IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 567.
#14501 2 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

My magnet failed after one week got a replacment two weeks ago and that one failed after two days. Ken told me they used low quality components on the first batch of magnets. So it is strange why my second magnet failed so fast.

Yep, 0 for 2 on magnet thermal "switches" too, haven't gotten another replacement even though I've requested one several times. Also can't get the code to update after multiple tries. JJP machines are a huge pain in the ass basically. Yes, I realize you can spend all day on Pinside learning all the ins and outs of each release and trying to bullet-proof the machine with washers/fans/etc.

#14502 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Yep, 0 for 2 on magnet thermal "switches" too, haven't gotten another replacement even though I've requested one several times. Also can't get the code to update after multiple tries. JJP machines are a huge pain in the ass basically. Yes, I realize you can spend all day on Pinside learning all the ins and outs of each release and trying to bullet-proof the machine with washers/fans/etc.

Or you could do like some people And just pay somebody.
I don't know how you would maintain 66 machines any other way. Unless you're pin-poor, of course.

#14503 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Or you could do like some people And just pay somebody.
I don't know how you would maintain 66 machines any other way. Unless you're pin-poor, of course.

Honestly, I maintain all my own games, do playfield swaps, etc. JJP games are uniquely troublesome for "new" games imo. And who does one pay to make the code update like it is supposed to? And why should it be this way?

#14504 2 years ago

Does anyone know if this wire plugs in anywhere?! I was messing around in the back and I can not tell if it was ever hooked up or if I accidentally pulled it out somewhere.

3C5E6D6C-6EE5-44F3-924E-676F39A74C8C (resized).jpeg3C5E6D6C-6EE5-44F3-924E-676F39A74C8C (resized).jpeg5DF7CA6D-27A2-43DC-BD46-76207250E4D0 (resized).jpeg5DF7CA6D-27A2-43DC-BD46-76207250E4D0 (resized).jpeg
#14506 2 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Honestly, I maintain all my own games, do playfield swaps, etc. JJP games are uniquely troublesome for "new" games imo. And who does one pay to make the code update like it is supposed to? And why should it be this way?

Fair enough. I can tell you are a wise veteran here. Reminds me of a story...
My wife's grandmother never would get a car with automatic windows. She said it was just another thing to break. Seems fitting.

Anyway.
Sometimes techy people can bully the updates across because they're used to whispering to the computers In the way they need to be spoken to.

Are you trying to update on Wi-Fi?
If you're an older firmware version I do recall that sometimes you have to load the whole update onto a USB stick and force the update that way. Many people have had problems with the updates on here for various reasons but they seem to all get resolved through one method or another... Mostly persistence and the power of the forum.

#14507 2 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

what everybody but me has hot coils and magnets ?
I seriously do not have these issues .

You have the issue. Guaranteed if you're playing 30 minutes or more your stock right coil is at least 180F. You may not be tuned into the fade, or haven't hit severe fade where you notice it due to your play style.

#14508 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You may not be tuned into the fade, or haven't hit severe fade where you notice it due to your play style.....

.......or BAC.

#14509 2 years ago

Hey all.

Snagged a deal on a late Sept pre-order for an LE. Excited to try it after having an SE for a bit.

Are the new builds from the factory improved in the post / washer department or do I still need to do the whole rip everything apart and replace them thing? Thanks!

#14510 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Hey all.
Snagged a deal on a late Sept pre-order for an LE. Excited to try it after having an SE for a bit.
Are the new builds from the factory improved in the post / washer department or do I still need to do the whole rip everything apart and replace them thing? Thanks!

Hard to tell exactly from what's been posted, but seems like at least halfway to acceptable almost a year after release. You'll probably have to check the post thickness, at minimum.

#14511 2 years ago

Hey all.

I would do all the posts with PETG washers if you wanna be safe. My June build had pooling issues after a couple hundred plays.

#14512 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I would do all the posts with PETG washers if you wanna be safe. My June build had pooling issues after a couple hundred plays.

I dunno, some of these washer pics seem to be moving the pooling out further.

I used gummy washers on POTC and it worked very well - Titan Pinball makes some soft washers too for this kinda thing.

#14513 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I dunno, some of these washer pics seem to be moving the pooling out further.
I used gummy washers on POTC and it worked very well - Titan Pinball makes some soft washers too for this kinda thing.

Well whatever, just saying I wouldn't leave it and not expect pooling.

#14514 2 years ago

Whatever method you go with, you need Mylar at a minimum.

#14515 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips all. Guess I’ll check out some key posts.

With my Beatles, and Maiden, and TNA, and Wonka, and Quicksilver w/ micro playfield… I just ironed down stuff that showed up in the first couple weeks and slapped some Mylar circles down and it seemed to do the trick. Not sure if I’m up for tearing everything down and putting in better washers out of the gate, which frankly sounds exhausting LOL.

Was hoping JJP had switched to the PETG but sounds like a no, bummer!

#14516 2 years ago

Thanks for the tips all. Guess I’ll check out some key posts.
With my Beatles, and Maiden, and TNA, and Wonka, and Quicksilver w/ micro playfield… I just ironed down stuff that showed up in the first couple weeks and slapped some Mylar circles down and it seemed to do the trick. Not sure if I’m up for tearing everything down and putting in better washers out of the gate, which frankly sounds exhausting LOL.
Was hoping JJP had switched to the PETG but sounds like a no, bummer!

They mostly did - they’re using mostly the black Petg with washers on top and it’s still pooling. The thinking is that it’s the washer on top causing the problem, not the Petg.

#14517 2 years ago

What Is BAC.
Hope one of the people who played this chime in because then my play style would not be in question but i play my game for hours with 2 players and play with many multi ball modes of which most people complain about and still no fade , all shots are fast and firm as when the game is 10 minutes running. magnet works through as well .
Glad i have this luck then because i do not have the playfield lottery won however

Quoted from Vespula:

.......or BAC.

#14518 2 years ago

Blood Alcohol Content. I'm sure it was just a jab.

#14519 2 years ago

too damn many to read through, anybody got a update/summary of which posts to fix/replace?

#14520 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

too damn many to read through, anybody got a update/summary of which posts to fix/replace?

Look at it closely

78DE886A-013D-4154-A356-6292A04B74C5.gif78DE886A-013D-4154-A356-6292A04B74C5.gif
#14521 2 years ago

I'm keeping a very close eye on my nib August build for issues which was just set up few days ago . So far so good ...jjp seems to have changed some posts/nuts with lots washers and also looks like micro may have changed some things possibly with the digital printing .... the clearcoat is definitely different compared to my other jjp pins also the thickness of cc is noticeably thinner.. Playfield date isjune 30 2021. Will see ..so far over 50 long games with of course lots of multi ball . Super awesome pin.

#14522 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Blood Alcohol Content. I'm sure it was just a jab.

A jab injecting humor, maybe.

#14523 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

A jab injecting humor, maybe.

Exactly what I meant.

#14524 2 years ago

The wait is finally over! 10/18 order date direct from JJP. My kids and I are super excited. Now I just have to ya know, tear it apart and put washers and cliffys everywhere. I'm still playing a few games tonight tho.

20210903_162332 (resized).jpg20210903_162332 (resized).jpg20210903_180815 (resized).jpg20210903_180815 (resized).jpg20210903_180831 (resized).jpg20210903_180831 (resized).jpg
#14525 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Exactly what I meant.

In the USA, a jab is an insult, not a harmless attempt at humor.

#14526 2 years ago
Quoted from Brparks:

The wait is finally over! 10/18 order date direct from JJP. My kids and I are super excited. Now I just have to ya know, tear it apart and put washers and cliffys everywhere. I'm still playing a few games tonight tho.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, 2169 direct in da house! Congrats!!
It's taken them 11 months to go through 13 days of orders. Considering I ordered 12/30 that means I should have mine in around 7 years.

#14527 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's also paid employment in New Jersey and some areas of the upper east coast.

#14528 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's also paid employment in New Jersey and some areas of the upper east coast.

Omg, I pondered that for a good 28 seconds or so before it clicked and I belly laughed so fast I choked! Priceless.

#14529 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Omg, I pondered that for a good 28 seconds or so before it clicked and I belly laughed so fast I choked! Priceless.

I kid, I kid.

My boss' son had a girlfriend from Jersey he brought out to CA when I worked at their computer store when I was in high school. She had a HEAVY New Jersey accent, and it inspired the custom plate for my first car I restored, a 1965 Dodge Dart with a 318 V8 - DAWDGE. People would randomly come up to me trying to buy just the license plate. It amused a lot of people.

#14530 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I did the same that was funny!

#14531 2 years ago

Great story. Being from the south it sounds more Texas Alabama when I read it in my head. But still funny. I'm surprised anyone in California got it... Now if it said El Dawrado, then maybe.

#14532 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Great story. Being from the south it sounds more Texas Alabama when I read it in my head. But still funny. I'm surprised anyone in California got it... Now if it said El Dawrado, then maybe.

Yeah, it sounds like a general upper east coast accent. Like a Ted Kennedy or something. I haven't heard a straight up southern accent that said it like that, but maybe it's regional. It's 180 degrees from a CA/West Coast accent, that's for sure.

#14533 2 years ago

Has anybody had an issue when the left diverter is lowered the ball getting stuck in the inner loop after dropping through the upper playfield? I’m gonna lift the playfield up in the morning but just curious to know if anybody had to adjust the position slightly of the up-down mechanism? Not even sure if this is adjustable.

#14534 2 years ago

Yes. It's a two minute adjustment.

1. Lift playfield and put in 2nd service position.
2. Go to left side of machine.
3. Look under the left ramp (under the diverter) and there are two nuts.
4. They were installed wrong. Invert both in the opposite direction and tighten.

Problem solved.

#14535 2 years ago

Hey all,

Quick question ref spotlights.
Does the left move on a different plane to the right? Seems it doesn’t have the same smooth action as the right.
Also noticed when you move the right by hand slowly there is some tension but the left feels like it has free play - no tension.

I applied the link fix successfully.

#14536 2 years ago

Trying again.

Any insight on how many times you have it hit a Travel shot to get the Tour multiball?

I've only done it once. Wondering how it's calculated. It seems I screen down the orbits and inner loop millions of times with now multiball.

Thanks.

#14537 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Trying again.
Any insight on how many times you have it hit a Travel shot to get the Tour multiball?
I've only done it once. Wondering how it's calculated. It seems I screen down the orbits and inner loop millions of times with now multiball.
Thanks.

It’s a LOT! I had to focus on just hitting the outer loop shots many many times before reaching Tour Multiball and putting up the high score for that mode. You’ll see the small city LEDs light across the lower playfield from blue to red as you get closer. It’s a fun mode, way better than that Desert Demolition joke of a mode. Have fun!

#14538 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

It’s a LOT! I had to focus on just hitting the outer loop shots many many times before reaching Tour Multiball and putting up the high score for that mode. You’ll see the small city LEDs light across the lower playfield from blue to red as you get closer. It’s a fun mode, way better than that Desert Demolition joke of a mode. Have fun!

Get the sunglasses patch. It will bump the cities on the playfield for tour multiball.

#14539 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Inner loop shots count as well. And there’s tour patch.

#14540 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well the USA isn't the definition of language, that's for sure.

verb
poke roughly or quickly, especially with something sharp or pointed.
"she jabbed him in his ribs"

#14541 2 years ago

Just noticed the mini lcd on my game is out.

I can't see any obvious loose connectors under the pf. It looks like there is zero power to it.

Is there a fuse related to this display?

#14542 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well the USA isn't the definition of language, that's for sure.
verb
poke roughly or quickly, especially with something sharp or pointed.
"she jabbed him in his ribs"

It is when I'm writing the sentences.

And my original BAC comment was not a verbal jab of any type.

#14543 2 years ago

Well you can write the definition as you are the only one who has a clue what you were talking when you directed the BAC comment towards someone who was talking about flipper fade.

So make it up as you go along.

#14544 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It is when I'm writing the sentences.
And my original BAC comment was not a verbal jab of any type.

Good luck.

#14545 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Well you can write the definition as you are the only one who has a clue what you were talking when you directed the BAC comment towards someone who was talking about flipper fade.
So make it up as you go along.

Thanks. You're the best. I'm glad to know you can speak for the entire community on their understanding of what I said. It must be hard for such an omniscient super human such as yourself to wallow amongst us little people.

#14546 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Thanks. You're the best. I'm glad to know you can speak for the entire community on their understanding of what I said. It must be hard for such an omniscient super human such as yourself to wallow amongst us little people.

Nasty little person aren't you?

#14547 2 years ago

Geez. Get off each other’s jocks. The BAC is clearly a joke but probably not funny to a recovering alcoholic. But, English is English, and slang is slang. And the formal definition of jab (slang aside) is generally negative. A rough poke of something sharp isn’t pleasant.

And for the record I tend to agree with the fade. Not noticing and not happening are two different things. I would bet my house and firstborn that every GNR fades (scientifically and qualitativey for those sensitive to it) when you play deep into a game save for games with PinMonk’s fans.

#14548 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Nasty little person aren't you?

Punkin your out of bounds here. 15 yard penalty for unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct. Automatic first down.

#14549 2 years ago

My BAC is clearly too low for this conversation so I must increase intake until I get (pissed)!

#14550 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

My BAC is clearly too low for this conversation so I must increase intake until I get (pissed)!

Now we’re back on track!!!! Honestly. I just feel bad for anyone who rates this game poorly or doesn’t “get it”. To me… this game would be a 9.5 if it only had Welcome to the Jungle…. But man…. I’ve never been as enamored with an inanimate object as I am this game. Now I know what my wife must feel like towards her plug in vibrator.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/291?hl=zac1025 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.