IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 567.
#13251 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shooter lane switch stuck down, or dragging in the slot in the playfield it goes up and down in ?
Tests - Switches - Matrixed - roll a ball on it, does it close, does it stay closed ? May need adjusting.
LTG : )

Thanks! I'll run a test this afternoon/evening and see what's up.

#13252 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

What's up with this Desert Demo mode? It's pretty boring on mine and I think I have the latest code. Other than the new beta I think I'm up to date.
This mode does like... Nothing. I actually got through the thing the other day and I don't think it scored or anything. It was just.. nothing...
So what's up with it?

The non-beta software for that mode is basically just a placeholder. The beta has some code that makes it engaging. As I said you use the action button as a "turbo" in a race, then have to make a shot to take out a band member. I have only played a few times but I think it gets harder as you go, with having to balance pressing the turbo button and making a shot to take out a band member harder.

FWIW I like it better than the robot vs monster fight (which I find perplexing that you make a shot, then you have to make the same shot another 2 times before time runs out?). Seems like there would be way to make that better, e.g. encouraging combos, having the inner loop shot (which is the hardest shot on my game) do more damage, whatever.

#13253 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

The non-beta software for that mode is basically just a placeholder. The beta has some code that makes it engaging. As I said you use the action button as a "turbo" in a race, then have to make a shot to take out a band member. I have only played a few times but I think it gets harder as you go, with having to balance pressing the turbo button and making a shot to take out a band member harder.
FWIW I like it better than the robot vs monster fight (which I find perplexing that you make a shot, then you have to make the same shot another 2 times before time runs out?). Seems like there would be way to make that better, e.g. encouraging combos, having the inner loop shot (which is the hardest shot on my game) do more damage, whatever.

Well I hope the demo mode gets coded bc that sounds like fun. The dirty robot is annoying. I hate getting stuck in that mode. Im with you. It's a cool idea, but making the shots repeat like that is annoying to me (bc I'm not that good lol).

#13254 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Anyone with PinStadiums and Xeno mounts and the speakers from Lior: the speaker in the top right will not fit, but we found a good alternative spot for it. It slightly jiggles when the shaker goes off but it works great and looks great.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, I’m totally doing this!

#13255 2 years ago

Cayenne

Quoted from Cayenne:

drum set (not for sale, but you can do your own 3D print by the great agima2000 here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4919966) [quoted image]

Looks good. Do you have a link to print out the GnR sticker for the large drum?

#13256 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Great question.. I'm going to have to tackle this eventually myself... Did a bit of poking around.

Google image search for "guns n roses drumset not in this lifetime"

That drum kit pic I found showing color scheme
https://metalsludge.tv/guns-n-roses-tweets-not-in-this-lifetime-with-drum-kit-photo/

Also you Google image search for
"high resolution guns n roses logo"

Lots of formats and versions you can play with to get right size/scale. Print Media is another topic.

#13257 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shooter lane switch stuck down, or dragging in the slot in the playfield it goes up and down in ?
Tests - Switches - Matrixed - roll a ball on it, does it close, does it stay closed ? May need adjusting.

So this was the only thing I could find. The shooter lane switch was fine. Not stuck and registering.

But I turned it off and it recalibrated and this went away. Ive noticed the skill shot wasn't always great too.

Do I have to reset the game every time this happens?

20210808_175331 (resized).jpg20210808_175331 (resized).jpg
#13258 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I just added a whole drumset to the pops, integrating the existing two parts. Looks fantastic. Is made with metal and the surfaces are mirrored. Put everything on a transparent plexiglass and fixed it with the screws from the bumper plastics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’m digging this! Can I ask, what did you use to adhere the drum kit to the plastic pieces?

#13259 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Play a few games, might clear on it's own. Or try calibrating them to see if it lasts. One time only I wouldn't worry about it.

#13260 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Cayenne

you can use this and scale it
https://1000logos.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Guns_n_roses_logo_PNG1.png

#13261 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Anybody up for some gameplay discussion?
I have had the game for enough time to form some impressions and make some software tweaks.
I found I could keep rolling and rolling as extra balls seemed plentiful. At one point I had 5-6 balls in reserve. I basically turned extra balls off on my game. Getting the opportunity to earn an EB through the lanes, AND by cashing out the song just seems bonkers for home use. There should be some balancing there.
I also turned down the max ball save time on songs to 30 seconds (from the default 60). That was a big improvement IMO. It makes it harder to just punt balls and go for a 6 ball power chord JP as well. Less absolute chaos in multiball, and more time spent making shots and trying to get that add-a-ball in the scoop.
Speaking of add-a-ball, I set the limit there to be 5 arbitrarily. That is the change I am least certain of so far.
And something I have mixed feelings on are the patches. I don't mind the complexity they bring. I can just see them grinding any sort of competitive game to a halt. I am not sure what the best call is there, e.g. just give them out randomly, in some sort of order or ?
A personal quirk is I spend so much time collecting patches via the left ramp that almost every time I start a song it is from one of the two albums on that ramp (and more often than not Chinese Democracy).
What does the game do well as-is? The "pre-song" and "song" split of the game is interesting. Feels like you are getting set up for a show, then you have to perform. I like pushing my luck for a mega song JP, and love to hate the feeling of draining towards the end of a song because I was too greedy.
I look forward to wacthing the software keeps progressing, there is already a lot of ability to tweak the difficulties down to different song mode settings. The Desert Demolition mode seems fun so far in its Beta stage, balancing using your boost and making a shot to take out another driver (band member).
Anyways, that is enough typing for now, does anybody want to talk about gameplay vs. just mods and playfield issues?

Patches: make sure you can’t backhand the left ramp and patch collecting becomes much harder. if you can get a booster mb going then lock 6 balls, you can exploit patches. But that’s rare. Sometimes I can get a bunch, sometimes I die trying.

Extra Balls: it progressively gets harder to light the eb through songs.you sacrifice jackpot and song level build to cash out and light eb. All in all the EBs can be excessive, but The way album modes and slash solo is programmed, you need those extra balls to progress.

I decreased my max ball song save to 45 secs. I do wish there was a more creative way to program the ball saver. Like mike it a short ball saver but ways to trigger it throughout the song, i.e. every 2nd or3rd level boost.

I think this game gets a bad wrap on flow and shot satisfaction. Perhaps it comes down to setup, but I find both ramps (especially hitting targets off the ramps) and the loops extremely satisfying. But, my favorite shot lately is the center spinner > through the pops > up the whizzly do to the top lanes > and then collecting the extra ball.

Thirst for carnage needs some more creativity built into it.

Desert demolition is complete waste as is.

Wall and Chinese democracy modes are perfect.

Slash solo needs a dangling carrot for completing or much bigger payoffs. It should only be allowed once per game too.

#13262 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Patches: make sure you can’t backhand the left ramp and patch collecting becomes much harder. if you can get a booster mb going then lock 6 balls, you can exploit patches. But that’s rare. Sometimes I can get a bunch, sometimes I die trying.
Extra Balls: it progressively gets harder to light the eb through songs.you sacrifice jackpot and song level build to cash out and light eb. All in all the EBs can be excessive, but The way album modes and slash solo is programmed, you need those extra balls to progress.
I decreased my max ball song save to 45 secs. I do wish there was a more creative way to program the ball saver. Like mike it a short ball saver but ways to trigger it throughout the song, i.e. every 2nd or3rd level boost.
I think this game gets a bad wrap on flow and shot satisfaction. Perhaps it comes down to setup, but I find both ramps (especially hitting targets off the ramps) and the loops extremely satisfying. But, my favorite shot lately is the center spinner > through the pops > up the whizzly do to the top lanes > and then collecting the extra ball.
Thirst for carnage needs some more creativity built into it.
Desert demolition is complete waste as is.
Wall and Chinese democracy modes are perfect.
Slash solo needs a dangling carrot for completing or much bigger payoffs. It should only be allowed once per game too.

Great comments! Any ideas on making the left ramp less backhandable? I admit I keep trapping on the left flipper, making the ramp, rinse repeat...

I love the center spinner shot as well, mine dumps into the pops most of the time though (which is helpful to collect Frank (drums). So not sure if your games are set up differently there?

#13263 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Great comments! Any ideas on making the left ramp less backhandable? I admit I keep trapping on the left flipper, making the ramp, rinse repeat...
I love the center spinner shot as well, mine dumps into the pops most of the time though (which is helpful to collect Frank (drums). So not sure if your games are set up differently there?

Droop the flippers a tad so they’re parallel with the inlane guides.

For the center spinner, I loosened the JAM target, and moved it a hair to the left and retightened. Then, there’s an adjustable screw right at the entrance of the guide rail, loosen > put pressure on the center of the guide to slightly bend the exit more straight > retighten. Lastly, I’ve noticed that setting the pitch with the bubble just over the 2nd line helps a lot. In fact, you might want to start with pitch.

EDIT: all In all through the pops to the top lanes is fairly rare but those adjustments help.

#13264 2 years ago

I just ordered the official JJP topper for GNR LE. Has anyone received one these toppers yet or are they shipping in September?

https://pinballwizard.com/products/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-pinball-topper

#13265 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

So this was the only thing I could find. The shooter lane switch was fine. Not stuck and registering.
But I turned it off and it recalibrated and this went away. Ive noticed the skill shot wasn't always great too.
[quoted image]

In having same problem, switch #4 phantom hitting , causing auto launch..not all the time. Tech support told me to remove the board and clean the inserts as they had problems with residue being in there. I did all that, no changes. Called back , they won't cover under warranty, can repair board for $140 an hour, or buy new board for $150 I think they said. They were quite nice in helping with what to check for, and their 90 day warranty ...all thought garbage..we all knew how long it was. I haven't sent mine in yet..

#13266 2 years ago

Where is switch#18 Bumper Rubber ?

AE6EA96C-55CC-4125-A161-D10D3776ADD4 (resized).jpegAE6EA96C-55CC-4125-A161-D10D3776ADD4 (resized).jpeg
#13267 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Where is switch#18 Bumper Rubber ?[quoted image]

Next to the pyro target

#13268 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Where is switch#18 Bumper Rubber ?[quoted image]

Also FYI that you can press the start button on the screens to see a picture of the playfield. From there you should be able to see where each switch is located. That has been quite handy for me.

#13269 2 years ago

Curious about the camera / taking photos functionality / consistency of how it’s suppose to function. When I first got the game on day one it snapped a pic at the end of each game of the player briefly displayed a VIP pass / etc photo with Slash. Now I hear the photo snap but when a high score gets posted no photo is attached / no VIP pass photo etc. I’ve seen where it says hold flippers to turn off camera feature but I haven’t done that. A few days later it took one photo. What’s going on with the consistency of the functionality of the camera feature ?

#13270 2 years ago

Center scoop will not register.

#13271 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I just ordered the official JJP topper for GNR LE. Has anyone received one these toppers yet or are they shipping in September?
https://pinballwizard.com/products/guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-pinball-topper

shipping mid to late august.

#13272 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

The dirty robot is annoying. I hate getting stuck in that mode.

After you play a song, you can disable the Mode by pressing the Action button, I’ll do that sometimes after I choose a song from "Use Your Illusion 1" to avoid Desert Demolition.

The one that I enjoy all the time is Shall We Play a Game Mode… 100% love that one

#13273 2 years ago

Hey just got my game and the VUK sends the ball SDTM . How can I adjust this ? Thanks

#13274 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I’m digging this! Can I ask, what did you use to adhere the drum kit to the plastic pieces?

I drilled 2 holes into the plexi glas at the inner side of each leg of the drum. If you watch carefully you can see them in the picture. I used a thin nylon filament (0,25 mm or lower) and then first bend it at the leg and after that put each nylon string through a different hole and bend the 2 strings from the underside of the plastic. So needs some time to drill the holes and to bend the strings, but that is not complicated.

However, you should use a plastic that is flexible (I used 0.5 mm), because otherwise you cannot move the whole set at the top of the bumpers.

#13275 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Hey just got my game and the VUK sends the ball SDTM . How can I adjust this ? Thanks

Check your machine level left to right.

Try changing the eject speed in the menu (try a few different settings slower by 1s - it can also need to go higher instead).

Bending the guide a bit can help if that didn't work.

#13276 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Try changing the eject speed in the menu (try a few different settings slower by 10s).

Both those suggestions might work, but if you could be bothered, the best solution is to loosen the scoop metal screws and rotate a bit to the right. It’s a bit of a pain because you have to remove the upper pf, but mine is perfect since rotating a few degrees. If you’re pool proofing your game just do it at the same time.

7376AAC8-7C8A-4018-9F58-A569E88C041E (resized).jpeg7376AAC8-7C8A-4018-9F58-A569E88C041E (resized).jpeg

FYI….the back side of the 2 blue nub brackets were the only pooled areas on my game that had ZERO games on it. And given the amount of abuse those nub brackets get, I’ve no doubt they will chip at some stage. So it’s worth proofing those with Mylar and washers ASAP anyway. Kill 2 birds with the one stone.

The tips for removing the upper pf are in the key posts.

#13277 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Both those suggestions might work, but if you could be bothered, the best solution is to loosen the scoop metal screws and rotate a bit to the right. It’s a bit of a pain because you have to remove the upper pf, but mine is perfect since rotating a few degrees. If you’re pool proofing your game just do it at the same time.
[quoted image]
FYI….the back side of the 2 blue nub brackets were the only pooled areas on my game that had ZERO games on it. And given the amount of abuse those nub brackets get, I’ve no doubt they will chip at some stage. So it’s worth proofing those with Mylar and washers ASAP anyway. Kill 2 birds with the one stone.
The tips for removing the upper pf are in the key posts.

Yeah, that may be the ultimate solution, but I start with the easy stuff.

#13278 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that may be the ultimate solution, but I start with the easy stuff.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

#13279 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

After you play a song, you can disable the Mode by pressing the Action button, I’ll do that sometimes after I choose a song from "Use Your Illusion 1" to avoid Desert Demolition.
The one that I enjoy all the time is Shall We Play a Game Mode… 100% love that one

NICE! Learn something every day!

#13280 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I just added a whole drumset to the pops, integrating the existing two parts. Looks fantastic. Is made with metal and the surfaces are mirrored. Put everything on a transparent plexiglass and fixed it with the screws from the bumper plastics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great find .
I couldn't decide , but I ended up going with a red set .
The detail on them is full on .
And they're so cheap , ( compared to what's "officially" available ) it doesnt matter if you decide you don't like them .
Did you just super glue them to the plexi .
IMG_20210809_222228 (resized).jpgIMG_20210809_222228 (resized).jpgIMG_20210809_222145 (resized).jpgIMG_20210809_222145 (resized).jpgIMG_20210809_222206 (resized).jpgIMG_20210809_222206 (resized).jpg
Edit , I saw you say , you basically use fishing line , I'll try super glue

#13281 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Great find .
I couldn't decide , but I ended up going with a red set .
The detail on them is full on .
And they're so cheap , ( compared to what's "officially" available ) it doesnt matter if you decide you don't like them .
Did you just super glue them to the plexi .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Edit , I saw you say , you basically use fishing line , I'll try super glue

Looks fantastic as well. Difficult to decide. The details are the same, so either way should be great.

I did not use superglue, because I used a flexible 0.5 mm plastic sheet as base. Flexible, because you otherwise have difficulties putting it in, so you need to bend it a bit (only in the process of putting it on the bumpers). Second reason is that the shaker may rattle it and the connection between glue and plastic may then break the glue. Third, you have to consider that the glue has to carry the metal drums when you raise the playfield. Possibly it depends on the characteristics of the glue. I think it should not dry out completly and provide some flexibility/movement.

#13282 2 years ago

After 10 long months. GNR finally arrived.

20210808_190041 (resized).jpg20210808_190041 (resized).jpg

#13283 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

After 10 long months. GNR finally arrived.
[quoted image]

Congrats!
Direct or disty?
Which LE # ?
Order date?

If direct, hoping they're finally into November orders?
Last/highest number I saw posted in the forum was around #1834, iirc.

#13284 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats!
Direct or disty?
Which LE # ?
Order date?

Flip N Out
10/07/2020
July 2021 build.

I just installed my Pinwoofer kit this weekend, and holy balls! The improvement was amazing. It is easily the best upgrade you can make to this machine. The stock speakers are okay, but they sound like ass compared to an upgraded machine with the Pinwoofer kit. If you're on the fence. Get off and pick one up.

#13285 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Looks fantastic as well. Difficult to decide. The details are the same, so either way should be great.
I did not use superglue, because I used a flexible 0.5 mm plastic sheet as base. Flexible, because you otherwise have difficulties putting it in, so you need to bend it a bit (only in the process of putting it on the bumpers). Second reason is that the shaker may rattle it and the connection between glue and plastic may then break the glue. Third, you have to consider that the glue has to carry the metal drums when you raise the playfield. Possibly it depends on the characteristics of the glue. I think it should not dry out completly and provide some flexibility/movement.

I don't suppose you took any pictures of how you utilized the fishing line did you? I ordered the same set as you and perhaps it'll make more sense once it arrives, but if there's any visual reference you could provide I'd love to see it! I think you're right about your super glue assessment, seems like it could be difficult to hold the weight of this item when you're raising the playfield. However, I'm thinking it still may be a good thing to try in combination with your method, but again I'll probably get a better idea of what to do once the item arrives and I can play around with it more. Either way, I do think this looks as good, if not better, than the other mods out there for this space. I'm also going to try and find a way to add the GnR logo to the front of the drum to really dial it in!

#13286 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I don't suppose you took any pictures of how you utilized the fishing line did you? I ordered the same set as you and perhaps it'll make more sense once it arrives, but if there's any visual reference you could provide I'd love to see it! I think you're right about your super glue assessment, seems like it could be difficult to hold the weight of this item when you're raising the playfield. However, I'm thinking it still may be a good thing to try in combination with your method, but again I'll probably get a better idea of what to do once the item arrives and I can play around with it more. Either way, I do think this looks as good, if not better, than the other mods out there for this space. I'm also going to try and find a way to add the GnR logo to the front of the drum to really dial it in!

I try to make a picture that shows what I did. I must remove the microphone anyway to copy the plastic for somebody; the microphone is fixed on a separate plastic on the AXL plastic, therefore easy to remove.

#13287 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Congrats!
Direct or disty?
Which LE # ?
Order date?

Nope still waiting on my direct oct 26 order...

#13288 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nope still waiting on my direct oct 26 order...

Thanks for that info. I'm two months after you.
Direct must be a really really long line ..

#13289 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Wow - what a great compliment! Here's something from our blog that's relevant to the audio discussion over the past day:
Below is the account of what we did here at PinWoofer to our Jersey Jack Pinball (JJP) electronics in an attempt to improve the backbox sound field, and to address some of the constraints inherent in the platform.
First, the JJP backbox consists of a mid-range speaker and dome tweeter on each side. The speaker components themselves are well aligned to what one will find in a high fidelity speaker system having a separate tweeter/mid-range/(woofer) arrangement enclosed in a speaker cabinet. The JJP backbox speaker enclosure is at / near ear-level which differs from most other pinball platforms (honestly, it looks VERY cool). The JJP tweeters point directly at the player. But, here is the critical part - the mid-range backbox speakers point vertically and the sound is reflected off of internal wood panels, angled towards the player position. This is a unique speaker implementation in pinball. So, does it matter? We think it does because the mid-range is reflected towards the listener as opposed to facing the player.
Imagine your home theater system in your viewing room and your listening perspective being from an adjacent room or hallway. Ask yourself how would it sound. The reflections of otherwise clean audio will be altered by walls, floors, ceiling and doorways. Perhaps the result can be described as an "echoing" effect as mid-range sound energy is absorbed as it propagates and reflects towards the listener perspective. This of course is not ideal and this scenario may be a slight exaggeration of the backbox experience of a JJP title compared to a Stern title for example, but you get the point. The reflected mid-range sounds emanating from the backbox change as energy is lost due to the reflection, and the listener receives something that has been altered by the environment, easily described as a loss of mid-range fidelity. So, the conclusion is that the resulting audio from the listeners perspective is not at its full potential. (JJP uses good backbox mid-range speakers and if they were facing the player, they would sound better.) Skilled listeners hear the effects of this placement and readily understand the problem; casual listeners have simply described the sound as "tinny".
JJP has taken the approach of adding a sound bar on top of the CE backbox and while this is a potential means to partially "fix" the platform issues discussed above (that is, making up for reflected mid-range speakers), to do this yourself on a SE/LE, you now have additional wiring from the cabinet and additional power cables cluttering your area. You need a solution to affix the sound bar so it does not vibrate and fall onto the playfield glass. Add an external sub and these problems are compounded (a complex and messy solution). Also, and too important to not mention, are the lack of equalization and tone controls which is something that the PinWoofer GT amplifier provides as part of its rich feature set, but not available today in the menu settings of most / all JJP titles.
In an attempt to address / mitigate the above constraints, we set out to add back in some of the high bass and mid-range to temper the "tinny" character of the platform by making changes to our Expander Board(TM). In large part we feel that we were successful considering the constraints. Feedback has been positive for JJP titles and we are finding that we have something that has improved the backbox field and of course, there is no question the bass emanating from the cabinet sub is dramatically improved with the PinWoofer GT amplifier and speaker upgrade.
The network analyzer curve from our JJP Expander Board shows in part, how we have addressed backbox response through targeted filtering of the signal presented to the pre-amp. Even with observed high-end roll-off there is an abundance of high end treble.
It is unfortunate that you pay $8-12K for a world-class title (and JJP has some great ones) only to find yourself trying to select, add and to juggle external sound bars, subwoofers, audio splitters and cables, only to end up with a lackluster solution. You'll have no means to fine-tune the tone and levels from a central location. You are stuck with the defaults after all of that time, effort and expense. The cost of adding the parts and pieces for external components is comparable to the PinWoofer solution and our solution requires little effort to install and includes tech support. The PinWoofer solution is by far the easiest solution, delivering superior audio with perfect all-internal integration!
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-jersey-jack-audio-overview/

I know this is an old post, but it's definitely worth reading and looking into.

I used to do a little car audio and this and that so I an understand the basics of this. Reflecting sound is never as clear and "seperated" as direct sound. The bounce will muffle it and muddy it.

I also read some posts about the crossovers in the system being adequate as is.

So, has anyone tried making a bracket for the speakers to make them face out instead of up? Making a bracket is super easy and could be done precisely and effectively rather quickly.

I mean this is what you do in cars and home audio. You point the speakers so that the sound is the best. You move the eq's and the fade/balance so that it is centered where you want it. Simply pointing the speakers AT the target could do a good enough job if you are not an audiophile and just want better sound.

Not downplaying Pinwoofer. That is EXACTLY what should be done to really optimize everything. In fact, that system with a forward facing bracket could be even better!

#13290 2 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I try to make a picture that shows what I did. I must remove the microphone anyway to copy the plastic for somebody; the microphone is fixed on a separate plastic on the AXL plastic, therefore easy to remove.

So here are the pictures. One with the prototype plastic, one with the top view and one from under the plastic (the last 2 pictures from the small plastic I made for the microphone, which I placed on top of the Axl plastic).

Step 1: cut the plastic that it fits on the pops, step 2: place the drums on the plastic and mark the 2 holes for each leg on the inside of the leg (to make the holes as invisable as possible), step 3: drill the holes, very small ones for the legs and bigger ones for the pop screws), step 4: cut the nylon filament in pieces of 12-15 cm, make a node in the middle of the nylon at the leg, move the two ends of,the nylon through each hole, turn the plastic to the underside and make a node with the two nylon ends there.

10C31BE6-2139-4E68-8F75-D24531FB69B2 (resized).jpeg10C31BE6-2139-4E68-8F75-D24531FB69B2 (resized).jpeg2683670A-CBD9-4A28-BFB3-31F955A9D7CE (resized).jpeg2683670A-CBD9-4A28-BFB3-31F955A9D7CE (resized).jpegB8E309D5-DBC5-4964-81B6-AF147EE2C0A0 (resized).jpegB8E309D5-DBC5-4964-81B6-AF147EE2C0A0 (resized).jpeg
#13291 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try changing the eject speed in the menu (try a few different settings slower by 10s).

nice tip, I reduce the power by 3-4 levels and tested it with 25 scoop ejects. No SDTM.

#13292 2 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

nice tip, I reduce the power by 3-4 levels and tested it with 25 scoop ejects. No SDTM.

That's why I start with the easy fixes and work up from there. Glad it worked out for your machine.

#13293 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I know this is an old post, but it's definitely worth reading and looking into.
I used to do a little car audio and this and that so I an understand the basics of this. Reflecting sound is never as clear and "seperated" as direct sound. The bounce will muffle it and muddy it.
I also read some posts about the crossovers in the system being adequate as is.
So, has anyone tried making a bracket for the speakers to make them face out instead of up? Making a bracket is super easy and could be done precisely and effectively rather quickly.
I mean this is what you do in cars and home audio. You point the speakers so that the sound is the best. You move the eq's and the fade/balance so that it is centered where you want it. Simply pointing the speakers AT the target could do a good enough job if you are not an audiophile and just want better sound.
Not downplaying Pinwoofer. That is EXACTLY what should be done to really optimize everything. In fact, that system with a forward facing bracket could be even better!

Interesting post Ecw0930 !

If you want to put smaller, forward facing speakers and keep the factory speaker panel in play, you're pretty limited because of the height of the rectangular openings. A 2-1/2" might work but you'll need to enclose them with a new sub-panel so they are not running open-air. Keep in mind (as you probably know) that a smaller speaker will yield less low-mid range content (i.e. less high-bass content) because of its smaller diameter. Awhile back we viewed improving the factory speaker panel mid drivers as a dead-end and concluded that the poly drivers in the JJP backbox are of excellent quality - I'm quite satisfied with where thing have ended up for the PinWoofer system because of the other things we've done to work within the existing topology.

You might add a high quality sound bar but be cautious - even some of the "better" sound bars out there are complete garbage. Some are meant for home theater and are mono (i.e. not stereo). Some are quite expensive. Some guys have done just this (and made a custom mounting solution) but you might need to add either an amp or a pre-amp, and you'll need to route power, etc. There are a lot of ways a sound bar project can get complicated and expensive, and there is a risk that it will not really pay off in terms of better audio.

Best wishes!!!

#13294 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Center scoop will not register.

Switch dropped down farther. Removed coil and adjusted. Working.

#13295 2 years ago

Thanks @Cayenne, all done.

20210809_165141 (resized).jpg20210809_165141 (resized).jpg
#13296 2 years ago

That's why I start with the easy fixes and work up from there. Glad it worked out for your machine.</
Which flipper is the ball supposed to go to?

#13297 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Which flipper is the ball supposed to go to?

Most posts say left. (I don't have my GnR yet to verify)

#13298 2 years ago

I have been searching Pinside but cant find anything. After playing a bunch, my center scoop is draining SDTM every time. The game is level as I checked that. Anyone know of a post here or remedy to fix it?

Thanks,
Duff

#13299 2 years ago
Quoted from pduffy:

I have been searching Pinside but cant find anything. After playing a bunch, my center scoop is draining SDTM every time. The game is level as I checked that. Anyone know of a post here or remedy to fix it?
Thanks,
Duff

Sorry just saw above someone was having same issue and reduced coil. Will try that

#13300 2 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Thanks Cayenne, all done.[quoted image]

That looks great. What kind of media did you use? Laser jet?

Also what did you use to affix the drums to the pops?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,339 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/266 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.