IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 567.
#14701 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

FYI, the outhole drain cliffy has caused many ball hang-ups on slow rolling balls, requiring me to shake it loose to drain. I tried to smooth it over with mylar, but it would still hang there occasionally.
I plan on removing it. I don't think the area is at risk, and if it is, mylar by itself would work better. [quoted image]

I've never had that on any outhole cliffy and I have them on almost every game. You probably need to adjust it a bit.

#14702 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I've never had that on any outhole cliffy and I have them on almost every game. You probably need to adjust it a bit.

I had this issue with my Cliffy, as well. It happened for the first 10 games, and now doesn't seem to be a problem.

#14703 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

This is great feedback
Once I get the concerts... I may need to invest in these and mirrors!

If you order the JJP Art Blades they supposedly come with slide plastic protectors for lifting the playfield. Have not seen them in person yet but I hope to receive my JJP Art Blades in a few weeks.

#14704 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

FYI, the outhole drain cliffy has caused many ball hang-ups on slow rolling balls, requiring me to shake it loose to drain. I tried to smooth it over with mylar, but it would still hang there occasionally.
I plan on removing it. I don't think the area is at risk, and if it is, mylar by itself would work better. [quoted image]

I had a Deadpool LE that chipped from a fast moving drain in this area before my cliffys showed up. FYI. I have this installed on my GnR and the low amount of ball hangs ups is worth it to me to avoid damage.

#14705 2 years ago

Anyone get the topper yet?

#14706 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Last week. Opened the box to check it but didn’t install.

#14707 2 years ago

Finished installing my Tibetans. Just to be sure, this extra wire is supposed to go somewhere or is just an add on for a different game setup?

05C4C67C-F4DD-4379-8BB9-661F4700498B (resized).jpeg05C4C67C-F4DD-4379-8BB9-661F4700498B (resized).jpeg5092F4DB-5E9B-4E90-9D3A-74CB60D5ABA6 (resized).jpeg5092F4DB-5E9B-4E90-9D3A-74CB60D5ABA6 (resized).jpeg
#14708 2 years ago

Also added my pinovators thingie.
Is it ok to have it installed in the game, while disconnected from a sub? Should I expect some sort of hum or noise if it’s not plugged in on the other end just yet?

6D9AC896-2537-490C-9EA6-8662A226ADDE (resized).jpeg6D9AC896-2537-490C-9EA6-8662A226ADDE (resized).jpeg
#14709 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bigger rubber on the post nearby or there is a 3D printed part you can print to stop that as well. It's in the topic index for this thread (link to the index at the top of each page in this thread. Sort by keypost summary to group all the tech stuff together).

The 3D printed part you are talking about is standard on 'new' deliveries (on mine ; may 2021 is one already on it)

#14710 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

The 3D printed part you are talking about is standard on 'new' deliveries (on mine ; may 2021 is one already on it)

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it's been included for a while now...

#14711 2 years ago

where is this 3 d printed part located on machine Thanks

#14712 2 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

where is this 3 d printed part located on machine Thanks

Check the topic index link at the top of any page in this thread. Sort by keypost summary and look in the TECH:PLAYFIELD section for a link to the post with pics and links to the file to print.

#14713 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

A normal 'help piece' is on the first bumper on the right (so not the two above). It's a transparant piece of plastic.

#14714 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

When I’m done it’s time for the Tibetans to go in

Tibetans moving into a GnR is always a good thing. They are real friendly and keep your coils cool. Very good houseguests.

#14715 2 years ago

The screws coming from inside the rail are too long to be lifted just from the front. And the protector uses the front 2 screws

I had the same statement, only the rail screws is not enough
You have to remove everything that make the plastic rail rigid ( metallic part on the side and so on) until you will able to lift it up

#14716 2 years ago

Finished installing my Tibetans. Just to be sure, this extra wire is supposed to go somewhere or is just an add on for a different game setup?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's an extension from the included backbox power splitter down into the cabinet so there is plenty of wire for when the head is folded down. It's just one line of the first panel (Instruction B.6) telling you to connect that wire to the splitter and drop it into the cabinet so it's available for step 5.

This is not an uncommon question, though. I'll probably have to make it an 8 panel instruction to add room to illustrate common points like this that are not completely clear from the existing instructions.

Thanks for the support! Post your long-game high scores now.

EDIT: That bracket pictured is on the wrong side of the coma lock coil bracket. It should be on the other side so the fan is blowing directly on the flipper coil.

#14717 2 years ago
Quoted from Nonox:

I had the same statement, only the rail screws is not enough
You have to remove everything that make the plastic rail rigid ( metallic part on the side and so on) until you will able to lift it up

No, just unscrew some of the screws from the plastic rail (and the auto-shooter for the first screw....) and lift the rail. It works, did it myself. No need to take the rail of, too much work! Make sure to pull it, flip in the cliffy and put the led-rail back quickly.

#14718 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

No, just unscrew some of the screws from the plastic rail (and the auto-shooter for the first screw....) and lift the rail. It works, did it myself. No need to take the rail of, too much work! Make sure to pull it, flip in the cliffy and put the led-rail back quickly.

Yup that’s what worked for me this morning after a nice PM tip.

#14719 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's an extension from the included backbox power splitter down into the cabinet so there is plenty of wire for when the head is folded down. It's just one line of the first panel (Instruction B.6) telling you to connect that wire to the splitter and drop it into the cabinet so it's available for step 5.
This is not an uncommon question, though. I'll probably have to make it an 8 panel instruction to add room to illustrate common points like this that are not completely clear from the existing instructions.
Thanks for the support! Post your long-game high scores now.
EDIT: That bracket pictured is on the wrong side of the coma lock coil bracket. It should be on the other side so the fan is blowing directly on the flipper coil.

Thanks for the heads up, now that I’m looking at it, makes sense.
As for my score… well, let’s just say I haven’t touched the game since may, about three weeks after getting it and seeing the paint chip off. Took a while getting everything from the different vendors across the ocean, losing a cliffy parcel along the way… now that I’m done with the add ons I’ll get to the washers and the last cliffy (guess which one), and hopefully by this weekend I’ll only really start playing this thing

Ps another idea I could think of that would really make it easier for dummies (me me me) would be to add a small R L UR/UL print on each unit so there’s no need to try and figure out which goes where.

#14720 2 years ago

Got the extra petg washers so I went and fixed the post i hadnt washers before since the factory had a black one on it. Some art tore a little but its not too bad I guess. Used a hair dryer on low and a socket extender to flatten it. Found very minor pooling on the apron posts and even a little on the right outline post so washers those too. Hope I am freaking done now.

20210908_175240 (resized).jpg20210908_175240 (resized).jpg20210908_190856 (resized).jpg20210908_190856 (resized).jpg
#14722 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Got the extra petg washers so I went and fixed the post i hadnt washers before since the factory had a black one on it. Some art tore a little but its not too bad I guess. Used a hair dryer on low and a socket extender to flatten it. Found very minor pooling on the apron posts and even a little on the right outline post so washers those too. Hope I am freaking done now.

Noticed your switch slot protectors. Doesn't the ball drop from he ramp return before the switch?

#14724 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Noticed your switch slot protectors. Doesn't the ball drop from he ramp return before the switch?

Yes, which is why I didn't opt for them on Guns.

I did install them on POTC and Wonka though.

#14725 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah don't think they matter much on GnR.

#14726 2 years ago

Are there still issues with newer GNR playfields from JJP? Or have they corrected with washers etc ….?

#14727 2 years ago

The issues have not been resolved, merely covered up until they spread past the washers. Playfields are garbage. Machine is good.

#14728 2 years ago

Question when my ball has gotten stuck I have picked up the machine and put it down to get the ball free. It occurred to me this might be very stupid and damage the machine. Should I only do side to side shaking when a ball is stuck? I noticed the thing with the clippers getting weak. Also my ball will drain sometimes but the game thinks it’s still on play it seems. Eventually will free my locked balls trying to find the “stuck” ball

#14729 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

Question when my ball has gotten stuck I have picked up the machine and put it down to get the ball free. It occurred to me this might be very stupid and damage the machine. Should I only do side to side shaking when a ball is stuck? I noticed the thing with the clippers getting weak. Also my ball will drain sometimes but the game thinks it’s still on play it seems. Eventually will free my locked balls trying to find the “stuck” ball

Where is it getting stuck? You want to fix the ball traps. It should not be getting stuck if you have the lower right bumper spot fixed and have it level left to right and pitched properly, the ball shouldn't be getting stuck.

#14730 2 years ago

It’s getting stuck in that Lower right bumper. What about what i said will that fuck it up picking it up and slamming it down ?

#14731 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

It’s getting stuck in that Lower right bumper. What about what i said will that fuck it up picking it up and slamming it down ?

Fix the spot where it's getting stuck. Raising and dropping the pin is a bad solution.

There are solutions to that problem in the topic index. Click the topic index link at the top of any page in this thread, then click sort by keypost summary, then look in the TECH:PLAYFIELD section for links to 2 solutions to this problem so it doesn't happen anymore.

#14732 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

Question when my ball has gotten stuck I have picked up the machine and put it down to get the ball free. It occurred to me this might be very stupid and damage the machine.

Yeah...that's called a "coffin drop" and it's a supremely shitty thing to do to a machine IMO.

#14733 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fix the spot where it's getting stuck. Raising and dropping the pin is a bad solution.
There are solutions to that problem in the topic index. Click the topic index link at the top of any page in this thread, then click sort by keypost summary, then look in the TECH:PLAYFIELD section for links to 2 solutions to this problem so it doesn't happen anymore.

Ok thanks I looked but pretty much all this stuff is over my head. I’ll have to try and figure it out.

#14734 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah...that's called a "coffin drop" and it's a supremely shitty thing to do to a machine IMO.

Thanks won’t do that again hopefully I didn’t ruin the thing in the first week I have it lol

#14735 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

Ok thanks I looked but pretty much all this stuff is over my head. I’ll have to try and figure it out.

The solutions specific to your problem in the index are dead simple. One of them is putting a piece of foam on the bumper skirt. ANYONE can do that, and it works.

#14736 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where is it getting stuck? You want to fix the ball traps. It should not be getting stuck if you have the lower right bumper spot fixed and have it level left to right and pitched properly, the ball shouldn't be getting stuck.

I've had my ball get stuck under the center spinner/pick multiple times. Had it during a song tonight at a 7m jackpot that I had to let go.

Anyone else has their ball get stuck under the center pick? And any solutions?

It's also just today started getting ting stuck between the top of the right ramp and drumstick. Any thoughts there?

#14737 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I've had my ball get stuck under the center spinner/pick multiple times. Had it during a song tonight at a 7m jackpot that I had to let go.
Anyone else has their ball get stuck under the center pick? And any solutions?
It's also just today started getting ting stuck between the top of the right ramp and drumstick. Any thoughts there?

Drumstick fix is in the topic index tech section. There's a couple solutions listed, depending on the issue.

Spinner I dunno. Does it move freely?

#14738 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

Thanks won’t do that again hopefully I didn’t ruin the thing in the first week I have it lol

Noone's said it, but the solution to a stuck ball that won't move with a slap on the side or a wiggle, is to open the coin door, move the lock bar slider so you can remove it and then slide the glass down to remove the ball by hand.

This won't hurt the machine and in fact you can drop the ball on an upraised flipper and carry on with your game after sliding the glass back on.

Also the ball search should certainly find that stuck ball, it may take a couple of goes but it will.

EasyFixAnywayPunkin

#14739 2 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Are there still issues with newer GNR playfields from JJP? Or have they corrected with washers etc ….?

Knock on wood. My July build seems solid. No issues thus far 250 plays in.

#14740 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Knock on wood. My July build seems solid. No issues thus far 250 plays in.

Seems things are definitely better after june/july builds. The playfield on mine is definitely different from prior g@r ones and other jjp titles . Looks like something with the digital printing is different and the clearcoat is for sure thinner and not as shiny. So something was changed and it seems to have helped overall bc we are not hearing about the playfield issues much on the newer builds. I hope this is a step in the right direction for micro/jjp bc the games are really great but keep getting a bad rep bc of the issues.

#14741 2 years ago
Quoted from GnFnR:

there is an effective and simple solution.
The 3D Print from agima2000 works perfectly at this point.
A rubber is then also no longer needed, which only has an additional edge where the ball stops.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4835017

Abweiser eingebaut (resized).jpgAbweiser eingebaut (resized).jpg
#14742 2 years ago

The holes for the 3 danger posts are too large in diameter allowing for movement, as seen in the video that was posted ages ago

After having my game for over 2 months without any play, due to too many other commitments, I am MAKING the time to get the bulletproofing job done.

So I have lower playfield complete almost 3hrs, working on upper now and I find that I will have to get a 3 x metal or plastic sleeves for the 3.......... super problem posts. I have installed bigger T-Nut and have longer posts ready to go. -_- The larger T-nut is still not long enough to reach all the way through the PF -_-.

****** Has anyone found perfect size tubing that can be cut to length and fitted to post ? *******

20210909_161858_resized (resized).jpg20210909_161858_resized (resized).jpg20210909_165144_resized (resized).jpg20210909_165144_resized (resized).jpg

#14743 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Seems things are definitely better after june/july builds. The playfield on mine is definitely different from prior g@r ones and other jjp titles . Looks like something with the digital printing is different and the clearcoat is for sure thinner and not as shiny. So something was changed and it seems to have helped overall bc we are not hearing about the playfield issues much on the newer builds. I hope this is a step in the right direction for micro/jjp bc the games are really great but keep getting a bad rep bc of the issues.

How can you tell they are different? I thought ALL playfields were already made.

#14744 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

How can you tell they are different? I thought ALL playfields were already made.

Yep, removing problem posts will prove if the issue has truly been addressed. At the moment my guess is they are dressed with washers and torqued with a little more care.

If and when JJP run new playfields it would be a good idea to copy Stern and remove art around posts. Also a great idea would be to get all playfield through holes drilled the correct size to match posts that are used.

Perhaps they will come with a more fancy stamp ?

20210909_134044_resized (resized).jpg20210909_134044_resized (resized).jpg

#14745 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was told by my distributor it was shipping in the next day or two. I figure it will be here by early next week.

#14746 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I thought ALL playfields were already made.

I don't think they would have made all the 5562 playfields at once .

#14747 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't think they would have made all the 5562 playfields at once .

Now where did you come up with that crazy high number??? JJP never publishes actual numbers and if you cut it down by 4,000 to maybe 1562, you’d still be way too high. JJP is a tiny boutique company and does not sell that many of anything. Lol (well maybe they’ve sold 5,562 black PETG washers, but that’d be it, loooool)

#14748 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Now where did you come up with that crazy high number??? JJP never publishes actual numbers and if you cut it down by 4,000 to maybe 1562, you’d still be way too high. JJP is a tiny boutique company and does not sell that many of anything. Lol

Piss off Jimmy , spread your troll shit in the other threads .

#14749 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Piss off Jimmy , spread your troll shit in the other threads .

What happened JJP Shill Screamnir? Did I hit a truth nerve troll buddy? Lol Don’t like being called out I guess?

#14750 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

So sorry to see this terrible crap on your nice PF. The interesting thing about almost every poor quality issue with JJP, even in addition to the many play fields problems, is mech, electrical, lights, CPU issues, etc. If these machines were cars, we’d call them lemons. I know there are on occasions some JJP machines with very few plays, so they have very few issues, but every location I’ve seen a JJP machine, its almost always out of service. Cannot figure out where the myth JJP makes quality products comes from? Hope you’re able to arrest those issues so they don’t become larger. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 11,000.00
8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 295 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/295?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.