IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 567.
#14801 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Good - May playfield, 163 games played.
[quoted image]
First, Kudos to PinMonk. Your air ball mod is great. It blends perfectly, looks great and its easy to install. A real no-brainer.
[quoted image]
Bad - Semi-kudos to JJP. It looks like they are trying different things to mitigate the playfield issues though they are not there yet. The first three pics are of the typical problem areas though I am not seeing any damage yet.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Ugly - When I removed the plastic to install the air ball mod, I found my first pooling issue
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Why Jersey Jack did not put any protection under this post is a mystery. It does take direct hits.
Its kind of like finding that first scratch on your new car.
PETG washers on order.

Good job pinmonk. Is the yellow paint edge around the washer in your picture also starting to pool? Can it also be replaced with PETG?

#14802 2 years ago

What about this from Pinballlife?

69ACBDF6-1327-4CFD-A206-EECD526746B5 (resized).jpeg69ACBDF6-1327-4CFD-A206-EECD526746B5 (resized).jpeg
#14803 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

First, Kudos to PinMonk. Your air ball mod is great. It blends perfectly, looks great and its easy to install. A real no-brainer.

Thanks. Sucked with all the different flavors I convinced myself I needed to make and test after I took over from cybevenom before I got to the 3mm one that worked best, but it did turn out nice. Karl from iepinball was also patiently helpful trying some of them out in testing, too.

Also, good to note that pinball life is also carrying this GnR airball shield now, so if someone is already doing an order for something else from them, they can save on shipping if the airball shield by itself was the main shopping want from me. If you get the GnR Tibetan Breeze and the shield from pinmonk.com, domestic shipping is free anyway.

Quoted from Jackrabbt:

Ugly - When I removed the plastic to install the air ball mod, I found my first pooling issue
Why Jersey Jack did not put any protection under this post is a mystery. It does take direct hits.
PETG washers on order.

I would absolutely get the vinyl iron repair kit and using yelobird's method and smooth that out while you can before you cover it up (ideally mylar, then PETG). It will harden it a bit, too.

#14804 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Good - May playfield, 163 games played.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Bad - Semi-kudos to JJP. It looks like they are trying different things to mitigate the playfield issues though they are not there yet. The first three pics are of the typical problem areas though I am not seeing any damage yet.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
PETG washers on order.

Sorry, that pooling sucks. I'm convinced all machines have it to varying degrees and if you don't take efforts it will catch up to you eventually. Good luck.

#14805 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

[quoted image]

These I actually bought before getting my GnR with the expectation that I would have to replace the ones on the playfield. Unfortunately, the post in this hole has threads on top as well as on bottom. It's one of the supports for the long plastic.

#14806 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Good job pinmonk. Is the yellow paint edge around the washer in your picture also starting to pool? Can it also be replaced with PETG?

It does look like it is starting there too. Maybe I just need to schedule monthly playfield repair sessions with my GnR.

#14807 2 years ago

A couple Rule ideas (in case Keefer is bored and awake )

• if you beat an album mode, and start another one right after (without draining); all scores will be doubled during the second album mode. If you beat that and start a third (without draining), it’ll be worth triple scoring. If you beat that and start the 4th and final album mode (without draining) it’ll be worth quintuple scoring.

• Tour multiball: scoring increases based on # of balls in play.

#14808 2 years ago

Have had my game set up now for little over a week and it keeps getting better and better especially as I dial it in. I almost got it playing like I want now. Got scoop ajusted so it goes to left flipper . Also my left orbit exit was hitting top of sling sometimes and it was annoying me. So I took things apart last night on the left side and ajusted the guide rail and while I was under there I added some thin silicone washers under some posts that didn't have any but was happy to c everything looked good anyhow. ....also my left orbit exit goes to my left flipper almost every time now which is nice. Game is amazing .. super fast , flowy ,adrenaline rush and the light shows are far beyond anything else ever made. Can't wait to actually learn the rules somewhat...

#14809 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

[quoted image]

Its good, just need to add 3 x t nuts for the 3 x oversized holes up top, great idea from cooked71.

Edit: this problem may be corrected on newer playfields ?

All posts, especially at high impact locations should be locked in tightly ie. Tight hole for post.
Never over torqued though.

Screenshot_20210827-212044_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210827-212044_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210911-154901_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210911-154901_Chrome (resized).jpg

#14810 2 years ago

Scoop not registering as it should.
After adjusting the scoop switch to protrude higher through the hole to make contact with the ball, worked better for a while.
Now getting a 50% hit rate.
Kinda spoils the game experience to a degree.
Has anyone found a good fix for this?
Thanks

#14811 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Scoop not registering as it should.
After adjusting the scoop switch to protrude higher through the hole to make contact with the ball, worked better for a while.
Now getting a 50% hit rate.
Kinda spoils the game experience to a degree.
Has anyone found a good fix for this?
Thanks

If adjusting the switch arm doesn't fix it, try adjusting the angle of the body by loosening the screw holding it and rotating it a bit, then tighten securely.

If that doesn't help, you may have a bad switch with an intermittent connection internally. Someone else had the same issue and adjustments couldn't completely help. They replaced the switch and the issue went away - the switch was going bad.

#14813 2 years ago

^^^^ Thanks guys ^^^^^

#14814 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What chip is on the bluetooth board with the headphone jack? If there's writing in it, we an figure out what bluetooth it supports. I doubt it supports bluetooth 5, so the airpods are slumming it with compatibility mode on early bluetooths.

CSR 4.0. Has anyone tried using a 5.0 bluetooth USB adapter?

#14815 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Here’s the Marco link:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4410-01118-00
Weird thing is the description said 7/16 barrel height, but there’s a 2nd pic in the listing that sais 9/32 barrel height.
The ones I received are definitely 7/16.
And apparently PSPA sell them here according to the description:
https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/4410-01118-00.html
But for either supplier you better check with them what the actual height of the barrel is as apparently some are being sent with short barrels.

Hi Mark,
Also found these with six prong and again just shy of pf depth, base seems slightly wider than macro tee nuts and found the six prong holds better.
Been using six prong in my carpentry/joinery trade for years for better stability on table legs.
https://www.amazon.com.au/10-32-Deluxe-6-Prong-T-Nuts-Pcs/dp/B0002ZPEU4/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=%2310-32+Deluxe+6-Prong+T-Nuts+50+Pcs.&qid=1631366452&s=home-improvement&sr=1-1
Cheers

#14816 2 years ago

Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to Damonator for all his help in getting my apron monitor setup up and running! I had a few install issues and he helped to troubleshoot late on a Friday and several email exchanges before then. Many thanks, I’m digging the new addition!

B819283A-8CF6-4AC0-BF15-E17FA900E4A9 (resized).jpegB819283A-8CF6-4AC0-BF15-E17FA900E4A9 (resized).jpeg
#14817 2 years ago
Quoted from TakeOff:

Yes, I have done it. If I remember correctly, I have bent the center spinner assembly slightly to the left. You do no not have disasseble anything.

This also worked for me, did it a few months back.

#14818 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

If you order the JJP Art Blades they supposedly come with slide plastic protectors for lifting the playfield. Have not seen them in person yet but I hope to receive my JJP Art Blades in a few weeks.

They come with the CE. They work great. Just a sheet of durable but thin plastic in the shape of the side art with overhangs so they hang over the cabinet rails. Mine fit tight on one side but that could just be how my playfield sits.

#14819 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

It’s getting stuck in that Lower right bumper. What about what i said will that fuck it up picking it up and slamming it down ?

As PinMonk said, a small piece of something at the right edge of that bumper skirt will prevent the problem and is pretty much unseen. I posted a while back about a felt furniture leg dot cut in half at the edge of the skirt has worked great. Black so it’s nit noticeable. Doesn’t interfere with bumper or play and haven’t had a hang up since. Kudos to the OP who had the idea

Edit: it was @flooflighter

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/178#post-6253643

#14820 2 years ago

Started to see some post pooling on my GNR CE. Barry never got back to me and need to take care of this before it gets worse. Is Cliffy the way to go and if so do you recommend the entire protector set from him?

#14821 2 years ago

So I was playing today and the game went crazy and I thought something happened to it.... luckily it was a mode called shall we play a game. Super cool start to a mode ...to bad I had no clue what was going on lol... till next time

#14822 2 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Started to see some post pooling on my GNR CE. Barry never got back to me and need to take care of this before it gets worse. Is Cliffy the way to go and if so do you recommend the entire protector set from him?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

Cliffies are great. Post above is helpful in regards to post pooling fixing, prevention and adding PETG washers.
If you need specific help, some pictures might help everyone offer more specific advice.

#14823 2 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

Yes, but if the pooling hasn't chipped yet, I would definitely smooth it back out using yelobird's vinyl repair iron method first, let it cool, and protect it then. The vinyl iron heating and cool off seems to harden it a bit more, enhancing the protective effect of the carbon fiber discs (or mylar, or petg discs).

If it's already chipping, then the iron won't really help, so it's critical to smooth it while it's just pooled before it chips.

#14824 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So I was playing today and the game went crazy and I thought something happened to it.... luckily it was a mode called shall we play a game. Super cool start to a mode ...to bad I had no clue what was going on lol... till next time

Yeh it’s scary first time it happens. Like game is rebooting. It’s one of the album modes (chines democracy) after you compete 3 minutes of a song from that album- then start SWPAG at scoop.

#14825 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

A couple Rule ideas (in case Keefer is bored and awake
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8902d12fa80887ae624eca652580f4a4ae955aeb-1631391831-1800"};
//]]>

• if you beat an album mode, and start another one right after (without draining); all scores will be doubled during the second album mode. If you beat that and start a third (without draining), it’ll be worth triple scoring. If you beat that and start the 4th and final album mode (without draining) it’ll be worth quintuple scoring.
• Tour multiball: scoring increases based on # of balls in play.

1. I will never be good enough to do this.

2. Your mutliball is only 2 balls on my SE. Is it more on the ce/le only bc of the ball locks?

#14826 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hahahah. I love seeing these posts! I did the same thing and posted about it.

Someone mentioned they need to code in to take a picture when it starts!

#14827 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Or a succession of pictures 5 seconds apart (or 3 seconds, or whatever covers the intro to the mode so you get the range of reaction). Would be funny.

Make an attract mode screen with the DYWTPAG highest score that shows the photo succession at the start of the mode for the lowest scored one (which would probably be the first-timer with the funniest picture succession). So you get the best score and the likely best photo succession. Or maybe save 5 or 10 photo successions and rotate them on that screen. For locations, especially, that succession would be comedy gold. Watching players discover a new game's modes is hilarious.

@pinball_keefer, please?

Here's a gif of a couple players discovering for the first time that Dialed In was taking pictures of them in the selfie mode on our location security cam...
2017-08-26_Selfie Mode.gif2017-08-26_Selfie Mode.gif

#14828 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or a succession of pictures 5 seconds apart. Would be funny.

Yes! Then show them after the game... And if you get champ it shows those on the scroll!

Great idea!

#14829 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, but if the pooling hasn't chipped yet, I would definitely smooth it back out using yelobird's vinyl repair iron method first, let it cool, and protect it then. The vinyl iron heating and cool off seems to harden it a bit more, enhancing the protective effect of the carbon fiber discs (or mylar, or petg discs).
If it's already chipping, then the iron won't really help, so it's critical to smooth it while it's just pooled before it chips.

I used a hair dryer and a credit card. Not sure if buying the iron it really worth it or necessary.

#14830 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I used a hair dryer and a credit card. Not sure if buying the iron it really worth it or necessary.

More foolproof since the heat and the flat surface are all-in-one. But sure, you can do it with a hairdryer and a credit card, too.

#14831 2 years ago

Just be careful with the iron - it gets hotter and hotter the longer it's plugged in, and if you hit the playfield with TOO much heat the clear will lift/crack.

#14832 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Just be careful with the iron - it gets hotter and hotter the longer it's plugged in, and if you hit the playfield with TOO much heat the clear will lift/crack.

Good advice. When I did jjPotC's sling posts I was touching the area lightly as I ironed it to make sure it wasn't getting too hot. Barely got past warm.

#14833 2 years ago

Well I got the JJP topper yesterday. Here's my opinion:

Pros:

1) It's very thick acrylic. About 1/4 inch.
2) It's over-built. No double sided or felt tape holding it on the backbox. Held on by a big metal bracket.
3) All the holes are already pre-drilled in the top of the backbox. No drilling required.
4) It's simple.
5) It's only $ 199.00.
6) It's made as an option by JJP for the SE/LE. No need to take it off if selling it.
7) It looks good.

Cons:

1) No color changing options available. Only cool white.
2) It's simple. If you want more wait for Lior's 2 topper options.

Is it worth it? A big yes!

GNR Topper 1 (resized).jpgGNR Topper 1 (resized).jpgGNR Topper 2 (resized).jpgGNR Topper 2 (resized).jpg
#14834 2 years ago

That’s a nice topper!

#14835 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

That’s a nice topper!

Essentially the same type of topper was free on jjPotC LE. Included with every one. If they're gonna charge for it, they need to do a better job. Even a diorama with a few pieces of acrylic would have been better and would give a 3D effect.

#14836 2 years ago

My Hobbit didn't include a topper for $8500 back in 2016. Your fans weren't an option on PoC. But I do like your product.

#14837 2 years ago

I can't believe it, I am still waiting on mine to deliver. I ordered in Oct of last year...

#14838 2 years ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

I can't believe it, I am still waiting on mine to deliver. I ordered in Oct of last year...

Hang in there. There's a great many waiting with you... They appear to be working on the second half of October at least if you ordered JJP direct.

#14839 2 years ago

Yep mine was a Oct 26 direct order.. got it week or so ago... well worth the wait. Also all the fixes were allready done and the playfield is holding up well so far...

#14840 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Yeh it’s scary first time it happens. Like game is rebooting. It’s one of the album modes (chines democracy) after you compete 3 minutes of a song from that album- then start SWPAG at scoop.

Quoted from Ecw0930:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Or a succession of pictures 5 seconds apart (or 3 seconds, or whatever covers the intro to the mode so you get the range of reaction). Would be funny.
Make an attract mode screen with the DYWTPAG highest score that shows the photo succession at the start of the mode for the lowest scored one (which would probably be the first-timer with the funniest picture succession). So you get the best score and the likely best photo succession. Or maybe save 5 or 10 photo successions and rotate them on that screen. For locations, especially, that succession would be comedy gold. Watching players discover a new game's modes is hilarious.
pinball_keefer, please?
Here's a gif of a couple players discovering for the first time that Dialed In was taking pictures of them in the selfie mode on our location security cam...
[quoted image]

I'm sure I had a very concerned look on my face lol and wld be great if it took some pictures at the mode start.... very impressed so far with all the neat modes in this pin and I still have many to c..

#14841 2 years ago

I know I’ve seen it here but I can’t find it now. What do I do to stop the ball from getting stuck at the top of the drumstick. I just looked at index post I don’t see it.

#14842 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

I know I’ve seen it here but I can’t find it now. What do I do to stop the ball from getting stuck at the top of the drumstick. I just looked at index post I don’t see it.

You need to make sure you've clicked "show all" and also are sorting by keypost summary so all the tech stuff in this thread is grouped together.

These three should be of interest:

TECH: PLAYFIELD. Drumstick mylar fix Posted by Damonator
TECH: PLAYFIELD. Drumstick mylar interferes with right orbit gate Posted by fooflighter
TECH: PLAYFIELD. Drumstick to gate transition ball trap fix. Posted by PeterG

#14843 2 years ago

I officially suck at scoring. My average game is probably 1.7 million. Average start song value maybe 60. I still haven’t figured out what I need to do to hit the make some noise shot “under” the upper right flipper. That just feels like a lost cause.

Fun as hell but I suck. Highest score is I think 37 million next highest score is 18m and this is like 285 plays in….

Still don’t know what good say a lights patch does in a song mode or even a builder multiball….

Mostly venting but curious what you think of the make some noise shot and also your typical scores. Feels like I’m killing it in a song and maybe my jackpot is up to 3.5m. Big woop….

#14844 2 years ago
Quoted from sanantoniopinhea:

Well I got the JJP topper yesterday. Here's my opinion:
Pros:
1) It's very thick acrylic. About 1/4 inch.
2) It's over-built. No double sided or felt tape holding it on the backbox. Held on by a big metal bracket.
3) All the holes are already pre-drilled in the top of the backbox. No drilling required.
4) It's simple.
5) It's only $ 199.00.
6) It's made as an option by JJP for the SE/LE. No need to take it off if selling it.
7) It looks good.
Cons:
1) No color changing options available. Only cool white.
2) It's simple. If you want more wait for Lior's 2 topper options.
Is it worth it? A big yes!

Plus… custom box!

DAACAA4D-B227-4A23-A401-72A9D1C289A4 (resized).jpegDAACAA4D-B227-4A23-A401-72A9D1C289A4 (resized).jpeg

#14845 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I officially suck at scoring. My average game is probably 1.7 million. Average start song value maybe 60. I still haven’t figured out what I need to do to hit the make some noise shot “under” the upper right flipper. That just feels like a lost cause.
Fun as hell but I suck. Highest score is I think 37 million next highest score is 18m and this is like 285 plays in….
Still don’t know what good say a lights patch does in a song mode or even a builder multiball….
Mostly venting but curious what you think of the make some noise shot and also your typical scores. Feels like I’m killing it in a song and maybe my jackpot is up to 3.5m. Big woop….

Just under 10 million is my best so far ,played so hard almost needed a nap . I believe make some noise to activates from upper playfield, I could be wrong. have fun!

#14846 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I’m right there with you man. I feel like I’m getting better but the scores aren’t reflecting it… yet. My GC score is like 22 mil. The other day I got a song value up to my personal best of like 95, even played the song pretty well, and came away with 8 million. The thing is stingy!

I have only been able to start make some noise on accident except once when I had a bouncing ball above the right flipper and was able to backhand it home. Felt great but it’s a pretty out-of-control way to make it happen. Hopefully some angle genius will chime in and tell us how to get it going on the regular…

#14847 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

there is an effective and simple solution.
The 3D Print from agima2000 works perfectly at this point.
A rubber is then also no longer needed, which only has an additional edge where the ball stops.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835017[quoted image]

the more simple solution is to add more sensitivity on bumper switch!

#14848 2 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

the more simple solution is to add more sensitivity on bumper switch!

i tried, too often the ball runs slowly btw bumper and metal railing and stops. The simple and cheap agima solution works fine.

#14849 2 years ago

Ok sound experts: bought the Pinwoofer upgrade kit for my CE. It comes with an “upgraded” 8” sub. But I’m not sure it’s an upgrade - my installed stock one is a Pyramid 300w WX85X:
DAD30C56-A976-4151-9B7B-AD2CAFD3ADAB (resized).jpegDAD30C56-A976-4151-9B7B-AD2CAFD3ADAB (resized).jpeg

And the upgrade Pinwoofer one is the Goldwood GW8024:
C6550F0B-BA1A-4216-A3A5-6BEFBE2F0017 (resized).jpegC6550F0B-BA1A-4216-A3A5-6BEFBE2F0017 (resized).jpeg

From my brief internet search, it looks like the stock Pyramid one may be better - pretty much same specs but a beefier magnet.

I can understand replacing the stock Wonka no name ones in the videos (may also be on the GNR le), but I’m not sure it’s worth it on this.

Anyone know more about these speakers?

#14850 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ok sound experts: bought the Pinwoofer upgrade kit for my CE. It comes with an “upgraded” 8” sub. But I’m not sure it’s an upgrade - my installed stock one is a Pyramid 300w WX85X:
[quoted image]
And the upgrade Pinwoofer one is the Goldwood GW8024:
[quoted image]
From my brief internet search, it looks like the stock Pyramid one may be better - pretty much same specs but a beefier magnet.
I can understand replacing the stock Wonka no name ones in the videos (may also be on the GNR le), but I’m not sure it’s worth it on this.
Anyone know more about these speakers?

The Pyramid is a cheap speaker, nothing to write home about, and you can't compare spec sheets because exaggeration is the order of the day in that price range from China.

Just a quick look at the amazon reviews for both has only 38% 5 star/23% 3 star on the Pyramid and 64% five star/12% 3 star on the Goldwood.

Plus the goldwood is what came with the kit, so they know the sound they want to give you. I'd go with what they gave you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,400 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 297 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/297?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.