IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 567.
#12851 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Hopefully JJP is using the money they collected for this round to pay for a new Playfield manufacturer

If I’m being selfish (and yes I am), this is a blessing in disguise. It gets the band wagoners to jump off and go elsewhere leaving the real players stick around and enjoy one of the most epic games ever

#12852 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

Thanks a lot c818919taylor for the link to the mini playfield removal instructions!
If anyone has tips for the Axel lane, bumper and inlane posts, it'd be really great.
arcadem that's a good point - I had planned on skipping those as I really didn't see myself capable of the intricate removal and réinstallation process needed though... .
I'm wondering if cutting a larger hole in the Mylar circles and just sticking them on top beyond the metal washers would be sufficient, if I can't manage...

It doesn't look like it, I'm not sure what a nylon nut looks like but it's a metal nut I have on the end. (May build and unfortunately pre-black washers.)

You should be able to just take the nut off the post and then unscrew the post from the top out of the t-nut. Unfortunately you will have to take the upper playfield off to get the post off. I’ve done it. It’s not that bad. Just follow those instructions posted in this thread

#12853 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That target at the end isn't the skill shot.

Right number of balls in the game and all accounted for ? Take one out and check.
LTG : )

Quoted from LTG:

That target at the end isn't the skill shot.

Right number of balls in the game and all accounted for ? Take one out and check.

Hoi LTG, I also own a Le and have the same problem. this happens almost every game...I calibrated the sensors but it makes no difference. can you help me please i don't know what to do anymore. I read that several people have this problem but no one seems to have a solution. thanks in advance for all the help

#12854 2 years ago

I read here there was a software update to 1.22 so I turned my game on for the first time in a few weeks, did the software update and now the pops aren't working. Any connection or just a coincidence? Any suggestions on what to check first? I went into the solenoid test and they didn't fire manually but the switch tests register the ball.

#12855 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

So my game is continuing to auto launch balls despite my efforts to correct the issue. I’ve replaced both trough boards at this point, adjusted the target at the end of the skill shot area but not sure what else to try. I noticed that every time it launches it scores the skill shot so I’m guessing it must be some sort of sensor issue? I’m still a little green to these types of fixes but if anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate hearing em!

Have you found a solution

Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

Thanks, I’ll do that. All the time???? That can really screw up league play for sure!!

I have calibrated the sensors a few times but it makes no difference... do you still have this problem? this happens almost every game

I also notice that the plunger / coil of the left guitar pops without any ball.. I don't know if this has to do with this or is it just another problem.. do you have this too? thanks for any help

#12856 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

So my game is continuing to auto launch balls despite my efforts to correct the issue. I’ve replaced both trough boards at this point, adjusted the target at the end of the skill shot area but not sure what else to try. I noticed that every time it launches it scores the skill shot so I’m guessing it must be some sort of sensor issue? I’m still a little green to these types of fixes but if anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate hearing em!

Quoted from Gear_Grinder:

Thanks, I’ll do that. All the time???? That can really screw up league play for sure!!

I have calibrated the sensors a few times but it makes no difference... do you still have this problem? this happens almost every game

I also notice that the plunger / coil of the left guitar pops without any ball.. I don't know if this has to do with this or is it just another problem.. do you have this too? thanks for any help

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes. Happens every once in awhile. Check your sensor harness under the playfield. See if it’s perfectly nicked like the pic below. You may need a new harness - I’m on my 3rd and suspect it gets nicked when lifting the pf or putting it back. [quoted image]

what do you mean by "new harness"? are you talking about the printed circuit board? that all looks good and I pushed the connectors again

#12857 2 years ago

I am having the same exact problem . I have been working with Ken @ JPP support (great guy btw) and we think the shooter lane OPTO board is bad. He sent one replacement but it was horribly defective and I had to send it back. I am waiting for another one now. One other fellow had the same problem and traced it back to a bad solder joint on a capacitor on the trough OPTO board which he was able to repair. I am hopeful that the expected new board will solve the problem . I hope all this info will be helpful to you.

#12858 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I am having the same exact problem . I have been working with Ken @ JPP support (great guy btw) and we think the shooter lane OPTO board is bad. He sent one replacement but it was horribly defective and I had to send it back. I am waiting for another one now. One other fellow had the same problem and traced it back to a bad solder joint on a capacitor on the trough OPTO board which he was able to repair. I am hopeful that the expected new board will solve the problem . I hope all this info will be helpful to you.

yes, thank you for your response. it might be a good idea to open a new topic about this... it's not an isolated case and it simplifies the overview for everyone also for jjp

so what do i do best? register my game and open a ticket at jjp? because I really can't solve this myself

#12859 2 years ago

LE 1704 has been delivered. I ordered 12/16 through distributor.

05FEC6CE-0D5C-469B-AEC8-5969496FEFB8 (resized).jpeg05FEC6CE-0D5C-469B-AEC8-5969496FEFB8 (resized).jpeg
#12860 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

[quoted image]

You’ll be rockin in the free world!

#12861 2 years ago
Quoted from Billekletser:

Hoi LTG, I also own a Le and have the same problem. this happens almost every game...I calibrated the sensors but it makes no difference. can you help me please i don't know what to do anymore. I read that several people have this problem but no one seems to have a solution.

Please open a ticket on the website under Support. If more people report it, they'll track it.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

#12862 2 years ago

^^^ theres at least 4 NIB LE with the same trough Opto issues in UK so far.
Seems to be a known issue..

#12863 2 years ago
Quoted from Billekletser:

what do you mean by "new harness"? are you talking about the printed circuit board? that all looks good and I pushed the connectors again

I've replaced both trough boards, which were sent to me by Ken at JJP but they didn't help. I can make the issue stop by recalibrating the sensors but it'll ultimately come back after a few games. I haven't had time to go back in and troubleshoot it further, but I was told by another Pinsider that removing the plug from the skill shot area while the game was off was something to try. No idea if it'll work but can't hurt!

#12864 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

I've replaced both trough boards, which were sent to me by Ken at JJP but they didn't help. I can make the issue stop by recalibrating the sensors but it'll ultimately come back after a few games. I haven't had time to go back in and troubleshoot it further, but I was told by another Pinsider that removing the plug from the skill shot area while the game was off was something to try. No idea if it'll work but can't hurt!

Cleaning the opto sensors on the board with IPA?

#12865 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

^^^ theres at least 4 NIB LE with the same trough Opto issues in UK so far.
Seems to be a known issue..

How are your playfields holding up? Did your playfields have the washer kits installed from the factory?

Our games will be arriving in Australia soon. Just deciding what to do and how to handle the situation.

#12866 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

thanks, i'll try that too

#12867 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please open a ticket on the website under Support. If more people report it, they'll track it.
I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

thank you ok i will do that tomorrow i hope my ticket gets to ken as he is already familiar with the problem

#12868 2 years ago

Re. the auto launch issue under discussion here, I installed BETA V10 hoping that it might help with the problem. It did not but it did create a whole new problem. I am getting an error message on the LCD stating that the CAB Board has a communications error. Apparently that is a known problem with that BETA version. I did refer it to the BETA team at JJP and I hope theycan create a patch to clear it. In the meantime I am stuck with it. The game still plays but the LCD is obscured by the error message. My suggestion is to maybe not install the BETA V10 until they fix the problem (probably in BETA V11 or some other iteration. Have fun!

#12869 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

How are your playfields holding up? Did your playfields have the washer kits installed from the factory?
Our games will be arriving in Australia soon. Just deciding what to do and how to handle the situation.

Container arrived full of pins and anxious owners.
All LEs are May builds with March build playfields.
Washers and longer posts with t+ lock nuts fitted from JJP.
CEs are cheese
LEs are all starting to chip, mainly at the pop bumper posts.
Let’s just say owners are pissed off!

#12870 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

CEs are cheese

Thank you very much for the honest feedback, I really appreciate it.

I feel your pain, this has happened to us a few times. It is honestly one of the worst feelings as pinball is such a passionate hobby and it costs so much money to buy a game.

Hopefully JJP makes this right for all you guys.

#12871 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballFuries:

[quoted image]

Were there washers on the spots that have been pooling and chipping?

#12872 2 years ago

Finally nailed a 6 ball power chord jackpot and it was worth over 7,000,000!

They also seem to be a great way to resurrect a less than stellar performance on a song. The award besides points has been add a ball plus ball saver again for a short period of time.

*** I don’t always seem to get ball saver with power chord jackpots and I’m not sure what causes it to happen when I do.

#12873 2 years ago

Were there washers on the spots that have been pooling and chipping?

Yes. Black washers on the problem posts. I count 10 of the black washers and there are clear plastic washers under the sling posts. Haven’t had a chance to look at the underside of the pf yet to see if nylon nuts are there.

#12874 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

CEs are cheese

What sucks is JJP is still producing the pin! They will not stop. When it leaves the factory they know its a good chance the pins will have problems. I just can’t believe it!!!

#12875 2 years ago

#12876 2 years ago

I wonder what % of people are having issues?

#12877 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What sucks is JJP is still producing the pin! They will not stop. When it leaves the factory they know its a good chance the pins will have problems. I just can’t believe it!!!

So to be clear even if the washers have been installed owners are still having chipping and pooling issues?

#12878 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know if JJP is shipping any games to US distributors at the moment? Or does JJP have any games on the line currently or are they waiting on parte again? Thanks in advance.

mine is coming tomorrow!

#12879 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Re. the auto launch issue under discussion here, I installed BETA V10 hoping that it might help with the problem. It did not but it did create a whole new problem. I am getting an error message on the LCD stating that the CAB Board has a communications error. Apparently that is a known problem with that BETA version. I did refer it to the BETA team at JJP and I hope theycan create a patch to clear it. In the meantime I am stuck with it. The game still plays but the LCD is obscured by the error message. My suggestion is to maybe not install the BETA V10 until they fix the problem (probably in BETA V11 or some other iteration. Have fun!

Might post this on the beta thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program#post-6411677

#12880 2 years ago

Good thought. I did email the JJP BETA team about my issue but I will post here as well. Thanks.

#12881 2 years ago

Hi all. I am going to return my machine to the distributor, it has many problems, including those mentioned by the European colleagues, the manufacturing date is May, LE 1081.

The ball is thrown by itself, it is an intermittent problem with shotlane3.

The stage's left focus has a much wider range than the right and points downward. multitude of tears in the playfield on the posts, only with 80 games, unsoldered coil cables, power cable cover passed thread, the screws do not come out, even the handle was missing parts and came mounted sideways marking the arts and wood Now it is straight and the mark is very noticeable.

Only 5 LE have arrived in Spain and mine is the only one that causes problems. As a curious fact, mine has a different subwoofer mounted from the others, it is only 65w and 8 ohm, the rest is the normal 300w 4ohm.
Can you check this last? maybe the faulty consignment has that kind of subwoofer.

Sorry for my bad english

#12882 2 years ago
Quoted from Chipywinie:

Hi all. I am going to return my machine to the distributor, it has many problems, including those mentioned by the European colleagues, the manufacturing date is May, LE 1081.
The ball is thrown by itself, it is an intermittent problem with shotlane3.
The stage's left focus has a much wider range than the right and points downward. multitude of tears in the playfield on the posts, only with 80 games, unsoldered coil cables, power cable cover passed thread, the screws do not come out, even the handle was missing parts and came mounted sideways marking the arts and wood Now it is straight and the mark is very noticeable.
Only 5 LE have arrived in Spain and mine is the only one that causes problems. As a curious fact, mine has a different subwoofer mounted from the others, it is only 65w and 8 ohm, the rest is the normal 300w 4ohm.
Can you check this last? maybe the faulty consignment has that kind of subwoofer.
Sorry for my bad english

Yeah I’d take it back to the distributor, esp if you are finding odd/different parts installed

#12883 2 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

So to be clear even if the washers have been installed owners are still having chipping and pooling issues?

Yes. Mine came with washers and its gone past the washers.

#12884 2 years ago

This should lighten things up a bit

IMG_20210729_210144 (resized).jpgIMG_20210729_210144 (resized).jpg
#12885 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This should lighten things up a bit [quoted image]

Can you provide a link? If this is real this is another nail in the coffin for JJP. The bad publicity is killing them.

#12886 2 years ago

Came here to say if you think you don't have pooling around your posts you are probably and unfortunately mistaken if you have more than a handful of plays.
I have a newer build received in June 200 plays with clear washers on slingshot and some black washers pre-installed on posts. Those posts are fine.
However, any post not covered that takes direct hits off the flippers or pop bumpers has some level of pooling. I discovered this after removing the upper playfield to install all the cliffys. All of those posts near the pop bumpers had the issue. Lower playfield any post without the bigger plastic washer has the issue.
My advice like others here is to not play the game until all posts that can be hit directly from the pop bumpers or flippers have at least the PETG washers mentioned earlier in this thread. Sucks but that's what it is.

#12887 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can you provide a link? If this is real this is another nail in the coffin for JJP. The bad publicity is killing them.

I don't see this as a nail in the coffin , just someone reaching for the heavens .
No harm in asking

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-eliza/collectables/guns-n-roses-collectors-edition-pinball-machine/1278712875

#12888 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I don't see this as a nail in the coffin , just someone reaching for the heavens .
No harm in asking
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-eliza/collectables/guns-n-roses-collectors-edition-pinball-machine/1278712875

#12889 2 years ago

He lives down the road from me , maybe I should check it out

#12890 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No Slash is not living down the road of you But for 70k I would expect him to be dressed liek Slash

#12891 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

And just up from me

#12892 2 years ago

Another chipped playfield to add to the list. First one I noticed so far. GnR SE Dec. 2020 manufacturer date, around 100 plays so far.

3A6EF819-4605-4622-A924-287B43F4F4B0 (resized).png3A6EF819-4605-4622-A924-287B43F4F4B0 (resized).pngBE21D2BD-8A38-49CA-A85E-D6EDCF465711 (resized).jpegBE21D2BD-8A38-49CA-A85E-D6EDCF465711 (resized).jpeg
#12893 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I wonder what % of people are having issues?

Have wondered that myself. There seems to be a lot of affected playfields but I've also read multiple posts from December, March, and April owners that don't have any issues.

What's interesting on my July build game is that a playfield manufacturing date isn't stamped anywhere on the playfield. I looked all over for it. Game has all of the latest fixes and hoping that it doesn't have any issues. I should probably still remove the posts in question at this time and apply mylar squares while still under 50 plays.

#12894 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

This should lighten things up a bit [quoted image]

For that price it better be slash's personal team edition pin.

#12895 2 years ago

FB813657-62BC-4977-93D3-DA0D2C5CABCC (resized).jpegFB813657-62BC-4977-93D3-DA0D2C5CABCC (resized).jpeg

Slow progress….

#12896 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Have wondered that myself. There seems to be a lot of affected playfields but I've also read multiple posts from December, March, and April owners that don't have any issues.
What's interesting on my July build game is that a playfield manufacturing date isn't stamped anywhere on the playfield. I looked all over for it. Game has all of the latest fixes and hoping that it doesn't have any issues. I should probably still remove the posts in question at this time and apply mylar squares while still under 50 plays.

I would, my game is Dec. 2020 build and 99 plays with chipping already.

#12897 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I would, my game is Dec. 2020 build and 99 plays with chipping already.

That's only about 14 plays a month.
Which of your pins do you play the most?

#12898 2 years ago

There's a great Spider-Man up for sale on our forum in UK.
Play-field is fantastic other than slight nic above the doc magnet
It’s probably had 30k + plays..... then you look at these NIB GnR PFs....
Depressing

#12899 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

There's a great Spider-Man up for sale on our forum in UK.
Play-field is fantastic other than slight nic above the doc magnet
It’s probably had 30k + plays..... then you look at these NIB GnR PFs....
Depressing

My 1994 Addams Gold is perfect. 27 years old.

#12900 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

That's only about 14 plays a month.
Which of your pins do you play the most?

Its hard to say, I spend a lot of time playing around with Pinsound orchestrations and then I get focused on a specific game working on the new orchestration.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Moreno Valley, CA
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
$ 11,000.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,342 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/258 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.