IMG_20240413_155856 (resized).jpg
IMG_1426 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2636.gif
IMG_2002 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2003 (resized).jpeg
1C8AE00A-E658-441F-8C85-35F46CC105C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3148 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

78 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 567.
#12751 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Go into switch test mode and hit the flippers, it will come up and show what is being triggered.

Thanks . The only switch registering are the flipper switches.
Also interesting that they score 200 points before plunging and 10 during game play.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

AB6E25B4-5700-4B0B-A74C-2F1E298055C6 (resized).jpegAB6E25B4-5700-4B0B-A74C-2F1E298055C6 (resized).jpeg
#12752 2 years ago

Matrixed switch reveals #18 bumper rubber.

#12753 2 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Also interesting that they score 200 points before plunging and 10 during game play.

Switch stuck closed somewhere. Tests - Switches - Matrixed, bang on playfield with your fist. See if anything registers.

LTG : )

#12754 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switch stuck closed somewhere. Tests - Switches - Matrixed, bang on playfield with your fist. See if anything registers.
LTG : )

Thanks Loyd. Got it thanks. Flippers were activating switch 18 bumper rubber.

73561E8C-59D1-4BD7-9F3D-C4EC2448DA95 (resized).jpeg73561E8C-59D1-4BD7-9F3D-C4EC2448DA95 (resized).jpegA7DB1E2B-07A7-41FD-89DA-65316BDE3D20 (resized).jpegA7DB1E2B-07A7-41FD-89DA-65316BDE3D20 (resized).jpeg
#12755 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't worry about Neil , he's a big Led Zeppelin fanboy .
It's funny how he talks about jjp quality with chipping playfields but never brings up Led Zeppelin playfields being warped like bananas , you can't mylar against that

Its not just playfield quality, Brand new CE unboxed that within a handful of plays the lights sheer off (a known problem for months and still happening) and then a big chunk of playfield comes off.

I've got two Led Zeppelins - neither are warped. My AIQ was warped - Stern sent me a fully_ populated playfield replacement. Whats that? I can't hear you.

Regards,
Neil.

#12756 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Hereā€™s an update. I removed just about all PETG washers to add some Mylar underneath. I had three areas where the washer left a circle imprint in the clear. Not pooling and nothing dramatic but a slight indent. Mind you I did not go crazy over torquing these suckers down.
I needed to use the iron in the spot by the left ball guide at the orbit. I did have pooling around the PETG washer here. Worked well. I added Mylar under just about every post where I added a washer and also installed the longer posts and lock nuts at the mini posts behind the pop bumpers. I bought the gnr kit from pinball life for $10. It came with the black washers but I did not use them. I was curious to see what they were made of. Just hard plastic.
I feel much better now that the Mylar is there. Time will tell how the playfield holds up but I should have done that in the beginning. Itā€™s invisible unless you REALLY look for it. Iā€™d recommend waxing before doing the Mylar in case you ever need to remove it.
Also, if anyone has trouble hitting the left ramp donā€™t be afraid to lower your flippers so they are in parallel with the inlanes. Makes a world of difference and now I can see how people put up monster scores.

Matty - keep a very_ close eye on the mylar. This was tried on TNA and the mylar came away from the playfield quite easily.

Neil.

#12757 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Matty - keep a very_ close eye on the mylar. This was tried on TNA and the mylar came away from the playfield quite easily.
Neil.

Yeah, I recommend using rubbing alcohol to strip the PF wax first so the mylar stays on. Waxing before the mylar kind of defeats the purpose.

#12758 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Troubleshooting story time!
Susan reported the GNR and AMP lanes not responding, as well as a failed COMA lock capture.
I investigated and found sure enough, all 3 of those switches were failing to respond. In addition the left sling switches weren't responding either. However, the problem was intermittent - they would sometimes work if the playfield was up, then fail again when the playfield was lowered.
This told me two things:
1. Intermittent means the problem is likely physical, not electronic.
2. Since so many near-neighbors went out, the problem was likely a break in the ground chain.
The chained ground wire to those switches is green/brown so I followed it back to the origin and found the culprit: it had broken off cleanly at the AFD target.
[quoted image]
Easy fix! Stripped the wire, clipped it in place with a heatsink clip and applied a nice shiny solder bead. Game is back to 100%.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
This was my first time to use my new Hakko iron Susan got me as a belated Christmas gift. I ran it at 850 and it worked like a champ.
amazon.com link Ā»

Tricky to troubleshoot and luckily easy to fix. I will keep an out if this rears is ugly head on my machine. Thanks for the share.

#12759 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I've got two Led Zeppelins - neither are warped. My AIQ was warped - Stern sent me a fully_ populated playfield replacement. Whats that? I can't hear you.
Regards,
Neil.

Hands up , my bad , I thought your Led Zeppelin was warped , but as you say , it was your Avengers , which just means Stern has put out two games with shit warped playfields .
Do you hear me

#12760 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the lights sheer off (a known problem for months and still happening) and then a big chunk of playfield comes off.

It's the first I've heard of lights sheering off , are you talking about servos not working ?
Also , I'd like to see a picture of a "chunk " of Playfield that has come off .

#12761 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

Thanks will do

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I recommend using rubbing alcohol to strip the PF wax first so the mylar stays on. Waxing before the mylar kind of defeats the purpose.

Damn I though that waxing first was the direct procedure. Iā€™ll keep an eye on it

#12762 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's the first I've heard of lights sheering off , are you talking about servos not working ?
Also , I'd like to see a picture of a "chunk " of Playfield that has come off .

ask and ye shall receive!

20210714_214752 (resized).jpg20210714_214752 (resized).jpg

20210718_101501 (resized).jpg20210718_101501 (resized).jpg

#12763 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ask and ye shall receive!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I did see those , and they are very disappointiing .
From what I've seen , I do think they are the exception and not the rule .

#12764 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I donā€™t think pinball universe ships to U.S. anymore ....

Mezel mods says unavailable right now

31897738-DDCB-44CA-B8B0-138C528FB625 (resized).png31897738-DDCB-44CA-B8B0-138C528FB625 (resized).png
#12765 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My playfield looks like that.

#12766 2 years ago

Hi guys.
I have a lot of problems with my LE, I even think that the sound system is not from this machine, can someone tell me if this subwoofer is the one that has to be in an LE
Sorry for my bad english, I from spain

IMG_20210725_205935 (resized).jpgIMG_20210725_205935 (resized).jpg
#12767 2 years ago
Quoted from Chipywinie:

Hi guys.
I have a lot of problems with my LE, I even think that the sound system is not from this machine, can someone tell me if this subwoofer is the one that has to be in an LE
[quoted image]

The speaker system that the game comes with sounds pretty bad. For better audio quality, upgrade to the Pinwoofer system.

#12768 2 years ago
Quoted from Chipywinie:

Hi guys.
[quoted image]

I know this doesn't answer your question, but you can pair some quality Bluetooth headphones.. that's a great and immersive experience imo, and a "mod" that you can probably do right now ... while waiting for your pinwoofer order of course.

#12769 2 years ago

I appreciate your advice. but I need to know if this is the correct speaker, according to specifications it is 65w, when I have seen other LEs that have 300w. I need it to make a list of failures, I am going to return the machine.

#12770 2 years ago

I heard from my distributor that both JJP and Stern have had a lot of employee turnover. Is that why we are seeing more issues with games? Itā€™s no longer just playfield issues but mechanical as well?

#12771 2 years ago
Quoted from Chipywinie:

I appreciate your advice. but I need to know if this is the correct speaker, according to specifications it is 65w, when I have seen other LEs that have 300w. I need it to make a list of failures, I am going to return the machine.

My game has this speaker. Low end, nothing special. I do think the game sounds fine with the external sub.
https://www.parts-express.com/Pyramid-WX85X-8-White-Poly-Woofer-290-272

That speaker appears to be discontinued. I believe this is the speaker in your game. Another low end, but well rated speaker. I wouldn't worry about the wattage. I doubt that board is putting out anywhere near enough wattage for it to matter, plus I would never trust the wattage listed on low end gear.
https://www.parts-express.com/GRS-8PR-8-8-Poly-Cone-Rubber-Surround-Woofer-292-428?gclid=Cj0KCQjwl_SHBhCQARIsAFIFRVXCujVUGRXOCwxDCl0oHy1dYVkDA0jahF0p3uUbDBA8nLg3ktKPPk4aAieYEALw_wcB

#12772 2 years ago
Quoted from Chipywinie:

The two links from Shredso are similar but different impedances. First is 4ohm, second is 8ohm.
There are other specifications like sensitivity that would actually affect the sound quality without potentially hurting the amp as getting the correct impedance for the amp is more important than wattage specs and sensitivity.

It wouldn't surprise me if JJP sourced multiple kinds of woofers and their BOM part# is just based on cost first As long as it meets their impedance specifications. PinWoofer might know what stock specs "should" most likely be from his research and testing of pinwoofer....

#12773 2 years ago

pinmonks cooling fans work great.. cool product...easy installation too

#12774 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

pinmonks cooling fans work great.. cool product...easy installation too

True... But Oops my bad, I meant PinWoofer above..

#12775 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

True... But Oops my bad, I meant PinWoofer above..

As long as I'm always in the back of the mind of every pinhead, I am satisfied.

#12776 2 years ago

Maybe I missed it. Where are people getting mylar washers. And what sizes are needed for GNRJJP pooling/cracking prevention and fixes? Thanks

#12777 2 years ago
Quoted from Chipywinie:

You're the first (maybe?) to report taking advantage of JJP's buy back option. Are they refunding the entire cost including shipping?

#12778 2 years ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

Maybe I missed it. Where are people getting mylar washers. And what sizes are needed for GNRJJP pooling/cracking prevention and fixes? Thanks

Got mine from Modcouple

#12779 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

The two links from Shredso are similar but different impedances. First is 4ohm, second is 8ohm.
There are other specifications like sensitivity that would actually affect the sound quality without potentially hurting the amp as getting the correct impedance for the amp is more important than wattage specs and sensitivity.
It wouldn't surprise me if JJP sourced multiple kinds of woofers and their BOM part# is just based on cost first As long as it meets their impedance specifications. PinWoofer might know what stock specs "should" most likely be from his research and testing of pinwoofer....

I was more posting to show they are comparable low end speakers, no funny business. It is interesting that the ohms don't match. Mine is definitely a 4ohm, Chipywinie clearly has an 8ohm. I wonder if they modified the wiring. I doubt it.

2021-07-25 18.29.51 (resized).jpg2021-07-25 18.29.51 (resized).jpg
#12780 2 years ago

What's the deal with the mini wizard mode demo derby ? Is the code not complete?

#12781 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

What's the deal with the mini wizard mode demo derby ? Is the code not complete?

Right, not complete.

Well, technically left...unfinished.

#12782 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's just recently been released in the beta code only?

#12783 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right, not complete.
Well, technically left...unfinished.

Ugh...they need to finish that shit...not cool

#12784 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Ugh...they need to finish that shit...not cool

They will. There's a LOT of content in the game. At least the beta version you can get now has the bones of a mode there now. For the last 8 months people were just avoiding the mode because it was a do-nothing waste of time.

#12785 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They will. There's a LOT of content in the game. At least the beta version you can get now has the bones of a mode there now. For the last 8 months people were just avoiding the mode because it was a do-nothing waste of time.

Where do you download the beta code from?

#12787 2 years ago

Request from an average (at best) pinball player here. I wish the settings would allow you to unlock Patience from the beginning.

I like the game okay, but I clunk around for 5 minutes or so, often starting a song on ball 2 or 3. Itā€™s unlikely I will then complete objectives to get to a song I have to unlock.

I really appreciate all of the included songs. Like any casual fan, there are only a handful I wish to hear frequently. Patience is one of them.

#12788 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Request from an average (at best) pinball player here. I wish the settings would allow you to unlock Patience from the beginning.
I like the game okay, but I clunk around for 5 minutes or so, often starting a song on ball 2 or 3. Itā€™s unlikely I will then complete objectives to get to a song I have to unlock.
I really appreciate all of the included songs. Like any casual fan, there are only a handful I wish to hear frequently. Patience is one of them.

Choose the GnR Lies patch. Once acquired, you can push center button to select Patience right before(I think 3 seconds or so) the song starts.

#12789 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Choose the GnR Lies patch. Once acquired, you can push center button to select Patience right before(I think 3 seconds or so) the song starts.

I think thatā€™s exactly what heā€™s wanting NOT to have to do.

#12790 2 years ago

I have an intermittent error on start up of ā€œLED Board Communication errorā€. I seem to recall that someone was able to remedy this by reseating some connectors. Any tips on where specifically to look, or just check every board under playfield?

644BD0E1-1D8F-48B7-A95C-93659E8F27FA (resized).jpeg644BD0E1-1D8F-48B7-A95C-93659E8F27FA (resized).jpeg
#12791 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:Request from an average (at best) pinball player here. I wish the settings would allow you to unlock Patience from the beginning.

Check settings. I believe you can make it so the song is available after x number of gnr lane completions. So maybe you can make it available after you collect one patch (one that is not the Lies patch)

#12792 2 years ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

I have an intermittent error on start up of ā€œLED Board Communication errorā€. I seem to recall that someone was able to remedy this by reseating some connectors. Any tips on where specifically to look, or just check every board under playfield?
[quoted image]

Not sure if this is your problem but there's a board under the playfield that has 7-10 LAN connectors going into it. It's near the back. This board can literally just fall off. You might check that one out and see if it's hanging by the LAN cables.

#12793 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

I think thatā€™s exactly what heā€™s wanting NOT to have to do.

Ooooh... Yeah, can't help with that. No patch, no song. This has me curious though, how hard is it to unlock patches on a pro? There's the left inlane, but on the LE/CE you can also drain the upper playfield(which I do to cut some time). Is there another option besides the inlane on the pro?

#12794 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Not sure if this is your problem but there's a board under the playfield that has 7-10 LAN connectors going into it. It's near the back. This board can literally just fall off. You might start by checking that one out and see if it's hanging by the LAN cables.

Thanks for the tip. My board was secure, but reseated all LAN cables for good measure. Will power cycle it a few times to see if I can get the error to reappear, or if itā€™s now sorted. Fingers crossed!

#12795 2 years ago

20210723_141610 (resized).jpg20210723_141610 (resized).jpg20210723_172658 (resized).jpg20210723_172658 (resized).jpg20210723_172711 (resized).jpg20210723_172711 (resized).jpg

LE 1561 in the house! July build with all the new fixes; the game looks and plays perfectly out of the box. I had to make one small adjustment to fix an intermittent drain from the song scoop SDTM but it now functions perfectly. This game is otherworldly! For those waiting for your game, the pin is definitely worth the wait and you may take comfort that your build will have all the latest tweaks and adjustments.

#12796 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
LE 1561 in the house! July build with all the new fixes; the game looks and plays perfectly out of the box. I had to make one small adjustment to fix an intermittent drain from the song scoop SDTM but it now functions perfectly. This game is otherworldly! For those waiting for your game, the pin is definitely worth the wait and you may take comfort that your build will have all the latest tweaks and adjustments.

#12797 2 years ago

I agree, my GNR is a total blast. I have had only minor issues with it so far and JJP'S tech support has been great to work with. And, no play field issues at all. I think GNR is JJP'S best game so far and I have all of the other games in my collection. And, I have HAD 100% positive experiences with them too. Am I just lucky? I think not. I am not a "JJP fan boy" and I have games by others manufacturers too. But to anyone sitting on the fence because of all of the JJP naysayers, you are missing out on a really great game. Just IMHO.

#12798 2 years ago

Are se games going to be made again?

#12799 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Ooooh... Yeah, can't help with that. No patch, no song. This has me curious though, how hard is it to unlock patches on a pro? There's the left inlane, but on the LE/CE you can also drain the upper playfield(which I do to cut some time). Is there another option besides the inlane on the pro?

Just the ramp to the inlane. I imagine it would be very exploitable to get patches on the SE. Anytime my upper pf diverter is up, left+right ramp combos can grab a few quick patches. And if your game is setup to backhand the left ramp, you can do it all day since itā€™s a slow safe feed back to the flipper (for the most part). On the LE, taking the lane award drain shot puts the ball out of control, so much more dangerous to exploit.

#12800 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Felice Navidad, Captain!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Crestview, FL
$ 11,000.00
ā‚¬ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 28,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 567.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/256?hl=rapidflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.