IMG_20240413_155854 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155858 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 568.
#12801 2 years ago

Those just receiving games- can you tell us the playfield date? Should be on the far back of the PF if you raise it

#12802 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Added a few more cool trinkets to the front of GNR LE. Fridge magnet and GNR AFD keychain. This game is so much fun to mod!
[quoted image]

Looks great! What size is the Magnet?

Options are:
2.5x3.5
3.5x5
6x8

Thanks

#12803 2 years ago

I would say no to another SE run. Poor initial sales and higher margin on the LE means they have low motivation for another run. Plus, I’m sure they are eager to release the next game to maintain some sort of market momentum.

Quoted from rockrand:

Are se games going to be made again?

#12804 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I would say no to another SE run. Poor initial sales and higher margin on the LE means they have low motivation for another run. Plus, I’m sure they are eager to release the next game to maintain some sort of market momentum.

I think se machines are going to be as rare as CE.
They're going to be making LE for a while now. They haven't even made it halfway out of October orders yet. People are still getting them who ordered on October 8th.. just last week #1742 of 5000. Now 1561... so their getting closer to half way and not even out of October??? ...Sometimes I think they're going to make all 5,000.

#12805 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Too bad because the SE is the better game (in my opinion)

#12806 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You can make an LE play the exact same way by disabling the diverter, right?

#12807 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You can make an LE play the exact same way by disabling the diverter, right?

#12808 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It’s definitely easier that’s for sure since you can lock balls and light the gnr lane with one shot

#12809 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It’s definitely easier that’s for sure since you can lock balls and light the gnr lane with one shot

I’d say it’s easier in that aspect. Might be harder, more intense keeping 4-6 balls going. I’d be annoyed if I didn’t have somewhere to plant balls (i.e guitar lock) while in song modes.

#12810 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’d be annoyed if I didn’t have somewhere to plant balls (i.e guitar lock) while in song modes.

I totally agree..uhhh..planting balls in song modes.

200w.gif200w.gif
#12811 2 years ago
Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

Looks great! What size is the Magnet?
Options are:
2.5x3.5
3.5x5
6x8
Thanks

I ordered the 2.5 x 3.5 and it fits well. Could fill the spot a little better, but who's complaining?

#12812 2 years ago

Looks like games are shipping again, which is awesome. I’m still waiting on the call, I’m told any day now. So ready for this game to be in the collection.

About how many games a week is JJP able to ship out now? Production still slowed due to the chip shortage?

#12813 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I agree, my GNR is a total blast. I have had only minor issues with it so far and JJP'S tech support has been great to work with. And, no play field issues at all. I think GNR is JJP'S best game so far and I have all of the other games in my collection. And, I have HAD 100% positive experiences with them too. Am I just lucky? I think not. I am not a "JJP fan boy" and I have games by others manufacturers too. But to anyone sitting on the fence because of all of the JJP naysayers, you are missing out on a really great game. Just IMHO.

I haven't had to call tech support but I agree it is a great game and glad it is part of my collection. I would buy it again in a second.

#12814 2 years ago

Anyone with a latest July build decide to remove the posts with black washers and install mylar squares under the washer? Still debating on doing this with < 50 games in on my July build LE but not sure if it's necessary.

#12815 2 years ago

New owner here..SE, I'm having auto launch issues, yes it's turned off in settings. Doesn't seem to happen on first ball. I'm not sure what that trough jam switch is in the menu, it's showing not active?

IMG_20210726_231330 (resized).jpgIMG_20210726_231330 (resized).jpg
#12816 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone with a latest July build decide to remove the posts with black washers and install mylar squares under the washer? Still debating on doing this with < 50 games in on my July build LE but not sure if it's necessary.

all i'm doing is adding rubbers to the posts without them. you couldn't pay me to play it without them; don't care if that's the design or not.

#12817 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't have mine yet, but that is my plan, assuming that the mylar isn't already pre-installed, that is.

#12818 2 years ago

Do black washers matter? I'm glad they are doing this at the factory but not sure why they didn't use clear(presumed it's a cost factor)... I've got a stash of clear petg just waiting for my pin to arrive and plan to swap unless there's something I'm missing.

#12819 2 years ago

Lior has got his pop bumper mods .
Not for me but I'm still waiting to see what his topper looks like .

IMG_20210727_233728 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233728 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233625 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233625 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233646 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233646 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233708 (resized).jpgIMG_20210727_233708 (resized).jpg
#12820 2 years ago

Are the art blades sold out?

#12821 2 years ago

Just got my final invoice for my LE. It had been so long i'd just forgotten about it.

For any other aussies that got LE's how long before you received your machine did your final invoice become due?
I vaguely recall someone saying it was before they went into the build queue at jjp.

Invoice payment due early sept so maybe delivery mid/late november?

To current owners was the game worth the wait?

#12822 2 years ago

Very happy to see others getting their GNR as well. It was a long wait, but so worth it. I know several have said "It is an adrenaline rush and multiball heavy", which it absolutely is lol. I crossed the 100 games played mark last night (last Thurs I got the game), and there is a lot of strategy to figure out, but you don't need to. Last night I had my best score of 26mil, which was due to a 23mil Mr. Brownstone Applause jackpot. Skipping out on the "cash out options", and keep on playing to the end of the song is a bit nerve wracking. Especially, when you had 3 balls, you lost 2 and THEN it says "Applause jackbot is lit". But when you DO hit the scoop w/applause and see the points you one, that is so awesome.

Anyway, good luck to all getting their games, and hopefully no major issues! I have just had to do some adjustments so far.

#12823 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Do black washers matter? I'm glad they are doing this at the factory but not sure why they didn't use clear(presumed it's a cost factor)... I've got a stash of clear petg just waiting for my pin to arrive and plan to swap unless there's something I'm missing.

Are the black washers carbon fiber, like the kind Cliffy sells? If so, maybe they are thinner than the clear PETG ones. Not sure, but good question.

#12824 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Are the black washers carbon fiber, like the kind Cliffy sells? If so, maybe they are thinner than the clear PETG ones. Not sure, but good question.

Just plastic.

#12825 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Are the art blades sold out?

They’re not available yet. Supposed to be end of august.

#12826 2 years ago

I love it when I have 5 balls locked for power chord jackpot and just as I send the 6th one up there, it times out. Every single time!

Anyone have any idea where Karl D sets his outlanes? Just curious.

Added over 3 years ago:

After looking closer at a video of his stream where he gets wizard mode, it like Karl’s outlanes were in the middle for that game.

I’m guessing his pitch may be steeper than my 6.8 since the ball seems to come down to the flippers faster with less side to side bounce.

#12827 2 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I love it when I have 5 balls locked for power chord jackpot and just as I send the 6th one up there, it times out. Every single time!

It was mentioned before, but the guitar lock is a blessing for helping with Multiball management for sure. At least it gives a little bit of a break to the somewhat insanity that can be happening when you have all 6 going around the playfield.

#12828 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

all i'm doing is adding rubbers to the posts without them. you couldn't pay me to play it without them; don't care if that's the design or not.

Good idea, thanks. I just added rubbers to the two posts without them, one near the left inlane and one on the upper playfield. I wonder why those two posts don't come with rubbers from the factory?

Also, after 10 games I noticed the factory balls starting to look rather dull and slightly dinged up. I tossed them out and put in some balls I had ordered from Ball Baron a while back.

#12829 2 years ago

On the latest builds being sent out, are the flippers set so that the ramp is backhand-able from the left flipper? Mine was like that initially, but I lowered them both to make the left orbit easier from the right flipper. But of course I can no longer back hand the ramp.

Just curious how they are being sent now.

#12830 2 years ago

I got the set from Pinballife - Black washers and 3 posts. So I just put these on and I am good? So many different threads that I am not sure if it is that easy???

#12831 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

It was mentioned before, but the guitar lock is a blessing for helping with Multiball management for sure. At least it gives a little bit of a break to the somewhat insanity that can be happening when you have all 6 going around the playfield.

There is a setting to increase the power chord lock timer. Default is 15 seconds (refreshes anytime a new ball is added). I increased mine to 20 seconds - to compensate, I lowered my max ball save from 60 secs to 45 secs.

One thing I don’t like about the powerchord is even though lock releases don’t send the balls down the middle; when you release 3,4,5 balls etc… so quickly, they collide and I’ll usually end up with 2 or 3 balls in play after getting a 6 ball powerchord jackpot. Is what it is but that’s my justification for increasing the timer 5 seconds haha

#12832 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

On the latest builds being sent out, are the flippers set so that the ramp is backhand-able from the left flipper? Mine was like that initially, but I lowered them both to make the left orbit easier from the right flipper. But of course I can no longer back hand the ramp.
Just curious how they are being sent now.

Yep, just got mine last week, and the left ramp is easily backhand-able.

#12833 2 years ago

on the flipper topic, my left is a little higher than the right one. is that what you guys are talking about? i thought that may be on purpose, or should i adjust them even?

#12834 2 years ago

anyone adding cliffy switch lane protectors for the two inlane drops?

#12835 2 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

anyone adding cliffy switch lane protectors for the two inlane drops?

I put them on POTC and Wonka because both drop the ball directly onto the switch slot.

GNR did not need them because the drop is on solid wood well above the switch slot.

#12836 2 years ago

I've started to install polycarbonate washers with mylar underneath on my May LE build but I'm stuck and very frustrated : the most important posts which can cause damage and need to be fixed are in places which seem quite hard to access.

Sorry in advance for the newbie questions, I'm learning my way and it's a tough start…

The metal post on the mini playfield apparently requires the mini playfield to be removed ? It seeems to be quite complicated, is there a post somewhere on how to do it, or could someone guide me ?
What about the post on the right of the bottom bumper, same question : the plastic ramp needs to be removed ?? How ?

Also the 2 posts below the Axel lanes seem stuck in place with a T-nut whereas the other posts simply had a nut on the bottom… How the hell can I remove these ?

Finally , the left inlane post's metal washer seems to be glued (loctite?) it doesn't go away so I couldn't replace it with a polycarbonate washer. No idea go to remove it if at all possible...

Thanks in advance for the help !!

#12837 2 years ago
Quoted from Blu:

Yep, just got mine last week, and the left ramp is easily backhand-able.

feels good to backhand that left ramp right into a ball lock.

#12838 2 years ago
Quoted from firebrand007:

I've started to install polycarbonate washers with mylar underneath on my May LE build but I'm stuck and very frustrated : the most important posts which can cause damage and need to be fixed are in places which seem quite hard to access.
Sorry in advance for the newbie questions, I'm learning my way and it's a tough start…
The metal post on the mini playfield apparently requires the mini playfield to be removed ? It seeems to be quite complicated, is there a post somewhere on how to do it, or could someone guide me ?
What about the post on the right of the bottom bumper, same question : the plastic ramp needs to be removed ?? How ?
Also the 2 posts below the Axel lanes seem stuck in place with a T-nut whereas the other posts simply had a nut on the bottom… How the hell can I remove these ?
Finally , the left inlane post's metal washer seems to be glued (loctite?) it doesn't go away so I couldn't replace it with a polycarbonate washer. No idea go to remove it if at all possible...

Check post #7468

#12839 2 years ago

Does your game have the longer posts through the t-nuts with the nylon nut on the end?

#12840 2 years ago

If you are doing all of that work, you should really consider installing Cliffies at the same time. You can find out more at his web site Passion for Pinballs.

#12841 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Do black washers matter?

All washers matter.

#12842 2 years ago

Anyone know if JJP is shipping any games to US distributors at the moment? Or does JJP have any games on the line currently or are they waiting on parte again? Thanks in advance.

#12843 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know if JJP is shipping any games to US distributors at the moment? Or does JJP have any games on the line currently or are they waiting on parte again? Thanks in advance.

I got my call and final invoice two weeks ago, and then one week ago I was told that they’d run out of some parts and the line was stopped. It’s funny that this is the way we learn the world really is breaking down.

I have no idea what to expect or when to expect it, but I don’t suppose it’ll matter much when the zombies come

#12844 2 years ago

Hopefully JJP is using the money they collected for this round to pay for a new Playfield manufacturer

#12845 2 years ago

I also received a notice that my game that was to be delivered this week or next has been canceled due to the factory waiting on parts (oct 11 order).

#12846 2 years ago

Thanks a lot c818919taylor for the link to the mini playfield removal instructions!
If anyone has tips for the Axel lane, bumper and inlane posts, it'd be really great.
arcadem that's a good point - I had planned on skipping those as I really didn't see myself capable of the intricate removal and réinstallation process needed though... .
I'm wondering if cutting a larger hole in the Mylar circles and just sticking them on top beyond the metal washers would be sufficient, if I can't manage...

Quoted from mozach:

Does your game have the longer posts through the t-nuts with the nylon nut on the end?

It doesn't look like it, I'm not sure what a nylon nut looks like but it's a metal nut I have on the end. (May build and unfortunately pre-black washers.)

#12847 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:I got my call and final invoice two weeks ago, and then one week ago I was told that they’d run out of some parts and the line was stopped. It’s funny that this is the way we learn the world really is breaking down.
I have no idea what to expect or when to expect it, but I don’t suppose it’ll matter much when the zombies come

Apparently it's worse than that... Zombies have arrived.

Screenshot_20210728-074127_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210728-074127_Chrome (resized).jpg

#12848 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I got my call and final invoice two weeks ago, and then one week ago I was told that they’d run out of some parts and the line was stopped. It’s funny that this is the way we learn the world really is breaking down.

Yea, I was told I was next up at my distro as well, but then things went quiet. I figured the flow of games had stopped yet again. One day JJP will get this all figured out.

#12849 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, I was told I was next up at my distro as well, but then things went quiet. I figured the flow of games had stopped yet again. One day JJP will get this all figured out.

My idea was to hire a person who could count using numbers and put them in charge of inventory. I kid, I kid, I know there are serious supply chain and workforce issues. Abacuses are probably hard to come by too

I wonder what they have all their employees do when they have to stop the line, though.

#12850 2 years ago
Quoted from deejaypee: I wonder what they have all their employees do when they have to stop the line, though.

Gee, I wonder ..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ardmore, PA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 28,351 posts in this topic. You are on page 257 of 568.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/257?hl=daveyvandy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.