IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 569.
#13551 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just FYI I did not use metal washers on top of the petg I think those will add too much pressure and you're going to now create a larger circle of pooling... Again your mileage may vary I'm just saying what I've experienced over 1,700 plays using posts on bare PETG with no metal washer. The point of using the petg was that it was rigid but yet slightly flexible to allow some give at the edges I'm afraid a metal washer is going to force down too much of that contact surface and you're going to create a larger problem over time... just my opinion though

I used the metal washer on all of them that had metal washers. I am a but nervous about the torque and if I over torqued. I really did try to NOT over do it, but I think tomorrow I'm going to loosen them just a little.

#13552 2 years ago

Had to cut a couple of the washers but they fit great. Some lifting was happening back here so I wanted to get this done.

I thought I ordered too many washers, just to be safe. But I ended up using every last one of them.

There are probably half a dozen more I could do but they were too much work and I ran out of washers for now.

Thanks for all the advice and help!

20210814_225704 (resized).jpg20210814_225704 (resized).jpg20210814_225944 (resized).jpg20210814_225944 (resized).jpg20210814_231445 (resized).jpg20210814_231445 (resized).jpg20210814_231455 (resized).jpg20210814_231455 (resized).jpg20210814_231505 (resized).jpg20210814_231505 (resized).jpg20210814_233236 (resized).jpg20210814_233236 (resized).jpg
#13553 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You need to know whether the led strip is 5V or 12v. You can use a computer ATX power splitter (like this: amazon.com link ») to split off the pwr1 connector on the big board in the backbox. But that will have both 5v and 12v so you need to know what you need. You also should keep track of the amp draw so you don't overload the line.

I'll probably go with a 5v. No reason not to in this application.

If they are individually addressable then this connector will be ok for lower. But where will they get data?

If they are no individually addressable then how would this connector work? I'll have to check out the strips and see what's up.

Thanks PinMonk for the link!

#13554 2 years ago

Switch was registering as stuck closed. Pyro target. (The playfield display is SO HELPFUL! It was calling it the lower bumper switch which was very misleading).

Had to notch this washer as well as the target was stuck on it.

20210815_093557 (resized).jpg20210815_093557 (resized).jpg
#13555 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Just FYI I did not use metal washers on top of the petg I think those will add too much pressure and you're going to now create a larger circle of pooling... Again your mileage may vary I'm just saying what I've experienced over 1,700 plays using posts on bare PETG with no metal washer. The point of using the petg was that it was rigid but yet slightly flexible to allow some give at the edges I'm afraid a metal washer is going to force down too much of that contact surface and you're going to create a larger problem over time... just my opinion though

So you would recommend removing the factory washers (black and metal) and replacing with just clear PETG? I think that makes sense.

#13556 2 years ago

put a rubber on that inlane post, guys. barely makes any difference to gameplay, and you won't be hitting metal post with metal ball. that can't be good for the playfield. i put one on the upper playfield post, too.

#13557 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

So you would recommend removing the factory washers (black and metal) and replacing with just clear PETG? I think that makes sense.

Yes

#13558 2 years ago

Been great being a part of this group since December. I appreciate everyone’s help. Hopefully JJP will get this playfield quality under control some day!

Good luck and enjoy!!!

#13559 2 years ago

With newer build games, late June / July going forward, with the latest combination of black washers, longer posts, nuts, etc is it still necessary to remove the black washers and replace with PETG ones? We were hearing multiple reports of pooling / chipping with some April, May, and early June builds but that seems to have stopped completely with the latest build games.

#13560 2 years ago

well that just means that them new buyers know how to play the game better and did not destroy the playfields themselves per Mr Jersey Jack . Good buyers ,well done .

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

With newer build games, late June / July going forward, with the latest combination of black washers, longer posts, nuts, etc is it still necessary to remove the black washers and replace with PETG ones? We were hearing multiple reports of pooling / chipping with some April, May, and early June builds but that seems to have stopped completely with the latest build games.

#13561 2 years ago

Speaking of settings, I’m trying this and enjoying it. Definitely for more above average players but:

• +5 sec band member increase to ball save
• 25 sec Max song ball save
• 25 (max) power chord timer - which is called super lock in settings.
> EDIT: changed this power chord timer to 22 secs. Fiddle to your liking.

Now if only we can convince keefer or Joe to give us waypoints that trigger a ball saver, like 5 song waves trigger 15 sec ball saver or something. I think some songs have this. Oh, and we need a longer ball save on the power chord jackpot.

#13562 2 years ago

Quick question, has anyone received replacement parts for the spotlights lately? Both of mine are broken and I keep getting told that there on back order for a few months.

#13563 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I have a July build and I wouldn’t say the pooling is gone, it’s just not at the previous problem areas. I’m keeping an eye on the posts and adding PETG washers when I see pooling. There are just too many posts to get them all right away.

2218C587-AED7-4576-9EB0-EE9E0B803595 (resized).jpeg2218C587-AED7-4576-9EB0-EE9E0B803595 (resized).jpegBB114621-C9B5-4581-BD83-6225B2C0C5B6 (resized).jpegBB114621-C9B5-4581-BD83-6225B2C0C5B6 (resized).jpeg
#13564 2 years ago

This post and another one were my project for today. Unfortunately the other one is by the pops and under the upper play field and guitar lock and is a little too hard to get at today.

2611987E-4148-4F51-8E64-E62330777987 (resized).jpeg2611987E-4148-4F51-8E64-E62330777987 (resized).jpeg7AD7942B-90B4-44F1-BC4E-325018839524 (resized).jpeg7AD7942B-90B4-44F1-BC4E-325018839524 (resized).jpeg
#13565 2 years ago

Hi JJP owners,

I just received my Guns LE, I need an info that will make me keep or sell the game !

I love the game as much as I hate the multiple multiball!

How can the designers let that one slip?

It ruins the whole experience, instead of appreciating the masterful theme and layout…I’m always wathing 2 inches above the flippers for too many balls!!!!

Am I the only one complaining ? Are they gonna correct the code?

Or Might as well sell it?

Thx

Stef

#13566 2 years ago

Sell it if you don't understand it. They won't change the code to eliminate it, that would ruin it.

#13567 2 years ago

have not played my Game in like 3 weeks due to awaiting info on playfield warranty and ,should i or should i not put on protective washers . Anyway my first 3 games i did not achieve a multiball except maybe Pyro on one of them , After that i just Did a GC score and 14k Jackpot with Patience . The code seems very good to me right now aside from Desert demolition but love the game as is . Multiball = Broken . I can not say it is.

Quoted from stefallica:

Hi JJP owners,
I just received my Guns LE, I need an info that will make me keep or sell the game !
It ruins the whole experience, instead of appreciating the masterful theme and layout…I’m always wathing 2 inches above the flippers for too many balls!!!!
Thx
Stef

#13568 2 years ago
Quoted from stefallica:

Hi JJP owners,
Thx
Stef

In home collections, it helps if the games are different from one another. It is unique in any collection due to the layout and play style. Multi-balls are GREAT, this just has more than most.

The artwork, lights, and music are some of the best of all-time.

#13569 2 years ago
Quoted from stefallica:

Hi JJP owners,
Thx
Stef

See my comments a few posts above yours. In short, adjust the settings. Default settings are intended for location players.

#13570 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would only replace the Black if you didn't like the look... The JJP factory washers on black or clear seem to be the same material... I have not removed my original clear on my machine as they never were an issue.

#13571 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Greetings Programs!
Sorry for the delay - I had to get the daughter to college and I reworked the monitors again. Here is the final install:
[quoted image]
This was not an easy project, but it is oh so nice to be able to see what’s on the 2 monitors without lifting your head!
The main mirror monitor I used is in a nice encapsulated aluminum case, but it does result in 2 cables that are visible and run under the apron. I’ll give a link to that one and what I believe is the same monitor but with a breakout board for an even cleaner look - but it wasn’t worth it to me to shell out $$ again since the first one worked fine. The main mirror monitor works flawlessly and is an easy install. The monitor is attached via magnetic sheet to the apron.
The PF monitor is a pain in the butt to mirror. JJP is using a custom designed breakout board and it doesn’t play nice with anything. I finally found a monitor/splitter combo that works but with a few issues: the monitor is not IPS so it looks fine when looking down at it but is a little washed out from an angle. The original PF monitor has some weird artifacts during bootup but looks ok during gameplay (although I think it’s slightly brighter than it was before). It’s good enough for me, but could be further improved on if you have the patience and extra $$ (I ended up with 3 monitors that didn’t work and many weeks of waiting on shipments).
I tucked the breakout board under the apron. Both the monitor and breakout board are mounted with magnetic sheets.
[quoted image]
Here’s the parts list of everything I used:
Main monitor splitter:
amazon.com link »
Playfield monitor splitter:
amazon.com link »
1920x1080 monitor:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/7-1920x1080-Monitor-Usb-Type-c_1600279078887.html
This one is from the same company and has a breakout board, but have not tried it:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Landscape-7-inch-1920-1080-IPS_1600120898376.html
800x480 monitor:
ebay.com link: itm
Ribbon cable extension:
amazon.com link »
Cables:
MicroUSB Power for PF mirror:
amazon.com link »
Angle HDMI for PF mirror:
amazon.com link »
Angle HDMI Adaptor for main mirror:
amazon.com link »
HDMI for main mirror:
amazon.com link »
USBC Power for main mirror:
amazon.com link »
Power Cable:
Power splitter:
amazon.com link »
USB splitter dual pack:
amazon.com link »
5V to screw terminal USB:
amazon.com link »
Magnetic sheets:
amazon.com link »
Power cable that I fashioned to be plug and play with an unused ATX plug:
[quoted image]

Looks great! Please explain the breakout board and where to get one. I have all the listed parts in carts and that’s the last part that i need I think.

#13572 2 years ago

so whats the latest on playfields? still chipping? supposed to pick one up in a few weeks, im debating. mine is being built as we speak.

#13573 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so whats the latest on playfields? still chipping? supposed to pick one up in a few weeks, im debating. mine is being built as we speak.

My opinion (which is admittedly unpopular):

Do not stress about this. Play your game and enjoy it as it comes from the factory.
If something chips, cover it and keep enjoying your game.
Take advantage of the playfield offer if you'd like to have iron-clad peace of mind.

It is a toy designed to bring game-playing enjoyment.

#13574 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do not stress about this. Play your game and enjoy it as it comes from the factory.
Take advantage of the playfield offer if you'd like to have iron-clad peace of mind.

I am so much in agreement with zaphX here. Play it, and play its heart out. Just keep an eye out for your posts. If it chips, cover with a Mylar ring and JJP washer and move on.

#13575 2 years ago

But I’m enjoying looking at large box in my living room as I contemplate opening or selling it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13576 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It is a toy designed to bring game-playing enjoyment.</blockq
open it and enjoy the crap out of it!!!

But I’m enjoying looking at large box in my living room as I contemplate opening or selling it.

#13577 2 years ago

open it and play the crap out of it

#13578 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"fd8c7d346000d6d323a3999443f8294ba6f0dccd-1629071063-1800"};
//]]>

You gotta open that puppy up and play it. I mean, if not, then why did you buy it in the first place?

#13579 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve accepted that it is was it is. Anyone who pays off the balance of their machine and takes delivery will need to accept that it will likely happen. It is a bad clear coat formula. They need to use more of Part B.

#13580 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I am so much in agreement with zaphX here. Play it, and play its heart out. Just keep an eye out for your posts. If it chips, cover with a Mylar ring and JJP washer and move on.

I could not agree more. I'm not into it being perfect. I'm into playing the mess out of one of the best games of all time, jamming to one of the best bands of all time, and having fun with my friends!

That's what it's about. Do the maintenance, keep it as good as possible. It's like a car.... If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

#13581 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You gotta open that puppy up and play it. I mean, if not, then why did you buy it in the first place?

When I originally bought it, it didn’t come advertised with 6 hours of PF prep just to play it, JJP not backing their playfields & product, Jack blaming owners for chips, and Mirco threatening to sue people over a flawed PF’s. My 90’s pins definitely didn’t come with this esp my DE GNR. Knowing this advance, definitely wouldn’t have bought it. So haven’t decided yet, still weighing the pros/cons

#13582 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I started off in agreement with you until JJP started the whole attitude thing and i realized that the 'fixes' aren't fixes.

It's a matter of time i think until the playfield has bare wood showing everywhere, i believe it will just keep spreading and there are enough posts now starting to show it spreading out from under larger washers for me to believe that it will keep going.

New playfield is just another piece of wood with faulty clear, it's not in any way iron-clad. It's the same as the piece of shit playfield we already have.

#13583 2 years ago

I like the vibe of the last several posts and I am in complete agreement! I’m taking delivery on Friday and I’m pretty pumped up to play the crap out of it. I am curious to see my build date and to see preventative measures taken. This is the first game I’m buying on complete hype and review. I hope it’s all what most of you’ve said it is. I remember before I bought Zelda breath of the wild for my switch there was all these amazing reviews and of course several negative nilley’s who’s thought it was tedious and made strong arguments. After playing the game to its conclusion I couldn’t disagree more with the negative nilly’s. I just hope it was worth selling my Dialed In for…

#13584 2 years ago

I’m still getting random auto launch’s, checked the harness and no nicks, reset all plugs on board and calibrated skill shot multiple times. Has anyone that has experienced this fixed it?

#13585 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I started off in agreement with you until JJP started the whole attitude thing and i realized that the 'fixes' aren't fixes.
It's a matter of time i think until the playfield has bare wood showing everywhere, i believe it will just keep spreading and there are enough posts now starting to show it spreading out from under larger washers for me to believe that it will keep going.
New playfield is just another piece of wood with faulty clear, it's not in any way iron-clad. It's the same as the piece of shit playfield we already have.

Agreed. This video is crazy.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSkk90bngO_/?utm_medium=copy_link

So basically you’d have to buy a new PF from JJP and then have Kruzman (or somebody else) clean & re-clear the PF. Getting a replacement with the same poor processes clear coat from Micro is a no go. You would never replace a PF unless you have 1000% assurance the clear isn’t going to fly away

#13586 2 years ago

I just had my eyes on a Aug 2021 build machine. They have removed all the metal washers from under their posts and used what I assume is PETG washers in clear and black on a few of the posts where they sit on the darker areas of the artwork. So maybe they already did the washer prep work for you now its just a matter of will it hold up now.

#13587 2 years ago

Agreed. This video is crazy.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSkk90bngO_/?utm_medium=copy_link
So basically you’d have to buy a new PF from JJP and then have Kruzman (or somebody else) clean & re-clear the PF. Getting a replacement with the same poor processes clear coat from Micro is a no go. You would never replace a PF unless you have 1000% assurance the clear isn’t going to fly away

That is horrendous.

#13588 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I just had my eyes on a Aug 2021 build machine. They have removed all the metal washers from under their posts and used what I assume is PETG washers in clear and black on a few of the posts where they sit on the darker areas of the artwork. So maybe they already did the washer prep work for you now its just a matter of will it hold up now.

That’s kinda what I’m hoping. I’m in no rush to open or sell at this point. Probably gonna be staring at this box for a couple months and see how the new ones play out

#13590 2 years ago

Love this promo Dan!! Love your product as well. Can't wait to see what's coming.

#13591 2 years ago

Hopefully they make a pinsound competitor

#13592 2 years ago

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2115acaefb11fe8aab25ee4b92a6c5852ab061a1-1629081671-1800"};
//]]>

I’m in the pissed off crowd and Id say open it and Jamb the Fuck out .It’s incredible ,I just look at it as If I don’t get square ,this will be my last JJP and couldn’t pick a better one.

#13593 2 years ago

Hopefully they make a pinsound competitor

Naw, we don't cross lanes unless there is a brake check!

#13594 2 years ago

I’m in no rush to open or sell at this point. Probably gonna be staring at this box for a couple months and see how the new ones play out

Contemplating the irony of this... while you stare at your unopened GnR, I am impatiently wishing for the phone call..

#13595 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Love this promo Dan!! Love your product as well. Can't wait to see what's coming.

GoT to have some fun with it!

#13596 2 years ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Spaghetti73 ... Where did you get the red plastic protectors?

#13597 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Contemplating the irony of this... while you stare at your unopened GnR, I am impatiently wishing for the phone call..

I know, right?

Put a deposit on a Multimorphic the other day and Gerry said 16 weeks. two days later someone posted that Cointaker has stock spare.

This was me (but with tattoos);

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#13598 2 years ago

That's fucking awesome!

Is it the secret I know Dan?

#13599 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's fucking awesome!
Is it the secret I know Dan?

Naw, nobody can know about THAT secret! But, watch out for Drop Bears mate! Mrs. and I are still laughing about that.

#13600 2 years ago
Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

Looks great! Please explain the breakout board and where to get one. I have all the listed parts in carts and that’s the last part that i need I think.

If you are referring to the two main monitor links I posted - the first monitor is completely encased and you’ll have 2 cables that run under the apron. That’s the monitor I used.

The second monitor link is the same display, but the breakout board (the board with the power and video ports) is attached via a ribbon cable and can be mounted under the apron. I wouldn’t know which specific components you’ll need if you go this route - I just mentioned it was a possible alternate version.

The PF monitor I used has the breakout board attached to the monitor with double sided tape. I cut the double sided tape and mounted the breakout board under the apron using the ribbon cable extension.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Purcellville, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,412 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/272?hl=freddykaboodle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.