IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 569.
#13051 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I thought about it, likely go a similar red to the LE, but the black powder coating on the SE is pretty decent and durable.

I have my data East gnr red
, So wanted to go with different color. I've already got the SE all apart and at powder coaters already for sandblasting. Found a fun little skeleton guy in hospital bed hidden under the apron too

IMG_20210803_140320 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_140320 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_153222 (resized).jpgIMG_20210803_153222 (resized).jpg
#13052 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Found a fun little skeleton guy in hospital bed hidden under the apron too
[quoted image][quoted image]

Coma lock should have been in all 3 games (I insist)ā€¦

#13053 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe there is noticeable delays when using bluetooth ..that's if you can get it connected and stay connected...

Ok, I'll look into one of the other options.

#13054 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Found a fun little skeleton guy in hospital bed hidden under the apron too

Did you notice your fun clear coat pooling from where the apron washer was?

#13055 2 years ago

I'm gonna go with this color .I pulled it from the sky color around slashes hat

received_215751173803751 (resized).jpegreceived_215751173803751 (resized).jpeg
#13056 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Did everyone know if you have the glass off and have the machine on and in attract mode, you can move the Slash gnr record back and forth and it sounds like you are scratching a record? I did not know this until today.

I tried this on mine doesnā€™t work. Is there something in settings that needs turned on?

#13057 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Did everyone know if you have the glass off and have the machine on and in attract mode, you can move the Slash gnr record back and forth and it sounds like you are scratching a record? I did not know this until today.

I discovered that too while poking around!

#13058 2 years ago

BEAUTIFUL 3D Flipper Toppers!! THANKS @Mr_Tantrum!!

IMG_3681 (resized).jpgIMG_3681 (resized).jpgIMG_3684 (resized).jpgIMG_3684 (resized).jpgIMG_3693 (resized).jpgIMG_3693 (resized).jpg
#13059 2 years ago

Just got a call from my distributor and my game just came in. Said it was just built and shipped and he was certain that whatever improvements (washers, longer posts etc) would have been incorporated. Do you all know when they started added the temp fixes on the assembly line?

#13060 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Just got a call from my distributor and my game just came in. Said it was just built and shipped and he was certain that whatever improvements (washers, longer posts etc) would have been incorporated. Do you all know when they started added the temp fixes on the assembly line?

Um, june-ish, I think

#13061 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Why would i want two fucked playfields?

I'd be tempted if it was another playfield company and they could demonstrate they had fixed the problem.

In years to come, people are going to want to replace playfields on these games. If the playfields are out of production, blank re cleared playfields will be worth money.

Rumor is JJP are changing playfield manufacturer. I sincerely hope this is correct.

#13062 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

In years to come, people are going to want to replace playfields on these games. If the playfields are out of production, blank re cleared playfields will be worth money.
Rumor is JJP are changing playfield manufacturer. I sincerely hope this is correct.

And I hope we aren't starting a new marriage just trading problems. I'd hate to be in the beginning batch of a new disaster blending families... As they say, the devil you know is sometimes better than the one you don't...

#13063 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

And I hope we aren't starting a new marriage just trading problems. I'd hate to be in the beginning batch of a new disaster blending families... As they say, the devil you know is sometimes better than the one you don't...

JJP HAS to find a solution. Mirco has messed up 3 pins in a row, spanning YEARS. Even if JJP is buying from two vendors as they test a transition, it's better than doing nothing to address it at all like they have these past 3-4 years.

#13064 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

The sound quality on the this machine is extremely bad for a music pin. I've seen posts about adding pinwoofers and powered subs with alligator clips, but has anyone tried to add a bluetooth soundbar and sub?

I canā€™t speak for JJP machines, but the upgrade PinWoofer makes for Stern games raises the sound quality to a whole new level. Itā€™s the next best thing to installing your own amp and reference speakers, and without all the hassle that would entail.

#13065 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP HAS to find a solution. Mirco has messed up 3 pins in a row, spanning YEARS. Even if JJP is buying from two vendors as they test a transition, it's better than doing nothing to address it at all like they have these past 3-4 years.

I agree. JJP could be buying from 2 vendors right now and we would not know. JJP need to address their issues. We like the idea of having a spare playfield. Gives lots of options later on.

#13066 2 years ago

Taking preorders for September delivery on GNR LEā€™s. PM me if interested. I have a few available.

#13067 2 years ago

Look at Haggis (no dimples) & Pinball Brothers (see video of Alien playfield)ā€¦JJP, Stern, Spooky etc. (American manufacturers) need to weave FAR Part 46 into FAR 52.232-32 for items under FAR Part 12. See FAR Part 11.101(a) & DFARS 252-7005.

Please, this is not advise for just pinball. Manufacturing needs to spread across States of the USA.

#13068 2 years ago

2842D263-F3D2-470D-9285-0D678EB51661 (resized).jpeg2842D263-F3D2-470D-9285-0D678EB51661 (resized).jpeg

23EE59D9-34AC-496F-9958-596D371A744D (resized).jpeg23EE59D9-34AC-496F-9958-596D371A744D (resized).jpeg
#13069 2 years ago

Woody loves his new G-N-R vinyl !

original (resized).jpgoriginal (resized).jpg
#13070 2 years ago

ā€œApplause Jackpot is lit!!!ā€

As I have 3 locked and 3 bouncing around in the pops pushing that jackpot over 80k during band frenzy and... time out.

#13071 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone else have the spinning record lower on the playfield so the ball gets stuck? I tightened the white plastic nut under neigh the playfield and that seemed to fix the level problem. The top screw seemed very tight. Hopefully the white plastic nut doesn't keep getting loose with game play. Thanks.

This is the only post I could find a out this but I've played a couple games that this happened on and the one I bought this wknd is HUO and now my house is doing it.

Slash's record is uneven/not level with the playfield and the ball will rest on the bottom of the record.

Is this white nut the fix? Anyone else have issues?

#13072 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

As I have 3 locked and 3 bouncing around in the pops pushing that jackpot over 80k during band frenzy and... time out.

Brutal!

#13073 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I agree. JJP could be buying from 2 vendors right now and we would not know. JJP need to address their issues. We like the idea of having a spare playfield. Gives lots of options later on.

Fake news. Pinwoofer is not the answer. Far from it. Just run output to high quality external gear and you will be golden. Pinwoofer sorry to say is not great IMO.

#13074 2 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Fake news. Pinwoofer is not the answer. Far from it. Just run output to high quality external gear and you will be golden. Pinwoofer sorry to say is not great IMO.

I've tried both on the same machines and your statement is very far from faintly true, let alone accurate.

Pinwoofer is a much better sounding system and is fully self contained for someone like me who moves pins around regularly. So much so that my sub is sitting idle even though i have the line trimmer kit sitting there for DP and GnR.

To each his own, and a sub is certainly cheaper, especially if you get one from a pawn shop, but there is no way known that it sounds better.

#13075 2 years ago

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13076 2 years ago

So on the sound front, I have a pretty nice home stereo that happens to be in the same space as where the GNR is going when it arrives next week, and Iā€™ve been on the fence about pinwoofer. Not because I donā€™t think it would be great, but because I donā€™t have money to spend thoughtlessly. I figured Iā€™d see how it sounds out the box, then see about hooking it up through the stereo. It seems silly but itā€™s already right there and no harm in trying it out?

Is there an easy audio line-out in the game, or would I need to splice some wires, or what? If you think Iā€™m crazy, no need to post, Iā€™m aware, and Axl sings it to me every time I put on my GNR Lies (the superior version of that song all day every day).

#13077 2 years ago

Definitely worth trying. You can tell us.

#13078 2 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

I tried this on mine doesnā€™t work. Is there something in settings that needs turned on?

Good question, i don't know. I have an LE from June so maybe that makes a difference? Otherwise no idea.

#13079 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I'm gonna go with this color .I pulled it from the sky color around slashes hat
[quoted image]

Would love to see some pictures when it is done. Are you using a color from Prismatic Powders? Thanks.

#13080 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

So on the sound front, I have a pretty nice home stereo that happens to be in the same space as where the GNR is going when it arrives next week, and Iā€™ve been on the fence about pinwoofer. Not because I donā€™t think it would be great, but because I donā€™t have money to spend thoughtlessly. I figured Iā€™d see how it sounds out the box, then see about hooking it up through the stereo. It seems silly but itā€™s already right there and no harm in trying it out?
Is there an easy audio line-out in the game, or would I need to splice some wires, or what? If you think Iā€™m crazy, no need to post, Iā€™m aware, and Axl sings it to me every time I put on my GNR Lies (the superior version of that song all day every day).

Very curious to hear how your setup goes. I have a spare A/V receiver and was thinking about connecting it to the pin and some home audio speakers. My biggest concern is audio lag with a receiver, and the only truly lag-free solution I was able to find was an amp plus reference speakers (or PinWoofer).

#13081 2 years ago

But of course I will report back in. With direct wired connections, Iā€™m not too worried about lag. I only wonder if anyone who has the game knows whether there is an easy line out connector or if Iā€™ll need to splice. I should have everything on hand to do it either way, I was just hoping it would be simple is all.

#13082 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

This is the only post I could find a out this but I've played a couple games that this happened on and the one I bought this wknd is HUO and now my house is doing it.
Slash's record is uneven/not level with the playfield and the ball will rest on the bottom of the record.
Is this white nut the fix? Anyone else have issues?

There is a large white plastic nut (8 in the image below). Mine fell off and I was able to turn the adjustment screw (1) easily to level the record disc. Then I tightened the plastic washer on, double checked things did not shift, and have been back in business!

Very similar mech in terms of adjustment to the POTC map disc.

record assembly (resized).PNGrecord assembly (resized).PNG
#13083 2 years ago

The amplifier board is connected to the audio out of the PC. If you do not use the internal speakers you do not need the internal amplifier board. Therefore, You can connect your amplifier to the audio out of the PC. It is simple.

#13084 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

With direct wired connections, Iā€™m not too worried about lag. I only wonder if anyone who has the game knows whether there is an easy line out connector or if Iā€™ll need to splice. I should have everything on hand to do it either way, I was just hoping it would be simple is all.

Maybe 20% of guys tell me that they like the out of the box sound of GNR. But, the negative reports are truly negative and dominant. There does not seem to be a distinct in-the-middle segment compared to other titles.

Lots of guys have added external stuff and reported in this thread, often spending large sums to get a decent result (sometimes on the cheap too). Consider also that adding external stuff means wires routed about the machine, additional speakers and the problem of a mounting solution for them, and the AV amps needed to tie it all together.

The PinWoofer system keeps everything integrated and at the same time provides many tricks of the trade needed to get an amazing sound field specific to pinball. Our gear is easy to install too which is hugely important to a lot of guys who just want an epic upgrade and to get back to playing pinball. Guys see the value our product and invest in their title to improve it.

I don't think this is where you are going, but the stock audio hardware in the machine when left in play will be audible and the sound field will suffer.

If you want my help in trying some of this stuff you can call the shop and I can advise. Or, add the PinWoofer system like scores of guys and you'll get an amazing result. Thanks for your attention:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

#13085 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I know that feeling all to well i am afraid. My highest jackpot lost is over 140 million. Just to compare. My current Grand Champion is 134 million.

#13086 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

There is a large white plastic nut (8 in the image below). Mine fell off and I was able to turn the adjustment screw (1) easily to level the record disc. Then I tightened the plastic washer on, double checked things did not shift, and have been back in business!
Very similar mech in terms of adjustment to the POTC map disc.
[quoted image]

This was very helpful. I have adjusted it and hope it works! Thanks!

#13087 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I know that feeling all to well i am afraid. My highest jackpot lost is over 140 million. Just to compare. My current Grand Champion is 134 million.

Bro this just happened to me. Applause jackpot is lit... Lookup quick... 48million....

And .. pops times it out.

They gotta adjust the code so the countdown stops when it's in the pops. Right?

#13088 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Bro this just happened to me. Applause jackpot is lit... Lookup quick... 48million....
And .. pops times it out.
They gotta adjust the code so the countdown stops when it's in the pops. Right?

or have a pop killer - let's say it works like an achievement....you build up the award similar to the Dino Tranquilizer in Jurassic Park and then could kill the pops in an emergency holding down the action button (ie. trying to hit the applause window) - or get the pop killer via a mystery or some other task...

#13089 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Maybe 20% of guys tell me that they like the out of the box sound of GNR. But, the negative reports are truly negative and dominant. There does not seem to be a distinct in-the-middle segment compared to other titles.
Lots of guys have added external stuff and reported in this thread, often spending large sums to get a decent result (sometimes on the cheap too). Consider also that adding external stuff means wires routed about the machine, additional speakers and the problem of a mounting solution for them, and the AV amps needed to tie it all together.
The PinWoofer system keeps everything integrated and at the same time provides many tricks of the trade needed to get an amazing sound field specific to pinball. Our gear is easy to install too which is hugely important to a lot of guys who just want an epic upgrade and to get back to playing pinball. Guys see the value our product and invest in their title to improve it.
I don't think this is where you are going, but the stock audio hardware in the machine when left in play will be audible and the sound field will suffer.
If you want my help in trying some of this stuff you can call the shop and I can advise. Or, add the PinWoofer system like scores of guys and you'll get an amazing result. Thanks for your attention:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

I put my first pinwoofer ever into GnR SE last week and itā€™s absolutely hands down the best mod I have ever purchased, if you think the stock sound is good you need your ears checked! I figured I could pull it out and move to our WW if the game leaves but it would be such an injustice to the pin, rock pins need sound support!

#13090 2 years ago

what keeps balls on or releases balls off the gibson head? the code is tough to figure out.

#13091 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

or have a pop killer - let's say it works like an achievement....you build up the award similar to the Dino Tranquilizer in Jurassic Park and then could kill the pops in an emergency holding down the action button (ie. trying to hit the applause window) - or get the pop killer via a mystery or some other task...

I love that idea! Make the action but do something. It's minimal in this game. Hey JJP listen up! This man has a great idea!!!!

A patch? A shot to qualify it? A shot after getting all band members but before starting a song?

#13092 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I put my first pinwoofer ever into GnR SE last week and itā€™s absolutely hands down the best mod I have ever purchased, if you think the stock sound is good you need your ears checked! I figured I could pull it out and move to our WW if the game leaves but it would be such an injustice to the pin, rock pins need sound support!

You guys are REALLY making me consider this!!!

#13093 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You guys are REALLY making me consider this!!!

I run sub out lines on my stern games and my hobbit is a LE so itā€™s good to go, but the GnR and WW standard audio definitely need something more than just a little boost on the bass end. I was surprised at the complexity and integration that they are bringing, but it sounds so much better. I would invite you over if you were closer!

#13094 2 years ago

I run sub out lines on my stern games and my hobbit is a LE so itā€™s good to go, but the GnR and WW standard audio definitely need something more than just a little boost on the bass end. I was surprised at the complexity and integration that they are bringing, but it sounds so much better. I would invite you over if you were closer!

I used to do audio in show cars and am a bit of an audiophile. Or at least I was. My SE doesn't sound that bad. And besides I'm flipping a thousand pinballs around during a song anyway! Hahaha. But, I do think it needs some bass.

But an entirely intergated and adjustable system is so freaking tempting to me bc I know what it could do! Adding bass isn't always the trick. (Usually doesn't hurt tho!)

If I were closer, I'd bring the beer!

#13095 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

what keeps balls on or releases balls off the gibson head? the code is tough to figure out.

During a song: if you lock a ball, thereā€™s a timer in top left corner of display. If it gets to 0 it releases all balls, locking subsequent balls before timer runs out will reset it. Get all balls in play in the guitar for a powerchord jackpot.

During standard play: lock a ball, itā€™ll stay there and put a new one in shooter. If youā€™re in a booster multiball, itā€™ll lock a ball towards your total locks, and then release it back into the booster multiball play.

#13096 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I used to do audio in show cars and am a bit of an audiophile. Or at least I was. My SE doesn't sound that bad. And besides I'm flipping a thousand pinballs around during a song anyway! Hahaha. But, I do think it needs some bass.
But an entirely intergated and adjustable system is so freaking tempting to me bc I know what it could do! Adding bass isn't always the trick. (Usually doesn't hurt tho!)

I also tried the Bluetooth connection to a couple different decent speakers (Sonos and a smaller Sony) and found the sound worse than the stock setup, for what thatā€™s worth. Something about the speaker placement just really pops with the integrated system. And I am a bit of an audiophile also, although iPods and mp3s kinda lowered the bar for everyone so itā€™s hard to tell anymore. Maybe Iā€™m getting oldā€¦ā€¦.

#13097 2 years ago

I also tried the Bluetooth connection to a couple different decent speakers (Sonos and a smaller Sony) and found the sound worse than the stock setup, for what thatā€™s worth. Something about the speaker placement just really pops with the integrated system. And I am a bit of an audiophile also, although iPods and mp3s kinda lowered the bar for everyone so itā€™s hard to tell anymore. Maybe Iā€™m getting oldā€¦ā€¦.

i have a pretty nice pair of over ear bluetooth headphones i've been using. I don't hate it. It's pretty good sound and there is no lag. I'm concentrating on the game so much though. I really like the bluetooth option as I often play late at night when the family is in bed. It was MUCH needed !!!

#13099 2 years ago
Quoted from TakeOff:

The amplifier board is connected to the audio out of the PC. If you do not use the internal speakers you do not need the internal amplifier board. Therefore, You can connect your amplifier to the audio out of the PC. It is simple.

Thatā€™s great, thanks! Iā€™ll try it and if I donā€™t love it Iā€™ll have to start convincing the woman that pinwoofer is a necessity.

Sheā€™ll be a tough sell, she will have to love the game first and foremost. I donā€™t know how the rest of you get away with all these mods after taking five digits out of your bank accounts.

#13100 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I've always just used a polk psw10 for bass on my pins and have been completely happy with this solution. Easy and cheap to do . And when u sell the pin u just keep it for the next. U can also hook 2 pins up to one psw10.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 11,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,410 posts in this topic. You are on page 262 of 569.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/262 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.