess 30 years from now it will be worth something. How about unlock a mode or spot light or anything special. I could print that in 1 hour

#14947 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

All it does is light up (typical JJP topper)....on a positive note it looks good and fits the theme

Whack. JJP needs to up the game here. Sideblades sexy AF. Topper basic bitch

#14948 2 years ago

Wow, that’s it? I guess 30 years from now it will be worth something. How about unlock a mode or spot light or anything special. I could print that in 1 hour

Yeah it should have had that theatre marquee as a 3D backlit mini-marquee with actual 3d grids and a bunch of letters that snapped onto it so you can change the message on the theatre marquee to whatever you want. And actual chase lights around the marquee. Would have cost MAYBE $50 in quantity to do and upped the cool substantially.

#14949 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah it should have had that theatre marquee as a 3D backlit mini-marquee with actual 3d grids and a bunch of letters that snapped onto it so you can change the message on the theatre marquee to whatever you want. And actual chase lights around the marquee. Would have cost MAYBE $50 in quantity to do and upped the cool substantially.

Careful ..only 90 day JJP warranty...

#14950 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You have great ideas , and maybe should do some toppers .
Jjp topper is ok and it's at reasonable price , the English Guys topper of was alright but didn't hit the mark , I think I will go for the rock topper .

IMG_20210915_224553 (resized).jpgIMG_20210915_224553 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,998 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Georgetown, KY
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/299?hl=freddykaboodle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.