IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 569.
#14001 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The mini drum set I ordered arrived today , not sure if I will use any or all of it , but the detail on it is full on.
One of those Impulse buys after you've had a few drinks . But it is fun when stuff arrives in the mail
[quoted image]

I installed mine the other day, took about 2 hours total. Personally, I dig it!

26217B64-8B7B-4511-8A6E-6101777541D5 (resized).jpeg26217B64-8B7B-4511-8A6E-6101777541D5 (resized).jpeg
#14002 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Noticed this while I was looking over everything. The pooling has moved outside of the washer. Maybe I tightened this one a little too much? The rest seem to be good.
So... What BAD is going to come from this if anything? And, do I just use the ironing method, get some mylar circles and "solve" it that way?
Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do not install the metal washer

That is part of the problem the way the PETG solution solves. The PETG has flex, by adding the washer, you are spreading out the force over the PETG disc versus allowing it to slightly flex and float conically towards the ceter post hole. Look at my guide in the key posts for install. I have have mine with post to bare PETG for over 1400 plays now and no additional pooling. By putting multiple stacks of washer, PETG solutions, you are making the surface contact more rigid.

Start over. Iron it flat, remove the metal washer and use the PETG to post contact only. Snug but not overtightened.

#14003 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Yeah I've heard both trains of thought. Under tightened = movement. Over tightened = too much pressure and it squishes out the sides.
Is there a long term problems with this? I mean... Is it just gonna stay like that? Will something bad happen? Mind you this is the post by the lower pop bumper so you can't even see it.

What I started doing (and still doing lol) before even playing or any damage can occur, I started replacing all the high traffic posts that fit loosely in their holes with the Williams Bally posts that are a bit more beefier in conjunction with the PETG washers.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#14004 2 years ago

Anyone hear of an ETA for the topper? Thought they said Aug/Sept. Well we're half way through that!

#14005 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

From what I've heard , I would heat it up and flatten it , and even a hair dryer can work , apparently .
I've read conflicting stories about the Mylar circles .

I think the Mylar would help to keep it from tearing. I doubt it will stop the pooling. But I agree that the pooling should be ironed flat or eventually it might tear or crack.

#14006 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Anyone hear of an ETA for the topper? Thought they said Aug/Sept. Well we're half way through that!

Does the LE topper do anything special? I havenā€™t been able to see a video of it

#14007 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GnR airball shields started shipping out today. I should have all of the advance orders shipped out by Friday.

Didnā€™t see this item in your shop for some reason . Did I miss them ?

#14008 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Disregard. Found on your website.

#14009 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Does the LE topper do anything special? I havenā€™t been able to see a video of it

Not really...I believe it only lights up, but it looks cool and is relatively cheap.....

#14010 2 years ago
Quoted from SDVmnt:

Good question....I haven't heard boo

#14011 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

It's only in pinmonk.com for now. It will get added here, too, but not for a little bit.

#14012 2 years ago

Can someone who has updated to 1.23 please tell me if you're able to increase the flipper powers up to 32? I'm on Beta build 10 or 11 and I can. But I heard on 1.22 they were capped at power level 20. I don't want to update if it's going to cap me at power level 20. This game play WAY better with those flippers cranked up. The flippers still feel nowhere near as good as Stern's flippers, but when they are cranked up to 30, at least they don't feel so soggy and mushy.

Thanks in advance!

#14013 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

What I started doing (and still doing lol) before even playing or any damage can occur, I started replacing all the high traffic posts that fit loosely in their holes with the Williams Bally posts that are a bit more beefier in conjunction with the PETG washers.
[quoted image]

This does seem like a good idea. I'll have to search for a link unless you have it handy? and wondering how many high traffic posts there are if I wanted to order them... hmmm, WWFFD? (What would fooflighter do?)

#14014 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone who has updated to 1.23 please tell me if you're able to increase the flipper powers up to 32? I'm on Beta build 10 or 11 and I can. But I heard on 1.22 they were capped at power level 20. I don't want to update if it's going to cap me at power level 20. This game play WAY better with those flippers cranked up. The flippers still feel nowhere near as good as Stern's flippers, but when they are cranked up to 30, at least they don't feel so soggy and mushy.
Thanks in advance!

I'm on 1.23. I can increase flipper power up to 32, no problem at all.

#14015 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

it's just a moderation notice from pinside

Moderation notices serve as a reminder to me that there's no need to make a donation to Pinside at this time.

Another smooth, quick WiFi update today. This game is a beast! Still working on score consistency, I struggle with that the most. Load up boosters, load up on patches, sometimes I can get around 50 million on a song, other times it's a few million. Seems pretty random, in a way, yet there's got to be a formula. And if there is, it seems the formula for a high score changes or varies depending what song you're on.

In other news, Keith does intend to balance song and mode scoring, according to comments in the Beta chat.

#14016 2 years ago

So 1.23 lowered the flipper power? I updated yesterday and noticed the flippers seemed weak... figured it was normal and I was used to playing other games as I have not played GnR in a week or so. I was about to check the flipper mechs to see if they were worn.

#14017 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Moderation notices serve as a reminder to me that there's no need to make a donation to Pinside at this time.

Love it. Gets to the point where you don't want to click on the pm box.

#14018 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I'm not a fan of moderation, either, but it's pretty much all that keeps this place from devolving into rec.games.pinball and people just leaving en masse because there's too much dick-measuring and non-pinball noise. So, a necessary evil, even if I don't deserve any of it (ha!).

I re-upped my pinside+ donation last week. Love it or hate it, there's no other resource like this out there for pinball. That's worthy of a few shekels a year to support.

#14019 2 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

So 1.23 lowered the flipper power? I updated yesterday and noticed the flippers seemed weak... figured it was normal and I was used to playing other games as I have not played GnR in a week or so. I was about to check the flipper mechs to see if they were worn.

I noticed some power drop and did a rebuild at 3200 plays. PinMonk's fans help a lot too.

#14020 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:I'm not a fan of moderation, either, but it's pretty much all that keeps this place from devolving into rec.games.pinball and people just leaving en masse because there's too much dick-measuring and non-pinball noise. So, a necessary evil, even if I don't deserve any of it (ha!).
I updated my pinside+ donation last week.

Yes there have been times when i absolutely deserved pulling into gear.

Other times, not so much.

It's why i avoid PWD.

#14021 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Do not install the metal washer
That is part of the problem the way the PETG solution solves. The PETG has flex, by adding the washer, you are spreading out the force over the PETG disc versus allowing it to slightly flex and float conically towards the ceter post hole. Look at my guide in the key posts for install. I have have mine with post to bare PETG for over 1400 plays now and no additional pooling. By putting multiple stacks of washer, PETG solutions, you are making the surface contact more rigid.
Start over. Iron it flat, remove the metal washer and use the PETG to post contact only. Snug but not overtightened.

I remember reading that you did it that way, but I only had 2 left to do by the time I read it. So, this does make sense though. If you look at that picture closely you can see where the PETG is making contact near the post and then not making contact out near the rim. I don't really want to go through and remove all of the metal washers, but.... it's not that big of a task and I enjoy cleaning it (not that it needs it right now) so perhaps I will do more than just this one.

I'm tempted to just do the blow dryer to heat it up, but then how do I flatten it? With what? Suggestions?

#14022 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I noticed some power drop and did a rebuild at 3200 plays. PinMonk's fans help a lot too.

Whatā€™s involved with a rebuild? Is it just coil sleeves and stops? Or is it the coil as well? Anything else?

EDIT: Iā€™m finally noticing flipper fatigue on my right flipper with 1.23 code, never noticed it before. So may be time to order pinmonks fan kit. Or itā€™s time for a rebuild. Iā€™m at 1200 plays.

#14023 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Whatā€™s involved with a rebuild? Is it just coil sleeves and stops? Or is it the coil as well? Anything else?
EDIT: Iā€™m finally noticing flipper fatigue on my right flipper with 1.23 code, never noticed it before. So may be time to order pinmonks fan kit. Or itā€™s time for a rebuild. Iā€™m at 1200 plays.

I doubt you'd need a full rebuild at 1200.

Sleeves is what I do for interim refreshes. I don't even do the stops until it's time for a rebuild (plunger mushroomed, stop badly concave.)

A rebuild kit is new plungers/linkages, stops, sleeves and springs.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-rebuild-kit-williamsbally-081993-101998-spooky-2014-present-jjp-2012-present.html

#14024 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I doubt you'd need a full rebuild at 1200.
Sleeves is what I do for interim refreshes. I don't even do the stops until it's time for a rebuild (plunger mushroomed, stop badly concave.)
A rebuild kit is new plungers/linkages, stops, sleeves and springs.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-rebuild-kit-williamsbally-081993-101998-spooky-2014-present-jjp-2012-present.html

Cool thanks!
I only noticed it for the first time last night after a few games on 1.23. I forgot to check the power settings to see if something changed their with the new update. All in all, Iā€™ll check the settings and look under the hood and probably order the flipper fans soon as well.

#14025 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Cool thanks!
I only noticed it for the first time last night after a few games on 1.23. I forgot to check the power settings to see if something changed their with the new update. All in all, Iā€™ll check the settings and look under the hood and probably order the flipper fans soon as well.

Pinmonkā€™s cooling fans make a noticeable difference!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14026 2 years ago

Probably already asked and answered, but when does the JJP warranty begin? At date purchased, date received, when you fill out the game registration, or?

Asking for a friend (not on Pinside) who still has their game sitting NIB while they await the house theyā€™re moving into, to be ready.

Thanks!

#14027 2 years ago

Iā€™d like to see how Axl would have responded to the ridiculous ways Iā€™ve been moderated, if it were him, lol!

Would love to post screen caps of the violations and their reasons, while others did worse in the same threads. Iā€™m sure others can relate. Itā€™s not balanced and often seems targeted.

Was curious what everyoneā€™s favorite song to play was, surprised thereā€™s not a topic and poll. Rocket Queen really gets me amped up!

Also badass is when multiball is going on a song and you just happen to have to hit the flippers at the exact same times the heavy beats are hitting, feels like youā€™re really part of the song.

#14028 2 years ago

I read the other day that someones daughter who's not a good player, plays My Michelle a lot. So i tried it out and enjoyed the shit out of it. Got applause jackpot, album mode, encore etc.

I like Coma for the light show as much as anything.

Wondering if there's a wat to lock a song out of play?

One of our Woopi Freeballers passed away last week and his name is up as Don't Cry champ. I'd like some way to keep it there.

#14029 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I re-upped my pinside+ donation last week.

Iā€™d be more inclined if Pinside was a revenue stream for products I offer and sell here but I mainly provide them with content at no cost to them. Itā€™s not that I donā€™t deserve moderation at times either, itā€™s mostly the hypocrisy of why they do it to me at times. Iā€™ve wanted to kick in again but the last few moderations were out of line.

So to keep this thread on topic, regarding my donation status, ā€œIā€™m gonna kick it on down the lineā€ for now.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm not a fan of moderation, either, but it's pretty much all that keeps this place from devolving into rec.games.pinball and people just leaving en masse because there's too much dick-measuring and non-pinball noise. So, a necessary evil, even if I don't deserve any of it (ha!).

Couldnā€™t agree with this assessment any more!

#14030 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My Michelle a lot. So i tried it out and enjoyed the shit out of it

Man thatā€™s the first song I played on a GNR ever before mine arrived and it rarely comes up randomly so itā€™s been awhile but Iā€™d have to put that right up there with Rocket Queen how it gets me amped!

#14031 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Man thatā€™s the first song I played on a GNR ever before mine arrived and it rarely comes up randomly so itā€™s been awhile but Iā€™d have to put that right up there with Rocket Queen how it gets me amped!

Scared the shit out of you with a flashing pm light

#14032 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Iā€™d be more inclined if Pinside was a revenue stream for products I offer and sell here

Let's stop there.

I supported Pinside before pinmonk ever happened, because pinmonk was an accident not a mission. You are receiving value from pinside as a consumer of and participant in the community's content. Whether you value that enough to support it is a personal decision, but blaming non-support on moderation is a BS excuse, period.

And in case you were unaware, EVERY SALE pinmonk makes on pinside results in a piece of that sale going to pinside. THAT is the product revenue stream of pinside stores and vendors, not pinside plus.

Two different support points. One for users that value this place, and one for vendors that pay a bit when a product is bought. I support BOTH because I value the content and community (one year someone even gifted me a pinside plus, a nice surprise) and also have a store here now that pays pinside with every sale.

All of that said, this reminded me of the pinside+ I was gifted and how pleasant that unexpected gesture was, so I just paid that forward and you are now pinside+ for the next year.

#14033 2 years ago

Wish i could upvote that twice.

#14034 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Scared the shit out of you with a flashing pm light

My first thought when I saw that was seriously "Great, I must have gotten moderated again!" Hilarious!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Let's stop there.

Pinmonk, my bad if I came across in a negative way towards you, I wasn't trying to make an issue with you.

I like, appreciate & respect what you do here. I just didn't feel inclined to re-up it right now with how BS the recent moderations were. It literally came down to that because I have been overdue, so to me it wasn't really a BS excuse. More of a principle thing. But thank you.

#14035 2 years ago

Quoted from PinMonk:

All of that said, this reminded me of the pinside+ I was gifted and how pleasant that unexpected gesture was, so I just paid that forward and you [ @sevenrites ] are now pinside+ for the next year.

Applause jackpot & Encore.
Love this. Thanks for sharing PinMonk!
I just continued the pay it forward gesture...

#14036 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

My first thought when I saw that was seriously "Great, I must have gotten moderated again!" Hilarious!

Pinmonk, my bad if I came across in a negative way towards you, I wasn't trying to make an issue with you.

No, I get it. I didn't take it personally at all. I just wanted to make it clear that my pinside+ support predated and has nothing to do with my pinmonk store here. I sell a lot more on pinmonk.com, actually, so it's not even a factor.

And the paying it forward probably has something to do with recently binging Ted Lasso. He's a very persuasive character.

#14037 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I read the other day that someones daughter who's not a good player, plays My Michelle a lot.

On the DE GNR, you get Well Well Well My Michelle when you outlane drain. Itā€™s painfully fitting because my exā€™s name was Michelle. Itā€™s like getting a knife to the gut when I drain. Iā€™m going to avoid this song on JJP GNR

#14038 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I remember reading that you did it that way, but I only had 2 left to do by the time I read it. So, this does make sense though. If you look at that picture closely you can see where the PETG is making contact near the post and then not making contact out near the rim. I don't really want to go through and remove all of the metal washers, but.... it's not that big of a task and I enjoy cleaning it (not that it needs it right now) so perhaps I will do more than just this one.
I'm tempted to just do the blow dryer to heat it up, but then how do I flatten it? With what? Suggestions?

I've included that in this guide

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/226#post-6338289

#14039 2 years ago

Hey while you're here, what are your thoughts on those posts? You think the bigger post that fill up the holes are a good idea?

Everybody get prepared I can hear Chaka typing his post now in the most juvenile fashion.

#14040 2 years ago

After a long wait itā€™s finally here!
Manufacturing date May 2021

1793CDC7-6A28-41DD-91D7-262040BF07E9 (resized).jpeg1793CDC7-6A28-41DD-91D7-262040BF07E9 (resized).jpeg
#14041 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Congrats! Let the fun begin!!

#14042 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Hey while you're here, what are your thoughts on those posts? You think the bigger post that fill up the holes are a good idea?
Everybody get prepared I can hear Chaka typing his post now in the most juvenile fashion.

Somebody say hole?

20EECF53-3D85-4FD0-99D1-5F9494DD9F03.gif20EECF53-3D85-4FD0-99D1-5F9494DD9F03.gif
#14043 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image]

Cool my 2 mates that were day 1 orders here got there's during the week too. I got feeling real guilty that mine has been here so long and they didn't get there's.

There'll be one on location in Coffs Harbour area as soon as the pubs open again (whenever the fuck that will be) for anyone who want's to play one. Probably go in The Hoey Moey i'd say with Led Zepplin.

#14044 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image]

Congrats mate! New Pin day for you!

Please let us know what you think of the game.

#14045 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/119314

if i did not own one already , this would be mine even with the playfield issue / and only 2225 dollars more than that when brand new delivered to your door . Amazing it is not sold even with the PF problem. 500 and you can get a new one so whats the big deal other than the original owner could not get warranty help with playfield which to me is not cool .

#14046 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Well, my thoughts would be any minimized lateral movement or rigidity in a hole would probably translate to less angled deflection of the post to the washer surface resulting in less downward force to the washer, and more ball kinetic energy transferred to the post and the more rigid hole. The question is, how are those posts secured in the hole... Screwed into the existing T nuts, you're still only translating a small portion of the bottom post to the hole, how much that is actually reducing stress on the washer is subject to counter sunk depth of the t post nut and whether or not the post is secured from below the playfield with an additional washer and lock nut.

This is just an approximate guess as I haven't altered my posts to test this theory... Although judging by JJP's elongated posts for securing the playfield from the bottom, I would say, the longer thread and washer nut securing below the playfield is more effective than larger posts.

#14047 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Although judging by JJP's elongated posts for securing the playfield from the bottom, I would say, the longer thread and washer nut securing below the playfield is more effective than larger posts.

The larger diameter posts that I'm currently using from the William Bally style are 1-7/8" Tall Metal Post With #10-32 thread for nylon nuts. These are the same length as the elongated posts for JJP. I'll try to report back when I finish the job and have enough plays on it. Only going to snug and and a hair more when tightening them.

Williams Bally:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base.html

JJP:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base-15430.html

#14048 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Good question. I place my order on March 11 of this year. So just under 5 months because I think it came in to my distributor in the first week of August. Honestly came in three months faster than expected!

Who is your distributor? I ordered Oct 2020 and still waiting.

#14049 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Well, my thoughts would be any minimized lateral movement or rigidity in a hole would probably translate to less angled deflection of the post to the washer surface resulting in less downward force to the washer, and more ball kinetic energy transferred to the post and the more rigid hole. The question is, how are those posts secured in the hole... Screwed into the existing T nuts, you're still only translating a small portion of the bottom post to the hole, how much that is actually reducing stress on the washer is subject to counter sunk depth of the t post nut and whether or not the post is secured from below the playfield with an additional washer and lock nut.
This is just an approximate guess as I haven't altered my posts to test this theory... Although judging by JJP's elongated posts for securing the playfield from the bottom, I would say, the longer thread and washer nut securing below the playfield is more effective than larger posts.

So while they may not help, they won't hurt either. Great answer! Enjoyed reading that 3 times!

Quoted from DeathHimself:

The larger diameter posts that I'm currently using from the William Bally style are 1-7/8" Tall Metal Post With #10-32 thread for nylon nuts. These are the same length as the elongated posts for JJP. I'll try to report back when I finish the job and have enough plays on it. Only going to snug and and a hair more when tightening them.
Williams Bally:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base.html
JJP:
https://www.pinballlife.com/1-78-tall-metal-post-with-10-32-threaded-base-15430.html

Time will tell.

This is going to be a tough one to measure if no pooling happens in both posts with petg washers snugged with similar amounts of torque we'll have to call it a wash. May the best post win.

#14050 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

May the best post win.

LOL, We already there and the post is already removed so I figured what the hell... I do like that the barrel section of the post that goes into the playfield on the W/B has a bigger diameter. So if we can prevent incidental movement in anyway possible maybe that will help further, but time will tell. In the meantime we'll just enjoy this shit out of this game and if need be order a new playfield down the road when they become available if necessary and have it stripped and cleared again professionally. ( Just thinking worse case scenario here which may never happen "Hopefully" )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/281 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.