image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2652 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4454 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2642.gif

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 568.
#13401 2 years ago

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg

#13402 2 years ago

Ecw0930 Hang in there. Keep at it. You can do all things with the power of the forum to help you through it. You're not alone. You can do this!

#13403 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Ok.... About 2 weeks in owning this game in my basement. Pretty steady play but not on location style and we take care of our games.
I'm fairly concerned about the ability of this thing to hold up over time.
I've already addressed the spinning record once and a week later have to do it again. Ball stalled on it tonight again. So needs readjusted. Again.
It started auto launching again. After checking all connections and recalibrating. It was good for a few days.... Lastnight it was after about an hour or so. Tonight it was after a game or so.
I've had the pleasure of having an iron maiden premuum next to it for the last 5 days. This machine is SOLID. Every part of it is SOLID. It feels like a brick house compared to g'n'r. Every part of it is solid.
How do we feel about the actual build quality of gnr in this community? I'm not talking playfield stuff (different discussion). I mean how it FEELS.... How is it going to hold up....
A little disconcerting having to open it up and adjust stuff every week....

Hang in there. Some games take more tweaking and dialing in than others. I’m surprised you’ve had good luck with IMDN PREM, that game is notorious for issues with the switch mechs. Deadpool was an ongoing ordeal of tweaking for me. Many games can be and GNR has been no exception, I spent the first couple of months tweaking and dialing in shots with it.

#13404 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hang in there. Some games take more tweaking and dialing in than others. I’m surprised you’ve had good luck with IMDN PREM, that game is notorious for issues with the switch mechs. Deadpool was an ongoing ordeal of tweaking for me. Many games can be and GNR has been no exception, I spent the first couple of months tweaking and dialing in shots with it.

Thank you for that. Seriously. You're right. I haven't truly even dialed it in yet. And I've never had such a new game before so yeah.... Makes sense. I just don't want to be redoing things (the record spinner) weekly. It's not like it's on route.

But, patience will be key here. Need a little paaaatience... (See what I did there) Thanks for the reminder.

Also, there was a weird "ball saved" and auto plunge going on on imdn for 2 games. At the time I thought it was the orb so I spread the leaf a little. It worked. Hasn't happened since. But.... I don't think that's why. . Other than that the game has been flawless and an absolute blast to rock on. My son is 10 and has really gotten to know the game. The mummy, zombie, planes, soldiers, war theme is what really gets him. He likes rock music. And he loves the ease of playing it. It really is a great game. And beautiful.

Sadly it has to go to the arcade tomorrow morning. . But I'm buddies with the owner soooo....

#13405 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Ecw0930 Hang in there. Keep at it. You can do all things with the power of the forum to help you through it. You're not alone. You can do this!

Preciate it guys!

I do really enjoy the tinkering on and improving the machine.

But I don't want it be FIXING things all the time.

#13406 2 years ago

How does one make the record not wobble like a teetor-totter?

The white nut was very loose again. Retightened. But, to me, there is too much wobble.

Ideas?

#13407 2 years ago

I just joined the club today with a LE. Happy to be here. Now I need to find out what the cool mods are!

#13408 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

How does one make the record not wobble like a teetor-totter?
The white nut was very loose again. Retightened. But, to me, there is too much wobble.
Ideas?

If the record is wobbling the shaft has likely come loose from the top.

Try pressing down on the center of the record firmly with your finger while rotating the shaft below to tighten it up. I had to pierce the record label and use a screwdriver to really get that thing screwed down.

#13409 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

But, patience will be key here. Need a little paaaatience... (See what I did there) ....

-- …… … lol and indeed Ecw

#13410 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a7fb0fa163879ef68873331eacb3b4e509d04cdb-1628762851-1800"};
//]]>

-- …… … … lol and indeed Ecw

Your the king of emojis Rolls

#13411 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Not my idea, but just documenting how I added this drum set to my machine.
Product links:
Red Drum Set Music Instrument Miniature Replica on Stand, Size 5 x 5 x 4 in. amazon.com link »
Polycarbonate Clear Plastic Sheet 12" X 18" X 0.0625" (1/16") Exact, Shatter Resistant, Easier to Cut, Bend, Mold than Plexiglass. VEX Robot, Hobby, DIY, Industrial, Craft. Plexiglas Glass Replacement amazon.com link »
Multipurpose Double Sided Mounting Tape - Washable Traceless Clear Adhesive Tape - Household & Industrial Gel Tape(9.85FT) amazon.com link »
Here's the product as it comes:
[quoted image]
The bottom can be easily removed to expose nuts.
[quoted image]
Take them all out with a 5/32" socket to remove all of the drum parts topside.
Cut plexiglass to size to fit into the recess. You'll be drilling holes through it using the wood base as a template.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Start attaching parts, referencing original photo for placement.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Place on pop bumpers using double stacked alien tape to avoid screw thread interference with the pop bumper plastics.
[quoted image]
I oriented the set towards the player, but you could orient it other ways based on your preference.

Great job , good to know no need for super glue .
As atg said , smart move using the board as a template .

#13412 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Preciate it guys!
I do really enjoy the tinkering on and improving the machine.
But I don't want it be FIXING things all the time.

I hear you. It seems I have to adjust the scoop hood every so often to keep it firing at the middle of the left flipper. Also feel like I’m constantly adjusting the left and right ball guides at the orbits so the ball doesn’t come around and hit the slings.

The latest tweak I’m trying to figure out is the ball coming off the plunge has all of a sudden started hitting the top of the right slingshot. It bounces fine over to the left flipper but only 50% of the time does it travel past the right sling down to my right flipper. I haven’t played with pitch or moved the machine so something needs tweaking, just haven’t figured it out yet. Gnr has been pretty needy.

#13413 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I hear you. It seems I have to adjust the scoop hood every so often to keep it firing at the middle of the left flipper. Also feel like I’m constantly adjusting the left and right ball guides at the orbits so the ball doesn’t come around and hit the slings.
The latest tweak I’m trying to figure out is the ball coming off the plunge has all of a sudden started hitting the top of the right slingshot. It bounces fine over to the left flipper but only 50% of the time does it travel past the right sling down to my right flipper. I haven’t played with pitch or moved the machine so something needs tweaking, just haven’t figured it out yet. Gnr has been pretty needy.

All of these are issues on mine as well. I adjust the left orbit slightly lastnight (bent the metal a wee bit) but have not played it yet to see how it is.

The right orbit seems to be fine and land right down on the flipper.

The plunge is very iffy. It's a crapshoot. Never sdtm, but usually not a ball you can do something with initially. Wish it was more.... Consistent.

#13414 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If the record is wobbling the shaft has likely come loose from the top.
Try pressing down on the center of the record firmly with your finger while rotating the shaft below to tighten it up. I had to pierce the record label and use a screwdriver to really get that thing screwed down.

Ok cool. I will try that bc the wobble is too much for my liking.

I read you can order new stickers too from jjp. Id like all of them actually hahaha. Mine is the spaghetti incident and that one sucks hahahah

#13415 2 years ago

Trying to find details on scoop adjustment to stop sdtm.

Any advice? Thanks

#13416 2 years ago

Does anyone have advice on "must-have" mods?

#13417 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Any advice? Thanks

Thought it would be a key post .
Think I read the upper playfield had to come off to adjust?

#13418 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Pinwoofer seems to be the big one. All the crazy expensive Lior stuff. Pinstadiums. Adding CE lighting to your LE.

I would love if someone did skeleton Slash and Duff figures that matched bony Axl but that’s probably wishful thinking. Oh and maybe something for the lockbar button in the “somewhat less than Lior” price range lol.

#13419 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thought it would be a key post .
Think I read the upper playfield had to come off to adjust?

There are 2 screws behind the scoop hood… they’re under the plastic and the metal piece under the lock, and yeah you’ll absolutely need to remove the upper PF to access them.

#13420 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Mezel mods Full lighting for the translite is a nice upgrade.

#13421 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

There are 2 screws behind the scoop hood… they’re under the plastic and the metal piece under the lock, and yeah you’ll absolutely need to remove the upper PF to access them.

Thanks

#13422 2 years ago

You know looking at it now, you might be able to work a Phillips screwdriver down there. Be careful of the edge of the upper PF tho.

86FA111E-7F57-4A91-888D-D5B4C4A577BA (resized).jpeg86FA111E-7F57-4A91-888D-D5B4C4A577BA (resized).jpeg

#13423 2 years ago

Amazing show last night in Fargo!

20210811_211707 (resized).jpg20210811_211707 (resized).jpg20210811_222536 (resized).jpg20210811_222536 (resized).jpg
#13424 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Aside from what's mentioned in the bulletproofing your NIB in the key posts with the washers..

Two...

Pinwoofer
Pinmonks Tbreeze fans.

After that it's just customizing.

So tell us...(or me)
Did you order direct or from a distributor?
What was your order date?
Which number pin did you get?
What was the born on build date on the back?

Congrats!

#13425 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I did this and although subtle it had a nice impact. Even my kids noticed the fully lit translight and then asked why it was not always like that from day one. I went with the warm LEDs.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13426 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Pinwoofer seems to be the big one. All the crazy expensive Lior stuff. Pinstadiums. Adding CE lighting to your LE.
I would love if someone did skeleton Slash and Duff figures that matched bony Axl but that’s probably wishful thinking. Oh and maybe something for the lockbar button in the “somewhat less than Lior” price range lol.

I had this Slash made by a local artist. Not the skull face but added some skulls at the base to try and match Axl.

9AAA551B-1952-47BB-BB0E-4A49BF455851 (resized).png9AAA551B-1952-47BB-BB0E-4A49BF455851 (resized).png
#13427 2 years ago

Waited 10 months for my machine and 2 years for the concert. Amazingly, the game arrived Tuesday just in time for the Wednesday concert. Still a great live show that exceeded expectations!

A398105F-2583-4A3B-B0C3-F6B0E99B0B49 (resized).jpegA398105F-2583-4A3B-B0C3-F6B0E99B0B49 (resized).jpegCB5269D0-9A07-404A-866A-A854934D275F (resized).jpegCB5269D0-9A07-404A-866A-A854934D275F (resized).jpeg8CF0AA16-A1B3-42AD-9A7E-23494F06540A (resized).jpeg8CF0AA16-A1B3-42AD-9A7E-23494F06540A (resized).jpeg6F5D0CB8-CDF4-4C44-93A0-660E80DDF74F (resized).jpeg6F5D0CB8-CDF4-4C44-93A0-660E80DDF74F (resized).jpeg4BF5D35E-04C8-4B90-8298-3077EA988D23 (resized).jpeg4BF5D35E-04C8-4B90-8298-3077EA988D23 (resized).jpeg
#13428 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It does settle down over time, but all my NIB JJPs needed some tweaking for the first few weeks. I give Stern a lot of credit here, their machines are robust and stable pretty much OOTB.
For me fixing things is part of the hobby so it doesn't bother me. But it does get better as you get it dialed in.

I have over 20 games, most of them Sterns, and two routed. I also have multiple 1990s Bally Williams games as well. My two cents - Stern pros are the most robust and hold up the best in a routed location. They are more simple and built to take a beating. However, for my home collection I prefer premiums. My Batman 66 has close to 6000 plays on it and still works great. I have had Bally Williams games on route and they are good but not as robust as the stern pros.

As far as jjp, the games are amazing and beautiful and I am always in awe of anyone that would route one of them. Fortunately, people do and I get to enjoy them before I decide to buy them. That was the case with gnr. I would recommend reading the forums where you can really get a lot of information and then digest what you want and use what you want. For example, with gnr, the playfield issues are real, but it depends how far you want to go to fix it. There are also a lot of really cool mods out there as well. The game is awesome and you will definitely enjoy it. GNR was not on my radar at all until I got to see one and play one. Now I am a happy owner.

I would also mention that any game requires tweaking. I guess it depends on how OCD you are but most of us are. I have an Avengers Infinity quest that was basically a nightmare out of the box but now that it is adjusted it is a great game.

So, whatever you get, plan on tweaking it and modding it however you want and really enjoying it. Someday you will probably part with it but that is okay. Cheers!

#13429 2 years ago
Quoted from TheRealTO:

Waited 10 months for my machine and 2 years for the concert. Amazingly, the game arrived Tuesday just in time for the Wednesday concert. Still a great live show that exceeded expectations!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Most awesome. Congrats!!

#13430 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Thanks for the mention. That’s actually ours, people confuse us with them all the time. They are one of our resellers.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-full-translight-kit

#13431 2 years ago

For those wondering…and I ordered direct from JJP.

F0331368-52CE-4591-B935-AB99632D7BC4 (resized).jpegF0331368-52CE-4591-B935-AB99632D7BC4 (resized).jpeg
#13432 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

For those wondering…and I ordered direct from JJP.
[quoted image]

That’s crazy. They’ll never get to multiple games a year unless they release a stinker, or are able to speed up the builds.

#13434 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

That’s crazy. They’ll never get to multiple games a year unless they release a stinker, or are able to speed up the builds.

They supposedly have a small line in addition to the main one. If they can grow that into a full line and double their output to ~100/wk, that will help a lot. Of course this is assuming full parts availability, which is by no means a given in the COVID era.

#13435 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Any advice? Thanks

Nut driver will work better than a Phillips to loosen and retighten the screws to adjust the scoop. I did not need to remove the upper playfield

#13436 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I had this Slash made by a local artist. Not the skull face but added some skulls at the base to try and match Axl.
[quoted image]

Ive been wanting exactly something like this! And put it in exactly that location on my SE.

Can I get one?

#13437 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

If you don't have a CE:

JJP GnR Blades (resized).jpgJJP GnR Blades (resized).jpg

#13438 2 years ago

I'd go with any other option that doesn't support JJP.

#13439 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I don't really do cosmetic mods, just gameplay/reliability mods for the most part.
This game does have a few must-haves IMO:

1. The "invisiwall" mod to fix left plastic drains (which PinMonk is getting ready to sell; I made one from wall corner protector)
2. The plastic skirt addon cybevenom came up with to stop the stucky ball at the pops. Come see me and I'll give you one.
3. The fan kit by PinMonk which dramatically improves the flipper performance
4. Cliffy for the scoop, replacing the stock protector.

And stuff to keep on hand for a rainy day:

- Cliffy CF rings in case anything starts to chip
- EMAX ES2054 servos so you can repair the spotlights, if they crap out

#13440 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I love:
- Black mirror blades
- coloured (fluorescence) plastic protectors
IMG_3912 (resized).jpgIMG_3912 (resized).jpg
- Stage Kit https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mod-jjp-guns-n-roses-le-ce-ultimate-stage-upgrade-kit#post-6438548
Stage Kit0 (resized).jpgStage Kit0 (resized).jpg

#13441 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks for the mention. That’s actually ours, people confuse us with them all the time. They are one of our resellers.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/guns-n-roses-pinball-full-translight-kit

Thanks ,I was confused about that.

#13442 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Nut driver will work better than a Phillips to loosen and retighten the screws to adjust the scoop. I did not need to remove the upper playfield

Magnetized nut driver!

#13443 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Good to hear. Thanks!!

#13444 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hey man this an owners thread there are a hundred threads right now on Pinside to bash JJP!

#13445 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey man this an owners thread there are a hundred threads right now on Pinside to bash JJP!

Hey man, i'm an owner.

The question was asked and i gave my answer, it's not about bashing anyone, it's about not supporting a company that doesn't look after their customers.

#13446 2 years ago

1744 finally made it into the house last night! Picked it up along with Mando Premium. It was a 9 hour drive round trip, but I still could not wait to set them up last night.

Pins (resized).jpgPins (resized).jpg
#13447 2 years ago

Nice trio. I like Deadpool better than Avengers, but haven't played the Mandalorian.

#13448 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Nice trio. I like Deadpool better than Avengers, but haven't played the Mandalorian.

Thanks! I went back and forth on DP vs AIQ and I just have more fun with AIQ, and I like the "Battle Royale" mode when I have friends over... to each their own.

#13449 2 years ago

Sure, i've only played a couple games, but it seemed like every time i hit the ball somewhere it went up a ramp, not that that's a bad thing.

#13450 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm looking forward to adding those JJP art blades to my LE as soon as they arive!

FWIW (for anyone interested in avoiding JJP products): I just listed the brand new (unopened) GnR art blades, I purchased from Tilt Graphics and previously intended to install, on the Pinside market at a discount.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/119178
Tilt Graphics GnR Blades (resized).jpgTilt Graphics GnR Blades (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

Update: SOLD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar Rapids, IA
$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,385 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/269?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.