IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 567.
#13301 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's why I start with the easy fixes and work up from there. Glad it worked out for your machine.

Where is the eject speed to lower in the menu?

#13302 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That looks great. What kind of media did you use? Laser jet?
Also what did you use to affix the drums to the pops?

Ink jet printer on standard paper, with super glue applied via a brush.

Clear Gorilla double sided tape.

#13303 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Where is the eject speed to lower in the menu?

On the system menu:

SETTINGS -> COIL SETTINGS -> CENTER SCOOP

I forgot JJP is <100 numbers, unlike Stern which goes to 255, so you want to adjust 1-2 at a time until you get it right because each JJP single adjustment number = 8 Stern numbers.

#13304 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Ink jet printer on standard paper, with super glue applied via a brush.
Clear Gorilla double sided tape.

*print on gloss paper, cut roughly down after print
*mylar that
*add 3M 467MP backing
*cut to fit
*peel and stick

Same process for replacing drop target stickers.

#13305 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

print on gloss paper, cut roughly down after print
mylar that
add 3M 467MP backing
cut to fit
Same process for replacing drop targets.

That would be best, but I just went with what I had on hand.

#13306 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On the system menu:
I forgot JJP is <100 numbers, unlike Stern which goes to 255, so you want to adjust 1-2 at a time until you get it right because each JJP single adjustment number = 8 Stern numbers.

Thank you!

#13307 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

After 10 long months. GNR finally arrived.
[quoted image]

Great to see an Eric Meunier Collection. One day i will get myself an JJP POTC as well. Just hope the prices will go down a bit some day.

#13308 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

Just hope the prices will go down a bit some day.

#13309 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On the system menu:

Lowering eject power didnā€™t help. I actually boosted it from 18 to 24 and it worked. Thanks again.

#13310 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Great find .
I couldn't decide , but I ended up going with a red set .
The detail on them is full on .
And they're so cheap , ( compared to what's "officially" available ) it doesnt matter if you decide you don't like them .
Did you just super glue them to the plexi .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Edit , I saw you say , you basically use fishing line , I'll try super glue

Love the look of these red drums.
I do think I would take off the mic because it is way out of scale for the drum set.
Who uses a mic that is as large as a bass drum? lol.

#13311 2 years ago

Is Encore good or bad? Should I be trying to collect the jackpot before it gets to that? I am a bit confused.

I made it through 3 songs to encore in my last game but not sure if that was good or bad and if I missed out on the song jackpots?

#13312 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Is Encore good or bad? Should I be trying to collect the jackpot before it gets to that? I am a bit confused.
I made it through 3 songs to encore in my last game but not sure if that was good or bad and if I missed out on the song jackpots?

Encore is good. It starts the next song. Applause jackpot is worth more than cashing out your jackpot, so ideally increase your jackpot until the end of the song and collect applause jackpot. At that point if your rock meter is full it will start the encore.

#13313 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Encore is good. It starts the next song. Applause jackpot is worth more than cashing out your jackpot, so ideally increase your jackpot until the end of the song and collect applause jackpot. At that point if your rock meter is full it will start the encore.

Awesome thanks! I thought I was leaving millions of points of points on the table!

#13314 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Oh wait. think I misunderstood. So I didnā€™t get the applause jackpot and it went to encoreā€¦shut down flippers and i had to relaunch. I assume I am missing out by not getting the applause jackpot?

#13315 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Oh wait. think I misunderstood. So I didnā€™t get the applause jackpot and it went to encoreā€¦shut down flippers and i had to relaunch. I assume I am missing out by not getting the applause jackpot?

Applause jackpot collects the song jackpot value. So if you miss that, youā€™re out of luck.

Encore is based on the skull rock meter on the right of display. If itā€™s maxed and rocking out with flames youā€™ll get to go into an encore song whether you collect applause or not.

Itā€™s risk/reward. I played 3 songs in a row once from encore but didnā€™t collect a single applause jackpot so my score was very very low. Yes, you can cash out early as itā€™s the safe bet, but you lose out on points.

All in all the game is situational; the reward for continuing to go for encoreā€™s is points. The reward for cashing out early can be extra balls, progression towards wizard mode, play some more of the side objectives, or rebuild your song level more adequately.

#13316 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Interesting post Ecw0930 !
If you want to put smaller, forward facing speakers and keep the factory speaker panel in play, you're pretty limited because of the height of the rectangular openings. A 2-1/2" might work but you'll need to enclose them with a new sub-panel so they are not running open-air. Keep in mind (as you probably know) that a smaller speaker will yield less low-mid range content (i.e. less high-bass content) because of its smaller diameter. Awhile back we viewed improving the factory speaker panel mid drivers as a dead-end and concluded that the poly drivers in the JJP backbox are of excellent quality - I'm quite satisfied with where thing have ended up for the PinWoofer system because of the other things we've done to work within the existing topology.
You might add a high quality sound bar but be cautious - even some of the "better" sound bars out there are complete garbage. Some are meant for home theater and are mono (i.e. not stereo). Some are quite expensive. Some guys have done just this (and made a custom mounting solution) but you might need to add either an amp or a pre-amp, and you'll need to route power, etc. There are a lot of ways a sound bar project can get complicated and expensive, and there is a risk that it will not really pay off in terms of better audio.
Best wishes!!!

Ah yes! I went and checked it out inside the box. The speakers look hefty with nice big magnets and they were bigger than I thought they would be.

Then I noticed the screens were much smaller than the speaker. So like you said, it would be a drastically smaller speaker and you would lose the mid range in the process.

I thought about maybe angling the existing speakers towards the front at maybe 45Ā° but then the bracket would be a little bit more difficult.

So I can kind of see why nobody has done this. Especially when you can just buy pinwoofer!

#13317 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Applause jackpot collects the song jackpot value. So if you miss that, youā€™re out of luck.
Encore is based on the skull rock meter on the right of display. If itā€™s maxed and rocking out with flames youā€™ll get to go into an encore song whether you collect applause or not.
Itā€™s risk/reward. I played 3 songs in a row once from encore but didnā€™t collect a single applause jackpot so my score was very very low. Yes, you can cash out early as itā€™s the safe bet, but you lose out on points.
All in all the game is situational; the reward for continuing to go for encoreā€™s is points. The reward for cashing out early can be extra balls, progression towards wizard mode, play some more of the side objectives, or rebuild your song level more adequately.

Thanks for the extra info! I had a feeling I blew it, I just wasnā€™t aware of the applause jackpot. I missed out on a LOT! Lesson learned. Lol

#13318 2 years ago

So Iā€™m still having issues with the scoop not registering the ball half the time. I think itā€™s the cliffy causing the issue. Has anybody else dealt with this and can I simply adjust switch up higher, or do something else with the cliffy?

#13319 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So Iā€™m still having issues with the scoop not registering the ball half the time. I think itā€™s the cliffy causing the issue. Has anybody else dealt with this and can I simply adjust switch up higher, or do something else with the cliffy?

I don't think it's the Cliffy, especially if you removed the metal ring that was in there from the OEM protector.

The scoop detects the ball via a microswitch with an arm and a roller on the end. What I'd suggest:

- Go into switch test
- Press the arm down manually and see if it fires reliably, or is perhaps requiring too much "depth" to trigger (more than a ball would provide.)

The microswitch mounting may have a screw to adjust the angle of the switch body and aim the arm higher up to make it more sensitive.

#13320 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't think it's the Cliffy, especially if you removed the metal ring that was in there from the OEM protector.
The scoop detects the ball via a microswitch with an arm and a roller on the end. What I'd suggest:
- Go into switch test
- Press the arm down manually and see if it fires reliably, or is perhaps requiring too much "depth" to trigger (more than a ball would provide.)
The microswitch mounting may have a screw to adjust the angle of the switch body and aim the arm higher up to make it more sensitive.

Thatā€™s what I was wondering if the switch arm can adjust higher. Iā€™ve fiddled with it all before and everything worked Greyson test mode with a ball, but now itā€™s acting up again. One guy mentioned before he thought the cliffy wasnā€™t letting the ball make perfect contact sometimes. Itā€™s just odd that itā€™s so unpredictable and works sometimes and not others. Iā€™ll look into the switch again and see if I can adjust it any higher. Thanks

#13321 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Lowering eject power didnā€™t help. I actually boosted it from 18 to 24 and it worked. Thanks again.

Yeah, it can require plus or minus from where it ships. Glad you found the sweet spot!

#13322 2 years ago

My tech had to replace my scoop switch and modify the arm on the replacement. It would stop working, then start working by itself a couple days later only to stop again a few games later. It's been trouble free since replacement.

#13323 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thatā€™s what I was wondering if the switch arm can adjust higher. Iā€™ve fiddled with it all before and everything worked Greyson test mode with a ball, but now itā€™s acting up again. One guy mentioned before he thought the cliffy wasnā€™t letting the ball make perfect contact sometimes. Itā€™s just odd that itā€™s so unpredictable and works sometimes and not others. Iā€™ll look into the switch again and see if I can adjust it any higher. Thanks

The Cliffy is around the rim of the playfield hole though, and the microswitch arm is in the bottom of the saucer. I don't see how they could conflict.

#13324 2 years ago

I have to give a plug for @PinMonk's revised Tibetan Breeze fans for GNR! I installed the new version tonight (it mounts to the flipper body rather than the coil stop) and man...I've missed having them. On my machine, flipper fade begins once you're into your first song multiball and it only gets worse from there.

These things are very worth it and the flippers remain consistent game after game. Most of you know I'm not much of a modder but I consider this one a must have.

#13325 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The Cliffy is around the rim of the playfield hole though, and the microswitch arm is in the bottom of the saucer. I don't see how they could conflict.

The cliffy wraps down towards the front of the scoop hole. It does look like it could potentially hold the ball up a bit, but I donā€™t think itā€™s the cliffy per the other Pinside. Iā€™m thinking the switch needs bent up, or if there is a screw that would adjust it higher for better ball contact. Again, test mode was perfect and I tested it probably 20+ times

#13326 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have to give a plug for PinMonk's revised Tibetan Breeze fans for GNR! I installed the new version tonight (it mounts to the flipper body rather than the coil stop) and man...I've missed having them. On my machine, flipper fade begins once you're into your first song multiball and it only gets worse from there.
These things are very worth it and the flippers remain consistent game after game. Most of you know I'm not much of a modder but I consider this one a must have.

Are these revised and new new versions or just the same GnR fans he always had since release?

#13327 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Are these revised and new new versions or just the same GnR fans he always had since release?

Same as everyone had that bought them once I redesigned them. ZaphX got the V1 sets that weren't released except to testers. He hadn't seen the more reliable V2 ones I actually ended up going with until now.

I appreciate his endorsement, btw. He's seen quite a bit of the progression of the development process to get to the ones I sell now, and he plays the crap out of his GnR, so he knows about JJP fade.

#13328 2 years ago

Has anybody gotten their guns n roses SE legs & lockdown bar powder coated ? Im looking into changing the boring black but not sure what color would look good. That purple in the CE is bad ass. But not sure how itā€™ll look with the side art. If anybody has re-coated theirs can you post pictures so i can see how they look. Thanks in advance.

#13329 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Well, here are some pics of my powder coating, game is not totally back together yet, just put all the cliffys on, I did the habit trails too because the factory chrome looked like absolute garbage.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have a look at this post

#13330 2 years ago

My cliffy didnā€™t sit flush with the inside front edge (closest to player) of the scoop. This prevented the ball from sitting all the way in the bottom of the scoop consistently which prevents the switch from being fully engaged. I removed the cliffy and bent that edge closer to 90 degrees so it was flush with the wood and this fixed the problem. I couldnā€™t bend it enough while installed, it had to come out for adjustment. So first thing to check is if the ball is fully bottoming out on even light rolls, if it does 100% of the time Iā€™d move to the switch.

Quoted from konghusker:

#13331 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is there a setting to completely remove the song "This I Love" and never speak of it again?
WTF were they thinking adding that song instead of ANYTHING else?
It was literally the first song played on the first game I played. My wife came downstairs to check out the game and was like, "what the hell is this crap?" I had to agree and said it must be a song from Chinese Democracy. Not a good first impression at all.

Did you find a way to remove that song?? I hate it also

#13332 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead007:

Did you find a way to remove that song?? I hate it also

That's funny because I love the guitar solo in "This I love." I absolutely cannot stand "My Michelle" and the song grades on me terribly. It never, ever gets selected or played. lol

#13333 2 years ago

Had same issue with cliffs, had to remove bend flat and re install. Itā€™s not the switch

#13334 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Thanks for the extra info! I had a feeling I blew it, I just wasnā€™t aware of the applause jackpot. I missed out on a LOT! Lesson learned. Lol

Donā€™t feel bad, Iā€™ve played over 100 games and didnā€™t realize this. Took my high score from ~25m to ~80m last night after reading it. The applause jackpot must not stay lit for long. I canā€™t believe I hadnā€™t even accidentally gotten it before.

#13335 2 years ago

Regarding beta code, do you have to sign up for the JJP beta program to download beta code or is there just a toggle in the game menu to download beta code over WiFi?

#13336 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Regarding beta code, do you have to sign up for the JJP beta program to download beta code or is there just a toggle in the game menu to download beta code over WiFi?

Toggle on the game will present you with a beta agreement to join the beta program. You accept the agreement by hitting start. After that, the game will look to the beta channel for updates -- you will just update to the beta code from the same wifi update mechanism as before.

You can also see the JJP beta post for how to join the beta chat, if you're so inclined: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program

#13337 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most posts say left. (I don't have my GnR yet to verify)

Lower middle of the left is my experience and what I seem to see on stream. It should be dead pass-able.

I had to adjust mine cause it was shooting towards the middle and you had to flip or drain.

#13338 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

After you play a song, you can disable the Mode by pressing the Action button, Iā€™ll do that sometimes after I choose a song from "Use Your Illusion 1" to avoid Desert Demolition.
The one that I enjoy all the time is Shall We Play a Game Modeā€¦ 100% love that one
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"31b58762c6fac657bef6b28faf3a15d9a95b68d5-1628607393-1800"};
//]]>

This is a game changerā€¦ā€¦.I had no idea!!

#13339 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

i tried it. you have to HOLD it in for a few seconds, but it does indeed work! I smiled.

#13340 2 years ago
Quoted from MutterFudder:

Toggle on the game will present you with a beta agreement to join the beta program. You accept the agreement by hitting start. After that, the game will look to the beta channel for updates -- you will just update to the beta code from the same wifi update mechanism as before.
You can also see the JJP beta post for how to join the beta chat, if you're so inclined: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program

Thank you! That was easy to do

20210810_121035 (resized).jpg20210810_121035 (resized).jpg

#13341 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Quoted from Ecw0930:

i tried it. you have to HOLD it in for a few seconds, but it does indeed work! I smiled.

ā€¦ I donā€™t remember who was the one who wrote us that option a few days back here in our thread. Iā€™m just sharing the happiness that I got when I learned that here

So, I just want to say "Thanks again!" to the one that posted that!

#13342 2 years ago

oops deleted

#13343 2 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

If it's not the cliffy, try this as I was getting issues out the box.
I fixed my one easily enough:-

https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/new-jjp-pin-jjp-gnr-pinball.47434/page-81#post-413096

#13344 2 years ago

Has anyone found a solid solution for keeping the ball from getting stuck in the pop bumpers? I've been trying to find the posts outlining this potential fix, but I can not track them down.

#13345 2 years ago

I just used a couple of triangle shaped pieces of mylar, pretty much invisible, and if it does comne to rest there a nudge will get it out. Search my posts and there is a picture of it.

#13346 2 years ago

I noticed some micro power-cut on the left flipper during some games. When I tried to diagnose in the test menu all was fine.
Is anyone else experiencing the same behavior ?

#13347 2 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I noticed some micro power-cut on the left flipper during some games. When I tried to diagnose in the test menu all was fine.
Is anyone else experiencing the same behavior ?

Check your flipper switch contacts. Probably not solid and barely losing contact intermittently.

#13348 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same as everyone had that bought them once I redesigned them. ZaphX got the V1 sets that weren't released except to testers. He hadn't seen the more reliable V2 ones I actually ended up going with until now.
I appreciate his endorsement, btw. He's seen quite a bit of the progression of the development process to get to the ones I sell now, and he plays the crap out of his GnR, so he knows about JJP fade.

Where can we find info on these and maybe a simple instruction (to see if it is over my head/capability). Lol

#13349 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

Where can we find info on these and maybe a simple instruction (to see if it is over my head/capability). Lol

The installation instructions are very easy, and step-by-step with illustrations (see lowered res example from front page of instructions below). The kits are available on pinmonk.com and here in my pinside store, too.

pinmonk.com:
https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-jjp-pin-3-flipper-cooling-kit

pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/05152-tibetan-breeze-jjp-guns-n-roses-3-flipper-cooling-kit

The v2 brackets look different from the ones in the product photos since they mount from the side now. I haven't had time to re-photograph them. They look like the illustrations in the instructions now.
Cooling-Kit-JJP version 1.5 3 Flippers-6-panel- NEW-sml (resized).jpgCooling-Kit-JJP version 1.5 3 Flippers-6-panel- NEW-sml (resized).jpg

#13350 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

If it's not the cliffy, try this as I was getting issues out the box.
I fixed my one easily enough:-
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/new-jjp-pin-jjp-gnr-pinball.47434/page-81#post-413096

Perfect. Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 267 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/267 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.