IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 567.
#13901 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I got a service bulletin from JJP regarding the spotlights. I have the PDF if anyone wants a copy. The description is here:
"A piece on the bracket is causing the link to flex and over time the link will break.
A small modification needs to be performed to the Spotlight bracket to correct this issue"
It's dated May 28, so hopefully any parts after that don't need modification.
From the document:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank you for this! I was on my second set of spotlights. Already after a few games, I could see wear at the corner that they tell you to remove.

Not sure why they make it so complicated in the document. The left spotlight you can free up with those two screws on top and avoid all the other steps. Cut and replace. The right one I didn’t even remove, I just cut it in place. A little trickier but possible. I just used wire cutters and they did the job fine.

#13902 2 years ago

I need your help.
My left spot has no signal coming through the cable for right/left movement (have tested everything vice versa, servos are fine).
A rather thick cable harness goes under the playfield.
Since I have a too low room height I can't swing the playfield completely back and need helping hands. I suspect that a cable is loose.
I can't find in the manual where the cables for the left spot are connected to check it quickly.
Can anyone tell me which board/pin this is (manual page? jumper).
Thanks

#13903 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'm not so sure about that. I just installed the larger ones from the titan kit and the sling action has dramatically reduced. Probably going to order the stock size.

referred to p.151 of the manual.
I prefer 2 1/4" for the slingshots (6) and 2" for (5).
Mini post (7) are rather 3/8"
Titanium are great, love them. But the GnR is a pinball rubber (1) killer.

#13904 2 years ago

I was thinking today...

Everyone loves the 6 MB stacking on POTC and the drive to get 666666.

Yet the pre-song 4 MB stacking on GNR seems to be more controversial. "Wah, too many multiballs!"

Why the difference, I wonder?

#13905 2 years ago
Quoted from adrock:

Thank you for this! I was on my second set of spotlights. Already after a few games, I could see wear at the corner that they tell you to remove.
Not sure why they make it so complicated in the document. The left spotlight you can free up with those two screws on top and avoid all the other steps. Cut and replace. The right one I didn’t even remove, I just cut it in place. A little trickier but possible. I just used wire cutters and they did the job fine.

What’s your build date?

Looks like my July 2021 build . Spotlight cut must have been done at factory.

#13906 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was thinking today...
Yet the pre-song 4 MB stacking on GNR seems to be more controversial. "Wah, too many multiballs!"

GnR's stacked pre-song multiballs seem more chaotic than POTC's stacked multiballs. More action concentrated in the lower portion of the playfield for GnR and new balls being fed directly into it don't help.

Wah!

#13907 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was thinking today...

I think because (especially at first) the MBs on GNR seem almost random, where as on Pirates you’re probably not getting into a multi ball on accident.

#13908 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I think because (especially at first) the MBs on GNR seem almost random, where as on Pirates you’re probably not getting into a multi ball on accident.

They may SEEM random at first, but they are not:

- LIGHTS: light target on upper playfield
- PYRO: Pyro target/sling behind Slash's hat
- AMP: Left outer inlane spots
- CROWD: Skill shots and the under-flipper shot

#13909 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I know that, and you know that, but do THEY know that!?!

#13910 2 years ago

Don't know why anyone should care. I don't feel like i have to defend the game from those who repeat stupid things they've heard elsewhere.

Houdini suffers from a terrible reputation, mostly from people who've never really played it.

#13911 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes but all can be randomly started except for Crowd. For the most part anyway

#13912 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't know why anyone should care. I don't feel like i have to defend the game from those who repeat stupid things they've heard elsewhere.
Houdini suffers from a terrible reputation, mostly from people who've never really played it.

I don’t get it either. Is also really strange the game gets so much hate from people that have never played it or only played a few games.

#13913 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

What’s your build date?
Looks like my July 2021 build . Spotlight cut must have been done at factory.

February

#13914 2 years ago

I played Houdini for the first time this past week. Just had enough cash for a few games, but I was totally intrigued. I think people spend their time hating on games because it assuages their FOMO since no one can have all the games, and they want to feel more confidently better about the ones they have?

For my part, I love pinball because it’s so easy to see what a labor of love every one of these machines has been for someone, so I honestly have a hard time disliking/hating almost any game. Did they get everything right? Did they miss some opportunities? No, yes, but they worked their butts off and made something worthwhile, and it doesn’t take much time with a game before you begin to see what they were after and appreciate it.

Snap, forgot this was a GNR forum—let me say that the game is a week and a half old in my house and seems to be actively beating the crap out of me… but I got 22m today and all is forgiven.

#13915 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'm not so sure about that. I just installed the larger ones from the titan kit and the sling action has dramatically reduced. Probably going to order the stock size.

Yeah I don't know why anyone would upsize them. That would make them weaker. They are already really floaty. It's annoying. Upsizing them would make that worse I would think. Not a good idea.

#13916 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Yeah I don't know why anyone would upsize them. That would make them weaker. They are already really floaty. It's annoying. Upsizing them would make that worse I would think. Not a good idea.

2 1/4 inch Titans on the slings works absolutely perfectly. No difference at all in terms of feel and slightly less stress on the rubber. Fitted these to 5 LE's so far and all are holding up very well.

#13917 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:2 1/4 inch Titans on the slings works absolutely perfectly. No difference at all in terms of feel and slightly less stress on the rubber. Fitted these to 5 LE's so far and all are holding up very well.

Swampy , what's the pinball situation like in Dubai .

#13918 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Swampy , what's the pinball situation like in Dubai .

Slowly growing I think. We have sold more GNR LE than I expected to which is a great indicator. Quite a few expats still here too which helps.

I am trying to get more games out on locations here to increase awareness. When I first got here 6 years ago, not a single machine could be found anywhere. Nowadays it's a little different with some arcades putting them in. I just have to explain the whole 'keep them clean and maintained' thing quite often due to a lack of awareness. Good signs though.

#13919 2 years ago
Quoted from swampy:

Slowly growing I think. We have sold more GNR LE than I expected to which is a great indicator. Quite a few expats still here too which helps.
I am trying to get more games out on locations here to increase awareness. When I first got here 6 years ago, not a single machine could be found anywhere. Nowadays it's a little different with some arcades putting them in. I just have to explain the whole 'keep them clean and maintained' thing quite often due to a lack of awareness. Good signs though.

Thanks , good to hear .

#13920 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I played Houdini for the first time this past week. Just had enough cash for a few games, but I was totally intrigued. I think people spend their time hating on games because it assuages their FOMO since no one can have all the games, and they want to feel more confidently better about the ones they have?
For my part, I love pinball because it’s so easy to see what a labor of love every one of these machines has been for someone, so I honestly have a hard time disliking/hating almost any game. Did they get everything right? Did they miss some opportunities? No, yes, but they worked their butts off and made something worthwhile, and it doesn’t take much time with a game before you begin to see what they were after and appreciate it.
Snap, forgot this was a GNR forum—let me say that the game is a week and a half old in my house and seems to be actively beating the crap out of me… but I got 22m today and all is forgiven.

Who knows the reason, but why hate on a game you either haven't played or is just not your taste? Lots of games I dont like I see no need to write negative comments on the game its a hard way to spend the day being negative. I did not appreciate a Houdini until I owned one.. Game kicks my ass which i love in a home environment..

#13921 2 years ago

Finally got mine today. Was starting to think it was never going to get here.
Having trouble with the ball hanging up between the right ramp and the drum stick. Is this a common problem?

323E5005-1F49-4E98-80EF-7F49368344B4 (resized).jpeg323E5005-1F49-4E98-80EF-7F49368344B4 (resized).jpeg
#13922 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Having trouble with the ball hanging up between the right ramp and the drum stick. Is this a common problem?
[quoted image]

Congrats. Try to adjust the metal gate at the top of the right ramp. Also get yourself up on latest code 1.22 if you haven't already done so. Enjoy!

#13923 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

[quoted image]

It's a common issue. What worked for me was unscrewing the 2 black screws at the bottom of the ramp (not removing all the way) then unscrewing the 2 metal screws at the top of the gate (again not all the way) this will allow you to move the ramp a little bit. Push the ramp as close to the drumsticks as possible and then screw back the 2 metal screws on the gate, then the 2 black ones. So far I haven't had any other balls get trapped there!

#13924 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

It's a common issue. What worked for me was unscrewing the 2 black screws at the bottom of the ramp (not removing all the way) then unscrewing the 2 metal screws at the top of the gate (again not all the way) this will allow you to move the ramp a little bit. Push the ramp as close to the drumsticks as possible and then screw back the 2 metal screws on the gate, then the 2 black ones. So far I haven't had any other balls get trapped there!

I also did this but I could manually still trap a ball so I put 3 washers at the back left post for the ramp to tilt it towards the ramp and balls cannot stay there now no matter what.

#13925 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

No problem! I hope it works for you

Did this and manual re-calibration and so far it's all good now. Thanks all!

#13926 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Did this and manual re-calibration and so far it's all good now. Thanks all!

#13927 2 years ago

Taking orders for gnr for September. PM me if interested.

#13928 2 years ago

Man I love this game!!!!

#13929 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Man I love this game!!!!

Imagine if you have the Coma lock..

#13930 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Man I love this game!!!!

So you bought yours HUO I’ll guess, congrats… what number did you got?

When Skyemont shared some pics with issues in his Collector’s, I remember that you wrote:-"…. I’m Out!”

#13931 2 years ago

It really is a lot of fun!!!

13EC6A85-FC0D-4113-8C96-047852097CF2 (resized).jpeg13EC6A85-FC0D-4113-8C96-047852097CF2 (resized).jpeg
#13932 2 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Imagine if you have the Coma lock..

Hehe...the coma lock is nice to have but it really is not a change to gameplay.
Please do not feel like you missed out if you don't have it.

#13933 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hehe...the coma lock is nice to have but it really is not a change to gameplay.

I do wish I had it but I am never buying a CE so I’ll live with it.

#13934 2 years ago

Is there a list of updates on the 1.22 update?

#13935 2 years ago

Played NightTrain today. It's a yellow/orange shot song.

When the song started there were NO orange shots. ZERO. I thought maybe it was the targets but usually it's the center pick with this song. Regardless, hitting the targets didn't work and there were no other orange shots.

Nothing. For a couple minutes it seemed like. Then, the right loop light up orange.

It was the weirdest thing. Maybe I was just having a duuuhhhh moment and couldn't see it, but I'm 99% sure there was no orange shot.

Anyone ever have this happen? What am I missing?

#13936 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Played NightTrain today. It's a yellow/orange shot song.
When the song started there were NO orange shots. ZERO. I thought maybe it was the targets but usually it's the center pick with this song. Regardless, hitting the targets didn't work and there were no other orange shots.
Nothing. For a couple minutes it seemed like. Then, the right loop light up orange.
It was the weirdest thing. Maybe I was just having a duuuhhhh moment and couldn't see it, but I'm 99% sure there was no orange shot.
Anyone ever have this happen? What am I missing?

I'll take a look next time I play that song, but consider focusing on active band members when there's not an obvious/clear shot. Getting all the active band members fires off Band Frenzy at which point you can feed the pops and blow up the jackpot.

#13937 2 years ago

Just noticed this thread going nowhere. Is this missing something? Under the right ramp.

52495547-96E5-41A1-94C3-4103E2DBA09A (resized).jpeg52495547-96E5-41A1-94C3-4103E2DBA09A (resized).jpeg
#13938 2 years ago

Am I crazy or is this game really important to set up the flippers for? I’ve always just set flips in line with the lane on my games and could get the feel for shots pretty quickly. On GNR, every little shift I make seems to change my shotmaking dramatically and I haven’t found the sweet spot… yet.

#13939 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Is this missing something?

No. Nothing there. Probably to prevent a ball getting up there.

LTG : )

#13940 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Am I crazy or is this game really important to set up the flippers for? I’ve always just set flips in line with the lane on my games and could get the feel for shots pretty quickly. On GNR, every little shift I make seems to change my shotmaking dramatically and I haven’t found the sweet spot… yet.

It takes some experimenting. I would set them as low as possible while still being able to backhand the left ramp. For my game that’s slightly above parallel with the inlane. I tried it for a while slightly below parallel which made the orbits and crowd shot easier, but I could no longer backhand the ramp.

#13941 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It takes some experimenting. I would set them as low as possible while still being able to backhand the left ramp. For my game that’s slightly above parallel with the inlane. I tried it for a while slightly below parallel which made the orbits and crowd shot easier, but I could no longer backhand the ramp.

Yep, that’s the conundrum I’m facing. I really like how much better my games seem to go when I can backhand that left ramp! But now the orbits seem to be all but off the table for me. I’ll just go a little lower tomorrow…

#13942 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Yep, that’s the conundrum I’m facing. I really like how much better my games seem to go when I can backhand that left ramp! But now the orbits seem to be all but off the table for me. I’ll just go a little lower tomorrow…

I use a straightedge and align them with the flipper guides. The upper right flipper aligns with the nearby rail.

When it's set correctly, a hit to the left orbit while the flipper is held will hit the COMA target.

#13943 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

It took me quite a lot a bit to get GNR dialed in. I played with the flipper alignments as well as different pitches a lot.

I’ve found the sweet spots seem to be with the flippers near parallel with the guide lanes and top of the pitch bubble between 2nd and 3rd lines. Back handed shots are much harder and pretty much non existent on my setup but that’s how I like it as it forces me to play and not exploit the rules, locks, lane letters with backhandable shots.

#13944 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It took me quite a lot a bit to get GNR dialed in. I played with the flipper alignments as well as different pitches a lot.
I’ve found the sweet spots seem to be with the flippers near parallel with the guide lanes and top of the pitch bubble between 2nd and 3rd lines. Back handed shots are much harder and pretty much non existent on my setup but that’s how I like it as it forces me to play and not exploit the rules, locks, lane letters with backhandable shots.

Way to make me feel bad about wanting to exploit the rules! Let’s consider it my handicap… don’t worry, even backhanding my way to a patch or two and locking balls, I still find plenty of creative ways to drain all day long.

A little more pitch might help me with my inner loop, which likes to fling any weak shot straight to the outlane. I mean nothing but net 50% of the time.

Every game is still so much fun. Thanks for the suggestions people!

#13945 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Way to make me feel bad about wanting to exploit the rules!

Make it fun, don't worry about that.

#13946 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:Hehe...the coma lock is nice to have but it really is not a change to gameplay.

Luckily i don't miss it. Its not physically there indeed but gameplay wise it does not impact gameplay at all. The art is still under the playfield tho.

#13947 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Make it fun, don't worry about that.

Exactly. This pin is a big hit when I have company over. People play it over my others. Its a party pin. I have the lane bumpers placed as high as possible for longer play. I pay very little attention to the scores in this game (maybe individual songs but thats it)

#13948 2 years ago

I can like what I like when I want to like it and I really like this game. It’s fun and the rules are awesome and its pretty and the shots are fun and I am really just liking this game a whole lot.

#13949 2 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

[quoted image]

this is over kill. You don't need BOTH GNR games..... I'll buy the old one from you.

#13950 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I'll take a look next time I play that song, but consider focusing on active band members when there's not an obvious/clear shot. Getting all the active band members fires off Band Frenzy at which point you can feed the pops and blow up the jackpot.

you make it sound so easy.

it's so easy, easy. bahahaha

sorry....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

8,400 (OBO)
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 279 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/279?hl=freddykaboodle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.