IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 567.
#13801 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Remove the screw/post with the circular plastic on it, and the nut pictured on the hotrail.

Thanks ZaphX, much appreciated, I'll try that ! To remove the post with the circular plastic it seems I need to hold right the nut lock beneath it ? If that's the case I don't see how to access it.

#13802 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

Thanks ZaphX, much appreciated, I'll try that ! To remove the post with the circular plastic it seems I need to hold right the nut lock beneath it ? If that's the case I don't see how to access it.

Hold it with one of these:

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=24&product_id=152

#13803 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

Hey - silly issue but since day 1 I've had one dead on arrival rubber which I haven't been able to replace... It's the one below the left red plastic with the rose, above the AMP/GNR lanes.
After unscrewing the 2 nuts and partially unscrewing the nuts of the lightrail (seems I shouldn't unscrew them completely to avoid loosing them ?), I can lift the bottom part but the right part remains stuck. It's as if the plastic was glued to the right screw. I don't want to risk breaking it by applying lots of force . What should I do ?
(I uploaded a short video here if it helps : https://vimeo.com/590275302 )[quoted image]

Is that pooling around the post in your picture..inside the red circle? Or a petg washer?

#13804 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Is that pooling around the post in your picture..inside the red circle? Or a petg washer?

Dude...come on.

#13805 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Dude...come on.

Your non answer implies a washer.
Thanks.

#13806 2 years ago

Second best tool in pinball. First is the 'ol extendable rod with trusty magnetic tip.....

#13807 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Your non answer implies a washer.
Thanks.

Pooling on a plastic?

Besides, pointing out flaws in other people's games is just rude, why make them feel bad about their machines?

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg
#13808 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Rules question. Is there a way to tell the song's value before starting the song? I'm sure there is, but I haven't found it.

I've been wondering the same thing about the song level. pinball_keefer said he thought it was in the status report, but I can't seem to find it either.

Does anyone have a list or can someone tell me what songs are the easiest to play? My 8 year old daughter loves this game but she's getting tired of being booed off stage. She's discovered that she can make it pretty far into My Michelle so she plays that song a lot. I've only had the game a couple of weeks, so the nuances of each song haven't sunk in yet.

#13809 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pooling on a plastic?
Besides, pointing out flaws in other people's games is just rude, why make them feel bad about their machines?[quoted image]

Couldn't tell by the picture.
Feeling bad is a choice.
Trying to be helpful is a perception held by only 1 of the 2 people in this conversation. Helpful was my intent, not rude. Your response was perceived as rude to me, fyi.
"Pooling on plastic?" was a good and helpful response, imo.

#13810 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Looks like another game with pooling. Such a shame.

#13811 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Looks like another game with pooling. Such a shame.

The part he circled was a plastic. Are we going to freak out about washer marks on those too, now?

#13812 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The part he circled was a plastic. Are we going to freak out about washer marks on those too, now?

Drink some water….count to 10…

#13813 2 years ago

Does the slingshot coil pulse duration setting equate to adjusting the strength or power it kicks the ball? Trying to increase slingshot force to clear balls during multiball. Thought this might help but not seeing much difference with this setting incrementally increased to 50 now.

#13814 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Drink some water….count to 10…

vsbvItE_d.jpgvsbvItE_d.jpg
#13815 2 years ago

About 100 games in so far. Took me a while to get a feel for things, but starting to understand it a bit better now. It’s really a unique ruleset. I can see why experienced players who play a couple of games on location walk away scratching their heads. But the more I play this, the more I can feel this one getting under my skin.

#13816 2 years ago

A8B74EAB-2963-4901-84CD-606FD3806919.gifA8B74EAB-2963-4901-84CD-606FD3806919.gif

#13817 2 years ago

More like this….

86F713FD-BB25-4F9E-8770-D2B4D48227CF.gif86F713FD-BB25-4F9E-8770-D2B4D48227CF.gif
#13818 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am not freaking out, just working out what to do with our LE when it turns up. A bit of pooling and chipping has not stopped us buying any games. If I can do anything to minimise it, I am going to.

Maybe check the photo again and you will see a post with pooling.

#13819 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

About 100 games in so far. Took me a while to get a feel for things, but starting to understand it a bit better now. It’s really a unique ruleset. I can see why experienced players who play a couple of games on location walk away scratching their heads. But the more I play this, the more I can feel this one getting under my skin.

Glad you are liking the game!

#13820 2 years ago

Who are these guys Chip and Pool everyone keeps talking about? I only know Axl and Slash

#13821 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

Thanks. Also, i have a problem with the ball getting stuck on top right corner of playfield. It sits on one of those vibrating things. Heres a picture of the part. It usually will sit there for about 30 seconds to a minute than it will sense that its there and start vibrating again than thats when it moves. Do you know how to fix that?
[quoted image]

raise your back legs if switch is good

#13822 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am not freaking out, just working out what to do with our LE when it turns up. A bit of pooling and chipping has not stopped us buying any games. If I can do anything to minimise it, I am going to.
Maybe check the photo again and you will see a post with pooling.

I don't see posts at all other than the ones in the plastic.

7f43fd9daf47b6dbd6a8649e55290c7ec61113cb.jpg7f43fd9daf47b6dbd6a8649e55290c7ec61113cb.jpg
#13823 2 years ago

Got to give a shout out to PinMonk ’s cooling fans for this. Flippers stay consistent strong even through the most intense and long games.

#13824 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Got to give a shout out to PinMonk ’s cooling fans for this. Flippers stay consistent strong even through the most intense and long games.

They really do make a very noticeable difference. They are on my list of must-do mods for Guns:

- PinMonk flipper fans
- Invisiwall for the left plastic
- Padding or velcro under the left ramp return
- cybevenom pop bumper mod to fix the stucky by the pops

#13825 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Thanks much for the testimonial! Once you've played on a machine with active flipper coil cooling, it's hard to go back.

Quoted from zaphX:

They really do make a very noticeable difference. They are on my list of must-do mods for Guns:

Preorders for these should be shipping out Tues/Wed of this coming week. It's a regularly stocked item now in the pinmonk.com store.

#13826 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

-Invisiwall for the left plastic

Haven’t noticed any issues here, what am I looking for?

#13827 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The ball will sometimes catch air and hop over the plastic on the left with the circular plastic on top. When this happens, it often goes straight out the outlane with no chance for a save. The barrier prevents that.

Installs like this...

ball shield final (resized).jpgball shield final (resized).jpg
#13828 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The ball will hop over the GNR switch and fail to register when it comes back through the catwalk ramp return.
A little padding (I used the fuzzy side of some velcro) inside it - which is invisible to the player - halts it and makes it trigger the switch.

#13829 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The ball will sometimes catch air and hop over the plastic on the left with the circular plastic on top. When this happens, it often goes straight out the outlane with no chance for a save. The barrier prevents that.
Installs like this...[quoted image]

Guns n Roses Airball Drain Barrier… ordered 5 minutes ago , thanks for this Vireland!

1AC1F4C5-8024-4C56-A3DA-77B38203FD4D (resized).jpeg1AC1F4C5-8024-4C56-A3DA-77B38203FD4D (resized).jpeg
#13830 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This solution looks very professional.

Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Guns n Roses Airball Drain Barrier… ordered 5 minutes ago, thanks for this Vireland!
[quoted image]

Just ordered right now also!
I'm 1735!

Screenshot_20210821-224244_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210821-224244_Gmail (resized).jpg
#13831 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The ball will hop over the GNR switch and fail to register when it comes back through the catwalk ramp return.
A little padding (I used the fuzzy side of some velcro) inside it - which is invisible to the player - halts it and makes it trigger the switch.

I thought it was just me. My ball will bump out of the GNR lane and roll down the sling.

I used some electrical tape. It works 9/10 times now. But, it comes off every now and then. I need a nice sticky backed piece of Velcro/Felt I think.

#13832 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Guns n Roses Airball Drain Barrier… ordered 5 minutes ago , thanks for this Vireland!
[quoted image]

Thanks for the support! I think you'll be very pleased with it.

#13833 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't see posts at all other than the ones in the plastic.
[quoted image]

Try the first photo with the piece of plastic stopping the ball getting stuck. Hopefully you are looking at the correct photos!

#13834 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm 1735![quoted image]

It started as a solution from Cybevenom in Europe, but shipping was going to be a hassle, and a lot of people wanted it, so I eventually volunteered to take the project over (and gave Cybevenom a Tibetan Breeze kit since he was the genesis of the idea).

Looked like a really easy project (and SHOULD have been, but, well...ME), but I decided to "improve it" and it ended up taking THREE MONTHS to get right, partially because I wanted to test three thicknesses of polycarbonate and there were some measuring errors in the revisions due to the thickness of the 3mm version. Plus I had to send every revision out for testing because my GnR wasn't here yet.

Anyway, got there eventually. It is very substantial feeling/looking, and I think jjGnR owners will be happy with it.
shield v2 abbreviated drawing set (resized).jpgshield v2 abbreviated drawing set (resized).jpg

#13835 2 years ago

Ordered!!

#13836 2 years ago

What dealers have an LE in stock?

#13837 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

None that I know of have LEs in stock at present.

Automated says they have LE GnR in stock for immediate shipping, but that may just be an out of date page. Worth a call, though.

#13838 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Funny thing, I’m thinking this hasn’t happened to me in 100 or so games for some reason, won’t bother buying. Then I play a couple of games after reading your post, and happens on the very last ball.

Will probably order with another set of fans for Wonka.

#13839 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Funny thing, I’m thinking this hasn’t happened to me in 100 or so games for some reason, won’t bother buying. Then I play a couple of games after reading your post, and happens on the very last ball.

Proof we are living in a simulation.

#13840 2 years ago

So my spot light motors aren’t working after 100 games. Is it worth getting replacements from JJP or is it better to buy the 3rd party replacements i read about somewhere?

#13841 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Pinside market got a bunch

#13842 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I'm 1735![quoted image]

This makes my hart all warm and fuzzy.

#13843 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It started as a solution from Cybevenom in Europe, but shipping was going to be a hassle, and a lot of people wanted it, so I eventually volunteered to take the project over (and gave Cybevenom a Tibetan Breeze kit since he was the genesis of the idea).
Looked like a really easy project (and SHOULD have been, but, well...ME), but I decided to "improve it" and it ended up taking THREE MONTHS to get right, partially because I wanted to test three thicknesses of polycarbonate and there were some measuring errors in the revisions due to the thickness of the 3mm version. Plus I had to send every revision out for testing because my GnR wasn't here yet.
Anyway, got there eventually. It is very substantial feeling/looking, and I think jjGnR owners will be happy with it.
[quoted image]

This makes my heart all warm and fuzzy. Hope everyone enjoyes it. And for sure PinMonks evolution looks solid.

#13844 2 years ago

Is there a setting to turning off the spotlights/cam lights whatever they are called? As in movement whilst still lit.

#13845 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Is there a setting to turning off the spotlights/cam lights whatever they are called? As in movement whilst still lit.

Unplug the motor wires going into the back of them.

#13846 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So my spot light motors aren’t working after 100 games. Is it worth getting replacements from JJP or is it better to buy the 3rd party replacements i read about somewhere?

Contact JJP. Be patient, you'll get replacements.

#13847 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Contact JJP. Be patient, you'll get replacements.

Don’t doubt that I’ll get replacements, but I read somewhere there is an updated version of the lights? Or is it just bracket that someone has updated?

#13848 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Don’t doubt that I’ll get replacements, but I read somewhere there is an updated version of the lights? Or is it just bracket that someone has updated?

.. there are 3d printer files to make your own replacement bracket parts if they broke and you have access to a printer... links are here somewhere and files located on thingyverse.... I think zaphX contributed info on replacement servos you can get from hobby stores/sites.

#13849 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:They really do make a very noticeable difference. They are on my list of must-do mods for Guns:
- PinMonk flipper fans
- cybevenom pop bumper mod to fix the stucky by the pops

Yay!! I made the list twice
I just love this game so much. Even more now some frustrating bits are gone when playing. And Pinmonk's fans really, really make a big difference.

#13850 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:Rules question. Is there a way to tell the song's value before starting the song? I'm sure there is, but I haven't found it.

Quoted from killborn:

I've been wondering the same thing about the song level. pinball_keefer said he thought it was in the status report, but I can't seem to find it either. ...

I've been trying to find that info as well. Not seeing it though, which is surprising as it certainly would be nice to know the current song level you're at before starting one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/277 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.