IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg
20240407_215717 (resized).jpg
20240407_215654 (resized).jpg
20240407_215630 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 566.
#13451 2 years ago

Where do we get a EMAX ES2054 servo?

#13452 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hey man, i'm an owner.
The question was asked and i gave my answer, it's not about bashing anyone, it's about not supporting a company that doesn't look after their customers.

I guess I’m just exhausted reading all the negative shit on Pinside!

#13453 2 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:Where do we get a EMAX ES2054 servo?

I was gonna ask as well!

#13454 2 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

Where do we get a EMAX ES2054 servo?

Go to the top of any page in this thread. Click on "show topic index". Then click on "keypost summary" to sort by that. Then click show all index. Look for TECH:Lighting. There's an entry with a link to the post with the links of where to buy it.

#13455 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Aside from what's mentioned in the bulletproofing your NIB in the key posts with the washers..
Two...
Pinwoofer
Pinmonks Tbreeze fans.
After that it's just customizing.
So tell us...(or me)
Did you order direct or from a distributor?
What was your order date?
Which number pin did you get?
What was the born on build date on the back?
Congrats!

Thank you for asking!
I bought it from a friend in my area. It is #1213, and The build date is 5/21

These look amazing already, but I always like to check if there are any mods that take it up another level. Thank you for the advice!

#13456 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thanks Loyd. Got it thanks. Flippers were activating switch 18 bumper rubber.

Hey all. So I have this same issue tonight on my game. Do I need to bend these apart or what’s the fix?

#13457 2 years ago
Quoted from kumanaga:

Thanks! I went back and forth on DP vs AIQ and I just have more fun with AIQ, and I like the "Battle Royale" mode when I have friends over... to each their own.

You have chosen wisely.

#13458 2 years ago

Those of you waiting to play your machines until you’ve fully protected your playfields to the best of our abilities are special people—and by that I mean you’re either amazing or defective. Both work.

Got my buddy to help me bring in good old #1918 this afternoon in some oppressive heat (I am convinced there are gold bars hidden somewhere in this game, I’ve never felt a heavier pin). We get ‘er up on her legs and I thank him and show him the box full of petg washers, Mylar rings, cliffy set, iron, etc, and tell him I’ve got a few hours ahead of me. He laughs and nods to the three other people from my house, pinning us in like starved jackals, and he says “I think we’d better plug it in.”

I’ll get to it, I promise. Had a couple of stuck switches out of the box but things seem to be going pretty well and everyone is super excited to see how my playfield protections work out as soon as I fumigate them out of there.

For my buddy @vespula, ordered January 12 from a distributor

25AE35EE-7376-4166-936B-5404E82C8943 (resized).jpeg25AE35EE-7376-4166-936B-5404E82C8943 (resized).jpeg72760E45-DC1F-4216-9524-E11B8726A883 (resized).jpeg72760E45-DC1F-4216-9524-E11B8726A883 (resized).jpeg
#13459 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

Hey all. So I have this same issue tonight on my game. Do I need to bend these apart or what’s the fix?

Yes. I just adjusted switch sensitivity by opening the gap until it registered with a ball hit and not by activating the flippers.

#13460 2 years ago

Hello. I want to run Pin Monk’s flipper coil fans but have the Mod Couple coin door shadow box.

Looks like they both use the bill exchanger plug for power…..

Didn’t realize this.
Anyone else try to do this?

#13461 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Hello. I want to run Pin Monk’s flipper coil fans but have the Mod Couple coin door shadow box.
Didn’t realize this.

CD0E59A7-D6B5-4194-928E-8A52EF2FAD81 (resized).jpegCD0E59A7-D6B5-4194-928E-8A52EF2FAD81 (resized).jpeg
#13462 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Amazing show last night in Fargo!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I want the poster!

#13463 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I guess I’m just exhausted reading all the negative shit on Pinside!

I know, it got to me too which is why I had to space for a while.

#13464 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Didn’t realize this.

No, the flipper fans use a splitter in the backbox for power. I also have a Mod Couple shadow box.

#13465 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, the flipper fans use a splitter in the backbox for power. I also have a Mod Couple shadow box.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

#13466 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Yes. I just adjusted switch sensitivity by opening the gap until it registered with a ball hit and not by activating the flippers.

I gave it a few flicks with my finger and it’s good.

#13467 2 years ago

I highly recommend this set for adjusting leaf switches.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK

Attach and bend as close to the base as possible.

Don't use needlenose pliers; they will twist the switch.

#13468 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Those of you waiting to play your machines until you’ve fully protected your playfields to the best of our abilities are special people—and by that I mean you’re either amazing or defective. Both work.

Yeah I t’s hard to have it sitting around for a few days and not be playing it.

#13469 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I highly recommend this set for adjusting leaf switches.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK
Attach and bend as close to the base as possible.
Don't use needlenose pliers; they will twist the switch.

What he said^^^^^^^^

#13470 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call Barry at JJP.
LTG : )

LTG

Is Barry still the go to guy for the record stickers? I need to stop my wobbling and am going to need new stickers. Would like to choose a couple or more.

#13471 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I need to stop my wobbling

There is a screw under the sticker. You may have loosened it when you were adjusting the wrong thing for height.

Contact Nate for a new sticker.

#13472 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Didn’t realize this.

I do not. On JJP the power comes from the backbox PWR1 connector and runs down into the cabinet.

Edit: Foiled again! ZaphX got in there first!

#13473 2 years ago

Does anyone know if it's an option to turn off add a ball during song modes? I like the default settings but for tournament / league play I was wondering if add a ball during song modes can be turned off. Part of me also wants to try it for home play as playing a song mode with only the balls you earn prior to starting a mode seems like an extra challenge.

#13474 2 years ago
Quoted from Dashmonster:

Cut the plug for the old LED and spliced in two 6 foot fixtures from amazon[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure where this was spliced from. My light has 2 small blue wires. I don't see those on here or the plug the connect to.

Would love to try this. Any help (pics and instructions) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

#13476 2 years ago

I'm thinking about adding some spotlights for the Axl figure and band members on the "stage" of the SE.

But, I looked under the playfield tonight.... WHERE IN THE HELL WOULD I HOOK INTO?

Every. Single. Light... is on a board with a connector, not good old soldering.... Where would I get the power from?

#13477 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a screw under the sticker. You may have loosened it when you were adjusting the wrong thing for height.
Contact Nate for a new sticker.

Thank you sir. So... I held the disc steady and tightened the very bottom screw in the mech. I went as far as I was comfortable with, really slowly, then went a touch more.

It seems to have dramatically lessened the wobbling. I won't be playing it until Saturday probably as my washers and some new rubbers are coming tomorrow. I'll post some post game results.

And, I'll contact Nate.

#13478 2 years ago

I’ll stay nice in this thread .I agree the robot eye start button with the trumpanzee control is perfect ! Also the modcouple shadowbox is a must looks incredible and the flipper toppers are second to none ,I even feel the extra weight adds a little muscle to them if that makes sense .I’m finally on vacation from my regular job this week so Monday I’m taking kids on a fishing charter as school starts mid week but I’ve cleared my schedual after to get the kit and new rubbers installed so we can get back at this adrenalin rush .Just please understand ,I’d imagine most of us with the PF issues just want a personal call on the subject with a plan (whatever it may be) in place .Everyone’s case is different and should be addressed as such .As far as I go I just want honest closure and move on from there .I have always stuck to my guns (no pun ) that I truly love this pin and am sticking with it no matter ,just please JJP show us some respect and you’ll be rewarded with lifetime customers .To all enjoy your games that’s what it’s there for .That’s why we buy these it’s entertainment at its best .

3F756820-F0E1-44F3-849D-CEE0FB51A96D (resized).jpeg3F756820-F0E1-44F3-849D-CEE0FB51A96D (resized).jpeg41662749-08A8-49FF-87EF-842A89D010D4 (resized).jpeg41662749-08A8-49FF-87EF-842A89D010D4 (resized).jpeg
#13479 2 years ago

Hi,
Well I thought everything was great with my playfield lights after resetting usb and Ethernet cables but it keeps happening. Only the side LED lighting comes. Don’t know if software issue or not. I have only been able to play a few games with the playfield lights on. I am getting this error on the start up. I am at a lost. The lights don’t cut off during a games so I don’t think it is a connection issue. Any help would be great. Only 2nd day owning it. Also screws in bottom of cabinet which I am trying to figure out where they go. Any advice/help would be much appreciated.

#13480 2 years ago

Deleted

#13481 2 years ago

Deleted

#13482 2 years ago

Deleted

#13483 2 years ago

Deleted

#13484 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

If you don't have a CE:
[quoted image]

Are they already available?

#13485 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Are they already available?

Not yet as far as I'm aware. I have mine ordered and am awaiting shipping.

#13486 2 years ago

I received my replacement solenoid for the Axl magnet from JJP. Does anyone know if the problem with this blowing has been fixed or is it a waste to install the new one?

#13487 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

I received my replacement solenoid for the Axl magnet from JJP. Does anyone know if the problem with this blowing has been fixed or is it a waste to install the new one?

Some people have reported the replacements are more robust. My take? Try it and if it fails again just remove the thermal fuse and rock without it.

I have experienced no ill effects after running fuseless.

#13488 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I'm thinking about adding some spotlights for the Axl figure and band members on the "stage" of the SE.
But, I looked under the playfield tonight.... WHERE IN THE HELL WOULD I HOOK INTO?
Every. Single. Light... is on a board with a connector, not good old soldering.... Where would I get the power from?

I added the spotlight for Axl as well, just used a T-tap to tap into the hotrail lighting to power it.

#13489 2 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

You should be good to go. I posted a few weeks back that I thought my new one blew, but to my surprise it was working the next week (when I powered up again). So either it never failed and I mis-diagnosed, or the new ones have an auto reset based on temperature. In either case, it’s still running like a champ.

EDIT: and as zaphX suggested and he helped me, I used my old coil to bypass the thermal switch, so I have that ready to go if needed.

#13490 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone know if it's an option to turn off add a ball during song modes? I like the default settings but for tournament / league play I was wondering if add a ball during song modes can be turned off. Part of me also wants to try it for home play as playing a song mode with only the balls you earn prior to starting a mode seems like an extra challenge.

Just a heads up, there is a setting to turn add a ball off for song modes. I disabled add a ball for song modes and think the game is so much better for it. The player already has the opportunity to earn up to a 6 ball multiball prior to a song starting + the default song mode ball saver is 60 seconds. With add a ball turned off I think it makes going for locks prior to starting a song mode more meaningful and it adds more risk to continue going through stages during a song. Leaving add a ball on for song modes makes the game too multiball heavy in my opinion, the game seems more fun with the setting turned off.

#13491 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just a heads up, there is a setting to turn add a ball off for song modes. I disabled add a ball for song modes and think the game is so much better for it. The player already has the opportunity to earn up to a 6 ball multiball prior to a song starting + the default song mode ball saver is 60 seconds. With add a ball turned off I think it makes going for locks prior to starting a song mode more meaningful and it adds more risk to continue going through stages during a song.

I wish I were a stronger player, those add-a-balls are life to me. Plus the whole "decision point" stress of "bail now, or push your luck?" is awesome.

#13492 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wish I were a stronger player, those add-a-balls are life to me. Plus the whole "decision point" stress of "bail now, or push your luck?" is awesome.

Yeah good point. I like that the programmers loaded the game up with a lot of different settings to tweak it as we see fit. Game is awesome!

#13493 2 years ago

Errr so removing the upper playfield to install cliffys… step 5 of FF’s excellent instructions ask me to trace all the wires coming off the upper playfield and unplug them where they end up. Is this easier than it appears, because everything is ziptied so beautifully down here, and the wires snake all over themselves, and I’m intimidated. Just looking for some courage perhaps?

#13494 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Plus the whole "decision point" stress of "bail now, or push your luck?" is awesome.

I totally agree. Also, when you make that decision to go for it, having multiple balls in play, then you get down to one ball and “applause jackpot is lit” and then miss..miss..miss..OMG why is that scoop right in front of me so hard to freaking hit ?!?!?

#13495 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Errr so removing the upper playfield to install cliffys… step 5 of FF’s excellent instructions ask me to trace all the wires coming off the upper playfield and unplug them where they end up. Is this easier than it appears, because everything is ziptied so beautifully down here, and the wires snake all over themselves, and I’m intimidated. Just looking for some courage perhaps?

I never needed to unplug anything. I just snipped a few zip ties and pulled a little more slack. I had enough room to install the cliffy. Some of those connectors seemed a bit to tough for my taste to disconnect

#13496 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I never needed to unplug anything. I just snipped a few zip ties and pulled a little more slack. I had enough room to install the cliffy. Some of those connectors seemed a bit to tough for my taste to disconnect

Interesting and thank you, I will try it your way first

#13497 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I snipped the zip ties (only the ones needed to free the UPF wiring) and then used a velcro tie to replace it when done. I've had that UPF off like 6 or 8 times so far. Multiple different cliffys, a plastic replacement, blue pad replacement, etc.

#13498 2 years ago

I just snipped all the ones I needed to, removed the upper PF, and put new ones back when I put it back. It honestly feels a lot more complex than it is.

The guide was a lifesaver BTW!

#13499 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I added the spotlight for Axl as well, just used a T-tap to tap into the hotrail lighting to power it.

So I guess you could T-Tap any of the power sources. Should probably keep it to one for lights though.

I was hesitant to think of doing that as I don't really want to splice into a wire. Alligator clips are so much less intrusive. hahaha

#13500 2 years ago

That’s a good idea—next time I go after the upper pf I’ll snip more and use my Velcro ties. Smart smart.

I was able to get the cliffys in fine just using the slack in the wires and an adolescent to hold it steady. I’d say everyone should have an adolescent… but they shouldn’t.

The left and right edges of the scoop cliffy are ever so slightly raised. I haven’t had that with cliffys before—are they going to settle down or are they going to start crunching and crumpling up eventually? I mean they’re barely up, but they’re up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 11,000.00
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,298 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 566.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/270 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.