IMG_2676.gif
IMG_0960 (resized).jpeg
image1 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
GnRAllenWrenchMod (resized).jpg
200w.gif
IMG_2222 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 568.
#13001 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

yes, in the settings, I think for devices, but it's been a while since I've had to do it so cant exactly recall. They should automatically recalibrate at start up too, but try to do it manually and see if that corrects it.

It's under Tests:Device Tests The big advantage to running the calibration that way is that you get some clues as to what's going wrong if it still doesn't work.

#13002 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

[quoted image]
I have some mylar starting to lift just below one of the pops. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? Do I just try to re-adhere to the playfield? Does it need to be heated?

That post looks like the cause. Any pooling under that black washer?
Could try and stick it back down. Heat would help. Replacement would be best.

#13003 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

That post looks like the cause. Any pooling under that black washer?
Could try and stick it back down. Heat would help. Replacement would be best.

I agree. I'm a little hesitant to remove the mylar for fear of pulling up the playfield art. The game has fewer than 60 plays so it might still have enough adhesive on the bottom to stick. I'm not sure about pooling under the post - it arrived with the newest factory fix a week ago. (washers, longer posts, etc.).

#13004 2 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

After an evening of playing with the center scoop (trying to fix balls being launched STDM), and trying the potential solutions in the thread (angling the scoop as far left as possible, lowering the hood slightly, and kicking up the coil strength for the VUK), I ended up figuring out a different solution that worked better.
The problem I think many owners have is that the coil strength on kickout varies a LOT, and weaker coil firing does not give a chance for the scoop to angle the ball.
So, I ended up cutting a thin piece of target foam, and attaching it to the right of the scoop. Ever since I did that, it has always landed on the left flipper (regardless of the power of the vuk), as the foam helps direct the ball.
Here's some very brightened pics.
Hope this helps some folks out!
[quoted image][quoted image]

ScreaminSauce I just talked to Jersey Jack tech support and there is an adjustment behind the scoop (2 screws) loosen slightly and twist to the left.

#13005 2 years ago

I agree. I'm a little hesitant to remove the mylar for fear of pulling up the playfield art.

Heat would help there too. Slow and easy wins that particular race.

Maybe a razor and trim?

#13006 2 years ago

I agree. I'm a little hesitant to remove the mylar for fear of pulling up the playfield art. The game has fewer than 60 plays so it might still have enough adhesive on the bottom to stick. I'm not sure about pooling under the post - it arrived with the newest factory fix a week ago. (washers, longer posts, etc.).

Interestingā€¦ I was about to post about the exact same issue. Iā€™ve got it in 2 spots. Iā€™m not quite sure how to remedy. I may try loosening the post and trimming with a razor blade and hope it adheres. The mylar is under the washer so I think thatā€™s whatā€™s causing it.

94976FC0-FEBA-4A4F-9E2D-98ADE660F7F4 (resized).jpeg94976FC0-FEBA-4A4F-9E2D-98ADE660F7F4 (resized).jpegE4B151D8-B888-40A5-A909-089F6822A0AE (resized).jpegE4B151D8-B888-40A5-A909-089F6822A0AE (resized).jpeg
#13007 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Might have gotten Band Frenzy!
Band Frenzy is super important for blowing up jackpots in songs. You achieve it by hitting all the band member shots during their "active" parts of the song (indicated in the lower right of the screen.) There is also a gun barrel there with colored dots to help you identify which members you have and which you don't.
When it's active, try and feed as many balls into the pops as you can!
And yes, there are patches which spot characters which will make your journey to Band Frenzy shorter, so maybe you had some of those. Fender patch will spot an uncollected character when you shoot the active member's shot.

I have been hitting band frenzy quite a lot but didn't know how I was doing it. I have also been trying to hit the active member shots as much as possible during song play.

Also, I have been using patches that activate band members as well.

So yeah maybe all of that.

I hit a 15m jackpot lastnight.

#13009 2 years ago

Heat would help there too. Slow and easy wins that particular race.
Maybe a razor and trim?

Hairdryer on the lowest setting for 20 seconds or so? Then try to reapply?

Quoted from Digimatt:

Interestingā€¦ I was about to post about the exact same issue. Iā€™ve got it in 2 spots. Iā€™m not quite sure how to remedy. I may try loosening the post and trimming with a razor blade and hope it adheres. The mylar is under the washer so I think thatā€™s whatā€™s causing it. [quoted image][quoted image]

I'm going to try to re-adhere (fingers crossed!) And trim back as a second option. The game is so new the mylar should stick. Here's hoping!

#13011 2 years ago

Hairdryer on the lowest setting for 20 seconds or so? Then try to reapply?

I'm going to try to re-adhere (fingers crossed!) And trim back as a second option. The game is so new the mylar should stick. Here's hoping!

Heat gun. Lowest setting. Hair dyerā€¦id probably try high. But keep it moving. Dont let the heat sit in one place. Also, id use a cc (flat plastic) to ā€œsqueegeeā€ towards the post.

#13012 2 years ago

Heat gun. Lowest setting. Hair dyerā€¦id probably try high. But keep it moving. Dont let the heat sit in one place. Also, id use a cc (flat plastic) to ā€œsqueegeeā€ towards the post.

Iā€™ll try it but Iā€™m a bit nervous about it.

#13013 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

"Terminator" by Jersey Jack after Toy Story
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"b2db38667ba8cab433e43baa4a6c554546208154-1627931132-1800"};
//]]>

Itā€™s clearly going to be a James Bond pin

AE9F3E75-A05F-467E-BBB8-1775F24CA3F2 (resized).jpegAE9F3E75-A05F-467E-BBB8-1775F24CA3F2 (resized).jpeg
#13014 2 years ago

[quoted image]
I have some mylar starting to lift just below one of the pops. Any suggestions on how to remedy this? Do I just try to re-adhere to the playfield? Does it need to be heated?

If that was me i would freeze spray it off, clean the area and put new mylar down.

#13015 2 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

Iā€™ll try it but Iā€™m a bit nervous about it.

Id turn down the pops too.

Like Skyemont suggested canned air turned up side down may help peel it off for replacement.

#13016 2 years ago

ffa2277058bc80e141f2f94f3a6b85e4 (resized).jpgffa2277058bc80e141f2f94f3a6b85e4 (resized).jpg

#13017 2 years ago

Well I guess itā€™s better than not having the option to buy a replacement Playfield?

#13018 2 years ago

we've already fucked you but bend over with $500bucks between your legs to be fucked again!

#13019 2 years ago

Why would i want two fucked playfields?

#13020 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Because they'd be loose enough to entertain each other, no questions asked.

Seriously, though, this is the BARE MINIMUM offer JJP should have done two months ago because it costs them nothing except some administration time. Anyone know if this is more Mirco crap, or if it will be Bader or some other manufacturer?

#13021 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If that was me i would freeze spray it off, clean the area and put new mylar down.

Freeze spray could be dangerous with Mirco's famous miracle non-adhesion art. No great sure-fire options, unfortunately since there are still a lot of unknowns.

#13022 2 years ago

Quoted from PinMonk:

Because they'd be loose enough to entertain each other, no questions asked.
Seriously, though, this is the BARE MINIMUM offer JJP should have done two months ago because it costs them nothing except some administration time. Anyone know if this is more Mirco crap, or if it will be Bader or some other manufacturer?

I'd be tempted if it was another playfield company and they could demonstrate they had fixed the problem.

#13023 2 years ago

I find it interesting they expect the GnR run to complete summer of 2022 when they are still shipping October orders... Highest number LE that I've seen on here is in the 1700s. And we just saw some posts saying that they stopped production due to parts problems.
Are they going to pull the plug on it? I wonder how many orders they actually have at this point.
Are they estimating they'll hit 5000 by next summer one year from now basically? I'm just not sure what to make of this.

#13024 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

I find it interesting they expect the GnR run to complete summer of 2022 when they are still shipping October orders... Highest number LE that I've seen on here is in the 1700s. And we just saw some posts saying that they stopped production due to parts problems.
Are they going to pull the plug on it? I wonder how many orders they actually have at this point.
Are they estimating they'll hit 5000 by next summer one year from now basically? I'm just not sure what to make of this.

I haven't stayed up on the per-week numbers based on serial numbers, but if they're still averaging 50 a week, that's 2600 more units 52 weeks from now. Seems do-able as long as there are no long parts gaps or mandatory covid lockdowns due to delta.

#13025 2 years ago

Not that you would want to, but curious if you could buy an LE/CE for an SE? Then you could have 2 PFs with chipping paint you could swap

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13026 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

if you could buy an LE/CE

Im actually curious if they will do an actual CE run since it's got the sparkly bits. I'd consider ordering one if a) it was not Mirco and b) it was a CE PF.

#13027 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Im actually curious if they will do an actual CE run since it's got the sparkly bits. I'd consider ordering one if a) it was not Mirco and b) it was a CE PF.

What's the difference in play besides coma? From a business standpoint, no CE run ever, imo. Next pin...

#13028 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

What's the difference in play besides coma? From a business standpoint, no CE run ever, imo. Next pin...

Just talking about the offer to buy a replacement Playfield. And whether they will offer CE ones.

#13030 2 years ago

Can you purchase the little spotlights by themselves? I'm talking about the one for the flippers in particular but they all seem to be the same.

I love the minimalist design of them and want to put at least one (probably 3) up on the "stage" of my SE.

Thoughts?

#13031 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Probably an extra 2 fiddy for CE, those sparkles cost ya know

#13032 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

[quoted image]

Disgusting price IMO.
This should be positioned much lower for those with documented issues via their Distro or direct.
Cashing in on customers misfortune. Opportunity missed for JJP to do the right thing.
Price + shipping international then cost of actual fitting all components? Do me a favour..... oh youā€™re not.
Heighway men....... lol....
Daylight robbery.

Edit: unless this is fully populated, I take comments above all back

#13033 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Disgusting price IMO.
This should be positioned much lower for those with documented issues via their Distro or direct.
Cashing in on customers misfortune. Opportunity missed for JJP to do the right thing.
Price + shipping international then cost of actual fitting all components? Do me a favour..... oh youā€™re not.
Heighway men....... lol....
Daylight robbery.

If they were fully populated at that price and available to those that had issues that would have been JJPā€™s chance to save face

#13034 2 years ago

^^^ yeah for sure, I just edited my comment when you quoted me

#13035 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

If they were fully populated at that price and available to those that had issues that would have been JJPā€™s chance to save face

Not surprising though - they did the same thing with the left Hobbit wireform and the WoZ light boards. They were both clearly designed incorrectly, yet they offered corrected replacements at cost instead of free.

I hope the end-of-run playfields offered will be made by someone other than Mirco.

#13036 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Disgusting price IMO.

As a person who bought a spare CE playfield for Wonka at $1100 I think it's a pretty killer price.

#13037 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As a person who bought a spare CE playfield for Wonka at $1100 I think it's a pretty killer price.

How long did it take you to swap the playfields? I would think Wonka is more involved than GNR

#13038 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

How long did it take you to swap the playfields? I would think Wonka is more involved than GNR

Oh I haven't done it yet. But we're approaching 10k plays so if I ever want to sell this thing one day I will need to make it new again. I've got playfield, mylars, plastics, etc.

For now we're beating the crap out of it and loving it.

#13039 2 years ago

Pricing aside (which personally Iā€™m ok with $500), itā€™s good to see JJP at least offer the option to buy a replacement PF. Iā€™m also glad itā€™ll be at the end of the production run, giving them the most time to iron out (heh) their PF problems.

If nothing else, it means you could have a spare PF that you can let sit and cure for years if you wanted to. Or replace a chipped playfield when you want to sell the machine and potentially add more than $500 back to the value of your resell.

Should JJPā€™s warranty cover their playfield problems since these issues are more common than just a few outlier cases? Yeah. But this is another step thatā€™s better than nothing.

(Bracing myself for the downvotes )

#13040 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Now that you have mentioned this, the sucker punch will most likely follow..... lol
This was probably priced for LE+SEs
CE owners wait for a follow up email + price hike.

The fact still remains, you shouldnā€™t have to buy the damn thing in the first place! Should have been perfect upon release.
They should do this at cost, try and put the whole saga to bed.

#13041 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

They should do this at cost, try and put the whole saga to bed.

Given retail was $1100, I have to assume this IS at cost. I'm a heavy user of my games and I'm grateful for the opportunity to refresh it down the road. It let me play without stressing over the mileage.

#13042 2 years ago

is there a window to the purchase offer or is it perpetual?

#13043 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is there a time window for the purchase offer or is it perpetual?

#13044 2 years ago

The sound quality on the this machine is extremely bad for a music pin. I've seen posts about adding pinwoofers and powered subs with alligator clips, but has anyone tried to add a bluetooth soundbar and sub?

#13045 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

The sound quality on the this machine is extremely bad for a music pin. I've seen posts about adding pinwoofers and powered subs with alligator clips, but has anyone tried to add a bluetooth soundbar and sub?

I believe there is noticeable delays when using bluetooth ..that's if you can get it connected and stay connected...

#13046 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

Just to be clear the pinwoofer (singular, not plural) is a complete kit. It consists of one woofer, two tweeters and an amplifier. The stock mid-range remains.

It's pretty much regarded as the best upgrade you can do to this pin.

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-8in-jjp-super-kit/

#13047 2 years ago

Didn't see any pics in the thread, anybody have any good. Custom powder coating yet, can't figure out a good color for my SE

#13048 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'd be tempted if it was another playfield company and they could demonstrate they had fixed the problem.

Well, apparently kruzman is well-equipped to fix them, but it'll cost you another $650. 75% of his work is fixing Mirco clear jobs. He talks about it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-monthly-playfield-thread/page/26#post-6422257

#13049 2 years ago

Did everyone know if you have the glass off and have the machine on and in attract mode, you can move the Slash gnr record back and forth and it sounds like you are scratching a record? I did not know this until today.

#13050 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Didn't see any pics in the thread, anybody have any good. Custom powder coating yet, can't figure out a good color for my SE

I thought about it, likely go a similar red to the LE, but the black powder coating on the SE is pretty decent and durable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 210.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 28,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/261?hl=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.