pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5643 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2460.gif
IMG_0503 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2451 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 1.26.23 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 563.
#14401 2 years ago

How many travel shots does it take to get travel multiball?

I've only gotten it once.

It seems almost unreachable.

Also, is it adjustable in the menu?

#14402 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You got it! And here’s another, one I’ve been using a lot lately. After fender patch, grab the poster and T-Shirt patches. That set of 2 decreases the rock meter slower allowing you to trap up more during songs and even get the encore easier. I usually go for those before Duff and Vader.
Also, I value Duff patch higher than Vader as Vader (drums) can be collected for frenzy with right ramp or pops so it’s easier to collect if you happen to not get the patch. Both patches are right next to each other so it’s easy to toggle back and forth before collecting.

I have been using this same strategy as well. I hit my GC of 172 million with a Paradise City score of 162. About a week later hit 142M with 129M on november rain. I have not been playing either of those as a first of second song. I usually only play them if I get to a third song. If going for high score. Patches are where those high scores are at, not just patches. I should say patch stacking.

#14403 2 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Just made this custom shooter rod
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you put Rockford Fosgates in your DE GNR as well?

B48272D5-D25E-4107-986C-92E075B1CBE2 (resized).jpegB48272D5-D25E-4107-986C-92E075B1CBE2 (resized).jpeg
#14404 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Could not have said this better. The slings have eyes! I swear it! I turned mine up just a tad bit I might add more power. They are very floaty and just love the alley-oop to the opposite outlane!
Love how you put it with the multiball drain and the 2 ball volleyball and one showing up out of nowhere. Hahahaha.
Sooooo infuriating.
But, cmon man.... Live and let die! Jungle! Getting to the solo in November rain. Hell, even Chinese Democracy. And that jackpot shot is the best (and worst) in pinball!
Tweak it in all types of ways bro. Love it. Mold it. Make it your own. Tune it to be yours and then rock it!

Getting there! Today I brought the slings down a couple of notches and I’m not getting slaughtered by volleyball. Oh, it still is dangerous but the murder percentage seems about halved. And finally my mini-bending of the guitar lock outs didn’t throw anything sdtm. We are making progress. My GC score of 22 mil hasn’t budged, but I see a brighter future… and it would have been amazing if I just could have found the dang scoop at the end of Sweet Child O’ Mine. Another day!

Here’s one thing I keep failing at: my bottom pop bumper’s skirt keeps getting stuck, flat against the pf, which obviously sticks the switch and it won’t fire again until I dig my fingernails against it and pull it back up. I thought it might be some mylar it was getting shoved under, but it’s not. When I un-stick it, sounds like some plastic scrapes up over whatever is holding it down, and I can’t make it stick by pushing it around with my finger. Haven’t had this problem before with a pin. Anyone have experience with such a thing?

#14405 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I'm still waiting on my LE I ordered on October 10. Starting to lose my patience (pun intended). Is anyone else who ordered early/mid October still waiting on their LE?

I'm same boat as you.

#14406 2 years ago

Why do letters seem to disappear when I’m trying to collect the Fender (or any patch??). I swear I’ll have like one letter then hit the left ramp and the ball drains through the upper playfield hole and I’m back to zero letters….

#14407 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I'm same boat as you.

That sucks. I’m feeling SOOOOO fortunate!!! I’ve never been more excited about a personal belonging in my life. Seriously. The satisfaction. Damn. I’m over the top giddy. Exceeded all expectations.

#14408 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Why do letters seem to disappear when I’m trying to collect the Fender (or any patch??). I swear I’ll have like one letter then hit the left ramp and the ball drains through the upper playfield hole and I’m back to zero letters….

I believe it’s because the lights rotate between the three inlanes (AMP, GNR, JAM). When you complete one, those lights are “collected” and you need to build them back up. During a song, they don’t rotate or go away as collecting all 9 will light the extra ball option if you decide to cash out. You probably want someone else to confirm this though.

#14409 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I'm still waiting on my LE I ordered on October 10. Starting to lose my patience (pun intended). Is anyone else who ordered early/mid October still waiting on their LE?

Quoted from Vernisious:

I'm same boat as you.

Assuming you went through a disty adds unknown variables to me with so many hands in the cookie jar but we have seen postings just like yours that we know JJP direct is definitely still working through October orders as well as within their disty network.

The whole distribution network allocation and allotment is a black hole to me. More disclosure on that and how it works so people can make informed choices would be helpful. I going to stand on a ledge here and say I would think JJP has some production order dates and their distributors are a phone call away and should support them when to expect their customers orders.

What does your disty tell you when you ask?

#14410 2 years ago
Quoted from Galooch:

I believe it’s because the lights rotate between the three inlanes (AMP, GNR, JAM). When you complete one, those lights are “collected” and you need to build them back up. During a song, they don’t rotate or go away as collecting all 9 will light the extra ball option if you decide to cash out. You probably want someone else to confirm this though.

The stack of lit lights move right or left through the lanes with each flipper flip when you’re not in a song or other mode.

#14411 2 years ago

Anyone know where this shooter Rod comes from ?

IMG_20210901_232909 (resized).jpgIMG_20210901_232909 (resized).jpg
#14412 2 years ago

My topper sets are now available with a version for the mini flipper: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/118405

I have 2 designs options to choose from, and you can purchase in either the 4 piece or 3 piece versions.

Thanks to those who helped with the design ideas and sizing.

As a reminder, please see post above https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/282#post-6464821 if you've previously purchased a set and want to add the mini topper and/or change to the new design.

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#14413 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Assuming you went through a disty adds unknown variables to me with so many hands in the cookie jar but we have seen postings just like yours that we know JJP direct is definitely still working through October orders as well as within their disty network.
The whole distribution network allocation and allotment is a black hole to me. More disclosure on that and how it works so people can make informed choices would be helpful. I going to stand on a ledge here and say I would think JJP has some production order dates and their distributors are a phone call away and should support them when to expect their customers orders.
What does your disty tell you when you ask?

The last time I asked my distributor they said JJP gave them a pretty rude answer over the phone. When they called and asked for any information on when my game might be ready to ship they were basically told, "you're lucky we sell to you and you'll get your game when we decide to ship it to you." Between this and the playfield issues that JJP doesn't seem to be helping customers with, I don't think I'll be dealing with JJP again. They burned me on the many light board issues on my WOZ and now this. The customer service in that company is really lacking in my opinion.

#14414 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The last time I asked my distributor they said JJP gave them a pretty rude answer over the phone. When they called and asked for any information on when my game might be ready to ship they were basically told, "you're lucky we sell to you and you'll get your game when we decide to ship it to you." Between this and the playfield issues that JJP doesn't seem to be helping customers with, I don't think I'll be dealing with JJP again. They burned me on the many light board issues on my WOZ and now this. The customer service in that company is really lacking in my opinion.

You should probably just cancel your order?It will probably just get worse from here on out?

#14415 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

For me, locking balls on the neck is too important. Especially during a song to clean up the playfield and to keep them safe.

Nothings more satisfying then backing handing the ball into the lock on the upper playfield. Love the upper pf on my gnr.

#14416 2 years ago

Set up my g@r le ordered directly from jjp on oct 26 last night..... what a gorgeous pin and dam its heavy. It's a Aug build and looks to have all the fixes ( better posts/nuts washers/ lots of mylar) playfield was made june 30 2021 and looks really nice . Maybe not as thick of clear as previous jjp pins I own but looks nice and very shiny. Super excited to put mods on and play.

#14417 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Set up my g@r le ordered directly from jjp on oct 26 last night..... what a gorgeous pin and dam its heavy. It's a Aug build and looks to have all the fixes ( better posts/nuts washers/ lots of mylar) playfield was made june 30 2021 and looks really nice . Maybe not as thick of clear as previous jjp pins I own but looks nice and very shiny. Super excited to put mods on and play.

To top it off my CD has the appetite for destruction sticker....

#14418 2 years ago

Only one bit of pooling so far - but the factory washer under that post is well and truly embedded in the clear coat. How have people dealt with similar situations?

#14419 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Only one bit of pooling so far - but the factory washer under that post is well and truly embedded in the clear coat. How have people dealt with similar situations?

What I did: Enjoyed the game. Covered areas with cliffys when they chipped. Signed up to buy a backup playfield.

There is really very little benefit to obsessing over this issue as I have yet to see a fix that works 100% or a playfield that doesn't do it.

#14420 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What I did: Enjoyed the game. Covered areas with cliffys when they chipped. Signed up to buy a backup playfield.

Where do we sign up?

#14421 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Where do we sign up?

The announcement suggested to contact Barry @ JJP and get on the list.

#14422 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There is really very little benefit to obsessing over this issue as I have to see a fix that works 100% or a playfield that doesn't do it.

I am closer to your point of view than others Zaph, loving the game.
I was just hoping to do the iron thing before putting a petg or Cliffy on, but thwarted by a stuck washer.
(It’s the inlane amp/GnR post - suspect petg on top of that washer will increase impacts to the post but…I dunno!)

And I prob would order a back-up pf, if there was any indication they were any different…

#14423 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I was just hoping to do the iron thing before putting a petg or Cliffy on, but thwarted by a stuck washer.
(It’s the inlane amp/GnR post - suspect petg on top of that washer will increase impacts to the post but…I dunno!)
And I prob would order a back-up pf, if there was any indication they were any different…

Yeah, I hear you - I would leave it alone personally. I feel like attempting to lift an embedded washer like that might bring clear+art with it.

Maybe take some pictures of the current condition and send to your distro just to document it.

#14424 2 years ago

Just noticed that someone gave me a pinside+ sub.

Whoever it was, thank you. I will certainly be looking for a way to pay it forward in the near future.

download (5) (resized).jpgdownload (5) (resized).jpg

#14425 2 years ago

Jukebox mode is enabled how exactly?

#14426 2 years ago

Got my answer, thanks anon. Will pay it forward too.

#14427 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Jukebox mode is enabled how exactly?

Disregard.. found it

#14428 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

What a bunch of crap. Sounds like there is some bad blood there.
That sucks because you're in on the original price and if you cancel and go with another distributor you'll be at the new price.

#14429 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

A similar situation in the Deadpool boards - related to a guide rather than posts - recommended applying painters tape around the affected area and holding it down while lifting the hardware.

Not sure if that’s going to completely remove the risk of lifting or cracking the clear/art, though. I have a Deadpool guide clearly (heh) entrenched so far into the clear that it had cracking NIB and I left it the heck alone. No reason to make existing damage worse.

You could consider cutting a piece of Mylar that fits around the washer. It may help hold the pooling together to resist cracking and flaking off.

#14430 2 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

I definitely wouldn't try to take it off cold if it's that jammed in. Warm it carefully with a blowdryer at the very least if it's that embedded. Mirco's clear is so soft it should let go and then you can iron it out, let it cool, and protect it.

#14431 2 years ago

I removed my homemade Invisiwall mod and installed the high-class PinMonk airball shield today.

Looks like it's part of the game doesn't it?

IMG_0400.jpegIMG_0400.jpeg
#14432 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I removed my homemade Invisiwall mod and installed the high-class PinMonk airball shield today.
Looks like it's part of the game doesn't it?
[quoted image]

Whatchu talkin bout? I don't see nothing.
I got mine too. Its twenty four karat magic in the air.

#14433 2 years ago

I put PETG washers on almost every post. This one came with a black washer from the factory so I left it alone. Mistake.

20210901_194025 (resized).jpg20210901_194025 (resized).jpg20210901_194050 (resized).jpg20210901_194050 (resized).jpg
#14434 2 years ago

Center scoop eject fix?
Not a key post and way too many messages to search...anyone know best fix for center scoop ejects going SDTM? I used needle nose pliers to pull it left a little and added some foam under scoop. Helped a little but still the ball is creeping right towards SDTM vs day 1 it was going to left flipper safely consistently.
Thanks team!

#14435 2 years ago

Exact same situation on my machine! The scoop feed has slowly drifted toward the center. It still hits the tip of the left flipper, but needs attention soon.

Quoted from DaddyManD:

Center scoop eject fix?
Not a key post and way too many messages to search...anyone know best fix for center scoop ejects going SDTM? I used needle nose pliers to pull it left a little and added some foam under scoop. Helped a little but still the ball is creeping right towards SDTM vs day 1 it was going to left flipper safely consistently.
Thanks team!

#14436 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I put PETG washers on almost every post. This one came with a black washer from the factory so I left it alone. Mistake.

From what I've learned from others here on the forum that have more experience with this than I do, which is everybody for the record, lol. First is semi controversial but I subscribe, which is you don't use metal washers with the plastic ones, and second, which may be most contributory here is the torque is important. Snug is the proper torque setting. So even if you're going to leave the black washers consider loosen them up take off the metal washer and then snug it back down. But like you did personally I'll be replacing all the black with the clear PETG on mine, removing the metal washers and then tightening to snug.

Also from when I watched other people repair pooling like that yours looks like it's very repairable with heat a hair dryer and the methods posted on the forum.

After it cools down and the clear washer gets put on top only tightened snug I've even pooling go from your pic to normal. I think unless there's something crazy going on underneath that black washer that you caught it in time and it's totally repairable
Looking forward to the after pics!

#14437 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Center scoop eject fix?
Thanks team!

Did you try adjusting the eject power incrementally and testing after each tick?

#14438 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

If that's a "thin shank" post, it would explain why you still got pooling. The post moved a little when hit by the ball and basically made a scraper out of the washer. You need the posts that fill the hole in the playfield so they don't move in the hole when hit by the balls.

#14439 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's a "thin shank" post, it would explain why you still got pooling. The post moved a little when hit by the ball and basically made a scraper out of the washer. You need the posts that fill the hole in the playfield so they don't move in the hole when hit by the balls.

Ah this is a great comment And really one that doesn't get much discussion overall. I feel like those bw Post you're talking about we're a great modification for the holes that are oversized.
I'll probably go ahead and order the number I need but I just don't know how many holes are over sized.. is it 3 maybe. I'm sure there's a post on here that says how many of those posts you'll need three sticks in my brain. I don't think all of them were oversized, anybody got the answer rolling off their tongue So I can go ahead and order these?

#14440 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ah this is a great comment And really one that doesn't get much discussion overall. I feel like those bw Post you're talking about we're a great modification for the holes that are oversized.
I'll probably go ahead and order the number I need but I just don't know how many holes are over sized.. is it 3 maybe. I'm sure there's a post on here that says how many of those posts you'll need three sticks in my brain. I don't think all of them were oversized, anybody got the answer rolling off their tongue So I can go ahead and order these?

Unfortunately, I don't think there's one post that puts together vinyl iron, mylar, petg washers, and thick post type, count and location along with sources for each. If one happens, I will keypost it immediately. I can't really chip in because I don't have my GnR yet to check the post locations and sizes needed and the next one of these posts really needs to have all the information in one place, not just another partial.

#14441 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Unfortunately, I don't think there's one post that puts together vinyl iron, mylar, petg washers, and thick post type, count and location along with sources for each. If one happens, I will keypost it immediately. I can't really chip in because I don't have my GnR yet to check the post locations and sizes needed and the next one of these posts really needs to have all the information in one place, not just another partial.

I think you basically just described most of @fooflighters NIB Bulletproofing key post minus the posts Because he did that before the post discussion happened.

There's been another string here recently where people were mapping out the posts... I'm going to look for it now

#14442 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I think you basically just described most of @fooflighters NIB Bulletproofing key post minus the posts Because he did that before the post discussion happened.
There's been another string here recently where people were mapping out the posts... I'm going to look for it now

Yeah, there's been individual posts about parts of the process, but nothing recent that pulls it all together in one post.

#14443 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, there's been individual posts about parts of the process, but nothing recent that pulls it all together in one post.

This is the post I was thinking of @cooked71
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/283#post-6465752

The layers of diff washers he is doing is very unique. I'll probably stick with just PETG.

Here Is the thread with a link to those bw posts on pinball life

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/282#post-6463965

And here's the link to post for ordering the larger t-nuts

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/282#post-6463661

Here is the map of posts getting treatment
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/282#post-6464776

But still not a definite qty of bw posts and t-nuts needed.

#14444 2 years ago

Looks like I’m going to a expo early on saturday

F3270C66-B62F-4E63-A34B-80A7CEFCAB92 (resized).pngF3270C66-B62F-4E63-A34B-80A7CEFCAB92 (resized).png
#14445 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure they have a no weapon policy at this convention^^^^^^^

#14446 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I'm pretty sure they have a no weapon policy at this convention^^^^^^^

#14447 2 years ago

Gameplay Question: I’m a new owner. Is there anyway of knowing how much time is left on a song? I’m looking for a countdown timer and wasn’t able to find anything.

#14448 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

This is the post I was thinking of cooked71
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/283#post-6465752
The layers of diff washers he is doing is very unique. I'll probably stick with just PETG.
Here Is the thread with a link to those bw posts on pinball life
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/282#post-6463965
And here's the link to post for ordering the larger t-nuts
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/282#post-6463661
Here is the map of posts getting treatment
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/282#post-6464776
But still not a definite qty of bw posts and t-nuts needed.

That post of mine refers to the 3 really problematic and high impact posts in the top part of the pf - these are the ONLY posts that are truly oversized because they use t-nuts. On these you should replace the tnuts but you need to stick with the original post but with extra protection (the BW posts dont make any difference on these). There are ONLY 3 of these unusual post set-ups - you only need 3 larege T-nuts.

The remaining posts that are the "thin type" are "through hole" posts (no tnut) and the hole itself is not really oversized - its the correct hole for the post used, but there is a better post that fits tighter - the BW post mentioned earlier. The picture above of the damage with the PETG is on the outlanes and needs a BW post. It also needs Mylar - that is the real solution for thse posts IMO - Mylar, PETG (or silicone), BW post. If the post above had mylar I guarantee that pooling wouldnt have occured.

I'd love to make one long post about everything (in addition to FooFighters post), just need to find the time. I've literally stripped the game and proofed EVERYTHING - twice - on this and Wonka. There's alot of different posts and contact points - it's hard to simplify and develop a one size fits all approach.

OR, follow zaphX and dont bother doing anything and just order a replacement pf as insurance. This option wasnt available when I got my CE (and no confirmation that it is avaiable for CE even now). I probably would have gone the zaphX route had I had a guranteed replacement CE pf in the wings.

#14449 2 years ago
Quoted from Backdoc01:

Gameplay Question: I’m a new owner. Is there anyway of knowing how much time is left on a song? I’m looking for a countdown timer and wasn’t able to find anything.

Not that I know of, but you'll start to recognize the end.

#14450 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looks like I’m going to a expo early on saturday
[quoted image]

Could you ask Mirco if he prefers the term “chipping,” “cracking,” or “pooling” to describe his playfields?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
7,500 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,105 posts in this topic. You are on page 289 of 563.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/289?hl=joncrox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.